PDA

View Full Version : "Currants Bw..."

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 11:16 AM
Jokes aside no they don’t have it right

But ask your average Feminist and they don’t give a shit about actual oppression of women. They just care about perceived slights here.

If international women’s day wasn’t a giant self congratulatory backslap to every silly cow who calls herself a feminist. And was used to raise awareness of honour killings, acid attacks, domestic abuse, the mass murder of female babies in China due to the one child policy, rape and generally being treated of less worth than cattle.

I might just take it seriously

It's totally politically incorrect to mention that, btw. Sexist in the extreme.

As Iranian women throw off their hijabs as a sign of defiance (and attract the harshest punishment in return), western womyn are creating new fashions out of them as a show of solidarity. That's because they quite literally are mental. Totally fucked up in the head.

The real question is, how do they get away with it. A small minority of cunts making real women look bad. And why is this mental disease spreading? What do otherwise normal women think they are going to get from going bonkers?

That single sex adoption thing we were talking about the other day - the child abuse thing - it has many consequences, all of them bad. We wouldn't see half as many fags or leslies if it was illegal for them to abuse kids.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 11:17 AM
Don’t be so naive

You honestly think if a couple hire an au pair, the wife won’t handpick someone who is substantially more hideous than her

It has a hole, several in fact. It'll do.

Letters
08-03-2018, 11:20 AM

This is why you got sacked from that job writing Valentine's Day cards.

Niall_Quinn
This is why you got sacked from that job writing Valentine's Day cards.

That and the other thing.

HCZ

I admire your stoicism

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 11:23 AM
Why do womyn in a group sound like hens clucking when they are laughing? Has anyone ever figured that out?

HCZ
08-03-2018, 11:24 AM
Why do womyn in a group sound like hens clucking when they are laughing? Has anyone ever figured that out?

No but I know that if I’m wrong about religion and the existence of Hell. My Hell will be an eternity stuck in the middle of a Hen Party without any possible way of leaving

HCZ
08-03-2018, 11:39 AM
http://pbfcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/PBF275-The_Offenders.png

Letters
08-03-2018, 11:44 AM
And now you're not even allowed to hate blacks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-43328566

:rolleyes:

Political correctness gone mad, I tells you

Letters
08-03-2018, 01:06 PM
Oh good. A blog from the aforementioned FB friend

https://www.civilsociety.co.uk/voices/lizzi-hollis-butcher-international-women-s-day-is-an-opportunity-to-sign-a-light-on-our-sector.html

(Note the double-barrelled surname, she didn't change her name, just added her husband's. quite surprised he didn't do the same)

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 01:09 PM
Oh good. A blog from the aforementioned FB friend

https://www.civilsociety.co.uk/voices/lizzi-hollis-butcher-international-women-s-day-is-an-opportunity-to-sign-a-light-on-our-sector.html

(Note the double-barrelled surname, she didn't change her name, just added her husband's. quite surprised he didn't do the same)

Why would he add his name again? John Butcher Butcher?

Djemba Djemba :bow:

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 01:12 PM
Absolute shocker though.

4% of charities don't have a woman on the board. Meaning only 96% do.

Now I wonder if there are any boards with no men on them? And what might that percentage be? Anyone willing to bet against it being higher than 4%

The point I'm trying to make is this. We need to get all men off charity boards pronto.

HCZ
08-03-2018, 01:17 PM
Absolute shocker though.

4% of charities don't have a woman on the board. Meaning only 96% do.

Now I wonder if there are any boards with no men on them? And what might that percentage be? Anyone willing to bet against it being higher than 4%

The point I'm trying to make is this. We need to get all men off charity boards pronto.

Considering most charities are racketeering organisations in all but name maybe we should just have less charity boards

Letters
08-03-2018, 01:22 PM
Why would he add his name again? John Butcher Butcher?

Djemba Djemba :bow:

You know what I mean :p

Goonermerree
08-03-2018, 01:27 PM
All men should be drowned at birth, then we wouldn't need to have these debates!

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 01:48 PM
Considering most charities are racketeering organisations in all but name maybe we should just have less charity boards

That's genius really. Shut down all charities and the true gender equality is not only achieved instantly but it becomes a self regulating system that will always be in balance.

Why has nobody thought of this?

Not to mention the added bonus of charitable donations ending up with the intended recipients.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 01:50 PM

And, of course, it's "fewer"

Niall_Quinn
You know what I mean :p

How do you know?

Letters
Just had this email:

"A presentation of our report on gender pay gap is taking place today"

:lol:

Looking forward to that.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 01:52 PM
Lizzy Butcher-Twatface

You work in a charity, how about concentrating your efforts to making sure the intended beneficiaries are taken care of instead of musing on representation.

Women’s charity? What does it do. Domestic abuse and shit?

If I was married to that, I’d be more inclined to beat myself than her

Well you'd have to once you were married. Or get something on the side.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Just had this email:

Looking forward to that.

Do womyn actually do anything these days, other than campaign for social justice? I doubt it, seeing as there are only 24 hours in a day.

HCZ
08-03-2018, 02:00 PM
Just had this email:

Looking forward to that.

There’s two possible conclusion from Said presentation

There’s no evidence of a wage gap that is explained purely by gender and this whole exercise has been a waste of everyone’s time

Or

Lies

Letters
08-03-2018, 02:15 PM
I don't know how they're measuring this but it's always said that women are being paid less for doing the same job.
What's your take?

HCZ
08-03-2018, 02:20 PM
I don't know how they're measuring this but it's always said that women are being paid less for doing the same job.
What's your take?

They aren’t

And any study that suggests that doesn’t factor in workload, hours worked (women more likely to work less hours and less inclined to work overtime).

If you have two people in a standard job working the exact same hours one is a man one is a woman they will both earn the same amount.

Men are more likely to seek promotion, pay rises and less likely to take career breaks

So take away the fact that to begin with you’re comparing apples and oranges. There is no wage gap that can be explained by gender

This isn’t a matter of opinion

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Fewer

Letters
08-03-2018, 02:22 PM
Fewer

:gp:

Get it right, HCZ. You've been told twice. Next time and I'm going to have to think about banning you.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 02:31 PM
No, I meant I wanted him to post less.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 02:33 PM
What's your take?

They measure it by reaching up and pulling stuff out of their arse. Then they find a journo, buy himher a few drinks, whip their knickers off and they are published by the morning.

Letters
08-03-2018, 02:43 PM
Went to get my regulation tea and cake (bit early, but have a meeting at 3 when I usually go).
Perfectly able bodied lady waited a full 2 minutes for a lift in the basement where our canteen is and then pressed the "Ground" button to take her 1 floor.
Silly bint.
Maybe as it's International Women's Day she expected to be carried.

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 02:45 PM
Went to get my regulation tea and cake (bit early, but have a meeting at 3 when I usually go).
Perfectly able bodied lady waited a full 2 minutes for a lift in the basement where our canteen is and then pressed the "Ground" button to take her 1 floor.
Silly bint.
Maybe as it's International Women's Day she expected to be carried.

So you stood around for 2 minutes watching her waiting for the lift?

Perv, tbf.

HCZ
08-03-2018, 03:14 PM
Fuck all of yous

Nothing to do with you criticising my diction

Just thought I’d put it out there

LDG
08-03-2018, 05:09 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-43329958

"International Wymin's Day In Pictures"

Note. They're all fat.

HCZ
08-03-2018, 05:18 PM

Note. They're all fat.

I didn’t need you to point that out

I didn’t need to look at the pictures to know that would be the case

LDG
08-03-2018, 05:25 PM
I didn’t need you to point that out

I didn’t need to look at the pictures to know that would be the case

Without looking, I bet you can name two more visual characteristics of the wymin in that gallery.

