PDA

View Full Version : "Currants Bw..."

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129

Globalgunner
02-05-2021, 12:39 PM
You believe that a bearded man in the sky created everything you can see...say 4 billion years ago. But he has been resting on his laurels since....Ok

Coney
02-05-2021, 02:01 PM
But my point above, which you have offered no counter argument to, is that the actual truth about this is unknown and unknowable.

So you have proof that the "actual truth about this is unknowable"? I grant that the truth is currently unknown but you will have to go some to prove it is unknowable.

Letters
02-05-2021, 03:16 PM
So you have proof that the "actual truth about this is unknowable"? I grant that the truth is currently unknown but you will have to go some to prove it is unknowable.

Unknowable is more of a gut feel. I’m basing on the sheer distances involved which I’d suggest would make communication impractical, let alone visiting. If Einstein was right about c being a universal speed limit.

But it’s fair to say that our own exploration of space is relatively new, study of exoplanets is in its infancy. So sure, we can’t know what will be discovered in the next 100 years, let alone the next thousand.

Letters
02-05-2021, 03:39 PM
You believe that a bearded man in the sky created everything you can see...say 4 billion years ago. But he has been resting on his laurels since....Ok

Well. I don’t believe He is in the sky. Or has a beard. But apart from that...
The Bible has nothing to say about this. It neither mentions life elsewhere or rules it out and I’m not sure we’d expect it to.

It’s certainly possible that the mechanisms which led to life here have led to life elsewhere. But what we don’t know is how likely it is that a planet has the right conditions on it for that to happen. And we still don’t really understand how life started here. So we don’t know if if was a ridiculous fluke (one which might even be said to be good evidence of a creator) or whether given the right conditions on a planet it is all but inevitable.

If we discovered good evidence that life did once exist on Mars then that would indicate that life can arise quite easily. Otherwise we don’t have that much to go on. Although I did hear recently that they think some of the exoplanets being studied have organic molecules in their atmosphere

https://www.esa.int/Science_Exploration/Space_Science/Hubble_finds_first_organic_molecule_on_extrasolar_ planet

It’s still a bit of a leap from there to actual civilisations elsewhere. It’s certainly possible but whether they’d be close enough to be discoverable or visit us if they had the technology to. My gut feel is it’s unlikely. Entirely possible I’m wrong and it would be one of the most significant events in human history if it happened.

Letters
04-05-2021, 08:01 AM
In other news, Melinda Gates is single ##

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56975466

GP
04-05-2021, 08:28 AM
She could buy Arsenal.

Mac76
04-05-2021, 09:23 AM
Bill and Melinda splitting up - this HAS to be a conspiracy!!!

did Melinda find out Bill was really a lizard?

did he get fed up of her wearing a tin foil hat in bed??

were they both responsible for faking the moon landings???

is Bill really 'H'????

we deserve to be told!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Letters
04-05-2021, 09:29 AM
As always, NewsThump is on the case

https://newsthump.com/2021/05/04/bill-gates-and-wife-to-divorce-after-she-discovers-his-massive-5g-surveillance-lab/

Mac76
04-05-2021, 09:46 AM
As always, NewsThump is on the case

https://newsthump.com/2021/05/04/bill-gates-and-wife-to-divorce-after-she-discovers-his-massive-5g-surveillance-lab/

:lol:

this is good too - https://newsthump.com/2021/05/03/bloody-hell-look-at-the-house-you-get-in-witness-protection-says-britain/

much as i was happy Kelly McDonald's character endeed up ok, someone should have woken up to how ridiculously idyllic that was all made to look - they really jumped the shark there

Globalgunner
04-05-2021, 11:00 AM
Bill and Melinda splitting up - this HAS to be a conspiracy!!!

did Melinda find out Bill was really a lizard?

did he get fed up of her wearing a tin foil hat in bed??

were they both responsible for faking the moon landings???

is Bill really 'H'????

we deserve to be told!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melinda got tired of waiting for Bill to collect all 6 Infinity stones. He has been stringing her along all these years. She is going to move on to the next psycopath. Maybe Letters will get his chance now

Letters
04-05-2021, 11:13 AM

Rude :p

Letters
04-05-2021, 11:19 AM
https://newsthump.com/2021/05/04/pun-loving-star-wars-fan-absolutely-pissing-himself-after-thinking-of-hilarious-joke-for-todays-date/

:d

Mac76
04-05-2021, 11:58 AM
https://newsthump.com/2021/05/04/pun-loving-star-wars-fan-absolutely-pissing-himself-after-thinking-of-hilarious-joke-for-todays-date/

totally :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
06-05-2021, 07:50 AM
So its war with France i see :lol:

Letters
06-05-2021, 07:52 AM
Brexit :bow:

Ollie the Optimist
06-05-2021, 07:56 AM
Wasnt income tax originally brought in to fund wars with France.

We are still paying income tax so…..

Letters
06-05-2021, 08:06 AM
It was, but I'd suggest that the costs of infrastructure are significantly higher than they were then, that money has to come from somewhere.

Ollie the Optimist
06-05-2021, 08:18 AM
true :lol:

But on a serious note, I’m not sure the UK government is at fault here.

The french fishermen had to comply with certain regulations which included proving via gps/ais data that they fished in those waters before brexit. 50 or so of them are unable to and therefore are up in arms and protesting etc which has led France to threaten to cut off electricity supply to Jersey.

Ive seen people claim France are a sovereign nation so can do what they want with their electricity supply and yes that is true, but lets not forget France, Germany etc don’t like it when Russia threatens to shut off the gas supplies to Europe.

its another case of Macron trying to play the big man and failing

Mac76
06-05-2021, 09:01 AM
true :lol:

But on a serious note, I’m not sure the UK government is at fault here.

The french fishermen had to comply with certain regulations which included proving via gps/ais data that they fished in those waters before brexit. 50 or so of them are unable to and therefore are up in arms and protesting etc which has led France to threaten to cut off electricity supply to Jersey.

Ive seen people claim France are a sovereign nation so can do what they want with their electricity supply and yes that is true, but lets not forget France, Germany etc don’t like it when Russia threatens to shut off the gas supplies to Europe.

its another case of Macron trying to play the big man and failing

the UK government is 100% at fault - they are responsible for lying to all those fisherman in the first place about what would happen when we left the EU - their plan was always to just let shit happen and then just blame the EU for it, backed by the right-wing press (which is most of it as we know)

they are also generally at fault for being a bunch of *****

Ollie the Optimist
06-05-2021, 09:18 AM
the UK government is 100% at fault - they are responsible for lying to all those fisherman in the first place about what would happen when we left the EU - their plan was always to just let shit happen and then just blame the EU for it, backed by the right-wing press (which is most of it as we know)

they are also generally at fault for being a bunch of *****

But these are french fisherman protesting at lack of access to UK waters so how has the UK government lied to them?

The whole thing about fishing was we would control our waters.

Mac76
06-05-2021, 11:58 AM
But these are french fisherman protesting at lack of access to UK waters so how has the UK government lied to them?

The whole thing about fishing was we would control our waters.

ah... :getcoat:

...but they are still a bunch of ***** :lol:

Letters
06-05-2021, 02:35 PM
So its war with France i see :lol:

https://newsthump.com/2021/05/06/france-makes-it-to-midday-without-surrendering/

Ollie the Optimist
07-05-2021, 07:57 AM
Tories win Hartlepool by election by turning a 3000 labour majority into a 7000 tory one.

It is making me laugh on twitter though that quite a few corbynites are claiming starmer should go & using the fact corbyn won Hartlepool as a reason why he should go. Let’s just ignore the tens of seats corbyn lost :lol:

Letters
07-05-2021, 08:44 AM
Democracy :lol:

Awlful system

Mac76
07-05-2021, 09:15 AM
Democracy :lol:

Awlful system

:gp:

Letters
07-05-2021, 09:24 AM
Went for Khan in the end, put Binface 2nd.

Letters
07-05-2021, 09:48 AM
https://newsthump.com/2021/05/07/hartlepool-looks-at-past-year-of-conservative-government-and-declares-ooh-yes-please/

Ollie the Optimist
07-05-2021, 09:53 AM
https://newsthump.com/2021/05/07/hartlepool-looks-at-past-year-of-conservative-government-and-declares-ooh-yes-please/

There is a serious point though that too many have an attitude of “thick northern racists” and then wonder why they dont win their votes.

Ive seen a few prominent remainers/labour MPs on social media today asking do Hartlepool voters not care about decency or honesty etc or dont they know what htey are voting for etc.

It’s that kind of patrionising attitude that loses votes and labour need to snap out of it in order to win again.

Letters
07-05-2021, 02:29 PM
Agreed. It's what lost the Brexit vote, or part of it.
Implying that everyone who was thinking of voting to Leave was a thick racist is not a good way of winning the argument.

Mac76
07-05-2021, 02:32 PM
Agreed. It's what lost the Brexit vote, or part of it.
Implying that everyone who was thinking of voting to Leave was a thick racist is not a good way of winning the argument.

although they were right though... :lol:

Letters
07-05-2021, 02:36 PM
Well, obviously :d

But not really. All the thick racists voted for Brexit, that doesn't mean the reverse is true.

Mac76
07-05-2021, 02:50 PM
Well, obviously :d

But not really. All the thick racists voted for Brexit, that doesn't mean the reverse is true.

sure, only joking obvs, although I did get bored of all the people saying afterwards, "oh it's not to do ith racism" etc etc

actaully it was, but as you say not for everyone - as always the truth is more complicated ...

