PDA

View Full Version : Super Super Quality Transfer Speculation & Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29]

Cripps_orig
12-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Italian giants Juventus are the latest side to plan a move for Arsenal winger Theo Walcott, 23, in the January transfer window.
Full story: Metro

Tottenham are lining up a move for Russia captain and Arsenal attacker Andrey Arshavin, 31, with the player having fallen down the pecking order at the Emirates.
Full story: CaughtOffside

Arsenal are to offer manager Arsene Wenger a new contract, according to Gunners chief executive Ivan Gazidis.
Full story: The Mirror

Juve cant afford him

Hope this doesnt happen

Wtf? If Wenger signs a new contract, im quitting football

Japan Shaking All Over
13-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Tbf, most strikers are an upgrade on Giroud

I know i know, its only been 3 games blah blah blah but has it?

Hes been a bit shit his whole career, has one half decent season last season and Wenger buys him. Should have waited to see if he could do it again or if he goes back to normal.

Looks like the latter and we are stuck with him

Drogba is a Must Get

Time to shutt this thread down.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Time to shutt this thread down.

Im not a mod

Niall_Quinn
13-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Im not a mod

An ongoing scandal.

4-3-3
13-09-2012, 07:41 AM

Hes been a bit shit his whole career, has one half decent season last season and Wenger buys him. Should have waited to see if he could do it again or if he goes back to normal.

Drogba is a Must Get

no way, no another silvestre/gallas please , bring in proper forward, jovetic or llorente.

can someone shut this thread down.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 09:50 AM

Drogba is a Must Get

No he has not.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 11:48 AM
no way, no another silvestre/gallas please , bring in proper forward, jovetic or llorente.

can someone shut this thread down.
Drogba is quality

Japan Shaking All Over
13-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Im not a mod

Thank God

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Thank God

So why ask me to close the thread? :blink:

Are you and Charlie drunk today?

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Thank God

:haha:

Ollie the Optimist
13-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Drogba is quality

he only scored 5 goals in 24 appearances last year, and 11 in 36 the year before. hes hardly set the world alight in taht respect, and given he would want lots of money there is no way we should or would be able to get him to sign for us.

drogba is a good player, but usually he excels in cup finals, and well you know, we dont really play in those

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 04:06 PM
he only scored 5 goals in 24 appearances last year, and 11 in 36 the year before. hes hardly set the world alight in taht respect, and given he would want lots of money there is no way we should or would be able to get him to sign for us.

drogba is a good player, but usually he excels in cup finals, and well you know, we dont really play in those

And yet Bar Podolskihe is still better then any striker we got. I doubt it would happen though.

there is no way we should or would be able to get him to sign for us. Well if you want quality sometimes you have to branch out and spend money.

Ollie the Optimist
13-09-2012, 04:12 PM
And yet Bar Podolskihe is still better then any striker we got. I doubt it would happen though.

Well if you want quality sometimes you have to branch out and spend money.

but is it worth spending that money? i mean 5 goals in 24 games is hardly amazing. he is getting old now too maybe he didnt play as much because of injuries? if he scored 15 goals then yes, but 5, id back chakamh to do that in 24 games

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Hes better than all our strikers so hes a Must Get

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Chakamh :bow:

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 04:17 PM
but is it worth spending that money? i mean 5 goals in 24 games is hardly amazing. he is getting old now too maybe he didnt play as much because of injuries? if he scored 15 goals then yes, but 5, id back chakamh to do that in 24 games

Yes as he would be on a free, ok so his wages would be a problem, but to have a striker who will give the others confidence woul be brilliant. He knows the league too.

Besiders its only short term.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Chakamh :bow:

:lol:

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Yes as he would be on a free, ok so his wages would be a problem, but to have a striker who will give the others confidence woul be brilliant. He knows the league too.

Besiders its only short term.Pretty much

Also the whole point of moving to the Emirates was so we could spend big money and compete with others.

Time we did that tbh

Xhaka Can’t
13-09-2012, 04:41 PM
I don't know about you, but I've been spending big money there for years.

Maestro
13-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Cavani or Falcao would fix it, but way out of reach financially so Llorente would have to be my target

....and even that is a stretch for Wumger, Stan & Ivan. We be big ballin' it

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Cavani or Falcao would fix it, but way out of reach financially so Llorente would have to be my target

....and even that is a stretch for Wumger, Stan & Ivan. We be big ballin' it

Problem with him, cause he would be on a cut down price due his contract situation i can see a heap of clubs wanting him or try to sign him on a pre contract, we'd have no chance over a Juve or a city or chavs.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Problem with him, cause he would be on a cut down price due his contract situation i can see a heap of clubs wanting him or try to sign him on a pre contract, we'd have no chance over a Juve or a city or chavs.