LDG
Record in Italy under l’ouisseau

4 wins 3 Draws 4 defeats

Fiorentina 0-0 Arsenal
Lazio 1-1 Arsenal
Juventus 1-0 Arsenal
Roma 1-3 Arsenal
Internazionale 1-5 Arsenal
Juventus 0-0 Arsenal
Milan 0-2 Arsenal
Roma 1-0 Arsenal
Udinese 1-2 Arsenal
Milan 4-0 Arsenal
Napoli 2-0 Arsenal

Fucks that got to do with it.

HCZ
Fucks that got to do with it.

Wrong thread

Niall_Quinn
08-03-2018, 05:53 PM

Note. They're all fat.

At least the first lot had the decency to wears masks.

Cripps
08-03-2018, 11:16 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-43330398

:doh:

Cripps
08-03-2018, 11:21 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/they-need-die-nationwide-call-12150366

NQ :doh:

Letters
09-03-2018, 12:30 PM
Please tell me this is going to be broadcast live

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43345209

I'd watch the shizzle out of that.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2018, 12:49 PM
I thought Trump had plunged the world into a nuclear holocaust with all his stupid talk and refusal to bow and scrape Uncle Tom style?

Or did none of that happen and we just move on?

I thought Trump was supposed to be wrong about everything. And yet?

Where are the Russians, are they out from under the bed yet?

Isn't is simply stunning how incompetent and deceitful the legacy media is, BBC being one of the very worst examples. They'll try to palm this off now as a South Korean initiative, despite having to admit it will be US delegates who finally sit down and talk.

It's remarkable how so many people continue to read the BBC. For what purpose? It's hard to imagine.

GP
09-03-2018, 12:59 PM
I agree, Trump an incompetent, paedophile rapist.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2018, 01:05 PM
I agree, Trump an incompetent, paedophile rapist.

You're not even a convincing troll.

Letters
09-03-2018, 01:10 PM
People should still to more reliable, balanced sources like Breitbart and tinfoilhat.com

GP
09-03-2018, 01:17 PM
You're not even a convincing troll.

Since when is accurately describing a person considered trolling?

Letters
09-03-2018, 01:32 PM
I thought Trump had plunged the world into a nuclear holocaust with all his stupid talk and refusal to bow and scrape Uncle Tom style?

No, you were right all along. The thing that pretty much no-one everyone but you thought would happen didn't happen.

HCZ
09-03-2018, 02:07 PM

I thought Trump was supposed to be wrong about everything. And yet?

Where are the Russians, are they out from under the bed yet?

Isn't is simply stunning how incompetent and deceitful the legacy media is, BBC being one of the very worst examples. They'll try to palm this off now as a South Korean initiative, despite having to admit it will be US delegates who finally sit down and talk.

It's remarkable how so many people continue to read the BBC. For what purpose? It's hard to imagine.

It’s about as convincing as believing Trumps tweets had anything to do with Kim Jong Uns sudden desire to talk

And just to clarify I’m not saying you do believe that

This hive mind legacy media you keep talking about is interested in one thing only sensationalism. Trump says what he says for attention a insatiable desire for it, it’s been that way with him for almost fourty years.

And the media sells papers and wins Neilson ratings contests by reporting on that

Trump could have said he will bomb Pyongyang at a designated date and time, I wouldn’t have batted an eyelid.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2018, 02:31 PM
People should still to more reliable, balanced sources like Breitbart and tinfoilhat.com

And that would excuse the BBC, would it?

Long record of you pitching up, spouting legacy media bullshit and then stuffing it down the memory hole. And you'll do it again, tomorrow and the day after.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2018, 02:32 PM
No, you were right all along. The thing that pretty much no-one everyone but you thought would happen didn't happen.

I was exaggerating to try to capture the general hysteria of you leftie lunatics.

Letters
09-03-2018, 02:35 PM
I was exaggerating to try to capture the general hysteria of you leftie lunatics.

Yes. We were all hiding under our beds.
Or laughing at the silly posturing by both of them acting like two toddlers.
One of those.

Long record of you dismissing things but not providing any basis for alternative views.
You act as if you reading different things and parroting different sources (which you rarely if ever cite) makes you an independent thinker.
It really doesn't.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2018, 02:39 PM
It’s about as convincing as believing Trumps tweets had anything to do with Kim Jong Uns sudden desire to talk

And just to clarify I’m not saying you do believe that

This hive mind legacy media you keep talking about is interested in one thing only sensationalism. Trump says what he says for attention a insatiable desire for it, it’s been that way with him for almost fourty years.

And the media sells papers and wins Neilson ratings contests by reporting on that

Trump could have said he will bomb Pyongyang at a designated date and time, I wouldn’t have batted an eyelid.

Exactly!

But try telling the "pros" at the BBC that. Or the loons at CNN or the hammer and sickle mob down at the Guardian.

The legacy media is a lost cause and isn't going to change between now and its expiration. Unfortunately, that's going to take a while yet and that's because of the main reason that I'm intrigued by the whole question of western media.

We know that media sources in (politically speaking) shitholes like China and Russia are quite obviously manipulated and serve as nothing much more than propaganda outlets. They do the usual thing, 90% accuracy on trivia, then slip in the blatant lies and trade of the high accuracy rating to gain unwarranted authority. But, most importantly, exclude whatever has not been approved for public consumption. Apply spin and job done. We all know what those media sources are about.

But in the west so many people think their own media sources aren't exactly the same. That's fascinating because over the last year in particular the mainstream media has let all pretence drop yet people, like Letters for example, still don't see it. It reminds me a lot of the delusional condition Wenger wanders around in. And okay, so everyone gets fooled once, twice, three time maybe more. But EVERY time? WTF?

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2018, 02:41 PM
One of those.

Long record of you dismissing things but not providing any basis for alternative views.
You act as if you reading different things and parroting different sources (which you rarely if ever cite) makes you an independent thinker.
It really doesn't.

You see, you said it right there. You are such a mind slave you think I'm supposed to be providing links to validate my own fucking opinion! It's hilarious. You behave as if you are artificially intelligent rather than actually intelligent.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2018, 02:42 PM
One of those.

It really doesn't.

Okay here's a very simple test. Which I'm certain you are going to fail.

Question: Did Trump collude with the Russians to win the 2016 election?

GP
09-03-2018, 02:53 PM

Of course he didn't. That's as absurd as saying Hillary killed Seth Rich.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2018, 02:57 PM

Of course he didn't. That's as absurd as saying Hillary killed Seth Rich.

Nobody knows what you believe one way or the other, except when it comes to motor sports and computer gaming.

HCZ
09-03-2018, 03:06 PM

No but the Russian state still interfered on his behalf

Who knows how connected the people Donald Dimwit Jnr, knowing him they were more likely tied up with cirque de soleil

Manafort, Flynn and Beauregard all met with the Russians at some point as well, and perjured themselves over it

Were these meetings about the election? Actually No probably not (although possibly so in Manafort’s case)

The reason the issue arose in the first place is because Trump doesn’t do due diligence with the people he worked with, and more than likely he himself tried to arrange meetings with the Russians prior to the election however this was about furthering business interests inside Russia because the assumption was that he’d lose.

Trump nor any of the people around him are genius schemers, in his case he’s just an actor playing a successful business man and someone who is just an amalgamation of bad character traits.

Letters
09-03-2018, 03:50 PM
You see, you said it right there. You are such a mind slave you think I'm supposed to be providing links to validate my own fucking opinion! It's hilarious. You behave as if you are artificially intelligent rather than actually intelligent.
You don't believe in climate change (not a topic I want to re-open, this is just an example).
OK, that's fine.
But are you a climate researcher? No. No you're not. Do you have a degree in a relevant field? Highly unlikely.
So don't pretend that your opinion on this matter is entirely self-derived. Maybe it is in which case you're an idiot, frankly.

