PDA

View Full Version : Honest Frank the Muppet and other Chavs sh!t

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Letters
17-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Leeds didn't sell their best players after winning the title., that was years later after O'Leary.

*checks*

Ok, fair enough :good:

But they were still well ahead of where Chelsea are now after 16 games the season after they were champions.

Letters
17-12-2015, 09:42 PM
http://newsthump.com/2015/12/17/new-chelsea-manager-to-be-offered-45-minute-rolling-contract/

And

http://newsthump.com/2015/12/17/eva-carneiro-hospitalised-after-dangerously-prolonged-laughing-fit/

Özim
17-12-2015, 09:43 PM
*checks*

Ok, fair enough :good:

But they were still well ahead of where Chelsea are now after 16 games the season after they were champions.

Can't verify that either way, but they ended up 6th from bottom in a 22 team league 3 places above the relegation positions.

Letters
17-12-2015, 09:52 PM
Can't verify that either way, but they ended up 6th from bottom in a 22 team league 3 places above the relegation positions.

I know, but you also can't know where Chelsea would have been at the end under Mourinho.
I did verify it, they had 21 points after 16 games. Pretty poor for reigning Champions, but better than 15 points :lol:

I don't even know the last time a defending Champion was quite this poor, it's utter humiliation for them and it's all because of Mourinho. Lovely :d

Heisenberg
17-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Such a shame, he was really taking them in the right direction.

Kano
17-12-2015, 10:20 PM
Leeds United.

Think have gone wrong no doubt, but too early to sack him IMO and he'll recover fine with little effect, he's proven he can win and I doubt a small blip like this will affect him or his desirability for big clubs.

You had to go back quite a while to find that one. I'm also pretty sure they sold Cantona and their main striker Lee Chapman the season after winning the title (although I may be wrong) and entered into the Champions League. A few mitigating circumstances that probably impacted quite heavily on a team that had been in the old Division Two a few years earlier. Compared to Chelsea and their 'supreme' manager and prospective 'world player of the year' :lol: Hazard, along with all the financial muscle and recent success they have been built on, the two sides couldn't be more different really.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
17-12-2015, 10:26 PM
I don't get why the fans are upset to be honest, it shows they know nothing about the man. The results were never going to turn around for them whilst he stayed, he is getting progressively more ill. His narcassism meant that the writing was on the wall back in August and hoping that just keeping him on would change anything is pointless, he brought that squad back into pre season too late and they were unprepared and he did his usual scape goat tactics publically humiliating his club Doctor....then it's his players and the officials it's everyone's fault but his.
Only a man who could even for a second acknowledge his faults have any chance of turning things around, it had clearly degenerated to a battle of wills between manager and owner....he was almost brazenly daring him to sack him.
Mourinho cannot settle at a club long term and he will never moderate his unacceptable behaviour because he has a personality disorder, one that drives him but one that is destructive.
Inter and Porto were his most successful clubs because he never stayed long enough to develop acrimony.
Wherever he ends up it will end the same, there can never be a happy ending because of the nature of a deranged individual

Niall_Quinn
17-12-2015, 10:42 PM
Some incredibly rich guy has sacked another rich guy who fell out with a bunch of rich kids and now the first rich guy will have to pay loads of money to hire another rich guy and the second rich guy will get paid a fortune to go and find another job where he gets paid a fortune. Beyond the talk it doesn't seem to me this is related to the fans in any way, whether they are chavs or not. Different world.

All told, the chavs prove they have no class, yet again. Their chavvy Russian gangster owner proves, again, money is no object in his quest to buy status. The chavvy Portuguese bloke proves he can't build anything of substance and the chavvy fairweather gits who claim to play for the club prove they are only up for it when the going is easy. Sounds like your typical modern football club to me.

Marc Overmars
17-12-2015, 11:28 PM
I really hope the top clubs start to overlook him now, he'll probably still get a top job because he can deliver in the short term, but his reputation as an abrasive wanker has never been as prominent as it is now. The guy needs to spend time in the gutter, it might actually do him some good.

Munchies
18-12-2015, 06:49 AM
The players have done it before, they got AVB the sack (Lampard/Big Man/Drogba etc)

They got Maureen the sack :lol:

And they'll probably start winning their games now.

