PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

GP
29-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Dunnno.

He's good, but one of the biggest criticisms of our players is that they don't work hard enough. Berbatov's not going to solve that issue.

Darth Vela
29-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Plus, he's played for both the Spuds and the Mancs, admittedly he left the Spuds in the lurch and has put in some commendably awful performances for the Mancs but still, would we open him with open arms?

Just buy Samba and alternate him between CB and CF.

Boss
29-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Berbatov would be a huge waste of money given he'd cost 20M+

Would rather get Falcao or Neymar.

That said, doubt we're buying a high profile striker this year.

Toronto Gooner
29-05-2011, 12:58 PM
No to Berbatov.

AKBapologist
29-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Doubt he'd go for 20mill. United want to offload a 30yo with a year left on his contract. Top scorer or not, he's not the type of forward anyone barr spuds are looking for. 10-15mill tbh.

AKBapologist
29-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Summary

- Official Transfer window for domestic players opened last monday.
- International players can be confirmed from the 1st of July (or 9th depending on some 12 week ruling - will need to check this) so no Arsenal.com announcements until then I think.
- Season ticket renewal deadline is on the 8th of June, euro qualifiers also happen around about that time - so expect some early activity just before or within a week after that period.

We have bid 30mill euro's for Falcao according to the players agent.
Falcao is a striker for Porto, 25yo - 75 goals in +80 matches over two seasons... I would describe him as a rich mans eduardo.
Spuds have so far bid for the player, reports suggest 18mill. (some rumors suggest they've dropped out)
Players buy out clause has been matched by our bid, hasn't signed a contract extension with porto - so it's up to the player if he really wants to move or not.

We're interested in Gervinho.
Lille winger, direct, powerful, Ivorian 23yo. 18 goals, 10 assists last season for the title winning side.
Newcastle is also interested, however he wants to play CL footie next season (either here or at Lille)
Will probably make mind up after qualifiers. Out of contract next year so would come on the cheap (10mill) unlike Hazard.
Probably the most likeliest signing this summer out of all the rumors so far

Interested in Ricky Alvarez - relative unknown playing as a winger in Argentina
Could be the next Kaka... Or a flop - Talented, but does he work hard enough?
23yo, scored 5 in one season - we've sent people to negotiate according to youngguns - over and at 5-10mill it might be worth a punt - you never really know with these ones.
Roma are also interested.

Interested in Chris Samba - blackburn center back although no quotes to back up any of the rumors.
6ft 5in - strong in the air, but berbs and hernandez ran rings around him at old trafford in blackburns customary capitulation to united.
Was close to signing him in winter, but signed a new deal with blackburn instead.
No idea on price, no other competition for the player afiak.

We've signed Hector Belerin and Jon Toral from the Barca academy.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6952911,00.html

Lots of noise about random players, from Kalou, Gameiro, downing, lots and lots of others linked. However forget about Cahill with bolton asking for silly money.

We're still negotiating with Charlton for left back Carl Jenkinson (Although Finnish FA reports he's already signed)

Arsene likes Benzema - however unless Real buy two new stikers this season (with Adebyor leaving) I don't see Benzema leaving RM.

Nasri delaying on signing new contract
Rumors has it that he wants to see who we sign before committing more time to the club.

Bendtner wants out
No news of bids

So does Denilson
No news of bids or replacements lined up.

Clichy rejected contract deal, looks to be on his way out.
No solid rumors on replacements although there are rumblings of Izaguirre, Baines and a few others though I wouldn't be surprised if Bartley came back as left back (where he normally plays with Rangers) with Gibbs next season.

Lansbury and Bartley haven't extended contracts yet, could be pushed out this year instead of jump on a free next year.

Vela, Arshavin both say that there staying. With Arshavin already paying a lease for another year at his mansion, I don't see Arshavin leaving unless someone really makes a decent offer.

No news on Rosicky, Alumina either.

Rumors have Barca president staying behind in london to negotiate Cescs transfer - doubt we'll sell for anything less than 50mill. Don't think Cesc or Barca cares enough for a deal to happen this summer.

AKBapologist
29-05-2011, 08:46 PM
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.caracol.com.co%2Fnota.aspx%3Fid %3D1480395
Porto offers falcao new contract offer 200k a week till 2015 - double what we could offer. Sometimes I wonder what the point is. May as well accept mid table medicoracy.

Marc Overmars
29-05-2011, 08:49 PM
It wouldn't surprise me anyway if his agent only named us and Spurs to force Porto into offering him the deal he wants.

AKBapologist
29-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Point is, we couldnt just turn around and offer the same amount like chavs, united or city can. Another thing that annoys me is we have so many people whining about our wage bill. It's still 20mill less than uniteds, the next highest. That's 4 players on 100k, or 8 chamakhs. /rant

Özim
29-05-2011, 09:45 PM
If you believe the reports about Clichy they reckon Wenger is after just 5.5 million for him.

Also if Nasri doesn't sign he'll be another cut price sale with just one year left on his contract.

Boss
29-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Kicker say that Bayern will be signing Rafinha for their LB position so that would rule them out. Meaning Clichy would go to Italy if he does move. Not sure which of the top Italian clubs need a fullback given I don't follow the league.

Kaiser
29-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Rafinha is a RB, so Lahm could move to the left. Inter will probably sign Nagamoto permanently, no? AC Milan signed Taiwo and Mexes on Bosmans so don't need Clichy, but maybe Juve might want him.

Btw, Lille's Yohan Cabaye is apparently set to sign for Newcastle for €5m.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-05-2011, 11:09 PM
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.caracol.com.co%2Fnota.aspx%3Fid %3D1480395
Porto offers falcao new contract offer 200k a week till 2015 - double what we could offer. Sometimes I wonder what the point is. May as well accept mid table medicoracy.

I swear it says they offer him 200K a week in euros so in pounds that would be 150K still much more then what we aould offer.

tbh we were more likely to get Benzema then Falcao.

GP
29-05-2011, 11:10 PM
I swear it says they offer him 200K a week in euros so in pounds that would be 150K still much more then what we aould offer.

It's closer to £175k. Madness.

Cripps_orig
29-05-2011, 11:16 PM
I know hes had a terrific season but what was he like before this season?

How come we've never heard of him til now?

£200k a week? They can keep him for that

Marc Overmars
29-05-2011, 11:19 PM
I know hes had a terrific season but what was he like before this season?

How come we've never heard of him til now?

£200k a week? They can keep him for that

Almost as good as this year. He scored 34 in 43 games, so his strike rate is pretty insane. He was the one that took advantage of Sol and Fabianski fucking up in the CL.

The Wengerbabies
29-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Aaron Ramsey (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/98681/Aaron-Ramsey) expects Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/manager?id=5) to be a busy man during the summer transfer window.
http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/design05/images/2011/0508/aaronramseystoke20110508_275x155.jpgGettyImagesAar on Ramsey: Signed from Cardiff for £4.8 million in 2008

• Milan rule out Fabregas move (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/923581/ac-milan-chief-adriano-galliani-rules-out-move-for-cesc-fabregas?cc=5739)
Wales international Ramsey reckons a number of new players will arrive at the Emirates Stadium but he also predicts some familiar faces will leave.
Changes need to be made after Arsenal ended their sixth season without a trophy, despite challenging on four fronts. The Gunners' Carling Cup final defeat to Birmingham preceded a collapse that saw Wenger's side exit the Champions League, the FA Cup and the Premier League title race.
Wenger will now splash the cash to bring in some new recruits in the summer and it is a move that Ramsey, 20, welcomes.
"I expect Arsene will be active in the transfer market," he told The People. "There have been a few names mentioned and I am sure there will be a few players in and out.
"Obviously we haven't won anything for a long time. The pressure has grown and the fans have been quite vocal lately. But the spirit in the dressing room is the same as always.
"Everyone gets on with each other so there is nothing wrong there and, hopefully, we can win a trophy next season."
Reported Arsenal targets include Blackburn defender Chris Samba and team-mate Phil Jones (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/140032/Phil-Jones), West Ham's Scott Parker (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/7685/Scott-Parker) and Shalke keeper Manuel Neuer (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/84774/Manuel-Neuer). Arsenal duo Nicklas Bendtner (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/71647/Nicklas-Bendtner) and Andrei Arshavin (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/22873/Andrei-Arshavin) could be amongst the players on their way out.
(http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;222582760;45863272;k?http://forums.soccernet.com/)

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/924353/ramsey-expects-new-signings-at-arsenal?cc=5739

Darth Vela
30-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Point is, we couldnt just turn around and offer the same amount like chavs, united or city can. Another thing that annoys me is we have so many people whining about our wage bill. It's still 20mill less than uniteds, the next highest. That's 4 players on 100k, or 8 chamakhs. /rant

Apparently it's a lot easier than that, you just say 'here's the fucking money, I'm spending it' and they hand over top class players, pretty sure that's how it works.;)

Toronto Gooner
30-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Apparently it's a lot easier than that, you just say 'here's the fucking money, I'm spending it' and they hand over top class players, pretty sure that's how it works.;)
Darth, the full wording is "here's the fucking money, it was picked fresh from the trees this morning......":)

toothless gibbon
30-05-2011, 03:54 PM

It says 200k euros per month people, Denilson is on more....

Darth Vela
30-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Darth, the full wording is "here's the fucking money, it was picked fresh from the trees this morning......":)

:lol:

My mistake, gotta look after those trees.

Niall_Quinn
30-05-2011, 04:25 PM

My mistake, gotta look after those trees.

LOL. Some Arsenal fans are just ridiculous. Don't they know it's impossible to sign players, if you exclude Utd, Chelsea, City, Pool and even THFC FFS!? Other than our main competitors, the clubs we claim we are competing against, nobody is able to sign top players. It's high time Arsenal fans got a bit more realistic and toned their ambitions down to match the board's and the manager's expectations. What we need is complacency and resignation (not in terms of employment of course, I mean we need to embrace being second best as a club culture). All this talk of signing quality needs to stop. If we just keep on doing what we have been doing over the last 6 years things will come good. You've heard the old saying, it is a sign of insanity not to keep repeating the mistakes of the past. We must remember, we are the club where Bergkamp, Henry and Pires plied their trade - it's just silly and fanciful to expect better signings than Koscielny, Squillaci and Chamakh. What we need to do is sacrifice as many seasons as is required to allow these currently mediocre yet soon to be immensely talented players to acclimatise. That's the smart move which has been in the process of working for us over the past six years. It may look like the entire project has been a catastrophic failure that has yielded precisely none of the promised benefits of either the stadium move or the youth policy. But we need to give it an open-ended period of time to succeed, we are building a team for the future. Never forget that. In that bright future, bargain basement journeymen and overpaid, over-hyped mediocre players will be the key to domestic and European domination. Wait and see. Everyone needs to shut up, hold their nerve and keep drinking the WengerAde. It's on!

