PDA

View Full Version : Super Super Quality Transfer Speculation & Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Xhaka Can’t
19-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Who are you? Perry fricken Mason?

Or Lionel Hutz?

GP
19-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Who are you? Perry fricken Mason?

Or Lionel Hutz?

I move for a bad court thingy.

Joker
19-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Parker would have done the dirty stuff and stopped our midfield being bypassed at ease, which happened too often last season. You could say his technical level is not great, which is fair enough, but our football last season was hardly exhilarating offensively. The quality of our football has been reduced significantly over the last 2 seasons, and given that is the case we could have at least added some more grit to make us hard to beat again.

We have complained regularly how some players in midfield ball watch too often and don't track runners. Parker is someone who won't let an offensive midfielder simply walk past him on the counter attack, he'd track back and had a good tactical mind. We did miss the boat on that one, which is strange because he wouldn't have cost much at all.

With regards to Dempsey, again he's the type of signing who would be good for us. City aren't after him so we can't complain about market distortions, he's relatively cheap, experienced, knows the Premier League and although close to 30 his game isn't based on speed so he probably has a few years left.

People praised the Arteta signing last season, I don't see why Dempsey's being called shit when his profile is quite similar.

Cripps_orig
19-07-2012, 11:10 AM
People praised the Arteta signing last season, I don't see why Dempsey's being called shit when his profile is quite similar.

Cos Artetas already here and Dempsey isnt

Simple as that

I_Killed_Kenny
19-07-2012, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=Joker;165693]Parker would have done the dirty stuff and stopped our midfield being bypassed at ease, which happened too often last season. You could say his technical level is not great, which is fair enough, but our football last season was hardly exhilarating offensively. The quality of our football has been reduced significantly over the last 2 seasons, and given that is the case we could have at least added some more grit to make us hard to beat again.

We have complained regularly how some players in midfield ball watch too often and don't track runners. Parker is someone who won't let an offensive midfielder simply walk past him on the counter attack, he'd track back and had a good tactical mind. We did miss the boat on that one, which is strange because he wouldn't have cost much at all.

Shouldve signed parker years ago when he left chelsea tbh.

Ollie the Optimist
19-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Thats his team. We are talking about him as an individual player

ok as an individual player, he got sent off and our midfield arse raped him and scored 5 goals

Cripps_orig
19-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Oh dear

Ollie the Optimist
19-07-2012, 11:29 AM
why do the english insist on praising players like terry and parker? thye all get praised for being brave and putting in heroic blocks on the goaline etc, but never asked why the fuck they are having to do that in the first place.

for instance, in the euros, terry was praised for ebing brave for a heroic block in the penalty area yet the replay showed that he had played them all onside and had to track back. praised for being brave yet it was his fuck up in the first place. same with parker. over rated, not needed, waste of money

I_Killed_Kenny
19-07-2012, 12:09 PM
he's not overrated. he does a good job, sits like DM should do and not try and get forward like Song. Doesnt expose the back 4 and runs his socks off. may not be technically brill but does a valuable job in a very offensive team. so sometimes he gets caught, doesnt everyone? most games i have watched with him in he is always there in the right place. maybe if we had a player like him patrolling the DM position properly we wouldnt be as exposed as we have been for years! We are linked with that Mvilla and by all reports thats exactly what he does. sits and sits well. parker was a must get years ago for us, big miss IMO

Japan Shaking All Over
19-07-2012, 12:17 PM
why do the english insist on praising players like terry and parker? thye all get praised for being brave and putting in heroic blocks on the goaline etc, but never asked why the fuck they are having to do that in the first place.

for instance, in the euros, terry was praised for ebing brave for a heroic block in the penalty area yet the replay showed that he had played them all onside and had to track back. praised for being brave yet it was his fuck up in the first place. same with parker. over rated, not needed, waste of money

Still What about Dempsey?

GP
19-07-2012, 12:31 PM
he's not overrated. he does a good job, sits like DM should do and not try and get forward like Song. Doesnt expose the back 4 and runs his socks off. may not be technically brill but does a valuable job in a very offensive team. so sometimes he gets caught, doesnt everyone? most games i have watched with him in he is always there in the right place. maybe if we had a player like him patrolling the DM position properly we wouldnt be as exposed as we have been for years! We are linked with that Mvilla and by all reports thats exactly what he does. sits and sits well. parker was a must get years ago for us, big miss IMO

Nah

Ollie the Optimist
19-07-2012, 12:36 PM

a true dm shouldnt really be noticed, look at gilberto. you hardly knew he was on the pitch and suddenly he had the ball. thats a good dm. not one who just runs around a lot and jumps in which is what parker does

I_Killed_Kenny
19-07-2012, 12:44 PM
gilberto also had viera alongside him, parker operates as the lone DM. yes runs about a lot but in the right areas. you dont see him charging round up front, just does his job. dont matter, hes a yid scum now anyway. but we need a player to just sit there basically. song gets too excited and doesnt concentrate enough on his job. if he had a parker type player alongside him like gilrbeto had vieira then fair enough. Song by himself leaves us too open.

GP
19-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Parker is a fraud. A nothing player. And even talking about him is massively off-topic.

Ollie the Optimist
19-07-2012, 12:47 PM
gilberto also had viera alongside him, parker operates as the lone DM. yes runs about a lot but in the right areas. you dont see him charging round up front, just does his job. dont matter, hes a yid scum now anyway. but we need a player to just sit there basically. song gets too excited and doesnt concentrate enough on his job. if he had a parker type player alongside him like gilrbeto had vieira then fair enough. Song by himself leaves us too open.

you obviously have missed the point of arteta then

I_Killed_Kenny
19-07-2012, 12:51 PM
not really. arteta is really an attacking player. he did well last season playing in a deeper position but if song goes wandering around i dont really want my last line of defence being arteta.

I_Killed_Kenny
19-07-2012, 12:58 PM
right, this one of those, my mates mates dads plumbers cousins knows so and so rumours but i got a mate that works at the villa, apparently (lol) theres major talk of us taking darren bent! believe what you will

GP
19-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Not a chance of that happening.

I_Killed_Kenny
19-07-2012, 01:02 PM
wouldnt want it either. but if it did then will definately show that theo will never get to play up top

GP
19-07-2012, 01:22 PM
His best position is obviously coming in from the right anyway.

LDG
19-07-2012, 01:33 PM

I was thinking this the other day.

Whay has he not been given a chance up top by:

a) Wenger
b) Capello
c) Woy

Three half decent managers.