Letters
18-12-2015, 10:36 AM
And they'll probably start winning their games now.
I'm sure they will. I'd back them to finish top 6 now, top 4 is going to be tricky.
They're not suddenly a bad squad of players but they clearly no longer wanted to play for him.
It shows him up for the fraud he is, fine if you give him a big chequebook and you want to buy short term success, utterly toxic in the long term because of the disruption he causes.

Power n Glory
18-12-2015, 10:47 AM
I'm sure they will. I'd back them to finish top 6 now, top 4 is going to be tricky.
They're not suddenly a bad squad of players but they clearly no longer wanted to play for him.
It shows him up for the fraud he is, fine if you give him a big chequebook and you want to buy short term success, utterly toxic in the long term because of the disruption he causes.

I think it’s both and that’s why it turned so toxic. We’ve seen this with City and other Chelsea managers. After winning the league, teams get complacent so keeping them focused is difficult. It’s worse when you have mercenaries that care nothing for the club. I can’t imagine Mourinho not preparing properly for a game but I can imagine his attitude rubbing the players the wrong way. If he has loyal players he’ll find a way to piss off the board. Definitely not a long term solution but I also think his players are a disgrace.

Letters
18-12-2015, 11:02 AM
I think a lot of modern players are a disgrace. Overpaid, pampered, prima-donnas, most of them.
(Not our lot though, obviously. They're lovely)

Niall_Quinn
18-12-2015, 11:05 AM
"Professionals" who get paid hundreds of thousands a week and are in such an incredibly privileged position and they can't be bothered to turn out because somebody hurt their feelings? These guys should be shot to make way for kids who would cut their fucking arm off for the opportunity.

Xhaka Can’t
18-12-2015, 11:21 AM
I think it’s both and that’s why it turned so toxic. We’ve seen this with City and other Chelsea managers. After winning the league, teams get complacent so keeping them focused is difficult. It’s worse when you have mercenaries that care nothing for the club. I can’t imagine Mourinho not preparing properly for a game but I can imagine his attitude rubbing the players the wrong way. If he has loyal players he’ll find a way to piss off the board. Definitely not a long term solution but I also think his players are a disgrace.

I don't think any manager in the UK has handled the modern situation quite like Fergie.

He had it as nailed on as it was possible to be with perhaps the exception of his handling of Rooney.

Power n Glory
18-12-2015, 11:34 AM
Yep, Fergie is the only one.

Heisenberg
18-12-2015, 11:43 AM
I'm amazed by the amount of slack he's getting. Chelsea have fired managers for far less in the last decade, you suspect that if it was anyone other than Mourinho, they'd have been shown the door weeks or months ago. Added to which, yeah, the players have to take some responsibility but it takes two to tango - if Mourinho has managed to alienate and piss off his own players so much that they throw in the towel, he has to own that. Instead, as usual, he's picked fights, blamed everyone bar himself and left acrimoniously.

For all the talk that Chelsea won't find a better manager, I'm far more concerned about them now than I was before. Say what you like about Abramovich being trigger happy, when he changes managers mid season, it tends to work.

Power n Glory
18-12-2015, 11:54 AM
I'm amazed by the amount of slack he's getting. Chelsea have fired managers for far less in the last decade, you suspect that if it was anyone other than Mourinho, they'd have been shown the door weeks or months ago. Added to which, yeah, the players have to take some responsibility but it takes two to tango - if Mourinho has managed to alienate and piss off his own players so much that they throw in the towel, he has to own that. Instead, as usual, he's picked fights, blamed everyone bar himself and left acrimoniously.

For all the talk that Chelsea won't find a better manager, I'm far more concerned about them now than I was before. Say what you like about Abramovich being trigger happy, when he changes managers mid season, it tends to work.

Don't talk crazy. What is there to worry about this season? They are out of the title race. We have nothing to worry about and probably more likely to beat them with Jose gone. It's just a shame Wenger couldn't be the one to beat him before he got sacked.

Heisenberg
18-12-2015, 12:01 PM
I'm not worried about them overhauling us or challenging the title. I'm just mindful that they're likely to improve and rise up the table rather than just continue to flounder.