So we stick to buying 2nd rate players?

Fuck that.

We should go for the big name players. We might lose out or we might not. Its time we stopped putting ourselves down. We are 50 million times bigger than Chelsea and City

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 07:42 PM

Fuck that.

We should go for the big name players. We might lose out or we might not. Its time we stopped putting ourselves down. We are 50 million times bigger than Chelsea and City

Twisting words again like you always do. never once did i say we should not go for him. Or spend big.

Özim
13-09-2012, 07:44 PM

Fuck that.

Our moto is if there's other big clubs interested, don't bother trying. It's better to never have tried than to try at all.

We really are small time these days.

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Twisting words again like you always do. never once did i say we should not go for him. Or spend big.

I didnt say you didnt say that

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Our moto is if there's other big clubs interested, don't bother trying. It's better to never have tried than to try at all.
Pretty much

Its ridiculous. Might as well rebuild Highbury and move back if we have no intention of competing with big clubs for trophies and big name players

Olivier's xmas twist
13-09-2012, 07:48 PM
I didnt say you didnt say that

I never said you said i said it

Cripps_orig
13-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Right-back Bacary Sagna, 29, is given a dressing down by Arsene Wenger after complaining about the sales of Robin van Persie, 29, and Alex Song, 25.
Full Story: Daily Telegraph

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis says manager Arsene Wenger is as driven and excited as he's ever been.
Full Story: Daily Telegraph

Sagnas gone

yay

Kyle?
13-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Sagnas gone

yay

Damn.

Japan Shaking All Over
14-09-2012, 07:57 AM
So why ask me to close the thread? :blink:

Are you and Charlie drunk today?

I didnt. Just said that the thread needed to shut down especially if people are going to use to drag players that have played a grand total of three games for the club over the coals, even if that opinion is based on a supposedly flash in the pan career in France.

Özim
14-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Sagnas gone

yay
If that's true Sagna should have told him to "shut up Arsene, 7 years of winning nothing and you still preach like a b*tch" :lol:

GP
14-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Wenger was on his way to giving Sagna a 'dressing down' but then he realised he had no dress.

Özim
14-09-2012, 09:00 AM
:tumbleweed:

LDG
14-09-2012, 09:52 AM
LOL

Wenger is useless. Wenger is a ****. Wenger should die.

Syn
14-09-2012, 09:55 AM
When he kicks those bottles on the touchline, he actually imagines he's kicking babies' heads. Also heard he stopped by a Big Issue man and gave him a McDonalds bag with nothing in it.

He is a psychopath and I'd be highly surprised if he wasn't in prison by age 70.

Xhaka Can’t
14-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Get it right.

Babies with cancer.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Cripps_orig
14-09-2012, 11:54 AM
LOL

Wenger is useless. Wenger is a ****. Wenger should die.
2 out of 3 aint bad

Cripps_orig
14-09-2012, 11:56 AM
I didnt. Just said that the thread needed to shut down especially if people are going to use to drag players that have played a grand total of three games for the club over the coals, even if that opinion is based on a supposedly flash in the pan career in France.
Id have thought with your Gervinho shocker that you would be more critical.

Alas you have learnt nothing and still have faith in these nothing players

Olivier's xmas twist
14-09-2012, 12:47 PM
If that's true Sagna should have told him to "shut up Arsene, 7 years of winning nothing and you still preach like a b*tch" :lol:

Might at well not like he'll be playing many games for us again anyways.

Japan Shaking All Over
14-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Id have thought with your Gervinho shocker that you would be more critical.

Alas you have learnt nothing and still have faith in these nothing players

Oh wise one :bow: if only to be like you. . .then I too could be considered 'empty-headed' and 'full of shit'

Olivier's xmas twist
14-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Oh wise one :bow: if only to be like you. . .then I too could be considered 'empty-headed' and 'full of shit'

Remember who your replying to :coffee:

Cripps_orig
14-09-2012, 01:58 PM

I was right about Gervinho :coffee:

And Theo :coffee:

Some shit i must be full of

Cripps_orig
14-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Remember who your replying to :coffee:

Oh look. Stealing my material again

Olivier's xmas twist
14-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Oh look. Stealing my material again

Ok :wacko:

Japan Shaking All Over
14-09-2012, 03:35 PM
I was right about Gervinho :coffee:

And Theo :coffee:

Some shit i must be full of

Ah yeah. . .spot on bout Theo. . .jeez

Kos and Sir Ches. . .the list is endless :yawn:

Cripps_orig
14-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Ah yeah. . .spot on bout Theo. . .jeez

Kos and Sir Ches. . .the list is endless :yawn:
Kos was shit for the first 18 months of his career with us but has improved

Sir Ches isnt as good as everyone seemed to think he is

Where am i wrong? :unsure:

I understand you seem to think we have the best players of all time and thats fair enough. Im just a bit older and wiser tbh.