Ollie the Optimist
07-05-2021, 03:51 PM
One times journalist reporting that Shaun Bailey’s campaign are saying their polling is better then expected and they think they will win it.

Obviously Shaun baileys campaign lot are living in a different universe. There is not a chance in hell he has won it but on the off chance he has, the Labour Party should probably just give up politics :lol:

Letters
08-05-2021, 09:19 PM
Indications that Khan has won but its sounding close.

Xhaka Can’t
08-05-2021, 09:56 PM
It was 39-37 after the first ballot.

Khan got nothing from me, but Count Binface got my second vote.

I wasn’t going to bother voting at all. But after chatting to my 16 year old son, I went to vote for his choice as my first selection.

He is more mature than me, so the first preference didn’t go to the Count.

Xhaka Can’t
08-05-2021, 10:03 PM
Just announced that Khan has won.

Sigh.

Mac76
09-05-2021, 01:18 AM
Phew :clap:

Fuck off Tories - London is ours

Letters
09-05-2021, 06:47 AM
Just announced that Khan has won.

Sigh.
Would Bailey have been better?
Binface woul probably have been better than either but that was never realistic

Xhaka Can’t
09-05-2021, 08:01 AM
I don’t know.

One thing though - I can’t think of any body of work or achievements from Khan that made me think he deserved a second term.

Ollie the Optimist
09-05-2021, 08:42 AM

The one person i wish was still running was Rory Stewart.

I think he could genuinely have won as i suspect he would have gained a lot on second preferences.

Xhaka Can’t
09-05-2021, 10:03 AM
I would’ve voted for Rory Stewart.

Someone with his vision and seemingly genuine desire for constructive and innovative change is who we need to at least give a chance to see what happens.

The repeated failures of the traditional approaches will never work.

All we have to look forward to now, is another 3 years of unexceptionable governance.

Ollie the Optimist
09-05-2021, 11:12 AM
I would’ve voted for Rory Stewart.

Someone with his vision and seemingly genuine desire for constructive and innovative change is who we need to at least give a chance to see what happens.

The repeated failures of the traditional approaches will never work.

All we have to look forward to now, is another 3 years of unexceptionable governance.

He is certainly one of the more interesting politicians of recent times.

I think one of hte problems with Khan is he hates the tories and has been quite hostile in his attacks on them both as mayor & as an MP (i fully accept tories have in turn been hostile towards him as well) but it makes negotiating with the government quite difficult as we have seen over the last year.

A mayor who is not quite so hostile to the government might be able to achieve more as they are able to compromise easily.

Mac76
09-05-2021, 11:49 AM
He is certainly one of the more interesting politicians of recent times.

I think one of hte problems with Khan is he hates the tories and has been quite hostile in his attacks on them both as mayor & as an MP (i fully accept tories have in turn been hostile towards him as well) but it makes negotiating with the government quite difficult as we have seen over the last year.

A mayor who is not quite so hostile to the government might be able to achieve more as they are able to compromise easily.

how is he supposed to not be hostile when they're fucked tehe country by leaving, and leaving badly, the EU, mishandled the pandemic, hamstrung local authorities with cuts, fucked up social housing policy, ramped up travel fares and let him take the blame, been responsible for a huge rise in homelessness etc etc etc?

if he calls out the lies of that bunch of c***s then good on him for telling it like it is

GP
09-05-2021, 12:41 PM

Bailey is a less serious candidate than Binface or Fox.

Letters
09-05-2021, 02:57 PM
Binface actually got the same vote share as Fox in some areas, including mine :lol:

Letters
10-05-2021, 09:12 AM
https://newsthump.com/2021/05/10/keir-starmers-reshuffle-results-in-labour-losing-eight-shadow-cabinet-posts-to-conservatives-and-greens/

Mac76
10-05-2021, 09:28 AM
Binface actually got the same vote share as Fox in some areas, including mine :lol:

https://twitter.com/Number10cat/status/1391131801314283522

:)

Ollie the Optimist
10-05-2021, 09:36 AM
I think the highlight from the last couple of days of Starmer’s reshuffle is the left of the Labour Party telling Starmer what to do in order to win.

Corbyn even wrote an article about what labour should do to win going forward.

If only they tried that in 2019 & 2017 :lol:

Letters
10-05-2021, 09:43 AM
https://twitter.com/Number10cat/status/1391131801314283522

:)

Coney
10-05-2021, 06:49 PM
I think the highlight from the last couple of days of Starmer’s reshuffle is the left of the Labour Party telling Starmer what to do in order to win.

Corbyn even wrote an article about what labour should do to win going forward.

If only they tried that in 2019 & 2017 :lol:

What the Labour party are doing is the same crap they went through in the 1980s. The problem is that they seem to think that policies are what gets you an election win. Sadly, that is not the case.

Thatcher and Blair both got 100+ seat majorities but nothing to do with policies. They were up against Jim Calaghan and John Major, both not really dynamic personalities, both in charge of a party at war internally, their main argument being 'the other side couldn't do any better. Meanwhile Thatcher and Blair were taking the 'I know how to make everything really good' pitch. People voted for the positive statement.

There was a survey after Thatcher came to power. They asked people if they agreed with various policies, not attributing the policy to one side or the other. It turned out that while a lot of people thought Thatcher was the right leader, they simultaneously did not like the policies she represented.

Until the election a few days ago, I had no particular problem with Starmer in terms of policies. However, he is a wet blanket and is never going to get the majority of people to believe he is going to be a good leader. (After the election, when he immediately sacked Angela Rayner, blaming her instead of his lack lustre image, he went right down in my esteem - not that he was particularly high in the first place.)

What the Labour Party need to realise is that while they argue the toss about whether their policies are exactly perfect in this or that member's opinion, they are not getting elected and people at the bottom of the heap that they are supposed to be helping are left in limbo. The first rule of real politics is 'get elected'. Until you do, everything you say and argue about is an irrelevance. Better to compromise on policy, get elected and at least get something done the way you want, rather than lose elections. Maybe you managed to say how clever and wonderful you are putting your principles first, but maybe also consider that because you did, the people you are supposed to be helping carry on suffering.

GP
10-05-2021, 07:12 PM
Tony Blair is the best Prime Minister of my lifetime.

Make of that what you will.

Xhaka Can’t
10-05-2021, 07:30 PM
I agree in respect of Tony Blair being the best PM.

I don’t know what the hell happened to him in respect of Iraq. But there are a lot of people in Ireland that are alive today because of his commitment to the Irish peace process - John Major also deserves credit for this.

He also achieved in terms of levelling up before it was a thing by introducing the national minimum wage, despite howls of protest from employer groups and the opposition. That, more than anything, reduced corporate welfare and contributed to an increased standard of living amongst the weakest in society without a voice.

It is some contrast with the completely self absorbed slob we have for a PM now. He doesn’t really give a damn about levelling up - it is a catchphrase and all he will do is put lipstick on a pig.

As for Ireland, it was clear that Brexit, inflicted on Ireland by England, would lead to increased tension, a risk of return to violence and breaches of the GFA. But Johnson didn’t give a fuck because people’s lives pale into insignificance with his pursuit for power.

Coney
10-05-2021, 09:38 PM
It is some contrast with the completely self absorbed slob we have for a PM now. He doesn’t really give a damn about levelling up - it is a catchphrase and all he will do is put lipstick on a pig.

As for Ireland, it was clear that Brexit, inflicted on Ireland by England, would lead to increased tension, a risk of return to violence and breaches of the GFA. But Johnson didn’t give a fuck because people’s lives pale into insignificance with his pursuit for power.

GP
10-05-2021, 10:20 PM
Brexit :lol:

Tories :lol:

This country is in a bad, bad way.

Ollie the Optimist
11-05-2021, 07:43 AM
What the Labour party are doing is the same crap they went through in the 1980s. The problem is that they seem to think that policies are what gets you an election win. Sadly, that is not the case.

Thatcher and Blair both got 100+ seat majorities but nothing to do with policies. They were up against Jim Calaghan and John Major, both not really dynamic personalities, both in charge of a party at war internally, their main argument being 'the other side couldn't do any better. Meanwhile Thatcher and Blair were taking the 'I know how to make everything really good' pitch. People voted for the positive statement.

There was a survey after Thatcher came to power. They asked people if they agreed with various policies, not attributing the policy to one side or the other. It turned out that while a lot of people thought Thatcher was the right leader, they simultaneously did not like the policies she represented.

Until the election a few days ago, I had no particular problem with Starmer in terms of policies. However, he is a wet blanket and is never going to get the majority of people to believe he is going to be a good leader. (After the election, when he immediately sacked Angela Rayner, blaming her instead of his lack lustre image, he went right down in my esteem - not that he was particularly high in the first place.)

What the Labour Party need to realise is that while they argue the toss about whether their policies are exactly perfect in this or that member's opinion, they are not getting elected and people at the bottom of the heap that they are supposed to be helping are left in limbo. The first rule of real politics is 'get elected'. Until you do, everything you say and argue about is an irrelevance. Better to compromise on policy, get elected and at least get something done the way you want, rather than lose elections. Maybe you managed to say how clever and wonderful you are putting your principles first, but maybe also consider that because you did, the people you are supposed to be helping carry on suffering.