GP
18-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Well Hiddink is a dinosaur. It might improve under him, might not.

I am invisible
18-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Good riddance. Some people will miss his antics, but if I never see him again it'll be too soon...

Power n Glory
18-12-2015, 12:50 PM
I'm not worried about them overhauling us or challenging the title. I'm just mindful that they're likely to improve and rise up the table rather than just continue to flounder.

Chelsea were always going to be a factor. Even if Mourinho survived this season, you wouldn't bet on him having this same sort of disaster. The musical merry go round with the teams already above us doesn't bother me. It's when a good manager goes to Liverpool or Spurs. The guys just below always knocking for Top 4. I worry more about those guys getting their act together,

Globalgunner
18-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Chelsea were always going to be a factor. Even if Mourinho survived this season, you wouldn't bet on him having this same sort of disaster. The musical merry go round with the teams already above us doesn't bother me. It's when a good manager goes to Liverpool or Spurs. The guys just below always knocking for Top 4. I worry more about those guys getting their act together,

You could argue that Pool and Spurs are already there with the managers. If Ancelotti or Simeone were to go to Spurs that would really have me quaking especially with old father time still in our managers office. The stadium moves will complete the job for them because they will be able to match us on wages too. We have basically spent the last 10 years in limbo, making millionaires into mega millionaires and fattening the club up for a Kroenke windfall. Just wait till a Chinese or Saudi consortium offers moustache 10billion to f-off and see how fast he takes the money.

Power n Glory
18-12-2015, 01:59 PM
You could argue that Pool and Spurs are already there with the managers. If Ancelotti or Simeone were to go to Spurs that would really have me quaking especially with old father time still in our managers office. The stadium moves will complete the job for them because they will be able to match us on wages too. We have basically spent the last 10 years in limbo, making millionaires into mega millionaires and fattening the club up for a Kroenke windfall. Just wait till a Chinese or Saudi consortium offers moustache 10billion to f-off and see how fast he takes the money.

I only hope Spurs stadium move restricts their spending and sends them down the table like it did us. How they handle the transition will reflect on our move from Highbury.

And Liverpool will be one to watch for next season.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
18-12-2015, 04:13 PM
http://http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35129915

I have my own version of said letter

Dear Jose,

I remember the day you first left Chelsea it was Wednesday 19th September 2007, I'd just come back from the Emirates to learn that you'd resigned after a mixed start to the season and a rambling rant about the quality of eggs at Waitrose.
I felt that English football could well do without your antics and the way you had made personal remarks about fellow managers and referees and how you could not be content to be successful without also bringing the game into disrepute.
Lo and behold less than six years later you were back having left a trail of acrimony in your wake at Real Madrid, a club which had a bigger reputation and better class and pedigree than Chelsea had been sullied by you, and the fans were sick of you dragging their club through the gutter with you.
But nouveau rich Chelsea fans were glad to see you back, where despite having lost some of your previous lustre you bought I mean won the league with them last season and it appeared that a classless manager teamed with a classless outfit were going to prove a good fit once more.
But unfortunately your sickness got the better of you, the team were not performing after not having a proper pre season and it became everyone's fault but yours....and the longer it went on you carried on with this macabre circus act because a man with no concept of humility cannot be humbled or humiliated.
Has it never made you curious why as soon as you have managed anywhere for more than two years that it begins to unravel for you, that you seem to have contempt for the game in general otherwise you wouldn't behave the way you do, that your regard for your own importance and ego is so paramount that you must belittle other people in an ad hominem fashion at the slightest hint of perceived criticism.
Do you ever think about Anders Frisk whose career you curtailed because of the death threats you gave tacit consent to because you made insinuations that he had conspired with Frank Rijkaard to give the game to Barcelona at the nou camp in 2005, do you think of Eva Carneiro who you publically humiliated to try and find a reason as to why you failed to beat Swansea on the opening day of the season?.
I very much doubt it, because you feel justified in what you said because it was necessary to throw them under the bus to hide your own shortcomings, to hide the one thing you cannot bear and that is that you are imperfect you are flawed like the rest of us and there isn't a conspiracy out there designed to prevent you from achieving more than you have.
You have a genuine personality disorder, there may be help out there for you if you chose to accept it and realise you are locked in a spiral of self destructive behaviour. I don't care about you one way or the other but I'm sure there are those that do.

