PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39

Olivier's xmas twist
31-08-2011, 10:13 PM
5th :shrug:

Santos, Per, Yossi, Mikel, Not sure who else we signed today

The Realist
QPR fans : Ian Wright is 'Wedge' what the hell does that mean?

Cripps_orig
2310: Confirmed: Chelsea have signed Raul Meireles. And Arsenal have signed Mikel Arteta and let Nicklas Bendtner join Sunderland on loan. Phew.

Its done

Keith
31-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Chelsea announce Meireles deal for 12mill. Why the fuck didn't we go for him???
FFS.

Because the deal was done before Liverpool knew?

GP
qpr fan says "hello mum" to the camera and then laughs as if he just said the funniest thing in world history.

The cock.

shut up turds!

GunnerFan4Life
iTz_Renato Renato! :
YES "@bbcsport_david I can confirm Arteta are DONE deal"

GP

If I had to guess, I'd say it meant 'cock'

Olivier's xmas twist
31-08-2011, 10:15 PM

Easily the best deal of the day.
FFS.

Wenger would have got lambasted if we bought him for that much.

Coney
Is there any chance Bendtner can play against us? :pray:

If it's a loan, no. If it is a transfer, yes, provided he learns to play.

Letters
Arteta sounds like it's done. :dance:

McNamara That Ghost...
Arteta has joined according to a SSN source's source.

cheesy bites
I won't believe we've got Arteta until SSN tells me.

Marc Overmars
31-08-2011, 10:16 PM

Easily the best deal of the day.
FFS.

I think Chelsea had eyed him for a while and were always front runners. AVB being his fellow countryman probably helped too.

Asthmatic Kitty
woop arteta :)

Letters
I won't believe we've got Arteta until SSN tells me.

Just did.

GunnerFan4Life
Arteta joins :scarf: :scarf: WELCOME!

Coney
Will Moyes shake hands with Wenger at the next Everton game?

Maestro
judging from the fans reaction on SSN, this must be the super quality signing

Arteta in the bag ....business done.

PGFC
5th, who else did we sign today apart from Per & Santos ..officially

choandmikperyossi the new number 57

&

He's moonlighting as a doorman at Stringfellows,

Ironing
31-08-2011, 10:17 PM
so who the fuck is our squad now?

McNamara That Ghost...
Everton have signed Strachan or whatever his name is.

Gubby Allen
We wont buy another player til Jan 31st.

See you all then

BREAKING NEWS

BENDTNER JOINS SUNDERLAND

FUCK YES

Strictly speaking it'll be 02:00am on 1st February.

cheesy bites
31-08-2011, 10:18 PM
DONE!

Yes! Welcome to the Arsenal, Mikel Arteta!

Shaqiri Is Boss
31-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Meireles has indeed joined Chelsea.
He'll always be remembered for that crazy run in Jan/Feb :rose:

Otherwise... Bye.

PGFC
31-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Everton have signed Strachan or whatever his name is.

"Gordon's alive??"

GunnerFan4Life
31-08-2011, 10:21 PM
VERY happy with the signings. Im sure we will do well this season. We can now build on this in jan or next summer i have every faith :scarf:

AKBapologist
31-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Meireles, 8 goals, 6 assists, 12mill
Arteta, 3 goals, 5 assists, 10mill

Gubby Allen
31-08-2011, 10:24 PM
DONE!

Yes! Welcome to the Arsenal, Mikel Arteta!

Time to dig out that thread on the old GW where I said to sign Arteta and see who called me a cock

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2011, 10:26 PM
So there we go, Yossi Fuckin' Benayoun and Mikel Arteta, about as underwhelming as it could get with £80mill sitting in the bank and a red raw arsehole from our last outing, but better than absolutely nothing - just. It's a bit like signing two Joe Coles, there's a slim chance one of them will be fit when the other is injured. Santos and Mertesacker might be okay, lucky dip and the Korean guy... meh.

Net result, squad weakened in terms of quality but maybe strengthened in terms of experience and resolve, board at least £50mill richer. Better than usual, nowhere near what we needed. Tough season and a lot of low quality football ahead. The worst part of it all? The unbelievable incompetence of our officials over the last three months. What a bunch of fucking tools they are. Full of shit, couldn't give a straight answer if some AIDS riddled faggot was asking them to suck his cock. With these guys running the show nothing good can happen for this club.

Hopefully the team can pull of a few results worth cheering this season. Roll on 2012, when we can try again.

Gubby Allen
31-08-2011, 10:26 PM
We've got a penalty taker too. May not necessarily score them mind.

KSE Comedy Club
31-08-2011, 10:27 PM
So guner4life, what's all this business about a 5th signing????

Anyone think the mvila deal could've gone through over the phone/fax?

The Realist
31-08-2011, 10:28 PM
If I had to guess, I'd say it meant 'cock'

Found out it means Wedge = 'muscular' QPR WTF :haha:

Syn
31-08-2011, 10:28 PM

No.

GunnerFan4Life
31-08-2011, 10:29 PM

Um yeah, that was a typo by YoungGunsBlog or whoever it was or i'm not sure what he was talking about...

Maestro
31-08-2011, 10:30 PM

It's Bastian, just realised

KSE Comedy Club
31-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Um yeah, that was a typo by YoungGunsBlog or whoever it was or i'm not sure what he was talking about...

Ahh fuck it then.

Gutted.

Coney
31-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Strictly speaking it'll be 02:00am on 1st February.

Luckily for AKB, it will be GMT and not BST then. :good:

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2011, 10:33 PM
It's Bastian, just realised

I'm afraid the Bastian thing turned into a pumpkin when the clock struck eleven.

The Realist
31-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Szcznesy

Sagna Vermaelesacker Santos

Song Wilshere

Walcott Arteta Gervinho

RVP

Coney
I'm afraid the Bastian thing turned into a pumpkin when the clock struck eleven.

....and the other 4 turned into mice.

Kano
thank fuck that's over

Coney
31-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Szcznesy

Song Wilshere

Walcott Arteta Gervinho

RVP

You think we'll always go down to 10 men?

Keith
31-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Right, now lets get down to business, a 10 game unbeaten streak and we are back in the hunt.

Great news - We still have Almunia!

Letters
31-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Stoke fans all excited about signing Peter Crouch :lol: Bless!

Coney
31-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Right, now lets get down to business, a 10 game unbeaten streak and we are back in the hunt.

:good: What can possibly go wrong?

GP
31-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Stoke fans all excited about signing Peter Crouch :lol: Bless!

It'll all go tits up if Delap gets injured.

Keith
31-08-2011, 10:38 PM
:good: What can possibly go wrong?

We play Spurs & Chelsea in those 10 games.

GP
31-08-2011, 10:39 PM
We play Spurs & Chelsea in those 10 games.

We'll smash Spurs to bits.

GP
31-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Apparently Chelsea didn't even want this guy, but AVB was out with Abramovich for a burger and said he wanted more relish...

Ironing
31-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Szcznesy

Song Wilshere

Walcott Arteta Gervinho

RVP

This is actually decent if santos / Mertesacker turn out to be alright

McNamara That Ghost...
"Gordon's alive??"

http://www.evertonfc.com/assets/_files/cached/aug_11/590x330/efc__1314828714_denis590.jpg

Perhaps not.

:blink:

Royston Drenthe has signed for Everton too.

KESSLER
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arteta-joins-arsenal-on-a-four-year-deal

Keith
31-08-2011, 10:48 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arteta-joins-arsenal-on-a-four-year-deal

The following error occurred: [code=CONTENT_NOT_PRESENT] Content is temporarily not present. Contact your system administrator

McNamara That Ghost...
31-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Orlando Sa has joined Fulham on loan. :unsure:

The Realist
31-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Almunia and Squillaci are still here

McNamara That Ghost...
31-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Almunia and Squillaci are still here

Players can still be loaned to lower league clubs, I hope.

:pray:

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Players can still be loaned to lower league clubs, I hope.

:pray:

Or killed.

Marc Overmars
31-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Highlight of the window?

Sawyer's Orange dress for me.

The Realist
31-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Apparently Nicklas Bendtner shun interest from Real Madrid & Barca to join Sunderland on loan..

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Highlight of the window?

Clothed women do nothing for me. Prudes.

Fats
31-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Clothed women do nothing for me. Prudes.

What about clothed men you raving homo

Niall_Quinn
31-08-2011, 11:57 PM
What about clothed men you raving homo

Again, what's with all these clothes?

Özim
01-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Arteta is a decent signing pretty talented, wished he was a little younger though.

Benayoun is rubbish, thank f*ck he's only on loan

Don't know much about Santos, seems pretty skillful though so should be entertaining, we'll see if he can defend as well.

Mertesacker, sack of sh*t

Dog Eater, bit disappointing would have preferred a goalscorer

Not too bad for a final day I guess, but we did lose Nasri and Cesc not sure this makes up for that.