I'd like to see him through the middle, but unless he has someone to play off, and a defence who likes to push up and leave space behind....I'm afraid he's better coming in off the right.

I_Killed_Kenny
19-07-2012, 01:43 PM
yep agree with you guys there. would be interesting to see him play up top with giroud

Kano
19-07-2012, 01:45 PM

exactly. we should have a maurading dm that is more interested in fucking off up the pitch and chipping balls into the box instead of doing his job protecting the back four. i mean, sorting out our defence should not be one of our priorities.

GP
19-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Song isn't a DM. Hasn't been for ages like.

Kano
19-07-2012, 02:06 PM
exactly why we could do with someone like parker to protect the defence

GP
19-07-2012, 02:23 PM
We could do with someone good to protect the defence.

LDG
19-07-2012, 02:50 PM
I thought all the games we lost last year were when Arteta wasn't playing #justsayin

GP
19-07-2012, 03:02 PM
:good:

Arteta is fuckin awesome, but in a way I wasn't expecting.

Ollie the Optimist
19-07-2012, 03:56 PM
I thought all the games we lost last year were when Arteta wasn't playing #justsayin

not qutie, we lost with him too, blackburn away for one.

with the five games we played without him since he signed, we lost them all bar one and that was west brom final day

Flavs
19-07-2012, 05:25 PM

You'd know loljk

GP
19-07-2012, 06:01 PM
You'd know loljk

haha lol

Özim
19-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Dempsey = This years Brave Scotty Parker

Tbf.
Scott Parker was pretty awesome to be fair, we could do with a player as aggresive as him, received plenty of praise last season from many people.

So yes I guess he is this year's Scott Parker.

Özim
19-07-2012, 07:46 PM
not really. arteta is really an attacking player. he did well last season playing in a deeper position but if song goes wandering around i dont really want my last line of defence being arteta.
Precisely, it's a joke people regard him as a defensive player when all he's ever been is an offensive player, I guess in our team where noone can defend he can be regarded a good defender though :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
19-07-2012, 08:22 PM

I'm pretty happy with Arteta - we saw just how effective and important he was to the team when he was out injured. It is incredible how some people here have struggled to understand this.

Look at our record with Arteta in the line up - there was no need whatsoever for Parker.

Özim
19-07-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm pretty happy with Arteta - we saw just how effective and important he was to the team when he was out injured. It is incredible how some people here have struggled to understand this.

Look at our record with Arteta in the line up - there was no need whatsoever for Parker.
He's not a defensive player though and seeing as we conceded a lot of goals last season he has to be part of the reason as well.

We should be using him as Everton used him, he was brilliant for them in an attacking role.

McNamara That Ghost...
19-07-2012, 09:30 PM
He's not a defensive player though and seeing as we conceded a lot of goals last season he has to be part of the reason as well.

We should be using him as Everton used him, he was brilliant for them in an attacking role.

I can think of at least 16 league goals we conceded when he wasn't in the team (for whatever reason) and that's just from four games. We were clearly better when he was playing, I don't think that can even be up for debate.

People won't notice what he contributes defensively more readily because he doesn't run about like an idiot a la Brave Scotty Parker.

Power n Glory
19-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Arteta has three things to his game which makes him effective when sitting deep. Work rate, positional awareness and aggression. But that doesn't make him a defensive midfielder. It's the same as when Song was being used as a defender for us and started to gain some respect on these boards. You can have certain attributes to fill in but it shouldn't be your full time position.

We need a defensive midfielder that has these qualties along with strength and a bit more pace. I remember a game last season against Sunderland where Sessegnon bounced Arteta off his shoulder and then out paced him to rush towards goal. I think he set the goal up. That's why we need a proper defensive midfield player. Plus, I want to see what Arteta has to offer playing further up field. We have no creative outlet from the middle this season and it would be good if he could provide the assists and bang in some goals.

LDG
19-07-2012, 11:32 PM
I can think of at least 16 league goals we conceded when he wasn't in the team (for whatever reason) and that's just from four games. We were clearly better when he was playing, I don't think that can even be up for debate.

People won't notice what he contributes defensively more readily because he doesn't run about like an idiot a la Brave Scotty Parker.

Like he said.

Cripps_orig
19-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will send his scouts to watch Brazilian midfielder Ganso, 22, in their London 2012 warm-up game with Team GB on Friday.
Full story: Daily Mirror

But Wenger will refuse to sell star striker Robin van Persie, 28, to rivals Manchester United.
Full story: The Sun

However, Arsenal have lined up Spanish striker Fernando Llorente, 27, if Van Persie fails to sign a new deal with the club.
Full story: Daily Mail

Our first look at this Ganso dude

Bye

FL Week :bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
20-07-2012, 12:36 AM

Would have taken Parker at the beginning of last year when things were looking very suss, he would not have stopped us being shower raped at Old Trafford but he would have shown a bit more fight. I daid I would have taken him and was disappointed when he became a spud.

But even though we did fuck around still in defence, I thought the team played the season more as a unit and I believe gave us something to build on. Yes that argument has been heard before and the RvP affair is going to disrupt things a tadge but those not seeing Artetas contribution are blind both in attack/sefence and OK lateral movement the guy does his bit.

I dont see him as a DM and if Song isnt too (?) then we need to invest in one. . .I am not wanking over Dempsey because he is this years Parker, I am having a little rummage because I believe he could be the new Arteta.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Our first look at this Ganso dude

Bye

FL Week :bow:

I am getting Wenger's refusal to sell Robin to UTD. Do we sell our best player to an immediate rival, especially when such a sale would make them stronger?

RvP would play a lot for UTD mote than he would for Citeh so it would make some sense to hold him if UTD were the only bidder.

Sell him to Citeh because as with Nasri its no gimme that he will make them stronger or play as much, sell him to Juve because the damage is minimal

Cripps_orig
20-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Man Utd arent really rivals

Would be more worried if we sold to Spuds, Liverpool, Newcastle etc?

Japan Shaking All Over
20-07-2012, 02:16 AM
Which we wont so doesnt matter

Japan Shaking All Over
20-07-2012, 02:33 AM
According to a report from Footy Latest, Arsenal manager Arsene Wegner has made a big offer for Corinthians' midfielder Paulinho, a young, creative midfielder who could make a big impact for the Arsenal attack.

Per the report, "Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is desperate to prove doubters wrong about his ability to attract quality young prospects to the club and maintain Arsenal as a title-challenging team."

While Wegner's conceit may have a small role to play in attempting to lure over Paulinho, his presence on the pitch is of far greater concern. The young Brazilian has scored 22 goals in his past three seasons in his native country, joining names like Neymar and Ronaldinho on last year's Brazilian League Team of the Year. His acquisition won't be easy, though, as Inter Milan has also done their due diligence.