For most people their opinion about this, and opinions about other things, are based on something.
Things they've seen or read, people they've spoken to.
So asking you what you're basing your opinions on is not unreasonable.
If you claim something then provide some evidence. What is the claim based on? Otherwise it's just us both claiming stuff with no basis, it becomes little more than "is", "isn't", "is", "isn't".
If the claim is verifiable of course, if it's something which is just a matter of opinion then yours is as good as mine.

The honest answer to your question is I don't know. Your honest answer would have to be the same. Again, we don't really know for sure.
My opinion is probably not. Or not directly. Some people in his team seem to have had some links to Russia, how far that went and how much influence that really had we will most likely never know for sure.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2018, 03:54 PM
No but the Russian state still interfered on his behalf

Who knows how connected the people Donald Dimwit Jnr, knowing him they were more likely tied up with cirque de soleil

Manafort, Flynn and Beauregard all met with the Russians at some point as well, and perjured themselves over it

Were these meetings about the election? Actually No probably not (although possibly so in Manafort’s case)

The reason the issue arose in the first place is because Trump doesn’t do due diligence with the people he worked with, and more than likely he himself tried to arrange meetings with the Russians prior to the election however this was about furthering business interests inside Russia because the assumption was that he’d lose.

Trump nor any of the people around him are genius schemers, in his case he’s just an actor playing a successful business man and someone who is just an amalgamation of bad character traits.

This simply isn't supported by the facts that are now in the public domain. The Russians, as they always do, tried to interfere with the election process and had precisely no success. That's what the pile of paper now available in the public domain documents in detail. We know when, how, how much, for who. Trump, Saunders, Stein, AND Clinton. These are the people the Russian tried to hinder in some cases and help in others, with the general intent to be disruption.

The resources allocated to do this were minuscule compared to the expenditure of the main campaigns. And all official sources who have access to the pertinent facts and documentation confirm that the Russian effort had no effect whatsoever (other than to trick that fat commie whale Michael Moore into attending a Russian sponsored anti-Trump demo).

Rosenstein confirmed all this just the other day, in front of the cameras.

What you are actually keying in on the the net effect of the constantly dripping legacy media fake news that you have willingly or inadvertently consumed for over a year now.

As for Trump, as a marketing man he's the exact opposite of stupid. He's played the entire mainstream establishment like a fiddle and beaten then at every step. This is why he's hated, this is part of the reason why the establishment has launched this fake news blizzard and kangaroo court against him.

The establishment has an agenda and that agenda absolutely required Clinton to be in the Whitehouse today. She is corrupt enough to be relied on to cover for the complacency that crept in during the criminal activities of prior administrations. They don't love Clinton, they just know she can be relied upon to do the most corrupt thing.

Ironically it was the Russians who had most favourable dealings with the Clintons and their criminal foundation. This is all public record too.

What has happened over the last year is the legacy media has delivered pretty much precisely the reverse of the truth. Scratch the surface and it's easy to determine this for yourself. Very easy in fact, wouldn't take more than a day of reading.

Which is why the legacy media remains dangerous. It does that reading for people, but then changes the story.

Niall_Quinn
09-03-2018, 04:06 PM
You don't believe in climate change (not a topic I want to re-open, this is just an example).
OK, that's fine.
But are you a climate researcher? No. No you're not. Do you have a degree in a relevant field? Highly unlikely.
So don't pretend that your opinion on this matter is entirely self-derived. Maybe it is in which case you're an idiot, frankly.

For most people their opinion about this, and opinions about other things, are based on something.
Things they've seen or read, people they've spoken to.
So asking you what you're basing your opinions on is not unreasonable.
If you claim something then provide some evidence. What is the claim based on? Otherwise it's just us both claiming stuff with no basis, it becomes little more than "is", "isn't", "is", "isn't".
If the claim is verifiable of course, if it's something which is just a matter of opinion then yours is as good as mine.

The honest answer to your question is I don't know. Your honest answer would have to be the same. Again, we don't really know for sure.
My opinion is probably not. Or not directly. Some people in his team seem to have had some links to Russia, how far that went and how much influence that really had we will most likely never know for sure.

30 years of political study is my answer. I have worked with them, worked against them and observed them at every turn. And intelligence. Not generational leading intelligence, but enough to be able to sift lies from truth based upon the vast pattern of evidence and facts that are all just out there to be plucked off the ground. And, so important, memory. Because without it you can't correlate one event to the next, you can't see the patterns.

How does a mechanic know how to diagnose an engine just by listening to it? How do you know what your wife is thinking when she makes an otherwise indecipherable gesture? Exposure, experience, practical application, memory, pattern recognition. All the tools of any trade.

And no, the climate charlatans are not experts. They are educated and corrupt. That doesn't automatically make them experts. Experts are people that have an expertise in some field. You'll find most of these climate scientists are educated pen pushers, which is why their data is wrong - ALL THE TIME. Of course it is. The earth and the cosmos don't adjust themselves around bogus, grant motivated junk science. Anyway, happily the climate scam is dying off as the globalists realise they have bigger things to worry about than their cherished global tax.

And I have provided plenty of links in the past, for what it's worth. Those Trump sex scandal links that annihilated the fake story you were running with for example. It's a waste of time. Because once one crackpot mainstream conspiracy theory is knocked down the lunatics just move onto the next. Which is why they are so inept. They don't reflect, learn, perfect. They just throw as much shit as they can and hope the public has its mouth wide open.

Cripps
09-03-2018, 04:45 PM
What on earth are you lot blabbing on about now?

GP
10-03-2018, 08:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BEvh6HSQc0&feature=youtu.be

Cripps
11-03-2018, 12:24 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/edl-founder-tommy-robinson-attacked-12167120

:lol: best news of the weekend tbh

GP
11-03-2018, 03:01 PM
Right wing thugs like Robinson are so violent. They should all be stabbed to death.

Niall_Quinn
11-03-2018, 03:24 PM
Scummy cowards, attacking in packs. It's what lefty feminist emasculated marxist masked heroes do.

Cripps
11-03-2018, 03:30 PM
Scummy cowards, attacking in packs. It's what lefty feminist emasculated marxist masked heroes do.

:pal:

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2018, 01:48 AM
The UK is now officially the most mentally deranged nation on the planet, having swept to the top of the bonkers charts with a great effort from Waitrose. The batshit crazy grocery chain celebrated "Mothers" Day by releasing it's new range of insane, retarded gender neutral cards titled "Happy You Day". Unfortunately they undid all their good work by forgetting to take the discriminatory cards referring to "mothers" off the shelves. Shame.

It's going to have to end in extreme and decisive violence I'm afraid. They aren't giving sane people any other choice.

Letters
12-03-2018, 07:29 AM
Ken Dodd :rose:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43367267

HCZ
12-03-2018, 08:26 AM
Ken Dodd :rose:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43367267

He was an inspiration to many

That a man who wasn’t in the least bit funny and had no discernible talent of any kind could have such a long career

It gives us all hope

Letters
12-03-2018, 09:24 AM
...not a fan?

LDG
12-03-2018, 09:44 AM
I have to say, he was not funny at all.

Monday :(

Letters
12-03-2018, 09:57 AM
Monday :(
Agreed.

GP
12-03-2018, 10:04 AM
Monday :lol:

Awful

HCZ
12-03-2018, 11:24 AM
...not a fan?

Nice guy just wasn’t funny

Letters
12-03-2018, 01:04 PM
Nice guy just wasn’t funny

You understand that
1) Humour is subjective and
2) He had a successful 60+ year career as a comedian on stage and screen?

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2018, 01:13 PM
Do you punch your irritating relative in the face when they turn up? Or do you pretend to like them?

That's Dodd's career.

Letters
12-03-2018, 01:17 PM
Do you punch your irritating relative in the face when they turn up? Or do you pretend to like them?