Xhaka Can’t
19-12-2015, 01:56 PM
From the Calgary Flames forum I'm a member of:

Shouldn't they just make Eva Carneiro the manager? Everything fell apart as soon as she was fired by Jose.

:haha:

Kano
19-12-2015, 02:48 PM
Hiddink confirmed.

Hopefully just the manager way past his best, capable of continuing this comedy show.

Niall_Quinn
19-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Vile mercenary scum manage to win a game. Does this mean they can be bothered now? I'm sure everyone is honoured.

Özim
20-12-2015, 09:10 AM
Simeone being linked with permanent Chelsea job, if that happens we may as well pack up and go home.

Not only will the last really top manager be in a top job, we'll be stuck with Wenger for a good few more years with no decent replacemements about, god help us.

Maestro
20-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Simeone being linked with permanent Chelsea job, if that happens we may as well pack up and go home.

Not only will the last really top manager be in a top job, we'll be stuck with Wenger for a good few more years with no decent replacemements about, god help us.

He's the one clear choice for me to replace Wenger, quality young manager and I really rate him. Would be gutted to see him another PL team. meh, Ivan and Wenget probably wouldn't have chosen him anyway.

The Emirates Gallactico
20-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Hiddink confirmed.

Hopefully just the manager way past his best, capable of continuing this comedy show.

He's failed quite specatuarly in his past two roles so there's a good chance the comedy show will go on for this season at least.

Clearly they're not going to get relegated but I can see them struggling to get into the top half, especially with how the likes of Palace, Everton and the like are playing this year.

Niall_Quinn
23-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Cunta Conte will be the new chav in chief apparently.

Munchies
25-02-2016, 09:07 PM
^ confirmed

BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources - Chelsea expected to appoint Antonio Conte as manager on three-year deal within next ten days

WHo?

Shaqiri Is Boss
25-02-2016, 09:16 PM
http://www.durfee.net/startrek/images/LaForge1.jpg

GP
25-02-2016, 09:48 PM
I never wanted to meet LeVar Burton. I just wanted a picture. You can't disappoint a picture.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2016, 11:06 PM
Chelsea striker Diego Costa has been charged for improper conduct during the FA Cup defeat against Everton on Saturday.

IBK
14-03-2016, 11:32 PM
Chelsea striker Diego Costa has been charged for improper conduct during the FA Cup defeat against Everton on Saturday.

Shame :sulk:

Kano
04-04-2016, 12:18 PM
Cunte announced as new manager on a 3 year deal.

Munchies
04-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Bravo Chelsea

Guy seems like a winner. Changed Juve around too

Not a pathetic f'n loser at our club

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-04-2016, 03:27 PM
I'm going to predict that he won't last the season

Marc Overmars
04-04-2016, 03:42 PM
It's normally surprising when any Chelsea manager lasts the season.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
04-04-2016, 07:14 PM
It's normally surprising when any Chelsea manager lasts the season.

I didn't say it was a bold prediction

fakeyank
13-04-2016, 06:42 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15116/10241253/hazards-rapid-decline

Azzah- An analysis of the greatest PL players stats

McNamara That Ghost...
11-05-2016, 07:21 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10278052/chelsea-and-adidas-agree-to-end-partnership-six-years-early-in-2017

Hope they end up with Asics.

GP
11-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Have you seen Chelsea's new kit?

Looks like pyjamas.

Xhaka Can’t
11-05-2016, 08:48 PM
I sleep in my underpants

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Big Man offered a one year deal said a Sky Sports text update.

Let it go Chelsea.

Kano
13-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Fuck. Looks like we'll have to suffer a prolonged, Gerard-esque send-off too.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Suppose it's a good thing if he keeps up the same level and still politics his way in to the starting XI.

Niall_Quinn
16-12-2016, 09:14 AM
Cesc eyeing up a possible move to China, according to the fake news media.

Sad end to a player who could have been an Arsenal legend, if true. Just goes to show that having Barca DNA is a disease.