Arsenal is searching for answers in the wake of Robin Van Persie's inevitable departure, and Paulinho would be the perfect complement to what they've already added. In newly signed Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski, Wegner has already acquired players with similar talents to RVP; they like playing north-to-south and are efficient finishers.

But Paulinho brings that South American flair that Arsenal has a paucity of, making creative runs and excelling with quick, controlled dribbling skills.

His creativity, passing ability and vision would all work beautifully with Giroud and Podolski, both of whom are clinical finishers around the net (much better than the guys Paulinho is used to playing with). Whereas English clubs are sometimes foolish in flaunting their embarrassment of riches––that is, signing any and everybody they can afford––this move would be cerebral, making Arsenal a better, more balanced side.

European football is changing ever so subtly, with the Spanish style of play looking increasingly dominant. The game of possession and creativity is replacing the game of precision and strength.

Signing Paulinho would be a sign that Arsenal intends to pioneer the English movement toward the more global style of play, rather than obstinately refusing to adapt.

It will take some cajoling to get him out of his comfortable, native nest at Corinthians, but if Wegner is able to bring Paulinho to the Gunners, it could be a huge coup that returns them to the very top of the Premiership standings.

Interesting complementary article on Paulinho - talks about Arsenal pushing towards global style of playing the game

Flavs
20-07-2012, 07:36 AM
Scott Parker :lol:

No fit to carry Songs chiffon blouse

McNamara That Ghost...
20-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Would have taken Parker at the beginning of last year when things were looking very suss, he would not have stopped us being shower raped at Old Trafford but he would have shown a bit more fight. I daid I would have taken him and was disappointed when he became a spud.

But even though we did fuck around still in defence, I thought the team played the season more as a unit and I believe gave us something to build on. Yes that argument has been heard before and the RvP affair is going to disrupt things a tadge but those not seeing Artetas contribution are blind both in attack/sefence and OK lateral movement the guy does his bit.

I dont see him as a DM and if Song isnt too (?) then we need to invest in one. . .I am not wanking over Dempsey because he is this years Parker, I am having a little rummage because I believe he could be the new Arteta.

He wouldn't necessarily have stopped us getting annihilated, I mean, for one, most of Man Utd's goals were wonder goals and for another, Spuds 1-5 Chelsea, Arsenal 5-2 Spuds.

You don't need a designated 'DM' if you have the rest of the midfield working with disiplicine. And anyway, doesn't anybody notice how many times BSP charges up field for Tottenham to try and support attacks? It doesn't really work out for him because he isn't very good at it but he does do it a lot. He is not a sitter.

I'd have Dempsey because he scores goals from midfield, that's the only reason for me.

I_Killed_Kenny
20-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Arteta has three things to his game which makes him effective when sitting deep. Work rate, positional awareness and aggression. But that doesn't make him a defensive midfielder. It's the same as when Song was being used as a defender for us and started to gain some respect on these boards. You can have certain attributes to fill in but it shouldn't be your full time position.

We need a defensive midfielder that has these qualties along with strength and a bit more pace. I remember a game last season against Sunderland where Sessegnon bounced Arteta off his shoulder and then out paced him to rush towards goal. I think he set the goal up. That's why we need a proper defensive midfield player. Plus, I want to see what Arteta has to offer playing further up field. We have no creative outlet from the middle this season and it would be good if he could provide the assists and bang in some goals.

exactly. i am not underestimating how good a job he did last season at all but being asked to fullfill a different role blunted his most affective attributes which he showed at everton and presumably what we bought him for. we complain about people being played out of position and this is another instance of it but he made the most of it and did well, i will give him that. We still need the proper DM that does the sitting, marking, breaking down and tackling properly and does it as his 1st point of call, getting nosebleeds by passing the half way line etc. Song just isnt disciplined enough IMO

Japan Shaking All Over
20-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Today it was confirmed by @AFCAMDEN who the Euro 2012 winner Arsenal were after, it was none other than Santi Cazorla. Here are some direct quotes from his Twitter to update those that either don’t have it or are not aware of his account:

“The Spanish Euro 2012 winner Arsenal are ‘likely to sign’ Is Santi Cazorla from Malaga. All but had him last summer.”

He was also asked how likely in his own opinion would this deal come through… And he said: “put it like this, I wouldn’t tweet something like that if I wasn’t confident.”

Now this is some great news for Arsenal. I am a big admirer of the Spaniard and will outline an analysis of him soon.

This is very un-Wenger like to buy a player of proven quality; a Euro 2012 winner. Just let that sink in. The magnitude of this deal is mouth-watering. We must also respect the fact that he could cost in excess of £15 million with the season he’s had – a possible transfer record breaker.

With the potential departure of Van Persie, Wenger could be looking to spend that money on an attacking midfielder/winger like Cazorla rather than a striker. This will be interesting as that clearly means he has faith in our new signings Giroud and Podolski to share the burden of scoring goals. That’s something that could be a potential masterpiece or a potential disaster.

It will be an interesting summer for Arsenal fans as this whole transfer window has been full of twist and turns.

Twitter :bow: but shit thought I would post it......Scotty Parker Jack a nory is getting a bit.....boring

I_Killed_Kenny
20-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Twitter :bow: but shit thought I would post it......Scotty Parker Jack a nory is getting a bit.....boring

fair dues, brazil v england today. we been touted as possible destination for Ganso so great opportunity to watch him and his chums batter us lol

McNamara That Ghost...
20-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Malaga are an odd bunch, owned by a billionaire (of course) but hadn't been paying some of their players towards the end of last season. :wacko:

4-3-3
20-07-2012, 09:02 AM
http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/liga-bbva/2012/07/20/santi-cazorla-negocia-con-tottenham-y-arsenal-su-marcha-del-malaga--102272/

Flavs
20-07-2012, 09:58 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18922208

No shit sherlock

LDG
20-07-2012, 10:10 AM
http://news.arseblog.com/2012/07/spanish-press-arsenal-have-bid-for-cazorla/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Looks like the Cazorla rumours have a bit more weight to them.

According to a report in Spanish publication El Confidencial, Arsenal have made a bid for Spanish international winger Santi Cazorla, although they face stiff competition from Tottenham Hotspur who are eyeing the player as a possible replacement for Luka Modric.

Arsene Wenger is understood to be a long-term admirer of the fleet-footed wideman with the boss thought to have lodged a bid for the player last summer while he was still at Villarreal.