You make some very fair & interesting points. I do think leaders matter as you say and that was shown in 2019. Corbyn certainly ran on a “positive statement” if you like but people did not trust him at all. They all though Johnson was a better leader. Of course many other issues in that election but i think the polling afterwards showed corbyn was a bigger factor then brexit. People just didnt trust him, no matter if his policies may have been popular.

One issue i do have with you comments on Rayner is about her sacking. She was in charge of the national election campagin which was a failure. Labour lost many councils & councillors while tories made gains 11 years into government. While fully accepting that Starmer is leader, others do have responsibility so is it taht bad if they are held accountable for failing in their role?

Letters
11-05-2021, 07:46 AM
The question is, why do people trust Boris? I mean yes yes, he's funny and ha ha ha, look at his hair!
The affable bumbling character he plays is depressingly effective. But he wouldn't know the truth if it smacked him in the face.
He's been sacked more than once for lying.
I sort of get why he's popular but it's frustrating that people don't think a bit deeper than "good old Boris! Ha ha ha, wiff-waff!"

Ollie the Optimist
11-05-2021, 07:56 AM
The question is, why do people trust Boris? I mean yes yes, he's funny and ha ha ha, look at his hair!
The affable bumbling character he plays is depressingly effective. But he wouldn't know the truth if it smacked him in the face.
I sort of get why he's popular but it's frustrating that people don't think a bit deeper than "good old Boris! Ha ha ha, wiff-waff!"

There was quite a good article on this last week but annoyingly i cant remember where i read it. Could have been new statesmen, I’ll have a look.

But i think it’s because despite his background, he can relate to people. People flock to him unlike other politicians. Hes not a wooden soundbite man like May or Cameron or Miliband. Corbyn had an element of that appeal but only really to his followers, boris somehow seems to attract people unlikely to vote tory as in london 2008 & 2019 election.

I suspect also in 2019, while people trusted Johnson over corbyn, there was quite a strong element of trusting the leader with a good cabinet behind him so it wasnt just the leader themselves. Mcdonell, Abbott, Burgon all are crap politicians who should be no where near government and i suspect that also played a part.

Ollie the Optimist
11-05-2021, 08:02 AM
I also think labour need to come up with a better attack on Johnson then they currently do.

They are attacking a tory party from the 90s not hte current tory party. One of the reason the tory party is so successful is they adapt to the electorate as required in order to win.

This tory party are winning in places they have never won before, clearly the attacks of upper class toffs etc aren’t working. This tory party is spending (or at least promising to spend) huge amounts of money up north, they raising corporation tax etc. Yet labour seem to attack the party as they are lowering them or not spending money, they are attacking a party that doenst, at least right now, appear to exist.

The problem labour have is if Johnson & the tories follow through on their promises on investment up north. The tories will be able to say, you voted for us as he promised to do x,y & z and we did them. Labour will have no answer to that.Of course, if the tories fail to deliver on their promises then the usual attack lines of “they lied to gain your vote and ignored it once given” may work.

Coney
11-05-2021, 07:04 PM
I also think labour need to come up with a better attack on Johnson then they currently do.

They are attacking a tory party from the 90s not hte current tory party. One of the reason the tory party is so successful is they adapt to the electorate as required in order to win.

This tory party are winning in places they have never won before, clearly the attacks of upper class toffs etc aren’t working. This tory party is spending (or at least promising to spend) huge amounts of money up north, they raising corporation tax etc. Yet labour seem to attack the party as they are lowering them or not spending money, they are attacking a party that doenst, at least right now, appear to exist.

The problem labour have is if Johnson & the tories follow through on their promises on investment up north. The tories will be able to say, you voted for us as he promised to do x,y & z and we did them. Labour will have no answer to that.Of course, if the tories fail to deliver on their promises then the usual attack lines of “they lied to gain your vote and ignored it once given” may work.

I agree Labour are failing to adapt to the current situation. Tbf, the last year has been a problem with the Covid effect. The push on vaccination (which it is perfectly possible that Labour would also have done) has given the government a boost. On top of that, given the situation, it is difficult for an opposition to attack on other fronts when Covid is the headline issue.

Labour need to get themselves sorted out over the course of this year - ideally with a decent credible leader with character - ready to go on the attack next spring.

IBK
12-05-2021, 08:43 AM

The problem Labour have is if Johnson & the tories follow through on their promises on investment up north. The tories will be able to say, you voted for us as he promised to do x,y & z and we did them. Labour will have no answer to that.Of course, if the tories fail to deliver on their promises then the usual attack lines of “they lied to gain your vote and ignored it once given” may work.

The Tories have shown themselves to be the ulimate opportunists, and far better at sensing the public mood than Labour. They understand that there is no longer a 'left' and 'right' in the tracditional sense. They have stolen the cultural initiative, that is all about national pride and freedom to make choices (see Brexit; statues; NHS; freedom of expression etc), while undercutting Labour's economic appeal (committment to public spending; massive financial support during Coronavirus; investment promises). Meantime, Labour has become assoiciated with a 'liberal' elite; preaching about moral and social issues; equivoical about Brexit and stuck in the past. Moving to the traditional 'centre' of politics isn't going to work, and anyway noone trusts a party riven by internal ideological conflict (with an undercurrent of antisemitism thrown in).

The shocking thing is that everyone knows that the Tories are corrupt and self-serving, but noone seems to care, as long as they hold out their (calculated) promises.

You are right - the one thing that may change the public mood is when the Tories fail to deliver on their promises. But this will depend in large part on the economy. If things are OK on this front then I see no way back for Labour in its current form...

Mac76
12-05-2021, 09:37 AM
Labour is bankrupt as a concept, most people hve moved beyond trade unionsim in its pure form, based on massed ranks of workers walking in unison to the factory

a divide party which can't escape socialism will always struggle to win a majority but with the Lib Dems having been destroyed by Clegg they remain by far the second strognest party. It's the reason why we need proportional representation but of course the tories will neveer give it so us and Labour if and when they get into power are too short-sighted to do it either

Niall_Quinn
13-05-2021, 10:43 PM
I agree in respect of Tony Blair being the best PM.

I don’t know what the hell happened to him in respect of Iraq. But there are a lot of people in Ireland that are alive today because of his commitment to the Irish peace process - John Major also deserves credit for this.

He also achieved in terms of levelling up before it was a thing by introducing the national minimum wage, despite howls of protest from employer groups and the opposition. That, more than anything, reduced corporate welfare and contributed to an increased standard of living amongst the weakest in society without a voice.

This is scary. It just shows how little you know about the people behind the rather dull witted Mr Blair. If you want to trace every single problem this country is facing right now back to a catalyst, if not a root cause, Blair was the vessel that delivered it all. His rotten administration picked apart the very fabric of the nation and sowed the seeds for the lunatic left you see today, an absolute slap in the face for the traditional left that busied itself with labour rights as a primary focus. Blair was the empty suit in which the corporatists posing as Cool Britannia rode in to privatise everything in sight, enough to make a tory blush.

Then you say, but wow, what went wrong with Iraq? As if anything went wrong at all. Everything went according to plan because a stuffed shirt can carry new stuffing on a daily basis. Oh yes, one of the two most egregious war criminals of modern times was most certainly the best PM.

Makes total sense, provided you turn a blind eye.

It really is incredible the mountain that needs to be climbed, over that backs of victims that will defend their own slavery with tooth and claw. It would be easy to despair if anyone had the time.

Niall_Quinn
13-05-2021, 10:45 PM

Stupid cunt.

Niall_Quinn
13-05-2021, 10:49 PM
You make some very fair & interesting points. I do think leaders matter as you say and that was shown in 2019. Corbyn certainly ran on a “positive statement” if you like but people did not trust him at all. They all though Johnson was a better leader. Of course many other issues in that election but i think the polling afterwards showed corbyn was a bigger factor then brexit. People just didnt trust him, no matter if his policies may have been popular.

One issue i do have with you comments on Rayner is about her sacking. She was in charge of the national election campagin which was a failure. Labour lost many councils & councillors while tories made gains 11 years into government. While fully accepting that Starmer is leader, others do have responsibility so is it taht bad if they are held accountable for failing in their role?

No he doesn't. He's a fucking moron who makes it that much harder for non-brain damaged individuals to deter the excess of the ruling class - something the left has been supposedly opposed to since day one but look at the evidence. Anyone that can't see the wood for the transparent trees is likewise a moron.

You people need to wake up now. Just take a look around, see what's happening in the world (as opposed to on your fuckwit TV screen) and tell me the intricacies of party political theatrics is the answer. I mean, what's it going to take?nWhen will that first shoe drop, let alone the other one?

Niall_Quinn
13-05-2021, 10:55 PM

Don't make any firm judgement on Johnson quite yet. Several times now, despite the fact he crumbled in the end, he at least tried to do the right (sane) thing. His spine is not up to bearing much weight. He even lets that rotten cunt he's fucking (can you imagine?) dictate. But I'm not sure he is totally onboard with the nutter crew that is striving to steer the nation into oblivion.

I'll tell you this. Churchill would have eaten every single lunch belonging to these globalist motherfuckers. Boris might be related, but he's no Churchill.

