PDA

View Full Version : Super Super Quality Transfer Speculation & Shit

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

LDG
03-02-2012, 04:27 PM
I know this is so soon after the January Transfer thread....but seeing as our cheif scout has said it, thought I'd make a new thread to bung all this guff in.

Giles Grimandi says:

Arsenal are keeping a close eye on Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud, according to club scout Gilles Grimandi.

The 25-year-old Montpellier striker, who has bagged 15 goals in 20 games this season, is one of several possible summer targets being tracked by the Gunners ahead of possible transfer action this summer.

Confirming that Arsene Wenger’s team are monitoring a host of targets in Europe and South America Grimandi told French website Le 10 Sport (http://www.le10sport.com/football/france/ligue1/arsenal-giroud-piste-par-wenger-58058):
“We look at a lot of interesting players, and we are following Giroud.

“We’re following his progress, it’s impossible not to look at the way he’s progressed in the last two years.

“Now we must try to assess the scope for improvement. I think he has the potential for the best clubs in Europe.

“That’s one of the players that we’re currently looking at, but there’s also between 20-30 other players from Europe and South America that we’re keeping an eye on.”

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm beginning to think we only track these players so Arsene can update his stats package. We sure as hell don't buy any of them so there must be some other reason we even bother. Maybe we'd be better off packing in the football and instead build a business providing data to other clubs who are prepared to actually act. We could also do a sideline in clearing snow from pitches using all the hot air our executives generate.

Heard their shit too many times now to ever take it seriously. If you want to know who we'll be signing in the summer then check out the free transfers and find the worst player on the list. That's who'll be coming here, on stupid wages too no doubt.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Summer transfer muppetry time already. :bow:

Marc Overmars
03-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Much worse than Jan. At least we know from the off we won't be signing anyone of note.

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Summer transfer muppetry time already. :bow:

Straight into the old routine. Keep the fans hoping.

Cripps_orig
07-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted his interest in Lille attacker Eden Hazard.

The 21-year-old has caught the eye with his performances in Ligue 1 for the French champions, for whom he has scored 38 times in 174 appearances.

And Wenger confessed he is a keen observer of the Belgian, who has been linked with several of Europe’s top clubs recently.

He told Belgian publication DH: “I really like him [Hazard] and, for several reasons: it's his creative power, his ability to mis-align the opponent, his vision of the game and his consummate skill to address the last pass which make him a very interesting player.”

Hazard has already amassed 25 caps for the Belgian national team and has scored 1 goal for Georges Leekens' side.

Liverpool's Joe Cole, who is currently on loan with the French club, also recently praised team-mate Hazard comparing him to Barcelona's Lionel Messi.

"Hazard is different class. He's still only 21 [sic] and has definitely got another few gears to go up. He's got the same attitude as Rooney at that age. He's fearless," Cole said to talkSPORT.

"He knows how good he is, and that's a positive thing. All the top players have got that belief and a bit of presence and arrogance, and he's like that.

"He's a bit like Messi. There's only one Messi and I don't want to put pressure on the kid, but he's like him - short, squat, powerful legs, great touch, he can finish, he's got everything."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/02/07/2891502/arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger-admits-interest-in-lilles-eden

Unai Tea
07-02-2012, 05:28 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/02/07/2891502/arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger-admits-interest-in-lilles-eden

He's going to want to get paid £200k a week....which means he'll go to Man Shitty or Chelski or Man Utd on the off chance. Even if we stump for the transfer fee and manage to convince the powers that be to pay £100k per week, it probably won't be enough.

And that's a shame.

IBK
07-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Personally, I'd prefer not to hear AW talk about players we'll never get or superstars we almost signed.

Olivier's xmas twist
07-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Carlos Vela has admitted he has had it with Arsenal.

The Mexican forward says he wants to stay at Spanish side Real Sociedad, where he is currently on loan.

Vela said: "I don't want to return to Arsenal. I have asked my agent to negotiate with Arsenal to stay here."

Although Sociedad have financial problems, they are hoping to keep Vela on loan until 2013 and insert a clause allowing them to make the deal permanent.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-Carlos-Vela-does-not-want-return-to-Gunners-hopes-stay-Real-Sociedad-where-on-loan-article862653.html

Cripps_orig
07-02-2012, 11:53 PM
And we have had it with him so win/win

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Arsenal are ready to fight London rivals Chelsea for £30m-rated Lille winger Eden Hazard, 21.
Full story: the Sun

Arsenal are eyeing a move for Daniel Sturridge, 22. The Chelsea hitman is believed to be unhappy with his wide role.
Full story: Daily Mail

Hazard is a Must Get

Sturridge will be even unhappier here

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 12:06 AM
Hazard is a Must Get

Think he'd play more games here then with the chavs Other then RVP he is better than the rest. Can't see chavs selling unless they buy a top striker in the summer though.

Hazard, Time to get TV5 to suck up to his baby cousin anyway he can to get him here tbh.

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Sturridge will be stuck wide here as well and in a shitter team than Chelseas

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Manchester United and Arsenal are ready to go head-to-head for Benfica's midfield enforcer Javi Garcia, according to Spanish newspaper AS.
It has been reported that the Premier League pair have both been keeping tabs on Garcia's progress since leaving Real Madrid for Portugal in 2009.
The former Spain under-21 international was deemed surplus to requirements at the Bernabeu but has flourished since his £5m move to Benfica.
Now United and Arsenal have reportedly stepped up their interest in Garcia as they look to bolster their midfield options.
Sir Alex Ferguson has been so bereft of players in central midfield that he was forced to tempt Paul Scholes to come out retirement.
Arsene Wenger could also be tempted to move for Garcia as he seeks more long-term replacements for Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri, who left in the summer.
It has been suggested that both sides would be willing to pay around £12m for the 24-year-old in the summer but Benfica will hold out for at least £15m.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1529/52/man-united-and-arsenal-set-summer-battle-over-garcia

Looks like we wont get him

Japan Shaking All Over
08-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Hazard is a Must Get

Would love Sturridge, think he is a very good player, tons of potential but Ach is right (:blink:) he would be stuck out on the wing which is why there is talk he isn't the happiest camper at Chelsea.......however would love for us to make room for him

Flavs
08-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Main thing we need to concentrate on in the next transfer window is getting rid of the deadwood who are collecting wages from the club without doing anything other than annoying the shit out of the fans.

Arshavin, Squillachi, Almunia, Vela, Denilson, Bendtner, Mannone, Park plus a shit load of kids and reserves who will never make it and a load of random foriegn kids we "own" but are never at the club like Wellington, Pedro, Martinez and that Bolivian kid who's name i can never remember.

That must be 20-30million pounds of players and about £300k a week easy.

Flavs
08-02-2012, 10:01 AM
I know this is so soon after the January Transfer thread....but seeing as our cheif scout has said it, thought I'd make a new thread to bung all this guff in.

Giles Grimandi says:

No chance, Girard and Nicolin have already said that unless an offer of 25mil Euro's or more comes in he wont be sold. Plus Monty are stioll chasing the league 1 title and pushing onto the champs league so its even more unlikely

I am surprised though that Grimandi doesnt just spend his time at Monty matches, they have a great young team full of "potential" that Wenger would love, french africans most of them as well.

Flavs
08-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Main thing we need to concentrate on in the next transfer window is getting rid of the deadwood who are collecting wages from the club without doing anything other than annoying the shit out of the fans.

Arshavin, Squillachi, Almunia, Vela, Denilson, Bendtner, Mannone, Park plus a shit load of kids and reserves who will never make it and a load of random foriegn kids we "own" but are never at the club like Wellington, Pedro, Martinez and that Bolivian kid who's name i can never remember.

Oh and if Diaby isnt fit by the summer, tragic as it is, we should terminate his contract. Then once all that is done we can get on with Selling van persie to Real Madrid Getting RvP on a new contract

IBK
08-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Oh and if Diaby isnt fit by the summer, tragic as it is, we should terminate his contract. Then once all that is done we can get on with Selling van persie to Real Madrid Getting RvP on a new contract

Can't argue with any of that.

LDG
08-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Yup. Was just thinking the same thing as Falvs.

And corresponds with the chat in the other thread about the wage bill vs league position. If we were to offload at least some of the deadwood, we'd actually be doing a rather handsome job on the salaries front.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 11:45 AM

Don't forget rosicky is on a free in the summer so if he goes that another 60-80K off the wage bill

Syn
08-02-2012, 12:33 PM
The first XI is actually quite strong (though an attacking mid is needed - especially so if Jack is broken). But the first XI never play - and it's not just us, the days of having your first-choice XI which you more or less pick every game are gone for most top clubs. You need a squad of players. You need 18 players roughly on the same level, and an extra 7 who are very capable back-ups. Everyone rotates and you have to rotate. But aside from our starting XI, there is no quality.