Gazumped on that occasion by big-spending-Qatari-owned Malaga, who spent a whopping €21 million, it looks as though the 2007 Spanish Player of the Year will again be on the move with the Andaluscian outfit ready to sell their most high profile stars due to serious financial problems. Last week Villarreal reported Malaga to UEFA claiming that more than €3.5 million of Cazorla’s transfer fee was still owed to them.

Jose Salomon Rondon (also linked with the Gunners this summer) and Nacho Monreal are also set for an exit with reports circling that Malaga have been unable to pay their players in recent months.

Able to play on either wing Cazorla’s acquisition could be seen as pre-emptive cover for the loss of Theo Walcott (should he not sign a new contract) or as a replacement for Andrei Arshavin, whose future at the Emirates still appears uncertain.

LDG
20-07-2012, 10:11 AM
EDIT: Sorry 4-3-3, just seen your post.

GP
20-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Cazorla in surely means Walcott out?

4-3-3
20-07-2012, 10:19 AM
bit of upgrading.

LDG
20-07-2012, 10:27 AM

Likely.

Though we are getting rid of fatshavin too, I presume.

Anyway. Our main problem is getting Koscielny signed up. That'll be the best bit of business this summer :good:

Grebbo
20-07-2012, 10:29 AM
I think the Arab/Malaga dispute was more a case of the Arabs having so much money and so little interest that they forgot to pay certain bills rather than couldn't. They are, after all, absolutely fucking minted.

The Malaga players have since withdrawn their dispute about unpaid wages.

Hope we get him. Will cost 20m+ euros which seems very un-Wenger like.

Need to go in big now before Spurs are flush with Modric cash. Spurs can't do shit until he's sold.

Kano
20-07-2012, 10:54 AM

walcott as a striker perhaps

Cripps_orig
20-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Besiktas are considering the possibility of making an offer for Marouane Chamakh, with the striker looking set to leave Arsenal this summer, according to Milliyet.

The Morocco international, 28, joined the Gunners from Bordeaux in 2010 but has been pushed down the pecking order having scored just one goal in 19 competitive appearances last season.

He is expected to move on at some stage before the August 31 deadline and the Inonu outfit are the latest club to be credited with an interest in ending Chamakh's stint in north London.

With Filip Holosko's anticipated departure coupled with the failure of the likes of Hugo Almeida and Mustafa Pektemek in convincing coach Samet Aybaba of their ability to lead the line, Besiktas have been forced to dip into the market for a striker.

However, a potential stumbling block appears to be the Turkish club's insistence on securing Chamakh on loan, while Arsenal are holding out for a permanent transfer that would see them pocket a fee in the region of €5 million (£3.9m).

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/20/3253618/arsenals-chamakh-targeted-by-besiktas-report

With RVP dead, might as well give him a run in the team again. We were actually very good as a team then rather than a one man show

Japan Shaking All Over
20-07-2012, 11:08 AM

Expecting 100k is a good enough reason if you ask me........

McNamara That Ghost...
20-07-2012, 11:10 AM

He's another Supremely Talented Spanish Midget, meaning it'd probably be in the middle primarily, meaning, Wilshere is deader than tank tops.

Japan Shaking All Over
20-07-2012, 11:14 AM
He's another Supremely Talented Spanish Midget, meaning it'd probably be in the middle primarily, meaning, Wilshere is deader than tank tops.

Tank tops are dead? :upset:

GP
20-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Tank tops are dead? :upset:

Deader than a-line flares with pockets in the knee.

LDG
20-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Deader than a-line flares with pockets in the knee.

Letters :bow:

IBK
20-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Letters :bow:

...AKA the Highbury Squirrel.

Cripps_orig
20-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Tottenham and Arsenal have both made enquiries about Malaga star Santi Cazorla – but have hit a brick wall in the shape of owner Abdullah Ghubn.
The north London clubs are both keen on the highly-rated Spanish winger, 27, but Malaga do not want to sell.
The club’s vice-president and CEO Ghubn is currently on business in Qatar but left strict instructions for his club not to accept any offers in his absence. “We are not a selling club,” he said.
The Spanish newspaper AS says the player has a 45m Euro release clause in his contract but the club are desperate to keep him.

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120720/tottenham-and-arsenal-warned-malaga-star-177014#ue8LxYf68Q1oOqWD.99

Not heard anything about him since 2008 Euros

Cripps_orig
20-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Manchester United fear Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie, 28, will cost £30m as Fergie battles rivals City and Juventus for the star forward.

If we get £30m for him, i'll never bad mouth Wenger again

Power n Glory
21-07-2012, 01:32 AM
If we get £30m for him, i'll never bad mouth Wenger again

That money will sit in a bank! It won't be used this summer.

Syn
21-07-2012, 07:36 AM

That's why I'm never bothered about 'we only got £16m for Henry' or 'we only got 30 for Fabregas' or whatever. If I thought our transfer spending was more closely linked (line, say, Tottenham's definitely is), I'd be more interested. As it stands, whether we lose RVP for 8 or 30, for the fans it's the same difference.

Unai Tea
21-07-2012, 07:49 AM
That's why I'm never bothered about 'we only got £16m for Henry' or 'we only got 30 for Fabregas' or whatever. If I thought our transfer spending was more closely linked (line, say, Tottenham's definitely is), I'd be more interested. As it stands, whether we lose RVP for 8 or 30, for the fans it's the same difference.

You could make the argument that we already spent the RVP money, whatever it might end up being, on his direct replacement(s) - Giroud and Podolski.

But yeah, the bottom line is that we spend next to nothing in net terms on transfers. While that means we are well behind most other teams in the premiership, it also would indicate that we use the money on players sold on more players. Though it may seem like it, we aren't pocketing £20m a year on transfer fees. By the same token, we aren't chucking in an extra £20m per year either.

McNamara That Ghost...
21-07-2012, 08:33 AM

I dunno, £10 million spent of £30 million is better than none of £10 million.

It won't be £30 million though, we didn't get that for Cesc, not a chance of us doing it for RVP.

4-3-3
21-07-2012, 09:41 AM
so we begin the season with

-----song --------arteta------

----------Diaby--------------

and only coquelin on the bench??? scary for me unless wenger planing to use ox in there, he need to buy a midfied asap.

AKBapologist
21-07-2012, 10:37 AM
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/161406.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

sent from a fone

KSE Comedy Club
21-07-2012, 10:59 AM
'the market is very quiet'

More like we can't fuck anybody off because we are either asking too much or were paying them too much for other clubs to match.