WilshereourGHEL
01-09-2011, 12:57 AM
next summer xavi talking about arteta's barca dna. :(

Ollie the Optimist
01-09-2011, 01:19 AM
imo i think wenger has pulled it out the bag, we asked for big defenders, he gave us them, we asked for prem experience, he gave us that too. really really plleased with these signings

Japan Shaking All Over
01-09-2011, 01:51 AM
OK I'm up! well at work

and what do I see.......went to bed dreaming of Hazard and M'Vila
and woke up to Areta and Yossi (has he signed)

could have been worse......always go back to the last page I read before bed and by the sounds of it we had really fucked things up
we have not replaced Nasri and Cesc in quality wise individually but we could be looking at an overall more balanced team with more drive......it might not be too bad, not champion calibre but Wenger and the 20 have spent wisely/tight arsely again
dare we see what we have left over spent in Jan............a think the names I was dreaming about, Hazard will be cup tied and a striker because Bendtner and Shitmak(?) are off on loan.......Afobe's chance?

hobson's choice
01-09-2011, 01:55 AM
Basically we have have to hope RVP, and Theo can stay healthy, cause if either one of them get hurt, it's 5th/6th. Oh yeah we also have to hope that Ivory Coast and Cameroon don't make it pass the group stage of the ANC.:unsure:

Master Splinter
01-09-2011, 02:27 AM
Best number 4 we've had since Vieira

Your best post by five country miles tbh.

Master Splinter
01-09-2011, 02:28 AM
http://www.evertonfc.com/assets/_files/cached/aug_11/590x330/efc__1314828714_denis590.jpg

Tevez's slightly better looking brother?

Master Splinter
01-09-2011, 02:29 AM
Did we get Rossi and Shefki Kuqi before the deadline?

Japan Shaking All Over
01-09-2011, 06:55 AM
Basically we have have to hope RVP, and Theo can stay healthy, cause if either one of them get hurt, it's 5th/6th. Oh yeah we also have to hope that Ivory Coast and Cameroon don't make it pass the group stage of the ANC.:unsure:

hearing that.....the striker situation was noy really addressed especially with that prima donna Bendtner going off to Stoke

GP
01-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Highlight of the window?

Wondering if they do it in your size?

McNamara That Ghost...
01-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Did we get Rossi and Shefki Kuqi before the deadline?

Rossi did. :good:

Japan Shaking All Over
01-09-2011, 09:27 AM
:the sound of a pin dropping:

Unai Tea
01-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Seems like an ok result given the circumstances. It was never going to be a full fix given the timeframe we managed to leave ourselves with. We could have bitten the bullet months ago and replaced Nasri and Fabregas but we didn't, stupidly.

We improved our defense through getting rid of Eboue and adding Jenkinson and Mertesacker. Clichy and Santos is probably a wash though maybe if Santos as actually more available and less injured it'll be an improvement.

Midfield we lost two wantaways who still need to be adequately replaced. Hopefully we can get a big player or two in January. Money's still there to be used. We were able to get two experienced PL attacking midfielders though. They add to the squad which is good because we were really short there. And it's handy that Benayoun is only a loan signing which means we can upgrade in January or next summer.

In attack we've improved. Gervinho is a nice little player for us. Oxlade-Chamberlain may also add something later on in the season. Bendtner the Magnificent is gone though we couldn't get rid of Chamakh. Rather like the cut of this Chu Park Young's gib. Time will tell.

Phase 1 complete and it seems ok.

Cripps_orig
01-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Fortunately for you lot, there is no WWLTW this Friday as we look back on a mad summer. Unfortunately for you lot, there is a WWLTW next Friday...

Stupidest decision since Nick Clegg decided to hook up with the Tories award
Arsene Wenger not spending until the last day

Now, MTW appreciates that it was a difficult summer for Arsenal with their two best players constantly being linked with – and eventually moving – away, but why on earth didn't the French boss, with all the money he had available to him even prior to their departures, plan ahead and bring in some top drawer signings before the season started?

It's a bit like throwing out all your premium meat from your fridge freezer and then sitting around doing nothing for a few days before suddenly realising you've got guests to feed for dinner in a couple of hours, then frantically dashing to the supermarket and taking whatever's on offer in the bargain bucket aisle.

Whichever spin you put on it, losing Cesc Fabregas (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/#) and Samir Nasri and bringing in injury prone replacements hitting the tail end of their careers is a disaster, and it's one that could have been avoided had Wenger took his thumb out of his backside before the season started and signed Juan Mata when he was practically begging to join, and added a top-class centre-back and a dependable left-back. Maybe that sort of ambition may have actually persuaded one of the two stars to stay at the Emirates?

Then again, this is a man who has for several years persisted with such limp-wristed wasters like Tomas Rosicky, Johan Djourou and Manuel Almunia, so nobody can really be shocked at Wenger's galling procrastination.

Most protracted saga
Cesc Fabregas (from Arsenal to Barcelona)

Praise be to the football gods that this move actually came off otherwise we'd have faced another year of Gerard Pique and Xavi reading out their love poems in press conferences while Cesc himself ummed and ahhed and pouted, and Gooners the world over moaned about a nasty team wanting the player they pinched as a kid.

Quote of the window (part I)

"Wages have gone crazy. It's gone beyond belief and made it really hard to compete for top players. If you want to be a top-four side, it's difficult because we can't pay those kind of wages."

– If MTW was in Daniel Levy's shoes, it wouldn't even give Harry Redknapp a budget for a packed lunch because he'd probably blow it all on fatty snacks, much like he's splurged Spurs' coffers on mostly rubbish players since he took over.

http://u.goal.com/106600/106643hp2.jpg

Envy | 'Arry eyes up Mancini's wallet and wonders how much he could waste with City's budget

Most confusing transfer
Joey Barton (from Newcastle to QPR)

One would have thought that when the best midfielder in England was available he would have had all the best clubs in Europe queuing up to sign him, especially when he was on a free.

Oh that's right, silly old MTW, it was only Barton himself that said he was the best midfielder in England and he is – of course – a bit of a liability, what with his tendency to jump on Twitter to slag his club off whenever things don't go as he wants them to.

Still though, he'd have been great for Arsenal, if only for the comedy value.

Best deadline day move
Raul Meireles (from Liverpool to Chelsea)

The Portuguese was treated pretty shabbily by the Reds this summer having not been given the wage increase that he was apparently deemed to have been owed (it was reported that his relatively paltry weekly wage would be increased if he was successful in his first season in English football (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/#)) and then seen players of a lesser calibre on better money, in Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam, coming in and ousting him from the team.

While Chelsea's last-minute deal for him smacks of desperation on their part (if they really had wanted him as a priority they would have picked him up weeks ago) after crapping themselves by failing to sign Luka Modric, it's still a cracking move for club and player.

The Blues get a decent creative midfielder, while Meireles gets to play in the Champions League and must be on twice the salary he was on at Anfield, which'll keep him nice and happy when he's back on the bench when Michael Essien returns.

Quote of the window (part II)

"The weather, everything. It has nothing."

– Carlos Tevez is asked what he dislikes about Manchester.

GOOD WINDOW

http://u.goal.com/140300/140399_thumb.jpgCesc Fabregas
"He's gone, he's gone, hallelujah he's gone!" is what MTW cried out while running naked through a public fountain when the midfielder finally got his move. Good luck and good riddance.

The Manchester clubs
Sergio Aguero, Samir Nasri, Ashley Young, Phil Jones and David de Gea – amongst others – have all rocked up in the city this summer. Fairly safe to say that unless Liverpool or Chelsea keep their form, the Premier League trophy will be staying up there come May.

Robbie Keane
Rubbish at Liverpool, rubbish at Tottenham, OK at Celtic (though Titus Bramble would look like Franz Beckenbauer (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/#) in the SPL), rubbish at Tottenham again, rubbish at West Ham – so where does he end up? LA Galaxy, of course, to look good in a rubbish league while earning a fortune and living the good life on the beach. Hats off.

Daniel Levy
Not only did he keep his promise of not letting Luka Modric leave, he also managed to get the best part of £20m from Stoke for the unwanted Wilson Palacios and Peter Crouch, while booting out Jermaine Jenas and Alan Hutton to Aston Villa.

BAD WINDOW

http://u.goal.com/142800/142835_thumb.jpgEverton
Everything had looked relatively rosy for David Moyes until deadline day, when Mikel Arteta was sold with no time to bring in a replacement and Jermaine Beckford – who had looked handy last year – was also given the boot, with only the ego of Royston Drenthe and the untested Denis Stracqualursi coming in.

Arsenal
Lose their two best players and replace them with Arteta and Yossi Benayoun, who are much older than the departed duo, are prone to injuries and have not performed anywhere near their best for almost two years. Oh, and no left-back and no holding midfielder has come in.

