PDA

View Full Version : What will you be watching on TV tonight?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Letters
28-08-2017, 04:59 PM
MrsL wanted to keep watching it :shrug:

Bits of it were OK.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2017, 10:53 PM
Well that was one hell of a finale for GoT. The writing definitely way better than in the mess of an episode last week. Gutted it's now over for 1-2 years.

1-2 years? We're going to miss the whole fucking war then :doh:

Thierrymon
28-08-2017, 11:23 PM
Rumours that the final season might not air until 2019.

GP
29-08-2017, 08:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsYAYXeVtoM

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Missing GoT already so binged Season 1. First time I have watched it again since the original airing. Recommend it highly. The new stuff is good, but this early stuff is classic. And rewatching when knowing what the characters will become, it adds a lot. Compelling. This is rare, rare TV and, if I dare say it, top top top qualiteeeeeeeeeeeee.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-09-2017, 06:26 PM
I'll probably watch them again but with the commentary on.

Which I think would be the fifth time I've watched it. :lol:

I'm not particularly interested in reading the books but I may read The World of Ice and Fire, which is everything leading up to where we start on GoT.

Letters
03-09-2017, 06:50 PM
Is it REALLY that good? Really?
People keep going on about it.
I watched the first episode and it didn't really grab me. I've heard you need to give it a chance which I didn't really.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-09-2017, 06:54 PM
It is. To be honest I can see why people would see it as slow but it goes mental by the fifth episode.

Letters
03-09-2017, 07:10 PM
And there's tits. Hmm. Might give it another go.

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2017, 07:26 PM
Is it REALLY that good? Really?
People keep going on about it.
I watched the first episode and it didn't really grab me. I've heard you need to give it a chance which I didn't really.

Yes it is. This is me saying it. As far as I'm concerned, virtually everything in the whole world is shit. But there are a few good things. This is one of them.

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2017, 07:28 PM
And I just binged season 2. Yanks are on holiday this weekend so life is quiet. Crazy thing. Season 2 is better than season 1. Episode 9. If that doesn't make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, you are already dead.

Letters
03-09-2017, 07:35 PM
Hmm. On the Sky box sets it looks like only the first 4 episodes of season 1 and the end of Season 7 are available.

You have to pay for it on Amazon too <_<

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2017, 07:39 PM
Hmm. On the Sky box sets it looks like only the first 4 episodes of season 1 and the end of Season 7 are available.

Kidding me? Seasons 1-4 are available on Sky? Link FFS!

I just fucking bought seasons 2 and 3.

Fuck.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-09-2017, 07:42 PM
He said first 4 episodes of Season 1. :lol:

It won't be long before it is all on it again though.

Also, Charles Dance. :bow: It's worth it just for him alone.

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Stuff I bought instead of pirated, because I wanted the quality and I wanted the ease of viewing without all the popup shit.

Battlestar Galactica (new version, obviously)
GoT

Nothing else. For everything else, piracy was acceptable because the quality matched. That's my message to Hollywood. If you don't want piracy then make shit that's remarkable and worth the money.

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2017, 07:43 PM
He said first 4 episodes of Season 1. :lol:

It won't be long before it is all on it again though.

Also, Charles Dance. :bow: It's worth it just for him alone.

That centred me. I'm fine now. False alarm.

Master Splinter
03-09-2017, 08:53 PM
I was behind and only caught up recently so I have 1-6 on Blu-Ray. Series 7 was the first I saw LIVE. I do miss watching a swathe of episodes at once, although maybe the impact of certain episodes is lost on someone watching it that way.

There's not many deleted scenes over the six series, which I suppose is a good thing as most of what is intended on paper ends up in the episode. The one I felt which should have ended up in the final cut was the scene with Tywin and Pycelle in season 3. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMXJlUIQP94)

Master Splinter
03-09-2017, 08:56 PM

Have you ever seen The Wire?

I noticed they have it up on Sky at the moment.

A Must Watch.

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2017, 09:08 PM
The Wire was good. But I don't have an urge to watch it again. In the end, as good as it was, I think the lead character was a bit of a ham.

Master Splinter
03-09-2017, 09:16 PM
I was asking Letters tbf.

Clarke Peters and Idris Elba were probably the best things in it.

Niall_Quinn
03-09-2017, 09:42 PM
I was asking Letters tbf.

Clarke Peters and Idris Elba were probably the best things in it.

Just tell him Wenger is in it.

GP
19-09-2017, 01:34 PM
Bojack Horseman is really really great.

Letters
19-09-2017, 01:38 PM
Designated Survivor.

Might have mentioned this before but we watched the first episode and then didn't watch any more. Got into it more now, enjoying it so far.

Power n Glory
19-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Stuff I bought instead of pirated, because I wanted the quality and I wanted the ease of viewing without all the popup shit.

Battlestar Galactica (new version, obviously)
GoT

Nothing else. For everything else, piracy was acceptable because the quality matched. That's my message to Hollywood. If you don't want piracy then make shit that's remarkable and worth the money.

Fargo, Better Call Saul, The Night Of, Westworld...some of the best series I've watched recently.

Marc Overmars
19-09-2017, 03:17 PM
Bojack Horseman is really really great.

Yeah enjoyed the latest season a lot.

Letters
23-09-2017, 05:16 PM
Have you ever seen The Wire?

I noticed they have it up on Sky at the moment.

A Must Watch.

Heard of it but no, haven't seen it.
I've heard Wenger is in it though so will check it out.

Marc Overmars
10-10-2017, 10:29 AM
https://youtu.be/_38JDGnr0vA

For those who enjoyed Planet Earth and pretty much anything Attenborough does, Blue Planet II is coming out at the end of the month. :bow:

GP
10-10-2017, 10:48 AM
A Must Watch!