That's Dodd's career.

I don't pay £40 to go and see them do the parlour tricks which I don't enjoy.
He was...of his time.

HCZ
12-03-2018, 01:25 PM
You understand that
1) Humour is subjective and
2) He had a successful 60+ year career as a comedian on stage and screen?

1) yes but you can still judge someone’s talents by objective standards
2) this applies to many untalented individuals.

Letters
12-03-2018, 01:29 PM
What objective standards? Surely the successful career is an objective measure?
What else is there?
His job was to make people laugh.
People paid to go and see him. He made them laugh.

Niall_Quinn
12-03-2018, 01:31 PM
You are now in the unique position of defending both Ken Dodd's and Wenger's career.

You need urgent medical help.

Letters
12-03-2018, 01:32 PM

Dodd :bow:

HCZ
12-03-2018, 01:32 PM
What objective standards? Surely the successful career is an objective measure?
What else is there?
His job was to make people laugh.
People paid to go and see him. He made them laugh.

That’s the criteria for being successful

Of that there is no argument

But Tom Green being popular for a while doesn’t make him talented

Letters
12-03-2018, 01:38 PM
How does one objectively measure "talent"?

HCZ
12-03-2018, 01:42 PM
How does one objectively measure "talent"?

By comparison generally

Compare Dodd to any other comedian around at the time who in terms of sophistication of humour outshone him in every way

Talented comedians change and evolve the medium of comedy. Dodd was effectively a theatre hall vaudevillian, very light hearted and inoffensive but basically bland

Letters
12-03-2018, 01:45 PM
Dodd was effectively a theatre hall vaudevillian, very light hearted and inoffensive but basically bland

OK. I don't disagree with that. But you could say the same about Ronnie Barker. He never did "edgy" stuff, he was of his time as was Dodd.
People found him entertaining although I'll admit I did go and see him one time (shut it) and I...lowered the average age somewhat.

HCZ
12-03-2018, 01:55 PM
OK. I don't disagree with that. But you could say the same about Ronnie Barker. He never did "edgy" stuff, he was of his time as was Dodd.
People found him entertaining although I'll admit I did go and see him one time (shut it) and I...lowered the average age somewhat.

Barker was one of the most talented comedy actors there was.

That and as the writer of the two Ronnie sketches I think he did very much evolve comedy

Some of the sketches are not only funny but incredibly original for their time as well

Letters
12-03-2018, 02:18 PM
Barker was probably a bad comparison. I think Dodd was just of his time. People found him entertaining enough back in the day. Like Wenger.
In brief:
Baker > Dodd.

But still Dodd :bow:
:rose:

Letters
12-03-2018, 03:59 PM
"[Dodd was] an icon, a one-off and a true professor of comedy"
-Russ Abbot

Doesn't get much higher praise than that :cool:

LDG
12-03-2018, 08:13 PM
Dodd in!

Xhaka Can’t
12-03-2018, 11:18 PM
He was no Pat Lampard.

Goonermerree
13-03-2018, 06:51 AM
By comparison generally

Compare Dodd to any other comedian around at the time who in terms of sophistication of humour outshone him in every way

Talented comedians change and evolve the medium of comedy. Dodd was effectively a theatre hall vaudevillian, very light hearted and inoffensive but basically bland

He was a light entertainer, family viewing and all that, the Diddy Men were meant to appeal to kids, there's still a place for family entertainment now.

Xhaka Can’t
13-03-2018, 07:36 AM
He was a light entertainer, family viewing and all that, the Diddy Men were meant to appeal to kids, there's still a place for family entertainment now.

Yes.

In prison.

GP
13-03-2018, 09:09 AM
He once ticked me with his tickle stick :(

GP
13-03-2018, 09:44 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/gallery/2018/mar/13/menswear-picks-get-off-to-a-flying-start-with-your-holiday-wardrobe-in-pictures

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2018, 10:44 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/gallery/2018/mar/13/menswear-picks-get-off-to-a-flying-start-with-your-holiday-wardrobe-in-pictures

:haha: :haha: :haha:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Ryanair - awful airline

Marc Overmars
13-03-2018, 10:52 AM

Bellerin’s stylist?

GP
13-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Bellerin’s stylist?

https://i.imgur.com/JtfJbHr.jpg

Letters
13-03-2018, 11:15 AM
Dignity :rose:

Cripps
13-03-2018, 12:04 PM
Charlie :haha:

GP
13-03-2018, 12:30 PM
Dignity :rose:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PcsFfGSlo7Y/TlbOYr2llkI/AAAAAAAAB0Q/LgSpT2qJsKo/s1600/milhousedivided.jpg

KSE Comedy Club
13-03-2018, 02:56 PM
He once ticked me with his tickle stick :(

There are helplines and stuff for you to speak to

Abuse is so widespread these days

Letters
13-03-2018, 03:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

Cripps
13-03-2018, 04:35 PM
Outrage as Ugandan MP says 'beat your wife' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-43372304

Uganda :bow:

HCZ
13-03-2018, 04:42 PM
Outrage as Ugandan MP says 'beat your wife' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-43372304

Uganda :bow:

I’m fairly sure Sean Connery once said something similar

Of course it sounded better when he said it in his Scottish brogue

Letters
13-03-2018, 05:10 PM
Africans :lol:

They eat their young, you know.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2018, 05:31 PM

Better than what Western politicians, judges and celebs do to their young, I suppose.

Cripps
13-03-2018, 06:49 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/13/london-central-mosque-given-grade-ii-listed-status-historic-england

NQ :haha: :console:

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2018, 08:10 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/13/london-central-mosque-given-grade-ii-listed-status-historic-england

NQ :haha: :console:

...or Muslims for that matter. The Africans kind of look okay by comparison.

GP
13-03-2018, 08:23 PM

Also notorious bum drillers.

Niall_Quinn
13-03-2018, 08:30 PM
Also notorious bum drillers.

But they have great newspapers.

Cripps
13-03-2018, 08:41 PM
...or Muslims for that matter. The Africans kind of look okay by comparison.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2018, 12:47 AM
Bad news guys. You're all officially fags. A new study has confirmed it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5497267/No-one-100-straight-Study-says-sexuality-spectrum.html

There are no heteros anymore, just pervs who love a bit of arse as much as they crave gash.

That vomit that wells up when you see two queers touching each other up in public, that's a sexual response which you've probably been mistaking all your life as sheer disgust and revulsion. And if you don't agree with that then you are sexually insecure - which kind of proves you're a fag.

Science :bow:

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2018, 12:50 AM
Let's get started then...

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/article_small/public/thumbnails/image/2017/12/27/13/olivier-giroud-a.jpg

:whacky:

HCZ
14-03-2018, 06:03 AM
Stephen Hawking RIP

Remarkable that he lived as long as he did

Globalgunner
14-03-2018, 06:21 AM
Stephen Hawking RIP

Remarkable that he lived as long as he did

He got tired of waiting for Wenger to Fuck off.

Big bang Theory are going to need a whole lot of new script lines.

Letters
14-03-2018, 07:42 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfcC6FYyL4U

Cripps
14-03-2018, 10:29 AM
He got tired of waiting for Wenger to Fuck off.

Big bang Theory are going to need a whole lot of new script lines.

:haha:

Xhaka Can’t
14-03-2018, 10:54 AM
Bad news guys. You're all officially fags. A new study has confirmed it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5497267/No-one-100-straight-Study-says-sexuality-spectrum.html

There are no heteros anymore, just pervs who love a bit of arse as much as they crave gash.

That vomit that wells up when you see two queers touching each other up in public, that's a sexual response which you've probably been mistaking all your life as sheer disgust and revulsion. And if you don't agree with that then you are sexually insecure - which kind of proves you're a fag.

Science :bow:

How you doin!

