PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Mr.Singh
01-08-2011, 07:12 PM
I see letters came through and "Cleaned" up, what a tool

Letters
01-08-2011, 07:15 PM
I see letters came through and "Cleaned" up, what a tool

OK. I've asked you nicely. Now I've just stopped you posting.

:shrug:

Master Splinter
01-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Mr.Singh banned again?

:haha:

Who was he having a go at now?

Özim
01-08-2011, 07:19 PM
BS story, we were never in for him....Wenger won't spend that kind of cash, it the usual nonsense about us trying to sign this player and that player that never happens.

Wenger is probably in France looking for his next mickey mouse signing he can pick up on the cheap, either that or writing down his next elaborate excuse for doing f*ck all in the transfer market.

The important question is how long are we going to have to put up with him, another 3-4 years, we won't see the players we need come in till he leaves IMO.

Letters
01-08-2011, 07:19 PM
A few people. Asked him nicely to cut it out and he responded (both here and by PM) abusively.

Bai

:wave:

Master Splinter
01-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Bai Bhai

:gp:

Master Splinter
01-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Wenger is probably in France looking for his next mickey mouse signing he can pick up on the cheap

Sagna :bow:

Nasri :bow:

Gervinho :bow:

Great signings.

Power n Glory
01-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Well, sure, but if, as reported, the deal fell through because payment wasn't made in time, you can't really blame the guy who isn't in charge of the cheque book.

Well, you can, but it wouldn't make much sense.

True, it could be a admin mess up, but I can't imagine that happening without Wenger being kept in the loop. Especially when it's to replace one of our main stars. He should be kicking up a complete stink otherwise.

We'll soon see what happens but those who said the club leaked these transfer stories to try an calm the fans for the weekends Emirates Cup could be right. It's crafty stuff.

Power n Glory
01-08-2011, 07:29 PM
A few people. Asked him nicely to cut it out and he responded (both here and by PM) abusively.

Bai

It was provoked. Syn called him a moron...hence the middle finger type response.

GP
01-08-2011, 07:31 PM
It was provoked. Syn called him a moron...hence the middle finger type response.

That's completely unfair to Syn.

He was also calling you and NQ a moron.

Letters
01-08-2011, 07:37 PM

No. He called everyone a moron, which isn't the worst insult ever and wasn't aimed specifically at Mr Singh.
Mr Singh's response was way out of proportion, was specifically aimed at 3 different posters in 3 different posts, he followed it up with a (fairly mild) insult to me on this thread after I deleted the posts and an abusive response to my (polite) PM asking him to cut it out, especially as it's not the first time I've had to warn him.

</discussion>

Power n Glory
01-08-2011, 07:38 PM
That's completely unfair to Syn.

He was also calling you and NQ a moron.

He wasn't speaking to me, I wasn't involved in that convo.

And you're a piss taker so don't respond to my posts. I wasn't talking to you. You never have anything serious to say. No time for the wind ups.

Özim
01-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Sagna :bow:

Nasri :bow:

Gervinho :bow:

Great signings.

Koscielny
Squillaci
Chamakh

Also Gervinho hasn't even played for us yet

Özim
01-08-2011, 07:43 PM
He wasn't speaking to me, I wasn't involved in that convo.

And you're a piss taker so don't respond to my posts. I wasn't talking to you. You never have anything serious to say. No time for the wind ups.
:goodpost:

Özim
01-08-2011, 07:44 PM
No. He called everyone a moron, which isn't the worst insult ever and wasn't aimed specifically at Mr Singh.
Mr Singh's response was way out of proportion, was specifically aimed at 3 different posters in 3 different posts, he followed it up with a (fairly mild) insult to me on this thread after I deleted the posts and an abusive response to my (polite) PM asking him to cut it out, especially as it's not the first time I've had to warn him.

</discussion>
I don't think he called everyone a moron at all, it was clearly targeted at certain people IMO. Stuff like that it always going to annoy people to be honest.

If people post comments that are clearly insulting it's no surprise things get a bit heated, but when it does you can't then go an stop someone posting for responding in annoyance.

Niall_Quinn
01-08-2011, 07:46 PM

</discussion>

You seem to have missed the sneaky little girl who poured the petrol.

Power n Glory
01-08-2011, 07:47 PM
If the conversation got out of hand and then I could understand. Oh well, another poster down.

Letters
01-08-2011, 07:56 PM
If people post comments that are clearly insulting it's no surprise things get a bit heated, but when it does you can't then go an stop someone posting for responding in annoyance.

It wasn't a single annoyed response, it was 3, targeted, abusive posts.
Followed by an abusive post aimed at me when I deleted them.
Followed by an even more abusive response to my perfectly polite PM asking him to stop.
As I've said this isn't the first time we've had to warn him on this board and he was abusive on the old one too.

Like I said, Syn's post was general and no-one else responded abusively, neither did anyone report his post.

cricketsi
01-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Koscielny
Squillaci
Chamakh

Also Gervinho hasn't even played for us yet

We signed Squillaci from the Spanish league :whistle:

:haha:at the defending of Mr Singh.

Niall_Quinn
01-08-2011, 07:59 PM
It wasn't a single annoyed response, it was 3, targeted, abusive posts.
Followed by an abusive post aimed at me when I deleted them.
Followed by an even more abusive response to my perfectly polite PM asking him to stop.
As I've said this isn't the first time we've had to warn him on this board and he was abusive on the old one too.

Like I said, Syn's post was general and no-one else responded abusively, neither did anyone report his post.

Well it's not quite as bad as threatening the human species by releasing terminator genes into the wild in the hope of short term profit, or causing a war costing a hundred thousand lives by lying about intelligence data, but if he was insulting then I guess the cunt has to go.

AKBapologist
01-08-2011, 08:04 PM
@SkyGraemeBailey: Juan Mata's father says Valencia rejected Arsenal's offer. Staying with Valencia now looks most likely option

Özim
01-08-2011, 08:05 PM
We signed Squillaci from the Spanish league :whistle:

:haha:at the defending of Mr Singh.
He's French, he's cheap, he's sh*t.....they all count.

Niall_Quinn
01-08-2011, 08:06 PM
@SkyGraemeBailey: Juan Mata's father says Valencia rejected Arsenal's offer. Staying with Valencia now looks most likely option

We're so unlucky - always bidding just below the asking price. What are the chances?

Grebbo
01-08-2011, 08:07 PM
We're so unlucky - always bidding just below the asking price. What are the chances?

We're such fucking cheap bastards. I'm getting sick to death of it.

Power n Glory
01-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Wenger is a bargain bin shopper. He's like the kind of guy that needs a new pair of shoes but rather than go out and buy a decent new pair, he'll snoop around the bargain bins and then try to haggle to get the price even lower.

If that fails, he'll make do with his worn out old ones and try to make them look new by giving them a spit shine and buying new laces!

Niall_Quinn
01-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Wenger is a bargain bin shopper. He's like the kind of guy that needs a new pair of shoes but rather than go out and buy a decent new pair, he'll snoop around the bargain bins and then try to haggle to get the price even lower.

If that fails, he'll make do with his worn out old ones and try to make them look new by giving them a spit shine and buying new laces!

You sure about those new laces?

selassie
01-08-2011, 09:56 PM

These days we bid half the price of what the selling club wants for players, but at least Arsene can tell us all at the start of the season that he tried to buy players, but he couldn't find any players at the right price that were better than what we currently have.

gunnerrrrr
01-08-2011, 10:05 PM
we are such a bunch of fucking cunts, looks like we have fucked up the Mata deal....whoever negotiates for transfers is a fucking imbecile.

AKBapologist
01-08-2011, 10:34 PM
It's a funny business this twitter shite.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/01/arsenal-valencia-juan-mata?cat=football&type=article

cricketsi
01-08-2011, 11:23 PM
If the latest set of reports on the Mata situation are true then the club is really making it hard for me to renew my Optimism Clique membership. Surely the Mata deal (if there ever was one) has not fallen through because of Cesc?! It makes no business sense to stall so his price can potentially rise because we're waiting on another deal which seems inevitable at some point. I was so excited about the prospect of Mata, I wonder what the situation really has been over the past two weeks.

Niall_Quinn
01-08-2011, 11:29 PM
If the latest set of reports on the Mata situation are true then the club is really making it hard for me to renew my Optimism Clique membership. Surely the Mata deal (if there ever was one) has not fallen through because of Cesc?! It makes no business sense to stall so his price can potentially rise because we're waiting on another deal which seems inevitable at some point. I was so excited about the prospect of Mata, I wonder what the situation really has been over the past two weeks.

We underbid for Alonso, underbid for Jagielka and who knows how many more we missed out on because we wouldn't pay a few more quid like every other club? At a guess I'd say we've been underbidding on Mata, if we've been bidding at all.

AKBapologist
01-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Meanwhile...

http://mformethod.com/bin/362000256.jpg

...and the vortex of despair continues.

GP
01-08-2011, 11:35 PM
I don't really care about cricket tbh.

cricketsi
01-08-2011, 11:38 PM

Moron

Niall_Quinn
01-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Meanwhile...
...and the vortex of despair continues.