Niall_Quinn
10-10-2017, 10:58 AM
There's also a very good documentary on Pluto out there somewhere, a modern one so you can see the planet close up. Super interesting. I'm almost certain I watched it last night.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
10-10-2017, 06:45 PM
Started watching Hannibal on Netflix

My understanding is that season three is on amazon prime

Pretty good....Eddie Izzard cheerfully removing someone’s organs.

Letters
23-10-2017, 02:24 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41716877

Hmm. This may bode many things but "well" isn't one of them.

Also. The Walking Dead :dance:

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 02:34 PM
The Walking Dead - This Time it's WAR!

Actually quite looking forward to it.

That other thing though, I won't be watching that because it discriminates against Islamic lesbians.

Letters
23-10-2017, 03:07 PM
The trailer for this season looked good. Last one was a bit weak but I'll let that slide if it was setting up this season.

Master Splinter
23-10-2017, 07:55 PM
That bitch who betrayed Rick needs to be killed.

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-10-2017, 07:58 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41716877

Hmm. This may bode many things but "well" isn't one of them.

Not that I care much as I don't watch the show but that line up seems conveniently... diverse.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 09:02 PM
Oh well. I enjoyed some of the bits that flashed up in between the adverts, but in the main it seemed to be very shit. Not even a long 100th episode - the silly talk show is on for 2 hours after. And all the out of sequence stuff was a pain in the hole. And what happened to all Negan's invincible army? A load of bollocks tbf.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 09:05 PM
Rosita is kitted up like a complete slag on Talking dead. Her tits are definitely going to fall out. So worth the watch.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Scratch that. Turns out there are hordes of zombie yanks whooping and hollering every time somebody says something. Not the kind of tits I wanted to see. Unwatchable.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-10-2017, 09:19 PM
Not enough Shiva.

I'm struggling to find Negan even slightly charismatic. I think it might be him saying shitting your pants and talking about his dick size.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 09:42 PM
There's something seriously fucking wrong with Americans. They are so unbearably noisy. Fucking hell, what a racket.

Letters
23-10-2017, 09:42 PM
Talking Dead :doh:

Enjoyed TWD. Rick et al kicking some arse.

Although I do get annoyed when <insert baddie here> is just standing there and I'm thinking "Just shoot him! Shoot him now! He's just standing there, why aren't you shooting him?"

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 09:43 PM
And they looooove everyone!

In between bombing them.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Talking Dead :doh:

Enjoyed TWD. Rick et al kicking some arse.

Although I do get annoyed when <insert baddie here> is just standing there and I'm thinking "Just shoot him! Shoot him now! He's just standing there, why aren't you shooting him?"

But if all they had to do was bolt a few draining boards to their motors and drive up and kick the shit out of Negan's lot, then why didn't they do the in the first place?

Letters
23-10-2017, 09:46 PM
There's something seriously fucking wrong with Americans. They are so unbearably noisy. Fucking hell, what a racket.
They are imbeciles. They literally scream at every. Single. Thing. Anyone says.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 09:49 PM
They are imbeciles. They literally scream at every. Single. Thing. Anyone says.

It's all women.

Who the fuck is making the dinner?

Letters
23-10-2017, 09:51 PM
The possibility of that bird's tits falling out of her dress is not longer enough of an inducement to keep watching this shit.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 09:52 PM
Unless I've done them an injustice and it's an ongoing terrorist attack.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 09:53 PM
The possibility of that bird's tits falling out of her dress is not longer enough of an inducement to keep watching this shit.

You know exactly what will happen. As soon as you switch off, out they'll flop.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 11:41 PM
Forgot the Matrix ended with Rage Against the Machine. Perfect.

Was racking my brains to come up with any bird anywhere with a nicer arse than Trinity's. I've got nothing.

Matrix is such a blast, from start to finish.

Marc Overmars
29-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Blue Planet 2. :popcorn:

Letters
30-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Stranger Things 2

:dance:

The 80s :bow:

Just watched the first episode. Top, top quality.

Marc Overmars
31-10-2017, 04:37 PM
Rick and Morty. :bow:

Niall_Quinn
02-11-2017, 12:24 AM
WTF was EP2 of Walking Dead all about?

What utter shite.

Letters
02-11-2017, 08:59 AM
WTF was EP2 of Walking Dead all about?

What utter shite.

Oh good. Wasn't just me who thought that. Lot of action but had no idea who was attacking who and why and so on.
"The King" bloke is winding me up a bit, stop talking like that you pretentious prick!
And as MrsL astutely noted during the last series, how does the tiger know which ones to attack?

Niall_Quinn
02-11-2017, 09:07 AM
Oh good. Wasn't just me who thought that. Lot of action but had no idea who was attacking who and why and so on.
"The King" bloke is winding me up a bit, stop talking like that you pretentious prick!
And as MrsL astutely noted during the last series, how does the tiger know which ones to attack?

What was the intensely boring opening about, where we had to cycle through every face to the strains of meaningful elevator music? And then repeat the whole process at the end!

Piss take?

And this Negan bloke and his invincible army who have every inch of the terrain covered - remember how Rick and the Gang couldn't drive N, E, S or W in their groovy camper van without being tracked? How comes everyone can just walk around the place now without being detected or attacked? Has Negan become complacent, like Wenger?

And why didn't they just shoot Negan when he was standing there, in the last episode?

And why do people take crossbows to a gun fight?

And isn't this meant to be about zombie apocalypses? The zombies are more like Mr Pumpkin Head now, just there to be casually split open.

And when did that bloke who got killed and came back to life suddenly become a terminator?

Everything about that episode was written by a 3 year old who isn't a very good writer by 3 year old standards.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-11-2017, 09:14 AM

You’re questioning the logic of a series about zombies

Anything should go if we allow for that premise, raining toilets? No problem!

Niall_Quinn
02-11-2017, 09:17 AM
You’re questioning the logic of a series about zombies

Anything should go if we allow for that premise, raining toilets? No problem!