GP
16-12-2016, 09:17 AM
I hear they are working on a process for screening Barca DNA in utero, which will at least give the parents the option to terminate.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-12-2016, 08:13 PM
I hear they are working on a process for screening Barca DNA in utero, which will at least give the parents the option to terminate.

I think they'll pass.

Marc Overmars
23-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Chelsea agree to sell Oscar for 60m. :lol:

GP
23-12-2016, 10:15 AM
I think we could get at least £5m for Letters at this rate.

Letters
23-12-2016, 10:28 AM
Signing on fees :bow:

Goonermerree
23-12-2016, 11:32 AM
Pure greed these days, just pure greed. :sulk:

Shaqiri Is Boss
23-12-2016, 04:29 PM
I don't think I actually like football anymore.

I only pay any interest out of habit and to be able to keep up in conversation.

Apart from that it's all just a bit shit.

Niall_Quinn
23-12-2016, 06:44 PM
I don't think I actually like football anymore.

I only pay any interest out of habit and to be able to keep up in conversation.

Apart from that it's all just a bit shit.

There are moments.

I really enjoyed the last Copa final. Nothing since though. I think I watch more 80s and 90s re-runs than live games these days. Some seriously great payers got paid a 10th of what these mediocre ponies are getting. Not that I blame a kid for taking a million quid if a bunch of idiots are prepared to throw it at him. Won't be my money any more though. Not that I could even afford it if I was dumb enough to want to.

I was watching the AFTV lot, getting all worked up about the same shit happening for the 99th time. It's such a drama. All I could think was, fuck, I'm glad that's not me.

GP
13-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Diego Costa to China

:pray:

Marc Overmars
13-01-2017, 08:01 PM
That would be pretty hilarious.

AFC Leveller
13-01-2017, 08:40 PM
He's been dropped lol

McNamara That Ghost...
13-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Wages offered of £30 million a year from China allegedly.

Also Conte allegedly said 'go to China' :haha: :bow:

How much is our Puma kit deal again? :lol:

Niall_Quinn
13-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Fans need to start treating these players appropriately. Is it illegal to defecate in your own hand and lob it? Is there an actual law that says you can't do that? I would love to see these greedy bastards getting pelted with excrement every time the stepped onto a pitch.

Niall_Quinn
15-07-2017, 09:34 PM
Bakayoko told the club website: 'I am very happy to be here and to join this great team. I have grown up watching Chelsea. Signing was the natural thing for me because it is a club I loved very much in my childhood.

His boyhood club. Well that's nice (and convenient).

GP
15-07-2017, 09:49 PM
His boyhood club. Well that's nice (and convenient).

Michael Duberry was his hero.

Can you prove he wasn't?

Niall_Quinn
15-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Michael Duberry was his hero.

Can you prove he wasn't?

I just find it a heartwarming story in the cynical world of football.

Niall_Quinn
25-07-2017, 02:10 PM
"Fuck China"

"Wake up China you lazy idiot!"

:haha:

PL and chavs are falling over themselves to apologise for Kenedy's social media efforts. Apparently he insulted a bunch a human rights abusers on their own patch. Disgraceful behaviour. Tarnishing China's good name like that.

Niall_Quinn
14-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Chelsea have treated me like a criminal and I am waiting for them to set me free...

Poor Diego Costa. He's being forced to earn a hundred grand a week for sitting on his arse. Just awful how these players are treated. They really have a firm grasp of the real world the rest of us have to live in so we can work and pay their wages.

I started a FREE COSTA fan page on Facebook but got swamped by a bunch of deadbeats looking for free coffee. Try to ignore them when you are making your contribution to this most worthy cause.

Niall_Quinn
07-02-2018, 08:47 PM
Enrique has signed a contract apparently. According to the media hacks. So I guess Conte will be getting the boot any day now.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-05-2018, 07:36 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44315033

Oh dear. :haha:

Marc Overmars
31-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Could this finally be the start of the fabled "when Abramovich leaves, Chelsea are fucked" prophecy?

Cripps
31-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Roman not willing to pay the £7m release clause for Sarri, not investing in top players at Chelsea anymore, shelving stadium plans, penny pinching in general.