Ironing
30-05-2011, 05:08 PM
LOL. Some Arsenal fans are just ridiculous. Don't they know it's impossible to sign players, if you exclude Utd, Chelsea, City, Pool and even THFC FFS!? Other than our main competitors, the clubs we claim we are competing against, nobody is able to sign top players. It's high time Arsenal fans got a bit more realistic and toned their ambitions down to match the board's and the manager's expectations. What we need is complacency and resignation (not in terms of employment of course, I mean we need to embrace being second best as a club culture). All this talk of signing quality needs to stop. If we just keep on doing what we have been doing over the last 6 years things will come good. You've heard the old saying, it is a sign of insanity not to keep repeating the mistakes of the past. We must remember, we are the club where Bergkamp, Henry and Pires plied their trade - it's just silly and fanciful to expect better signings than Koscielny, Squillaci and Chamakh. What we need to do is sacrifice as many seasons as is required to allow these currently mediocre yet soon to be immensely talented players to acclimatise. That's the smart move which has been in the process of working for us over the past six years. It may look like the entire project has been a catastrophic failure that has yielded precisely none of the promised benefits of either the stadium move or the youth policy. But we need to give it an open-ended period of time to succeed, we are building a team for the future. Never forget that. In that bright future, bargain basement journeymen and overpaid, over-hyped mediocre players will be the key to domestic and European domination. Wait and see. Everyone needs to shut up, hold their nerve and keep drinking the WengerAde. It's on!

:hug:

AKBapologist
30-05-2011, 05:19 PM
It says 200k euros per month people, Denilson is on more....
In that case... It's on....

Denilson is off to Roma for £4.3mill

Allardyce new West Ham

And lol
http://www.sportingo.com/football/a21081_arsenal-as-roma-bosses-meet-sensational-transfer-swap

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 05:21 PM
De Rossi :bow:

AKBapologist
30-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Tottenham has signed Aston Villa and former United States International goalkeeper Brad Friedel
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1614/americans-abroad/2011/05/30/2510484/report-tottenham-has-signed-aston-villa-and-former-united-states-?

Darth Vela
30-05-2011, 08:46 PM

Good to see you've come around at last. Go see vpgreg for the official welcome pack :good:

In all seriousness, another signing similar to Koscielny would be welcome, different type of CB but same level of performance would be awesome.

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Same level of performance?

As Koscielny?

Are you sure?

Do we really need another average CB who makes mistakes every other game?

Özim
30-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Good to see you've come around at last. Go see vpgreg for the official welcome pack :good:

In all seriousness, another signing similar to Koscielny would be welcome, different type of CB but same level of performance would be awesome.
No thanks, don't want another big game bottler at the club.

The Realist
30-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Former Arsenal legends Ray Parlour and Nigel Winterburn have recently called for Arsene Wenger to change his youth policy and bring in some new players this summer.

Words of Wisdom :bow:

The Wengerbabies
30-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Tottenham has signed Aston Villa and former United States International goalkeeper Brad Friedel
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1614/americans-abroad/2011/05/30/2510484/report-tottenham-has-signed-aston-villa-and-former-united-states-?
Nooooooooooo

Always liked Friedel

Niall_Quinn
30-05-2011, 10:01 PM

We all have opinions and that's a good thing. But our opinions don't change the evidence. This guy probably did more to induce the latest annual end of season collapse than any other player. When he was called to perform, at that key moment he failed catastrophically. These moments count. Like Bendtner's miss that would have made all the Barca hoopla this week never happen because we would have knocked them out. What would a quality defender have given us in that one moment against Birmingham? What would a quality striker have delivered in that one moment against Barca? It's all fine margins and when you have the best you can tip those margins in your favour. When you have second rate players like Koscielny and Bendtner then you end up on the losing side of the equation. Just as we have year after year after year. Unsurprisingly, when we had quality players the outcome was reversed - we won. So no, I'd rather not see another Koscielny in the team. I don't see what that would give us other than more of what we have become used to. Absolute failure. I would rather we spent the money and bought a decent defender, in the same way Utd, Chelsea do. You can see their results too and examine their trophy cabinets. Even City have a trophy stashed away now. Nothing for us thought because we buy sub-standard and so we get sub-standard performance. What I'm saying is not an opinion, it's just a summary of the evidence.

Ironing
30-05-2011, 10:26 PM
We all have opinions and that's a good thing. But our opinions don't change the evidence. This guy probably did more to induce the latest annual end of season collapse than any other player. When he was called to perform, at that key moment he failed catastrophically. These moments count. Like Bendtner's miss that would have made all the Barca hoopla this week never happen because we would have knocked them out. What would a quality defender have given us in that one moment against Birmingham? What would a quality striker have delivered in that one moment against Barca? It's all fine margins and when you have the best you can tip those margins in your favour. When you have second rate players like Koscielny and Bendtner then you end up on the losing side of the equation. Just as we have year after year after year. Unsurprisingly, when we had quality players the outcome was reversed - we won. So no, I'd rather not see another Koscielny in the team. I don't see what that would give us other than more of what we have become used to. Absolute failure. I would rather we spent the money and bought a decent defender, in the same way Utd, Chelsea do. You can see their results too and examine their trophy cabinets. Even City have a trophy stashed away now. Nothing for us thought because we buy sub-standard and so we get sub-standard performance. What I'm saying is not an opinion, it's just a summary of the evidence.

:gp:

Darth Vela
30-05-2011, 10:38 PM

So, one miscommunication at the back and that nullifies all the good work he did? I agree that it's fine margins and in that case he made a difference in the worst possible way but look at the number of times Vidic has given away stupid fouls in significant areas, one of the best defenders in the Prem making mistakes that could make a difference in the end. The reason they didn't matter? The rest of the team was able to cancel them out by scoring the goals/defending the corners/not sending off Neville, we didn't do that and that's a bigger issue, the big issue in fact imo.

And what you're saying is an opinion, the evidence is that he has made mistakes, that proves the grand theory that he is in fact, human.

Özim
30-05-2011, 11:25 PM
So, one miscommunication at the back and that nullifies all the good work he did? I agree that it's fine margins and in that case he made a difference in the worst possible way but look at the number of times Vidic has given away stupid fouls in significant areas, one of the best defenders in the Prem making mistakes that could make a difference in the end. The reason they didn't matter? The rest of the team was able to cancel them out by scoring the goals/defending the corners/not sending off Neville, we didn't do that and that's a bigger issue, the big issue in fact imo.

And what you're saying is an opinion, the evidence is that he has made mistakes, that proves the grand theory that he is in fact, human.
One miscommunication, are you kidding?

He's been repeatedly at fault in many key games and to be honest doing OK in a few games doesn't make up for that. The better defenders don't lose concentration as often as he does, nor do they cost their teams goals as much as he does.

His contribution this season is vastly overrated by some IMO, it's been a very average season by a very average defender.

At best he's a 4th choice defender.

Niall_Quinn
30-05-2011, 11:34 PM

Yes, human error is often the cause of train wrecks and plane crashes. If Kos and Vidic were pilots, which plane would you get on? Let's get real, haven't we made enough excuses for our players now? Isn't it time to take off the rose coloured tints and have a look at the Arsenal team from top to bottom and view things realistically in the context of the results and performances this team has achieved (or failed to achieve)? We've paid a heavy price for carrying players like Bendtner for so long. I hope we don't have to pay it again with players like Koscielny and Chamakh. But I think we will unless somebody in authority wises up fast. And look at the other misfit Squillaci, and Silvestre, Cygan and Stepanovs before him. Add them all up, the wages, the wasted points and lost trophies. Have this lot really been cheaper than buying a proper defender? I think they've been bloody expensive and if you look at Koscielny's record so far, how much has he cost us? Too much I would say. How much will he pay back? Too little. Certainly in my opinion, based on the evidence so far and taking into account Wenger's scandalous track record when it comes to the defence.

Sirjackofwilshere
30-05-2011, 11:48 PM
DarrenArsenal1 (http://twitter.com/#%21/DarrenArsenal1) Darren

So Arsene on way to South America revealed on French Radio...come back with Neymar and that would be a nice present

DarrenArsenal1 (http://twitter.com/#%21/DarrenArsenal1) Darren

Probably more likely to be Ganso or Alvarez ... But live in hope for Neymar, but I'm sure £10m won't cut it LOL

:partytime:

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Barcelona's opening offer for Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas this summer is £30m. Arsenal want £50m and may stand a better chance of getting it from Manchester City.
Full story: Daily Mirror (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Barcelona-have-launched-their-latest-attempt-to-sign-Cesc-Fabregas-but-face-being-outbid-by-Manchester-City-article742907.html)

AKBapologist
31-05-2011, 12:04 AM
Not on holiday after all...

Wenger was on french radio RTL interviewed by Lizarazu

Wenger - We couldn't cope with pressure defensively in the second part of the season. It's been the most frustrating season.

AW - We didn't manage to kill the games, and it's down to maturity.

AW - We'll invest in players who can bring something more to the team, and that won't be easy

AW - We'll invest in defense because it's been our weakness ...

AW - Defensive players based in Premier League, because we've dropped points in place where it's typical english football

AW - This year, there's no interest for Cesc. So I want to keep him because he's the best midfielder in the world and he's our captain.

AW - What is certain is we won't sell Nasri to Man utd

AW - With Nasri there's a little disagreement on the financial terms of his new contract.

AW - I wont go on holiday, I'll go soon in South America to watch [players]

AW - the target is to keep our qualities, strengthen them and get rid of our weaknesses. We still have to improve offensively.

Things are looking ominous for nasri.

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Barcelona have already agreed a £35million deal to sign Villarreal’s former Manchester United striker Giuseppe Rossi and Guardiola is determined to get Fabregas.

So they'll pay £35mill for Rossi but want Fabregas for £30mill? £50mill is an insult, £70mill must be the starting point if they value Rossi at £35mill. I suspect we'll beat them down to £25mill.

The Realist
31-05-2011, 12:11 AM

That article says 'reportedly', therefore the deal hasn't been completed yet (if it is true).

Doesn't bother me anyway - we've got Szczesny. :bow:

Flavs
31-05-2011, 05:00 AM
Sevilla are set to offer Arsenal £8m for unsettled Brazilian midfielder Denilson.
Full story: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1392520/Sevilla-set-offer-8m-Arsenals-Denilson.html)

:wave:

AKBapologist
31-05-2011, 07:31 AM
Alternative quotes from wengers interview
http://www.ashburtongrove.co.uk/2011/05/wenger-on-fabregas-future-nasris.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AshburtonGrove+%28AshburtonGr ove.co.uk%29

Japan Shaking All Over
31-05-2011, 08:08 AM
Sevilla are set to offer Arsenal £8m for unsettled Brazilian midfielder Denilson.
Full story: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1392520/Sevilla-set-offer-8m-Arsenals-Denilson.html)

there you go.......he will join that team, become the team's passer percentage wise due to his forte to play square balls all of 2 feet and then get himself quoted in the paper for claiming that he wants to leave because the team lacks ambition!

the career of Denilson wrapped up in a nutshell

Özim
31-05-2011, 08:15 AM

8 million :haha:
This will be a bigger mugging than when they ripped us off for Reyes!

Marc Overmars
31-05-2011, 08:18 AM
8m eh, nice little earner for the annual figures.

In other news Scholes has retired. Just Giggs and Fergie to go now.

selassie
31-05-2011, 10:03 AM

Yup NQ, with you all the way on this. :good:

AKBapologist
31-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Decent(ish) article on our finances -

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sEbxoynyRWA/TeShEmlgXMI/AAAAAAAADag/QFZQxhBhR6c/s400/11%2BArsenal%2BWages.jpg
Arsenal’s wage bill of £111 million is still substantially less than Chelsea (£173 million), Manchester City (£133 million) and Manchester United (£132 million), but it is also a lot higher than the chasing pack. In particular, it is a hefty £44 million more than Tottenham (£67 million), who finished just one place lower in the Premier League.