What's so odd about zombies? I saw a bunch of them on the tube the other day. They were all being pacified by little glowing claw held boxes though, so they didn't try to eat me.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-11-2017, 09:20 AM
What's so odd about zombies? I saw a bunch of them on the tube the other day. They were all being pacified by little glowing claw held boxes though, so they didn't try to eat me.

Different thing, they don’t sustain themselves off human flesh

They sustain themselves with banality and a solipsistic sense of self importance

Niall_Quinn
02-11-2017, 09:22 AM
Different thing, they don’t sustain themselves off human flesh

They sustain themselves with banality and a solipsistic sense of self importance

We all just assume that stuff in the packs from Tesco is beef.

You don't know. For sure.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
02-11-2017, 09:25 AM
We all just assume that stuff in the packs from Tesco is beef.

You don't know. For sure.

More importantly don’t care, for some individuals it’s probably the best use you’ll get out of them

Niall_Quinn
04-11-2017, 01:12 AM
"Drop your weapons! You are surrounded by armed bastards!"

Life on Mars. Watching it again. Great stuff.

Letters
04-11-2017, 08:11 AM
And this Negan bloke and his invincible army who have every inch of the terrain covered - remember how Rick and the Gang couldn't drive N, E, S or W in their groovy camper van without being tracked? How comes everyone can just walk around the place now without being detected or attacked? Has Negan become complacent, like Wenger?
I'll give them this one because didn't that bloke tip them off about all their lookouts and they took them out in the first episode?

And why didn't they just shoot Negan when he was standing there, in the last episode?
But yes. This. He's just standing there. Shoot him. He's making a long speech, just shoot him now. Why aren't you shooting him? He's literally just standing there. Shoot him in the head right n...oh, he's gone in :doh:

And when did that bloke who got killed and came back to life suddenly become a terminator?
And yes, that was silly. He did have body armour on so he didn't come back to life, that's Jebus you're thinking of.
But how these people from all walks of life suddenly all became like Jack Bauer is a little silly.

Letters
06-11-2017, 07:48 PM
Red Dwarf.

Quite liked the last series, felt like a return to form.
Not impressed by this one. Feels a bit formulaic.

Letters
06-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Man Down

Niece told me about this. Watched most of the first series :lol:
Silly. :d
Rik Mayall :bow: :(

Cripps
06-11-2017, 07:51 PM
Red Dwarf.

This isn't a thread to describe yourself. What was the programme called?

Letters
06-11-2017, 08:06 PM
Hmm. I'm not really red so I'm not sure that works.
Points for effort though

GP
06-11-2017, 08:12 PM
The Good Place

:d really funny

Power n Glory
06-11-2017, 08:13 PM
Red Dwarf.

I've liked this one. But it does feel like the writers providing commentary on recent political issues. Still a return to form though.

Marc Overmars
09-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Blue Planet II. :bow:

Those weird things that live in the deepest parts of the ocean. :bow:

Letters
09-11-2017, 01:38 PM
Blue Planet II. :bow:

Those weird things that live in the deepest parts of the ocean. :bow:

http://newsthump.com/2017/11/09/david-attenborough-just-making-animals-up-now/

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2017, 01:45 PM
I've liked this one. But it does feel like the writers providing commentary on recent political issues. Still a return to form though.

Gave up on Red Dwarf about twenty years ago

In terms of long running comedy series’ it takes its place alongside Last of the Summer Wine and Allo Allo

Not the reputation I’m sure it was looking for when it was being filmed thirty years ago

GP
09-11-2017, 01:58 PM
The last episode I watched, they all went back in time and met Jesus. The whole thing was dreadful.

It's no Mrs Brown's Boys, that's for sure.

Letters
09-11-2017, 02:06 PM
The last series seemed more like the good old days, haven't been impressed by this series though.

Letters
09-11-2017, 02:08 PM
TWD. Hmm. I guess it's leading somewhere, seemed like a bit of a nothing episode again.

Stranger Things continues to impress.

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2017, 03:00 PM
Forgot it was on. So I guess it must be really grabbing my attention.

Letters
09-11-2017, 03:01 PM
Forgot it was on. So I guess it must be really grabbing my attention.

More of the same from the last one really.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-11-2017, 07:30 AM
Walking dead season 8 episode 5.

You bastards! I'm in ruins.

Letters
15-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Walking dead season 8 episode 5.

You bastards! I'm in ruins.

You mean Shiva. I agree.
Still a bit silly how they are all suddenly Jack Bauers but a pretty good episode overall.

Shaqiri Is Boss
15-11-2017, 10:05 PM
Peaky fuckin Blinders :popcorn:

Letters
17-11-2017, 09:03 AM
Stranger Things :bow:

Just finished Episode 8 so nearly there.
Definitely didn't pause the show so I could check whether Bob's "BASIC" was good code
(sort of, although he referenced some functions which he didn't define so loses geek points for that, I guess the show would have dragged a bit had there been an hour of him writing and debugging code)

Niall_Quinn
17-11-2017, 09:16 AM
Stranger Things :bow:

Just finished Episode 8 so nearly there.
Definitely didn't pause the show so I could check whether Bob's "BASIC" was good code
(sort of, although he referenced some functions which he didn't define so loses geek points for that, I guess the show would have dragged a bit had there been an hour of him writing and debugging code)

Really don't get it with that show. It's like a bad version of the already bad Goonies but nobody seems to notice.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
17-11-2017, 09:22 AM
Didn’t appeal to me, looks like a more expensive version of Eerie Indiana

Been watching It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia up to Series ten.

Letters
17-11-2017, 09:57 AM
Really don't get it with that show. It's like a bad version of the already bad Goonies but nobody seems to notice.

I think it helps that I'm the perfect age for the 80s nostalgia.

Letters
17-11-2017, 10:59 AM
Bob's code:

https://i.imgur.com/9EKT5tU.png

Oi, Bob. Where is the "getFourDigits" function?
Or the checkPasswordMatch one?