Flavs is right that sorting out the wages situation should be a priority. We lost Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy but gaining Arteta, Park, Gervinho, Mertesacker, Santos and Benayoun wasn't cheap in terms of wages. It is silly to keep paying players who never play. I have a lot of sympathy for him but Diaby - why the fuck is he getting paid? Gibbs - why the fuck is he getting paid? Every player has to count. If you're paying them £40k a week, their performances have to be worth £40k a week. If they never play, what's the point? Get rid, free up some cash and find some players that will play. Some mass changes needed.

"Rip everything up and start again" - Syn (02/05/10)

Grebbo
08-02-2012, 01:58 PM
There is not a cat in hell's chance of us buying Hazard.

GP
08-02-2012, 02:01 PM

Nope, the board will never stump up the cash.

Grebbo
08-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Nope, the board will never stump up the cash.

Well to be fair, City and RM have already spoken out about Hazard so if we're competing with them we'd have no chance even with an ambitious board/manager.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 02:13 PM

There's always a chance tbh, its whether you take it.

LDG
08-02-2012, 02:21 PM

By "Hell", do you mean "Anfield"?

Ollie the Optimist
08-02-2012, 03:48 PM
rumours going round that Djourou has signed a contract extension for two years

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 03:51 PM
By rumours, do you mean Twitter?

Dennis Bendtner
08-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Not one of the more interesting rumours. Why only two years, though?

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Not one of the more interesting rumours. Why only two years, though?

Probs getting sold in the summer, so we have to make as much money out of him as we can.

Coney
08-02-2012, 05:39 PM
By "Hell", do you mean "Anfield"?

Fuck - I thought my jokes were shit.....

Marc Overmars
08-02-2012, 05:52 PM
They are.

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Arsenal and Chelsea are chasing Schalke ace Jefferson Farfan and hope to land him on a free transfer in the summer, according to reports in his native Peru.
Peruvian newspaper Trome has claimed that the Premier League pair are highly interested in the 27-year-old winger, who is out of contract at the Bundesliga club in the summer.
It has been suggested that a new deal at Schalke is unlikely because of his wage demands and they are resigned to losing him for nothing.
But Arsenal and Chelsea are not the only clubs interested in the Peru international, with Juventus and Inter Milan also keeping tabs on his situation.
The Russian Premier League might be Schalke's only hope of recouping some of the £8m they paid PSV for his services back in 2008.
The transfer window does not shut until February 24, meaning clubs in Russia could sign him for a fee before the end of the month. Rubin Kazan and Zenit St Petersburg have been linked with Farfan in the past and they could agree a cut-price deal with Schalke.
But if he is still a Schalke player by the summer, the two London clubs could offer him a shot at the Premier League.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1532/39/arsenal-and-chelsea-eyeing-free-transfer-deal-schalke-star

Cripps_orig
08-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Riccardo Montolivo can choose between AC Milan or Juventus when he leaves Fiorentina this summer but he's holding out for a move to the Premier League.The Fiorentina midfielder will not be signing a new contract at the club and has told them he will leave when it expires at the end of the season.
His contract situation has sparked the interest of both Manchester United (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/clubs/t1/manutd) and Arsenal (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/clubs/t3/arsenal) and the Premier League pair would be able to sign him for nothing - bar the signing-on fee - in the summer.
But AC Milan and Juventus are the only clubs to have made enquiries to Fiorentina so far. They approached their Serie A rivals in January regarding a deal then but Fiorentina would not sell, despite knowing they could have got a fee.
The Italian clubs retain an interest in Montolivo and will approach him regarding a deal when the Serie A season is over.
But the 27-year-old, who has spent his entire career in Italy, remains on the radar of United and Arsenal and is said to be keen on a move to England.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1532/71/manchester-united-and-arsenal-target-after-premier-league-move

W (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1532/71/manchester-united-and-arsenal-target-after-premier-league-move)ouldnt call either Montolivo or Farfan super quality but they would be good solid squad players and better than the crap we have now plus they are free

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 07:15 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1532/71/manchester-united-and-arsenal-target-after-premier-league-move

W (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1532/71/manchester-united-and-arsenal-target-after-premier-league-move)ouldnt call either Montolivo or Farfan super quality but they would be good solid squad players and better than the crap we have now plus they are free

Their is quite a lot of decent free tranfers in the summer, these two would be great additions.

Cripps_orig
09-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Arsenal striker Andrey Arshavin, 30, is holding on for a summer move back to former club Zenit St Petersburg rather than move to Anzhi Makhachkala over the next three weeks while the Russian transfer window remains open.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Hope he has a great Euro 2012 and we sell him after that for lots of money

Japan Shaking All Over
09-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Their is quite a lot of decent free tranfers in the summer, these two would be great additions.

I'd go along with that, both would be good additions, Monto joining could spell the end to Benni's days tbf. . .

Here's a question. . .(as much as I would welcome his signing)if Hazard was to go to Citeh and we were still in the market for a winger, wouldnt it be a good idea to try and nab Johnson from them, he is a very good playet who would only get better with regular football, I can imagine deep down he wants to play more and that each addition limits those chances, no if we were to pick up another semi happy pro Sturridge and one of the above. . .Monto would be nice we would have made strides towards sorting out our attacking ops (added to that a fit again Jack)

A lot of dreaming penned in those words but shit silly season allows for that. . .not a bad dream tho! (Alot would depend as Flavs has said on off loading some dross. . , I mean Bedtner, Denilson and Vela have all said they dont want to come back. . .those are three dreams that we could help come true amd at the same time take astep towards making mine a reality)

Cripps_orig
09-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Benayoun isnt ours anyway plus hes shit

Japan Shaking All Over
09-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Benayoun isnt ours anyway plus hes shit

Benayoun isnt ours. . .I know! Whats your point?

LDG
09-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Benayoun isnt ours. . .I know! Whats your point?

Another pointless point that he's pulled out of his arse :rolleyes:

:ninja:

Flavs
09-02-2012, 09:51 AM
I can see us simply offering the "Spaz gang" (as i am going to refer to them henceforth) on free transfers in the summer. Which seems silly really as we should get at least £7mil for Bendtner but we may just be best rid of them. Also Rosicky is gone in the summer.

However...I do wonder if any of the loan players we have out there who have been wise enough to keep their mouths shut will come back and be in the reckoning for the first team squad, Wenger obviously has high hopes for Joel Campbell (Who looks decent when i have seen him) but i do wonder about pedro and Wellington and if we will ever see them in a shirt. Also Frimpong and Windshear will be like 2 new signings and Ryo should get more involved. Can see it being a very quiet summer in the In-Tray at Arsenal tbh

Japan Shaking All Over
09-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Another pointless point that he's pulled out of his arse :rolleyes:

:ninja: that I know too :wink:

Flavs
09-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Bejesus (said paddy)

I have just checked the loans and anyone remember Kyle Bartley??? He will be sold in the summer now that Jo Djo has signed on cant see him wanting to be 5th choice CB.

Also...Lansbury, Miyachi, Campbell, Pedro, Wellington, Galindo, Shea, Watt, Mannone, Murphy and Eastmond from the reserves are all out. Add that to the spaz squad, Almunia, Squillachi, Denilson, Bendtner,and Vela.

Also Henry and Benayoun will go back, Rosicky is out of contract, Diaby will probably never play again and i cant see Park staying here.

We could shift the lot in the summer. Add into that the potential sales of Theo and RvP and if we miss the champs league places a couple of others and we could have some serious space in the summer. I would say looking at it and our league position this summer could be more important than last summer.

server too busy!
09-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Why is it every south american we buy is shit or a trouble maker. I had high hopes for Wellington and Galindo. Sounds like we need a new south american scout.

PGFC
09-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Why is it every south american we buy is shit or a trouble maker. I had high hopes for Wellington and Galindo. Sounds like we need a new south american scout.

Maybe all South Americans are c***s?

Marc Overmars
09-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Bejesus (said paddy)

I have just checked the loans and anyone remember Kyle Bartley??? He will be sold in the summer now that Jo Djo has signed on cant see him wanting to be 5th choice CB.

Also...Lansbury, Miyachi, Campbell, Pedro, Wellington, Galindo, Shea, Watt, Mannone, Murphy and Eastmond from the reserves are all out. Add that to the spaz squad, Almunia, Squillachi, Denilson, Bendtner,and Vela.

Also Henry and Benayoun will go back, Rosicky is out of contract, Diaby will probably never play again and i cant see Park staying here.

We could shift the lot in the summer. Add into that the potential sales of Theo and RvP and if we miss the champs league places a couple of others and we could have some serious space in the summer. I would say looking at it and our league position this summer could be more important than last summer.

Every summer at Arsenal is deemed to be more important than the last. :lol:

LDG
09-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Bejesus (said paddy)

Don't forget, we have also Alex Song who can play there.

Flavs
09-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Why is it every south american we buy is shit or a trouble maker.

What like Gilberto Silva?

Flavs
09-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Every summer at Arsenal is deemed to be more important than the last. :lol:

For the first time i think its true

Fist of Lehmann
09-02-2012, 12:36 PM
I'd go along with that, both would be good additions, Monto joining could spell the end to Benni's days tbf. . .