This sometimes comes as a surprise to many fans, given Arsenal’s well-publicised sustainable model, but is due to a couple of factors. They have a large squad and, while the wages at the top end might not be the highest, the fringe players like Denilson and Rosicky are handsomely awarded, as are the young players.

This is a policy that is worth reviewing, as a degree of complacency would appear to have set in at this level and some judicious pruning of the dead wood could free up wages for a couple of genuine world class talents. In addition, it would be worth introducing a higher element of performance-related pay to concentrate the collective mind on striving to win trophies.
http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/05/arsenals-transfer-budget.html?

Marc Overmars
31-05-2011, 10:50 AM
I wish Nasri would just make up his mind. What a prick.

Pretty damaging to the club and Wenger to have key players in limbo like this.

selassie
31-05-2011, 11:07 AM

http://goonertalk.com/2011/05/31/there-is-a-little-disagreement-over-terms-of-nasris-new-contract-admits-wenger/#ixzz1NsxYKal5

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed that discussions with Samir Nasri over a new contract extension have slowed down due to a ‘little’ disagreement over the financial terms offered to the 23-year-old.
Nasri has just one year remaining on his Gunners contract and while talks have stalled recently, the possibility of a move to Old Trafford has been reported in the French media since last week.
Speaking with France legend Bixente Lizarazu for radio station RTL, Wenger said despite problems over the terms of Nasri’s new contract, he is still confident of sorting out a new deal.
“We’ve got a little financial disagreement but I’ll try to make him [Nasri] sign a new contract. I’ll work on that this summer. What is certain is that we won’t be selling Nasri to Manchester United.”
Since joining from Marseille in 2008, Nasri had struggled to make his mark after suffering a spate of unfortunate injuries. However, this season he has established himself as one of the Premier League’s top stars being rewarded with a place in the PFA Team of the Year.

Very worrying, esp the bit where Arsene states he'll try and make Nasri sign a new contract. Very reminiscent of the Flamini situation back in 07.

Initially I wasn't worried about Nasri's contract..but now I actually think Nasri is 60/40 to leave, I think the only thing that will keep him will be if we pay him a big salary (on par with Fabregas) & show some ambition in the market. The problem we have is we won't do that and Nasri knows full well he will get that big salary elsewhere.

Özim
31-05-2011, 11:14 AM
http://goonertalk.com/2011/05/31/there-is-a-little-disagreement-over-terms-of-nasris-new-contract-admits-wenger/#ixzz1NsxYKal5

Very worrying, esp the bit where Arsene states he'll try and make Nasri sign a new contract. Very reminiscent of the Flamini situation back in 07.

Initially I wasn't worried about Nasri's contract..but now I actually think Nasri is 60/40 to leave, I think the only thing that will keep him will be if we pay him a big salary (on par with Fabregas) & show some ambition in the market. The problem we have is we won't do that and Nasri knows full well he will get that big salary elsewhere.
Whenever AW is confident that's usually a bad sign, we've been here before with contract talks. These things can drag on for ages which has two effects, it creates a lot of uncertainty and pretty much guarantees our focus is on re-signing these players rather than signing new ones.

selassie
31-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Whenever AW is confident that's usually a bad sign, we've been here before with contract talks. These things can drag on for ages which has two effects, it creates a lot of uncertainty and pretty much guarantees our focus is on re-signing these players rather than signing new ones.

Yup I agree. I hope AW is ruthless with Nasri because this could potentially screw up a lot of our transfer plans this summer if it drags on. If Nasri wants out then we should sell, no point spending all summer trying to keep players who don't want to be here.

Flavs
31-05-2011, 11:17 AM

He, like us, is waiting to see if Cesc goes. If he does Nasri will re-sign as we will be able to pay him and spend some money on transfers.

Özim
31-05-2011, 11:20 AM
The potential Cesc deal will drag on and on for sure, we want big money for him and Barca won't pay anywhere near what we want.

Eventually I reckon that if Cesc tells us he wants to go we'll have to let him go cut price, but this won't be till the season is looming leaving us with no proper replacements/signings lined-up.

Darth Vela
31-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Yes, human error is often the cause of train wrecks and plane crashes. If Kos and Vidic were pilots, which plane would you get on? Let's get real, haven't we made enough excuses for our players now? Isn't it time to take off the rose coloured tints and have a look at the Arsenal team from top to bottom and view things realistically in the context of the results and performances this team has achieved (or failed to achieve)? We've paid a heavy price for carrying players like Bendtner for so long. I hope we don't have to pay it again with players like Koscielny and Chamakh. But I think we will unless somebody in authority wises up fast. And look at the other misfit Squillaci, and Silvestre, Cygan and Stepanovs before him. Add them all up, the wages, the wasted points and lost trophies. Have this lot really been cheaper than buying a proper defender? I think they've been bloody expensive and if you look at Koscielny's record so far, how much has he cost us? Too much I would say. How much will he pay back? Too little. Certainly in my opinion, based on the evidence so far and taking into account Wenger's scandalous track record when it comes to the defence.

In complete agreement about the general point, guys need to take responsibility and look at what they've done wrong, players and manager included, I just don't think Kos is in that category (nevermind the Stepanovs/Cygan comparison, where there is simply no comparison at all). You're looking at a few mistakes he made and thinking about them individually instead of looking at general levels of performance and the state of our team and defence as a whole, it puts the blinkers on as much as these rose-tinted glasses that seem so unpopular.

AKBapologist
31-05-2011, 02:06 PM
I remember that west ham vs united game. Vidic and Evra where awful. Same vs Liverpool, blackpool, wigan, WBA and City. Rooney bailed them out of two of those occasions, the ref did at WBA and blackpool.

When has our attack bailed out our defense after going 1-2 goals down last season? Hell, I can't even remember coming back to win a game last season after going 1 or 2 goals down. Can't lump all of the blame on the defense... Back in the good old days we always used to go a goal or two behind save in the knowledge we'll inevitably score. We just don't have that any more. Yes, we've conceded more goals than ever under AW, however - we've lost a lot of edge infront of goal too.

Also, a decent post from arsenal-maina's forums

Wage Comparison
Almunia > Mannone (probably earns half of what Almunia earns)
Squillaci = Samba (Samba will probably earn close to or the same amount as Squid)
Clichy = ? (Clichy is on 50-60k a week and any new signing unless a world class signing will probably the same)
Traore > Bothelo (Traore was one of the highest paid youngsters at the club, one of the sticky points of him not going to Benfica in the summer. Bothelo wont earn half as much)
Denilson >> Frimpong (Denilson is on 50k a week and Frimpong is less than one fifth of that so unless we get a new signing here I think we are saving some major cash here)
Rosicky >> Lansbury (Lansbury is on the verge of signing a new deal but even then it will be close to 10-20K which is again significantly lower than what Rosicky is on)
Vela >>> Ryo (Vela signed a new contract till 2015 a season ago and his wages went up a significant amount due to that, Ryo on the other hand was signed as an unknown 18yr old youngster and will be 4-5 times lower than Vela
Bendtner << Falcao only signing that will actually increase our wages by a significant amount although Porto doesn't pay its player a huge amount in wages so it wont be too much

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2011, 02:58 PM
I have no problems with either of the last two posts, agreed it's not all Kos' fault, agreed it's not just the fault of the defence. There are deeply rooted problems running through the entire team, not relegation type problems but problems significant enough to pretty much ensure we can't compete at the top level. And even that could be lived with if the board and Wenger would come clean about the true extent of our ambitions as a club. They say we are seriously challenging for honours, everyone else and his dog says we are chasing a CL spot and that's what really represents success at this club. The board's actions match this limited ambition. So does Wenger's activity in the transfer market. A lot of the anger surely stems from having to listen to Wenger's unrealistic shit whilst at the same time picking through the wreckage of each season. Back to the plane analogy, we crash on landing EVERY TIME. Is it any wonder less and less fans want to get aboard for more of the same? The biggest insult of all is the type of football we are playing now compared to what was delivered just a few years ago. That was the real fun of being an Arsenal fan, watching the great football. That's gone too and all we have left is a diminishing myth. I think we're one of the least entertaining teams in the league now. Is it unfair to say that everything that marked Arsenal out as a team of note has now vanished?

Isn't it also fair to say that unless we can add some quality in the form of signings that can add value to the team, not just technique but actual effectiveness in terms of what it takes to play in the English PL, the players we have now have demonstrated they don't have what it takes to step up a level? There are exceptions. I think we all know who the genuinely talented players are. We have Cesc (when his mind is on Arsenal rather than Barcelona), Nasri (when his mind is on Arsenal rather than his pay packet) and Jack (who is young enough not to be fully immersed in the bullshit yet). That's not enough to build a winning team. Yes we have a few rookies who show a lot of promise but expecting them to make up for the severe lack of experience and know how in the squad is too much. Do I see players like Kos and Chamakh as capable of lifting this team up a notch (which is what we require)? Absolutely not. Where's the evidence they are capable of this? They can fill a gap as far as I'm concerned, but that's it. That's what we have in most positions on the field, adequate players who can plug a hole. Hardly the basis of a winning team.

If Wenger gets his chequebook out and corrects this problem (I doubt we have the money) then the situation might change. But for as long as we're relying on average players to consistently perform at a higher level we're onto a loser. Eventually these players will be found out as we have seen. I'm listening to demands for yet more foreign players, from Argentina, Portugal, Japan, and that just seems to me like another roll of the dice rather than proper corrective action. Maybe these players will work out, maybe immediately maybe after a year maybe after two, perhaps they'll just be more of the usual like a Reyes or a Baptista. There's no way of telling for sure. Signing a whole bunch of foreigners and expecting us to attack the next season as an effective team is unrealistic. That's because we don't have the foundation in place on which to introduce these players and give them time to bed-in. Instead we'll be expecting them to do a job for us from day one. I can't see it happening. What I can see is another season sacrificed.

I have no idea why we don't just make the simple fix and bring in an experienced PL GK, an experienced PL defender, an experienced PL midfielder and an experienced PL striker. A spine in other words. Instead we'll probably end up with more tippy-tap wingers and fluff-ball forwards who may or may not enjoy the London weather. Which will leave us back at square one with players like Kos having to carry a bigger load. I just don't see him as capable of doing it. I don't see TV being capable either tbh. It's all a bit of a mess really. Wenger has fucked up big time.

Darth Vela
31-05-2011, 03:21 PM
The last paragraph hits the nail imo, although I don't think it's easy given the amount of money we know top PL players cost and the kind of wages they expect it'd be worth it; move a few guys on and we'd get enough for a midfielder and CB at least anyway along with some more foreign investment for some class (we ain't gonna get any of the forwards I think would make a difference that are playing in the PL atm), I'd be happy with that.

Toronto Gooner
31-05-2011, 03:42 PM
I have no idea why we don't just make the simple fix and bring in an experienced PL GK, an experienced PL defender, an experienced PL midfielder and an experienced PL striker. A spine in other words. Instead we'll probably end up with more tippy-tap wingers and fluff-ball forwards who may or may not enjoy the London weather. Which will leave us back at square one with players like Kos having to carry a bigger load. I just don't see him as capable of doing it. I don't see TV being capable either tbh. It's all a bit of a mess really. Wenger has fucked up big time.
I suppose my answer would be that it is too simple to fully address the problem. This so-called cure-all solution of buying PL experience (e.g. British) harkens back to a time when that truly made a difference.

As an example, here are the nationalities of the starting players in the three teams above Arsenal, for the final game of the season.