And rather than all those nested loops what is wrong with:

FOR X = 10000 TO 19999
FourDigitPassword = RIGHT$(STR$(X),4)
NEXT X

:sulk:

GP
17-11-2017, 11:18 AM
Is there anything you can't ruin?

Letters
28-11-2017, 11:41 AM
TWD. Not the foggiest what is going on any more.

Although quite enjoyed The rocket launcher bit. Come on lady, you aren't going to use... :lol: Brilliant last words

Globalgunner
08-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Was watching Celebrity Chase, one of my favourite programmes
Katherine Ryan:Never heard of her before but:drool:
Michelle Dewberry: Not so hot

GP
08-12-2017, 04:39 PM
The Chase is a great gameshow.

Xhaka Can’t
09-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Dunno, the title sounds a bit misogynistic in a rapey sense.

LDG
09-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Dunno, the title sounds a bit misogynistic in a rapey sense.

Her fault for not running faster tbf.

McNamara That Ghost...
12-12-2017, 06:30 AM
Walking Dead Season 8 Episode 8:
Well at least it ends on an uplifting moment. :whistle:

Carl. :haha:

Letters
12-12-2017, 06:54 AM
Innit.

Noooooo!

How did he get bitten? I must have missed that, or was that not shown?

McNamara That Ghost...
12-12-2017, 07:26 AM
Ninja zombies.

You are right though, they didn't bother to show it.

GP
12-12-2017, 07:41 AM
Must have happened when he was saving that one guy in the woods.

CORRRAL!

Letters
12-12-2017, 08:58 AM
Maybe that's why he offered to "do a Jebus" and die for the others. He might have already been bitten

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2017, 12:36 AM
Season 8 is 10 minutes of material strung out into 8 episodes. I haven't seen EVERY show on TV, but it's a safe bet this is now the worst. A show living entirely on past glories. Every 15 second meaningless pause between dialogue. Every teeth grinding, agonisingly drawn out opening sequence, every slow-mo sequence, it's all about the lack of material.

So the great plan was to surround Sanctuary with the zombies everyone now kills instinctively whilst lighting a cigarette? And the genius Eugene, a character so pathetic he's probably saved the TV market single handedly with punched in screen replacements, repairs a stereo and plays a bit of music to save the day? It's just a massive insult to the intelligence of those watching, who admittedly should have more intelligence than to watch this shit. But past glories. That's where the audience is at surely? Having to watch because, you know, we've come this far.

Trash, trash, trash, trash, trash. Of course ANYONE (including Wenger) could conjure up a better plot than the drivel mercilessly served in this season. But you probably have to be a Monday/ Tuesday/ Thursday queer, rest of the week lesbian, child abusing tranny drug addict to get the financing.

Please let them all die in that sewer. It's the only ending that could possibly do this wreck of a show any justice.

Other than that, I thought it was okay.

Letters
13-12-2017, 10:05 AM
Orville :popcorn:

Looking forward to this.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-01-2018, 08:33 PM
Watching fourth series of Black Mirror

The first episode is good
The next two I’ve watched, first one just a bit rubbish

The third one was just unrelentingly bleak which I don’t mind so much, but it just seemed ill fitting

GP
03-01-2018, 08:36 PM
1,4,5 and 6 were the best of the series, IMO.

Letters
03-01-2018, 09:56 PM
Watching fourth series of Black Mirror

The first episode is good
The next two I’ve watched, first one just a bit rubbish

The third one was just unrelentingly bleak which I don’t mind so much, but it just seemed ill fitting

Enjoyed the first one. Second one was OK.

Letters
03-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Orville :popcorn:

Looking forward to this.

I'm really enjoying this. It's a proper sci-fi show with some comedy thrown in.

Letters
03-01-2018, 10:04 PM
Oh, and The League of Gentlemen episodes over Christmas were top, top quality.

Letters
04-01-2018, 09:10 PM

Just watched it and agreed. :ilt:

GP
04-01-2018, 09:38 PM

League of Gentleman always makes me feel so uncomfortable. I suppose that's the point.

Great, though.

Letters
04-01-2018, 10:02 PM
League of Gentleman always makes me feel so uncomfortable. I suppose that's the point.

Great, though.

The original series started out very funny and got darker and turned into more comedy-drama.
The new 3 episodes were a return to how it started out, proper laugh out loud funny.

Would love to go see the live tour.

Globalgunner
06-01-2018, 02:55 PM
Judge Judy...Its brilliant
90% of the human race are lowlifes however......

Cripps
08-01-2018, 11:44 PM
Hunted :bow:

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-01-2018, 07:55 AM

Meh so so

Letters
09-01-2018, 08:49 AM
Hunted :bow:

The grandma waddling down the street :doh:

Xhaka Can’t
09-01-2018, 01:19 PM
We started watching LoG but gave up. It was good in its time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Letters
09-01-2018, 01:34 PM
MrsL's interest was piqued by the new episodes so I've started showing her the originals.
I note that the very first series had a laugh track which slightly annoys me now.

Niall_Quinn
09-01-2018, 03:06 PM
Manhunt: Unabomber on Netflix. Intriguing and nice to have an anti-hero for a change. Comes close on the heels of Wormwood, which I couldn't get into. But the two cases are linked.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-01-2018, 03:11 PM
Manhunt: Unabomber on Netflix. Intriguing and nice to have an anti-hero for a change. Comes close on the heels of Wormwood, which I couldn't get into. But the two cases are linked.

That’s on my to watch list on Netflix

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Watched episode 5 of black mirror

Think it’s probably my favourite one of the series

Letters
11-01-2018, 10:19 PM
Finished watching the first series of The League of Gentleman as MrsL never watched it back in the day.

Then spent 10 minutes patiently explaining how the same 3 actors play most of the characters :doh:

GP
11-01-2018, 10:28 PM
Finished watching the first series of The League of Gentleman as MrsL never watched it back in the day.