Here's a question. . .(as much as I would welcome his signing)if Hazard was to go to Citeh and we were still in the market for a winger, wouldnt it be a good idea to try and nab Johnson from them, he is a very good playet who would only get better with regular football, I can imagine deep down he wants to play more and that each addition limits those chances, no if we were to pick up another semi happy pro Sturridge and one of the above. . .Monto would be nice we would have made strides towards sorting out our attacking ops (added to that a fit again Jack)

A lot of dreaming penned in those words but shit silly season allows for that. . .not a bad dream tho! (Alot would depend as Flavs has said on off loading some dross. . , I mean Bedtner, Denilson and Vela have all said they dont want to come back. . .those are three dreams that we could help come true amd at the same time take astep towards making mine a reality)How did it come to this? Dreaming of other people's sloppy seconds.

Hard times.

IBK
09-02-2012, 12:44 PM
...but we're still the 5th richest club in the world on the latest Deloitte's list! :trophy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16951878

Flavs
09-02-2012, 12:51 PM
...but we're still the 5th richest club in the world on the latest Deloitte's list! :trophy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16951878

And no man citeh :pal:

Rich mens playthings :pal:

oh wait...

Fist of Lehmann
09-02-2012, 12:59 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16951878Coming 5th is not a trophy! :sulk:

Marc Overmars
09-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Bayern have signed Shaqiri.

Only 10m apparently.

:rolleyes:

Cripps_orig
09-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Quality player

They've done well

dazthegooner
09-02-2012, 01:23 PM
How can they sign a player now or is it for in the summer? :unsure:

Marc Overmars
09-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Yeah he'll join them in the summer.

Cripps_orig
09-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Basel actually play Bayern in the CL soon

:popcorn:

Japan Shaking All Over
09-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Bejesus (said paddy)

Or we could just shut up shop. . . .and concentrate on the ladies team. . .Nic might get a game!

server too busy!
09-02-2012, 03:00 PM
What happened to us, back in the day we would be the ones signing people like Shaquiri and Cisse (Newcastle one). Decent players with proven quality. Instead we go for completely off the radar players that have never achieved very much. You can't even blame the price tag as they were both only £10m.

FFS sort it out Arsenal as Pardew is now taking our approach and its working. Fucking Pardew of all people.

DJ Philosophe
09-02-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm sure it's been said, but it aggravates me to no end that we couldn't sign Taiwo from Milan on loan but QPR can?!?! Really?!?! Even if he couldn't play in the CL for us, I still rate him higher than Gibbs and Santos. Basically like the last post just said we go for "off the radar" players and it is failing quite miserably. Most of the time there is a reason they are off the radar...

Cripps_orig
10-02-2012, 12:18 AM
Spanish giants Real Madrid are ready to make the first move for Arsenal captain Robin van Persie.

If he is going to leave this summer then this would be best cos we are guaranteed £30m+ from Real unless Wenger goes to the board again and tells them to lower the price :rolleyes:

fakeyank
10-02-2012, 02:11 AM
If he is going to leave this summer then this would be best cos we are guaranteed £30m+ from Real unless Wenger goes to the board again and tells them to lower the price :rolleyes:

Doesnt matter really.. we are not going to re-invest that money into the team anyway. 50 million or 5 pence is the same for us supporters.

Cripps_orig
11-02-2012, 12:06 AM
North London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham are set to fight it out for Ajax's Belgian defender Jan Vertonghen, 24, in the summer.
Full story: Metro

Arsenal are considering re-signing their former midfielder Mathieu Flamini from AC Milan. The Frenchman, 27, could be available on a free transfer from the San Siro.
Full story: Caught Offside

Yes to both

Olivier's xmas twist
11-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Yes to both

Id take The Belgian, not sure we need Flamini tbh

GP
11-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Flamini can go fuck himself with a rusty bayonette

Ollie the Optimist
11-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Yes to both

we have no need for flamini, song is better then him and coqulain is a very able replacement, just look at how he did in the united and scum games. thrown in at the deep and us probably our best player in the two games. look very good whenever he plays, next gilberto imo and no higher praise then that

Cripps_orig
11-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Not sure how Flamini is anymore. He was excellent in his last season here and pretty good back up previously.

No idea how hes done in Italy though

The Belgian is a Must Get though

Japan Shaking All Over
11-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Not sure how Flamini is anymore. He was excellent in his last season here and pretty good back up previously.

No idea how hes done in Italy though

The Belgian is a Must Get though

Would take Vertongen but we would be overloaded witg CBs then so we would need to cut DJ, to be honest Ilike the look of Miquel but not sure how long it would be before he staryed pining for homemade paella!

Flams not sure on this, not doing too much at Milan so sounds like a sentimental return story and I dont think we need any more of those. . .cant believe hes only 27

Cripps_orig
11-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Good age and not too late to realise he fucked up by leaving us ala Hleb.

Where is Hleb anyway?

fakeyank
11-02-2012, 04:34 AM
Yes to both

Flamini JW n song would be an awesome engine in the middle of the park.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Flams not sure on this, not doing too much at Milan so sounds like a sentimental return story and I dont think we need any more of those. . .cant believe hes only 27

Feck this ****, If he wanted to be at the club he'd have signed a deal and stayed. Like you say he has not done much in milan, Rather put Coq in n'villa in the middle for us.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Flamini JW n song would be an awesome engine in the middle of the park.

Coq is much better then flams

Marc Overmars
11-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Flamini can do one.

fakeyank
11-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Coq is much better then flams

Flaminis last season with us was immense. Cock has done nothing to prove he is as good as that... He has the potential to be great though..

Özim
11-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Flamini can do one.
One season wonder.

Cripps_orig
11-02-2012, 03:49 PM
One season wonder.05/06 and 07/08 and a decent squad member in the other seasons would suggest hes more than that tbh

-Xs-
11-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Buy him, then sell him, coz he's shit

Cripps_orig
12-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has attacked the "creative" Spanish media linking talisman Robin van Persie with a move to Real Madrid.
Full story: Independent on Sunday

Blame Barca

Olivier's xmas twist
12-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Blame Barca

What's it got to do with Barca, if real want him.

Cripps_orig
12-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Montpellier have reportedly increased Olivier Giroud's buy-out clause to €16 million (£13.4 million) in a bid to avoid losing the forward on the cheap in the summer.

The France international was heavily linked with a move to Newcastle during the January transfer window but no official approach was made to the Ligue 1 leaders, while Arsenal are also believed to be monitoring his situation closely.

The Toon have since purchased Senegalese striker Papiss Demba Cisse from Freiburg, leaving the Gunners as Giroud's likeliest suitors should a move to the Premier League be his preferred choice.

Montpellier, though, are bracing themselves for concrete offers in the summer and, according to France Football, have now decided to raise Giroud's buy-out clause, which had previously stood at €10m (£8.4m).

The club's president, Louis Nicollin, had previously stated that he would not allow the player, who is under contract until 2014, to leave for anything less than €50m (£42m).

Giroud, who has been capped twice by his country, has hit 16 goals in 22 games for Montpellier in Ligue 1 so far this season.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3274/ligue-1/2012/02/12/2901485/montpellier-slap-134m-price-tag-on-arsenal-target-olivier-giroud-

Olivier's xmas twist
13-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Sunderland striker Stephane Sessegnon, 27, has played down interest from Arsenal and hinted he may return to his former club Paris Saint-Germain in the future.

Full story: Talksport

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

Cripps_orig
13-02-2012, 02:25 AM
ARSENAL manager Arsene Wenger is set to raid Ipswich for starlet Carel Tiofack.

Wenger personally watched the Cameroon-born Irish forward, 17, during a recent youth team match.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4124885/Arsenal-ready-to-swoop-for-Carel-Tiofack.html

We have expanded our market from French African Pub Teamers to Irish African Pub Teamers :bow:

Master Splinter
13-02-2012, 03:21 AM
The brilliant thing is you posted the entire article with those two sentences.

Quality journalism :bow:.

Cripps_orig
14-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Lille winger Eden Hazard, 21, has decided to join Tottenham at the end of the season, turning his back on interest from Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea. However, a fee has yet to be agreed between Spurs and the French side.
Full story: France Football (in French)

Hazard has refused to be drawn on reports linking him with a move to White Hart Lane. "Maybe it will be Tottenham," he said of his summer destination.
Hazard has been linked with a host of Premier League sides
Full story: RTBF (in French)

Arsenal have Benfica striker Rodrigo lined up as a possible replacement should Robin van Persie leave The Emirates Stadium. The 20-year-old had a loan spell at Bolton last season.