Utd are a serious club going for the title and the CL. It's unfair to compare them to us.

GP
01-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Moron

That's a banning.

The Realist
02-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Moron

cricketsi
02-08-2011, 12:08 AM
That's a banning.

We'll find out when Letters reads his inbox, the stupid ****

Japan Shaking All Over
02-08-2011, 04:35 AM
seems like I missed a bit of action!

but I did wake up to see the news of Joey 'I'm a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic' Barton being allowed to leave, thus causing a scramble amongst top teams - Not sure if we are a top team :unsure:but I did see our name mentioned too!

now I know I am going to be killed for this and I have said in the past that I would hate to see that piece of trash don and Arsenal shirt

but could it be that we need a player with his tenacity and never say die mentality...........?

by the looks of pre-season we still lack 'balls'

fakeyank
02-08-2011, 05:53 AM
seems like I missed a bit of action!

but I did wake up to see the news of Joey 'I'm a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic' Barton being allowed to leave, thus causing a scramble amongst top teams - Not sure if we are a top team :unsure:but I did see our name mentioned too!

now I know I am going to be killed for this and I have said in the past that I would hate to see that piece of trash don and Arsenal shirt

but could it be that we need a player with his tenacity and never say die mentality...........?

by the looks of pre-season we still lack 'balls'

I'd like to see him in an Arsenal shirt

Japan Shaking All Over
02-08-2011, 07:00 AM
got a feeling you might not be the only one.........I for one am starting to think it might not be a bad idea either.......saying that it took me a while to admit I was an alcoholic too

AKBapologist
02-08-2011, 07:20 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Manchester-City-set-bid-22million-Arsenal-Samir-Nasri-within-next-48-hours-according-to-report-article780123.html

Özim
02-08-2011, 08:28 AM
I really can't stand having such a loser being in charge of managing the club, if he tried and failed then fine, it's better to do your best and come up short than not trying at all. This muppet refuses to make the changes when it's clear as day what we need, based on some delusional principles noone gives a toss about, I wish someone would bring him back down to earth and tell it how it really is!

Over the last few years whilst other clubs have been trying to improve we've sat around doing nothing, it defies belief.

Letters
02-08-2011, 08:33 AM

I don't like cricket. Oh no.
It's shit.

LDG
02-08-2011, 08:58 AM
On Mata, from Mata's father:

"Valencia simply rejected their offer. After some hesitation they answered ‘no’ to the Gunners’ offer. So my son remains a Valencia player, for now. But I don’t think it’s their last offer.

There are several offers for Mata and I think that Arsenal will come forward again. The situation is still evolving"

:shrug:

Don't see much wrong with that. If Valancia hesitated, it must have been a sum that nearly made the grade....therefore, I assume we'll go back with a counter-offer if we really want him. If they're upping their price by 10m more, then sorry, fuck off.....

selassie
02-08-2011, 09:30 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/204142/Arsenal-fans-are-Gunner-have-to-be-patient/

Are we the only club in World Football where the Chairman & Manager regularly tell us fans to be patient?

Also the part about VAT rise & the increase in Season tickets...does PHW think we're stupid?

I loathe PHW & his condesending tone.

ARSENAL chairman Peter Hill-Wood yesterday warned the club’s disgruntled fans they would have to be “bloody patient”.

Supporters at The Emirates turned on boss Arsene Wenger and his team at the end of the 1-1 with the New York Red Bulls on Sunday.

The north Londoners look to be a club on the cusp of a crisis, with skipper Cesc Fabregas seemingly on his way to Barcelona and doubts over the futures of two of their other big names – Samir Nasri and Robin van Persie.

Six seasons without a trophy and last campaign’s capitulation – after they were at one stage going for four *trophies – has tested the patience of fans who are also angry at a season-ticket price hike of six per cent.

And with Champions League *qualification yet to be confirmed, Frenchman Wenger faces the toughest test in his 15 years at the club.

A poor start – particularly failure for the first time under Wenger to make it into the Champions League group stages – would, according to most pundits, see the manager’s job under threat for the first time.

But Hill-Wood was adamant *yesterday that Wenger remained the right man for the job and *insisted he had the support of him and the rest of the board.

Reflecting on the supporters’ negative reaction at the *conclusion of the Emirates Cup, Hill-Wood said: “I think it is unattractive but I suppose they pay their money and are entitled to do what they want. I think it is unjustified.

“As Arsene said, we are looking to buy some players but we are not going to do our business in public. They are going to have to be bloody patient – as we are.

“It is frustrating for both the fans and Arsene and the board.

“I don’t listen to the pundits, quite frankly. I am 100 per cent behind Arsene and so are the board. I think he has done fantastically well.”

Hill-Wood was then asked how he’d feel if the Gunners, whose last trophy was the FA Cup in 2005, went another season without silverware.

He replied: “Some people have gone 25 years without a trophy and it is becoming more and more difficult with all the people with *unlimited pockets.”

As for the price rise for season tickets, where Arsenal were already the dearest in the league, Hill-Wood said: “People don’t seem to realise that VAT went up so we weren’t trying to make any money out of it.”

Attracting young players and teaching them the Arsenal way to try to instil loyalty, worked for years.

But with moneybags Manchester City – who have splashed the cash even more than Roman Abramovich at Chelsea – now on the scene the Gunners’ stance has started to look more and more isolated.

Wenger needs a trophy desperately – and his devastation at losing out on the once-derided Carling Cup tells its own story.

But there was nothing gung-ho about Hill-Wood’s message: “Wait and see but we are confident we are not going to have a bad season.”

Trouble is, judging by Sunday’s events, not having a bad season does not look like it will be good enough for the frustrated fans.

LDG
02-08-2011, 09:32 AM
I see GB's letter did the trick.

Özim
02-08-2011, 09:40 AM
That's what we all love about the club, the way that they listen to the supporters carefully and take everything they say very seriously.

KSE Comedy Club
02-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Yes thats right. We do our business in private, no fanfare, nothing to get excited about.

Those dirty, dirty transfers.

selassie
02-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Yes thats right. We do our business in private, no fanfare, nothing to get excited about.

Those dirty, dirty transfers.

:lol:

You gotta love PHW & Arsene, they are so arrogant, made for each other really. The way they look down on other clubs for spending money really is something else!

Injury Time
02-08-2011, 10:11 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/204142/Arsenal-fans-are-Gunner-have-to-be-patient/

Are we the only club in World Football where the Chairman & Manager regularly tell us fans to be patient?

Also the part about VAT rise & the increase in Season tickets...does PHW think we're stupid?

VAT went up 2.5% so tickets went up 6%, so Arsene "2% from domination" is really nearer 5% the bastard <_<

Özim
02-08-2011, 10:15 AM

The guy is such a pr*ck honestly, I can't stand him either.....he thinks he's superior and his arrogant comments stink of someone too comfortable with things and not worried of any kind of backlash.

I so wish the people who pay for tickets made a stand and made him realise that we don't want such a condascending tosser at the club, I don't understand how he gets away with half the stuff he says.

Grebbo
02-08-2011, 11:10 AM
PHW “Wait and see but we are confident we are not going to have a bad season.”

There's ambition for ya.

Keith
02-08-2011, 11:20 AM
VAT went up 2.5% so tickets went up 6%, so Arsene "2% from domination" is really nearer 5% the bastard <_<

But didn't they hold tickets from when VAT was 15%?

Grebbo
02-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Why haven't we sold Nasri yet?

I don't get it. He wants to leave, he's not that great, he's going to sulk like the mega lesbo he is if we don't sell him. He'll be worth £0 after January.

Sell him and buy someone good.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-08-2011, 11:41 AM
That's what we all love about the club, the way that they listen to the supporters carefully and take everything they say very seriously.

meh way of the game tbh

The guy is such a pr*ck honestly, I can't stand him either.....he thinks he's superior and his arrogant comments stink of someone too comfortable with things and not worried of any kind of backlash.

I so wish the people who pay for tickets made a stand and made him realise that we don't want such a condascending tosser at the club, I don't understand how he gets away with half the stuff he says.

who's going to challenge him though, people will always want to go and watcgh Arsenal reagdless thats the problem, Until you relaise we are not longer a league winning club then more you won't feel so let down.

The People will lie to us and try and get away with shit for as long as they can. end of the day footie is a buisness now, fans are like customers to these lot tbh, its like putting your suggsestion in the suggestion box in harrods thinking they may listen when really they don't give a shit tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-08-2011, 11:42 AM

I don't get it. He wants to leave, he's not that great, he's going to sulk like the mega lesbo he is if we don't sell him. He'll be worth £0 after January.

:gp: yep get rid of him

Power n Glory
02-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Maarten Stekelenburg from Ajax in a reported €6.3million (£5.5m) deal.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_7076883,00.html

That's dirt cheap for a good keeper.

Injury Time
02-08-2011, 12:54 PM
But didn't they hold tickets from when VAT was 15%?
Not sure was too busy getting bummed with a membership fee, booking fee and being the most expensive ticket in the country to notice :unsure: would still be 5% not 6% shirley?

selassie
02-08-2011, 01:44 PM

I think we should sell him too, he clearly doesn't want to be here.