Man U: 2 Brasil; 1 England; Northern Ireland; Scotland; Netherlands; Korea; Portugal; Bulgaria; France; Serbia
Chelsea: 3 England; 2 France; 1 Czech Republic; Brasil; Nigeria; Serbia; Spain; Ghana
Man City: 4 England; 2 Argentina; Belgium; 1 Netherlands; Spain; Ivory Coast

So out of 33 players, there were only 8 English players, and only 10 British players.

AKBapologist
31-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Arsenal and Tottenham target Radamel Falcao has expressed a desire to stay at Porto, but admits his future may be out of his hands.
The prolific Colombian striker has a £30million buy-out clause after his goals helped Porto to league and cup glory last season.
North London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham have both been strongly linked with the player, who could follow in the footsteps of former Porto stars such as Deco, Ricardo Carvalho and Jose Bosingwa by switching to the Premier League.

Falcao said: "I have two more years left on my contract, but we are speaking about a renewal."
But he added: "At Porto, many players, and even the manager, Andre Villas Boas, have clubs interested in them. Porto is the most selling club in the world.
"I am calm because I know that I can play in another championship, but I still do not know if this moment has come."

:banghead:
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/7957/0/arsenal-and-spurs-transfer-target-wants-stay-porto?

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2011, 04:48 PM
I suppose my answer would be that it is too simple to fully address the problem. This so-called cure-all solution of buying PL experience (e.g. British) harkens back to a time when that truly made a difference.

As an example, here are the nationalities of the starting players in the three teams above Arsenal, for the final game of the season.

Man U: 2 Brasil; 1 England; Northern Ireland; Scotland; Netherlands; Korea; Portugal; Bulgaria; France; Serbia
Chelsea: 3 England; 2 France; 1 Czech Republic; Brasil; Nigeria; Serbia; Spain; Ghana
Man City: 4 England; 2 Argentina; Belgium; 1 Netherlands; Spain; Ivory Coast

So out of 33 players, there were only 8 English players, and only 10 British players.

I said players with PL experience, not necessarily British but better if they were. Terry, Lampard, Scholes, Giggs, love 'em or hate 'em the Nevilles, these were the players on which the culture of the most successful teams in recent years were built. It's illustrative that as the careers of these players start to wind down so does the quality of their respective teams. Maybe a coincidence or maybe a vital ingredient has been lost.

Toronto Gooner
31-05-2011, 05:32 PM
I said players with PL experience, not necessarily British but better if they were. Terry, Lampard, Scholes, Giggs, love 'em or hate 'em the Nevilles, these were the players on which the culture of the most successful teams in recent years were built. It's illustrative that as the careers of these players start to wind down so does the quality of their respective teams. Maybe a coincidence or maybe a vital ingredient has been lost.
I was extrapolating your comment. The fact of the matter is that 23 of the 33 starting players did not have "PL" experience when they started in England; yet many of them have made major contributions to the success of their respective teams. Was Hernandez a good buy for Man U even though he did not have PL experience? What about Yaya Toure?

Unai Tea
31-05-2011, 05:35 PM
The bottom line is that in addition to cutting out some of the fat in our team, we need to add a mentality changing player or two - nationality and position is less important. I think PL experience is also secondary but what is essential is someone who can play up tempo, aggresive football and has an attitude which is all about winning. Gattuso would be an example of a player like that although he's obviously too old and Italian football isn't known for being particularly up tempo. But that's the attitude we need - slightly mental but all about winning. Attitude wise, losing Flamini was maybe more impactful on this team than we realise. Whether it's a striker who is relentless in attacking the goal and putting defenses under pressure, or a midfielder who dominates and threatens the middle of the pitch or a defender who refuses to allow attackers to be successful, what we need is that mentality. There's too much doubt and petulance in this squad and that's why we suck down the stretch.

Cripps_orig
31-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Lille president says Hazard will not be sold

Özim
31-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Lille president says Hazard will not be sold
Wenger will probably still be confident he can seal a deal, a la Baptista several years ago when he adamantly said he wasn't moving as he wanted his Spanish passport but Wenger insisted a deal was still on the cards :lol:

Niall_Quinn
31-05-2011, 06:29 PM
I was extrapolating your comment. The fact of the matter is that 23 of the 33 starting players did not have "PL" experience when they started in England; yet many of them have made major contributions to the success of their respective teams. Was Hernandez a good buy for Man U even though he did not have PL experience? What about Yaya Toure?

I'm not dealing in absolutes, there is no subtlety in argument when only extremes are examined. Therefore it is quite obviously possible for a foreign player to be effective in the PL, this much is self evident from the many foreign players doing rather well in the league. However, I maintain both Utd and Chelsea are weaker teams now their British contingent is reduced and no longer as influential. Obviously our own team is a parody of what went before when we had a solid British back five. Since them we've brought in foreigner after foreigner, some have been assets but most liabilities. The character of the club has changed in the process and is now considerably weaker (both physically and mentally) than ever before. Do I like the British style of football? No. Do I accept we play in the British league and the style won't be changing any time soon? Yes. Do I think we'll do better with good, solid PL experience at the heart of the team? We'd have to try it to find out. What we know for certain is that Wenger's shopping trips abroad have turned us into a joke team. So letting him just carry on doing it seems a waste of time and money.

The Realist
31-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Paul Scholes has tallied 33 Premier League assists during his brilliant career over 17 years. Fabregas has 80 assists over 7 years. ##

WengerISaLizard
31-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Paul Scholes has tallied 33 Premier League assists during his brilliant career over 17 years. Fabregas has 80 assists over 7 years. ##

Difference between England and Spains playmaker abilitys probably

AKBapologist
31-05-2011, 11:12 PM
If you believe the mirror...

Bendtner in line for £12m Arsenal exit - agent
Published 23:01 31/05/11 By John Cross

Recommend (3)

Nicklas Bendtner will “easily” fetch around £12million following strong interest from other cubs, claims the out-of-favour Arsenal striker's father and agent Thomas.

The Gunners are being “very realistic” on the price, he claims, and Bayern Munich are expected to make an offer.

“As an agent for Nicklas, I am not told the specific price that Arsenal want. Clubs will sort that out between each other," said Thomas.

“Around £12m sounds very realistic. He has been higher, but the price goes down when he is not playing enough.

“Nicklas has all the qualities to live up to that sort of money, and we can easily find him a club which wants to pay that amount of money.”

Sevilla, meanwhile, are set to follow up their interest in unhappy Arsenal midfielder Denilson with an £8m bid.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Nicklas-Bendtner-set-for-12m-move-with-Bayern-Munich-expected-to-bid-Denilson-8m-Sevilla-target-article743321.html#ixzz1NyTkPcby

Master Splinter
31-05-2011, 11:28 PM
If you believe the mirror...

we can easily find him a club which wants to pay that amount of money.”

Sevilla, meanwhile, are set to follow up their interest in unhappy Arsenal midfielder Denilson with an £8m bid.:pray:

£20m for Dennis Bendtner and Denilson :bow:

Wenger :bow:

Project Youth :bow:.

Japan Shaking All Over
01-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Yes but Scholes has far more medals than Cesc (national team asides!)

it's quite obvious that is isn't just about the individual we have to factor in the team as a whole!

fact of the matter Scholes has been surrounded by quality for the last X amount of years, be foreign or domestic.....Cesc? well I think we all know the answer to that.......and the number of assists he has does not come into it

Japan Shaking All Over
01-06-2011, 06:27 AM
:pray:

£20m for Dennis Bendtner and Denilson :bow:

Wenger :bow:

Project Youth :bow:.

I'd take that.......in a jiffy

but how much of it are we going to see pumped back into the team?

KSE Comedy Club
01-06-2011, 09:30 AM
I'd take that.......in a jiffy

but how much of it are we going to see pumped back into the team?

Zilch.

That money will be going on Nasri's new contract.

The Realist
01-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Yes but Scholes has far more medals than Cesc (national team asides!)

it's quite obvious that is isn't just about the individual we have to factor in the team as a whole!

fact of the matter Scholes has been surrounded by quality for the last X amount of years, be foreign or domestic.....Cesc? well I think we all know the answer to that.......and the number of assists he has does not come into it

Scholes is a great player but I can't even being to imagine how amazing Cesc would be in a world where Barcelona and Spain did not have Xavi.

Cripps_orig
01-06-2011, 10:36 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3612235/Romelu-Lukaku-set-to-decide-on-move-to-England.html

Must get.

Unfortunately he wants to play for a team in the CL. :(

Tony Tuesdays
01-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Denilson's mate Willian is available for as little as £5m from Shaktar. http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/arsenal/arsenal/arsene_wenger_wants_5m_brazilian_star_for_arsenal_ 1_908655?

Tony Tuesdays
01-06-2011, 10:45 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3612235/Romelu-Lukaku-set-to-decide-on-move-to-England.html

Must get.

Unfortunately he wants to play for a team in the CL. :(

I think he'll go to Chelsea.

The Realist
01-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Nothing is going right so far with the summer transfers.

Fabregas- Not publicly saying whether he wants to go or not.
Benzema- Doesn't want to leave.
Nasri- Contract stalled.
Falcao- Confusion surrounding him.
Clichy- No updates?
Bendtner/Almunia/Squillaci- Just go!
3 young players released

Most of all- Wenger still is not making it clear to the fans on how much he is willing to spend.

Cripps_orig
01-06-2011, 12:09 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3612383/Juventus-keeper-Gianluigi-Buffon-has-ruled-out-a-move-to-Arsenal.html

A shame.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Nothing is going right so far with the summer transfers.

Fabregas- Not publicly saying whether he wants to go or not.
Benzema- Doesn't want to leave.
Nasri- Contract stalled.
Falcao- Confusion surrounding him.
Clichy- No updates?
Bendtner/Almunia/Squillaci- Just go!
3 young players released

Most of all- Wenger still is not making it clear to the fans on how much he is willing to spend.

who said things were not going right, who said aw will even spend at all. in his , mind its probs all working out the way he wanted.

Fist of Lehmann
01-06-2011, 12:48 PM

Not a wise move if you're spending your summer haggling.

Flavs
01-06-2011, 02:42 PM
I am pretty sure that journalists trawl through forums and look at who we all think we should sign and then make stories up about it, i have noticed this a lot over the last year or so.

Flavs
01-06-2011, 02:44 PM

Thank fuck for that, we dont want people knowing how much money we have ffs

Cripps_orig
01-06-2011, 10:33 PM
We are close to signing Kristoffer Olsson according to his clubs sporting director

Hes a 15 year old....

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/06/01/2513474/arsenal-close-to-signing-swedish-starlet-kristoffer-olsson

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2011, 10:36 PM
We are close to signing Kristoffer Olsson according to his clubs sporting director

Hes a 15 year old....

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/06/01/2513474/arsenal-close-to-signing-swedish-starlet-kristoffer-olsson

It's on!

Kaiser
01-06-2011, 10:56 PM
We signed him two months ago and he's already played for us, according to Young Guns. Also Marco Silva, a journo, says we'll sign someone by the end of next week, but refuses to say who. Not sure how reliable he is though. He also mentions reports from Italy of a swap of Menez for Clichy, and some other ITK called Freddie Boswell said we're pushing hard for PSG's Sakho.

Master Splinter
01-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Sakho is the new Trabelsi tbh.

AKBapologist
01-06-2011, 11:15 PM
:tumbleweed:

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Lessons learned. Good to see. Roll on 2014.