Udinese are preparing to cash in on highly-rated goalkeeper Samir Handanovic. The 27-year-old Slovenia international was a target for Manchester United before they opted to sign David De Gea in the summer.
Full story: talkSPORT

FFS Hazard

Rodrigo was fucking awful at Bolton. Fuck that

Handanovic is a Must Get

Olivier's xmas twist
14-02-2012, 12:50 AM
FFS Hazard

Handanovic is a Must Get

I highly doubt he'd choose spuds over the mancs or chavs or city tbh, spuds can't afford his wages that city will give him. IMO he will go to real anyway.

Seems to me his agent is fising around for a good deal

Cripps_orig
14-02-2012, 06:21 AM
He said he wants to come England as he doesn't think he'll make the first team of Real or the ****s and as they are the only 2 who are likely to win the league, he wouldn't want to go anywhere else in Spain so England it is.

server too busy!
14-02-2012, 08:57 AM
If Hazard goes to spuds we're screwed. Where do they get all their money from? I hope the big teams start fishing around their star players.

Flavs
14-02-2012, 09:02 AM
If Hazard goes to spuds we're screwed. Where do they get all their money from? I hope the big teams start fishing around their star players.

He wont get in their team as it stands

selassie
14-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Hazard would never come here anyway, we don't compete in the market for players like him, too expensive, too high profile. If he joins the Spuds it will be a further nail in the coffin IMHO, just shows the difference in ambition between the two clubs.

Flavs
14-02-2012, 09:20 AM
seems a hard conversation for his agent to have tbh. Reet Eden old son, we have offers from Real Madrid, Barcelona, Internazionale, Juventus, man Citeh, Man Utd and Spurs.

I would recommend you go to Spurs as its not every day you get to play with the likes of Tom Huddlestone and David Bentley

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 09:43 AM
FFS Hazard

Handanovic is a Must Get

Hazard said "maybe I will go to Tottenham", not that he will. Anyway, there isn't a chance in hell the Spuds could get him without selling players at the same time.

Grebbo
14-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Wenger wouldn't sign Hazard anyway. Remember how he said he didn't sign Modric because he thought he was too small?? Look how that one turned out.

Fist of Lehmann
14-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Wenger wouldn't sign Hazard anyway. Remember how he said he didn't sign Modric because he thought he was too small?? Look how that one turned out.Are you sure? It's not as if Wenger has ever shied away from tiny players. He's no Mons Pubis in that regard.

I do remember him saying that we already had Fabregas in that position at the time.

Grebbo
14-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Are you sure? It's not as if Wenger has ever shied away from tiny players. He's no Mons Pubis in that regard.

I do remember him saying that we already had Fabregas in that position at the time.

Maybe it's just a myth, I'm having trouble finding quotes. Having Fabregas was no excuse - Fabregas was always going to leave at some point.

McNamara That Ghost...
14-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Maybe it's just a myth, I'm having trouble finding quotes. Having Fabregas was no excuse - Fabregas was always going to leave at some point.

And we'd probably have sold Modric by now, too.

Coney
14-02-2012, 12:55 PM

Every player leaves at some point.

Fist of Lehmann
14-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Maybe it's just a myth, I'm having trouble finding quotes. Having Fabregas was no excuse - Fabregas was always going to leave at some point.Modric signed in 2008. At that point Fabregas wouldn't leave for another three years.

Dennis Bendtner
14-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Many teams will have an interest in Hazard. I can't imagine Spurs could win out on the wages front.

Grebbo
14-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Modric signed in 2008. At that point Fabregas wouldn't leave for another three years.

Sure but he'd still have got plenty of games and would just be reaching his prime. Fabregas hardly played for one of those three years as well.

Anyway there's always players that slip through the net - it just seems Wenger's net has been very slippery these past few years.

GP
14-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Modric is fucking ugly.

Fist of Lehmann
14-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Sure but he'd still have got plenty of games and would just be reaching his prime. Fabregas hardly played for one of those three years as well.

Anyway there's always players that slip through the net - it just seems Wenger's net has been very slippery these past few years.Fabregas was absolutely pivotal to the way we used to play, arguably the whole team was built around him. You only have to look at this season to know that losing him was always going to be a watershed, a seismic shift in our play-style.

So why would you expend funds (£16.5M - more than we have paid for anyone) buying someone in the same position as the first guy on the teamsheet, your critical lynchpin and captain, when you have far more pressing weaknesses in other areas of the squad? You just wouldn't.

Grebbo
14-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Fabregas was absolutely pivotal to the way we used to play, arguably the whole team was built around him. You only have to look at this season to know that losing him was always going to be a watershed, a seismic shift in our play-style.

So why would you expend funds (£16.5M - more than we have paid for anyone) buying someone in the same position as the first guy on the teamsheet, your critical lynchpin and captain, when you have far more pressing weaknesses in other areas of the squad? You just wouldn't.

Well you could argue that he didn't fix the problem areas either in 2008 and if Fabregas was that pivotal then we shouldn't have sold him - we didn't need to and no big club would have done.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Well you could argue that he didn't fix the problem areas either in 2008 and if Fabregas was that pivotal then we shouldn't have sold him - we didn't need to and no big club would have done.

He wanted to go, once he wanted to go he'd never have been the same player had we kept him, not much could be done about that. As for the Modric thing, we never needed him, like UTD or Chavs or City thats why none went in for him at the time not just us. Same with Hazard. Were nto the only club to want him, Both mancs do and chavs heck even real and Barca want him, if he goes to spurs says more about them then us.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Hazard would never come here anyway, we don't compete in the market for players like him, too expensive, too high profile. If he joins the Spuds it will be a further nail in the coffin IMHO, just shows the difference in ambition between the two clubs.

So what does it mean for both mancs and chavs and barca and real and liverpool and inter and Milan who all want him them, does it make spurs better them then.

Spurs are the team right now everyone is banging on about, arry is the man of the moment so of course they will be linked with good players now don't mean nout if they don't sign them. Im sure in a month Hazard will tell us he wants to play for pool. as it was only a month ago he wanted to go to chavs.

Japan Shaking All Over
14-02-2012, 03:39 PM
So what does it mean for both mancs and chavs and barca and real and liverpool and inter and Milan who all want him them, does it make spurs better them then.

Spurs are the team right now everyone is banging on about, arry is the man of the moment so of course they will be linked with good players now don't mean nout if they don't sign them. Im sure in a month Hazard will tell us he wants to play for pool. as it was only a month ago he wanted to go to chavs.

Then we can look forward to signing hom on loan from some Mexican pub team in 20 years time. . . .Wenger knows :bow:

Globalgunner
14-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Modric is fucking ugly.

He looks like an dowdy girl,,,,,,,a really plain jane

GP
14-02-2012, 04:46 PM
He looks like an dowdy girl,,,,,,,a really plain jane

Yeah, I wouldn't fuck him

Syn
14-02-2012, 05:24 PM
So this is the player you guys want Arsenal to sign?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLtMdA4SWvQ&feature=player_embedded

The thing I like about him is that he doesn't seem like a disrespectful **** at all.

Xhaka Can’t
14-02-2012, 05:32 PM
What.

A.

Dickhead.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Yep rather we got Gotze anyway

Özim
14-02-2012, 08:38 PM
With Wenger in charge no top notch player is going to want to come, they've seen what he's achieved and done in the last 6 years and our collapses are a common reason of ridicule around Europe.

You'd have to be a fool to come here with AW here IMO, the guy is a joke and has got nothing going for him these days.

That's the trouble with constant failure and selling your best players, it makes you an unarttractive proposition for top players.

Özim
14-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Yep rather we got Gotze anyway
Dream on that isn't going to happen either, not in a month of Sundays, at best it'll be some mickey mouse unknown from France.

LDG
14-02-2012, 08:41 PM
With Wenger in charge no top notch player is going to want to come, they've seen what he's achieved and done in the last 6 years and our collapses are a common reason of ridicule around Europe.

You'd have to be a fool to come here with AW here IMO, the guy is a joke and has got nothing going for him these days.

That's the trouble with constant failure and selling your best players, it makes you an unarttractive proposition for top players.

:gp:

What a refreshing viewpoint.

Özim
14-02-2012, 08:42 PM

Thanks but what would really be refreshing is if the f*cker finally left.

LDG
14-02-2012, 08:45 PM
When was that Hazard thing done?

What a fucktard.

On that evidence, I hope Spurs get the ****.

milla
14-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Thanks but what would really be refreshing is if the f*cker finally left.

It's a bit like waiting for Lettuce to quit modding or LDG to lose some weight. :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
14-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Dream on that isn't going to happen either, not in a month of Sundays, at best it'll be some mickey mouse unknown from France.

Read my post again before posting nonsense, i never said he would come, i said id rather him to Hazard two diffrent things.

Olivier's xmas twist
14-02-2012, 08:50 PM

:lol:

Özim
14-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Read my post again before posting nonsense, i never said he would come, i said id rather him to Hazard two diffrent things.
I'd rather we got Messi then, why stop at Goetze.

And yeah, the post above is nonsense as you can see.