Wenger is keeping him at the club to save face. He's such a hyprocrite, how can he preach on about Finances and doing things the right way when he's prepared to waver 20-25million? It really doesn't make any sense to me.

IBK
02-08-2011, 01:49 PM
I think we should sell him too, he clearly doesn't want to be here.

Wenger is keeping him at the club to save face. He's such a hyprocrite, how can he preach on about Finances and doing things the right way when he's prepared to waver 20-25million? It really doesn't make any sense to me.

Amen to that brother. It seems a wierd way to pick his fights. Flog him. Buy Mata. Move on.

Master Splinter
02-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Bendtner to Stoke stories popping up.

Being a giant talentless oaf, he'd fit right in.

But probably score a hat-trick against us.

Japan Shaking All Over
02-08-2011, 04:30 PM
seriously, I thought the Lisbion deal was done and dusted?

Olivier's xmas twist
02-08-2011, 04:43 PM
seriously, I thought the Lisbion deal was done and dusted?

same...

Özim
02-08-2011, 05:27 PM
same...
Noone told Lisbon!

Master Splinter
02-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Lisbon pulled out because his wages were apparently too high.

And no, I don't think he gets 52k. Alot of PL players would be out of their wage range, probably.

AKBapologist
02-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Rumours on twitter suggest that Nasri has agreed to sign a new deal, will sign sometime before summer. Given it's of a positive nature...

Meanwhile, Darren Dien, Cesc's is agent, has just become RVP's agent too... /o\

Niall_Quinn
02-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Rumours on twitter suggest that Nasri has agreed to sign a new deal, will sign sometime before summer. Given it's of a positive nature...

Meanwhile, Darren Dien, Cesc's is agent, has just become RVP's agent too... /o\

Cesc this year and RvP next? Is that ridiculous law making it illegal to kill agents in cold blood still in force?

Coney
02-08-2011, 07:38 PM

You forget. Given it is a rumour that Nasri will sign a new deal, the doomsayers will diss it. If it was a rumour that he was going anyway, they would be spouting it as a sign of Wenger's incompetence.

Master Splinter
02-08-2011, 08:57 PM
You forget. Given it is a rumour that Nasri will sign a new deal, the doomsayers will diss it. If it was a rumour that he was going anyway, they would be spouting it as a sign of Wenger's incompetence.

If he does sign, it will be evidence that Wenger has shown weakness by caving into demands and the fact that it would now require a huge transfer fee to prise him from us will not matter anymore.

GP
02-08-2011, 08:58 PM
If he does sign, it will be evidence that Wenger has shown weakness by caving into demands and the fact that it would now require a huge transfer fee to prise him from us will not matter anymore.

lol Wenger is incompetent.

AKBapologist
02-08-2011, 11:02 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8678133/Barcelona-set-to-make-final-push-for-Arsenal-captain-Cesc-Fabregas-by-tabling-35-million-offer.html

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Everton-Arsenal-Phil-Jagielka-will-snub-Gunners-article780238.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2021688/Arsenal-plan-watch-Birminghams-Scott-Dann.html?

Master Splinter
02-08-2011, 11:10 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8678133/Barcelona-set-to-make-final-push-for-Arsenal-captain-Cesc-Fabregas-by-tabling-35-million-offer.html

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Everton-Arsenal-Phil-Jagielka-will-snub-Gunners-article780238.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2021688/Arsenal-plan-watch-Birminghams-Scott-Dann.html?

:ilt:

Xhaka Can’t
02-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Wow, links.

Great.

Niall_Quinn
02-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Wow, links.

Great.

In summary:
Barca offer £35mill plus Fabregas is prepared to take a £5mill wage cut over his contract so the cuntalans can offer add-ons.
Jagielka has told us to fuck off.
City will offer £22mill for Lesbo.
Wenger thinks Cahill is too expensive and is now looking at some bloke called Scott Dann who has just recovered from a big time injury.
We're on the verge of signing some unknown kid and we've upped our bid for Campbell by a pound (or is it a euro?).
Some other kid that apparently is on our books has gone out on loan.
Wenger is reluctant to let Walcott, Wilshere and RvP get long term injuries in the upcoming, utterly pointless and pathetically timed England friendly vs Holland.
Gibbs is a crock.

All good.

AKBapologist
02-08-2011, 11:23 PM
If the tool bar that allowed easy creation of quotes worked on the iphone i'd think about posting more than quotes. Until then, /effort.

Keith
03-08-2011, 07:18 AM
And in the news Samba to spurs and Enrique to pool.

Screwed.

selassie
03-08-2011, 07:47 AM

All positive news then?

The sad thing is all of that is believable. :sulk:

KSE Comedy Club
03-08-2011, 07:53 AM
You lot should be 'bloody patient' :sulk:

Fats
03-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Boats engine is running and is about to depart Mr Wenger, would you like to get on?

LDG
03-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Jags is shite.

Nasri can piss off.

We all want the cesc thing to end so we can get on.

What's the beef?

Clearly we need the cesc money to do any further business, so get hi out the door and get on with our lives.

Japan Shaking All Over
03-08-2011, 09:33 AM
:ilt:

seriously can't get my head round what it feels like to be a Gooner........I mean I know they are rumours and rumours are there to be taken with a pinch of salt but seriously......do we have to go through the Russian roulette scenario that every transfer window has seemed to become for the last few years......the answer is obviously 'yes'

somebody wake me up when we get some good news.......cos I think I going to take a lie down!

KSE Comedy Club
03-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Couple of pieces form ANR this weekend:

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/news/2149/30/Arsenal-will-sign-three-players-this-week/

Arsenal are about to sign three players.

I was staggered by the latest whisper : Arsenal will sign three experienced players this week.

Three new internationals.

Two play in the EPL already.

Wow ! I never thought this would happen.
Makes good commercial sense. Good players put bums on seats.
Wenger has finally realised that he has to do this to keep his job.

Hallelujah !

But it’s hard to unload the dross.
Because Dead Wood Rovers is a highly-paid team of flaky failures.

Wenger buys potential and this lot have been at Arsenal for far too long and they're paid far too much money and they're very hard to shift. Nobody wants them. What a surprise !
Clubs have been calling Arsenal for months but they’re shocked by the wages these clowns are on. I had that confirmed way back in June. They say, "You're paying him what?"

And that's the end of the conversation.
No other club in England has so many average players earning megamoney.

You’re dealing with egos and heavy contracts and it’s very difficult to unload Almunia, Eboue, Squillaci, Bendtner, Chamakh, Vela and Fabianski,
Only Clichy has been sold so far.

Denilson has been loaned.

Bottom line : Wenger has paid multi-millions to donkeys and posers.

Good news : AS Roma have asked about Chamakh to replace Vucinic, who has just been sold to Juventus for 15m euros.

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/news/2150/30/Arsenal-will-sign-Jagielka-and-Cahill-very-soon/

Here we go again.
It's 7.59 a.m. and most people think that's too early to put your balls on those cold rails.

But here goes.
I'm here to pass on what I think is true from the kaleidoscope we call the transfer market, which moves in slow motion in July.
In August it speeds up, shakes itself more often, so that some names disappear and others re-appear.
The kaleidoscope sparkles, surprises, then changes, changes again, and becomes a firework show in the last week of August, with Roman candles, bangers and big rockets.

Arsenal will sign Gary Cahill and Phil Jagielka very soon.

Don't say : It's amazing that Wenger is signing two English centrebacks.

Do say : Myles knows what he's talking about.

Don't say : He's doing this to wind us up.

Do say : He's consistent. He's always said : I'm here to tell you what I think. If I don't do that, I'm cheating my readers and wasting my time.

And spare me the 'myles palmer's this' and 'myles palmer's that' bollocks. Wenger and the board are just as capable of talking shit as this guy supposedly is.

GP
03-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Palmer :lol:

Cripps_orig
03-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Don't know who this Myles Palmer is but hoping he's right

LDG
03-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Lol.

We're not signing anyone else.

Fist of Lehmann
03-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Jugs and Cahill??

If I seem sceptical, it's because I am. :good:

Olivier's xmas twist
03-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Jags is shite.

Nasri can piss off.

We all want the cesc thing to end so we can get on.

What's the beef?

Clearly we need the cesc money to do any further business, so get hi out the door and get on with our lives.

This.. its not a loss if we don't sign him tbh rather get Cahill(probs not going to happen) anyway.

Niall_Quinn
03-08-2011, 10:53 AM
AS Roma have asked about Chamakh to replace Vucinic, who has just been sold to Juventus for 15m euros.

If only this happened it would be something positive and of benefit to the team at least.

Olivier's xmas twist
03-08-2011, 10:53 AM
And in the news Samba to spurs and Enrique to pool.

Screwed.

Thats just rubbish in the papers nothing confirmed

LDG
03-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Thats just rubbish in the papers nothing confirmed

OMG, really!!!

Phew.

server too busy!
03-08-2011, 11:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hlt6A9OCRQ

Looks pretty damn good, would be a great replacement for Bendtner if he came.

LDG
03-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Looks pretty decent....strikes the ball like Henry did with his right foot.