Cripps_orig
21-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Zenit interested in taking Arshavin back permanently

Cripps_orig
21-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Ajax are ready to make a move to sign Arsenal winger Ryo Miyaichi on loan for the 2012-13 season, De Telegraaf reports.

The Japan international spent the second half of last term in a loan stint at Bolton, with opportunities in Arsene Wenger's first team limited.

Ajax coach Frank de Boer is thought to be in the market for a new wide-man and missed out on Luciano Narsingh, who recently moved to rivals PSV from Heerenveen.

With Miyaichi having acquired the experience of playing in the Eredivise after a temporary spell at Feyenoord in 2011, the Amsterdam giants are weighing up a move for the 19-year-old.

The decision is believed to be in the hands of Gunners boss Wenger, who will choose whether to keep him in north London or send him to Netherlands to earn more first-team playing experience.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/21/3255646/ajax-want-arsenals-miyaichi-on-loan-report

Bye

Japan Shaking All Over
21-07-2012, 02:12 PM

sent from a fone

I just don't get it....

surely we didnt use the money that must have been given to Wenger for this years transfer budget on Pods and OG? - There must have been surplus from the Cesc/Nas deals

Cripps_orig
21-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Wengers and the Boards pockets were feeling empty

Thats where most of the money went

Unai Tea
21-07-2012, 02:21 PM
I just don't get it....

surely we didnt use the money that must have been given to Wenger for this years transfer budget on Pods and OG? - There must have been surplus from the Cesc/Nas deals

It's not a money issue but rather a squad space for first team registration issue...or so I gather.

Cripps_orig
21-07-2012, 03:05 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/21/3256105/premier-league-clubs-must-up-their-bids-to-land-lewandowski

Possible RVP replacement?

Grebbo
21-07-2012, 03:06 PM
I just don't get it....

We spent about £40m last summer - there's your Cesc/Lesbo money.

Arsenal FC only makes a profit from property deals and player trading.

Without this we make a small loss/breakeven.

It's because our commercial deals are terrible (roll on 2014 expiry date) and our wage bill is gigantic.

"Oh but what about Spurs, they're always buying players and they don't have a sugar daddy" This is often spouted. Spurs' annual wage bill is £30million less than ours. They can spend £30m every year on signings and we'd still have spent the same as them if we signed nobody.

Many fans don't grasp this.

Özim
21-07-2012, 03:35 PM
We have a new excuse ladies and gentleman, squad size :lol:

Not our fault he's filled the squad with sh*t players noone wants! Same old same old, fans are fooled into thinking things have changed!

We never do the necessary and will once again come up well short. Let these guys go on a free if they're not good enough!

Japan Shaking All Over
21-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Nic - Denilson - Arshavin - Chamakh - Squid - Rambo on loan - Vito/Flaps thats 7 or 8

2 strikers - 1 DM - 1 DF - 1 AM - 1 Mid - at least one back up GK - if we brought all that in to replace by like I'd splaff my pants but we would have to spend more than we got.....so aint going to happen

ahh yeah forgot one Mr RvP - funny that........don't consider him around anymore

Cripps_orig
21-07-2012, 03:45 PM
The fact that the likes of Wilshere and Diaby took up 2 of our squad places last season and neither kicked a ball tells you all you need to know about Wengers squad size theory

Özim
21-07-2012, 03:51 PM
The fact that the likes of Wilshere and Diaby took up 2 of our squad places last season and neither kicked a ball tells you all you need to know about Wengers squad size theory
He's always got excuses, I suppose we should give him credit for coming up with brand spanking new ones every season.

Looks like our summer's business might be largely done with, doesn't bode well for next season. We'll get to next summer and some people will still say "he's seen the light, things were different last season, things are going to change"....etc etc etc...happens every summer after our customary end of season collapse.

Ollie the Optimist
21-07-2012, 04:27 PM
given that wenger wants the deadwood out, do you really think he will not just unregister some of them to put new players in their place?

to me the squad size quote says, we cant go out and sign 10 players because we cant play them, but i have no problems in getting rid of the deadwood to the reserves and putting a couple of other players in the squad in their place

Özim
21-07-2012, 04:41 PM
To him they're not "dead wood" they're "dead good" so no I don't think he will unregister players to put new signings in their place. I think he has the perfect excuse for not signing players.

Ollie the Optimist
21-07-2012, 04:44 PM
To him they're not "dead wood" they're "dead good" so no I don't think he will unregister players to put new signings in their place. I think he has the perfect excuse for not signing players.

apart from the fact we've been trying to get rid of them. arshavin, bentner, squallichi etc otherwise they would be on the plane now.

Özim
21-07-2012, 04:49 PM
apart from the fact we've been trying to get rid of them. arshavin, bentner, squallichi etc otherwise they would be on the plane now.
We're not trying to get rid of Arshavin or Bendtner, they don't want to come back so we don't really have a lot of choice.

Squillaci hasn't been mentioned anywhere, as far as I can tell Wenger thinks he's "dead good".

fakeyank
21-07-2012, 04:51 PM

sent from a fone

Mother of God! I was holding back on criticizing him after the signing's of Giroud and Podolski but this bitch is continuing with the same "market is quite", "waiting period", "2% away from domination" etc bollocks again! FFS, somebody beat the shit out of this guy. He is just unbearable!

Ollie the Optimist
21-07-2012, 04:53 PM
We're not trying to get rid of Arshavin or Bendtner, they don't want to come back so we don't really have a lot of choice.

Squillaci hasn't been mentioned anywhere, as far as I can tell Wenger thinks he's "dead good".

so we are getting rid of them then even if they want to go. squallichi has been linked to clubs, he is not going on the tour, so surely that means we dont want him or hte others who havnt gone on tour. otherwise if wenger watned them, they would be on tour to gel with the team.

use some sense please, dont just let your wenger hatred blind you to everything

Özim
21-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Mother of God! I was holding back on criticizing him after the signing's of Giroud and Podolski but this bitch is continuing with the same "market is quite", "waiting period", "2% away from domination" etc bollocks again! FFS, somebody beat the shit out of this guy. He is just unbearable!
The waiting period :lol:

It's a "quiet period" at the moment the "quiet period" before the "waiting period" :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
21-07-2012, 06:08 PM
We're not trying to get rid of Arshavin or Bendtner,

Wrong.