Cripps_orig
01-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Arsenal, Spurs and Manchester City are targeting cut-price Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain.
Full story: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1393281/Arsenal-Spurs-Man-City-target-Gonzalo-Higuain.html#ixzz1O43sYkJr)

Would love him here

Niall_Quinn
01-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Yep, he'd do. If it has to be non-PL then him or the Inter bloke who looks like he's just gone 10 rounds in the boxing ring, Millito's his name I think. Proper strikers who just put their foot through it when they sniff the goal. We could send Chamakh the other way and pay compensation and damages in advance on top of a transfer fee.

Cripps_orig
01-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Nah keep Chamakh.

Hes done alright for a first season.

Wouldnt mind Milito or Higuain though

Niall_Quinn
02-06-2011, 01:20 AM
Nah keep Chamakh.

Hes done alright for a first season.

Wouldnt mind Milito or Higuain though

No really, I insist, Chamakh goes the other way. Unless he's booked in for a serious man-up course over the summer.

Titi14
02-06-2011, 01:24 AM
No really, I insist, Chamakh goes the other way. Unless he's booked in for a serious man-up course over the summer.

Agreed, and i reckon we should sign all the strikers we've been linked with so far and try a couple out at the back. An aggressive form of total football is the only way to cure the trophy drought

Japan Shaking All Over
02-06-2011, 01:29 AM
saw that too about Higuain.........time to change my wish list! but we also could do with a better target man.......

but what is 'cut price' actually going to cost???

(where's the smilies?)

AKBapologist
02-06-2011, 06:58 AM
FC Porto's Colombian striker Radamel Falcao tod Argentine reporters on Thursday : "Contrary to recent media speculation, I will remain at FC Porto. .... I am happy at Porto and I am negotiating for a contract extension with the club officials. .... The main reason I will stay is because I want to compete in the Champions League with my club. .... It is great for me to be part of such a great team like Porto. We have so many talented and humble players, such as Hulk, Varela, Moutinho and Guarin. We are happy to remain at Porto despite being tracked by several foreign clubs. My team mates and I want to win more titles together".
http://www.footballpress.net/?action=read&idsel=85833&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

And with that news I'm officially over this transfer window, we'll sign fuck all, we'll drop out of the top four and renewing my membership was a mistake.

:emo:

Kaiser
02-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Tbf, If he didn't come to us (highly unlikely given how stingy we are, I know), I'd rather he stay there and they keep that brilliant side together for the CL next year. The Super Cup game with Barca should be epic.

LDG
02-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Anyone heard anything about a bid for Upson?? Someone was talking to me last night about it, said it was a tip he'd been given.

Like all things, a load of shite I imagine.....

Flavs
02-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Not really likely as he and Wenger arent the best of chums that and he is, you know, a bit....shit

Japan Shaking All Over
02-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Upson.....no thanks

much better out there......unless we swapped him for Squallci

btw will we be getting a separate transfer page?......this is 35 pages long already

even if we chopped down half the Amazon we would have enough pulp for the amount of paper we are going to come through come the end of August

losing track of the names already

LDG
02-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Not really likely as he and Wenger arent the best of chums that and he is, you know, a bit....shit

I take it you didn't ever see the Nasri thread. Sure we got to 700 pages....

Japan Shaking All Over
02-06-2011, 09:42 AM
:faint:

been away for a while

the whole country has been shaking - :coffee:

LDG
02-06-2011, 09:45 AM
:faint:

been away for a while

the whole country has been shaking - :coffee:

Who were you before??

Japan Shaking All Over
02-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Land of the Rising Gooner or when I first started Gooner in Nipon

Flavs
02-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Chelsea have had anotehr bid fro Neymar turned down apparently and Spurs have had a bid for Almeria's midget genius pablo piatti turned down. Oh adn scummerpool have had a £10mil bid for Jordan Henderson turned down by Sunderland

Also Samba has distanced himself from any talk of his future.

AKBapologist
02-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Apparently, we never even made a bid for samba, or Gervinho... This transfer window just keeps on getting worse and worse.

Blackburn defender Chris Samba has hinted he is keen to stay with the Rovers, despite links with the likes of Arsenal.
The Gunners had been tipped to make an £8million move for the towering defender in the summer but reports claim Blackburn are yet to receive a bid for Samba.
The Rovers ace has hinted he is prepared to stay at Ewood Park, despite conceding that he would have welcomed a move to Arsenal in January last month, and Samba is keen for the club to strengthen ahead of next season to avoid a repeat of the 2010/2011 campaign's relegation battle.
He told the Lancashire Telegraph: "A lot of things have changed and it has been a very hard time. That was the first time I have gone 12 games without a win, a lot of things have gone on.
"I am very happy now though. Let us see who we sign. Now we can improve the squad. That is up to the owners, we have no powers."
He added: "The club is a top-flight club and nothing else. That is very important and it is very good for the fan.
"I hope we can give them some exciting games at Ewood Park next season and improve."

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/9061784.Gameiro_to_give_an_answer_to_Newcastle_soo n/

Flavs
02-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Apparently, we never even made a bid for samba, or Gervinho... This transfer window just keeps on getting worse and worse.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/9061784.Gameiro_to_give_an_answer_to_Newcastle_soo n/

Lazy journalism at best, "links" "Reports" "beliefs" its all made up crap as nothing is actually happening, sports journalists are lazier than pikeys tbf. Take name "A" and link to team "B" add some hyperbole and "sources close to the player" and you have a page filler.

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Chelsea have had anotehr bid fro Neymar turned down apparently and Spurs have had a bid for Almeria's midget genius pablo piatti turned down. Oh adn scummerpool have had a £10mil bid for Jordan Henderson turned down by Sunderland

Also Samba has distanced himself from any talk of his future.
Well it's better than going for Adam I guess...

Flavs
02-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Well it's better than going for Adam I guess...

You would be better going for James Morrison from West brom he is better than both of them IMO

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-06-2011, 02:06 PM
You would be better going for James Morrison from West brom he is better than both of them IMO
I'd rather we didn't go for any of them, tbh.

Flavs
02-06-2011, 02:07 PM
I'd rather we didn't go for any of them, tbh.

I suppose after paying £35mil for Andy Carrol Kenny could do with a reflection period

AKBapologist
02-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Only bit of good news...

Bendtner: I have to leave Arsenal

Nicklas Bendtner has confirmed to a Danish website that he has made the decision to leave Arsenal this summer.

The striker found first-team opportunities hard to come by this season with the arrival of Marouane Chamakh and the scoring form of Robin van Persie.

Indeed most of the playing time Bendtner had was out of position on the wing, a role he has found it hard to adapt to.

Bayern Munich are believed to be interested, and the 23-year-old has welcomed a new challenge after seven years at Arsenal.

He said: "I have decided 100% that I must leave Arsenal. I've considered this for a long time and was quite clear when I arrived at my decision.

"It doesn't feel particularly strange to not know what my future holds - I'm quite calm and confident that I'll be fine at a new club.

"I'm fully focused on Saturday's game for now, because it is incredibly important, but after the international is over I may focus more directly on my future [but] I am sure I could easily go on holiday without having to panic about it. I'm looking to relax, mentally, after a season that was not what I hoped for or expected."

Bendtner has been valued at roughly £10million by his father and agent.

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-06-2011, 02:19 PM
I suppose after paying £35mil for Andy Carrol Kenny could do with a reflection period

I'd sooner spend that again than on the bargain basement crap we get every year.

The majority of our signings last summer were criminal.

Flavs
02-06-2011, 02:44 PM
I'd sooner spend that again than on the bargain basement crap we get every year.

The majority of our signings last summer were criminal.

Poulsen :bow:

Shaqiri Is Boss
02-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Poulsen :bow:

...Konchesky, Jovanovic, Cole, Jones.

£10m in transfer fees and probably about £250k a week in wages.

Ferguson must have been laughing into his glass for months...

Flavs
02-06-2011, 02:55 PM
...Konchesky, Jovanovic, Cole, Jones.

£10m in transfer fees and probably about £250k a week in wages.

Ferguson must have been laughing into his glass for months...

Woy :bow:

Marc Overmars
02-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Only bit of good news...

Bye.

:dance:

AKBapologist
02-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Say hellow to our brand-new prepubescent wonderkindt - from arsenal mania
http://images.sportsverige.com/files/11582561_440x326.jpg

Sirjackofwilshere
02-06-2011, 09:32 PM
looks like a chipmunk

Unai Tea
02-06-2011, 09:40 PM
What kind of dead animal is that stapled to his head? Pine Marten? Honey Badger?

Kaiser
02-06-2011, 09:45 PM
What kind of dead animal is that stapled to his head? Pine Marten? Honey Badger?

:haha:

AKBapologist
02-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Some serious ITK statements coming from

@DarrenArsenal1 - Think we will announce a number of players when window opens, certainly if my understanding is right we have agreed 6 deals so far ....
...Though we may not see all 6 announced next week. But that is a start more to follow, feeling may be the pruning of squad will be deep and Club replacing those with better and hungrier recruits.

Clichy still attracting a number of suitors, as is Bendtner, but arrivals before departures but will be a busy few weeks.

6: toral/bellerin/Jenkinson all done .. Plus loose ends on Ollsen and Chamberlain plus a certain forward. And that's just the start As I said a few weeks back I expected 8-10 signings, for youth, squad, and first team. I stand by it. With similar number out

Cripps_orig
02-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Former England international Mark Chamberlain has pleaded with Arsenal to buy his son Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from Southampton.
Full story: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1393431/Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain-urged-join-Arsenal.html)

No thanks

Cripps_orig
02-06-2011, 11:23 PM
ARSENAL have told Real Madrid the bidding for Cesc Fabregas starts at £54million.

Real director Jose Angel Sanchez contacted the Gunners hours after Arsene Wenger declared this week there had been no inquiries for Fab.
And the Spanish giants are ready to meet Arsenal's demands in their determination to trump Barcelona.
A Real source said: "The president Florentino Perez has identified Fabregas as the one signing above all others to hurt Barcelona.
"He believes signing Fabregas would be a real statement of intent for next season. He will do whatever is needed to put the club back above Barca."
Perez is ready to sanction a £100m spending spree to keep Fabregas - also a Manchester City target - and Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero out of Barcelona's clutches.
Real sources claim that Arsenal have made it clear they will not sell Fabregas to another English Club.
Barcelona-born midfielder Fabregas, 24, has set his heart on a return to the Nou Camp after eight years in England.
But the newly-crowned European Champions are not prepared to increase the £30million bid Arsenal rejected last summer.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3615733/Arsenal-tell-Real-Madrid-the-bidding-for-Cesc-Fabregas-starts-at-54million.html#ixzz1OAEGSaRi

Yes thanks

Marc Overmars
02-06-2011, 11:34 PM
It would be brilliant if Real gave us a ridiculous amount for him just to trump Barca.

Couldn't give a shit if that's not his preferred destination. I'll pack his bags for him.

Toronto Gooner
03-06-2011, 12:30 AM
It would be brilliant if Real gave us a ridiculous amount for him just to trump Barca.

Couldn't give a shit if that's not his preferred destination. I'll pack his bags for him.
Agreed, but it would be nicer if Real Madrid bought Aguero first, and then did a straight player swap for Fabregas.

Master Splinter
03-06-2011, 03:34 AM
Real Madrid :bow:.

Great WUMs imo.

Benzema for Bendtner too please.