Carlos Tevez
Homesick since the day he left South America, the Argentine is going to have to stick it out at least until January after a move to Corinthians fell through while any other potential suitors were put off by City's entirely justified demands for a reported £40m fee.

Aston Villa
While Shay Given is a fine replacement for Brad Friedel, the brittle veteran Irishman has been handed a mammoth long-term deal, and star wingers Ashley Young and Stewart Downing have both gone with only Charles N'Zogbia coming in to replace them.

Best deadline day rumour
Andy Carroll (from Liverpool to Anzhi Machachkala)

It was reported late on Wednesday that the big-spending Russian side wanted to splash out over £40 million on the massive hairy lump masquerading as a top-class striker on Merseyside.

MTW would have loved to have seen that move go through, not only because big Andy partnering Samuel Eto'o up front would be hilarious but he'd be able to finally test himself in the Premier League of the boozing world having spent the last few years nailing Jagerbombs and pints of lagers in the pubs and clubs of the north-east.

Here's hoping they come back in for him in January, by which time he'll probably be an expert at knocking back neat vodka as he slips to fourth-choice striker at Anfield behind Luis Suarez, Dirk Kuyt (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/#) and Craig Bellamy – the ugliest trio since the Sugababes.

Most surprising signing
Owen Hargreaves (from the treatment table to Manchester City)

Possibly the most bizarre deal of all time went through on deadline day as the permanently injured former Manchester United man joined Roberto Mancini's band of mega-rich midfield merry men.

When asked about the deal, Joe Hart accurately summed up the thoughts of every football fan in the world by saying: "Is he? Wowsers! Where did that come from?!"

Quote of the window (part III)

"I don't want to fight and argue with Tottenham."

– Luka Modric here being all nice and sensible… a few days before handing in a transfer request and firing the opening shot in a war of words with the chairman.

Best web page not working
Mario Balotelli's Manchester City profile

On deadline day if you happened to search for the madcap Italian striker's page on the City website it would just display 'internal error' – a more accurate and succinct summary of Balotelli's mental state you will never see.

Biggest transfer tease
Park Chu-Young (from Monaco to Arsenal, via Lille)

The South Korean striker had a deal lined up to join the Ligue 1 champions and was penciled in for a medical there, but when the club's directors went to meet him, they found his hotel room empty as he'd hopped on the Eurostar to sign for the Gunners.

He's the footballing equivalent of the girl you chat to all night long in the pub only to see her walk off with your more handsome mate. What a kick in the nuts, eh?

If MTW were Lille, it would have gone home, banged on some of The Smiths and cried into a pillow. Fortunately, MTW is not Lille.

Signing most likely to disappoint
Joe Cole (from Liverpool to Lille)

MTW applauds British players going abroad to ply their trade, and takes umbrage with the notion that any departure from English football is a 'step down', but fans of the French club best get used to the chunky midget getting injured, then returning to action, looking good for half a game before spending the rest of it with his hands on his hips, equal parts angry and confused at his body's failure to work.

Quote of the window (part IV)

"I believe for us it is important that the message we give out - for example you see about Fabregas leaving, Nasri leaving - if you give that message out you cannot pretend you are a big club."

- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal are not a big club.

Most annoying transfer protagonist
Neymar (Santos)

The Brazilian with the worst haircut in football has blurted out nonsense to fill the gossip columns all summer, saying he'd love to go to Chelsea, Barcelona or Real Madrid, and even got himself into a stupid spat about whether he's as good as Lionel Messi.

MTW is glad that it will not have to read another tedious story about that little prat wanting to move to Europe for another few months, and if this column does have to read something about that arrogant upstart wanting a transfer across the Atlantic between now and January then it will fly over to Santos and shave his moronic mullet off and give him a few slaps to the face for good measure.

Berk.

http://u.goal.com/136300/136391hp2.jpg

The world's biggest mohawk | Now chop it off and zip up your lips, lad

Stupidest pursuit
Stoke City trying to loan Romelu Lukaku

The Potters were linked with a surprise temporary move for Chelsea's Belgian wonderkid only to realise that they couldn't pull it off because it's against Premier League rules for a player to move twice within a transfer window. Oops.

Best joker of the window
Roman Pavlyuchenko (Tottenham)

The clumsy Russian forward has been linked with the exit door since the minute he walked through the entrance at White Hart Lane, but somehow managed to stick around (probably as nobody wanted him because he's pants) this summer, effectively forcing Peter Crouch out of the club.

Top work, Roman.

Worst agent of the window
Whoever represents Scott Dann

The young defender had been linked with Arsenal (who have needed a centre-back for longer than Grant Holt has needed a gastric band fitted) and Liverpool throughout the summer, but wound up on deadline day swapping one lunatic asylum of a club run for another as he moved from Birmingham to Blackburn.

Biggest hypocrite and loud mouth joint award
Harry Redknapp (Tottenham)

When he isn't talking about other club's players, he's moaning about other clubs talking about his, and you can bet your bottom dollar that he'll be flapping his hole indignantly from out of his car to Sky Sports News, who spent the entire summer pitched up outside Spurs' training ground to catch 'Arry as he headed home (presumably stopping off at a McDonalds drive-in and a few speed cameras (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/#) on his way to talk endlessly to them too).

Yet somehow Redknapp – a shoo-in for the England job next summer – has still got the weight of the media behind him despite his only first-team additions this summer being a goalkeeper who needs a zimmerframe, yet another centre-midfielder, and a car crash of a striker on loan.

And the media lapped him up after his side were hammered 5-1 by Manchester City at the weekend, with the manager pulling a trick straight out of the coward's book by deflecting attention away from his terrible tactics and onto Luka Modric, who he alleged was not in the right frame of mind to play (then don't pick him, you doofus).

Give it a rest, Redknapp.

The 'not a good thing to do in hindsight' award
Phil Gartside (Bolton)

The Trotters' top brass has been giving it the big one for months saying that prized asset Gary Cahill would not be sold for less than £17m amid strong interest from Arsenal and Tottenham, yet the England defender still remains at the Reebok and with his contract running out at the end of the season he's likely to leave for pittance in January or nothing at all next summer.

Smart stuff from the cash-strapped club.

Best Manchester United retirement home
Sunderland

If you've reached the end of your career at Old Trafford, or simply been a failure there, then just give Steve Bruce a ring and he'll sort you out good and proper with a nice contract. Over 30? No worries, he'll still give you a four-year deal on mega money, just ask Wes Brown and John O'Shea.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/09/01/2646046/mock-the-window-arsene-wenger-goes-on-a-late-trolley-dash

Cripps_orig
01-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Dharmesh Sheth is famous

He has an imposter on Twitter

The real one doesnt even have a Twitter account

Imposter :pal:

Master Splinter
01-09-2011, 04:20 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/09/01/2646046/mock-the-window-arsene-wenger-goes-on-a-late-trolley-dash

Arsenal
Lose their two best players and replace them with Arteta and Yossi Benayoun, who are much older than the departed duo, are prone to injuries and have not performed anywhere near their best for almost two years. Oh, and no left-back and no holding midfielder has come in.

Goal.com :bow:.

Japan Shaking All Over
01-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Goal.com :bow:.

reading Goal makes me even more convinced that being a member of MOC is a good thing

Cripps_orig
02-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Tottenham have already approached Bolton over fresh talks in January over the potential transfer of defender Gary Cahill in a bid to beat bitter rivals Arsenal to the punch when the race for the England international's signature begins again. Full story: MetroArsenal failed in their attempts to sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Mario Gotze for £35m on transfer deadline day, according to reports in Germany. Full story: TalkSportThink we might get Cahill in January to consolidate 6th.

Asthmatic Kitty
02-09-2011, 01:34 PM
not sure if this has been posted yet...

Gunners made loan enquiry for French ace

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas claims that Arsenal made a late bid for Yoann Gourcuff before deadline day.

The Frenchman was just one of the players chased by the Gunners in the final days of the transfer window as Arsenal searched for replacements for Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas.
Gourcuff, who is currently recovering from injury, is regarded as one of the best attacking midfielders in France and is thought to be a long-term target of Arsene Wenger's.

Lyon rejected Arsenal's enquiry for Gourcuff with the player having a big part to play at Stade Gerland.

"I got a call on the penultimate day of the transfer window from Gilles Grimandi asking for a loan," Aulas told RMC Sport.

"We believe in re-establishing Yoann. He has been operated upon. He has just resumed training.

"We have chosen Gourcuff, like last year. It was hard last season. Hopefully he will demonstrate his capabilities this term."

Gourcuff scored three goals in 27 Ligue 1 appearances last season for Lyon but is currently ruled out through injury.