If those are his only goals though....and he's played 250 times....well, I'd like to see the shit bits too!!

server too busy!
03-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Looks pretty decent....strikes the ball like Henry did with his right foot.

If those are his only goals though....and he's played 250 times....well, I'd like to see the shit bits too!!

Those are just his goals for Costa Rica, I suspect there isn't much live footage of him at his club.

LDG
03-08-2011, 11:42 AM
O'rly.

Cool. Well, he looks the type of player we need.

KSE Comedy Club
03-08-2011, 12:28 PM
an actual striker!

Olivier's xmas twist
03-08-2011, 01:06 PM
OMG, really!!!

Phew.

Sun says they offered £10 million and blackburn want more, not so sure spurs wanna pay more then that for him, though.

Darth Vela
03-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Great news! We've signed our CB!

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/bartley-signs-new-contract-with-arsenal?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+(News+Feed)

(http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/bartley-signs-new-contract-with-arsenal?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+(News+Feed))

Cripps_orig
03-08-2011, 01:35 PM
yay

Xhaka Can’t
03-08-2011, 01:35 PM
He's probably on £30k a week now.

Japan Shaking All Over
03-08-2011, 03:09 PM
He's probably on £30k a week now.

thats about the going rate for an own goal I hear

The Realist
03-08-2011, 08:25 PM
I think Afobe is one of the top U21 strikers in the world today.

He has everything in his locker to be up there with Rooney, Tevez and Eto'o within the next 12 months and given his age he can surpass them.

When Rooney, Eto'o and Tevez entered the scene at 18 they didn't have his pace, power and agility but more importantly his first touch inside the box with a natural instinct to bury any chance given.

Would also like to comment on our CB issues, I think Kyle Bartley and Issy Miguel are the two best U21 centre backs in Europe, there is no need to spend when they can be blooded through.

I do believe that Kyle Bartley has been compared as a greater prospect than Colin Hendry by Rangers fans who were in awe at his performances keeping them in matches they couldn't have survived in without him, just look at the Malmo result. Bartley does look a better prospect than Rio at this stage in his career, he's more athletic and reads the game more importantly better than Rio which makes him an invaluable youngster for us.

Miquel has been given praise by Carlos Puyol stating he think he's his natural succesor having taken time out from Barcelona pre-season to watch the man in the recent U21 Championships won by Spain and states he's one of the best central defensive prospect he's seen since playing.

Frimpong is on the rapid rise, it wont be long before he surpasses Song in defensive midfield, Roman Riquelme a man whose played in Champions League and WC Finals for last 10 years regarded as one of the best playmakers around stated on Sunday that" Frimpong was the toughest opponent he's ever faced in midfield, he state he couldn't believe the potential he has and how difficult he found it to make space"

I think we have at least £120m worth of youth talent that needs to be given a chance to shine, it will be a one winter monday in the forth coming season that these 4-5 will break down a Chelsea, United, City full of multimillion pound players and will go onto be greats for our club.

Niall_Quinn
03-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Does this mean we are building a team for the future?

Olivier's xmas twist
03-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Karim Benzema has sought to play down rumours linking him with an imminent move to Arsenal.

Reports throughout the summer have suggested that the Real Madrid striker is a top target for the Gunners.

Arsene Wenger is known to be an admirer of his fellow Frenchman and has been regularly linked with an approach for his services in the past.

It has been claimed that this could be the year he makes his move, with Benzema facing an uncertain future in Spain.

Despite being able to boast an impressive strike rate during his time with Real, he has struggled to hold down a regular role and suffered a falling-out with coach Jose Mourinho last season.

He is, however, adamant that he has no desire to leave Santiago Bernabeu and is not actively looking for a move elsewhere.

Self-belief
With his stance having been cleared up, he hopes the speculation suggesting he is poised to make a move to England will be brought to an end.

He insists Arsenal have never approached Real regarding a potential transfer, and he is keen to point out that he remains fully committed to Los Blancos.

"My place is at this club," Benzema told L'Equipe.

"I have never talked to My Wenger or anyone else.

"I want to enjoy success here. I have found my self-belief. This season, I know we will win titles."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7079158,00.html

My Wenger WTF

Sky Sports News understands Tottenham have put a cash-plus-players offer to Blackburn for Chris Samba.

The Rovers centre-half is hot property this summer, with a number of sides reported to be keeping a close eye on his situation.

Arsenal were believed to be heading the queue at one stage, but they have turned their attention to Everton's Phil Jagielka of late.

Samba, though, continues to attract plenty of interest, having hinted that he would be prepared to move on.

He only penned a new long-term contract with Blackburn in February, but has often aired his desire to turn out for a club challenging for UEFA Champions League qualification.

Additions
Spurs could offer him that opportunity and Harry Redknapp is reportedly keen to add Samba to his ranks.

Tottenham have been relatively quiet in the transfer market this summer, but feel defensive additions would be wise.

They are over-stocked in other departments and have the means to offer some of their surplus talent to rivals as part of a bid.

It was hoped that such a package would appeal to Blackburn, as they attempt to piece together a competitive squad of their own.

It is, however, understood that Rovers are reluctant to discuss the current terms, with it their preference to keep Samba on the books at Ewood Park.

I swear he wanted to join a team in the CL not one who may have trouble qualifying for it in the next few seasons tbh

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11676_7079180,00.html

IBK
03-08-2011, 09:06 PM

He has everything in his locker to be up there with Rooney, Tevez and Eto'o within the next 12 months and given his age he can surpass them.

When Rooney, Eto'o and Tevez entered the scene at 18 they didn't have his pace, power and agility but more importantly his first touch inside the box with a natural instinct to bury any chance given.

Would also like to comment on our CB issues, I think Kyle Bartley and Issy Miguel are the two best U21 centre backs in Europe, there is no need to spend when they can be blooded through.

I do believe that Kyle Bartley has been compared as a greater prospect than Colin Hendry by Rangers fans who were in awe at his performances keeping them in matches they couldn't have survived in without him, just look at the Malmo result. Bartley does look a better prospect than Rio at this stage in his career, he's more athletic and reads the game more importantly better than Rio which makes him an invaluable youngster for us.

Miquel has been given praise by Carlos Puyol stating he think he's his natural succesor having taken time out from Barcelona pre-season to watch the man in the recent U21 Championships won by Spain and states he's one of the best central defensive prospect he's seen since playing.

Frimpong is on the rapid rise, it wont be long before he surpasses Song in defensive midfield, Roman Riquelme a man whose played in Champions League and WC Finals for last 10 years regarded as one of the best playmakers around stated on Sunday that" Frimpong was the toughest opponent he's ever faced in midfield, he state he couldn't believe the potential he has and how difficult he found it to make space"

I think we have at least £120m worth of youth talent that needs to be given a chance to shine, it will be a one winter monday in the forth coming season that these 4-5 will break down a Chelsea, United, City full of multimillion pound players and will go onto be greats for our club.

feck me - that's fresh :clap:

fakeyank
03-08-2011, 10:42 PM

First of, let me start with :haha:

Then the 'I thinks'.. I think if I was born in England, I wouldve been playing for Arsenal and making 200,000 pound a week

Kyle Bartley is good but is he the answer to our problems this season? Does he have experience in a pressure cooker situation? Has he won anything of note?

'Carlos Puyol'.. Oh No!! :lol: Now we have another m'fucker with Barca DNA. Even if he becomes good, he will eventually want to leave us to his boyhood club.

Multimillion dollar worth of player talent.. How the F is that going to help us this season? Mrs Johnson has an embryo (boy) that has the potential of being a 2 billion $ player in 20 years.. does that help us in 2011-12 season? NO! As for these future players being greats for our club.. a lot of players have that chance with us but they will eventually leave to the Madrids, Barcas, Citys and Milans. IF we continue with AW and the way this board is working, I am sure we will soon be a mid-table team scrapping for Europa league places!

Master Splinter
03-08-2011, 11:17 PM
IF we continue with AW and the way this board is working, I am sure we will soon be a mid-table team scrapping for Europa league places!

Mid-table doesn't get you a Europa League place.

Cripps_orig
03-08-2011, 11:17 PM
That stuff about Afobe is quality :lol:Rooney at 18 was starring for club and country in major tournaments, Etoo came through Real Madrids ranks who are pretty awesome.Afobe at 18 hasn't played a game for a shit ass club like ours despite all of our problems upfront. That and he's a bit shit would suggest to me well he's a bit shit. Good read though

GP
08-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Oxtail-Chambermaid has now officially signed.

Awesome.

Letters
08-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Oxtail-Chambermaid has now officially signed.

Awesome.

Is he the kid who is going to be 18 in a week?

Vinger :bow:

:(

GP
08-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Also, there was a Q&A with Gazidis tonight. He was asked why we aren't going after a centre back, and his reply was 'What makes you think we aren't?'

Possibly bullshit.

Özim
08-08-2011, 07:35 PM
So we sign the Oxo cube kid, seems a decent enough player from what I saw from him so happy enough with signing him.

But another winger, really? I mean we've already signed Gervinho and we really needed some defenders and a striker to cover for RVP and choose to sign a 17 year old winger.