Cripps_orig
03-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Arsenal are thought to be interested in Marseille's 26-year-old talented playmaker Mathieu Valbuena - potentially as a replacement for Andrey Arshavin, who has been linked to a transfer from the Emirates.
Full story: CaughtOffside (http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/05/31/arsenal-prepare-15m-move-for-cultured-midfielder-ideal-replacement-for-exit-bound-arshavin/)

Tottenham have had a bid of £10.5m for Internacional's Brazilian striker Leandro Damiao, 21, rejected.
Full story: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1393707/Tottenham-fail-10-5m-bid-Internacional-striker-Leandro-Damiao.html)
But Spurs have intensified their chase for the one-cap striker, with an increased bid of £13.2m. Arsenal are also thought to be keen.
Full story: the Times (subscription required) (http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3049160.ece)

Anyone heard of them?

Fist of Lehmann
03-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Anyone heard of them?

Valbuena's the guy who played wide right (and scored) against England in the friendly last November. Short guy, dark hair.

Marc Overmars
03-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Spurs have signed Friedel. :lol:

AKBapologist
03-06-2011, 10:22 AM
He's actually off to liverpool I hear...

KSE Comedy Club
03-06-2011, 10:39 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13639513.stm

Goalkeeper Brad Friedel agrees to Tottenham switch

Page last updated at 09:17 GMT, Friday, 3 June 2011 10:17 UK

United States goalkeeper Brad Friedel has agreed to join Tottenham.
It is understood that the 40-year-old, whose contract with Aston Villa was due to expire at the end of this month, has signed a two-year contract.
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp said: "It is good to have three such experienced top goalkeepers at the club in [Heurelho] Gomes, Carlo [Cudicini] and now Brad.
"It means we have competition for places, particularly with the number of games we'll hopefully face next year."

Friedel, who will not cost a fee, has a vast amount of Premier League experience, having moved to Liverpool in December 1997 from American side Columbus Crew.
He made 30 starts for the Reds before switching to Blackburn, where he made 356 appearances in almost eight years.

He then joined Villa (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/7520284.stm) in July 2008 and in the following December broke the record for consecutive top-flight appearances when he played in his 167th straight game - a run he had extended to 275 by the end of this season.

Friedel will provide competition for the error-prone Gomes, (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13081380.stm) who fumbled a shot from Cristiano Ronaldo during Spurs' Champions League quarter-final defeat by Real Madrid (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/9454054.stm).
Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner told his club's website: "I would like to thank Brad for the terrific contribution he has made at Aston Villa in his three seasons here."
Friedel played 82 games for the US before retiring from international football in 2005, having represented his country at three World Cups.

Fist of Lehmann
03-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Even at 40, still better than Gomes.

The Realist
03-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Jack wilshere: Bit of golf with big Gaz Cahill (Bolton Defender).......trying to convince him to join me at Arsenal haha

:bow:

KSE Comedy Club
03-06-2011, 12:25 PM
:bow:

Dont worry, Wenger will put a stop to that.

Cripps_orig
03-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Schalke after Jens

AKBapologist
03-06-2011, 01:45 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2011/jun/03/europes-top-50-transfer-targets-in-pictures

Cripps_orig
03-06-2011, 01:53 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2011/jun/03/europes-top-50-transfer-targets-in-pictures

According to that, we are interested in

Falcao
Hazard
Marin
Sow
Bastos
Benzema
Gervinho
Samba
Alvarez
Gameiro
Parker
Lukaku
Cahill

And linked out are

Cesc
Song

The Wengerbabies
03-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Shame, always liked the guy.

Americans :bow:

AKBapologist
03-06-2011, 02:05 PM
According to that, we are interested in

Falcao
Hazard
Marin
Sow
Bastos
Benzema
Gervinho
Samba
Alvarez
Gameiro
Parker
Lukaku
Cahill

Would be happy with most of them tbh.

Niall_Quinn
03-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Would be happy with most of them tbh.

Yep, but meanwhile "Wenger wings it with £4m bid for West Brom striker Odemwingie..."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1393687/Arsenal-bid-4m-West-Brom-striker-Peter-Odemwingie.html

Kaiser
03-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Nasri is also linked to United and City for £28m in that Guardian thing, which won't happen. If he leaves, it'll be abroad.

Also, I'd rather Odemwingie as a reserve striker rather than Chamakh, but £4m seems optimistic, his price has probably rocketed after scoring all those goals.

Weird that the Guardian don't consider Jan Vertonghen to be a 'top target', but I guess it's just a list of big names.

AKBapologist
03-06-2011, 04:09 PM
LeGrove says that Gervinho has signed for toon. Oh well, thats me done for the summer. I'm such a mug for renewing membership...

isv
03-06-2011, 05:23 PM
LeGrove says that Gervinho has signed for toon. Oh well, thats me done for the summer. I'm such a mug for renewing membership...

Isnt that the one that stated he wanted CL football, he'll never get it up there..

Olivier's xmas twist
03-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Anyone heard of them?

you have to laugh at the fact that were always interested in a player the spuds want lol silly media.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Isnt that the one that stated he wanted CL football, he'll never get it up there..

Yep thats him

AKBapologist
03-06-2011, 06:39 PM
http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/80725/default.aspx?

Elreactor
03-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Schalke after Lehmann?? What, was there any intention to keep him in the squad?

Cripps_orig
04-06-2011, 12:06 AM
West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie may be one step closer to a dream move to Arsenal after his club made an approach for Watford's Danny Graham. Full story: Metro (http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/865219-peter-odemwingie-one-step-closer-to-arsenal-move)

WBA have bought some shite players so far. Relegation battle looms.

Odemwingie needs to leave

Cripps_orig
04-06-2011, 12:09 AM
DAVID VILLA has told Cesc Fabregas to join Barcelona.

The Arsenal skipper remains the new European champions' No 1 transfer target.
And Spain superstar Villa said: "I have a soft spot for Cesc. You know what he would give to the team.
"I hope he can come to Barcelona. Not only as a player but as someone who deserves to return."
Arsenal have put a £54m price tag on the midfielder

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3617519/David-Villa-tells-Cesc-Fabregas-to-join-Barcelona.html#ixzz1OGGLZbpN

First of many this summer no doubt

Japan Shaking All Over
04-06-2011, 02:06 AM
The way Villa puts it, you almost feel sorry for him and Cesc
I have a soft spot - deserves to return. . .ahhh

54mil?
we wouldnt be crazy to take that or at least a large portion of it+a player
tbh if Cesc stays and he doesnt get a decent support cast, and this year 'decent' is not going to appease him or for that matter the fans, then I cant see him putting many decent shifts in. And if he does throw a strop then I would strip him of the captains armband and give it to Robin (not really one for striker captains, unless your name is Shearer but RvP has a gob and if he could use it in the team in the same way he tries to wind up the opo then he might be in for a shout)

the only thing is do we trust AW with the dosh? sorry, back talking about 54mil now!

Olivier's xmas twist
04-06-2011, 08:43 AM
The way Villa puts it, you almost feel sorry for him and Cesc
I have a soft spot - deserves to return. . .ahhh

54mil?
we wouldnt be crazy to take that or at least a large portion of it+a player
!

Problem is Barca don't really have any decent players who they'd give us we could swap for.

We'd only get Bojan tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
04-06-2011, 08:50 AM
4th June 2011
By Duncan Wright

Your Shout ( 0 ) (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/194315/Arsenal-go-for-Jermain-Defoe/#comments)

ARSENE WENGER has targeted Jermain Defoe as the man to fire a title challenge next season.

#bodycopy A { FONT-SIZE: 12px}
Arsene Wenge (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/search/Arsene%20Wenger/1/created/)r is desperate to add a top-class Premier League goalscorer to his squad after another year of failure at the Emirates.

And he believes Tottenham (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/search/Tottenham/1/created/)’s unsettled striker Jermain Defoe (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/search/Jermain%20Defoe/1/created/) is the man who can fi nally add a cutting edge to Arsenal (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/search/Arsenal/1/created/)’s pretty build-up play.

Spurs are willing to listento offers of around £10m for the England striker, who endured a frustrating campaign at White Hart Lane blighted by injury, loss of form and long spells on the bench.

And boss Harry Redknapp has already started planning for life after Defoe by stepping up his efforts to sign Didier Drogba.

The Chelsea striker is in demand across Europe with AC Milan and Marseilles both keen on the hit man.

But Redknapp is keen to get the 33-year-old in his squad believing he is the kind of player needed to ensure Spurs can secure a top four fi nish next season.

Defoe has cut a frustrated figure over the past year and there are signs both club and player are expecting a parting of the ways during the summer.

So the chance to make the short move to rivals Arsenal would be of huge interest to the former West Ham and Portsmouth star.

The Gunners found goal-scoring one of their biggest problems last season and only Robin Van Persie of the strikers really posed a genuine goal threat.

Wenger knows that needs to change if his side are to compete at home and in Europe, and the predatory instincts of Defoe would be a welcome addition.

The Arsenal boss was frustrated by missed chances, and believes Defoe is the man to solve that problem.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/194315/Arsenal-go-for-Jermain-Defoe/

Kaiser
04-06-2011, 08:59 AM

No thanks. He's only good at hitting the ball really hard. He's never been as clinical as everyone makes him out to be. Better players out there.

Xhaka Can’t
04-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Yeah, all those quotes in that piece point to this being pretty much a done deal.

Rors
04-06-2011, 09:11 AM
"willing to listen"
"there are signs"
"expecting a parting of the ways"

That's me convinced....

Then, this is the paper who called Mascherano "the playmaker"...

Kaiser
04-06-2011, 09:29 AM
http://www.surrealfootball.com/2011/06/03/breaking-news/

BREAKING NEWS:

A top football journalist shocked themedia world by revealing the secrets to writing the perfect 250-word,quotes-led article.

Speaking out during a period ofinstability in the media, he revealed journalists try to bolster the importanceof the quotes by placing them in a larger perceived crisis.

He is also the first to admit theintroduction should sensationalise and exaggerate the actual importance of thearticle.

And the quotes that form the basis ofthe story must be left out until the journalist has had his say for fourparagraphs.

The journalist said: “After telling youwhat has been said for four paragraphs, the tiny amount of what was actuallysaid will then be quoted in the next three or four paragraphs.

“This way, the journalist looks to beguiding the subject, and therefore serves to inflate his status in the mind ofthe reader.

“Of course, these quotes will be nowherenear as interesting as the intro made out.”

He then revealed a second lot of quotes,that can’t be placed in a wider crisis, must be introduced.

These normally come after two moreparagraphs of the journalist’s own writing that showcase his superiorknowledge.

He said: “Then we put the more boringquotes in the remaining three paragraphs, but ones that of course, repeat whatwe have already said in our own words.

“I can’t stress enough, how repetitivethese quotes-led articles can get.

“The last quote often appears to sumeverything up, but will actually be about nothing.”

Cripps_orig
04-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Roma defender Jeremy Menez has been offered to Arsenal as part of a swap deal including Gael Clichy.
Full story: Metro (http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/865277-jeremy-menez-offered-to-arsenal-in-gael-clichy-swap-transfer-deal)

No thanks

Olivier's xmas twist
05-06-2011, 09:48 AM
No thanks

Loved this part of the article

Meanwhile, Arsenal look set to miss out on Jeremy Toulalan, the Lyon midfielder who had attracted interest from Arsene Wenger.
He is in talks with Malaga about a £9 million move and is expected to sign a three-year contract this weekend.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/865277-jeremy-menez-offered-to-arsenal-in-gael-clichy-swap-transfer-deal#ixzz1OOSK3uuz

If its thats true and we can't beat malaga to sign players and a french one at that we really do have problems lol

Master Splinter
05-06-2011, 09:51 AM
If we thats true
Absolutely no speculation in this thread is true.