-sky sports

nice to see we were at least trying to bring in some big names, hopefully we'll make a deal stick for one of them in jan

Japan Shaking All Over
02-09-2011, 02:08 PM

the injury stuff kind of says it all. . .we need players ready to go in as of our next game. . .not players still looking for match fitness
before he moved to Milan thought he would have been good not so convinced now

I reckon too we will be in for players in Jan another push for Cahill or for him we wait till he runs down his contract ala we did for Shitmak

Özim
02-09-2011, 02:55 PM
not sure if this has been posted yet...

-sky sports

nice to see we were at least trying to bring in some big names, hopefully we'll make a deal stick for one of them in jan
This makes me laugh, we wanted their star player on loan :lol:

That would have been like Barca asking us if they could have Cesc on loan.

Master Splinter
02-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Gourcuff's been shite for a while.

I actually prefer Arteta.

Kaiser
02-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Was worth a shot tbh. Remi Garde is a Wenger protegee. Also I think they're reverting to a 4-4-2 so Gourcuff could be benched.

Darth Vela
02-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Too damn right, I'm pretty fricking happy with Arteta and Benayoun, I like both players and they offer us what we need, add in a giant German and decent cover up front (possibly, I'm remaining optimistic after everything I've heard about Park though), with all of those have top level experience and we've actually turned an interminably shite summer into a reasonably good transfer window.

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Too damn right, I'm pretty fricking happy with Arteta and Benayoun, I like both players and they offer us what we need, add in a giant German and decent cover up front (possibly, I'm remaining optimistic after everything I've heard about Park though), with all of those have top level experience and we've actually turned an interminably shite summer into a reasonably good transfer window.

I believe our expectations were successfully managed down, mind you. If we'd have been presented with these names a month back (rather than in the last few days when it looked like we might end up with nothing) I think the reactions may have been different.Isn't this more a case of being relieved rather than impressed? Even so, if the newcomers can teach our little pansies how to put up a fight then that'll be good enough.

Darth Vela
02-09-2011, 03:50 PM
I dunno, I'd have wanted Arteta here regardless, I know he's coming back from injury but he's looked good the last few times I've seen him and was a class act before that. I'd have liked Benayoun on a permanent deal but he has guile, creativity, goal threat and Premiership experience so I'm happy with that.

Ofc, I'd have liked a big signing, someone like Mata or Hazard with a little bit of the 'wow factor' but we needed creativity and experience and we got creativity and experience, that's pretty good in my eyes.

NB: Don't think this completely makes up for the shambles of the summer, we fucked up and whoever was in charge should be either fired or forced to sit through every one of our matches from the end of last season on a loop, until his contract expires.

Master Splinter
02-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Arteta can take a pel too.

As can Germans.

Ju and Arteta will hopefully become our set-piece coaches too.

GunnerFan4Life
02-09-2011, 07:27 PM
We will be linked with M'vila or another CM again in jan or summer as Yossi is only on loan. I don't think our buisness is done we need to keep building.

Thierrymon
04-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Arsene Wenger (http://www.caughtoffside.com/tag/arsene-wenger) is confident he will finally land Lille playmaker Eden Hazard for £28million in the January transfer window.
Arsene Wenger (http://www.caughtoffside.com/tag/arsene-wenger) made Hazard – also on Kenny Dalglish’s wish-list at Liverpool – his top target during the summer but ran out of time with the French club unable to find a replacement.
“The deal was very close to happening but it couldn’t be done in time,” said an Emirates source.
“Negotiating had all but been done but Lille didn’t have a suitable player to come in for Hazard so it fell short.
“But Arsene will make it come January.”
Wenger will also renew his interest in Rennes defensive midfielder Yann M’Villa, 21

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/09/04/arsenal-look-to-complete-42m-double-raid-in-january-as-wenger-looks-to-spend-fabregas-and-nasri-cash/

"Emirates" source eh?

GunnerFan4Life
04-09-2011, 11:39 AM
If he did come hed be cup tied for CL right?

McNamara That Ghost...
04-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Possibly not if Lille are knocked out and we aren't.

AKBapologist
04-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Won't be until summer unless we unload some players.

Darth Vela
04-09-2011, 12:31 PM
If Chamakh doesn't recover some form it wouldn't surprise me to see him shoved out on loan, so that could open up some space.

KSE Comedy Club
04-09-2011, 12:51 PM
If it were possible that we could get Hazard and M'vila in january, then that would really give us some strength.

Olivier's xmas twist
04-09-2011, 02:05 PM
If it were possible that we could get Hazard and M'vila in january, then that would really give us some strength.

were gonna need it the way Wilshere is injured.

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2011, 03:37 PM
If Chamakh doesn't recover some form it wouldn't surprise me to see him shoved out on loan, so that could open up some space.

Why can't that cunt get injured for months instead of Wilshere?

Marc Overmars
04-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Barely a day after sealing a season-long loan with Sunderland, Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner has claimed he will never return to play for the Gunners.

Bendtner, 23, has divided opinion among Gunners' fans during his six years at the club, as there are those who feel he has the talent to succeed at the highest level while others believe he is not of the required quality.

The Denmark forward has never been short of confidence and has repeatedly claimed he should be leading the line for the club, but he made limited impact last season - following a car crash two years ago - and has now been moved on.

Although he is still an Arsenal player, it appears he may well have burnt his bridges with many in and around the club by insisting he will never go back.

"I will never go back to Arsenal," he is quoted as saying in The Sun. "If I can have it my way, I will never play for them again.

"After my car accident I never really got the chance to earn a spot in the first team. That is over one and a half years with no real chance to prove myself.

"I am really looking forward to playing for Sunderland and then we will see next summer. I will find a new club - but I will not go back to Arsenal, that's for sure."

Bye.

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Bye.

It's like the neighbour's cat getting the hump with you and refusing to shit in your garden. Tough break but life goes on.

KSE Comedy Club
05-09-2011, 08:22 AM
It's like the neighbour's cat getting the hump with you and refusing to shit in your garden. Tough break but life goes on.

:lol: :gp:

Flavs
05-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Barely a day after sealing a season-long loan with Sunderland, Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner has claimed he will never return to play for the Gunners.

Bendtner, 23, has divided opinion among Gunners' fans during his six years at the club, as there are those who feel he has the talent to succeed at the highest level while others believe he is not of the required quality.

The Denmark forward has never been short of confidence and has repeatedly claimed he should be leading the line for the club, but he made limited impact last season - following a car crash two years ago - and has now been moved on.

Although he is still an Arsenal player, it appears he may well have burnt his bridges with many in and around the club by insisting he will never go back.

"I will never go back to Arsenal," he is quoted as saying in The Sun. "If I can have it my way, I will never play for them again.

"After my car accident I never really got the chance to earn a spot in the first team. That is over one and a half years with no real chance to prove myself.

"I am really looking forward to playing for Sunderland and then we will see next summer. I will find a new club - but I will not go back to Arsenal, that's for sure."

Bye.He really is an odious entity, a “man” who while doing very little on the pitch has repetitively spoken as if he is Maradonna off of it. I find his sense of self as nauseating as it is droll. We should be joyful to be rid of him for a season at the very least.

selassie
05-09-2011, 09:10 AM

Call me a cynic but I actually think Arsene offered for Hazard on deadline day knowing full well that it would be rejected.

He had all summer to buy him, why leave it so late when the selling club have no time to replace him?

I don't think our part in the "Park" Saga has helped strengthen our relationship with Lille either.

I'd love to think we could get Hazard in January but the fact we made so many signings on deadline day leads me to believe that Hazard won't be coming here anytime soon.

I think the situation with M'Vila is slightly different, I believe we held an interest in him and geniunely wanted to push through the deal but sought other options once we knew Rennes weren't going to accept our offer. I don't think we'll be going back for him either though.

AKBapologist
05-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Rennes General Manager Pierre Dreossi confirms Arsenal made a "substantial bid" for Yann M'Vila thought to be £25m (RMC)

Niall_Quinn
05-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Rennes General Manager Pierre Dreossi confirms Arsenal made a "substantial bid" for Yann M'Vila thought to be £25m (RMC)

I guess that means they wanted £27m.

selassie
05-09-2011, 11:33 AM

Sad thing is we would have probably signed him if we offered for him at the start of summer.

I still don't understand why Wenger dithered in the market this summer...it's almost more frustrating that he offered for young stars like M'Vila, Hazard & Goetze so late on in the Window, just don't get it.

Darth Vela
05-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Sad thing is we would have probably signed him if we offered for him at the start of summer.

I still don't understand why Wenger dithered in the market this summer...it's almost more frustrating that he offered for young stars like M'Vila, Hazard & Goetze so late on in the Window, just don't get it.

It backs up the idea that the 8-2 defeat was a kick up somebody's behind (whoever was repsonsible for the lack of investment: Wenger/the board/Nasri) and we weren't planning on spending that big before it happened although I simply can't believe we weren't going to get in some more creativity even before Black Sunday.

Coney
05-09-2011, 11:47 AM

I guess that means they wanted £27m.