GP
14-03-2018, 11:49 AM
We should have a new force called the Space Force. It’s like the Army and the Navy, but for space, because we’re spending a lot of money on space.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2018, 12:24 PM
How you doin!

Just chillin.

So, do you come here often?

Cripps
14-03-2018, 01:20 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/14/facebook-bans-britain-first-and-its-leaders

Facebook :bow:

NQ :haha:

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2018, 02:04 PM
Facebook has been busy censoring all wrongspeak and wrongthought for a while now. So has Twitter and the champs of censorship down at Google. They can't win the argument so their next best option is to pretend the argument isn't happening.

Non-soy techies are busy at work on alternatives that can't be censored (not even by ISPs). Then the left will have to speak up on real issues or become permanently irrelevant. Making up new genders and sowing racism and sexism and every other form of division just won't cut it any more.

Facebook will also be realising its own "news" service soon :haha:

With "10 selected partners". I'll bet.

Facebook and Twitter are rotting out from the inside and it's not reversible unless there's a fundament shift in philosophy from the handlers with their arms up the likes of Gutterberg's arsehole. That's not happening, so permanent irrelevancy it is then.

Cripps
14-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Facebook has been busy censoring all wrongspeak and wrongthought for a while now. So has Twitter and the champs of censorship down at Google. They can't win the argument so their next best option is to pretend the argument isn't happening.

Non-soy techies are busy at work on alternatives that can't be censored (not even by ISPs). Then the left will have to speak up on real issues or become permanently irrelevant. Making up new genders and sowing racism and sexism and every other form of division just won't cut it any more.

Facebook will also be realising its own "news" service soon :haha:

With "10 selected partners". I'll bet.

Facebook and Twitter are rotting out from the inside and it's not reversible unless there's a fundament shift in philosophy from the handlers with their arms up the likes of Gutterberg's arsehole. That's not happening, so permanent irrelevancy it is then.

:console:

Letters
14-03-2018, 02:13 PM
If you have anyone with extreme views you want it out in the open
That's why I haven't banned NQ, tbh.

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2018, 02:21 PM
That's why I haven't banned NQ, tbh.

Pants on fire.

John already told me you can't work the admin tools.

Letters
14-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Pants on fire.

John already told me you can't work the admin tools.

:lol: That is much truer than you realise

Letters
14-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Also. Jim Bowen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43403178

Niall_Quinn
14-03-2018, 02:45 PM
Ramsey's on fire!

HCZ
14-03-2018, 02:59 PM
Ramsey's on fire!

He only scored once recently

Maybe this is back dated payout for his hat trick in February?

Letters
14-03-2018, 03:18 PM
Maybe away goals in Europe count double?

GP
14-03-2018, 06:26 PM
St Peter to Jim Bowen:

"Have a look at where you could have gone"

Xhaka Can’t
14-03-2018, 09:52 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NaxOUccnnVw

GP
15-03-2018, 11:49 AM
Ugh, white people, am I right?

Letters
15-03-2018, 12:19 PM
Meetings :ilt:

Cripps
16-03-2018, 02:36 PM
http://dailym.ai/2GBIw8c

Tommy Robinson and Paul Golding in 1 week :haha: :haha: :bow:

NQ :haha: :haha:

Marc Overmars
16-03-2018, 03:05 PM
Britain First. :haha:

Hope Golding and Fransen are both killed in prison.

Cripps
16-03-2018, 03:08 PM

GP
16-03-2018, 03:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Heybq1s79Y

Niall_Quinn
16-03-2018, 05:15 PM
Amazing how much determination people can muster to shut down individuals that have close on zero influence. And yet, the real troublemakers get full access to every platform and people actually go and endorse them with a vote. Arse about face and self defeating. Silencing and jailing mini fascists so major fascists can have the stage to themselves. And then virtue signalling their own gullibility.

Cripps
16-03-2018, 06:31 PM
Amazing how much determination people can muster to shut down individuals that have close on zero influence. And yet, the real troublemakers get full access to every platform and people actually go and endorse them with a vote. Arse about face and self defeating. Silencing and jailing mini fascists so major fascists can have the stage to themselves. And then virtue signalling their own gullibility.

:pal:

Cripps
17-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Was watching 24 hours in police custody and came across HCZ :lol:

https://bedspolice.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/24pc-0112.jpg?w=300&h=200

GP
17-03-2018, 10:57 PM
Things that definitely happened, part 1:

https://i.redd.it/o19fs7l1hbm01.jpg

Niall_Quinn
17-03-2018, 10:59 PM
Things that definitely happened, part 1:

https://i.redd.it/o19fs7l1hbm01.jpg

She must be a spastic to laugh at that fag arsebanging fuckbandit.

Cripps
18-03-2018, 10:10 AM
A 2nd referendum being discussed on The Big Questions

Makes sense tbh :bow:

GP
18-03-2018, 10:51 AM
It's the only thing that makes sense. A Brexit as promised by the Leave campaign is undeliverable.

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2018, 11:08 AM
Yep. In a democracy, ignoring the result is about the only thing that really makes sense. That's why it has been the EU's favoured strategy from day one.

Cripps
18-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Tbf, the way things are going, we won't need a 2nd referendum as things will pretty much be unchanged:shrug:

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2018, 11:34 AM
Tbf, the way things are going, we won't need a 2nd referendum as things will pretty much be unchanged:shrug:

That's how it panned out everywhere else.

It's all the proof anyone could ever need that this EU has no interest whatsoever in the voice of the people. Never did, never will have. By it's nature it never can.

Once we figure out we can (and should) have extensive ties with as many nations as possible but minus the authoritarian bureaucracy we'll have some genuine progress. Have to get rid of the authoritarians first though, or nothing can change.

Cripps
18-03-2018, 12:43 PM
Once this government has screwed everything up, it's all set for one man to take over :bow:

https://e3.365dm.com/17/09/992x558/skynews-jeremy-corbyn-labour-conference_4112130.jpg?bypass-service-worker&20170927125935

Goonermerree
18-03-2018, 01:12 PM
That's how it panned out everywhere else.

It's all the proof anyone could ever need that this EU has no interest whatsoever in the voice of the people. Never did, never will have. By it's nature it never can.

Once we figure out we can (and should) have extensive ties with as many nations as possible but minus the authoritarian bureaucracy we'll have some genuine progress. Have to get rid of the authoritarians first though, or nothing can change.

I agree with you there, the EU has little interest in democracy Some guy was made vice president of something, was sworn in and then made President.

Cripps
18-03-2018, 04:02 PM
Gravesend nightclub: 13 people hurt as car drives into club - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-43446359

Wondered where HCZ had go to over the weekend :lol:

Letters
18-03-2018, 04:31 PM
It's the only thing that makes sense. A Brexit as promised by the Leave campaign is undeliverable.

I don't even remember anything being promised apart from the £350m a week for the NHS which was an obvious lie.
This is the problem, it wasn't a vote for anything, it was a vote against something.
And no-one knows what a post Brexit UK looks like. Even know we have no real idea.
The Remainers won't be happy because we're out of the EU. The Leavers won't be happy because that won't quite look how they imagined.

Democracy :bow:

In other news: STOP SNOWING!

McNamara That Ghost...
18-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Hmmm am I a bastard for thinking of not participating in this given Easter Eggs thing from work to vulnerable children.

I'm just not thinking a bucketload of chocolate is the best idea/thing for them.

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2018, 06:02 PM
Hmmm am I a bastard for thinking of not participating in this given Easter Eggs thing from work to vulnerable children.

I'm just not thinking a bucketload of chocolate is the best idea/thing for them.

Give your money to Bono's charity instead. He guarantees that up to 1% of your donation will go to charitable causes.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-03-2018, 06:05 PM
Will it stop him being involved in music? Might consider it.