I do find it odd we sign players in positions which aren't positions we need to sign players in and ones without any experience as well.

Letters
08-08-2011, 07:37 PM
So we sign the Oxo cube kids, seems a decent enough player from what I saw from him so happy enough with signing him.

But another winger, really? I mean we've already signed Gervinho and we really needed some defenders and a striker to cover for RVP and choose to sign a 17 year old winger.

I do find it odd we sign players in positions which aren't positions we need to sign players in and ones without any experience as well.

:haha: Have you spent all day moaning to your colleagues as GW was down? I'm sure they're as pleased as I am that it's back. ;)

(I agree though!)

Sirjackofwilshere
Oxtail can play in cm.

fakeyank
So we sign the Oxo cube kid, seems a decent enough player from what I saw from him so happy enough with signing him.

Wenger knows! :lol:

Özim
08-08-2011, 07:38 PM
:haha: Have you spent all day moaning to your colleagues as GW was down? I'm sure they're as pleased as I am that it's back. ;)

(I agree though!)

hymppi
08-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Oxtail can play in cm.
hell, knowing AW he will be a back up for szcezny

Özim
08-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Oxtail can play in cm.
True but that isn't a position we're looking for cover for either unless we sell Cesc of course.

If we did I don't think he would be an adequate replacement at this stage, likewise Nasri realistically.

Besides we have Wilshere and Ramsey who can play in that position.

Letters
08-08-2011, 07:41 PM
From what little I know of him he's probably a decent signing but not a priority position when we clearly need an established CB and some balls.

GP
08-08-2011, 07:53 PM
It's ok, he's only cost £12m

Xhaka Can’t
08-08-2011, 07:57 PM
I heard £5m rising to £10

hymppi
08-08-2011, 08:04 PM
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/104749.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Arsenal target Samba set for scan
ESPN staff

Christopher Samba has a groin injury © Getty Images

Arsenal may be deterred from placing a bid for Blackburn's Christopher Samba after learning that the defender has been struggling with a reoccurrence of a groin injury.

Gunners manager Arsene Wenger has promised to strengthen his squad ahead of the new season, and Samba has been frequently linked with a move to Emirates Stadium.

However, Samba missed Rovers' friendly against Kilmarnock on Saturday, and Blackburn boss Steve Kean confirmed that the defender will have a scan on his injured groin.

"Chris has a niggling groin injury and I think it'll have to be looked at," Kean said. "We'll get a full scan on that early this week as it keeps reoccurring which is disappointing."

However, Kean remains confident that Samba will recover in time for Blackburn's Premier League opener against Wolves on Saturday.

"We are always hopeful because we've got a fantastic medical team," Kean added. "Dave Fevre and the lads in the medical room, if they can't get him fit then it is because he's nowhere near. If he is touch and go then I'm sure he'll be out there."

He'll fit right in...

Joker
08-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Not really the sort of signing we need. He may end up being a top quality player, but we need players who can do a job now, not someone for the future.

fakeyank
08-08-2011, 08:05 PM
It's ok, he's only cost £12m

And we offered 10 for Jagielka.. :doh:

I bet Ox is making 30-40K a week too... AW is then going to say how our wage bill is second only to city n chelsea.. wat a fucktard!

GP
08-08-2011, 08:05 PM
And we offered 10 for Jagielka.. :doh:

I bet Ox is making 30-40K a week too... AW is then going to say how our wage bill is second only to city n chelsea.. wat a fucktard!

Oh shut up you moaning git!

fakeyank
08-08-2011, 08:09 PM

Dont hate homes, participate!

GP
Apparently Bendtner is gone.

Coney

But another winger, really?

Does that mean Walcott playing at CF? If so, I like it.

Niall_Quinn

It IS a fucking monumentally stupid (and now I'm thinking corruption must be involved because how else can it be explained) decision to spend £6mill (plus £6mill later) on another kid who has DONE NOTHING, instead of adding that £6mill to our insulting offer for a proper PL defender and sorting out a major problem we've had for years. Fucking monumentally stupid. And it's far better to be a moaning git than a complacent, compliant cock scabbard. How many more thrusts are you willing to absorb before you have something to say about getting fucked up the arse?

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Oh and welcome back to you all by the way! Missed ya!

Letters
08-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Apparently Bendtner is gone.

:patrice:

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Does that mean Walcott playing at CF? If so, I like it.

Nah, he's booked in to be injured most of the season. I agree though, Theo looks far better up front than out wide. He's not a great striker by any means, but then again he's not a great winger either. But he sometimes finishes well which might grab us the odd vital goal here and there. Plus his pace will always hurt teams with a ball played over the top.

GunnerFan4Life
08-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Can someone describe Oxlade's qualities? Whats he like?

hymppi
08-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Also, there was a Q&A with Gazidis tonight. He was asked why we aren't going after a centre back, and his reply was 'What makes you think we aren't?'

Possibly bullshit.

any links? what else did he lie--- i mean say?

GP
08-08-2011, 08:15 PM
any links? what else did he lie--- i mean say?

This dude was there.

http://twitter.com/#!/ashburton_grove

Coney
08-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Nah, he's booked in to be injured most of the season. I agree though, Theo looks far better up front than out wide. He's not a great striker by any means, but then again he's not a great winger either. But he sometimes finishes well which might grab us the odd vital goal here and there. Plus his pace will always hurt teams with a ball played over the top.

When he is heading for goal and is in a central position, he does take pot-shots at goal. When he comes in from the side, he often seems unsure whether to cross or shoot and ends up making an indecisive shot/pass which loses us the momentum. His pace running through the centre onto a pass from Cesc Wilshire should cause problems for the opposition.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-08-2011, 08:19 PM
£12m and probably around £4m wages over the course of his contract.

meaning we've got around £24m left to spend.

not too promising.

hymppi
08-08-2011, 08:21 PM
This dude was there.

http://twitter.com/#!/ashburton_grove

thanks mate!
ashburton tweeted:
ashburton_grove Ashburton Grove
The stadium attendance will no longer be announced at the stadium.

huh? are they afraid we won't sell the seats?

Özim
08-08-2011, 08:23 PM
He's quick and skillful, I think he has a lot of potential, but he's only 17 so it's hard to tell how much he'll play.

From what I've seen of him, he's what I expected Walcott to be when we signed him.

fakeyank
It IS a fucking monumentally stupid (and now I'm thinking corruption must be involved because how else can it be explained) decision to spend £6mill (plus £6mill later) on another kid who has DONE NOTHING, instead of adding that £6mill to our insulting offer for a proper PL defender and sorting out a major problem we've had for years. Fucking monumentally stupid. And it's far better to be a moaning git than a complacent, compliant cock scabbard. How many more thrusts are you willing to absorb before you have something to say about getting fucked up the arse?

:gp: :bow:

Coney
thanks mate!
ashburton tweeted:
ashburton_grove Ashburton Grove
The stadium attendance will no longer be announced at the stadium.

huh? are they afraid we won't sell the seats?

That was also asked at the AST meeting. Personally, I don't give a toss either way about the attendance announcements. There are slightly more important issues.

hymppi
08-08-2011, 08:25 PM
There are slightly more important issues.
obviously.
that comment 'how do you know we already haven't (signed a cb)'...
:pray: it's not pr talk

fakeyank
08-08-2011, 08:28 PM

He is black..

Coney
08-08-2011, 08:29 PM
obviously.
that comment 'how do you know we already haven't (signed a cb)'...
:pray: it's not pr talk

I'd say it clearly indicates we are buying at least one more CB.

Of course he is right, in that the speculators claiming that nothing is happening are talking out of their arses as they have no hard information.

Coney
08-08-2011, 08:29 PM
He is black..

But is he young and gifted?

Gubby Allen
08-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Interesting signing Chamberlain. Historically when we fork out on 17 year olds, they're integrated into the side very slowly with small rises in seniority over 3 or 4 seasons - and usually with a loan involved.

But then, historically they don't cost 12 million and historically we weren't this shit.

Nothing would surprise me any more. You could tell me that come Christmas he's played 20 Premier & Champions League games or that come Christmas he's extent of time has been 20 minutes with Steve Bould's side and I could believe either.

Letters
08-08-2011, 08:31 PM
That was also asked at the AST meeting. Personally, I don't give a toss either way about the attendance announcements. There are slightly more important issues.

I'd be happy if they started to announce the attendance, 'cos they've never done that.
What they announce is tickets sold. So if I didn't go I'd still be counted 'cos effectively I've bought a ticket via my season ticket.

GP
08-08-2011, 08:31 PM
He is black..

Mixed race.

So he's not all bad.

fakeyank
08-08-2011, 08:33 PM
I'd be happy if they started to announce the attendance, 'cos they've never done that.
What they announce is tickets sold. So if I didn't go I'd still be counted 'cos effectively I've bought a ticket via my season ticket.

Can they figure out actual attendance though? Wouldnt they need to count every seat in the stadium or do they get counted when u swipe/slide your membership card?

Coney
08-08-2011, 08:33 PM

We only want your money.

fakeyank
08-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Mixed race.

So he's not all bad.