Munchies
21-07-2012, 07:39 PM
This Ganso guy mentioned again,

Arsenal join running for Santos' Ganso
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/161492.html

Mr. Lahey
21-07-2012, 09:24 PM
so we are getting rid of them then even if they want to go. squallichi has been linked to clubs, he is not going on the tour, so surely that means we dont want him or hte others who havnt gone on tour. otherwise if wenger watned them, they would be on tour to gel with the team.

use some sense please, dont just let your wenger hatred blind you to everything

how on earth can you justify Wenger for signing so many players to so many shit contracts??? this is mismanagement on a massive level, wasting millions of dollars on crap, not being able to pay actual top players which in turn effects who we can attract to the club. im dumbfounded why and how some people still make excuses for this mismanagment. that this has been happening continually is unacceptable and there should be no more excuses. this is not a CIty problem, its not a Chelsea problem its a fucking Arsenal/WEnger problem. Wake up pal!

Cripps_orig
21-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Robin van Persie was ordered to miss Arsenal's pre-season tour by Arsene Wenger - and Manchester United have now emerged as favourites to sign the Dutchman, 28, providing the Old Trafford club can avoid a transfer auction.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Manchester United's move to sign Van Persie is hanging in the balance because Arsenal are refusing to budge on their £30m valuation of the Dutch striker.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

Nicklas Bendtner is set to leave Arsenal this week, with the 24-year-old Danish striker a £7.5m target for both AC Milan and Galatasaray.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Ryo Miyaichi, 19, could be set for first-team opportunities at Arsenal after Ajax manager Frank de Boer admitted defeat in his pursuit for the youngster.
Full story: Goal.com

Wenger grew a pair? Impressive

£30m? :haha:

Bye

yay

Cripps_orig
22-07-2012, 12:10 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/21/3256749/miyaichi-set-for-arsenal-stay-as-ajax-drop-interest

More on the Miyaichi story

hobson's choice
22-07-2012, 03:55 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/21/3256749/miyaichi-set-for-arsenal-stay-as-ajax-drop-interest

More on the Miyaichi story

Great more shit hanging around, fantastic news

Japan Shaking All Over
22-07-2012, 06:00 AM
Great more shit hanging around, fantastic news

You always have the choice to leave. . . .

hobson's choice
22-07-2012, 06:31 AM
You always have the choice to leave. . . .

Nicely played:tiphat:

But he's just another average nothing player

Unai Tea
22-07-2012, 08:02 AM

In your humble opinion.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-nicklas-bendtner-1153099

Bender leaving for £7.5m. Still chasing Cazorla. Walcott in negotiations about extending contract.

Cripps_orig
22-07-2012, 09:34 AM

But he's just another average nothing playerPretty much.

He'll be used for the Asian tour we are on atm and then wont be seen again

Master Splinter
22-07-2012, 11:38 AM
He'll be used for the Asian tour we are on atm and then wont be seen again

What about next year's tour?

Özil's Panoramic View
22-07-2012, 11:44 AM
M'vila rumours swirling about again, there are talks of him completing a move to the Emirates within a few weeks.

Cripps_orig
22-07-2012, 11:45 AM
What about next year's tour?

He'll be sold by then to JSAOs team in Japan

And to think. some on GW thought he was better than Theo :haha:

GW :bow:

Master Splinter
22-07-2012, 12:11 PM
GW :haha:.

GW thinks Koscielny's shit too.

And it thinks Nasri played most of his Arsenal career in the middle.

And was actually good there.

Cripps_orig
22-07-2012, 12:14 PM

GW thinks Koscielny's shit too.

And it thinks Nasri played most of his Arsenal career in the middle.

And was actually good there.

:goodpost:

Grebbo
22-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Graham Hunter an English journalist and a correspondent for La Liga has confirmed Arsenal are way ahead of any other club in negotiating a deal for Santi Cazorla.

Hunter when asked on Cazorla: “This is the big story, Malaga are not paying their players or tax to the Spanish F.A.

"Clubs have been aware of this for a long time. Redknapp had a big interest and Tottenham know a lot about the player”

When asked on a destination for star player Cazorla Hunter continued: “However Arsenal are far better placed, they are further down the road, Arsenal are ahead of every club in Europe to sign Cazorla. He’d fit in perfectly at Barcelona but if Arsenal continue pushing they will sign him”

Arsenal have been quietly linked with Santi Cazorla, 27 who can play in an attacking midfield role or on either wing. Cazorla was the standout player in the Malaga side last season.

http://freshfootball.co.uk/#/blog/45...Hunter/3018505

Hope we get him, he's an excellent player and the right age too. We need to get the deal done before Spurs are flush with Modric cash.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-07-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm inclined to believe it to be true but calling Hunter an English journalist wasn't a great start.

Syn
22-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Not much sell-on value - expect little bit lot depreciation given his age. A must avoid.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Every team needs a Supremely Talented Spanish Midget.

Joker
22-07-2012, 08:52 PM
A fantastic signing if it goes ahead. Also would be evidence that Wenger is being serious about trying to compete properly this season, and making fuller use of our resources.

Marc Overmars
22-07-2012, 09:03 PM

Pretty much.

Better than all of our attacking midfielders.

Must get.

Master Splinter
22-07-2012, 09:03 PM

Wilshere was ours.

McNamara That Ghost...
22-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Wilshere is a GHEL.

Syn
22-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Wilshere :lol:

I no longer consider him to have died. Mainly because I'm beginning to think he was never real.

Dicks and chicks
22-07-2012, 09:58 PM

nothing player!? he was great for bolton and feyenoord.

hobson's choice
22-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Looks like Fergie got his man, but damn at that price

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-land-lucas-moura-1154311

Cripps_orig
23-07-2012, 12:14 AM
M'vila rumours swirling about again, there are talks of him completing a move to the Emirates within a few weeks.

Wenger also dismissed talk of a move for Yann M’Vila and said he is already well stocked in midfield.

“No [I am not interested]. We wait on Diaby and Wilshere,” he said. “When you look we have Ramsey, Coquelin, Wilshere, Arteta, Diaby and do not forget, Song can also play there

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-the-tour-will-be-crucial-for-diaby

Cripps_orig
23-07-2012, 12:28 AM
But Wenger hinted he could be interested in Tottenham target Santi Cazorla, who plays for Malaga.

Quizzed whether he was interested, Wenger grinned: “I don’t know this guy!”

Hes not French African so not surprised

Japan Shaking All Over
23-07-2012, 12:37 AM
A fantastic signing if it goes ahead. Also would be evidence that Wenger is being serious about trying to compete properly this season, and making fuller use of our resources.

Agreed because for once we would be getting an AM who actually doesnt mind playing on the wing. . .

Master Splinter
23-07-2012, 12:48 AM
SC week?