Looks like Roman has lost interest.

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2018, 09:14 PM
Could this finally be the start of the fabled "when Abramovich leaves, Chelsea are fucked" prophecy?

Wenger leaves.
Abramovich leaves.
Just need the Arabs to run out of oil and we are sitting pretty.

Cripps
31-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Laurent Blanc prime candidate for Chelsea job with Avram Grant in running if search for new boss remains a struggle... after Roman Abramovich's plans for new stadium are put on hold https://t.co/leqUOKysJI | @Matt_Lawton_DM @SamiMokbel81_DM https://t.co/YleZo4E0ol

:lol: :rose:

The Emirates Gallactico
31-05-2018, 10:07 PM

They're pretty much self sustaining like us these days so it won't be as critical as it would have been a decade ago where they would have done a Leeds if not even worse of Roman suddenly pulled the plug.

That being said they don't have the same matchday income that us and Spurs will soon have and their only advantage is a slight boost in sponsorship revenue thanks their more recent success on the pitch. I dunno, I wouldn't be surprised if both us and Spurs soon overtake them in terms of status if this is Roman fully out of the game.

Letters
01-06-2018, 12:51 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44332603

:popcorn:

GP
01-06-2018, 01:26 PM
Bake him away, toys.

Özim
01-06-2018, 01:52 PM
Abramovich won't pull the plug anyway, worst case scenario he sells Chelsea and gets much of his money back and they have another billionaire in charge. Chelsea will be fine, he's obviously annoyed at the situation and doesn't want to invest huge amounts without being able to mae the most of it.

Cripps
01-06-2018, 02:20 PM
Napoli have appointed Ancelotti but won't release Sarri from his contract so they currently have 2 managers :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
01-06-2018, 07:29 PM
Abramovich won't pull the plug anyway, worst case scenario he sells Chelsea and gets much of his money back and they have another billionaire in charge. Chelsea will be fine, he's obviously annoyed at the situation and doesn't want to invest huge amounts without being able to mae the most of it.

He'd only get his money back on the value of the club, not the 'loans' he has given them over the years.

Xhaka Can’t
01-06-2018, 07:29 PM
It worked for Palace

Mac76
04-06-2018, 08:25 AM
It's possible Conte might do one more season if Abramovic doesn't want to fund his payoff, would be a funny situation but that's nothing new at Chelsea

Marc Overmars
12-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Conte has apparently been sacked. :faint:

Bizarre time to do it, right as pre-season is underway. If they didn’t want him they should have got rid at the end of the season and given a new manager the full summer to work with.

Özim
12-07-2018, 03:01 PM
Deserved it to be fair, Chelsea were awful last season, you can't deliver such rubbish at a club with such high expectations, selling Costa because he didn't get on with him was a shocker, letting personal conflicts interfere with what's good for the team is a bad idea.

LDG
12-07-2018, 03:05 PM
Conte has apparently been sacked. :faint:

Bizarre time to do it, right as pre-season is underway. If they didn’t want him they should have got rid at the end of the season and given a new manager the full summer to work with.

Might be after an international manager?

Globalgunner
12-07-2018, 03:31 PM
Wenger in!

Özim
12-07-2018, 03:34 PM
That would be hilarious!

I am invisible
13-07-2018, 07:51 AM
Sampaoli sounds perfect for them...

Argentina players reportedly ignoring manager Jorge Sampaoli, making decisions for themselves (https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2018/6/24/17497862/argentina-mutiny-jorge-sampaoli-player-revolt-2018-world-cup)

...exactly the kind of spineless patsy they've been after for years!

I am invisible
13-07-2018, 07:55 AM
Or, better yet, JT! He's ready.