No - £25,000,000.50 but Wenger is a man of principle.

Flavs
05-09-2011, 11:49 AM

Bollocks, aint no way, no how that some frog eating, white flag waving, cheese sniffing, 2nd rate, surrender monkey looking motherfucker could turn down that kind of money.

Besides, he aint that good anyhow

Niall_Quinn
05-09-2011, 11:52 AM
It backs up the idea that the 8-2 defeat was a kick up somebody's behind (whoever was repsonsible for the lack of investment: Wenger/the board/Nasri) and we weren't planning on spending that big before it happened although I simply can't believe we weren't going to get in some more creativity even before Black Sunday.

Or it could be a lot more sinister and contrived. There's a pattern developing. All the under-bids, the "we spotted him first" stories. Maybe the lateness of the bids was a hedge against them ever being accepted. Which top club wants to lose a key player late in the window with no chance to sign a replacement? And yet the board can tell the fans, we bid this, we are ambitious but it just didn't work this time. What about the £10mill Jagialka bid? Our apparent desire to insult the other team rather than genuinely negotiate. £6mill for Cahill, was that deal dead the minute we made that bid? Speculation in my part. The only thing we know for sure is they managed to bank the Cesc and Na$ri cash.

AKBapologist
05-09-2011, 11:55 AM
http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/178174/lindispensable-mister-mvila/

Like I said, I think we were waiting for the rich clubs to complete their business to avoid bidding wars, CL qualification and the situation of certain players (bendtner, Vela, troare) to sort themselves out because we literally couldn't buy any more foreign players than we did etc.

Niall_Quinn
05-09-2011, 11:59 AM
http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/178174/lindispensable-mister-mvila/

Like I said, I think we were waiting for the rich clubs to complete their business to avoid bidding wars, CL qualification and the situation of certain players (bendtner, Vela, troare) to sort themselves out because we literally couldn't buy any more foreign players than we did etc.

Which leads to another aspect of Wenger's unbearable arrogance. His loathing of British players. Not signing Parker was a mortal sin, Wenger will go to hell for that one. Bellamy was there too. Cahill, of course. Would any of these players have been the subject of a serious bidding war? Maybe Cahill if the spuds were determined, which it looks like they weren't or else they would have landed him.

Flavs
05-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Speculation in my part.

:sick:

Niall_Quinn
05-09-2011, 12:10 PM
:sick:

So I made a typo - big deal! Jeez.

Correction: Fact ON my part.

Darth Vela
05-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Or it could be a lot more sinister and contrived. There's a pattern developing. All the under-bids, the "we spotted him first" stories. Maybe the lateness of the bids was a hedge against them ever being accepted. Which top club wants to lose a key player late in the window with no chance to sign a replacement? And yet the board can tell the fans, we bid this, we are ambitious but it just didn't work this time. What about the £10mill Jagialka bid? Our apparent desire to insult the other team rather than genuinely negotiate. £6mill for Cahill, was that deal dead the minute we made that bid? Speculation in my part. The only thing we know for sure is they managed to bank the Cesc and Na$ri cash.

Could be, it seems Wenger has some influence with the board though and if he doesn't care about this team enough to put in a little more cash then his acting towards the end of last season deserves an Oscar, so either they're able to pull the wool over some pretty shrewd eyes and keep the cash for themselves or there's something else going on, my money's on the 'something else' being more likely.

Flavs
05-09-2011, 12:16 PM
So I made a typo - big deal! Jeez.

Correction: Fact ON my part.

it was more he thought of anything to do with your "part" tbh

selassie
05-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Could be, it seems Wenger has some influence with the board though and if he doesn't care about this team enough to put in a little more cash then his acting towards the end of last season deserves an Oscar, so either they're able to pull the wool over some pretty shrewd eyes and keep the cash for themselves or there's something else going on, my money's on the 'something else' being more likely.

Whatever the case, it's scary that our manager is able to influence the board to sell our star assets on the cheap.

I accept in this instance that the sale of Cesc was inevitable but you've got to wonder if we could have extracted more money out of Barca if we would have dug our heels in a bit more.

I do feel that this story pretty much puts to bed the notion that Arsene is the Board's lapdog.

Niall_Quinn
05-09-2011, 12:38 PM
it was more he thought of anything to do with your "part" tbh

You said "part" :pal:

Cripps_orig
06-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Barcelona are trying to fight off interest from Chelsea and Arsenal regarding the latest prospect from their famed La Masia academy - forward Gerard Deulofeu. Full story: TalkSportNo thanks

Niall_Quinn
06-09-2011, 12:07 AM
No thanks

Yeah, enough of training their future star players, let's sort out a few of our own now.

Japan Shaking All Over
06-09-2011, 12:23 AM
I agree but I dony mond a bit of poaching, as long as we are bringing these guys in to an established team, the pure youth theory is flawed and even though Wenger may have dreamt if Cesc staying and being a mentor to all and sundry, this wasnt the case because the team was nit gifted or mentally strong enough.

I doubt at the moment Barca would buy anyone back from us. . . .Cesc was special the others quite rightly would be considered tainted goods

Niall_Quinn
06-09-2011, 12:57 AM
I agree but I dony mond a bit of poaching, as long as we are bringing these guys in to an established team, the pure youth theory is flawed and even though Wenger may have dreamt if Cesc staying and being a mentor to all and sundry, this wasnt the case because the team was nit gifted or mentally strong enough.

I doubt at the moment Barca would buy anyone back from us. . . .Cesc was special the others quite rightly would be considered tainted goods

They were after Squilacci but we told them to fuck off and we stood our ground. They left with their tail between their cloven hooves.

Master Splinter
06-09-2011, 01:30 AM
They couldn't agree terms with Squllaci.

He wanted to double his wages.

To £7.50.

Flavs
06-09-2011, 09:48 AM
The loan window opens on Thursday, wonder who we will let go out and to who...

Grebbo
06-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Barcelona are trying to fight off interest from Chelsea and Arsenal regarding the latest prospect from their famed La Masia academy - forward Gerard Deulofeu. Full story: TalkSport

Hell yes.

This is the only way we will ever sign world class players.

If we get 5 years of joy out of them then why not?

IBK
06-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Hell yes.

This is the only way we will ever sign world class players.

If we get 5 years of joy out of them then why not?

I'd like to do it just to get a small measure of petty revenge.

LDG
06-09-2011, 10:24 AM

Almunia on loan to....the first team :yikes:

Joker
06-09-2011, 01:52 PM
I'd rather we focus on developing local talent than poaching from abroad so much tbh. Otherwise we'll have a similar situation like Cesc.

Cripps_orig
06-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is keeping tabs on Hannover 96's Norway international striker Mohammed Abdellaoue.
Full story: Inside Futbol

Manchester United and Arsenal are set to battle it out for the signature of German teenager Mario Goetze from Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund.
Full story: Footybunker.com

Looks like Gotze isnt coming then

Ironing
06-09-2011, 02:49 PM
This thread needs to die

fakeyank
06-09-2011, 02:59 PM

Huh? :unsure:

There is a seperate loan window?

Cripps_orig
06-09-2011, 03:00 PM
For the lower leagues so we can send our youngsters out

fakeyank
06-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Can we send Squillaci out?

We can give him a Nigerian passport and say that he is 10 ya know..

Cripps_orig
06-09-2011, 03:36 PM
We could but id rather keep him and get rid of Kos

Coney
06-09-2011, 03:38 PM
*Tries to work out a Kos Letters pun....*

Letters
06-09-2011, 03:44 PM
*can't wait*

Coney
06-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Cos Lettuce. Arf arf.

:getcoat:

Letters
06-09-2011, 09:33 PM
That was definitely worth the wait :lol:

Master Splinter
07-09-2011, 02:16 AM
You should both kill each other in a pun shootout tbh.

Coney
07-09-2011, 12:00 PM
You should both kill each other in a pun shootout tbh.

You mean a pun fight.

IBK
07-09-2011, 12:59 PM
You mean a pun fight.

gentlemen, choose your weapuns...

Japan Shaking All Over
08-09-2011, 03:33 AM
gentlemen, choose your weapuns...

Sharp sarcasm or deadly sit com banter

(Heard Letters is lethal with a handful of Terry and June one liners. . .shudder at the thought! )

IBK
08-09-2011, 09:02 AM
he's positively punitive!

Coney
08-09-2011, 11:36 AM
And punacious - no-one could argue with that.

Cripps_orig
08-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala are interested in signing Arsenal winger Andrey Arshavin, as owner Suleyman Kerimov looks to continue his big-spending policy.
Full story: Caughtoffside.com

Arsenal are showing interest in Fiorentina midfielder Riccardo Montolivo, whose contract runs out at the end of the season.
Full story: Insidefutbol.com

Montolivo on a free would be awesome

Marc Overmars
08-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Montolivo. :bow:

FM 2005 legend.