Japan Shaking All Over
14-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Kos was shit for the first 18 months of his career with us but has improved

Sir Ches isnt as good as everyone seemed to think he is

Where am i wrong? :unsure:

I understand you seem to think we have the best players of all time and thats fair enough. Im just a bit older and wiser tbh.

Kos was good long before you swallowed your pride and admitted as much

Ches is not as shit as you think he is and nor is Theo as good as you think!

Never said that we have the best players of all time. . .which makes me think that that part about you getting older is not really making you wiser just a bit more senile!

Cripps_orig
14-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Me and Wenger have something in common then :(

As for Theo, he is as good as i think he is tbh

All ive ever said about him is he scores and gets assists which he does. Again, where am i wrong?

I certainly never had expectations like most did on here back in 2006 that he would become absolutely brilliant and be the best player in the world or whatever. Like i said, im older and wiser than that. I rate players on what they do, not on potential. And what Theo has done fo the most part is fine by me. Goals and assists both in double figures in the last 2 seasons is fine by me and hes better than the likes of Nani, Lennon, Young, Bale etc. Players who are praised but doesnt produce as much

I dont think Ches is shit. I just dont think hes the best in England which some have said on here. He himself has admitted he can get better which sort of backs me up

As for Kos, im glad to hes proving me wrong. Doesnt change the fact he was shit fo 18 months

Kano
14-09-2012, 04:04 PM

yep, that's what a grown intelligent man should be saying to his boss at 29.

Cripps_orig
14-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Arsenal are interested in Toulouse midfielder Étienne Capoue and could press ahead with a move for him in January.
Arsene Wenger's transfer business this summer was mixed, with the impressive captures of Santi Cazorla, Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski.
But the Gunners sold Robin Van Persie and Alex Song, raising fears among fans the club needs to sell their star players to continue investing in the team.
However, Arsenal's pursuit of the impressive Capoue suggests Wenger is still very keen on boosting his squad to compete with Europe's best.
France international Capoue, a tough-tackling 24-year-old, has been on Arsenal's radar for some time and there were suggestions Wenger wanted him this summer.
No move materialised but it is understood the north London side could come in with a bid of around £12m when the window reopens.

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120914/arsenal-back-toulouse-midfielder-180866#1sYBcjAxcBuhLu0g.99

Mvila :rose:

Niall_Quinn
14-09-2012, 11:46 PM

Or made up, speculative at best bullshit in the media. One window closes and immediately they are starting on the next one.

Cripps_orig
14-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Maybe

Still, a rumour about our club so twas posted

Olivier's xmas twist
15-09-2012, 09:47 AM

Talksport :haha:

Cripps_orig
16-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen has revealed that he was also contacted by Arsenal during the summer transfer window, but eventually opted to join the Spurs as they gave him "a good feeling".

The Belgium international signed a long-term contract with the White Hart Lane outfit, and has gone on to start two of their three Premier League matches so far.

His future was uncertain for a long time, however, and the former Ajax captain revealed he questioned Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp over both clubs.

"[Bergkamp] knows Tottenham are a very big club. He's a very good guy, and I get along with him very well," the 25-year old told Sky Sports.

"I chose Spurs because they gave me a good feeling. I spoke to Daniel Levy and Rafael van der Vaart. Arsenal did try to sign me, but I'd already made my decision that I wanted to play [for Spurs].

"[Arsenal captain] Thomas [Vermaelen] told me [the Arsenal and Tottenham rivalry] was like Ajax and Feyenoord.

"They're big rivals but when I walk down the street even the Arsenal fans have been very respectful."

Tottenham will look to secure their first victory of the season when they travel to Reading on Sunday.

Cute how he wants to get onside with the Spuds fans

milla
16-09-2012, 03:45 PM
It is no secret Vertonghen is a long time Arsenal fan. We didn't sign him cos we don't need another CB. :coffee:

Cripps_orig
16-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Well we do but only as 4th choice which he wouldnt be happy with

Someone like a Grimandi or a Cygan.

Decent dependable players who will come in when the inevitable injuries come around and then wont moan when they are dropped when the injured players are back

Olivier's xmas twist
16-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Well we do but only as 4th choice which he wouldnt be happy with

Someone like a Grimandi or a Cygan.

Decent dependable players who will come in when the inevitable injuries come around and then wont moan when they are dropped when the injured players are back

He can play LB so he could have played there tbh. but i agree if he wanted to play CB, he knew he'd get more game time at spudz.