Then spent 10 minutes patiently explaining how the same 3 actors play most of the characters :doh:

She is aware of costume and makeup?

LDG
11-01-2018, 10:30 PM
Stranger Things 2 :bow:

Love that programme.

Dunno where they’re gonna take it for 3.....

Letters
11-01-2018, 10:35 PM
She is aware of costume and makeup?

I know :shrug:

She's not the brightest tbh.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
11-01-2018, 11:40 PM
I know :shrug:

She's not the brightest tbh.

You married her chief, in honesty it doesn’t say much for you that you either talk about her like that or married her in the first place (because on the surface it makes it seem like a fear of dying alone decision).

Letters
12-01-2018, 08:48 AM
You married her chief, in honesty it doesn’t say much for you that you either talk about her like that or married her in the first place (because on the surface it makes it seem like a fear of dying alone decision).

It would say more about me had I rejected her because of academic ability.
She's always struggled academically, I knew that when I met her. Tbh I thought that might be a problem between us, but it isn't. Better that than someone who is academically bright but a complete bitch.

If it was just about fear of dying alone then I had other...options which would have been a bloody disaster.

GP
12-01-2018, 08:58 AM
Thai brides :bow:

Letters
12-01-2018, 09:15 AM
Aye. The other option was a bit...penisy.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-01-2018, 09:43 AM
She's always struggled academically, I knew that when I met her. Tbh I thought that might be a problem between us, but it isn't. Better that than someone who is academically bright but a complete bitch.

If it was just about fear of dying alone then I had other...options which would have been a bloody disaster.

A disaster in that they would have outshone you intellectually?

Letters
12-01-2018, 09:44 AM
No.

Niall_Quinn
12-01-2018, 11:36 AM
A disaster in that they would have outshone you intellectually?

No, it was the terrible reputation for puncturing.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-01-2018, 11:55 AM
No, it was the terrible reputation for puncturing.

I imagine you’re never short of duct tape in Letters house

Letters
12-01-2018, 11:58 AM
I've got a lot of ducts which need taping :sulk:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
12-01-2018, 01:16 PM
Oh you are here! Dumbledore was missing you!

McNamara That Ghost...
12-01-2018, 08:27 PM

Mrs 4th. :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
12-01-2018, 08:33 PM
Also, Arya Stark is on Graham Norton Show tonight. :bow:

GP
12-01-2018, 08:34 PM
*googles*

Oh, she's 20 now.

Stick her with the pointy end?

McNamara That Ghost...
12-01-2018, 08:38 PM
Show her the needle.

Letters
14-01-2018, 10:03 PM
Inside Number 9

Man, those guys can write. Just watched the Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room one, amusing at times but also quite sad and sweet.

Letters
17-01-2018, 10:08 PM
1,4,5 and 6 were the best of the series, IMO.

I liked the first and fourth ones a lot.
5 was good but made me want to cut myself. Not seen 6 yet.

Letters
03-02-2018, 09:13 PM
"I'd give this date 10 out of 10. No...not 10 out of 10, I mean 100 out of 100"

:lol:

The Undateables :bow:

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Trevor McDonald's James Bulger programme.

I used to wonder whether you could ever fully blame two children, but after reading what they did that day (not sure if it's local knowledge, hearsay or a mix of both) it's difficult to say whether they ever should have been let out.

Just horrible.

Niall_Quinn
08-02-2018, 09:51 PM
Trevor McDonald's James Bulger programme.

I used to wonder whether you could ever fully blame two children, but after reading what they did that day (not sure if it's local knowledge, hearsay or a mix of both) it's difficult to say whether they ever should have been let out.

Just horrible.

Lefties and other lost causes can't seem to accept there are some individuals who are no good. No good from the day they are born. And no loss if the proper action is taken. That story still haunts me because I place myself in the position of the father. Unknowing, helpless, not there. Through no fault of his own but through 100% the fault of demons. And demons DO exist. I hate leftists because they torture and kill kids. It's them that did this. If demons were exorcised the moment they were discovered then shit like this wouldn't happen. But leftists are evil. They just are. And you can choke at the rationale and wonder what tis has to do with the political spectrum, but I tell you, the attack on decency, morals, standards, the family, law and order, respect, all of it - it's the left. The demons.

Letters
08-02-2018, 10:26 PM
Lefties and other lost causes can't seem to accept there are some individuals who are no good. No good from the day they are born.

That's a pretty bleak way of looking at things. I don't think anyone can be written off from birth.
I was always loathe to write these kids off at such a young age but it does seem increasingly like there's not much hope for the one who has just returned to jail.
I think the other one has kept his nose clean though?

GP
08-02-2018, 10:31 PM
That's a pretty bleak way of looking at things. I don't think anyone can be written off from birth.
I was always loathe to write these kids off at such a young age but it does seem increasingly like there's not much hope for the one who has just returned to jail.
I think the other one has kept his nose clean though?

But what if that (((baby))) is a leftie?

Bin it.

Marc Overmars
08-02-2018, 10:54 PM
I remember the debate on the old GW when one of those scumbags first reoffended. Didn’t he turn out to be a peado?

From birth is a stretch too far but by the age of 10? Pure evil, that’s old enough to know right from wrong.

Globalgunner
09-02-2018, 04:11 PM
Bait Car

An American program where cops drop flash cars like Cadillac Escalades in known gang area with the keys in, doors open and engine running. The cars are fit with cameras and microphones and can be remotely disabled. The silly boyos almost always fall for it and get nabbed.

The concept seems mean to me. Like trowing a side of lamb in a dog pen and arresting the mutts. but is totally hilarious in execution. The excuses these guys...and gals come up with....

Someone should take the Cops to court...."Entrapment your honour.....I was just walking by and they dangled a jeep in front of me".