We should sell Arshavin to Anzhi, they'd give us shit loads.

Coney
08-09-2011, 12:43 PM

Maybe we should pay them something to get him in January before the others get hold of him.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Montolivo. :bow:

FM 2005 legend.

We should sell Arshavin to Anzhi, they'd give us shit loads.

shit loads. . . . Cesc. . .for. . . .Barca from. . .

was it really all just a dream?

fakeyank
08-09-2011, 03:26 PM

Montolivo and may be Cahill for free. Its party time in the flee market! :dance:

Fist of Lehmann
08-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Montolivo and may be Cahill for free. Its party time in the flee market! :dance:
Flee market fundamentalism :bow:

GP
08-09-2011, 08:43 PM

:haha:

Master Splinter
08-09-2011, 08:45 PM

FMFs :bow: (of both varieties).

Cripps_orig
08-09-2011, 08:47 PM
I dont get it

milla
08-09-2011, 09:53 PM

Wenger :bow:

Niall_Quinn
08-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Flea market no funds-and-mentalism, more like.

AKBapologist
09-09-2011, 03:51 PM
http://a.yfrog.com/img610/2682/ta1qe.jpg

Master Splinter
09-09-2011, 03:57 PM
I thought Bendtner had returned for a second :(.

And why have we signed Adriano?

LDG
09-09-2011, 04:06 PM
We've replaced Cesc with ugly cesc.

Bendtner with ugly Bendtner.

Clichy with fat ugly clichy.

Lesbian with even more ugly lesbianism.

Ugly theo will take over from theo.

And then Park up front.

I think we may just be going for the ugly cup, you know.

Master Splinter
09-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Miquel and Theo are good-looking lads.

Plus Cesc was a Sylar-looking greasy slimeball cunt.

Arteta :bow:.

Niall_Quinn
09-09-2011, 04:36 PM
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a433/qwerty12343/bastien-is-here.jpg

milla
09-09-2011, 04:39 PM
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a433/qwerty12343/bastien-is-here.jpg

Fugly tbh. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
09-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Fugly tbh. :coffee:

At least he's here and starting tomorrow against Swansea - no matter what anyone says.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-09-2011, 06:02 PM
jesus.

went on a 10 day holiday, come back and see we've signed 5 players. surely not?

arteta's a brilliant signing.

milla
09-09-2011, 09:07 PM
http://arseblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/nick1.jpg

GW will miss you SirNik :bow:

Master Splinter
09-09-2011, 09:13 PM

No-one will miss you SirNik

:gp:

milla
09-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Haters :sulk:

KSE Comedy Club
10-09-2011, 11:13 AM

GW will miss you SirNik :bow:

No we wont. :coffee:

Boss
10-09-2011, 11:24 AM
SUNDERLAND fought off competition from a host of top clubs to land Arsenal hitman Nicklas Bendtner, Steve Bruce has revealed.

And the Black Cats’ boss admitted he was a relieved man to sign the striker after the Gunners’ 11th-hour decision to let him leave the Emirates this season opened the way for half-a-dozen different exit options for the Dane.

Bendtner was expected to make his debut for the Black Cats against Chelsea this afternoon in the wake of his deadline-day loan move 10 days ago.

But the 23-year-old, who arrived in Sunderland on a season-long loan, could easily have been lining up elsewhere, with Bruce saying “six to eight” clubs could also have looked to sign him.

Arsenal only made their minds up that Bendtner could leave the day before the transfer window closed and that led to a flurry of inquiries and possible deals.

At one point on transfer deadline day it seemed certain he would be used as a makeweight in the £10million deal that saw Mikel Arteta join the Gunners from Everton.

But the fact that Bendtner has played under the Black Cats’ boss before – spending the 2006-07 season on loan at Birmingham City and helping the Blues win promotion – helped swing it Sunderland’s way.

“We beat off competition from six or eight clubs to sign him once Arsenal decided to let him out on loan – and there were some big clubs in there, too,” said Bruce.

“It was great for us that he wanted to come here and let’s hope he can give us a spark.

“I’m delighted to have him here and hopefully he can hit the ground running.

“As we witnessed in the week, he’s a fantastic talent, a very, very good player. He’s hard work at times – he will be hard work at times – but he’s a big, genuine, honest boy who wants to come and play.

“I hope he can flourish in the surroundings in which he finds himself – and I think he will.

“Everybody knows his ability – and he’s only 23 now.

“He has played 150 times for Arsenal and scored 40 goals, near enough, so there’s no questioning his ability.”

The 23-year-old warmed up for his Sunderland debut by scoring both goals in Denmark’s 2-0 win over Norway in Copenhagen on Tuesday night.

And in interviews afterwards, he put his fine performance down to the excitement he feels over the move to Sunderland and the chance to play regular first-team football in his favourite position of striker.

Bendtner has endured a difficult 12 months at Arsenal, scoring just two Premier League goals in 17 appearances last term, but Bruce is confident he will thrive with regular football on Wearside.

“I had the pleasure of working with Nicklas when he was 18 at Birmingham and when he left there and went back to Arsenal, he played something like 30 games the next season and 30 the season after that and did very well,” observed Bruce.

“He had a bad car crash a year ago and he was fortunate to walk away from that, but since then it hasn’t quite happened for him at Arsenal.

“I think he’s been a bit unlucky at Arsenal because he has been asked to play on the left or on the right to allow them to play Robin van Persie down the middle and Nicklas has found that difficult.

“But just like we did last season with Danny Welbeck and Nedum Onuoha, we hope we can give him a platform here to kick on again."

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/chris-young-column/steve_bruce_had_to_fight_off_clubs_to_nab_nicklas_ bendtner_1_3761179

Real Madrid, Barcelona and 6 other clubs wanted him.

Bendtner :bow: :bow:

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 11:37 AM
I told Bruce to say that.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 11:48 AM
I told Bruce to say that.

And if your real name was Niall Quinn id believe you

But it aint so Im telling you to put a sock in it

Cripps_orig
10-09-2011, 07:39 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11695_7168296,00.html

We should make a bid

Cripps_orig
10-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Bolton and England defender Gary Cahill has alerted Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal to a possible move after he revealed that his dream remains to play European football.
Full story: Caughtoffside.com (http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/09/09/chelsea-and-tottenham-transfer-target-offers-move-hint/)

Arsenal could make a move for PSV Eindhoven's Sweden striker Ola Toivonen in the January transfer window.
Full story: talkSPORT (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1074/59/wenger-already-planning-january-window-arsenal-eye-psv-ace)

Arsenal and Sunderland are set to go head-to-head in a race to sign Hannover 96 striker Mohammed Abdellaoue.
Full story: talkSPORT (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1076/19/arsenal-and-sunderland-set-sights-norwegian-strike-ace)

Cripps_orig
11-09-2011, 02:06 AM
Arsenal are planning a swoop for Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Granero in January.Full story: Inside Futbol Yay

Japan Shaking All Over
11-09-2011, 03:13 AM
And the Magic Roundabout creaks into motion again

Cripps_orig
12-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke has broken his silence on The Gunners' deadline-day transfer spending. Manager Arsene Wenger splashed the cash on the likes of Mikel Arteta and Per Mertesacker but Kroenke admitted: "There's a risk of going backwards if you overreact and start throwing money around in an attempt to solve your problems."Full story: Caughtoffside.comThere's also the chance of the club going forward if we spend.Time for Usmanov to come in and save us.

Niall_Quinn
12-09-2011, 03:11 AM
Not one of ours I hope.

THE identity of a top Premier League footballer who tested positive for cocaine will be revealed tonight.
He was later sold by his club in a multimillion pound deal but his new team were not told of the drug test, a TV investigation claims.

The star will be named by Channel 4 show Dispatches as it focuses on the use of recreational and performance-enhancing drugs in football.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3808119/Top-Premier-footie-ace-is-on-cocaine.html

fakeyank
12-09-2011, 04:03 AM
Not one of ours I hope.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3808119/Top-Premier-footie-ace-is-on-cocaine.html

It says top footie ace.. cant be ours!

PGFC
12-09-2011, 07:51 AM
It says top footie ace.. cant be ours!

:d

How I'd laugh if it was the lesbian though.

Xhaka Can’t
12-09-2011, 08:12 AM
:d

How I'd laugh if it was the lesbian though.

It would take decades to wipe the grin from my face if that happened.

Decades.

Kaiser
12-09-2011, 09:04 AM
:lol:

That would be hilarious.

They say 'top' footballer. It'll probably be someone like David Dunn. Other guesses include Andy Carroll, Mereiles, Crouch etc

AKBapologist
12-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if it was rosicky or chamakh tbh

Kaiser
12-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Says he was later sold in a multi-million pound deal. Won't be either of those, assuming it's gonna be a recent transfer. They've just been plain shit (bar Rosicky vs Udinese, I guess). There's no drug abuse or matchfixing/Interpol investigation to explain that.