I've never been overly impressed with Cazorla, but he's coming off a good season and should be in his prime, theoretically. He could also be the closest thing to Pires we've had since Pires died and Reyes cried. The impending overhaul of our attack is quite intriguing as well of course I must say.

As long as Chamakh, Park, Dennis Bendtner, etc. are here though, there is still the prospect of them also playing there if their riddance doesn't come to fruition.

Bergkampwonderland10
23-07-2012, 05:13 AM
Why haven't we signed this guy yet? Seriously? I really hope something is in the pipeline....am sure an 8million bid would do it. If we sell Bendtner for 8...then spend it on this guy please.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ-NB6S2dq4

Bergkampwonderland10
23-07-2012, 05:17 AM
If we're looking for a winger then man city can pay 20million for van persie and throw in adam johnson.

I've never been overly impressed with Cazorla, but he's coming off a good season and should be in his prime, theoretically. He could also be the closest thing to Pires we've had since Pires died and Reyes cried. The impending overhaul of our attack is quite intriguing as well of course I must say.

As long as Chamakh, Park, Dennis Bendtner, etc. are here though, there is still the prospect of them also playing there if their riddance doesn't come to fruition.

hobson's choice
23-07-2012, 05:42 AM
nothing player!? he was great for bolton
No he wasn't

I_Killed_Kenny
23-07-2012, 11:14 AM
http://www.teamtalk.com/arsenal/7928143/Wenger-rules-out-M-Vila-move

not sure if anyones posted this already but slams the door in mvilla. its ok, we have song who can play there

Marc Overmars
23-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Just get players in who are ready to go now, we've had our hands burnt enough times on the injury front.

If Diaby and Wilshere rise from the dead then all the better for squad depth and competition.

Cripps_orig
23-07-2012, 11:35 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/23/3259503/besiktas-boss-aybaba-denies-interest-in-arsenals-chamakh

Good news

Japan Shaking All Over
23-07-2012, 11:46 AM
If we're looking for a winger then man city can pay 20million for van persie and throw in adam johnson.

Sounds fair. . .I think this guy has immense potential if he were to get a run of games

Cripps_orig
23-07-2012, 12:10 PM
We do need a +1 player now that Velas gone

GunnerFan4Life
23-07-2012, 10:06 PM
carzola news hotting up fast (via twitter)

Cripps_orig
23-07-2012, 11:15 PM
He'll go well with our other Twitter signings

Cripps_orig
23-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is worried he has lost the initiative in the race to land Arsenal striker Robin van Persie, 28.

And Mancini is furious with City's bosses as the much-wanted Van Persie looks set to slip away from him.

Serie A giants AC Milan have opened talks with Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner over a deal to bring the Dane to Italy.
Full story: Metro

City :lol:

Mancini :haha:

From Zlatan to Bendtner? AC :haha:

fakeyank
24-07-2012, 01:43 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-bould-could-be-as-big-as-any-new-signing-

Biggest signing for us this summer! Jokes aside, I do think he will make a host of difference (positive) to our defense

Özil's Panoramic View
24-07-2012, 02:12 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-bould-could-be-as-big-as-any-new-signing-

Biggest signing for us this summer! Jokes aside, I do think he will make a host of difference (positive) to our defense

I am with u on this one, I don't know much about the guy but for some strange reason I think he'll make a noticeable impact on our defense.

Jimmy Valmer
24-07-2012, 02:46 AM
This Cazorla talk sounds too good to be true and I am naive enough to be excited...however it does kinda remind me of the Mate 'transfer' last summer, guess we'll juSt have to wait and see.

Brilliant player though and would definitely improve our team and ad` a new attacking dimension.

Master Splinter
24-07-2012, 05:45 AM
[url]lttp://www.metro.co.uk/stort/football/90

GP
24-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Podolski, Giroud, Cazorla in would be impressive.

Master Splinter
24-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Podolski, Giroud, Cazorla in would be impressive.

Pretty much.

van P€r$i€ :haha:.

Who needs injury-prone, petulant, one-season wonders?

Just get Andy Johnson and we're set for the season.

LDG
24-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Santa Claus :bow:

Syn
24-07-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm not ready to say goodbye to jack. It seems arsene already has. :crying:

Anyway, hope 'we sign this guy.

LDG
24-07-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm not ready to say goodbye to jack. It seems arsene already has. :crying:

Anyway, hope 'we sign this guy.

I would think it says more about saying goodbye to Arshavin. Rosicky is on his way down, we didn't replace Nasri, Diaby is hit and miss etc etc.

It seems more of a considered sensible decision to me.

Jack's still very young. He'll bounce back. Perhaps for once we're making sure he is completely ready before throwing a young body back into the fray.

GP
24-07-2012, 09:01 AM
And if anyone knows anything about young bodies, it's Wenger.

LDG
24-07-2012, 09:06 AM
No! :angry:

Wenger doesn't know anything. He's a bumbling idiot.

He's not even a good paedo anymore.

Globalgunner
24-07-2012, 09:32 AM
On a positive note, it looks like maybe, Maybe the Cazorla thing might be coming to reality

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/23/arsenal-santi-cazorla-malaga

Maybe RVP would do a u turn. Stranger things have happened.

I_Killed_Kenny
24-07-2012, 09:35 AM
looks like utds deal for moura is off now as they wont cough up enough cash. 30m asking fee. anyone seen him play?

GP
24-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Never even heard of him tbh.

I_Killed_Kenny
24-07-2012, 09:40 AM
there seems to be a massive crop of young brazillians touted about at the mo, moura, oscar, neymar, ganso, leandro. only one we get linked with is paulinho who no one else seems to have been linked with, cheap option no doubt!

Globalgunner
24-07-2012, 09:41 AM
looks like utds deal for moura is off now as they wont cough up enough cash. 30m asking fee. anyone seen him play?

Cant blame his club for asking. Anyone who pays more than the reported 20m fee for Anderson should expect to be extorted for any up and coming trickster from Brazil.

GP
24-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Anderson :lol:

He's better than Cesc, you know

Japan Shaking All Over
24-07-2012, 09:52 AM
there seems to be a massive crop of young brazillians touted about at the mo, moura, oscar, neymar, ganso, leandro. only one we get linked with is paulinho who no one else seems to have been linked with, cheap option no doubt!

storngly linked with Ganso tbf.....Paulinho may be cheap but he comes with his own positive reviews....may be one of those Wenger buys that works out well

Japan Shaking All Over
24-07-2012, 09:54 AM
I would think it says more about saying goodbye to Arshavin. Rosicky is on his way down, we didn't replace Nasri, Diaby is hit and miss etc etc.

It seems more of a considered sensible decision to me.