HCZ
09-02-2018, 04:36 PM
Watching Man Hunt series about the Unabomber

Paul Bettany has done some shit in his time, but he’s still criminally underrated

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2018, 05:14 PM
Watching Homeland on recommendation.

Could somebody please assure me the daughter dies? Surely that whiny, moany bitch kicks the bucket at some point? Soon?

Katee Sackhoff should have been cast in this role. Perfect for her. What a fuck up not to cast her.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2018, 05:16 PM
Also, Brody's wife. She doesn't age, does she? I remember seeing her in series like V. She doesn't look a single day older. Maybe she really is a lizard.

GP
23-03-2018, 05:28 PM
Also, Brody's wife. She doesn't age, does she? I remember seeing her in series like V. She doesn't look a single day older. Maybe she really is a lizard.

She's got great tits.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2018, 05:35 PM
She's got great tits.

And a tail to die for.

LDG
23-03-2018, 06:02 PM
Cryface

Raymond Reddington
27-03-2018, 12:51 PM
I don't really watch tv on tv anymore, so most likely will be a combination of 'Mad Men' (I never watched it originally and working through it all now) and 'The Night Of'.

Xhaka Can’t
28-03-2018, 12:33 AM
I’m working my way through Weeds.

I can’t believe this programme escaped me until recently.

Letters
28-03-2018, 06:59 AM
“The Good Place”

:lol: Funny and quite clever.
Good twist at the end of the first season and the second season is different because of it but they get away with it.
That’s all there is right now, hope they make more.

GP
28-03-2018, 08:24 AM
I forking love The Good Place.

It was created by the same guy as Parks and Rec and Brooklyn Nine Nine, which is also exceptional.

Letters
28-03-2018, 09:19 AM
Second season took a while to get going as they had to spend a couple of episodes establishing the premise, but once it got going it was (almost) as good as the first.

Also. Tahani :loveblush:

GP
28-03-2018, 09:33 AM
Agreed.

I also LOLd when Eleanor called Janet 'Busty Alexa'

Letters
28-03-2018, 09:35 AM
Janet must be all kinds of fun to play.
It's rare a series makes me LOL as much as that one has.

Bell :bow:
Danson :bow:
The others :bow:

LDG
03-04-2018, 08:42 PM
“One Foot In The Grave” on some weird freeview channel :lol:

Fucking brilliant. I miss programmes like this.

GP
03-04-2018, 09:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT6C_VeIlZ4&feature=youtu.be

Globalgunner
04-04-2018, 10:43 AM
Counterpart.
Just watched the 1st 2 episodes of S1
J.K.Simmonds is really impressive in it

GP
10-04-2018, 10:43 PM
Cunk on Britain

"When the Romans left the Britons took back control from the unelected bureaucrats of Rome and immediately entered the dark ages."

Letters
11-04-2018, 02:06 PM
Cunk :bow:
Brooker :bow:

Haven't seen the second one yet.

GP
11-05-2018, 07:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffyKY3Dj5ZE

:haha:

LDG
12-05-2018, 08:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffyKY3Dj5ZE

Brilliant! :haha:

Letters
13-05-2018, 07:11 AM
I should start watching that show. I've heard good things.

Thierrymon
13-05-2018, 09:38 AM
It's pretty great.

Letters
04-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Have started watching Brooklyn 99 now. Very good :d

Also. "Humans". Season 3 is going well.
Gemma Chan :loveblush:

LDG
08-06-2018, 04:57 AM
Have started watching Brooklyn 99 now. Very good :d

:

It’s the best modern sitcom after Parks and Rec to genuinely make me laugh out loud. Every episode has me in stitches.

GP
08-06-2018, 08:26 AM
:gp:

Goonermerree
08-06-2018, 01:58 PM
Did anyone watch Atlanta? I'm watching the episodes back on i player, but I can't always tell what they're saying.

LDG
22-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Ozark :bow:

Letters
23-08-2018, 10:57 AM
Unforgotten :bow:

Loved the first 2 series and am enjoying the third.
It’s a bit of a downgrade from Broadchurch but is still very good.

On to the 3rd season of Brooklyn 99 now. Makes me LOL. A lot.

IBK
23-08-2018, 01:44 PM
Ozark :bow:

This :bow:

Letters
30-09-2018, 03:50 PM
Bojack Horseman

:lol: Watched the first episode. Made me lol

GP
30-09-2018, 04:07 PM
Bojack is fucking great.

Letters
03-10-2018, 09:02 PM
Bojack is fucking great.

“That was, and I don’t say this lightly, worse than one hundred 9/11s”

Marc Overmars
03-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Bojack is indeed brilliant.

GP
04-10-2018, 08:24 AM
“That was, and I don’t say this lightly, worse than one hundred 9/11s”

Was that about Todd's rock opera? :lol:

Letters
04-10-2018, 10:05 AM
Was that about Todd's rock opera? :lol:

Yes :lol: And in the same episode he said something like

"How can I put this? Imagine if the Holocaust happened every four years like the Olympics. I would rather that happen than your rock opera" :haha:

LDG
04-10-2018, 09:01 PM
Ozark just gets darker and darker :lol:

Letters
05-10-2018, 06:33 AM
Ozark just gets darker and darker :lol:

I watched the first episode. It was OK but didn't really make me desperately want to watch the second.
Probably should give it another try as it comes LDG recommended but have a few other things on the boil right now.

Yes, I do mean First Dates Hotel, what of it? :sulk:

GP
05-10-2018, 07:54 AM
Better Call Saul is really good.

Letters
05-10-2018, 07:59 AM
Yes, that's one thing we started to get into but have stopped for now. No particular reason, just been watching other stuff. We will come back to it

Letters
06-10-2018, 09:58 AM
Todd (to the Neo Nazis in prison)
“Sorry I’m late, I didn’t want you to think I’d pulled an Anne Frank on you”

GP
17-10-2018, 02:25 PM
VELVET THUNDER!!