Oh boy, another Obama. Dont tell me he is Muslim as well.. :sulk:

Keith
08-08-2011, 08:37 PM

Nasri moves inside, Theo moves up front.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Apparently we're close to signing that Campbell kid as well. The crèche will be bursting come Saturday. Shame there won't be enough grown-ups to look after them.

Fist of Lehmann
08-08-2011, 08:46 PM
So, Oxfam-Chambermaid huh?

Oh well, no Mata.

Fats
08-08-2011, 08:46 PM
How much ????? For an unproven player we dont need?????

Fuck off Arsene you thick prick

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 09:02 PM
So, Oxfam-Chambermaid huh?

Oh well, no Mata.

It's still possible we'll sign Mata, Cahill, Samba, a goalkeeper and an experienced striker to save us from Chamakh when RvP is injured. There's a whole six days before kick-off and after all, Wenger did promise to make big changes. When you look at Wenger's track record I'd say it's highly likely we'll sign the players we need before kick-off. Think about it, there's no way Wenger could have looked at what happened last year and still insist on the same policy of signing untested youngsters. I think we'll definitely be signing 4-5 big names in the next few days. Arsene knows.

Grebbo
08-08-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm actually glad we've signed Ox. Hopefully it'll relegate Walcott to the bench who is hopeless.

Ox looks powerful and I thought he looked awesome against Manure last season.

I think he'll be great.

There is also no way that Wenger would spend £15m on a kid and not strengthen the defence as well. The money is clearly there to be spent. Wenger is a fool but he's not that much of a fool to think he'll get away with spending £15m on a kid and not strengthen defence.

Syn
08-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Always nice to sign an Englishman. Looking forward to seeing him play.

Syn
08-08-2011, 09:32 PM
There is also no way that Wenger would spend £15m on a kid and not strengthen the defence as well. The money is clearly there to be spent. Wenger is a fool but he's not that much of a fool to think he'll get away with spending £15m on a kid and not strengthen defence.

I don't reckon he'll strengthen the defence.

I don't think we'll get anyone now. Wasn't even expecting this kid but yeah - £10m and £12m respectively for Gervinho and Oxo cube...that's us done on the buying front. Might well sell Nasri or Cesc to cover that spending but oh well.

Tipsychubbs
08-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Cahill's doing the rounds again on twitter :rolleyes:

MickTheGooner Michael Gooner
BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal are very close to confirming the signing of Gary Cahill. Deal should be concluded by Thursday.

MickTheGooner Michael Gooner
Regarding Cahill to Arsenal, the source is exemplary & tipped me off about Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain having medical before SSN.
4 minutes ago »

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Cahill's doing the rounds again on twitter :rolleyes:

What's happening before Thursday that would require this rumour to placate the fans? It's getting exciting, can they keep us distracted until Saturday?

Grebbo
08-08-2011, 09:42 PM
I don't reckon he'll strengthen the defence.

I don't think we'll get anyone now. Wasn't even expecting this kid but yeah - £10m and £12m respectively for Gervinho and Oxo cube...that's us done on the buying front. Might well sell Nasri or Cesc to cover that spending but oh well.

We'll sign a defender for sure.

Fist of Lehmann
08-08-2011, 09:42 PM
It's still possible we'll sign Mata, Cahill, Samba, a goalkeeper and an experienced striker to save us from Chamakh when RvP is injured. There's a whole six days before kick-off and after all, Wenger did promise to make big changes. When you look at Wenger's track record I'd say it's highly likely we'll sign the players we need before kick-off. Think about it, there's no way Wenger could have looked at what happened last year and still insist on the same policy of signing untested youngsters. I think we'll definitely be signing 4-5 big names in the next few days. Arsene knows.:good:

See? Isn't optimism better?

We'll make a complacent, compliant cock-pocket of you yet.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 09:45 PM
See? Isn't optimism better?

I don't know, please decide for me and let me know.

WilshereourGHEL
08-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Im thinking Wenger has misunderstood when arsenal wanted big name signings.

Letters
08-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Im thinking Wenger has misunderstood when arsenal wanted big name signings.

KSE Comedy Club
08-08-2011, 10:14 PM
ashburton_groveAshburton Grove
From my blog: Report:

Nasri has agreed personal terms with Manchester City ahead of £22m deal

http://goo.gl/fb/ka944

30 minutes ago

Hmmm

Olivier's xmas twist
08-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Hmmm

HE Can agree all the terms he wants but if we don't accept the deal he ain't going no where.

KSE Comedy Club
08-08-2011, 10:21 PM
True, but I think we will end up selling him.

WilshereourGHEL
08-08-2011, 10:22 PM
id rather have £22 million in the bank then a uncommited player.

Darth Vela
08-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Yeah, looks like the waiting period might be over, with this Oxencart deal going through and the rumours of Bendtner finally being on his way, as well as that Nasri rumour.

Also, looks like we beat the bad guys this summer, Barca not coughing up means they must be cocking off.

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 10:33 PM
id rather have £22 million in the bank then a uncommited player.

But if the money stays in the bank we just end up weakened. I can't begin to think what a team weaker than we had last season is incapable of.

Alias
08-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Lovely. We miss out on Mata and sign Alex Oxbow-chamerline some shit. Woopie!

Niall_Quinn
08-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Lovely. We miss out on Mata and sign Alex Oxbow-chamerline some shit. Woopie!

He's young, untested and has done nothing to speak of and only cost £12mill. What more do you want? An experienced PL pro that could help us here and now? Sheesh. Be realistic.

Master Splinter
09-08-2011, 01:24 AM
Where did Boss' Oxo-Chumpface thread go?

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 02:06 AM
Just heard the news we have him.YayAnother 5 years of waiting around to see if this pub teamer comes good.Wenger just fuck off

Elreactor
09-08-2011, 03:26 AM
Can´t believe Mata (if ever there was any amount of truth about a player like him coming to a club like Arsenal, and not others) would have cost a couple million more than this kid, and Wenger actually missed on him for a little difference.

Will this guy even play games? Can´t Wenger spend similar sums on proved CB´s that he knows will actually (and immediately) help solve at least part of a big problem?

I´m completely lost :(

Ralpheroo72
09-08-2011, 05:35 AM
http://www.ashburtongrove.co.uk/2011/08/gazidis-wenger-is-targeting-new.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AshburtonGrove+%28AshburtonGr ove.co.uk%29

Injury Time
09-08-2011, 06:12 AM
http://www.ashburtongrove.co.uk/2011/08/gazidis-wenger-is-targeting-new.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AshburtonGrove+%28AshburtonGr ove.co.uk%29
InterestIng...

After news broke 30 minutes before the CEO was due to meet members of the Arsenal Independent Supporters Association (AISA) that the Gunners had signed 17-year-old Alex Chamberlain, Gazidis was keen to point out the Frenchman was still in the market for additional players to boost his squad

Marc Overmars
09-08-2011, 08:08 AM
Whilst I'm sure Oxo cube kid will go on to be a handy player for us, unless he's a Messi or Rooney style teenage freak, then we won't see much of him for a couple of years. It does show where the priority of the club lies, no problem splashing out on a teenager but rarely willing to push the same boat out for a player that could have more of an immediate impact.

Anyway, welcome to Arsenal Alex.

I also like our increasing GHEL numbers.

Darth Vela
09-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Indeed, the increasing number of Englishmen coming into the team isn't a coincidence, it's a bit of a shift after it's been scientifically proven that all foreigners not called Dennis are cunts.

Marc Overmars
09-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Heard Bendtner on SSN saying he is 100% leaving.

Great news.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-08-2011, 09:52 AM

Great news.

whatever we get for can surely go towards the difference we wete haggling about with Mata

surely missing out on Mata means that Wenger thinks he csn get some joy out of Nasri or Cesc. . . .sorry Master Wenger but them cats dont want to plau for your team no more. . . .Arsene knows! . . . .knows Bo!

AKBapologist
09-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Fuck teenagers tbh:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-14458102?

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 10:38 AM

Great news.

Heard all the football teams in the world on SSN saying 100% no way are we buying that cunt. Terrible news.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Fuck teenagers tbh:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-14458102?

Wenger will be purple with jealousy. That means we might not win the Lowest Average Age of the Team Cup.

KSE Comedy Club
09-08-2011, 10:51 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-fans-angry-as-Arsene-Wenger-buys-17-year-old-Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain-for-15m-rather-than-proven-Premier-League-player-article783080.html

Arsene Wenger finally got Arsenal's chequebook out on Monday - but left some Gunners fans raging over who he hasn’t signed.

Wenger tied up a £15million deal for talented Southampton teenager Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

But fed-up Arsenal supporters want to know why he is prepared to spend big on a rookie but not on proven Premier League players.

The Gunners' last trophy came in the 2005 FA Cup final and manager Wenger has repeatedly insisted he is building for the future.

But Pete Wood, who runs Arsenal fans’ website Le Grove, said: “It’s just amazing that we’ve spent the whole summer trying to buy Gary Cahill or Chris Samba but have been told that we won’t pay over the odds.

“But we will pay top dollar for a young talent who has been playing in League One?

“I’m sure Oxlade-Chamberlain is going to be a good player, but it leaves you wondering: ‘Where are Arsenal’s priorities?’