PGFC
12-09-2011, 09:48 AM
:lol:

That would be hilarious.

They say 'top' footballer. It'll probably be someone like David Dunn. Other guesses include Andy Carroll, Mereiles, Crouch etc

Carroll's got to be the stand-out name in that list

Cripps_orig
12-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Cuntesc Cuntegras :pray:

Japan Shaking All Over
12-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Wow popcorn time!
make sure you let us know. . . .no Dispatches over here

Nasbo would make me scream but Carroll after all the latest stories is a good bet! transfer was recent right?

sneaky each way bet on the legend known as Eboue! ?

Cripps_orig
12-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Its Paul Merson

Marc Overmars
12-09-2011, 10:14 AM
I bet no name is revealed.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-09-2011, 10:20 AM

Dont be a spoil sport MO!

cant you heat the mob baying for blood, we need an effergy to burn, a name to crucify!

Coney
12-09-2011, 11:19 AM

Well of course not. If they mention a name, they'd have to back it up with facts.

Japan Shaking All Over
12-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Well of course not. If they mention a name, they'd have to back it up with facts.

And who has heard of journalism based on facts? ? ?

McNamara That Ghost...
12-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Kolo. :bow:

Master Splinter
12-09-2011, 03:55 PM
It's clearly Cuntcesc Cuntregas.

He was injured for ages. Barely trained. Then he recovers miraculously and is instantly scoring for fun for Club and Country.

The only other explanation is that he's a slimy, greasy, disrespectful cunt.

Ollie the Optimist
12-09-2011, 05:47 PM
would love it to be nasri but hearing that its english player. so multi million pound move recenlty narrows it down, you have carrol, young, dann and not sure who else, but not many other english players to go for big moeny

or it will be mutu

Kaiser
12-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Apparently it's Gary O'Connor, the former Brum player, now at Hibs. Liberal use of 'top' player once again.

Injury Time
12-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Er didn't we pay millions for Oxo Cube?

Cripps_orig
12-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Arsenal will re-enter the transfer window in January and are planning a cut-price double swoop for Bolton defender Gary Cahill and Fiorentina midfielder Riccardo Montolivo.
Full story: Footybunker.com

Arsenal and Liverpool are monitoring the progress of 18-year-old Crystal Palace striker Wilfried Zaha.
Full story: fanatix.com

And the Gunners are also lining up a summer swoop for 24-year-old Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Granero, according to reports in Spain. Full story: talkSPORT

fakeyank
12-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Other than Cahill and any other freebies, cant see it happening

Japan Shaking All Over
13-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Another attempt by Arsenal to give the fans an 'anti-climatic hard on', may even get to shoot my load uf Cahill signs, as I was dry as the Gobi after the summer dealings

fakeyank
13-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Another attempt by Arsenal to give the fans an 'anti-climatic hard on', may even get to shoot my load uf Cahill signs, as I was dry as the Gobi after the summer dealings

KESSLER
13-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Good news, Lansbury has extended his contract. I think it was due to expire at the end of the season.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/lansbury-signs-contract-extension-with-club

Japan Shaking All Over
13-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Good news, Lansbury has extended his contract. I think it was due to expire at the end of the season.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/lansbury-signs-contract-extension-with-club

Good news for who?
not us. . . .because the guy doesnt get a game for us

milla
13-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Good news for who?

At our rate, we will sell Song next year, Arteta will want to go to wherever his DNA belong to, Wheelchair will be on the wheel chair for another year or two. Plenty of football for Lansbury tbh. :coffee:

KESSLER
13-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Good news for who?

Even if he doesnt make it with us, him having a contract now means at the very least we can get a fee for him and that's better than losing him for nothing

Cripps_orig
13-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea are on high alert after hearing Fiorentina forward Stevan Jovetic has delayed signing a new contract with the club. Full story: caughtoffsideArsenal target Marvin Martin has signed a new deal with Sochaux, but revealed he has an end of season get-out clause, which could finally pave his move to the Gunners. Full story: MetroJovetic is a must get

Master Splinter
14-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Marvin Martin :bow:.

Cripps_orig
14-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Everton will have to sell Fellaini if he doesn't sign a contract. Must Get

Ollie the Optimist
14-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Good news for who?

i think he is quite highly rated at arsenal, certaintly thats what some journos have been saying. wenger think loaned him out to get tougher and fitter, its paying off so far.

Cripps_orig
16-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Arsenal and Fiorentina are locked in a battle to sign Padova teenage midfielder Ousmane Drame.Full story: talkSPORTArsenal manager Arsene Wenger has refused to rule out making Yossi Benayoun's loan switch permanent, on the same day the midfielder revealed joining the Gunners instead of Liverpool was 'an easy choice'.Full story: MetroEverton midfielder Marouane Fellaini could be set to follow Mikel Arteta to Arsenal in January after Toffees' boss David Moyes admitted he could be forced to sell.Full story: MetroFior can have him. No thanls to Benayoun and Fellaini is a must get

Master Splinter
16-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Screech is definitely a Must Get.

We should get Ross Barkley too.

Mostly for the moaning on GW.

Japan Shaking All Over
16-09-2011, 02:46 AM
Fior can have him. No thanls to Benayoun and Fellaini is a must get

I would say yes to both of the ones with PL experience, rate Fells would give us another presence and someone who has a chance to intercept Theos overhit attempts at a cross. . . .Benny Hill could be the surprise of the season so I am going to buck the buck the GW (Zimm/Cripps axis) trend of writing someone off before they have had time learn the names of their teammates. . . .

Özim
16-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Everton will have to sell Fellaini if he doesn't sign a contract. Must Get
Yup fantastic player, we won't get him of course as other top clubs will be interested and I don't see why he'd sign for us when bigger more ambitious club are after him.

Özim
16-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Fior can have him. No thanls to Benayoun and Fellaini is a must get
Yup no thanks to Benayoun for me too, he's never been that great and is coming to up to the tail end of an avergae career.

Darth Vela
16-09-2011, 12:30 PM
I would say yes to both of the ones with PL experience, rate Fells would give us another presence and someone who has a chance to intercept Theos overhit attempts at a cross. . . .Benny Hill could be the surprise of the season so I am going to buck the buck the GW (Zimm/Cripps axis) trend of writing someone off before they have had time learn the names of their teammates. . . .

Indeed, I've always thought Benayoun was a classy player; never played as much as he should at Liverpool due mainly to Rafa imo.

As for Fellaini, the guy's a bit of a cheating twat and a sneaky mofo too so we should probably get him in, maybe we'll know how useful Diaby will be after his rebuilding by January and if he's not up to it, swoop. I'd like that.

IBK
16-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Indeed, I've always thought Benayoun was a classy player; never played as much as he should at Liverpool due mainly to Rafa imo.

As for Fellaini, the guy's a bit of a cheating twat and a sneaky mofo too so we should probably get him in, maybe we'll know how useful Diaby will be after his rebuilding by January and if he's not up to it, swoop. I'd like that.

Every time someone mentions Diaby in future can it be remembered that the guys on £60K plus a week? :lol:

Darth Vela
16-09-2011, 12:46 PM
I'd rather forget that, if I'm honest.

Master Splinter
16-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Do you have any evidence that Diaby's on that much?

I heard it was 98k.

IBK
16-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Do you have any evidence that Diaby's on that much?

I heard it was 98k.

Yup - Arsene gets me to go in and sign Diaby's cheque every week because I have neat handwriting.

Master Splinter
16-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Yup - Arsene gets me to go in and sign Diaby's cheque every week because I have neat handwriting.

Everyone thinks they have the neatest handwriting at home.

Cripps_orig
16-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Arsenal will go head-to-head with their transfer nemesis Barcelona for the latest striking sensation to emerge in Spain.

Valencia’s 18-year-old forward Francisco ‘Paco’ Alcacer is on both clubs’ radar after hitting a hat-trick for Valencia’s second-string against Lleida Esportiu in their Segunda B clash last month.

The teenage prospect has been on the periphery of the first team since making his debut for the reserves two seasons ago, as a 16-year-old, and he has already amassed 54 appearances in the Spanish second-tier where he has scored 33 goals.

Arsenal and Barca have a fraught relationship when it comes to transfer dealings as the Catalan club believe Arsene Wenger poached Cesc Fabregas eight years ago and Pep Guardiola was unimpressed when Arsenal bought Hector Bellerin and Jon Toral to north London in similar deals earlier this year.

Alcacer helped Spain’s Under-19’s side to glory in this year’s European Championship and is under contract until 2013 and is believed to have rejected attempts by Valencia to extend his deal.

The youngster is believed to be available for around £9m.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1104/79/arsenal-and-barca-battle-it-out-teenage-star

Can see this happening.

Barca will tell him to go to us for a few years, get better and then pine and moan for a return to Spain and they'll get him on the cheap.