Marc Overmars
17-10-2018, 03:10 PM
Good start to the latest season of The Walking Dead.

Looking forward to seeing how Rick exits. :wave:

GP
17-10-2018, 03:35 PM
Eaten by Zombie Carl.

LDG
17-10-2018, 07:13 PM
VELVET THUNDER!!

Letters
17-10-2018, 07:54 PM
Good start to the latest season of The Walking Dead.

Looking forward to seeing how Rick exits. :wave:

Agreed. Enjoyed the episodes so far

GP
22-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Flintoff :doh:

McGuinness :doh:

Letters
22-10-2018, 02:04 PM
Cry

For part series on BBC1 featuring that one from Dr Who. Was pretty good.

Started Bodyguard too as I'd heard so much about it. First episode was good.

Marc Overmars
27-10-2018, 09:35 AM
https://www.nme.com/news/tv/simpsons-confirm-apu-leave-2394238

Apparently Apu is being written out of The Simpsons.

I don’t watch it anymore but holy hell that is pathetic.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-10-2018, 10:45 AM
People are idiots.

Arrow's opening episode to season 7. :bow:

Vinnie Jones. :wacko:

Cody Rhodes. :blink:

Letters
27-10-2018, 02:15 PM
https://www.nme.com/news/tv/simpsons-confirm-apu-leave-2394238

Apparently Apu is being written out of The Simpsons.

I don’t watch it anymore but holy hell that is pathetic.
Wow. That IS pathetic.
This rest of this lot are next, I guess
http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/The_Stereotypes

McNamara That Ghost...
05-11-2018, 10:03 PM
Walking Dead Season 9 Episode 5.

That was some episode, at least in being busy.

Letters
06-11-2018, 06:57 AM
Good season so far, haven’t seen the latest one yet though.

Marc Overmars
06-11-2018, 09:16 AM
Rick. :wave:

Happy he didn’t die. A bit of a leap though to believe he won’t be doing everything to contact his people from wherever he was flown to though, I can’t imagine he’d just cut all ties.

Apparently there is going to be a movie following his story of what he does next. :popcorn:

GP
06-11-2018, 10:35 AM
Judith. Judith Grimes

:doh:

Letters
06-11-2018, 08:35 PM
Good episode but
I thought the ending was a bit silly. It was a pretty epic way to go out but then completely unrealistic that he’d have survived that injury and the explosion. That said, I quite like the idea of them going off in a helicopter to some as yet unrevealed place. It’s a bit “Lost” but hopefully it’s leading somewhere.

So far a much better season than the previous one.
It’s Emery to last season’s Wenger.

LDG
07-11-2018, 09:17 PM
Little Drummer Girl

Bloody excellent. What a breath of fresh air.

Letters
08-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Bodyguard.

Finally watched it, having heard all the fuss about it. Lived up to my expectations

Master Splinter
08-11-2018, 07:22 PM
Kevin Costner :bow:.

LDG
08-11-2018, 08:13 PM
Bodyguard.

Finally watched it, having heard all the fuss about it. Lived up to my expectations

I must be the only one who thought it was dogshit.

They’re claiminb it’s the series of the decade!! Have a fucking laugh :lol:

dazthegooner
08-11-2018, 08:51 PM
Thought it was ok took me a while to get into it but series of the decade... :blink:

Letters
09-11-2018, 07:47 AM
I've not heard anyone say it's the series of the decade and it definitely isn't that but I enjoyed it. Fairly well written and acted, I thought/

Marc Overmars
09-11-2018, 12:53 PM
Just started watching Black Mirror.

It is little bit exceptional.

Letters
09-11-2018, 01:05 PM
The episodes vary in quality a bit but a lot of them are outstanding.

Letters
12-11-2018, 09:13 PM
Horsin’ Around Christmas Special

“FIRE THAT JEW!”

GP
12-11-2018, 09:28 PM
Horsin’ Around Christmas Special

“FIRE THAT JEW!”

Honestly, I can't say enough about Bojack. Utterly brilliant.

Letters
13-11-2018, 07:46 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46189861

Harry Redknapp on I’m a Celebrity :lol:

Letters
13-11-2018, 07:38 PM
I hope Judith gets eaten by walkers :angry:

Letters
13-11-2018, 08:32 PM
Also, and i don’t think this is a spoiler.
Why is the vicar getting all the pussy now?
:blink:

GP
13-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Chicks dig one eyed priests.

Letters
25-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Clown Dentists :lol:

Bojack :bow:

GP
26-11-2018, 06:59 PM
Jebus

:crying:

Marc Overmars
27-11-2018, 04:50 PM
Jebus

Loved those closing scenes. Very haunting.

Wasn’t sure where they’d take the show after Rick left but so far, so good I reckon.

GP
27-11-2018, 06:14 PM
Yeah it's been alright tbf

Letters
28-11-2018, 04:31 PM
Much better season than the previous one.
Emery to last season’s Wenger, if you will.
Looks like they’re trying to push things on, it had become too samey.
There are too many characters now though, I can’t keep track of half of them any more

Letters
28-11-2018, 04:32 PM
Jebus

I’m sure by the 3rd episode of the next season he’ll rise again

Letters
03-12-2018, 04:43 PM
Harry Redknapp :bow:

There. I said it. He's been hilarious on I'm a Celeb. Actually seems quite nice too.

LDG
03-12-2018, 10:17 PM

There. I said it. He's been hilarious on I'm a Celeb. Actually seems quite nice too.

First Teddy. Now Harry.

Xhaka Can’t
04-12-2018, 08:04 AM
First Teddy. Now Harry.

Mac76
04-12-2018, 08:51 AM

Redkrapp is a dodgy bung-taking c*** and don't forget it

Letters
09-12-2018, 10:32 PM
All Hail King 'Arry :bow:

GP
09-12-2018, 11:18 PM
Is he dead?