Cripps_orig
16-09-2012, 09:25 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/8082965/Moyes-in-Fellaini-admission

Make the right offer, Wenger

£20m should do it

Or £15m plus Arteta

Japan Shaking All Over
17-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Cute how he wants to get onside with the Spuds fans

Spoke to Van der Vaart?
Same VDV that felt that feel good feeling so much he pissed off back to Germany?

Spurs? Gotta love them. . .pure fecking entertainment!

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Spoke to Van der Vaart?
Same VDV that felt that feel good feeling so much he pissed off back to Germany?

Spurs? Gotta love them. . .pure fecking entertainment!

:gp: Always in our shadows except when it comes to Entertainment tbh.

Grebbo
17-09-2012, 09:41 AM
My guess is we would have bought Vertonghen if he was super cheap. He'd have been good cover and left back contender.

Wenger probably verbally mentioned a stupidly low figure to Ajax seeing as he was in the last year of his contract. As soon as Spurs came in with a major offer Wenger didn't follow up his interest.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-09-2012, 09:55 AM
My guess is we would have bought Vertonghen if he was super cheap. He'd have been good cover and left back contender.

Wenger probably verbally mentioned a stupidly low figure to Ajax seeing as he was in the last year of his contract. As soon as Spurs came in with a major offer Wenger didn't follow up his interest.

He wanted to play CB do you think he'd have been 1st choice here, he did not want to play LB, and i doubt he would have wanted to be cover for gibbs, so what sense did it make to go in for him anyways.

Grebbo
17-09-2012, 10:15 AM
He wanted to play CB do you think he'd have been 1st choice here, he did not want to play LB, and i doubt he would have wanted to be cover for gibbs, so what sense did it make to go in for him anyways.

Top footballers have massive egos and self confidence - that's how they get to the top. In his mind he'd have thought he's better than Merts or Kos and would therefore get in the team. He plays LB for his country so I'm not sure why he suddenly wants to be a CB anyway.

Anyway, we didn't even bid for him. He's just trying to win over the Spurs fans. I remember Zakora said similar and look how good he turned out to be....

selassie
18-09-2012, 01:00 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/8082965/Moyes-in-Fellaini-admission

Make the right offer, Wenger

£20m should do it

Or £15m plus Arteta

Fellaini is way out of our price range, I reckon he'll go to Man United. He'll cost around 25mill.

Syn
18-09-2012, 01:02 PM
I'll be utterly shocked if a top team decided to buy him. In the same way I knew nobody decent would buy Dempsey. Only player worth considering from Everton is Baines.

Niall_Quinn
18-09-2012, 01:10 PM
I'll be utterly shocked if a top team decided to buy him. In the same way I knew nobody decent would buy Dempsey. Only player worth considering from Everton is Baines.

Spuds will probably spunk £20mill on him. Or Pool to replace Stevie Me, in which case the price will be £277mill.

Shaqiri Is Boss
18-09-2012, 01:16 PM
It would probably take £277m for them to sell him to us though.

I would prefer £270m + £7m add ons though. Just incase...

Cripps_orig
20-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Demba Ba is available for £7m in January, has scored goals in England for both West Ham and Newcastle.

We need a striker

Done deal surely

Olivier's xmas twist
20-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Demba Ba is available for £7m in January, has scored goals in England for both West Ham and Newcastle.

We need a striker

Done deal surely

Id take him here tbh and that would be a great bit of business tbh.

Cripps_orig
22-09-2012, 01:30 AM
Liverpool are on alert after Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger indicated he could sell winger Theo Walcott, 23, in January.
Full story: Daily Mirror

£40m and hes theirs

Cripps_orig
22-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Arsenal are tracking 16-year-old Alloa striker NOEL MAKOMBO.
The 6ft 2in French kid has been with the Scottish Division Two team for only six weeks and is awaiting his Wasps debut.
Boss Paul Hartley admitted: “Some big English clubs are watching him.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4548942/Lukas-Podolski-could-have-an-Arsenal-tattoo.html#ixzz279xsObPZyay

Master Splinter
22-09-2012, 05:53 AM
£40m and hes theirs

Straight swap with Reina.

We need a new mascot.

Master Splinter
22-09-2012, 05:57 AM
yay

Boss Paul Hartley admitted: “Some big English clubs are watching him.”

So we're not in the running then?

Big WUM opportunity missed there. You can't even spot the +1s any more. :rose:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-09-2012, 11:56 AM
yay

but is his dad a lifelong arsenal fan? if he is then he's a good player

Xhaka Can’t
22-09-2012, 12:07 PM
but is his dad a lifelong arsenal fan? if he is then he's a good player

Yes, because that is what everyone is saying.

Syn
22-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Yes, because that is what everyone is saying.

Strawman wumming. Only the thick-as-fuck resort to it.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-09-2012, 02:57 PM
of course of course.

master splinter and co never wum do they :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...
22-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Maybe it's time to can this thread now.