Niall_Quinn
13-05-2021, 10:57 PM
Labour is bankrupt as a concept, most people hve moved beyond trade unionsim in its pure form, based on massed ranks of workers walking in unison to the factory

a divide party which can't escape socialism will always struggle to win a majority but with the Lib Dems having been destroyed by Clegg they remain by far the second strognest party. It's the reason why we need proportional representation but of course the tories will neveer give it so us and Labour if and when they get into power are too short-sighted to do it either

OR

The trade unions sold out, hook, line, sinker. Like every leftist that caught sight of the gleaming coin. That's the place you don't want to go, am I right? Trade unionism is just a magical failure with no set cause and there's no point digging into it because what you would find blows the very guts out of this fantasy called socialism. Everyone's a socialist until they have a few quid. True story.

Xhaka Can’t
14-05-2021, 07:50 AM
NQ, if you’re right, what does it matter?

Mac76
14-05-2021, 08:37 AM
OR

The trade unions sold out, hook, line, sinker. Like every leftist that caught sight of the gleaming coin. That's the place you don't want to go, am I right? Trade unionism is just a magical failure with no set cause and there's no point digging into it because what you would find blows the very guts out of this fantasy called socialism. Everyone's a socialist until they have a few quid. True story.

I'm no massive trade unionist but it's a valid idea for workers to have representatives who dialogue with company owners, the problem is they all too often get hijacked by either extreme left-wing or right-wing leaders who turn the union into a political vehicle

Ollie the Optimist
14-05-2021, 09:05 AM
I'm no massive trade unionist but it's a valid idea for workers to have representatives who dialogue with company owners, the problem is they all too often get hijacked by either extreme left-wing or right-wing leaders who turn the union into a political vehicle

I think its fair to ask questions about some trade unions, especially the Unite one which seems more interested in politics then actually trying to help workers.

There was a libel case between Skwakbox (a pro corbyn blogging site) and an ex labour MP. The Labour MP won costs & damages which are around £1.3 million. Unite decided to defend the case for Skawkbox so are picking up the costs. How is that a good use of funds paid by members?

Some of Len Mckluskey’s actions as well as leader also make the Tory corruption scandals look pretty small. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jan/22/unite-calls-special-meeting-over-alleged-overspend-on-50m-building-project

As you say, they get hijacked by the extreme left wing or right wing (although off top of my head I can’t think of any right wing trade unions!).

Mac76
14-05-2021, 09:10 AM
I think its fair to ask questions about some trade unions, especially the Unite one which seems more interested in politics then actually trying to help workers.

There was a libel case between Skwakbox (a pro corbyn blogging site) and an ex labour MP. The Labour MP won costs & damages which are around £1.3 million. Unite decided to defend the case for Skawkbox so are picking up the costs. How is that a good use of funds paid by members?

Some of Len Mckluskey’s actions as well as leader also make the Tory corruption scandals look pretty small. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jan/22/unite-calls-special-meeting-over-alleged-overspend-on-50m-building-project

As you say, they get hijacked by the extreme left wing or right wing (although off top of my head I can’t think of any right wing trade unions!).

there are ones which are relatively right-wing though only up to a point obvs, it's going back a long way but in response to when Scargill hijacked the NUM, another miners' union sprang up which was basically a trojan horse for Thatcher politics

Niall_Quinn
14-05-2021, 10:56 AM
NQ, if you’re right, what does it matter?

It not only matters but it's the second most profound question facing humanity after "Why am I here?"

Now that I'm here, how do I stop some other cunt exploiting my very life force, whether it be time spent doing activities to provide the basics of life (work) or time spent enjoying the rewards (Arsenal fucking football club).

Exploitation comes from the right, it comes from the left. That's because left and right are engineered divisions designed to pitch majorities against each other so exploiters can operate. A union might seem like a good idea but all it really is is an admission of defeat. If each man had the spine to stand for his own rights it wouldn't be necessary to hire the very bastards who exploit people to run the unions or the political parties or any body masquerading as a common good.

This abdication of responsibility allows monsters like Blair to slouch into influence, the pay-off for the inability or unwillingness of otherwise intelligent men, generally of sound character, to run their own affairs.

It is well worth the effort to put aside all these artificial paradigms and just take a look at how society is structured and how it operates. Take a real hard look. But have a stiff drink handy because it's not a pretty picture.

It's like religion. Why do you need a church and a bloke in a dress and all the chanting and collection plates just to pray to God? And are you the one fucking kids in the arse or is it the holy men who set themselves up as gods here on earth? Same story right?

Xhaka Can’t
14-05-2021, 01:19 PM
It may be an important question, but so what?

If what you are saying is true, by that, I mean the full package of what you believe, who cares?

I say this because the bleakness and inevitability of it all means it’ll happen regardless of what we do.

I think there are aspects of truth within the points you make, particularly over some historical aspects that have occurred. However, I don’t buy in to the full package. And if I did, it would just mean pointlessly confronting a situation that is impossible to resist.

Niall_Quinn
14-05-2021, 06:07 PM
Well you could extend that to a natural conclusion and ask what's the point of life itself?

Who said you can't do something about the exploitative bastards who have plagued mankind since the beginning. Many times people have won the battles, even if the war itself can't be ended.

Morality isn't a lifestyle choice it's a reason for existence. And it might be a much bigger reason than we can imagine if the whole God thing is real and he's keeping score.

GP
17-05-2021, 08:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tdiKTSdE9Y

Letters
17-05-2021, 09:35 PM
Tom Scott :bow:

Mac76
18-05-2021, 09:14 AM
Morality isn't a lifestyle choice it's a reason for existence

is that why you support Trump, one of the most immoral people ever to hold high office?

Niall_Quinn
18-05-2021, 09:34 AM
Trump again. Unreal.

Mac76
18-05-2021, 10:16 AM
Trump again. Unreal.

so come on, answer the question, stop avoiding it, grow a set, man up etc etc... :rolleyes:

Niall_Quinn
18-05-2021, 10:30 AM
so come on, answer the question, stop avoiding it, grow a set, man up etc etc... :rolleyes:

Answer a question about a conversation you don't have the capability to understand? What use would that answer actually be to a person like you?

If I thought your were trying to cure your illness I'd be worth it. But you've shown no indication whatsoever you are prepared to think for yourself.

In the simplest terms I can realistically work with, knowing full well it won't even dent your programmed TDS affliction, I can tell you the following.

1. Contrary to the lie you have used to preface and frame your so-called question, I do not support Trump and, as stated on multiple occasions, I have never supported a politician, ever. We are discussing morality after all. It seems fairly obvious this is not something you can claim yourself.

2. I am not Trump, so any issues he might have with morality have no bearing on me. Your poor attempt at association is your failing, not mine. The lack of integrity in what you claim to be a question, when it is in fact a statement designed to smear, is similarly your moral issue, not mine.

I'd also observe that actual Trump supporters have behaved somewhat differently, even in light of a stolen election, than the rather sad lunatics on the left who spent 4 years concocting a stream of bizarre conspiracy theories and outright falsehoods (which you, of course, believed and repeated without the pretence of reference to reality). It's a stark difference.

Mac76
18-05-2021, 12:25 PM
Answer a question about a conversation you don't have the capability to understand? What use would that answer actually be to a person like you?

If I thought your were trying to cure your illness I'd be worth it. But you've shown no indication whatsoever you are prepared to think for yourself.

In the simplest terms I can realistically work with, knowing full well it won't even dent your programmed TDS affliction, I can tell you the following.

1. Contrary to the lie you have used to preface and frame your so-called question, I do not support Trump and, as stated on multiple occasions, I have never supported a politician, ever. We are discussing morality after all. It seems fairly obvious this is not something you can claim yourself.

2. I am not Trump, so any issues he might have with morality have no bearing on me. Your poor attempt at association is your failing, not mine. The lack of integrity in what you claim to be a question, when it is in fact a statement designed to smear, is similarly your moral issue, not mine.

I'd also observe that actual Trump supporters have behaved somewhat differently, even in light of a stolen election, than the rather sad lunatics on the left who spent 4 years concocting a stream of bizarre conspiracy theories and outright falsehoods (which you, of course, believed and repeated without the pretence of reference to reality). It's a stark difference.

sorry but you admitted you worked on Trump's side during the presidential election, plus you satured this board with pro-Trump propaganda

and you desperately tried to prolong Trumps' myth that the election was 'stolen' despite all the evidence to the contrary

you can't pretend you didn't want Trump to win rather than Biden which effectively makes you a supporter IMO

Letters
18-05-2021, 12:44 PM
In politics it's often about wanting the least bad option.
I want City to win the CL Final.
Except I don't, it's just the alternative - a Chelsea win - is worse. That doesn't make me a City supporter.

GP
18-05-2021, 12:46 PM
In politics it's often about wanting the least bad option.
I want City to win the CL Final.
Except I don't, it's just the alternative - a Chelsea win - is worse. That doesn't make me a City supporter.

Yes, but if you consistantly posted pro-City nonsense, that probably would make you a City supporter.

Niall_Quinn
18-05-2021, 01:11 PM
sorry but you admitted you worked on Trump's side during the presidential election, plus you satured this board with pro-Trump propaganda

and you desperately tried to prolong Trumps' myth that the election was 'stolen' despite all the evidence to the contrary

you can't pretend you didn't want Trump to win rather than Biden which effectively makes you a supporter IMO

This again reflects on you and just shows what a fool you are.