Rors
05-06-2011, 09:55 AM
http://www.surrealfootball.com/2011/06/03/breaking-news/

Brilliant :lol:

Marc Overmars
05-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Have we signed anyone yet or what?

Wenger out.

Xhaka Can’t
05-06-2011, 10:27 AM

True story.

dazthegooner
05-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Hopefully we'll find out soon which Arsenal players have to sign on...

Olivier's xmas twist
05-06-2011, 12:37 PM

ok

Olivier's xmas twist
05-06-2011, 12:45 PM
AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has confirmed that the club are looking to bring Belgian star Axel Witsel to the club.
The Standard Liege winger is one of the hottest properties in Europe, with Liverpool (http://topics.skysports.com/liverpool/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Arsenal (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif also linked with the player's signature.
The 22-year-old has now been strongly connected with a possible transfer to the Serie A title holders this summer, and Galliani concedes that there has been contact with the player.
Contact

"In the last days there has been a contact with Standard Liege's officials for Axel Witsel," Galliani told Sky Italia. (http://topics.skysports.com/Sky+Italia/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif
Liege vice-president Luciano D'Onofrio also confirmed Milan's contact, stating: "I spoke with the Milan hierarchy.
"We had a chat for a few hours yesterday."
Witsel has also made it clear that he feels his future lies outside of his home country, and was eager to begin playing abroad to further his career, but did not reveal what clubs he had spoken with.
"I need to make a move abroad in order to improve," he told Sporza.
"You can see in training with [Vincent] Kompany and [Daniel] van Buyten. They are sharper in the duels and they always behave like a professional.
"My future? I am happy that I can go on holiday. Do I know something about Milan? No and even if that was the case, I would not say so."

looks like we won't be getting him. AW needs to pull his finger out now

GP
05-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Isn't he the guy that got banned for months for destroying that dudes leg?

Do not want.

The Wengerbabies
05-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Isn't he the guy that got banned for months for destroying that dudes leg?

Do not want.

Yeah he is.

AKBapologist
05-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Looks like nasri's off. Meh, replacible. If he treats the club with that much contempt then fuck him.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/926088/samir-nasri-refuses-to-commit-his-future-to-arsenal?cc=5739

Marc Overmars
05-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Screw him. Represents everything I hate about this Arsenal team. Fair weather cunt.

dazthegooner
05-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Looks like nasri's off. Meh, replacible. If he treats the club with that much contempt then fuck him.

Another player in a few years on the scrap heap complaining how how he should have stayed at Arsenal (hopefully by us winning things :pray: )

Özim
05-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Screw him. Represents everything I hate about this Arsenal team. Fair weather cunt.
True but then why would you want to stay with Wenger in charge, the guy's been acting like a muppet for years now and seems very deluded these days.

I don't think it's just the fans that don't believe he's capable of delivering trophies anymore, the fact he doesn't sign anyone decent these days is another concern.

Don't like what Nasri is doing but at the same time I don't really see why he would want to stay when nothing changes.

Players and fans alike have been calling for decent signings for years now.

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 01:12 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/05/2518666/arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger-not-interested-in-west-hams

Wenger :doh:

Just get rid of the idiot now

Olivier's xmas twist
05-06-2011, 01:15 PM
''Do I want to go to Man United? First, we should see if it's real and if it is concrete."

what a pleb Nasri is just fuck off you French cunt

AKBapologist
05-06-2011, 01:33 PM
According to SSN, inter Milan have bid 50mill for cesc. Chelsea are preparing a 60mill bid for him.

Master Splinter
05-06-2011, 01:33 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/05/2518666/arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger-not-interested-in-west-hams

Wenger :doh:

Just get rid of the idiot now
Thank fuck.

Parker is shit, as evidenced once again yesterday.

Master Splinter
05-06-2011, 01:34 PM
what a pleb Nasri is just fuck off you French cunt
:gp:

Master Splinter
05-06-2011, 01:35 PM
According to SSN, inter Milan have bid 50mill for cesc. Chelsea are preparing a 60mill bid for him.
Abramovich :bow:.

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Thank fuck.

Parker is shit, as evidenced once again yesterday.

Parker is quality tbh as evidenced throughout the season and not just in a nothing match yesterday where he was half fit

AKBapologist
05-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Well I always said that this transfer window was his last chance, looking at how it's going so far I'm not expecting to be in the AKB clique next season and I think that would probably mean the majority would be too.

dazthegooner
Parker is quality tbh as evidenced throughout the season and not just in a nothing match yesterday where he was half fit

Whenever he's played for a big club he has failed to make the step up so why would Arsenal be any different?

Özim
Wenger wouldn't be interested in a player with battling qualities, he'll probably be looking for some weak player, with no desire to succeed and unable to tackle.

5 yard passing is all that really matters.

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Whenever he's played for a big club he has failed to make the step up so why would Arsenal make any different?

Cos we arent a big club...

dazthegooner
05-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Check our history tells a story...

AKBapologist
We can do better than parker tbh. Tiote would be my choice.

How did inler do last night?

Cripps_orig
Wenger wouldn't be interested in a player with battling qualities, he'll probably be looking for some weak player, with no desire to succeed and unable to tackle.

5 yard passing is all that really matters.

Pretty much. Why buy the best midfielder in the country last season who is available when theres a 16 year old African/French/Outer Mongolian etc he can buy for peanuts.

Malz, Mendez, Bischoff and so on :bow:

Wenger knows

AKBapologist
05-06-2011, 01:44 PM
And our ticket prices...

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 01:45 PM
We can do better than parker tbh. Tiote would be my choice.

Looked like a wimp when Young scored

Özim
That's never going to happen to be honest, it's one of those rumours that's been around for years.

dazthegooner
And most of the journalist that voted for Parker are W Ham fans I believe.

Master Splinter
Pretty much. Why buy the best midfielder in the country last season who is available when theres a 16 year old African/French/Outer Mongolian etc he can buy for peanuts.

Probably because the Outer Mongolian is better than Parker.

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Check our history tells a story...

Twas a tongue in cheek comment.

Parkers only ever been at Chelsea at a big club where he rarely got a chance.

Much better player now. Best midfielder around and a must get

dazthegooner
05-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Must admit you usually talk a lot of sense but with Parker this time your wrong ;)

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Probably because the Outer Mongolian is better than Parker.
Was the Mongoloid the best midfielder in the premiership last season?

Parker was...

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Must admit you usually talk a lot of sense but with Parker this time your wrong ;)
He probably isnt as good as hes made out to be but hes better than what we have and by quite some distance.

Far better than Song and i dont say that lightly cos GWers on the old board will know i am Songs biggest fan and stood by him when he first came to the club when everyone was having a go at him.

dazthegooner
05-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Maybe the best English midfielder (bar Wilshire)

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Wilshere is a glorified Denilson tbh.

No end product and usually just passes sideways but i never had a problem with Denilson doing that nor do i have one with Wilshere although does make me laugh how people critisise Denilson for it and not Sir Jack.

Being English has its advantages

AKBapologist
05-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Was the Mongoloid the best midfielder in the premiership last season?

Parker was...
Wilshire was better tbh. Parker might be good against relegation fodder, though most of the time he'd have rings run around him given the way we play.

AKBapologist
05-06-2011, 01:55 PM

No end product and usually just passes sideways but i never had a problem with Denilson doing that nor do i have one with Wilshere although does make me laugh how people critisise Denilson for it and not Sir Jack.

Ok now your talking batshit nonsense.

GP
05-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Parker is shit.

Must not get.

dazthegooner
05-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Parker is shit.

Must not get.

Just read the NOTW some people want Wenger to sign Parker but he's not having it :) (and yes I'm aware it the NOTW)

Marc Overmars
05-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Whenever he's played for a big club he has failed to make the step up so why would Arsenal be any different?

You can't seriously judge him for his time at Chelsea. He joined at a time when they were signing any tom, dick or harry. He never had a chance there really with Lampard and Makelele in the form of their lives. He was just another one they signed at the time because they could, not because they actually needed him.

I wouldn't mind Parker here because I think he is better than all of our CM's apart from Cesc. I'd also like him here because it would represent a change in transfer policy from Wenger, which can only be a good thing because it would show he's willing to try something different instead of going for archetypal Wenger signing.

Having said it's not a sure fire fix to our problems and he is actually very injury prone, so it would be a gamble to sign him. A gamble worth taking IMO because I've seen just about enough of the Diaby's, Denilon's etc of this world. I don't think I would leave a match feeling short changed by Parker.

Each to their own anyway.

AKBapologist
05-06-2011, 02:00 PM
We critise denilson for hospital passes, jogging back, getting mussled of the ball and being shit bringing the ball up from midfield. Jack has problems with scoring, but has showed in a season far more than denilson has ever showed in his arsenal career.

Has little to do with nationality

Cripps_orig
Ok now your talking batshit nonsense.

Not really.

Many times during the season, ive been frustrated with Wilsheres lack of end product be it assisting or shooting. He just usually passes it along.

I can understand Denilson doing it cos hes a bit shit and he passes on the responsibility to someone else cos we dont want shit players on the ball anyway but Wilsheres good enough on the ball to do something with it.

Hes young though and hes had a good solid start to his career but improvements need to be made next season

Master Splinter

:wacko:

I don't care about a player's nationality. Wilshere is infinitely better than Parker will ever be. Denilson was good in first season but sadly never pogressed. It seems the Sky/BBC/tabloid hype holds much sway over you.

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 02:01 PM
You can't seriously judge him for his time at Chelsea. He joined at a time when they were signing any tom, dick or harry. He never had a chance there really with Lampard and Makelele in the form of their lives. He was just another one they signed at the time because they could, not because they actually needed him.

I wouldn't mind Parker here because I think he is better than all of our CM's apart from Cesc. I'd also like him here because it would represent a change in transfer policy from Wenger, which can only be a good thing because it would show he's willing to try something different instead of going for archetypal Wenger signing.

Having said it's not a sure fire fix to our problems and he is actually very injury prone, so it would be a gamble to sign him. A gamble worth taking IMO because I've seen just about enough of the Diaby's, Denilon's etc of this world. I don't think I would leave a match feeling short changed by Parker.

This

Master Splinter
05-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Parker is shit.

Must not get.
This.

GP

Maybe, but we'd soon get frustrated by his actual lack of ability.

If you just want someone to run around a lot, just bring Lansbury into the first team squad.

Cripps_orig
We critise denilson for hospital passes, jogging back, getting mussled of the ball and being shit bringing the ball up from midfield. Jack has problems with scoring, but has showed in a season far more than denilson has ever showed in his arsenal career.

Has little to do with nationality - you cunt (no offence)

None taken :tiphat:

Things could be worse i guess. I could have called Wilshere a glorified Diaby. Now he is awful

dazthegooner
The fee going around is £10m does anyone think that Wenger will sign a 29 year old (and as was said injury prone) player?

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 02:04 PM
The fee going around is £10m does anyone think that Wenger will sign a 29 year old (and as was said injury prone) player?

Hes 30...

And no Wenger wont which is why hes being rightly critisised for it

dazthegooner
05-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Hes 30...