Letters
14-02-2012, 08:54 PM

https://whyweprotest.net/asset-proxy/abbbb1154889281100560fecea2f79d78cc4c211/687474703a2f2f63646e2e7374796c65666f72756d2e6e6574 2f342f34612f34616439306230385f4e6f742d737572652d69 662d736572696f7573322e6a706567/http://cdn.styleforum.net/4/4a/4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg

Cripps_orig
14-02-2012, 08:56 PM

And yeah, the post above is nonsense as you can see.Fuck that

If we are going for players out of our reach then lets go for the best player in the world instead

Özim
14-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Fuck that

If we are going for players out of our reach then lets go for the best player in the world instead
Let's get them both, why stop at one :lol:

Letters
14-02-2012, 08:58 PM

I thought Denilson was only out on loan? :unsure:

Olivier's xmas twist
14-02-2012, 08:59 PM

And yeah, the post above is nonsense as you can see.#

Because Gotze is a more realistic then Messi thats why. And why would you even want that dirty cheating **** Messi anyway.

Cripps_orig
14-02-2012, 09:03 PM
#

Because Gotze is a more realistic then Messi thats why. And why would you even want that dirty cheating **** Messi anyway.Hes the 2nd best player in the world....

GP
14-02-2012, 09:04 PM
https://whyweprotest.net/asset-proxy/abbbb1154889281100560fecea2f79d78cc4c211/687474703a2f2f63646e2e7374796c65666f72756d2e6e6574 2f342f34612f34616439306230385f4e6f742d737572652d69 662d736572696f7573322e6a706567/http://cdn.styleforum.net/4/4a/4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg

http://c.images.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/14592346.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
14-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Hes the 2nd best player in the world....

which one

Cripps_orig
14-02-2012, 09:09 PM
which oneEarth....

Olivier's xmas twist
14-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Earth....

No whos the 2nd best player in the world.

Master Splinter
14-02-2012, 09:16 PM
No whos the 2nd best player in the world.

Theo.

milla
14-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Theo.

Bullshit! Denilson is better. :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
14-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Bullshit! Denilson is better. :coffee:

Nah Diaby is miles better tbh

Özim
14-02-2012, 10:04 PM
#

Because Gotze is a more realistic then Messi thats why. And why would you even want that dirty cheating **** Messi anyway.
and I said dream on we're not getting him realistically.

Letters
14-02-2012, 10:07 PM
http://c.images.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/14592346.jpg

:d

LDG
14-02-2012, 10:11 PM

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn117/luvmegooners/th_Panda.jpg

Olivier's xmas twist
14-02-2012, 10:31 PM
and I said dream on we're not getting him realistically.

fair play

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Lille's Belgian midfielder Eden Hazard, 21, has encouraged Real Madrid and Barcelona to act quickly if they want to stop him making a shock switch to Tottenham.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/890274-eden-hazard-talks-up-tottenham-move-but-encourages-barcelona-or-real-bid#ixzz1mO5YZUJs

fakeyank
15-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Looks like we are trying to sign Neymar and Ledley King this summer :lol:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7521554/Neymar-Ledley-King-Summer-Transfer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

Cripps_orig
15-02-2012, 12:16 AM
French side Montpellier slap a massive £16m price tag on 25-year-old striker Olivier Giroud, who is an Arsenal target.

No thanks

selassie
15-02-2012, 09:03 AM

Of course Spurs aren't better than all those sides. The point I was trying to make is that we simply don't compete in the market for elite talent.

I do agree that Hazard whores himself around a lot and don't necessarily believe these latest rumours but I do think it brings up a point about the way we move in the market.

I personally think that Spurs have more of a chance of landing him than we do, even prior to this season they have shown more ambition in the market than us.

LDG
15-02-2012, 09:10 AM
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/890274-eden-hazard-talks-up-tottenham-move-but-encourages-barcelona-or-real-bid#ixzz1mO5YZUJs

Sounds like an absolute twat.

Letters
15-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Sounds like an absolute twat.

He'll fit right in then.

LDG
15-02-2012, 09:14 AM
He'll fit right in then.

Tbh, I quite like our bunch at the moment. Doesn't seem to be anyone whoring around, or causing unsettlement.

Letters
15-02-2012, 09:25 AM
I think I just hate most modern footballers by default although this lot don't seem too bad overall.

Coney
15-02-2012, 12:37 PM

Hazard previously eluded that he will play in the Premier League next season

Reporters ability to write in English. :rose:

Ollie the Optimist
15-02-2012, 01:02 PM
hazard seems like a waste of time, always wanting a bigger club then where he is at. just listen to him right now whoring himself out. if we dont get him then not to fussed. talented player but ego seems to be going to his head. could do more harm then good

Ollie the Optimist
15-02-2012, 01:05 PM
tell you one player who i would love to comeback and one that would do a great job is eddy, proven finisher, the amount of chances we create, he will score plenty. seems to have gotten over his injury. would love us to get him back

GP
15-02-2012, 01:14 PM
tell you one player who i would love to comeback and one that would do a great job is eddy, proven finisher, the amount of chances we create, he will score plenty. seems to have gotten over his injury. would love us to get him back

McGoldrick?

Olivier's xmas twist
15-02-2012, 01:50 PM
hazard seems like a waste of time, always wanting a bigger club then where he is at. just listen to him right now whoring himself out. if we dont get him then not to fussed. talented player but ego seems to be going to his head. could do more harm then good

"Spain is perhaps the best place for my style of play, but I think that you have to be at either Barca or Real Madrid to win titles there," Hazard added. "It is harder to play at a big club at my age."

Seems like he is trying to get himself a deal to the big clubs with all this i wanna go spurs stuff.

LDG
15-02-2012, 02:09 PM
McGoldrick?

Snowy :bow:

"The lads at training nick-named me Snowy because I settled so fast"

Lol.

He was shit.

Japan Shaking All Over
15-02-2012, 03:18 PM
McGoldrick?

Izzard?

Hazard has wanna way written all over him, would join and no doubt a flood of rumours from the following summer wouls start about how much Barca are after him, and how he wants to move to a more ambitious club. . .Nasbo's dyke fancy woman?

Xhaka Can’t
15-02-2012, 03:28 PM
McGoldrick?

We were crazy to let him go after that performance against Liege.

LDG
15-02-2012, 03:34 PM
We were crazy to let him go after that performance against Liege.

He single-handedly got us those one seven goals :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Zambia striker Emmanuel Mayuka, 21, is being targeted by a number of Premier League sides, with Arsenal, Newcastle and Fulham all monitoring his progress.

:haha: Oh how the Mighty have Fallen.

Letters
16-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Zambia! :lol:

:doh:

GP
16-02-2012, 10:03 AM
You mean the African champions?

Letters
16-02-2012, 10:07 AM
O RLY?

Hmm.

Coney
16-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Zambia striker Emmanuel Mayuka, 21, is being targeted by a number of Premier League sides, with Arsenal, Newcastle and Fulham all monitoring his progress.

:haha: Oh how the Mighty have Fallen.

Yeah - Fulham used to be decent.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Mario Gotze's agent Dirk Hebel claims he has had contact with Manchester United and Juventus over the highly-rated Borussia Dortmund midfielder.

The 19-year-old is one of the hottest young properties in Europe having shone for Dortmund since breaking into the first team in 2009.

Gotze, already capped 12 times for Germany, is expected to play an integral role in his country's Euro 2012 campaign this summer.

His agent, Dirk Hebel, claims several of Europe's top clubs are chasing the attacking midfielder, who has not featured for Dortmund since December 11th due to a groin injury.

Hebel named United and Juve as two suitors who have been in touch over Gotze but insists the Bundesliga club will not let him leave for less than €40million (£33m).
Interest

The agent told calciomercato.com: "I think in Europe all the top clubs are interested in Mario.

"I can confirm that I have had contact with Juventus and Manchester United, but not only them.

"I don't know if he'll go away after this season, you should ask Borussia. But I think that they will not let him leave for less than 40million euros.

"He still is very happy at Dortmund, though now he is injured."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7524856/Agent-United-chasing-Gotze

Cripps_orig
16-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Lille star Eden Hazard has set his sights on a summer move to Arsenal, just days after he publicly declared an interest in signing for their nearest rivals, Tottenham.

Arsenal, fresh from a 4-0 humbling in the Champions League against AC Milan, are in dire need of someone of Hazard's undoubted talents, and the Lille star has spoken in glowing terms of the north London club.

"Of course. It's always more fun when it's beautiful [the football]. In addition, at Arsenal, there is a coach and French players. And Thomas Vermaelen," Hazard told Sport Foot Magazine.

"There are several clubs that interest me in England and Arsenal is really a part."

The 21-year-old starlet has been linked with a host of top clubs throughout the campaign, but expressed his eagerness for a move to the Premier League specifically.

"That's the championship where I think I can express myself better. Where I can learn more, too," Hazard continued.

"[It's] difficult to explain why. [It's a] question of feeling. The level of the matches, the atmosphere in the stadiums,

"This is still well above anything I've experienced so far in France and that attracts me. And I know many people in England. This is another added attraction."