You lie about me working "on Trump's side" because you have to cling to what you have said and what I have never said in order to make a point you can't support with facts or honesty. You make sweeping statements about "all the evidence to the contrary" when you know there is none and you know the whole effort post-election was focused on ensuring no evidence was examined. And I have never pretended I didn't want Trump to win - you can't even be straight on that. I wanted Trump to win to prevent precisely what we see happening now. It's not that I even wanted Trump to win, I'd have rather both lost and government was disbanded. But in the absence of such common sense the main objective is to restrain and derail the evil of globalism. All of these things I have said repeatedly but your aim isn't to have a discussion, it's to try and make a dry patch in your knickers so you aren't as upset about the realities that are creeping up on you. I can smell your fear from here.

And, finally, your proclamation about what I am or aren't carries as much force as a trickle of piss from a dehydrated ant. I think I'll survive it.

Niall_Quinn
18-05-2021, 01:12 PM
Yes, but if you consistantly posted pro-City nonsense, that probably would make you a City supporter.

Get back under the bridge Mr Troll.

Letters
18-05-2021, 07:57 PM
I’ll just leave this here :ninja:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/tickets-to-free-farage-comeback-tour-bought-up-by-people-with-no-intention-of-going-269698/

Mac76
18-05-2021, 08:07 PM
This again reflects on you and just shows what a fool you are.

You lie about me working "on Trump's side" because you have to cling to what you have said and what I have never said in order to make a point you can't support with facts or honesty. You make sweeping statements about "all the evidence to the contrary" when you know there is none and you know the whole effort post-election was focused on ensuring no evidence was examined. And I have never pretended I didn't want Trump to win - you can't even be straight on that. I wanted Trump to win to prevent precisely what we see happening now. It's not that I even wanted Trump to win, I'd have rather both lost and government was disbanded. But in the absence of such common sense the main objective is to restrain and derail the evil of globalism. All of these things I have said repeatedly but your aim isn't to have a discussion, it's to try and make a dry patch in your knickers so you aren't as upset about the realities that are creeping up on you. I can smell your fear from here.

And, finally, your proclamation about what I am or aren't carries as much force as a trickle of piss from a dehydrated ant. I think I'll survive it.

so if you wanted him to win that makes you a supporter

so there you go you just told a bare-faced lie when you said you didn't

and you wonder why no-one on here gives the time of day to all your conspiracy theories...

Letters
18-05-2021, 09:07 PM
Sigh.

Xhaka Can’t
19-05-2021, 07:44 AM

and you wonder why no-one on here gives the time of day to all your conspiracy theories...

I can see that the was NQ engages impacts on how you respond. And so it goes on.

IMO, there are aspects buried within the insults and aggressiveness that can’t be entirely dismissed. We are living in a dangerous time. Not physically and environmentally as in the past. By environmentally, I mean we have comforts and sanitation that previous generations didn’t have.

However, I think we are approaching an impasse coupled with a technological leap that will impact us all. And not always in a good way. The more the rich develop the means to technologically achieve their objectives, the less use they have for everyone else.

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2021, 10:55 AM

Answer the question! Answer the question!

[Question is answered]

Wrong answer! Here, I'll answer for you.

Weirdo.

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2021, 10:57 AM
I can see that the was NQ engages impacts on how you respond. And so it goes on.

IMO, there are aspects buried within the insults and aggressiveness that can’t be entirely dismissed. We are living in a dangerous time. Not physically and environmentally as in the past. By environmentally, I mean we have comforts and sanitation that previous generations didn’t have.

However, I think we are approaching an impasse coupled with a technological leap that will impact us all. And not always in a good way. The more the rich develop the means to technologically achieve their objectives, the less use they have for everyone else.

Just explained the same reality to somebody on the phone, when we should have been talking about the merits of NoSQL databases.

Do you REALLY believe that? He asks. Having just told me half his department has been made redundant because the new computer system does their job.

Btw - these were people who "learned to code."

Niall_Quinn
19-05-2021, 11:23 AM

Would you also, therefore, agree that centralisation is beneficial to those few who stand to gain the most from controlling the many? Just logic. Fundamentally this addresses both the Trump and Brexit arguments quite neatly. A solution is not THE solution by default, but it can present a roadblock to even worse outcomes.

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2021, 10:34 AM
I don't post about the Royals as a general rule, but this Harry bloke and his prozzer are a whole new level. Looks like all that interbreeding has finally produced the ultimate loon.

Ollie the Optimist
26-05-2021, 07:49 PM
It’s busy on here :lol:

LDG
27-05-2021, 08:29 AM
Tit Thursday :bow:

Letters
27-05-2021, 08:31 AM
Later than usual this year.

Tits :bow:

Letters
27-05-2021, 09:29 AM
Booked tickets to see Alan Partridge next year :dance:

WMUG
28-05-2021, 12:31 PM
Ow. Arm hurty.

:(

Letters
28-05-2021, 12:57 PM
:lol: :console:
It doesn't last long.

WMUG
28-05-2021, 01:10 PM
I'm supposed to be playing in goal tomorrow too :lol:

That'll go well.

Letters
28-05-2021, 03:28 PM
An innocent man :bow:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57280418

dazthegooner
28-05-2021, 03:51 PM
Of course when has a politician not innocent? <_<

Mac76
01-06-2021, 02:31 PM
:faint:

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1399678383727034369

Letters
03-06-2021, 08:08 AM
I’ve been hearing about that sort of thing for years, I didn’t know it was a real thing now :d

Ollie the Optimist
03-06-2021, 09:16 AM
After not having to commute to work in a suit last summer at all, i had forgotten quite how uncomfortable they are in the heat and on the tube :lol:

Luckily it s only one a week

WMUG
03-06-2021, 11:39 AM
Went to play some table tennis in central Manchester last night, because that's the kind of rock n roll lifestyle I lead.

The guy I was with got refused entry for wearing a tracksuit.

To a sports venue.

:doh:

Mac76
03-06-2021, 01:19 PM
After not having to commute to work in a suit last summer at all, i had forgotten quite how uncomfortable they are in the heat and on the tube :lol:

it's the stupidest attire ever invented - too hot in summer and too drafty in winter plus highly vulnerable to any marks or stains etc

I'd almost stopped wearing one anyway except to meetings where i really felt i had to but am really hoping dress codes will be much more relaxed in a lot of workplaces now, it's just pure bullshit

and as for whoever invented the tie, i'd love tro string them up with one of their own f*****g ridiculous inventions

Ollie the Optimist
03-06-2021, 02:38 PM
it's the stupidest attire ever invented - too hot in summer and too drafty in winter plus highly vulnerable to any marks or stains etc

I'd almost stopped wearing one anyway except to meetings where i really felt i had to but am really hoping dress codes will be much more relaxed in a lot of workplaces now, it's just pure bullshit

and as for whoever invented the tie, i'd love tro string them up with one of their own f*****g ridiculous inventions

I dont mind wearing a suit to work but they are not most comfortable when on tube without air conditioning!

I do like a tie with a suit though, it doenst feel right wearing a suit & no tie but i do accept, I’m quite old fashioned in that view!

LDG
03-06-2021, 09:25 PM
Fuck off. He who thinks a tie is a good bit of kit needs to think what it is.

It’s something that is knotted round your neck. Think about how bizarre that is. It’s so in the dark ages. Why can’t we just wear what we want?

Snooty fuckwits who judge on appearance. Cock off

Xhaka Can’t
04-06-2021, 07:19 AM

Luckily it s only one a week

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210604/47bb6ef1f46cbf23d94c460cd04aaacb.png

Letters
04-06-2021, 07:48 AM
I haven’t worn a suit for work regularly since about 2000. At my old place we only wore them when working with clients. I then went to work for one of those clients and it’s pretty relaxed there. I wore a suit on my first day, noted that pretty much no one else was so didn’t bother after that.

Ollie the Optimist
04-06-2021, 08:16 AM
Fuck off. He who thinks a tie is a good bit of kit needs to think what it is.

It’s something that is knotted round your neck. Think about how bizarre that is. It’s so in the dark ages. Why can’t we just wear what we want?

Snooty fuckwits who judge on appearance. Cock off

I’m not judging anyone for not wearing a tie. Quite a few in the city are now not wearing ties and each to their own. Just my own personal opinion that i prefer wearing a suit & tie rather then going without.

The only time i judged anyone for not wearing a tie was when one of my wife’s friends turned up to our wedding in chinos & shirt. Not even a tie! Everyone else in full morning suit :lol:

Mac76
04-06-2021, 09:24 AM
Not even a tie!

oh the shock!!!!!! :faint: :rolleyes:

Marc Overmars
04-06-2021, 10:22 AM
I actually made it acceptable to wear more casual clothing in our office after I got promoted and gained a bit of clout with my company, I find it’s a lot more conducive to a positive working atmosphere. I’ll draw the line at trackies/sportswear though!

Having said that, when I have client meetings I usually wear a blazer but go open collar, or maybe stick a jumper/shirt combo. Only wear full suit and tie for formal events.

Ollie the Optimist
04-06-2021, 10:50 AM
oh the shock!!!!!! :faint: :rolleyes:

In my opinion, if an invite states a dress code and you ignore it, its just rude.

Mac76
04-06-2021, 11:13 AM
I actually made it acceptable to wear more casual clothing in our office after I got promoted and gained a bit of clout with my company, I find it’s a lot more conducive to a positive working atmosphere. I’ll draw the line at trackies/sportswear though!

Having said that, when I have client meetings I usually wear a blazer but go open collar, or maybe stick a jumper/shirt combo. Only wear full suit and tie for formal events.

:gp: well done

Mac76
04-06-2021, 11:19 AM
In my opinion, if an invite states a dress code and you ignore it, its just rude.

Well clearly they didn't do themselves any favours so there you go.