Letters
28-12-2018, 08:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va_Y98XYR9w

:popcorn:

Apparently a “choose your own adventure” episode

Letters
28-12-2018, 09:33 PM
“Watched” it tonight, if that’s what you do with it.
Typically brilliant idea from Brooker but our choices led to a somewhat unsatisfying conclusion and I’m not sure I can be arsed starting it again.
Does feel like a step forward for the whole concept of television.

Letters
29-12-2018, 10:44 PM
https://www.tuckersoft.net/ealing20541/history/

One of the games you can actually play on a Spectrum Emulator :wacko:

LDG
04-01-2019, 02:55 PM
Luther has been a bit grim :blink:

dazthegooner
04-01-2019, 06:03 PM
The new season of NCIS on Fox

Marc Overmars
06-01-2019, 10:59 AM
“Watched” it tonight, if that’s what you do with it.
Typically brilliant idea from Brooker but our choices led to a somewhat unsatisfying conclusion and I’m not sure I can be arsed starting it again.
Does feel like a step forward for the whole concept of television.

Yeah, a nice concept but it got a bit frustrating really.

LDG
10-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Been off work all week with some super virus. Bastard thing.

However, have re-watched Prime Suspect when I wasn’t asleep. So fucking good.

Helen Mirren :bow:

GP
10-01-2019, 11:36 AM
I would

Letters
10-01-2019, 12:28 PM
I never saw that one but I can imagine it's good.
I think we finished Bojack Horseman :(
Trawling though Better Call Saul still, slowly. Into Season 3 which is going well.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-01-2019, 08:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA38GCX4Tb0

A little bit excited. :popcorn:

Letters
22-02-2019, 11:19 PM
Russian Doll

:bow:

It’s like a cross between Groundhog Day and...I dunno, something by Charlie Brooker.
Loved it. Kinda felt self contained though so not sure they should make any more.

Letters
27-02-2019, 01:14 PM
New Alan Partridge Series.

Coogan :bow:

Marc Overmars
08-03-2019, 02:37 PM
Leaving Neverland. :sick:

Probably time to stop listening to his music now.

Letters
08-03-2019, 02:59 PM
Probably time to stop listening to his music now.

Why?

I mean, maybe he did, maybe he didn't.
But it's all claim and counter-claim made against someone who can't defend himself. When he was alive and could he wasn't convicted of anything.
Even if he did...well, it's still good music. Does a person's character mean you can't enjoy their work? He's dead anyway, he won't be benefiting.

Letters
08-03-2019, 03:00 PM
Also

Santa Clarita Diet

Very funny show and Drew Barrymore is brilliant in it :d

Marc Overmars
08-03-2019, 03:06 PM
Why?

I mean, maybe he did, maybe he didn't.
But it's all claim and counter-claim made against someone who can't defend himself. When he was alive and could he wasn't convicted of anything.
Even if he did...well, it's still good music. Does a person's character mean you can't enjoy their work? He's dead anyway, he won't be benefiting.

I don't know man. Just makes me feel a bit uneasy.

GP
08-03-2019, 03:37 PM
I threw away my Lostprophets CDs.

Just saying.

Letters
08-03-2019, 03:49 PM
I guess I can kinda see an association which maybe you can't get out of your head.
Although there is a bit of a difference when someone was convicted of something.
Jackson was clearly...abnormal. I like to think he didn't do what these people are claiming, it's not like rumours weren't circulating when he was alive and he was never convicted of anything despite being on trial.
Who knows? I won't go out of my way to not listen to his songs.
I'm not really sure I see the point of retrospectively "cleansing" music, film and TV from anyone who has subsequently been shown to have been up to no good.

GP
08-03-2019, 04:11 PM
You won't be tearing up your Gary Glitter fan club card then?

LDG
08-03-2019, 07:38 PM
I have Rolf’s cartoon club on repeat, me. And Sunday just ain’t right without my Jim’ll Fix It box set.

I mean, Jimmy was dead when he was outed. So not like he’s profiting from my watching old episodes....and he was never convicted either, so fuck it.

Master Splinter
08-03-2019, 07:45 PM
I threw away my Lostprophets CDs.

Just saying.

Why the fuck did you buy their music in the first place?

That's the biggest crime mentioned here.

GP
08-03-2019, 07:57 PM
Why the fuck did you buy their music in the first place?

That's the biggest crime mentioned here.

My nu-metal collection wasn't complete without it.

Master Splinter
08-03-2019, 07:57 PM
I have Rolf’s cartoon club on repeat, me. And Sunday just ain’t right without my Jim’ll Fix It box set.

I mean, Jimmy was dead when he was outed. So not like he’s profiting from my watching old episodes....and he was never convicted either, so fuck it.

Yeah, and Jackson might have been about 50 billion times more successful, hence 50 billion times more powerful and influential within his industry. But that doesn't mean people with that much leverage and clout would ever have a global network constantly working to maintain a public facade. I mean, just look at Weinstein, Spacey and R. Kelly. They haven't been convicted and I don't think there was a fuckton of smoke emanating from their antics going back decades. Definitely not.

Master Splinter
08-03-2019, 08:01 PM
My nu-metal collection wasn't complete without it.

The nu-metal craze was shorter-lived than Lassana Diarra's Arsenal career.

GP
08-03-2019, 08:21 PM
The nu-metal craze was shorter-lived than Lassana Diarra's Arsenal career.

Limp Bizkit never dies.

GP
09-03-2019, 12:36 PM
After Life.

Not bad actually. Way better than that one about the retard.

Letters
09-03-2019, 12:51 PM
After Life.

Ah yes. Need to start watching that.

Letters
09-03-2019, 04:40 PM
After Life.

Seen the first one. Interesting.
Not really a comedy.
Love the cinematography, it’s very well filmed.
Fun fact, Kerry whatsherface, who plays The now deceased wife, is the niece of a lady at my church.