“They’ve got a lot of talented young, fast players already - and they need a centre-back. Fan expectation has never been so low.

“Finishing fourth will seem like winning a trophy. It leaves you thinking this will be Wenger’s last season.”

Season-ticket holder Darren Epstein added: “I hope it will be followed by other signings for the squad. The club has said they would be active, so let’s hope they are true to their word with at least one defender.”

Meanwhile, Wenger is likely to further upset Arsenal supporters by admitting defeat in the battle to keep Samir Nasri.

The Gunners boss is bracing himself for Manchester City to come in with a new offer for the contract-rebel midfielder this week.

City manager Roberto Mancini is expected to bid in excess of £22m, which will give Wenger a huge dilemma.

Unhappy Nasri wants to leave Arsenal and has only one year left on his contract.

Wenger must decide whether to cash in now or risk losing him for nothing next summer.

It is understood City are ready to more than treble Nasri’s current wages and give him a five-year deal worth £180,000-a-week. The incredible money on offer has left the player, who had been linked with Manchester United, wanting to move to the Etihad Stadium.

Mancini sees Nasri as the missing piece of his jigsaw at City and has made it plain that he wants to sign two new players before the transfer window shuts on August 31.

Losing Nasri will leave Arsenal devastated, as they are already set to lose Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona, who are promising a new, improved bid this week.

Wenger insisted last month that Arsenal dare not sell both Nasri and Fabregas this summer, or else they could “no longer be called a big club.”

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 11:15 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-fans-angry-as-Arsene-Wenger-buys-17-year-old-Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain-for-15m-rather-than-proven-Premier-League-player-article783080.htmlthat's spot on

Olivier's xmas twist
09-08-2011, 11:18 AM
He's young, untested and has done nothing to speak of and only cost £12mill. What more do you want? An experienced PL pro that could help us here and now? Sheesh. Be realistic.

Its not diffrent to splashing out £20 Mill on Henderson or £20 mill on Smalling or Jones. I suppose we paying for potential. Lets hope he actually plays for the money we bought him.

What it proves is the club does have money and all that bull shit about how we can't compete needs to be stopped.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-08-2011, 11:20 AM
that's spot on

Not really its just nonsese by that idiot John cross. Its stuff that s been known for ages anyway

LDG
09-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Its not diffrent to splashing out £20 Mill on Henderson or £20 mill on Smalling or Jones. I suppose we paying for potential. Lets hope he actually plays for the money we bought him.

What it proves is the club does have money and all that bull shit about how we can't compete needs to be stopped.

Blimey. Are you on drugs? That's quite insightful.

You're right. If we can spend that much on a kid, then we should be fairly sure we can spend 18 on Cahill.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Not really its just nonsese by that idiot John cross. Its stuff that s been known for ages anywayYou saying John Cross made up those quotes?

Letters
09-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Fuck teenagers tbh:

LDG's life philosophy there.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 11:44 AM
So it's gone from £12mill to £15mill? That would have been enough to sign Samba and pay Chamakh to go on a two year holiday.

milla
09-08-2011, 12:01 PM
LDG's life philosophy there.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 12:07 PM
If RVP is injured which he probably will be and he misses out on the start of the season then we'll need Chamakh tbh. He was pretty awesome last season when RVP was dead. Its only when RVP came back that Chamakh had a shocker. Blame RVP tbh

Olivier's xmas twist
09-08-2011, 12:12 PM
You saying John Cross made up those quotes?
Not at all, just saying he's repating old shit, thats known from before. John likes a moan anyway.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Not at all, just saying he's repating old shit, thats known from before. John likes a moan anyway.

How can he be repeating old shit? Have we bought this Oxfam kid before?

KSE Comedy Club
09-08-2011, 12:28 PM
If RVP is injured which he probably will be and he misses out on the start of the season then we'll need Chamakh tbh. He was pretty awesome last season when RVP was dead. Its only when RVP came back that Chamakh had a shocker. Blame RVP tbh

Dont be silly Ach, it wasnt Chamakh who scored those goals and won those penalties. It was all just a dream. Chamakh is shit.

Apparantly :coffee:

Marc Overmars
09-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Blimey. Are you on drugs? That's quite insightful.

You're right. If we can spend that much on a kid, then we should be fairly sure we can spend 18 on Cahill.

It shows what the priority of the club is, to be some sort of pioneer for the development of young talent. When do we ever push the boat out to the same extent for a player we actually need?

I'm not against this signing at all, he looks like an exciting prospect, however I'm just baffled how we readily spend this much on a rookie but seem put off by the prices for established players who would actually go some way to improve us.

Darth Vela
09-08-2011, 12:31 PM

No, but using the quote 'I'm sure he'll be a good player but it makes you wonder where our priorities lie' to make the leap to 'fans raging' makes him a journalist, and I mean that in every sense of the word except the actual definition.

Darth Vela
09-08-2011, 12:35 PM
It shows what the priority of the club is, to be some sort of pioneer for the development of young talent. When do we ever push the boat out to the same extent for a player we actually need?

I'm not against this signing at all, he looks like an exciting prospect, however I'm just baffled how we readily spend this much on a rookie but seem put off by the prices for established players who would actually go some way to improve us.

Tbf, 10m whilst only being on a modest wage (presumably) isn't very close to paying 18m for a top player on decent wages in my books, I guess it does show that somethings been dislodged somewhere as all this activity has started to gather pace.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-08-2011, 12:35 PM

Well no, but everyone knew we were after him any way or going to get him. So its not really a big suprise like he says.

he knew this himself anyway.

Marc Overmars
09-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Tbf, 10m whilst only being on a modest wage (presumably) isn't very close to paying 18m for a top player on decent wages in my books, I guess it does show that somethings been dislodged somewhere as all this activity has started to gather pace.

I think paying that much for a teenager who won't bare fruit for a few years is no more crazy than paying more for an established but maybe overpiced player, when it's the latter we actually need.

The only way I can let this slide is if we prove we do have serious intentions by buying another player like Gervinho who goes straight into the first team set up.

Power n Glory
09-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Why bother buying another central midfield/winger that’s good at passing?

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Dont be silly Ach, it wasnt Chamakh who scored those goals and won those penalties. It was all just a dream. Chamakh is shit.

Apparantly :coffee:

Chamakh haters have had a bit of a shocker on here. Makes me laugh though and keeps me entertained so long may it continue. Especially funny how they are reaching to critisise Chamakh on BS things.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Chamakh haters have had a bit of a shocker on here. Makes me laugh though and keeps me entertained so long may it continue. Especially funny how they are reaching to critisise Chamakh on BS things.

You're right, Chamakh is pure quality. You can see it every time he's on the pitch.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 01:09 PM
You're right, Chamakh is pure quality. You can see it every time he's on the pitch.

Oh dear. Come on NQ. Youre better than that. How can someone who speaks so much sense about other things concerning Arsenal have such a shocker when it comes to Chamakh?

Its the million dollar question

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Lorient linked with a loan move for Vela :lol:

Looks like we are pissed they sold us a dud in Kozza so we are trying to do likewise with them with Vela

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Oh dear. Come on NQ. Youre better than that. How can someone who speaks so much sense about other things concerning Arsenal have such a shocker when it comes to Chamakh?

Its the million dollar question

The guy's got no bottle. He hides on the pitch. Sure, you could say the same about a lot of our players but this guy has got none at all. Yeah, if it's put on a plate for him he can sometimes stick it in the net. Yeah, he can dive and get penalties - and I'm not saying he shouldn't do that because our opponents are happy to do the same. Fact is, if instead of this guy we had a decent, gutsy, powerful striker up front, a real target man, we'd do a lot better. Anyway, all we have to do is wait and see what happens. With Chamakh and Vela providing the cover for RvP, we're doomed. These two wouldn't play for any other top club, they wouldn't even make the bench.

Flavs
09-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Whilst I'm sure Oxo cube kid will go on to be a handy player for us, unless he's a Messi or Rooney style teenage freak, then we won't see much of him for a couple of years. .

Wenger has already cionfirmed he is to go straight into the first team squad.

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Wenger has already cionfirmed he is to go straight into the first team squad.

So this is one of our "quality" signings then? I mean good luck to him, I hope he's a world beater. But on the off-chance he isn't, we're back to square one needing quality, experienced players to correct the glaring deficiencies that have killed us season after season. Wenger said he would address those problems. It's starting to look like he lied.

Dog Toffee
09-08-2011, 02:27 PM
This Oxo-Chamberlain child signing has really pissed me oofff. What.The.Fuck. Do we need another small, 17Y.O pre-pubesant striker 'for the future' for? And for £12m! As a member of the optimism club I shouldn't be saying this, but are these the three signings that we've been told about? We need a class defender, we could have added that £12m onto the price of someone brilliant at the back to go with Verms (when he's fit) not just another kid. There isnt even a thread about him, even though we've just, supposedly, bought a striker for £12m. Jesus this pisses me off.

AKBapologist
09-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Miyaichi has been granted his work permit apparently.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 02:31 PM
yay

Boss
09-08-2011, 02:36 PM

:woohoo:

Darth Vela
09-08-2011, 02:37 PM
I think paying that much for a teenager who won't bare fruit for a few years is no more crazy than paying more for an established but maybe overpiced player, when it's the latter we actually need.