I was actually really down once – mentally and financially - and didn’t actually own a suit – I was asked to a friend’s wedding but I don’t remember it stating a dress code.

I just wore a shirt and trousers and sat at the back of the church out of the way

But when my friend saw me afterwards, rather than thanking me for driving two hundred miles to the wedding he just made a cheap remark about what I was wearing

Sorry I should have described him as a former friend...

I’m just saying sometimes there’s a back story so it’s best not to get too hung up on fascist clothing requirements

Marc Overmars
04-06-2021, 12:21 PM
You should definitely try adhere to a dress code if it’s requested IMO. However I’d never comment on what someone was wearing because that would make me a cunt. I had a black tie evening for my wedding reception but some guests had a regular suit on rather than a tux which was fine.

Letters
04-06-2021, 06:01 PM
I’m not sure we really defined a dress code for our wedding although I think smart attire is generally the done thing. One woman did turn up in a pretty tatty cardigan which amused us but we didn’t say anything.

I was invited to a wedding today actually...and then uninvited when it was clear the restrictions weren’t going to be lifted in time :lol:.
We had a bloody awful journey home from holiday today so I ended up watching the live stream on the A10 :doh:

We have been invited to an after party event tomorrow, I asked the groom what the dress code was as it wasn’t specified. He said “smart casual”. I never really know what that means!

LDG
04-06-2021, 09:10 PM
We have been invited to an after party event tomorrow, I asked the groom what the dress code was as it wasn’t specified. He said “smart casual”. I never really know what that means!

Red polo shirt and ill fitting jeans :good:

LDG
04-06-2021, 09:14 PM

Thats fair dos. No problem with making an effort and being well groomed.

What I hate is the stigma attached to ties and uncomfortable attire. Why should you be made to wear something uncomfortable if you can’t afford a tailored suit and have to sweat your nuts through some itchy nylon number that would keep you warm in the arctic....

Letters
04-06-2021, 09:28 PM
Red polo shirt and ill fitting jeans :good:

:angry:

Rude <_<

Letters
05-06-2021, 02:00 PM
Holy shit, Americans are proper crazy when it comes to guns

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57368211

Letters
06-06-2021, 04:10 PM
Gawd bless ‘em!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57378117

:bow:

Mac76
06-06-2021, 08:59 PM
'Lilibet' :ilt:

Niall_Quinn
06-06-2021, 10:13 PM
Holy shit, Americans are proper crazy when it comes to guns

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57368211

How else can you kill your government if you don't have a gun? And if you think you shouldn't be killing your government then you really have missed all of human history.

Niall_Quinn
07-06-2021, 02:31 AM
Gawd bless ‘em!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57378117

:bow:

The great thing about being rich is you can bribe the doctor to tell you the whore's kid is yours.

Mac76
07-06-2021, 07:53 AM
staying up, boozed up and stoked up again - when will you learn?

Letters
07-06-2021, 12:17 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57386049

tbf, that's what I'd do if I was a billionaire.

Mac76
07-06-2021, 12:34 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57386049

tbf, that's what I'd do if I was a billionaire.

i wouldn't go on the first flight though, i'd go on the second :lol:

Letters
07-06-2021, 12:46 PM
:lol: Yes, that's a good point.

Letters
07-06-2021, 06:34 PM
Now there’s a story

https://www.indy100.com/viral/pablo-escobar-cocaine-hippos-ruining-rivers-toxic-poop-b1859767

Mac76
07-06-2021, 09:48 PM
Now there’s a story

https://www.indy100.com/viral/pablo-escobar-cocaine-hippos-ruining-rivers-toxic-poop-b1859767

"There are a group of people that hate science and hate scientists. Very often they are scared and uncertain.”

It's funny, that reminds me of someone...

LDG
08-06-2021, 06:07 AM
https://twitter.com/twitteruk/status/1401811185985589248?s=21

Letters
08-06-2021, 10:57 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57399628

Well. We're still here. Us :bow:

WMUG
08-06-2021, 11:12 AM
Did notice Reddit not working properly whilst on the loo earlier.

Had to listen to my own thoughts for a bit. Scary.

Letters
10-06-2021, 08:11 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-57420056

Ring of Fire :bow:

Letters
10-06-2021, 10:42 AM
...so of course it was cloudy :doh:

Letters
10-06-2021, 11:10 AM
Ah. The clouds parted and managed to take a photo of a reflection in a bucket of water

https://i.ibb.co/6ttHH4q/Solar-Eclipse.jpg

Space :bow:

Xhaka Can’t
10-06-2021, 02:00 PM
Conclusive proof that god is angry

Mac76
10-06-2021, 02:37 PM
Ah. The clouds parted and managed to take a photo of a reflection in a bucket of water

https://i.ibb.co/6ttHH4q/Solar-Eclipse.jpg

Space :bow:

nice one :good:

Letters
11-06-2021, 04:24 PM
So she is just a pretty face :cool:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57439616

GP
11-06-2021, 06:05 PM
Is she though?

Xhaka Can’t
11-06-2021, 06:09 PM
No.

GP
11-06-2021, 07:22 PM
:goodpost:

Globalgunner
11-06-2021, 08:43 PM
You all would. Given a chance

Letters
11-06-2021, 09:05 PM

I never denied it.

Xhaka Can’t
12-06-2021, 06:29 PM

No.

LDG
12-06-2021, 06:34 PM
No.

Agreed.

She does not appeal.

Mac76
12-06-2021, 07:51 PM
No.

Mac76
12-06-2021, 07:52 PM
No.

GP
12-06-2021, 08:03 PM

LDG
12-06-2021, 09:24 PM

Agreed

GP
14-06-2021, 06:55 AM
Lot of tits out there today

Letters
14-06-2021, 07:43 AM
Working at home means I can't see any of them :(

Niall_Quinn
16-06-2021, 11:36 AM
Lot of tits out there today

Same as any other day.

Letters
16-06-2021, 12:53 PM
:rimshot:

Letters
17-06-2021, 08:37 AM
Hurrah!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57419041

It's not the pies, burgers and cakes after all. I'm just ill :patrice:

More seriously...sod off. It's certainly true that some people find it harder to lose weight than others - I am one of those people.
I know people who can basically eat what they like and remain thin, I am not one of those people.
But I also eat the wrong foods and I don't exercise enough. So...basically it's my fault.
Stop blaming other people, fatty!

Marc Overmars
17-06-2021, 11:50 AM
I think everyone has a different metabolism rate but weight gain/loss is really down to what you are consuming versus how much activity/inactivity you see on a daily basis.

GP
17-06-2021, 01:25 PM
Eating disorders are a difficult thing. It's definitely a psychological issue.

Marc Overmars
17-06-2021, 01:42 PM

Absolutely. One of my colleagues is as skinny and petite as they come, whenever we’ve been out she pokes and grazes at her food and leaves half the plate because she doesn’t want to seem like a pig. Claims she’s stuffed and then proceeds to talk about how much weight she’s putting on even though she must be a size 6 or something like that. Wouldn’t call her out on it but there’s obviously an issue there.

dazthegooner
17-06-2021, 01:58 PM
Quite a few women would probably call her a lying bitch!

Letters
17-06-2021, 02:00 PM

Sure. But if you're going to go around stuffing your face with cake and pies then spare me the whining about how it's "your metabolism".

LDG
18-06-2021, 06:26 AM
I think everyone has a different metabolism rate but weight gain/loss is really down to what you are consuming versus how much activity/inactivity you see on a daily basis.

Absolutely. Unfortunately if your body make up means you store fats, then to stay in shape you have to watch what you eat and get the right amount AND type of exercise. Is it fair? Nope. My make up is one that puts weight on very easily, but I train fucking hard every day, and eat well….hence why I’m an adonis

Psychology comes in to play when you feel like shit, but you don’t accept that you need to get off your arse.

The article is hilarious, because her body weight fluctuations, are all linked with eating shit, drinking and doing no execise.

Whilst it may be a struggle to maintain a healthier regime, if you select the wrong diet or training method for your body, you’ll fail.

Your body won’t store fat if you burn the same amount of it you eat!

Mac76
18-06-2021, 10:00 AM
i've got no time for fat people at all, i've never known a single one who didn't eat too much and not exercise enough

if you stop eating you'll lose weight, it's that simple

Letters
18-06-2021, 10:42 AM
i've got no time for fat people at all
Fuck you! :angry:

I'm not that fat but I am overweight. The issue I have is with people who are obese and say it's because of their genetics.
Bullshit. It's because you eat the wrong foods and don't exercise. That's why I'm overweight.
And sure, genetics and my age do make it harder for me to lose weight, but it is ultimately my responsibility to eat better and work harder.

Mac76
18-06-2021, 11:47 AM
Fuck you! :angry:

I'm not that fat but I am overweight. The issue I have is with people who are obese and say it's because of their genetics.
Bullshit. It's because you eat the wrong foods and don't exercise. That's why I'm overweight.
And sure, genetics and my age do make it harder for me to lose weight, but it is ultimately my responsibility to eat better and work harder.

ok, i hope you're only joking about being angry but it's true i should have said 'very fat people' - being a bit overweight is not a crime :)

Letters
18-06-2021, 12:17 PM
I am joking :lol:

I know what you mean. I was getting petrol a couple of weeks back and this bloke was in front of me in the queue.
He was huge...and he was in the petrol station buying cigarettes! :doh:
Obviously I didn't say anything but there's someone who's given up on life.