And no Wenger wont which is why hes being rightly critisised for it

Yes but your opinion doen't count ;)

AKBapologist
05-06-2011, 02:08 PM

If you just want someone to run around a lot, just bring Lansbury into the first team squad.
This. *Younger Parker* tbh. and then you also have your non english CDMS like frimp and coch.

I think we won't see defensive signings until the end of the transfer window. Will probably want to see how youth like Bartley, Lansbury and the others look like in the first team set up.

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 02:10 PM
This. *Younger Parker* tbh. and then you also have your non english CDMS like frimp and coch.

I think we won't see defensive signings until the end of the transfer window. Will probably want to see how youth like Bartley, Lansbury and the others look like in the frost team set up.
I really hope not.

As a great man once said, "you dont win anything with kids"

Marc Overmars
05-06-2011, 02:10 PM

We get frustrated by current players who clearly have ability anyway. You need to find the right balance and I don't think I'd object if we tried something different. In fact it would go some way to helping me regain a bit of faith in Wenger.

GP
05-06-2011, 02:12 PM
We get frustrated by current players who clearly have ability anyway. You need to find the right balance and I don't think I'd object if we tried something different. In fact it would go some way to helping me regain a bit of faith in Wenger.

Srs? Signing someone as ordinary as Parker would restore your faith in Wenger?

It'd make me think he's caved into the the tabloid nonsense.

AKBapologist
05-06-2011, 02:12 PM

I think we won't see defensive signings until the end of the transfer window. Will probably want to see how youth like Bartley, Lansbury and the others look like in the first team set up.

None taken :tiphat:

Things could be worse i guess. I could have called Wilshere a glorified Diaby. Now he is awful
Diaby at his best is majestic. Would rather have than denilson tbh, but then again I'd rather have chamakh than bent... So.

Marc Overmars
05-06-2011, 02:17 PM

Not restore it, just maybe afford himself a bit more time. As I said, I've got no interest or expectation in the signings he generally goes for but if he did break the mould that would make me sit up and take notice.

Let's be honest anyway, we're probably not going to sign anyone this summer that will help restore faith in Vinger.

Özim
05-06-2011, 02:20 PM
I can answer that.

They're sh*t.

Özim
05-06-2011, 02:21 PM

Yeah to be honest that would be a good thing, his nonsense clearly doesn't work, maybe someone else should do it for him.

Olivier's xmas twist
05-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Bendtner confirms exit wish
Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner admits that he is "100 per cent" ready to leave the club this summer.
The Danish international has not been a part of manager Arsene Wenger's (http://get.lingospot.com/link/?@li2=7719&is_lhid=0&key=IZHOSPQW&ps_id=UzK13D7LOH&q=QQ:lqOTqjptCQ:_:GIH7IGORJJOGDBOUSDVOqptJ:pnCPOqm j_J:pnCSO4aJm8CHZGRA:GAHUKVV&section_key=RDXAYSZZ&site_id=skysports.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftopics.skysports.com%2FArsene%2BW enger%2F%3Fsection%3Dfootball&url_key=_TaCHO0CAHP[{BGGGK&v=1&~boot=1307283841548)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif first-team plans over the past season, often being named on the bench and needing to make an impact as a substitute.
Bendtner (http://topics.skysports.com/Nicklas+Bendtner/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif scored just two Premier League goals all season, and has often been held in mixed opinion by his own supporters.
There is no shortage of potential suitors for the 23-year-old, who despite his talent has been unable to consistently perform for the Gunners since breaking into the first team four years ago.
"I have decided 100 per cent that I must leave Arsenal. "
Nicklas Bendtner on his future Quotes of the week (http://www.skysports.com/quotes)
Primera Liga outfit Sevilla (http://topics.skysports.com/sevilla/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif are the latest club to become linked with a possible move for the player, with AC Milan (http://topics.skysports.com/AC+Milan/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Bayern Munich (http://topics.skysports.com/Bayern+Munich/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif also rumoured to be considering a bid.
"I can promise that there won't be another season like this one," Bendtner told sporten.dk.
"I have decided 100 per cent that I must leave Arsenal. (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif
"I've considered this for a long time and was quite clear when I arrived at my decision.
"I'm quite calm and confident that I'll be fine at a new club."

seems like he wants to leave

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6967116,00.html

Özim
05-06-2011, 02:26 PM
They all want to leave to be honest, so much for team spirit and togetherness. :lol:

Sirjackofwilshere
05-06-2011, 02:28 PM

Now I remember why you where so popular on old GW :yawn:

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 02:28 PM
seems like he wants to leave

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6967116,00.html

bye

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Now I remember why you where so popular on old GW :yawn:
I dont even know who you were on there

Anyway if you think Wilshere has end product then so be it.

Marc Overmars
05-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Bendtner. :wave:

Olivier's xmas twist
05-06-2011, 02:34 PM
They all want to leave to be honest, so much for team spirit and togetherness. :lol:

lol AW will be the next one wanting to leave

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 02:36 PM
lol AW will be the next one wanting to leave

Kaiser
05-06-2011, 02:38 PM

It begins...

Totally ignoring Wilshere's ability to press the ball, tackle properly, lunge violently and play decent throughballs. Sure he's shit at shooting in general but he's infinitely superior to Denilson who has regressed exponentially over the past few seasons.

Özim
05-06-2011, 02:39 PM

dazthegooner
05-06-2011, 02:40 PM
It begins...

Totally ignoring Wilshere's ability to press the ball, tackle properly, lunge violently and play decent throughballs. Sure he's shit at shooting in general but he's infinitely superior to Denilson who has regressed exponentially over the past few seasons.

:gp: and he's still only 20 he can work on his shooting he will probably have to do it after training though as it seems Wenger doesn't like goals being scored from outside the box ;)

Sirjackofwilshere
05-06-2011, 02:41 PM
You might accuse him of wummery but you cannot deny his services and sacrifices to GW...just look at the last 2 pages. Makes himself look like a moran for the sake of this board :bow:

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Wilshere frustrates me cos i know he has it in him to play that brilliant pass. The pass yesterday to Bent was awesome but he doesnt do it anywhere near enough and just passes it along to someone else.

Even more frustrating when he does it when he has the opportunity to shoot although this is an Arsenal problem and not just a Wilshere problem.

But like i said many times before, hes young and he will get better.

What he needs more than anything is a manager who can nurture his talents rather than coach it out of him like Wenger

AKBapologist
05-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Playing CDM doesn't help his 'end product' either. But he is vastly more positive with the ball than denilson. We just rarely have those open games againt teams better on the ball where such talents can be showcased.

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Playing CDM doesn't help his 'end product' either. But he is vastly more positive with the ball than denilson. We just rarely have those open games againt teams better on the ball where such talents can be showcased.
Thats just it.

Against teams who sit back, we need someone with creativity who will try to pass through the defence rather than pass in front of the defence time and time again.

We do it every home game and is sooo easy to defend against.

We lack width, we lack decent crossers, we lack people in the box.

There is a lot wrong with this team and Wenger is at the forefornt of those problems.

Japan Shaking All Over
05-06-2011, 03:16 PM
1400 BST: Samir Nasri has cast more doubt over his Arsenal future by admitting on French television he may not sign a new contract. The 23-year-old midfielder also refused to play down the possibility of moving to Manchester United.

this

how much more is Nasri asking for?

or is he trying to get Cesc to show his hand first........

Nasri wants Cesc's position.........and tbh he is better playing behind the strikers than off wide......

if we are to play wide players then lets at least use some that has the ability to cross on the run......which we dont have, because walcotts ability to let the ball bounce off his shin on the run doesn't count

dazthegooner
05-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Tbh if Nasri wants to leave then fuck him let him leave but Man u will not be his destination...

Japan Shaking All Over
05-06-2011, 03:58 PM
with the money from both his and Cescs deal we could shop till we dropped

or more likely we could let Wenger get his hands on the dosh and totally screw things up

If Cesc goes, Nasri stays
if Cesc stays, then I dont have a clue what Nasri will do.......but for a 23 years old who has so far had one decent half of a season that he balanced out with an absolute crap other half, he does hold himself in somewhat elevated esteem......

get tired of the inflated egos walking around the place.......did you hear that Nic and Denilson......two more that have no or very little claims to fame

AKBapologist
05-06-2011, 05:11 PM
gervinho 2 goals and 2 assists for Ivory coast today

Must get.

The Realist
05-06-2011, 05:52 PM
gervinho 2 goals and 2 assists for Ivory coast today

Must get.

Highlights?

alexander
05-06-2011, 07:28 PM
with the money from both his and Cescs deal we could shop till we dropped

or more likely we could let Wenger get his hands on the dosh and totally screw things up

If Cesc goes, Nasri stays
if Cesc stays, then I dont have a clue what Nasri will do.......but for a 23 years old who has so far had one decent half of a season that he balanced out with an absolute crap other half, he does hold himself in somewhat elevated esteem......

get tired of the inflated egos walking around the place.......did you hear that Nic and Denilson......two more that have no or very little claims to fame

I dont mind losing one or the other, but losing both would be mad.

Xhaka Can’t
05-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I dont mind losing one or the other, but losing both would be mad.

Substitute 'mad' with 'inevitable' and you pretty much have the reality of the situation. Some have said we have passed the 'tipping point' where the Club heads into decline it can do little to arrest and it appears they are right. Not that any efforts are being made to arrest the decline as the Board appear content to let Wenger carry on with the same mistakes and same false promises for the future.

Wenger's protestations of the closeness and togetherness of the squad seemed hollow at the time, now they are clearly demonstrated to have been utter bullshit that would have been too embarrassing for even Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf to utter.

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 07:56 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/06/05/2518979/arsenal-to-offer-17m-for-lilles-gervinho-report

2 points from the article

1 - Lille want £15m for Gervinho which Wenger wont spend

2 - Gervinho has said if he leaves Lille, he wants to go to a club who will challenge in Europe which counts us out

In conclusion, we arent getting Gervinho

The Realist
05-06-2011, 08:45 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/06/05/2518979/arsenal-to-offer-17m-for-lilles-gervinho-report

2 points from the article

1 - Lille want £15m for Gervinho which Wenger wont spend

2 - Gervinho has said if he leaves Lille, he wants to go to a club who will challenge in Europe which counts us out

In conclusion, we arent getting Gervinho

Gervinho isn't good enough - certainly no better than what we have already.

I personally have a feeling we're going to see a lot more of Chamakh next season

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Yeah Chamakh will be better next season.

Hoping we play 2 up top with him and a new striker.

RVP will be out for 5 months as usual

PGFC
05-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Yeah Chamakh will be better next season.

Hoping we play 2 up top with him and a new striker.

RVP will be out for 5 months as usual

Maybe we'll get Ade back, on the cheap.

:whistle:

Cripps_orig
05-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Maybe we'll get Ade back, on the cheap.

:whistle:

Cant see him wanting to move down a couple of levels tbh

Hes played at the highest level with Real

Our boy come good :bow:

So much for the Arsenal curse :rose:

dazthegooner
05-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Well tbf Wenger is right the team are unified they all seem to want out ;)

AKBapologist
06-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Looks like cesc is fucking off too
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/194506/Mad-for-Cesc-Fabregas/

Mr. Lahey
06-06-2011, 01:39 AM
Looks like cesc is fucking off too
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/194506/Mad-for-Cesc-Fabregas/
:wave:Captain Shittacular