The only way I can let this slide is if we prove we do have serious intentions by buying another player like Gervinho who goes straight into the first team set up.

I agree it's no crazier due to the differing circumstances, personally I think we're going to do both, but in terms of financial investment one is a lot more than the other, I guess I agree with everything, was fairly sure I had a point before but I'm damned if I can remember it now.

Darth Vela
09-08-2011, 02:40 PM
This Oxo-Chamberlain child signing has really pissed me oofff. What.The.Fuck. Do we need another small, 17Y.O pre-pubesant striker 'for the future' for? And for £12m! As a member of the optimism club I shouldn't be saying this, but are these the three signings that we've been told about? We need a class defender, we could have added that £12m onto the price of someone brilliant at the back to go with Verms (when he's fit) not just another kid. There isnt even a thread about him, even though we've just, supposedly, bought a striker for £12m. Jesus this pisses me off.

I doubt that one winger equates to three signings, even in the Arsenal PR Handbook.

They said they're still looking for defenders and so there's still a good chance we'll get one in, relax a little.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-08-2011, 02:42 PM

Good news that, saw some BS story about Dortmunds Kagawa. . . .that would be a sound move.

the guy has skills and plenty of guts, get a Japanese player and you get total commitment. . . .and the quality is markedly better than the days of Ina

Darth Vela
09-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Yep, that's one of the reasons I'm happy to see Miyachi in the squad at least, there'll be days when he does well and days when he'll be pretty ineffectual but you know you're going to get a decent work ethic all the time.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-08-2011, 02:49 PM
I doubt that one winger equates to three signings, even in the Arsenal PR Handbook.

They said they're still looking for defenders and so there's still a good chance we'll get one in, relax a little.

got to agree. . . . Although we all would have loved to see an already forming line of new recruits we are left with the reality of what its like to be a Gooner living in a Wenger paradise!

there is still life in our dealings this summer (he says with a certain degree of confidence only associated with MOC members!)

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 02:50 PM

This.

I have absolute faith in Wenger we'll get one in.

I also have absolute faith that the defender we do get in will not be of sufficient quality and will be in the mould of Kozza, Toto, Jenkinson etc.

In short, we're fucked

AKBapologist
09-08-2011, 02:53 PM
http://news.arseblog.com/index.php/2011/08/chamakh-nasri-and-cesc-likely-to-leave/

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Thankfully Arseblog talks shit

Darth Vela
09-08-2011, 03:00 PM
got to agree. . . . Although we all would have loved to see an already forming line of new recruits we are left with the reality of what its like to be a Gooner living in a Wenger paradise!

there is still life in our dealings this summer (he says with a certain degree of confidence only associated with MOC members!)

A non-stop line of Prem CBs auditioning would have been pretty sexy, until you get to Zat Knight ofc.

@Ach, given that we're probably buying from the Prem who'd you reckon it'll be?

My money's on Bramble, he's quick, error-prone and positionally awful: the triple threat.

Kaiser
09-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Thankfully Arseblog talks shit

That makes no sense whatsoever, given they're passing on what Chamakh actually said to a reputed source.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 03:04 PM
A non-stop line of Prem CBs auditioning would have been pretty sexy, until you get to Zat Knight ofc.

@Ach, given that we're probably buying from the Prem who'd you reckon it'll be?

My money's on Bramble, he's quick, error-prone and positionally awful: the triple threat.

Firstly i doubt we'll buy within the PL. Why do that when theres a country full of shite ass french/african CBs?

However if Wenger does surprise us all and grows a brain gets a PL based CB in then it has to be Samba. Better than Jagielka and Cahill

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 03:06 PM
That makes no sense whatsoever, given they're passing on what Chamakh actually said to a reputed source.

Tbh i didnt even click on the link and just went by past experiences

Darth Vela
09-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Firstly i doubt we'll buy within the PL. Why do that when theres a country full of shite ass french/african CBs?

However if Wenger does surprise us all and grows a brain gets a PL based CB in then it has to be Samba. Better than Jagielka and Cahill

I'm with you there, we need a CB to scare people rather than one who can carry it out from the back, he'll be playing with another guy who's comfortable on the ball anyway.

Sirjackofwilshere
09-08-2011, 03:12 PM
According to twitter Wenger helped bring down Marseille and numerous figures including Jean Pierre Bernes with it, in the early 1990s. Wenger did his best to make sure Marseille, Tapie, Bernes were punished over match fixing whilst he was manager of Monaco who suffered as a result of the corruption. AS a result AW has many enemies including this Bernes who is currently Nasris agent and is thoroughly enjoying messing Wenger around..waited 18 years for this spot of revenge.

Darth Vela
09-08-2011, 03:14 PM
I doubt he'd hold a grudge for that long, surely he'd have kept Nasri from joining Arsenal if he wanted to piss AW around anyway?

fari
09-08-2011, 03:54 PM
According to twitter Wenger helped bring down Marseille and numerous figures including Jean Pierre Bernes with it, in the early 1990s. Wenger did his best to make sure Marseille, Tapie, Bernes were punished over match fixing whilst he was manager of Monaco who suffered as a result of the corruption. AS a result AW has many enemies including this Bernes who is currently Nasris agent and is thoroughly enjoying messing Wenger around..waited 18 years for this spot of revenge.

sounds like some cloak and dagger mess

Niall_Quinn
09-08-2011, 03:55 PM
http://news.arseblog.com/index.php/2011/08/chamakh-nasri-and-cesc-likely-to-leave/

Surprised the cunt has time to talk to anyone - he should be on the training pitch morning, noon and night so he can learn a few skills to make his impersonation of a professional footballer more convincing.

AKBapologist
09-08-2011, 04:02 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/miyaichi-granted-work-permit-to-play-for-club
Confirmed.

Sirjackofwilshere
09-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Brilliant news about Myiachi. Will take many by surprise this season.

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 04:07 PM
We'll get a lot of money from Asia then.

LDG
09-08-2011, 04:09 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/miyaichi-granted-work-permit-to-play-for-club
Confirmed.

Wenger "almost like a new signing for us"

:run:

fakeyank
09-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Wenger "almost like a new signing for us"

:run:

That had me :haha: for a while too!

Master Splinter
09-08-2011, 04:12 PM

Of all your twisted logic/WUMmery/trolling, this is one I can somewhat agree with.

When he played with the first team, he was excellent and brought the best out of Nasri on the wing too. He also had a great understanding with Wilshere. Although I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this. Maybe Darth Vela. He likes Chamakh and notices weird shit as well.

Joker
09-08-2011, 04:14 PM
If Miyaichi's available, then we have him, Arshavin, Theo, Gervinho and potentially Rosicky all players able to play on the wing. So where does Chamberlain fit it? This makes his signing even more odd, and look somewhat superfluous.

Sirjackofwilshere
09-08-2011, 04:15 PM
So let's see:
We've got Vermaelen back, Gervinho, Jenkinson and AOC, 2 Barca youths, the 3 promoted players and now ryo. That's 10 siginngs in Wenger's book!

Wenger, walking the walk :bow:

Joker
09-08-2011, 04:22 PM
So let's see:
We've got Vermaelen back, Gervinho, Jenkinson and AOC, 2 Barca youths, the 3 promoted players and now ryo. That's 10 siginngs in Wenger's book!

And Frimpong who'll be like a new signing after missing all of last season.

Darth Vela
09-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Of all your twisted logic/WUMmery/trolling, this is one I can somewhat agree with.

When he played with the first team, he was excellent and brought the best out of Nasri on the wing too. He also had a great understanding with Wilshere. Although I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this. Maybe Darth Vela. He likes Chamakh and notices weird shit as well.

Nah, too weird for me to notice.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-08-2011, 04:25 PM
So let's see:

on a fu#king rock n roll.......the reserve and youth league doubles in the bag

good for your thread huh, SirJack?

Master Splinter
09-08-2011, 04:26 PM
If Miyaichi's available, then we have him, Arshavin, Theo, Gervinho and potentially Rosicky all players able to play on the wing. So where does Chamberlain fit it? This makes his signing even more odd, and look somewhat superfluous.

Rosicky seems to have moved back to his natural position of central midfield. He's been good in pre-season and is actually one of our best tacklers, so is a decent squad player to have in there.

Maybe Walcott will be used mostly as a striker from now on?

I'm quite excited about having Gervinho, Theo, Ryo, Ugly Theo as our new flying wing team. And Arshavin can be useful too, if he can bothered/is not sold.

LDG
09-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Ugly Theo :haha:

Master Splinter
09-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Nah, too weird for me to notice.

:pal:

I'm more weird than you :scarf:.

Olivier's xmas twist
09-08-2011, 04:42 PM

Theo is going to be used in the middle where as Alex Chamberlin will be a winger as he is more natural there then theo.

Sirjackofwilshere
09-08-2011, 04:44 PM
ugly theo:haha::lol:

Cripps_orig
09-08-2011, 04:44 PM
The Ryu dude wont play a game for us so wouldnt count him tbh