Letters
14-07-2018, 09:29 AM
Sarri seems to be the hardest word...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44825638

Ralpheroo72
14-07-2018, 11:23 AM
Sarri signs 3 year deal, with a view to being sacked after 1. Jorginho has followed him to Chavland.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2018, 07:34 AM
Chelsea are up for sale according to the Times, though everywhere else seems to be denying that's the case. :lol:

Globalgunner
26-08-2018, 08:05 AM
Chelsea are up for sale according to the Times, though everywhere else seems to be denying that's the case. :lol:

A certain Uzbeck I know, has a lot of cash at hand

Marc Overmars
22-02-2019, 09:57 AM
Chelsea have been banned from signing players for 2 transfer windows. :haha:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47329293

dazthegooner
22-02-2019, 10:00 AM
That's Sarri fucked. And any other manager that takes over Zindane as said he would want £200 million for transfers and to keep Hazard.

Marc Overmars
22-02-2019, 10:20 AM
I’m not convinced it will be upheld but if it is they’re in trouble.

Mac76
22-02-2019, 10:28 AM
i didn't know Fifa could do that but it's a good sanction, it's never made sense just to fine the clubs with loads of money

Hazard will be out the door no question

Marc Overmars
16-06-2019, 01:18 PM
Juve appoint Sarri.

Lampard likely to be his successor.

dazthegooner
16-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Think the Chelsea job would be too soon for Lampard he's still managergerial breast feeding...

Globalgunner
16-06-2019, 03:45 PM
So thats both Chelsea and United handicapping themselves for next season. Top 4 should be a shoo in for us.....no?

This is an example of the problem with the human condition. Lampard knows that the Chelsea job is not right for him now. It will always be there for him. But we seldom have the nous for self introspection. He will likely tank at Chelsea and ruin his prospects for another club, whereas winning something with Derby will failure proof himself for at least the next 10 years.

Mac76
17-06-2019, 09:45 AM
So thats both Chelsea and United handicapping themselves for next season. Top 4 should be a shoo in for us.....no?

This is an example of the problem with the human condition. Lampard knows that the Chelsea job is not right for him now. It will always be there for him. But we seldom have the nous for self introspection. He will likely tank at Chelsea and ruin his prospects for another club, whereas winning something with Derby will failure proof himself for at least the next 10 years.

You're right but Lampard might think that if for any reason things don't go right at Derby, he might not be so attractive to Chelsea. but if i was him i'd seek as many assurances as possible that they would give him 3 years and be prepared to wait a season or two while he gets bedded in

Marc Overmars
17-06-2019, 09:55 AM
It might be the only time Abramovich decides to go down this route because of the transfer ban, so for Lampard it might be a now or never moment. He could be a manager for another 20 years if he wanted to, so failure for him at this stage of his career isn’t going to finish him. He’s got nothing to lose.

SMatthews
17-06-2019, 11:10 AM
If Lampard continued to rise as a manager then I think he'd have other opportunities with Chelsea, especially given how often they change manager. But he won't get any assurances - no manager does in the modern game. He's ideal for Chelsea now as he's done well with a crop of young players, which is the directive Lampard would be given if the transfer bans holds up at the Chavs.

Mac76
17-06-2019, 11:55 AM
yeah the transfer ban does make him more attractive for the resoasn you both give - and i get that assurances don;t count for much, but as much as they exist he should try to get what he can - which i'm sure he will.

ou'd like to think Chelsea would get that he's a special person to the club and so not treat him as so disposable

i really hope Sarri goes on to win loads btw and sticks it to the chavs

McNamara That Ghost...
04-07-2019, 08:07 AM
Lampard is appointed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48632172

Letters
04-07-2019, 09:13 AM
Strange one IMO. No pedigree as a manager at this level.
The old "he was a great player for us therefore he'll be a great manager" logic doesn't really work.

Globalgunner
04-07-2019, 01:05 PM
United and Chelsea handing us 4th place on a plate. Im off to place a bet. Who`se with me?

dazthegooner
04-07-2019, 01:58 PM
Yeah what with Zaha helping us with everything what's not to gain? lol

Letters
04-07-2019, 02:00 PM
Who`se with me?
Anyone who hasn't watched Arsenal over the last couple of seasons?

McNamara That Ghost...
04-07-2019, 03:24 PM
United and Chelsea handing us 4th place on a plate. Im off to place a bet. Who`se with me?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48868335

If you can find one open.

Letters
05-07-2019, 06:14 AM
https://newsthump.com/2019/07/04/frank-lampard-starts-new-temp-job-on-the-fulham-road/

:d