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2018, 06:34 PM
Will it stop him being involved in music? Might consider it.

No. You get a forced download of his latest album into your iTunes account for every donation.

Same if you don't make a donation.

Goonermerree
18-03-2018, 06:56 PM
I don't even remember anything being promised apart from the £350m a week for the NHS which was an obvious lie.
This is the problem, it wasn't a vote for anything, it was a vote against something.
And no-one knows what a post Brexit UK looks like. Even know we have no real idea.
The Remainers won't be happy because we're out of the EU. The Leavers won't be happy because that won't quite look how they imagined.

Oh, do shut up

GP
18-03-2018, 07:18 PM

You say it was an obvious lie, but a shit load of people believed it.

There were a lot of things promised by leave. An increase in trade, a reduction of brown people, none of which will happen.

It's a busted flush. Needs to be cancelled.

Letters
18-03-2018, 07:34 PM
Oh, do shut up

Great counter-argument :good:

Goonermerree
18-03-2018, 07:36 PM
Great counter-argument :good:

Your counter-argument was to call me a pervert on another topic, so do one.

McNamara That Ghost...
18-03-2018, 07:37 PM
No. You get a forced download of his latest album into your iTunes account for every donation.

Same if you don't make a donation.

I don't use iTunes. :scarf:

Letters
18-03-2018, 07:39 PM
You say it was an obvious lie, but a shit load of people believed it.

There were a lot of things promised by leave. An increase in trade, a reduction of brown people, none of which will happen.

It's a busted flush. Needs to be cancelled.

"They always say we should ask the average person. Do you have any idea how stupid the average person is? We have labels on bleach telling you not to drink it. Take those labels off for two years, then let's have a referendum"
- Ricky Gervais (somewhat paraphrased but that was the gist of it, from his Humanity tour)

It would be interested to know what would happen if there was another referendum. The result could well go the other way which makes a nonsense of all the "you lost, get over it, the people have spoken" bullshit.
Personally although I think leaving is a mistake I don't think the sky will fall in and I honestly don't want to go through all that again. A referendum on any proposed deal with the EU would make more sense as none was on the table at the time of the first referendum. But what if "the people" reject that? Then where do we go.
I think we're just going to have to let them get on with it now. Lucky we have such a competent team dealing with it.
:ilt:

Letters
18-03-2018, 07:40 PM
Your counter-argument was to call me a pervert on another topic, so do one.

:blink:

What are you even talking about? Which thread?

GP
18-03-2018, 07:53 PM
"They always say we should ask the average person. Do you have any idea how stupid the average person is? We have labels on bleach telling you not to drink it. Take those labels off for two years, then let's have a referendum"
- Ricky Gervais (somewhat paraphrased but that was the gist of it, from his Humanity tour)

It would be interested to know what would happen if there was another referendum. The result could well go the other way which makes a nonsense of all the "you lost, get over it, the people have spoken" bullshit.
Personally although I think leaving is a mistake I don't think the sky will fall in and I honestly don't want to go through all that again. A referendum on any proposed deal with the EU would make more sense as none was on the table at the time of the first referendum. But what if "the people" reject that? Then where do we go.
I think we're just going to have to let them get on with it now. Lucky we have such a competent team dealing with it.
:ilt:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/mar/18/uk-appears-to-abandon-bid-for-immediate-return-of-fisheries-control-after-brexit-michael-gove?CMP=twt_gu

Oh look, another lie revealed.

We don't have to let them get on with it, it needs to be stopped.

Letters
18-03-2018, 08:24 PM
https://youtu.be/FYFy8Tp2Log

:blink:

Cripps
18-03-2018, 08:30 PM
Brexit :haha:

Niall_Quinn
18-03-2018, 08:55 PM
I don't use iTunes. :scarf:

You've left yourself wide open for Bono turning up and playing on your roof.

Cripps
18-03-2018, 09:46 PM
http://dailym.ai/2GFzUgU

A power hungry egomaniac. And no it isn't Arsene Wenger.

Xhaka Can’t
19-03-2018, 08:06 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43455550

It clearly is time in the US to crack down on the scourge of video games.

Letters
19-03-2018, 08:50 AM
Video consoles don't kill people, people kill people :sulk:

Cripps
19-03-2018, 11:12 AM
Ant :doh:

GP
19-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Spider :doh:

What are we doing?

Cripps
19-03-2018, 01:39 PM
The UK and EU agree terms for Brexit transition period - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43456502

So basically no Brexit until December 2020 and then we're hardly leaving anyway. Great news.

Letters
19-03-2018, 02:29 PM
http://newsthump.com/2018/03/19/i-dont-give-a-fat-one-about-easter-egg-packaging-confirms-jesus-christ/

He makes a good point.

Jebus :bow:

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2018, 08:19 PM
The UK and EU agree terms for Brexit transition period - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43456502

So basically no Brexit until December 2020 and then we're hardly leaving anyway. Great news.

I'm happy to have everything I say validated.

Cripps
19-03-2018, 08:34 PM
Where have you been today? Actually working? :lol:

HCZ is dead :rose:

Xhaka Can’t
19-03-2018, 09:09 PM
I'm happy to have everything I say validated.

Except your face.

And everything you’ve said.

Letters
19-03-2018, 09:10 PM
HCZ is dead :rose:
Sadly true.

Shame. He was one of the good ones.

HCZ :rose:

Xhaka Can’t
19-03-2018, 09:14 PM
Sadly true.

Shame. He was one of the good ones.

He was such a cunt that I for a moment thought Vieira wasn’t that much of a cunt.

Cripps
19-03-2018, 09:19 PM

Cripps
19-03-2018, 09:20 PM
Oh wait HCZ is actually dead :blink:

What happened :blink:

McNamara That Ghost...
19-03-2018, 09:21 PM
For what he was and not what he became. :rose:

To be honest, we don't know too much really.

Letters
19-03-2018, 09:25 PM
We don't know much but I'm assuming the poo bloke finally exploded and killed him.

It's how he would have wanted to go :rose:

Cripps
19-03-2018, 09:26 PM
I reckon he got busted for some of his despicable posts on his work comp.

NQ next.

Letters
19-03-2018, 10:37 PM
Honestly. Why can't anyone say anything without some sensitive soul getting "offended"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-43463065

Stop being offended by everything, you twunts.

Niall_Quinn
19-03-2018, 10:58 PM
I reckon he got busted for some of his despicable posts on his work comp.

NQ next.

Work computer :haha:

:haha:

Letters
20-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Wow.

http://www.letsrocklondon.com/lineup/

That looks proprly rubbish.

LDG
20-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Wow.

http://www.letsrocklondon.com/lineup/

That looks proprly rubbish.

I expect you have a ticket then :lol:

Letters
20-03-2018, 11:53 AM
Fine, but you lose points for obviousness :p

I am going to see The Muppets this year and don't care what you think about that :cool:

GP
20-03-2018, 12:00 PM
Fine, but you lose points for obviousness :p

I am going to see The Muppets this year and don't care what you think about that :cool:

I thought you gave up your season ticket haha lol #obvious

Cripps
20-03-2018, 12:21 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/lion-mauls-zookeeper-to-death-after-cage-was-left-unlocked/ar-BBKqLss?li=AAnZ9Ug&ocid=mailsignout

Letters
20-03-2018, 02:16 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43472280

Lemon and elderflower?! :sick:

Globalgunner
20-03-2018, 04:22 PM

No worries. When you get there, avoid the cake. Stick to the biscuits and booze.

GP
20-03-2018, 04:54 PM

I know you dream of being a bridesmaid but if you haven't been invited yet you should probably prepare for the worst.

Marc Overmars
20-03-2018, 04:56 PM
Letters doesn't approve anyway because she's one of those coloured types.