Real Madrid and Barcelona have been heavily linked with a summer move for Hazard, but the player is keen to play down such rumours.

"I'm obviously not against the idea," he added.

"Who does not dream of Real Madrid? Or FC Barcelona? But I am convinced that, for now at least, the ideal for me would be England,

"I am lucid enough to realize that being holder in one of two Spanish grandees, at my age it would be complicated."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/02/16/2909127/lilles-eden-hazard-would-be-interested-in-arsenal-move-they-have-

Make it happen

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 10:01 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/02/16/2909127/lilles-eden-hazard-would-be-interested-in-arsenal-move-they-have-

Make it happen

He we go,

Cripps_orig
16-02-2012, 10:02 PM
He we go,What?

Coney
16-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Lille star Eden Hazard has set his sights on a summer move to Leyton Orient, just days after he publicly declared an interest in signing for their nearest rivals, Arsenal

http://www.dailycrap.com/sport/somebollocks

Not going to happen after all.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-02-2012, 10:09 PM
What?

Seems to me like Lazy Journolism tbh, im sure he'll be linked with chelsea on monday.

Xhaka Can’t
16-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Lille star Eden Hazard has set his sights on a summer move to Arsenal, just days after he publicly declared an interest in signing for their nearest rivals, Tottenham.

Arsenal, fresh from a 4-0 humbling in the Champions League against AC Milan, are in dire need of someone of Hazard's undoubted talents, and the Lille star has spoken in glowing terms of the north London club.

"Of course. It's always more fun when it's beautiful [the football]. In addition, at Arsenal, there is a coach and French players. And Thomas Vermaelen," Hazard told Sport Foot Magazine.

"There are several clubs that interest me in England and Arsenal is really a part."

The 21-year-old starlet has been linked with a host of top clubs throughout the campaign, but expressed his eagerness for a move to the Premier League specifically.

"That's the championship where I think I can express myself better. Where I can learn more, too," Hazard continued.

"[It's] difficult to explain why. [It's a] question of feeling. The level of the matches, the atmosphere in the stadiums,

"This is still well above anything I've experienced so far in France and that attracts me. And I know many people in England. This is another added attraction."

Real Madrid and Barcelona have been heavily linked with a summer move for Hazard, but the player is keen to play down such rumours.

"I'm obviously not against the idea," he added.

"Who does not dream of Real Madrid? Or FC Barcelona? But I am convinced that, for now at least, the ideal for me would be England,

"I am lucid enough to realize that being holder in one of two Spanish grandees, at my age it would be complicated."

And so it begins. :rolleyes:

GP
16-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Not interested in this ****.

Coney
16-02-2012, 11:07 PM

Disgusting the way **** is treated on GW.

Cripps_orig
16-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Seems to me like Lazy Journolism tbh, im sure he'll be linked with chelsea on monday.They just put down what he said. How is that lazy? :unsure:

Lazy posting from you, just blaming it on lazy journalism when all else fails

Olivier's xmas twist
17-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Arsene Wenger is running out of patience with Theo Walcott and could sell the England forward in a summer clear-out.

Arsenal’s humiliating 4-0 defeat by AC Milan on Wednesday night will have far-reaching consequences as the Gunners manager prepares to wield the axe, with Walcott the highest-profile player on his radar.

Wenger launched a furious tirade at his players during a team meeting at the club’s London Colney training ground on Thursday, warning them that he will not tolerate any more performances like the debacle in Milan.

That embarrassing defeat has also put skipper Robin van Persie a step closer to leaving the club as Arsenal sources told Sportsmail that a number of players are now fighting for their futures.

As former Gunners midfielder Emmanuel Petit claimed Walcott and other young players have not repaid Wenger’s faith in them, the manager has decided enough is enough and will ship out players who have underachieved.

Petit was scathing of Arsenal’s performance, telling French website sofoot.com: ‘In midfield there isn’t anything now, the defence is constantly under construction.

‘Certain young players haven’t done enough to justify the confidence that Arsene has in them.

‘Walcott — somehow he’s going to have to reach the next stage. It’s been years that he’s been at the same level.’

Walcott was substituted at half-time and the arrival of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has cast doubt on whether the England winger is worth a starting place.

Andrey Arshavin, Marouane Chamakh, Sebastien Squillaci, Tomas Rosicky and Park Ju-young are all likely to leave and Van Persie, whose deal expires at the end of next season, has yet to sign a new contract.

He cut a forlorn figure at the San Siro as the enormity of the defeat sunk in. Mario Gotze, Lukas Podolski and Eden Hazard are all on Wenger’s shopping list but Van Persie doubts he can sign them

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2102267/Theo-Walcott-faces-chop-mass-Arsenal-clear-Robin-van-Persie-wavers-new-deal.html#ixzz1mapLI9kb

:wave: Theo

Cripps_orig
17-02-2012, 12:09 AM
He cut a forlorn figure at the San Siro as the enormity of the defeat sunk in. Mario Gotze, Lukas Podolski and Eden Hazard are all on Wenger’s shopping list but Van Persie doubts he can sign them

So do most of us

Xhaka Can’t
17-02-2012, 12:26 AM
The more I read of Petit's interview, the more I read it as being a defence of Wenger.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Former players like Petit, will never Critisize Wenger they have too much repspect for him. Palour talks him up on Talk sport all the time, blames the board more or less.

LDG
17-02-2012, 06:36 AM

Too fucking right. This is the biggest whoring I've seen since adegoatwhore. What a twat.

Coney
17-02-2012, 12:54 PM
adegoatwhore

:lol: I'll nick that.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Former Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Petit says even the signing of 21-year-old Belgian midfielder Eden Hazard could not save the Gunners from their current poor form.

Full Story: Metro

Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has backed calls from Gunners legend Denis Bergkamp for the club to sign stronger players.

Full Story: The Sun

Japan Shaking All Over
18-02-2012, 12:49 AM
Legend status means nothing round here. . .Join the back of the queue DB and RvP. . .

Master Splinter
18-02-2012, 09:08 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7529106/RVP-urged-to-quit-Arsenal

Zlatan gets the ball rolling.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-02-2012, 10:01 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7529106/RVP-urged-to-quit-Arsenal

Zlatan gets the ball rolling.

Can see what he is saying, but he really needs to worry about his own teammates and not other players tbh.

Özim
18-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Can see what he is saying, but he really needs to worry about his own teammates and not other players tbh.
Doesn't really need to, they are top of the league and have just thrashed us 4-0, not too much to worry about there.

He's right of course, as much as I'd loathe to lose RVp he's been hee a long time and if he's ever going to pick up some medals his best decision would be to find a more ambitious club with aspirations of success at least. Our club is a sorry state of affairs at the moment and major changes are needed, I don't believe we'll see them though.

We've brought this on ouselves though, selling our best players and not replacing them with quality, too many kids we hoped might become superstars and just haven't and a refusal to sign the players we really need, players who are winners and give 100%.

Sadly what the last 6 years has done is to give the better players a reason not to come, why would a top player want to come to a club who are happy to watch other clubs bypass them and won't sign quality players whilst selling their stars.

I haven't been happy for years about the direction of this club, what I fear now though is that it's gone on for too long and that it will have a big impact on our chances of getting back to the top, we've lost the prestige factor we use to have, we're just seen as also ran's and a club you shouldn't join if you're an established player.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Doesn't really need to, they are top of the league and have just thrashed us 4-0, not too much to worry about there.

He's right of course, as much as I'd loathe to lose RVp he's been hee a long time and if he's ever going to pick up some medals his best decision would be to find a more ambitious club with aspirations of success at least. Our club is a sorry state of affairs at the moment and major changes are needed, I don't believe we'll see them though.

We've brought this on ouselves though, selling our best players and not replacing them with quality, too many kids we hoped might become superstars and just haven't and a refusal to sign the players we really need, players who are winners and give 100%.

Sadly what the last 6 years has done is to give the better players a reason not to come, why would a top player want to come to a club who are happy to watch other clubs bypass them and won't sign quality players whilst selling their stars.

I haven't been happy for years about the direction of this club, what I fear now though is that it's gone on for too long and that it will have a big impact on our chances of getting back to the top, we've lost the prestige factor we use to have, we're just seen as also ran's and a club you shouldn't join if you're an established player.

Well it was a project it failed now we move on at the timeof buying these kids no one complained or moaned it was going to harm us etc, its only now its failed people are jumping on the bandwagon.

No one 5 years ago cared about us not winning the CC it was a "Mickey mouse cup" some lablled it, now we need to win it etc.

How can you say the last 6 years has give the better players a reason not to come, who says we were even after them. Id not want a player like Ibra here anyway only out for what they can get anyway. To many top players these days are not loyal.

But if were going to have another circus around RVP like Fab then its better he does go this summer and if we get 20 - 25 Mill for him thats a good bit of business.