If people want to get fat then that's their lookout, but it does annoy me when they try and say it's not their fault when it blatantly is.

Mac76
18-06-2021, 12:33 PM
I am joking :lol:

I know what you mean. I was getting petrol a couple of weeks back and this bloke was in front of me in the queue.
He was huge...and he was in the petrol station buying cigarettes! :doh:
Obviously I didn't say anything but there's someone who's given up on life.

If people want to get fat then that's their lookout, but it does annoy me when they try and say it's not their fault when it blatantly is.

ok that's good :)

and yes, correct, plus they shouldn't get any care from the NHS as they've chosen to be unhealthy

WMUG
18-06-2021, 01:36 PM
ok that's good :)

and yes, correct, plus they shouldn't get any care from the NHS as they've chosen to be unhealthy

Nah, bollocks to that.

That's a very dangerous road to go down.

Mac76
18-06-2021, 01:54 PM
Nah, bollocks to that.

Good point, I wouldn't want that to apply to me when it's time for my liver transplant... :beer:

Marc Overmars
18-06-2021, 01:59 PM
Hmm, if you’ve got some form of addiction or disorder and accept that you need help then of course you should be given all the care you need. There are people though who willingly abuse their bodies and make every excuse under the sun for doing so, that’s on them. For example it’s an absolute disgrace how many pissed up wankers end up in A&E and stretch an already weary workforce in the NHS.

Marc Overmars
18-06-2021, 02:04 PM
Absolutely. Unfortunately if your body make up means you store fats, then to stay in shape you have to watch what you eat and get the right amount AND type of exercise. Is it fair? Nope. My make up is one that puts weight on very easily, but I train fucking hard every day, and eat well….hence why I’m an adonis

Psychology comes in to play when you feel like shit, but you don’t accept that you need to get off your arse.

The article is hilarious, because her body weight fluctuations, are all linked with eating shit, drinking and doing no execise.

Whilst it may be a struggle to maintain a healthier regime, if you select the wrong diet or training method for your body, you’ll fail.

Your body won’t store fat if you burn the same amount of it you eat!

It is really just basic biology.

We should all make ourselves accountable and take responsibility for our own actions.

Niall_Quinn
18-06-2021, 10:16 PM
Nah, bollocks to that.

Well said WMUG. But don't expect that sack of shit to understand the concepts and principles in play.

Niall_Quinn
18-06-2021, 10:18 PM
It is really just basic biology.

We should all make ourselves accountable and take responsibility for our own actions.

Allelujah!

In ALL aspects of life.

So MO, are you a voter?

Niall_Quinn
18-06-2021, 10:19 PM
Good point, I wouldn't want that to apply to me when it's time for my liver transplant... :beer:

Too many shandies again, you queer fuck?

Letters
21-06-2021, 01:27 PM
What a family of slags.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-57497765

Mac76
21-06-2021, 01:29 PM
Too many shandies again, you queer fuck?

too many whiskies again, you sad obnoxious loser?

Letters
21-06-2021, 01:50 PM
Honestly. You two... :lol: :doh:

Mac76
21-06-2021, 02:10 PM
Honestly. You two... :lol: :doh:

ok :), but don't put me on his level - there's only one person peppering this board with hate-speech and its not me (unless it's about Xhaka or K**t of course :lol:)

Globalgunner
21-06-2021, 04:01 PM
What a family of slags.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-57497765

70 years and not one of them has seen a condom brand they like

Marc Overmars
21-06-2021, 04:03 PM
Sold my house today. :dance:

Now for the small matter of moving the wife and kid in with the parents while the new house is getting built.

Letters
21-06-2021, 04:28 PM
Oh interesting, you buying one of the new builds around MK? Lot of that going on round there.
Very affordable round there. My in-laws are in a 4 bed detached place on the Poets estate.
For what I'd get this place we could probably buy it and clear the mortgage. London :doh:

Marc Overmars
21-06-2021, 07:17 PM
Yeah bought a 4 bed detached off plan in one of the new developments at Fairfields. Got my asking price within a few days for the current house and it went through very fast without a chain. Fortunate to have the option of the parents while it’s getting built, will definitely make childcare a non-issue now for the rest of the year! We can bugger off to the pub any time now and know my mum is always on hand. :bow:

Letters
23-06-2021, 09:48 AM
Just had a text.
Apparently over 40s are now eligible to book an appointment to apply for the Spurs manager job.

Mac76
23-06-2021, 09:37 PM
We might be going to war with Russia btw - just saying...

https://www.economist.com/europe/2021/06/23/russian-and-british-forces-square-off-in-the-black-sea?utm_campaign=the-economist-today&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_source=salesforce-marketing-cloud&utm_term=2021-06-23&utm_content=article-link-1&etear=nl_today_1

Niall_Quinn
23-06-2021, 11:11 PM
We might be going to war with Russia btw - just saying...

https://www.economist.com/europe/2021/06/23/russian-and-british-forces-square-off-in-the-black-sea?utm_campaign=the-economist-today&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_source=salesforce-marketing-cloud&utm_term=2021-06-23&utm_content=article-link-1&etear=nl_today_1

Wow. It takes determined work to be that dumb.

Mac76
24-06-2021, 07:42 AM
yes I agree, it would be pretty dumb to go to war with Russia

Mac76
24-06-2021, 08:11 AM
one day you might know a joke when you see it - just a tip, it helps not to be blind drunk...

Letters
24-06-2021, 04:41 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/giuliani-trump-law-license-suspended-b1872209.html

:coffee:

GP
26-06-2021, 04:12 PM
https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/doctor-explains-why-you-shouldnt-pump-stock-cubes-into-your-anus-to-enlarge-your-buttocks/

Now you know

LDG
27-06-2021, 09:29 AM
https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/doctor-explains-why-you-shouldnt-pump-stock-cubes-into-your-anus-to-enlarge-your-buttocks/

Now you know

Is bisto ok?

GP
27-06-2021, 10:17 AM
Is bisto ok?

Recommended.

WMUG
30-06-2021, 07:26 AM

:patrice:

IBK
30-06-2021, 03:46 PM
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15380182/brit-student-covered-blood-champagne-bottle-marbella-row-sunbeds/

Letters
30-06-2021, 04:36 PM
She has big tits.

Letters
30-06-2021, 05:21 PM
An innocent man :bow:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57671012

Globalgunner
30-06-2021, 06:07 PM
Free R-Kelly

Niall_Quinn
30-06-2021, 07:28 PM
It must be nice to escape a perv conviction based on a legal technicality. It's just so dignified. Any day now a poor person will enjoy the same fate.

Niall_Quinn
30-06-2021, 07:45 PM
Is there anyone here who still thinks Johnson is a credible PM. I assume you all believe in the PM BS? So is he still good?

Or should the absolute tosser, non-entity, Stalmer be brought in to save the world?

Or some rotten, putrid cunt like that Scots bitch?

Or some Welsh fuck?

Or who?

Who's the hero?

You all vote and seem proud about it.

Who are you bringing in to save the day?

LDG
30-06-2021, 07:51 PM
Is there anyone here who still thinks Johnson is a credible PM. I assume you all believe in the PM BS? So is he still good?

Or should the absolute tosser, non-entity, Stalmer be brought in to save the world?

Or some Welsh fuck?

Or who?

Who's the hero?

Raheem Sterling apparently.

Letters
30-06-2021, 07:51 PM
Did anyone on here ever think Boris was much good?
And sure, I vote. Because the alternative is not voting. Someone's going to represent me regardless, might as well have some say in the matter, in my own small way. Obviously with our system it's a bit moot unless you vote for one of the credible options - and in many constituencies there's only one credible option. But it's all we've got really.

LDG
30-06-2021, 07:54 PM
Ps voting is selfish, and unfortunately you have to be selfish to protect your own in the short time we have.

I’ll happily vote to keep my job, house and family safe. It’s a cuntish thing, but we do what we do with our chance.

Either that, or you blow yourself up and take some with you. Thats a cowards way out. I’d rather grab as much of the good stuff if nobody else gives a shit about me either.

Ollie the Optimist
30-06-2021, 07:54 PM

Or some Welsh fuck?

Or who?

Who's the hero?

If you want a genuine discussion about suitable alternatives then sure, i can give you some ideas of who would be good replacements for Johnson.

The problem is you think anyone remotely involved in politics should be shot so not much point even attempting to reason

Niall_Quinn
30-06-2021, 08:06 PM
If you want a genuine discussion about suitable alternatives then sure, i can give you some ideas of who would be good replacements for Johnson.

The problem is you think anyone remotely involved in politics should be shot so not much point even attempting to reason

Nice one Ollie. You speak on my behalf and then condemn me.

Ride off on your high horse and come back when you have the guts to confront the question.

You have been an absolute embarrassment over the last year.

Niall_Quinn
30-06-2021, 08:07 PM
Here:

https://archive.ph/Np5hN

A survey says you people are dumber than Americans.

Ollie the Optimist
30-06-2021, 08:21 PM
Nice one Ollie. You speak on my behalf and then condemn me.

Ride off on your high horse and come back when you have the guts to confront the question.

You have been an absolute embarrassment over the last year.

I’m not the one who called for hte army to be on the streets at the start of the pandemic to stop selfish people breaking lockdown to then go full 180 and call anyone wanting lockdown selfish.