GP
20-03-2018, 04:56 PM
Blacks :haha:

Letters
20-03-2018, 05:44 PM
Letters doesn't approve anyway because she's one of those coloured types.

It’s more that she’s an American divorcee.
It’s Wallis Simpson all over again :sulk:

Niall_Quinn
20-03-2018, 09:29 PM

OMG, I thought that was some nothing article about a crappy drink or something similar, so I almost ignored it and was so close to missing out on the latest news about the royal cake.

We've come a long way. So much has changed.

No really.

Niall_Quinn
20-03-2018, 11:09 PM
This has inspired me to become a chef.

I have given myself 6 weeks to get my first Michelin star.

4 weeks to perfect.

2 weeks contingency in case I fuck it up.

I'll keep you updated.

Where is Herbert btw?

I feel unsafe without a copper around here.

Cripps
21-03-2018, 10:21 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/mar/20/man-dies-after-getting-trapped-in-cinema-seat-birmingham

Letters
21-03-2018, 11:02 AM
Where is Herbert btw?
HCZ's dead, baby. HCZ's dead.

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Another poster banned by Letters for criticising Wenger :doh:

Cripps
21-03-2018, 11:15 AM

Marc Overmars
21-03-2018, 11:33 AM
What actually happened to him? :lol:

Letters
21-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Honestly, we don't know.
Possibly something to do with certain things he was posting on here, given his work. But I'm speculating.
He just asked to be "removed".

Marc Overmars
21-03-2018, 11:43 AM

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Well we all better check carefully what we are posting now that people can be jailed for telling jokes.

Letters
21-03-2018, 11:59 AM
Well we all better check carefully what we are posting now that people can be jailed for telling jokes.

And for not pooing.

GP
21-03-2018, 12:03 PM
He did make quite a few references to child porn :ninja:

I love Cheese Pizza

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2018, 12:24 PM
Maybe he just got nervous at the now overtly fascist moves against free speech by the state and decided it was time to stop speaking, even in jest. Maybe a lot of people will do that now. The state has always hated the Internet and was always going to make a move against it. The free exchange of words and ideas has always been viewed by them as a threat.

GP
21-03-2018, 12:33 PM
Theresa May should be killed.

Cripps
21-03-2018, 01:40 PM
Theresa May :haha:

Brexit :haha:

Cripps
21-03-2018, 01:47 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-43473120

HCZ :haha:

Xhaka Can’t
21-03-2018, 08:56 PM
Serious point.

At the risk of sounding like the real Niall Quinn, the thought police are taking over the world and many people, mainly corporations and governments are exploiting this.

We piss around on this forum mainly for a laugh and some catharsis. But don’t bet against what you post here coming back to haunt you. It’s happened in many other Internet forums.

The world is fucked up and getting more fucked up every day. You can pretty much do as you like, but heaven forbid if you actually THINK something or even worse, honestly express what you think.

Oh and don’t even joke about anything, because if you do and someone says their offended, you’re worse than Hitler. Even if you do say sorry.

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2018, 09:00 PM
Serious point.

At the risk of sounding like the real Niall Quinn, the thought police are taking over the world and many people, mainly corporations and governments are exploiting this.

We piss around on this forum mainly for a laugh and some catharsis. But don’t bet against what you post here coming back to haunt you. It’s happened in many other Internet forums.

The world is fucked up and getting more fucked up every day. You can pretty much do as you like, but heaven forbid if you actually THINK something or even worse, honestly express what you think.

Oh and don’t even joke about anything, because if you do and someone says their offended, you’re worse than Hitler. Even if you do say sorry.

Huge risk you took there, and it didn't pay off. You ended up sounding exactly like me.

Cripps
21-03-2018, 09:04 PM
Serious point.

Power n Glory
21-03-2018, 09:22 PM
Serious point.

9/11 changed a lot of shit for the world and we've given up privacy in exchange for security. Now it's gone further where we're giving up privacy for entertainment. Delete Facebook is trending on Twitter of all places! :lol: It won't make a difference if you've already got a Smartphone with the latest apps, talking to Siri and asking Alexa to wake you up every morning to your favorite song.

Cripps
21-03-2018, 09:27 PM
Alexa :lol:

Women :lol:

GP
21-03-2018, 09:41 PM
I just got an emotional support animal. Because of the patriarchy.

GP
21-03-2018, 10:02 PM
https://i.imgur.com/lmYw2DE.jpg

Presented without comment.

Niall_Quinn
21-03-2018, 11:54 PM
This is sadly an all too common problem. Women are always being discriminated against when it comes to restaurants and colouring books.

Cripps
22-03-2018, 07:34 AM
Don't worry guys, Mark Zuckerberg says he's sorry :lol:

Cripps
22-03-2018, 10:04 AM
UK passports 'to be made in France after Brexit' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43489462

So basically we're hardly leaving the EU anyway and we're still outsourcing major work to EU companies.

NQ :pal:

Marc Overmars
22-03-2018, 10:26 AM
Blue passports. :lol:

I renewed in January so I’ve got a burgundy one for another 10 years.

Cripps
22-03-2018, 10:40 AM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/first-picture-iraqi-asylum-seeker-12229123

What a man :bow:

GP
22-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Blue passports. :lol:

I renewed in January so I’ve got a burgundy one for another 10 years.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY4fuHRX0AEU9YH.jpg

Cripps
22-03-2018, 01:17 PM
http://dailym.ai/2FZkrqM

HCZ :doh:

LDG
22-03-2018, 10:25 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3pYGfsq0NKB1bNkrggYJl4h/about-bbc-pandemic

Of course! Why wouldn’t I want you to be with me every second of every day!

Fuck off.

Time to de-app. De-phone and unregister.

Xhaka Can’t
23-03-2018, 07:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY4fuHRX0AEU9YH.jpg

For some reason, those taking back control are less enthusiastic about the ‘iconic bleu’ passport.

Letters
23-03-2018, 09:12 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3pYGfsq0NKB1bNkrggYJl4h/about-bbc-pandemic

Of course! Why wouldn’t I want you to be with me every second of every day!

Fuck off.

Time to de-app. De-phone and unregister.

I don't care about this sort of thing so much. If "they" want to track me then I'm sure "they" can but I don't think "they" really give a rat's arse what I'm doing most of the time.
If they are then they must be pretty bored.
It's the thought police stuff which is becoming worrying - that video GP posted in the Tory thread, some bloke who has been convicted for making a tasteless joke.
And the judge saying "context doesn't matter". So the "joke" was a pug dog being trained to raise his paw in a Nazi salute when he heard the phrase "gas the jews".
But context doesn't matter, so me just writing that phrase to explain what the bloke was convicted for is in itself illegal.

Fun this shizzle. Just tell me what views I'm allowed to have and I'll adjust accordingly.

Letters
23-03-2018, 01:50 PM
http://newsthump.com/2018/03/23/tv-viewers-to-finally-solve-mystery-of-which-one-is-ant-and-which-one-is-dec/

LDG
23-03-2018, 05:13 PM
I don't care about this sort of thing so much. If "they" want to track me then I'm sure "they" can but I don't think "they" really give a rat's arse what I'm doing most of the time.
If they are then they must be pretty bored.
It's the thought police stuff which is becoming worrying - that video GP posted

Eh? You don’t care that you can be tracked? You’re fucking mental.

And thought police becomming worrying. You don’t half live in a bubble mate.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2018, 05:22 PM

You have to understand there's a large group of 30-50'ish types who just don't get it. They have no clue about the tech and what it can do. They jave no clue about anything because they are happy to be spoonfed their reality buy their perceived betters. They bridge the gap between the post-war generation and the youngsters. They are harmless on a one to one basis, mostly mindless in their endless quest for reason and rationality (in the face of utter insanity) and their absolute priority is to be seen to be doing the right thing. They let other people dictate their lives so authoritarianism is natural for them. I could speak about them for days. They are the mortal enemy of mankind and they don't know it. Quite the contrary, they imagine they are the glue that binds society. Everything that is evil, they endorse and stand for. Many of them are Christians.