£9m from Valencia for a reserve striker is a bit much but we paid £12m for a League one Pub Teamer whos even worse

fakeyank
16-09-2011, 02:23 PM
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1104/79/arsenal-and-barca-battle-it-out-teenage-star

Can see this happening.

Barca will tell him to go to us for a few years, get better and then pine and moan for a return to Spain and they'll get him on the cheap.

£9m from Valencia for a reserve striker is a bit much but we paid £12m for a League one Pub Teamer whos even worse

Yup, I can see this transfer going through as well. Of course this 9 mill wont be used for an established name because it will kill youngsters! :lol:

server too busy!
16-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Yup, I can see this transfer going through as well. Of course this 9 mill wont be used for an established name because it will kill youngsters! :lol:
:lol: Your whining is brilliant

fakeyank
16-09-2011, 03:06 PM
:lol: Your whining is brilliant

:tiphat:

Cripps_orig
16-09-2011, 07:18 PM
David Beckham is on a free after November.

We should get him in. Better than any of our midfielders

Marc Overmars
16-09-2011, 07:47 PM
PSG are after him apparently.

No doubt Spurs will be back in there as well.

Master Splinter
16-09-2011, 10:47 PM
'Arry likes him.

Thinks he's triffic player.

Triffic lad.

The Chairman will try his best.

'Arry likes him.

Özim
16-09-2011, 11:34 PM

Can see this happening.

9 million for a reserve do me a favour, that's crazy money :lol:

Unai Tea
17-09-2011, 07:49 AM
About Benayoun, of course we should sign him to a longer deal. He's not young admittedly but he's a competent player. Our squad overall is weak and lacks sufficient depth and particularly experience. Why on earth would we get rid of a competent squad player who can come in and do a job and provide something different from time to time? I'd so much rather have Benayoun than Diaby.

PGFC
17-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Tbf I'd rather have Benny Hill than Diaby

GP
17-09-2011, 08:59 AM

It's funny cos he's dead.

PGFC
17-09-2011, 09:11 AM

It's funny cos he's dead.

So's your face.

He still makes better runs than Diaby though.

Cripps_orig
20-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Inter Milan winger Ricky Alvarez, who slipped out of Arsenal's clutches in the summer, could be set for a shock loan move to the Gunners in January.Full story: MetroArsenal and Liverpool will battle it out to sign 18-year-old striker Paco Alcacer from Spanish side Valencia. Full story: talkSPORTInter have been just as bad as us this season. No idea how Alvarez has done. No thanks to Paco dude

Coney
21-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Inter have been just as bad as us this season. No idea how Alvarez has done. No thanks to Paco dude

Or the manager....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15004394.stm

Inter Milan have sacked coach Gian Piero Gasperini after just five matches and three months in charge.

The ex-Genoa boss, 53, lost four games, taking just a point from Roma, and his side sit 17th in Italy's Serie A.

His last match was a disastrous 3-1 defeat on Tuesday by Novara, who were only promoted last season.

Good job we don't have their problems. ;)

Marc Overmars
21-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Barton reckons he was close to joining us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15008071.stm

Gervinho. :bow:

Best thing he'll ever do for us.

The Verminator
21-09-2011, 06:18 PM
I would have been happy to sign him personally. Might be a muppet but he's closer to Animal than Kermet.

GP
21-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Barton reckons he was close to joining us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15008071.stm

Gervinho. :bow:

Best thing he'll ever do for us.

lol. It's funny cos he's deluded.

Ollie the Optimist
21-09-2011, 06:47 PM
I would have been happy to sign him personally. Might be a muppet but he's closer to Animal than Kermet.

nah i never want that cunt to ever wear our shirt. he belongs in prison. best thing gervinho has done for us

Cripps_orig
21-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Arsenal are ready to make a £10m January transfer move for versatile Fiorentina star Juan Manuel Vargas. Full story: Daily MirrorArsenal are rumoured to be monitoring Barcelona youngster Rafa Alcantara with a view to making a move to capture the teenager in the January transfer window. Full story: Caught OffsideI'd take Vargas. The Barca cunt can piss off though

fakeyank
22-09-2011, 02:03 AM
Did anyone see Hargreaves today? That guy was seriously good and this without having played for close to 2 years. As I had said in this thread:
http://z13.invisionfree.com/goonersweb/index.php?showtopic=47600&st=0

We shouldve signed him on a pay as you play deal.. what was there to lose? If this guy even plays 20 games for us, he is bound to win us a few games.. AW missed out on some seriously good cheap business this season: Scott Parker, Bellamy, Barton, Hargreaves. These guys wouldve been a serious upgrade to the dross we have in our team now.

AW :rose:

Japan Shaking All Over
22-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Parker was one we missed out on, I must admit my interest in him waned when we were being served
with lavish stories of MVila and the like. . . .only to be let down like my little soldier sometimes lets me down after a night of tabs and beer!

Parker would have played his heart out of every game (swear he has a bit of Jap in him) and I can see him playing his way into the England Euro squad
Bellemy has an engine but would not know where he would gave fit in with our bullshit 1 striker formationDidnt really pass judgment on Hargreaves but fuck he would have been better on one leg than some of our excuses for players, could have played him at CB

and that leaves little Joey. . .the Newcastle game pit me straight but in hindsight I suppose the only way to stop him winding us up would be to have signed him

Niall_Quinn
22-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Parker was a disastrous miss of the same magnitude as us failing to pick up Alonso. Wenger has made such awful, awful decisions in the transfer market.

Power n Glory
22-09-2011, 12:38 PM
We've got Coqulin and Frimpong. Wenger was never going to sign a new central mid player.

Ollie the Optimist
22-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Did anyone see Hargreaves today? That guy was seriously good and this without having played for close to 2 years. As I had said in this thread:

We shouldve signed him on a pay as you play deal.. what was there to lose? If this guy even plays 20 games for us, he is bound to win us a few games.. AW missed out on some seriously good cheap business this season: Scott Parker, Bellamy, Barton, Hargreaves. These guys wouldve been a serious upgrade to the dross we have in our team now.

all becasue he scored against a championship club? jesus fucking christ

Ollie the Optimist
22-09-2011, 12:44 PM
also hearing reports on twitter according to spanish newspapers we have signed laportas son :lol:

Cripps_orig
22-09-2011, 12:47 PM
It is not a great time to be an Arsenal, but here’s a humorous little straw for downtrodden Gooners to cling to. The club has signed the son of the man who spearheaded part one of the campaign to bring Cesc Fabregas back to Barcelona.

Guim Laporta, son of ex-Barca president Joan, is now playing for Arsenal’s youth team after moving from Barcelona’s Infantil A side.

Laporta Senior was the man who lodged the Catalan giants’ first bids for Cesc back in the summer of 2010. And he was still stirring things up earlier this year.

He was quoted as saying: “The English come here to go ‘fishing’. They came to fish for Gerard Pique and they came to fish for Cesc Fabregas. It is an issue of justice that we (Barca) now want to recover them.

“I would have liked it if Cesc came to Barca in the way that Pique came. He abandoned Manchester United, making it clear he was going to Barca. They were players who were formed here.”

Alas, Guim’s move to the Gunners was nothing to do with English ‘fishing’. His mum has moved to London and the youngster has decided to switch clubs to stay with her.

The 14-year-old is younger than Fabregas was when he moved to England. Arsenal will be hoping to make another nice return on another hotly-tipped youngster.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2011/09/arsenal-get-last-laugh-in-cesc-fabregas-saga-by-signing-joan-laportas-son/

Cripps_orig
22-09-2011, 12:48 PM

This

Hargreaves and Parker would have been awesome

Ollie the Optimist
22-09-2011, 12:49 PM
ok some people have lost it, they keep moaning about our injuries and how shit our medical team is and are now moaning we didnt sign a player who hasnt played for two years cos of injuries all because he scored a goal against a championship club?

Cripps_orig
22-09-2011, 12:52 PM
No

Cos hes a quality player before his injury and now hes fit, hes back to being a quality player.

He was on a free as well and hes better than any of our DMs.

Fist of Lehmann
22-09-2011, 12:54 PM
also hearing reports on twitter according to spanish newspapers we have signed laportas son :lol:Great. Another kid with DNA.

Ollie the Optimist
22-09-2011, 12:55 PM
No

Cos hes a quality player before his injury and now hes fit, hes back to being a quality player.

He was on a free as well and hes better than any of our DMs.

im sorry i dont buy this, i thought he was great in the 2006 world cup and owuld have loved him then but since then he has played about ten games cos of injury. he is no where near back to being a quality player and i doubt he will at hte end of the season. you cannot say he is back to being a quality player on the basis he scored a goal against a championship club

Cripps_orig
22-09-2011, 12:56 PM
He was quality v a team that won a trophy last season and are in Europe this season.

Like i said, better than any of our DMs and id say that even if he hadnt scored last night