However on your point about reasonable replacements, in my mind there is only one clear suitable candidate in the Tory party (because lets face it, if Johnson goes it will be because the tory party kick out rather than election defeat) and assuming he stands, it should be Tom Tugendhat.

It baffles me why he is not Foreign Secretary at the very least currently but his knowledge of foreign affairs and tough stances on China & Russia are commendable. He speaks well, especially when you listened to him as chair of foreign affairs select committee speaking after Johnson made a statement, the gulf in class between the two was huge.

He appears to have a deep understanding of how global politics works and who our allies are. I confess i dont know much of his stances on domestic politics as most of his interviews are based on foreign affairs but still, i can assume he will be similar to Cameron then Johnson.

Another person but as he is not an MP but would make a fine PM is Rory Stewart

Ollie the Optimist
30-06-2021, 08:30 PM
I read this tweet by Jordan Henderson earlier

Hi Joe great to hear you enjoyed the game as you should. No one should be afraid to go and support their club or country because football is for everyone no matter what. Thanks for your support, enjoy the rest of the Euros. ������️*�� https://twitter.com/joeywh1te/status/1409945533704192011

It was in response to a gay fan saying how he felt safe going to watch the game yesterday while being opening gay & wearing make up etc.

The issue i have with this tweet is that it means nothing. It is just words designed to get likes & retweets on social media in my opinion.

The reason i say that is that the next World Cup is in Qatar. A country where it is illegal to be gay. It’s all very well saying fans should be able to watch their club/country no matter what but in 18 months, gay English fans will not be able to watch the game in Qatar, nor any other gay international fans.

So instead of tweeting words that football is for everyone but doing fuck all about it, take action. We all know FIFA & UEFA etc only care about money but if the worlds leading players actually decided to boycott Qatar over gay rights, human rights abuses, the sponsors would walk away as no one wants to watch a World Cup made up of teams where league one players are playing.

Tweeting football is for everyone means nothing.

GP
30-06-2021, 10:02 PM
If Barraco Barner is our president why is he getting involved with Russia? Scary.

Niall_Quinn
01-07-2021, 12:47 PM

I’m not the one who called for hte army to be on the streets at the start of the pandemic to stop selfish people breaking lockdown to then go full 180 and call anyone wanting lockdown selfish.

However on your point about reasonable replacements, in my mind there is only one clear suitable candidate in the Tory party (because lets face it, if Johnson goes it will be because the tory party kick out rather than election defeat) and assuming he stands, it should be Tom Tugendhat.

It baffles me why he is not Foreign Secretary at the very least currently but his knowledge of foreign affairs and tough stances on China & Russia are commendable. He speaks well, especially when you listened to him as chair of foreign affairs select committee speaking after Johnson made a statement, the gulf in class between the two was huge.

He appears to have a deep understanding of how global politics works and who our allies are. I confess i dont know much of his stances on domestic politics as most of his interviews are based on foreign affairs but still, i can assume he will be similar to Cameron then Johnson.

Another person but as he is not an MP but would make a fine PM is Rory Stewart

Even if the claim you made were true - that's a change of opinion, not a complete reversal in philosophy. That's the embarrassing bit I was referring to, made all the worse because the driver was fear rather than knowledge.

WMUG
08-07-2021, 08:52 AM
Just about recovered from the impromptu rave that got set up in Manchester city centre last night. :lol:

Letters
08-07-2021, 08:53 AM
SWEEEET CAROLINE, DAH DAH DAAAH!

Letters
08-07-2021, 08:54 AM
Just about recovered from the impromptu rave that got set up in Manchester city centre last night. :lol:

Socially distanced, obviously :sulk:

WMUG
08-07-2021, 01:06 PM
Socially distanced, obviously :sulk:

Course.

*cough cough cough*

I'm fine.

WMUG
08-07-2021, 01:06 PM
SWEEEET CAROLINE, DAH DAH DAAAH!

Mac76
08-07-2021, 01:46 PM

is anyone else annoyed they've taken our end-of-game song for England though? - Thieves! :sulk:

Letters
08-07-2021, 02:51 PM
*Neil Diamond raises an eyebrow at the use of the word "our"*

WMUG
08-07-2021, 06:35 PM
is anyone else annoyed they've taken our end-of-game song for England though? - Thieves! :sulk:

It was used in plenty of places before we did it :lol:

Mac76
08-07-2021, 07:26 PM

Nowhere i went - so i don't believe you :sulk:

LDG
08-07-2021, 07:44 PM

We nick everyone’s songs.

BoarderDave
09-07-2021, 08:47 PM
I've not been to this forum in over a decade. Is Cripps still a massive wind up merchant? :coffee:

Letters
09-07-2021, 09:22 PM
I've not been to this forum in over a decade. Is Cripps still a massive wind up merchant? :coffee:

We permabanned him in the end for being a massive wind up merchant.

So no.

And well done for remembering your password!

GP
11-07-2021, 04:26 PM
Branson :bow:

Letters
11-07-2021, 04:28 PM
Did he survive?

GP
11-07-2021, 05:27 PM
Sadly

Letters
11-07-2021, 05:33 PM
Tubular Bells :bow:

Letters
11-07-2021, 05:35 PM
Also…

https://newsthump.com/2021/07/05/ceo-who-wanted-tax-funded-bailout-somehow-scrapes-together-enough-pennies-to-go-to-fcking-space/

Niall_Quinn
11-07-2021, 09:32 PM
We permabanned him in the end for being a massive wind up merchant.

So no.

And well done for remembering your password!

He was the designated wind up merchant. Trolls like GP get a free pass though.

The mods will tell you they are impartial.

With a straight face.

Letters
12-07-2021, 01:36 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57804089

:doh:

Letters
13-07-2021, 01:58 PM
Off to space, brb

https://www.omaze.com/products/virgin-galactic-2021

GP
13-07-2021, 03:40 PM
Do they do one way tickets?

Letters
14-07-2021, 04:53 PM
A US politician has lost his attempt to sue Sacha Baron Cohen after the British comedian used a fake paedophile detector device on him in a TV show.

:haha:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57833093

Mac76
14-07-2021, 05:33 PM

So he signed a consent form but saya the ruling "makes no factual and legal sense"

That one's straight out of the NQ playbook of 'how to deny the undeniable' ... :lol:

Niall_Quinn
14-07-2021, 06:08 PM
So he signed a consent form but saya the ruling "makes no factual and legal sense"

That one's straight out of the NQ playbook of 'how to deny the undeniable' ... :lol:

Go on then - there must be many examples if you can write a whole playbook. Money where that wind tunnel is - give an example.

GP
14-07-2021, 07:16 PM

That's the pedo that the other pedo Trump endorsed :lol:

Niall_Quinn
15-07-2021, 01:03 AM
News is that 700K people have stopped paying protection fees to that commie cunt operation the BBC. Haven't verified it. Hope it's true. If it is, maybe we're on the verge of rousting a commie nest of poofs and pedophiles. Fingers crossed.

WMUG
15-07-2021, 07:47 AM
Good morning to you too.

Mac76
15-07-2021, 07:51 AM
Good morning to you too.

someone was on the booze again until the early hours - what a mess...

Marc Overmars
16-07-2021, 09:59 AM
Man, living with the parents again is tough. Even though I moved out 10 years ago, got married, had a kid, I’m still always going to be treated like a baby. <_<

dazthegooner
16-07-2021, 11:10 AM
Yep now matter how old you are you'll always be your parents baby :angel:

LDG
16-07-2021, 07:55 PM
Man, living with the parents again is tough. Even though I moved out 10 years ago, got married, had a kid, I’m still always going to be treated like a baby. <_<

Having built an empire, it’s amazing how my folks will always :rolleyes: if a dish is sat on the side from breakfast.

Fuck off you cunts with your 30k mortgage that you paid of when you were 30.

“We had the same problems..”

Get out baby boomers. You lucked out big time

Niall_Quinn
16-07-2021, 08:49 PM
Yep now matter how old you are you'll always be your parents baby :angel:

As it should be (but increasingly isn't).

Letters
20-07-2021, 06:24 AM
Just in case you’re not sure what to get me for Christmas :cool:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Cutouts-Queen-Elizabeth-Lilac/dp/B006DYH5QY/

Mac76
20-07-2021, 07:26 AM
Just in case you’re not sure what to get me for Christmas :cool:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Cutouts-Queen-Elizabeth-Lilac/dp/B006DYH5QY/

that's a joke right?

please... please tell me it's a joke... :ilt:

Letters
20-07-2021, 07:39 AM

Gwd bless 'er.

(but yes, it's a joke...I mean, it's a real product, but I don't want one!)

Letters
20-07-2021, 08:24 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-57849364

Now Bezos is at it, in his giant space cock :unsure:

Mac76
20-07-2021, 08:52 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-57849364

Now Bezos is at it, in his giant space cock :unsure:

OMG that's almost as big a fuckup as the Toilet-Bowl :haha:

mind you let's not be too hard-on him :rimshot:

Letters
20-07-2021, 09:26 AM
mind you let's not be too hard-on him :rimshot:

tbf, if I was a billionaire I'd probably build a giant space cock too.

GP
20-07-2021, 10:04 AM
Dr Evil did it better.

Letters
20-07-2021, 10:42 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57840801

Americans "shocked" at something which happens basically every day. They must get through a lot of monocles...

Letters
20-07-2021, 05:40 PM
If the Bible has taught us nothing else...etc

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/others/norway-womens-beach-handball-bikini-shorts-b1887065.html