Özim
18-02-2012, 11:02 AM
20-25 million is peanuts for a player who is basically carrying the team and who has scored as many goals as he has, sadly that's probably what we'll get for him.

As for the top players comment, doesn't matter if we want them or not, we're no longer an attractive proposition to them, we have no star players they'd want to play with, we never win anything and our manager has become a bit of a joke. We've made our bed and now we have to lie in it, players like Hazard won't come to us when they have far more attractive choices available to them, including Spurs who play exciting football and are perceived to be going places.

Once upon a time we had a chance of signing anyone, then Wenger decided having a team of kids who win nothing was the way forward.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-02-2012, 11:36 AM
20-25 million is peanuts for a player who is basically carrying the team and who has scored as many goals as he has, sadly that's probably what we'll get for him.

As for the top players comment, doesn't matter if we want them or not, we're no longer an attractive proposition to them, we have no star players they'd want to play with, we never win anything and our manager has become a bit of a joke. We've made our bed and now we have to lie in it, players like Hazard won't come to us when they have far more attractive choices available to them, including Spurs who play exciting football and are perceived to be going places.

Once upon a time we had a chance of signing anyone, then Wenger decided having a team of kids who win nothing was the way forward.

Were not getting top players because we don't want them, did you not read what Ivan said a few weeks ago, "we develop kids and thats our way"

Thats the way the club will be run even if a new maanger comes in tommrow, unless the board decide to do a 360 today and start again.

Didn't hazard says the other day he wanted to come here, cause we have good players and a good French manager( not that i boought it) Were still linked with good players it be a worry if we were not.

Im not bothered who goes to spurs or what they do. I agree with you 100% the club needs to be ambitious if they are going to go forward and be a top team again. Id love the club as a whole to show its ambtious not just 1 or 2 people within the club.

Xhaka Can’t
18-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Anyone with Van Persie's best interest at heart would tell him to get the hell out as fast as he can.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Id not begrudge him a move tbh, he wants to win big things and i hope he does, hopefully in spain with real or barca. Compare him to Nasri he has been a saint with us. Maybe he feels after him being out for a long time and us sticking by him this was a way to pay us back.

But i feel now is the time to move him on and build a team from scratch.

Xhaka Can’t
18-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Never mind begrudging him a move, I'd actively encourage him to do so.

Olivier's xmas twist
18-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Touche lol

hymppi
18-02-2012, 04:52 PM
But i feel now is the time to move him on and build a team from scratch.
i hope he doesn't leave.
wishful thinking...
well, he's as good as gone. so let's start building a team.
and hopefully with someone in helm who's hungry for success and is capable of using money to achieve it, too.

GP
18-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Never mind begrudging him a move, I'd actively encourage him to do so.

Why?

Power n Glory
18-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Speaking of Nasri and Cesc...how comes they draw so much criticism for seeing the light do early?

Xhaka Can’t
18-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Why?

It is his last major contract - he is a talent that deserves silverware and I have no faith in our Board to put in place the conditions where we will have a reasonable chance of doing so, with or without Van Persie.

Obviously I'd prefer for him to stay and for us to materially add to our team at least give him the chance he deserves.

GP
18-02-2012, 06:06 PM
It is his last major contract - he is a talent that deserves silverware and I have no faith in our Board to put in place the conditions where we will have a reasonable chance of doing so, with or without Van Persie.

Obviously I'd prefer for him to stay and for us to materially add to our team at least give him the chance he deserves.

Odd. I'm an arsenal fan, so I could give a fuck what he could potentially win elsewhere.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Arsenal were joined by representatives from Bayern Munich and Napoli in scouting 25-year-old Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud during the recent 2-2 draw with Paris Saint-Germain.

Olivier Giroud

Giroud has made 59 appearances for Montpellier

Having let 26-year-old Senegal international striker Demba Ba leave West Ham on a free transfer, co-owner David Sullivan thinks Newcastle risk losing him for as little as £3.5m this summer.

Full story: Newcastle Chronicle

Ba is a must get

Cripps_orig
21-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Giroud can fuck off

Ba is a Must Get

Japan Shaking All Over
21-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Giroud can fuck off

Ba is a Must Get

Ba is a Must Get - after all once Arshavin goes we will need another winger! huh Wenger huh? huh?

Cripps_orig
21-02-2012, 11:28 AM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/2012-02-20/arsene-wenger-ready-splash-out-%C2%A355m-these-five-brilliant-players

5 players we could get

Other than that Ajax dude, the rest can fuck off

McNamara That Ghost...
21-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Mksani? He's the Tunisian Messi apparently. :lol:

Cripps_orig
21-02-2012, 02:06 PM
ARSENAL boss Arsene Wenger is in the hunt for Daniel Opare, who has impressed for Standard Liege this season.

The defender, 21, was part of Ghana's African Nations Cup squad but did not play.

Opare was first brought to Europe by Real Madrid before moving on to Standard.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4142486/Arsenal-transfer-news-Arsene-Wenger-targets-Ghana-defender-Daniel-Opare.html

Olivier's xmas twist
21-02-2012, 02:22 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4142486/Arsenal-transfer-news-Arsene-Wenger-targets-Ghana-defender-Daniel-Opare.html

Decent little player, and never even played for us at the ACON but he is more suited to Fulham then us, can't see this happening.

Japan Shaking All Over
21-02-2012, 03:34 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/2012-02-20/arsene-wenger-ready-splash-out-%C2%A355m-these-five-brilliant-players

5 players we could get

Other than that Ajax dude, the rest can fuck off

Seems Pereira was thinking we could do the same!

Cripps_orig
22-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is in the hunt for 21-year-old Ghana international defender Daniel Opare, who has impressed for Standard Liege this season.
Full story: the Sun

Arsenal are ready to open fresh contract talks with winger Theo Walcott, midfielder Tomas Rosicky and striker Robin van Persie after the trio indicated they are keen to stay at the club.

Arsenal and Liverpool are believed to have have reignited their interest in Werder Bremen attacking midfielder Marko Marin, 22, who has been dubbed the German Lionel Messi.
Full story: Footylatest

Manager Arsene Wenger faces being left with just £10m to rebuild Arsenal in the summer.
Full story: London Evening Standard

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Chelsea are targeting Arsenal and England winger Theo Walcott and could be willing to swap him for Stamford Bridge striker Daniel Sturridge.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4144669/Transfer-news-Chelsea-eye-move-for-Theo-Walcott.html

:pray::pray::pray::pray:

KSE Comedy Club
22-02-2012, 08:58 AM
:lol:Rosicky a new contract?

The circus continues.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-02-2012, 06:05 PM
enit St Petersburg are hoping to bring Andrey Arshavin back for a second spell at the club, with a loan approach having been put to Arsenal. The Russia international has struggled for form with the Gunners this season, sparking speculation that he could soon be on his way out of the club.
A return to his homeland was widely touted during the January transfer window and could still be pushed through as Russian clubs have until the end of February to complete their transfer business.
Zenit are looking to pull off a major coup by snaring Arshavin, (http://topics.skysports.com/Andrey+Arshavin/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif with it their intention to tempt the 30-year-old with the promise of regular football in the build-up to Euro 2012.
"Arshavin would interest us in terms of having him on loan," Zenit general director Maxim Mitrofanov was quoted as saying by local media on Wednesday.
"[Besides helping Zenit] Andrey would also be well prepared for the upcoming Euro 2012 finals. The question is what Arsenal (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif really want, would they want a loan deal?"
TalksAsked if Zenit had already made contact with Arsenal, Mitrofanov said: "We had [initial] talks with them. Let's see how they respond now."
Arsenal signed Arshavin from Zenit in January 2009 and he has made over 130 appearances for the club.
Arsene Wenger (http://topics.skysports.com/Arsene+Wenger/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif has previously stated that he has no desire to part with the talented playmaker, with players of his ability in short supply.
Zenit accept that Arshavin would rather remain in England and recapture his best form at Arsenal, but have made it clear that their door is always open should he change his mind.
"The fact is Andrey still wants to play in England," Mitrofanov said.
"But he really wants to do well at Euro. [Zenit] would be a good solution for him in this case."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7538596/Zenit-make-Arshavin-approach

Marc Overmars
22-02-2012, 06:20 PM
No point of a loan. Just start the prep for next season and sell him now.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Arsenal are planning to spend £55m on German pair Mario Gotze and Lukas Podoloski in the summer as manager Arsene Wenger looks to reinvigorate his attack.

Full story: Bild [In German] (http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/fussball/international/2012/02/20/arsenal-london/millionen-fuer-arsene-wenger-plaene-mit-goetze-und-poldi.html)

Disney are the latest firm to see their offer of commercial work for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain rejected by Arsenal as the club look to protect their young winger from over-exposure.
Full story: Daily Mirror (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-exclusive-Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain-commercial-commitments-to-be-limited-by-Arsene-Wenger-who-says-no-to-Disney-photoshoot-article868873.html)

Cripps_orig
23-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Zenit St Petersburg claim they are in negotiations with Arsenal to bring Andrey Arshavin back to the club on loan. "We had (initial) talks with them. Let's see how they respond now," the Russian's general director, Maxim Mitrofanov, was quoted as saying.
Full story: Sovetsky Sport [In Russian]

Arsenal are planning to spend £55m on German pair Mario Gotze and Lukas Podoloski in the summer as manager Arsene Wenger looks to reinvigorate his attack.
Full story: Bild [In German]

Disney are the latest firm to see their offer of commercial work for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain rejected by Arsenal as the club look to protect their young winger from over-exposure.