But the youngsters aren't buying it. At all. Not one bit. Change is on the horizon.

Letters
23-03-2018, 10:36 PM

What affect has the ability of your phone to be tracked (which has been true for years) had on your life?
Not what affect could it have. What affect has it actually had?
I ask this question every time this topic comes up and never get a straight answer.
Because the actual answer, I suspect, is none at all.

Niall_Quinn
23-03-2018, 11:41 PM
What affect has the ability of your phone to be tracked (which has been true for years) had on your life?
I ask this question every time this topic comes up and never get a straight answer.

You've had plenty of answers, you lying, grovelling wimp.

Globalgunner
24-03-2018, 07:45 AM
You will have to forgive Letters. Its a mindset that many government workers have. Ive got nothing to hide, so I dont mind what they do......until he gets laid off. Then he may start to question his existence. For all we know. He may already know hes being tracked. So is playing the glad fool. Either way, its stupid. Democracy cannot be cemented on the back of mass surveillance

Letters
24-03-2018, 08:31 AM
As always, no straight answers...
Just more evasion.

Of course I understand the things that COULD happen because of it.
But right now it has no affect on my life.
I’m yet to hear anyone give a straight answer what affect it has had on theirs.
Just more lying and abuse from NQ. Boring.

Letters
24-03-2018, 09:25 AM
You will have to forgive Letters. Its a mindset that many government workers have. Ive got nothing to hide, so I dont mind what they do......until he gets laid off. Then he may start to question his existence. For all we know. He may already know hes being tracked. So is playing the glad fool. Either way, its stupid. Democracy cannot be cemented on the back of mass surveillance

If I get laid off it will be nothing to do with being tracked. It will be budget cuts or politics.
As to whether I am being tracked. "They" certainly have the ability to. I doubt "they" are actively tracking me, I'm not important enough. If "they" are then I imagine "they" are pretty bored by now.
But if "they" are then it's not affecting my life in any way. Will it one day? Maybe. My feeling is probably not.
And I'm still waiting for someone on here to tell me what affect it has had on their life. I never get a straight answer because the honest answer is it hasn't.

I am more concerned about the freedom of speech thing. That is having a more direct effect on people. People being prosecuted for making a video which was intended to be a joke. In poor taste, sure, but how is that now illegal? What was that other thing this week? Some advert about wedding planning which had the phrase "Are you a little bit OCD?" - wanting people who were good at attention to detail. Massive outcry because one shouldn't be glib about OCD. Or the ridiculous Peter Rabbit thing where there was an outcry and calls for a boycott because there's a joke about allergies in there. Sheesh. Ricky Gervais's Humanity show has a whole 5 minute joke about peanut allergy and it's hilarious. When did people get so sensitive? This is the thing i see as a bigger problem which is having a more direct affect.

Power n Glory
24-03-2018, 12:43 PM
If I get laid off it will be nothing to do with being tracked. It will be budget cuts or politics.
As to whether I am being tracked. "They" certainly have the ability to. I doubt "they" are actively tracking me, I'm not important enough. If "they" are then I imagine "they" are pretty bored by now.
But if "they" are then it's not affecting my life in any way. Will it one day? Maybe. My feeling is probably not.
And I'm still waiting for someone on here to tell me what affect it has had on their life. I never get a straight answer because the honest answer is it hasn't.

I am more concerned about the freedom of speech thing. That is having a more direct effect on people. People being prosecuted for making a video which was intended to be a joke. In poor taste, sure, but how is that now illegal? What was that other thing this week? Some advert about wedding planning which had the phrase "Are you a little bit OCD?" - wanting people who were good at attention to detail. Massive outcry because one shouldn't be glib about OCD. Or the ridiculous Peter Rabbit thing where there was an outcry and calls for a boycott because there's a joke about allergies in there. Sheesh. Ricky Gervais's Humanity show has a whole 5 minute joke about peanut allergy and it's hilarious. When did people get so sensitive? This is the thing i see as a bigger problem which is having a more direct affect.

You don't see the connection between the 'freedom of speech thing' you're concerned about and the government tracking your phone and activity at home? What the fuck is wrong with you, Letters. Seriously. Think for a moment about what you've just said.

LDG
24-03-2018, 01:24 PM

The very fact that the data held on me can inform “them” about everything in my life has a massive impact on me.

Not always directly (though definitely in the case of targeted adverts etc) as it stands, but absolutely indirectly. Where I work, how much I earn, where I live, the size of house i live in etc etc. All of that data is used to make policy at government level.

That does have an impact on every one of us.

If you’re foolish enough to believe that all the data, linked to my unique identifier (i.e. my phone) isn’t being used to manipulate virtually everything we do, every day, then no wonder those with power can do whatever they like.

You appear resigned to being tracked, because it doesn’t impact the day to day monotony of your life. Which is exacly where “they” are happy with the situation. You don’t pose a threat, because you don’t care.

Aren’t you in the least bit worried?

Niall_Quinn
24-03-2018, 03:22 PM
You don't see the connection between the 'freedom of speech thing' you're concerned about and the government tracking your phone and activity at home? What the fuck is wrong with you, Letters. Seriously. Think for a moment about what you've just said.

He's stupid, like I have said many times. Not as an insult, just as a matter of fact. He's stupid like a lot of people are. Maybe well meaning, but if something of significance in their lives does ever materialise, they look upwards to whatever authority figure is available. As I said before, they are often Christian.

Cripps
24-03-2018, 03:34 PM
:lol: why do you lot bother? I pretend he doesn't exist anymore, it works wonders :shrug:

Letters
24-03-2018, 06:17 PM
The examples I’ve given of people being prosecuted for things they have said are because they’ve said them publicly.
So the bloke who made the “illegal” joke did so on YouTube.
It was the public nature of it that made it “hate speech”.
Now, as I’ve said I think it ridiculous and worrying that doing so was declared illegal, and that concerns me because it was deemed illegal because it was “offensive”. As a Christian this is worrying because the Christian message is increasingly thought offensive so will it become illegal for us to publicly proclaim our faith? Quite possibly.
Right now I don’t feel all the surveillance is stopping me going where I want, saying what I want, doing what I want.
It’s not stopping NQ either, he even gets to call other posters stupid on here.
And actually, the person he called stupid literally has the power to silence him, delete the post and prevent him from posting anything so “offensive.”
But does he? No, because he is a benevolent dictator.
And this is the key. In some regimes all this surveillance could have serious, direct effects on our day to day lives.
Over here I think that much less likely.
Honestly, I don’t think “they” really care what you say, what you do, where you go.
I don’t think “they” are out to get you, I don’t think they care about you at all.
They might be incompetent and self-serving but they’re not out to crush you.
Of course they use data to form policy, policy should be based on data.

Of course I see the potential dangers but right now it isn’t curtailing my freedoms, or yours.
It could, obviously. I’m not quite sure what I’m supposed to do about it.

GP
25-03-2018, 05:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZFT6mTU0AAWKMi.jpg

Letters
25-03-2018, 07:19 PM
Light evenings :bow:

Marc Overmars
25-03-2018, 09:21 PM
Light evenings :bow:

Racist.

Xhaka Can’t
25-03-2018, 09:26 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180325/4f6c03907478048a6de1d0f871cc13a3.jpg

Letters
25-03-2018, 09:39 PM
Pancakes :bow:

Cripps
26-03-2018, 05:29 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43542805

P&O :bow:

Niall_Quinn
27-03-2018, 02:03 AM
So it's safe to travel P&O then. That makes one.

Letters
27-03-2018, 10:07 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43550383

And you think my salary is a waste of money...