The Arsenal Supporters' Trust has urged the club to slash ticket prices if they fail to qualify for next season's Champions League.

Gotze and Podolski :pray:

Japan Shaking All Over
23-02-2012, 09:53 AM
How much of that will go on Goetze, didnt we have 35 rejected?

server too busy!
23-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Wasn't the rumour that we'd be getting 2 Germans and someone has just assumed it would be Goetze. In all honesty its probably more likely someone like Marin or Reus and Podolski. I don't see how we can buy these players when we have no guarantee of CL money.

GP
23-02-2012, 10:08 AM
We already bought one of the germans in January.

McNamara That Ghost...
23-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Eisfeld. :lol:

Syn
23-02-2012, 10:53 AM
We should sign some Germans. Need some efficiency. And they wouldn't leave too because they're loyal to their leaders. Failing that, some hard-working japs? Or if we want some magic in midfield, an inscrutable chinaman.

GP
23-02-2012, 11:18 AM

it's all about the Krauts and the Chinks, tbh.

Cripps_orig
23-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Ashley Cole might be sold this summer

Time he came back home?

Next invincible to come back?

Xhaka Can’t
23-02-2012, 11:46 AM
That would be funny.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-02-2012, 11:58 AM
How much of that will go on Goetze, didnt we have 35 rejected?

Think £40 for Mario and 15 for Lukas should do the trick.

Olivier's xmas twist
23-02-2012, 11:58 AM

Time he came back home?

Nah, he'll go to madrid or barca they will never sell him to us.

Cripps_orig
23-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Real have Marcelo whos better

Barca is possible. Boths ****s

Ollie the Optimist
23-02-2012, 12:11 PM

Time he came back home?

no thanks, hes a ****

Cripps_orig
23-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Quality player though

Coney
23-02-2012, 12:18 PM

Time he came back home?

no thanks, hes a ****

Racist. :sulk:

Syn
23-02-2012, 01:30 PM
His credibility as a top defender was lost after Theo gave him the shits.

Marc Overmars
23-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Always nice to see legends return, come home Ash.

Japan Shaking All Over
23-02-2012, 03:06 PM
We should sign some Germans. Need some efficiency. And they wouldn't leave too because they're loyal to their leaders. Failing that, some hard-working japs? Or if we want some magic in midfield, an inscrutable chinaman.

Anyone in German national team is a good idea. . .should have been more serious about Ozill beforeeal joined the race. . .Goetze is going to be super expensive, Marin and Poldolski worth a punt. . .Reus has agreed to join BMright・ . .as for Japs, nobodyover here but Kagawa, he is good player

Syn
23-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Anyone in German national team is a good idea. . .should have been more serious about Ozill beforeeal joined the race. . .Goetze is going to be super expensive, Marin and Poldolski worth a punt. . .Reus has agreed to join BMright・ . .as for Japs, nobodyover here but Kagawa, he is good player We managed to sign the one player in the german NT that isn't the mutts nuts. WUMger. WUMger always says that he never looks at a player's passport. Nice morals. It would be nice if he at least discriminated against shot ability but y'know equal opportunities. I can understand that. Nice guy tbf. Doesn't work. My England is fuck all. Get a French-speaking core at the club and no wonder we surrender. Get Klopp in charge and let's see us crumble. Just read all this back and my word it's terrible. I can WUM better than this. Give me 5 mins.

GP
23-02-2012, 03:37 PM
:haha:

Syn's losing it

LDG
23-02-2012, 03:50 PM

He's on the Krone again :wacko:

Japan Shaking All Over
24-02-2012, 01:09 AM
We managed to sign the one player in the german NT that isn't the mutts nuts. WUMger. WUMger always says that he never looks at a player's passport. Nice morals. It would be nice if he at least discriminated against shot ability but y'know equal opportunities. I can understand that. Nice guy tbf. Doesn't work. My England is fuck all. Get a French-speaking core at the club and no wonder we surrender. Get Klopp in charge and let's see us crumble. Just read all this back and my word it's terrible. I can WUM better than this. Give me 5 mins.

Yeah sorry Syn mate, got all excited about being quoted but second half of that you lost me. . .if you mean that AW packs the team with over paid vottle jobs then I think you are right, got a few kamikaze tho. . .Sir Ches, Kos, Jack, Oxo and RvP, just need a few more. . .Germans and Japs, funny that! Merts aint that bad tho!

fakeyank
24-02-2012, 06:15 AM
Yeah sorry Syn mate, got all excited about being quoted but second half of that you lost me. . .if you mean that AW packs the team with over paid vottle jobs then I think you are right, got a few kamikaze tho. . .Sir Ches, Kos, Jack, Oxo and RvP, just need a few more. . .Germans and Japs, funny that! Merts aint that bad tho!

Are you Charlie in disguise?

Japan Shaking All Over
24-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Are you Charlie in disguise?

? and why that be?

LDG
24-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Just seen some twittering relating to Arshavin moving to Zenit on loan. Wages paid, plus 1mill.

Though AW did say he's not moving, so :shrug:

Meh.

Japan Shaking All Over
24-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Just seen some twittering relating to Arshavin moving to Zenit on loan. Wages paid, plus 1mill.

Meh.

Hope its not us paying the wages plus one mil. . .poss permanent move? Need to see some of these loans stick

Marc Overmars
24-02-2012, 07:16 PM
The deadline is 9pm and SSN reckon he is set to move.

Fat Fuck. :wave:

Samba is off to Anzhi as well.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Sky Sports sources understand Arsenal and Zenit St Petersburg have agreed a loan deal for Andrey Arshavin.

The 30-year-old Russia international has struggled for form this season, leading to speculation his days at the North London club could be numbered.

No transfer emerged during the January window but, with Gervinho back from Africa Cup of Nations duty and the Russian transfer window still open until Friday, a deal has now been agreed.

The move will see Arshavin return to his homeland and the club from which he joined Arsenal in January 2009.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7544734/Arshavin-set-for-Zenit-loan

Olivier's xmas twist
24-02-2012, 07:24 PM
? and why that be?

Its disgusting the way i'm treated on here.

Dennis Bendtner
24-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Why are we letting fat fuck go? That seems quite pointless. Unless they've agreed a big fee to buy him at the end. Greedy greedy Arsenal.

Fat fuck. :wave:

Put a tenner on Chamberlain getting injured on Sunday.

GP
24-02-2012, 07:48 PM
abusive post removed

'you're'

Master Splinter
24-02-2012, 08:24 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6otghFjqnPE/TYiTOqEhalI/AAAAAAAAEGM/zjXC9CIzoic/s1600/arsene_wenger.jpg

Master Splinter
24-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah, as soon as The Fat Fuck lands in Russia, Oxo and Gervinho will fatally collapse simultaneously.

And Ryo is at Bolton too.

WUMger :bow:.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/11/09/article-0-07209E23000005DC-250_306x423.jpg

Marc Overmars
24-02-2012, 08:38 PM
It seems official now, Fat Fuck has tweeted;

Andrey Arshavin ‏ @AndrArshavin23
It's done.

:wave:

Olivier's xmas twist
24-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Its on SSN on the yellow too.

Cripps_orig
24-02-2012, 08:42 PM

Marc Overmars
24-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Hey Arsene, how come you're diminishing an already weak front line, while the window is closed for you to bring a replacement in?

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/Arsene_415.jpg

Dennis Bendtner
24-02-2012, 08:46 PM
At least we can put the £1m loan fee to good use.

Like Gazidis' salary.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-02-2012, 08:47 PM

Don't worry we have Chamakh tbh.

Dennis Bendtner
24-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Andrey Arshavin:

I've moved to "Zenit". On loan, will play under number 29.

All the details tomorrow, when you wake up. :)

On his website.

Olivier's xmas twist
24-02-2012, 08:57 PM
On his website.

Good riddiance tbh.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
24-02-2012, 09:03 PM
this was kept up their sleeve all along.

wait until the windows over then sell him. perfect excuse not to splash a bit of fucking cash and buy a replacement.

wankers.

Marc Overmars
24-02-2012, 09:05 PM
To be honest if this is the first sign of a serious and ruthless clearout then it's the right move. The next 3 months are going to drag like hell so we might as well start prep for next season now.

I've never seen someone play himself out of the adulation the fans gave him quite like Arshavin did. A productive player on his day but those days became few and far between, he's not the type of player to inspire and that was his downfall. Plenty of talent but the character wasn't there.