Jack's still very young. He'll bounce back. Perhaps for once we're making sure he is completely ready before throwing a young body back into the fray.

this.

Walcott needs to be careful too......Wenger might be growing back a set! Wenger's balls:bow::sick:

I_Killed_Kenny
24-07-2012, 10:02 AM
storngly linked with Ganso tbf.....Paulinho may be cheap but he comes with his own positive reviews....may be one of those Wenger buys that works out well

Wont get my hopes up about ganso. Just think the price will b too high for us. Wud b nice to get one of the bigger names touted about for once. Hell who am i kidding, i am a gooner n shud get any funny ideas like that outa my head

Japan Shaking All Over
24-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Wont get my hopes up about ganso. Just think the price will b too high for us. Wud b nice to get one of the bigger names touted about for once. Hell who am i kidding, i am a gooner n shud get any funny ideas like that outa my head

We should be buying Carzorla with the money from departures ie Nic/Arshavin.....Walcott? and won't have to use any of the money we get for RvP.....that could be left for Ganso but I know what you mean, one big wedge does not sound like Arsenenal but I don't believe Carzorla will be the last guy in....there is a little bit more and Wenger saying that he wants to have a deadline to when he wants the RvP situation, may be an indication of when our buying will conclude.

Wenger Sets RVP Deadline

23 July 2012
Wenger

Arsene Wenger has hinted that he will not allow Robin van Persie’s transfer saga to drag all the way until the start of the new season.

Van Persie has stated that he does not want to sign a new deal with Arsenal, which means he could leave for free at the end of his contract in 12 months’ time.

Juventus, Manchester United and Manchester City have all made bids for the Gunners skipper, but none of them have yet come close to the London club’s estimation of the Dutchman’s value.

Wenger still maintains a faint hope of keeping van Persie beyond his current deal, but is also cognisant of getting the best price for the striker should he leave.

Wenger also maintains that Arsenal have set an “internal deadline” for when the RVP situation should be resolved, and that is likely to be before the official transfer deadline day.

"Van Persie is a world-class striker and I am a big supporter of him. I have supported him through his whole career. He has one year left and is in demand but our desire is to keep him” Wenger said from Malaysia, where the Gunners are on pre-season tour (without van Persie).

"However, we will do what is in best interest of the club. If you have a decoder in your head you can decode that."

"The official transfer deadline is August 31 but then we can create an internal deadline," Wenger added.

And when asked if Arsenal’s own deadline would be before the end of the pre-season transfer window, Wenger said: "Of course. I believe the transfer market should stop before the season starts anyway."

http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/article/international/wenger-sets-rvp-deadline

I_Killed_Kenny
24-07-2012, 10:43 AM
hope your frigging right mate. would be nice to have a satisfying transfer window even if we do lose RVP. IF we get those 2 our attack and MF will have a fair amount of top quality.

Fist of Lehmann
24-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Anderson :lol:

He's better than Cesc, you know

Anderson is slack mouthed, turd muncher.

True fact.

Globalgunner
24-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Anderson is slack mouthed, turd muncher.

True fact.
and a tubby little butterball to boot

Syn
24-07-2012, 12:32 PM
And a monobrow'd pie-chucker

Japan Shaking All Over
24-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Are we still talking about transfers :blink:

KSE Comedy Club
24-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Someone has posted a pic on twitter of cazorla wearing an arsenal training polo shirt.

It's not a fake either.

http://t.co/AehfQrMc

Kano
24-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Someone has posted a pic on twitter of cazorla wearing an arsenal training polo shirt.

It's not a fake either.

https://p.twimg.com/AymB-4-CAAIhNR-.jpg

http://u.goal.com/139200/139221hp2.jpg

LDG
24-07-2012, 08:28 PM
:haha:

KSE Comedy Club
24-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Suckers :lol:

Twitter :bow:

Marc Overmars
24-07-2012, 09:26 PM

Indeed. :haha:

4-3-3
24-07-2012, 10:14 PM
http://www.arsenalnews.co.uk/arsenal-agree-santi-cazorla-fee-of-16m-with-malaga/link/648433/

too good to be true. refusing to panic until i see it on arsenal.com

Master Splinter
24-07-2012, 10:16 PM
http://www.arsenalnews.co.uk/arsenal-agree-santi-cazorla-fee-of-16m-with-malaga/link/648433/

too good to be true. refusing to panic until i see it on arsenal.com

No Arsenal shirt on Cathorla. Fake.

4-3-3
24-07-2012, 10:21 PM
No Arsenal shirt on Cathorla. Fake.

no, i am talking about the mail article, saying we have agreed 16m fee with malaga.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Arsenal are closing in on the signing of Spain's Santi Cazorla, 27, after the Malaga midfielder agreed terms with the Gunners.

Tottenham have accused Arsenal of making a fake bid for French goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 25, who is a Spurs target.

Arsene Wenger is furious with the Football Association over Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong's tweet charge.

Never been fully convinced by Cazorla but rather him than some French African

Paranoid much? Spuds :lol:

Frimpong is a bit shit anyway

Cripps_orig
24-07-2012, 11:40 PM
ARSENE WENGER is ready to take his spending for the summer to over £40million for the summer — whether Robin Van Persie stays or leaves the club.

Arsenal are now confident of landing £16million Malaga winger Santi Corzola and will make a bid in the next 48 hours.

Cazorla, 27, who played for Spain twice at Euro 2012, is keen to join the Gunners and would become the club’s third signing of the summer.

Lukas Podolski arrived from Cologne for £11m and Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud joined for £12.8m.

But before watching his team score two late goals to win their first tour of the Far East 2-1 against a Malaysia XI, Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis told Wenger he could continue to chase more targets over the next two weeks.

Despite insisting otherwise, Wenger still wants Rennes £17m-rated midfielder Yann M’Vila as he is unconvinced over the fitness of injury-jinxed Abou Diaby.

Wenger is also set to pursue 17-year-old striker M’Baye Niang who plays for French club Caen although he has already seen a £6m bid rejected.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4448583/Arsene-Wenger-Arsenal-will-carry-on-spending.html

Japan Shaking All Over
25-07-2012, 03:21 AM
The Cazorla deal is still a rumour but one that looks more like being true than not and if completed willl see us bring in three international players before the stary of the season. If this deal is completed I would say that we havent done too badly, especially as it seems in previous years we do more stocking of other peoples squads rather than our own.

At the same time we are doing business our way, not breaking the bank, Santi may be 16 mil but 3 for around 40 aint bad considering that is what some clubs are paying for 1. And the ones coming in are quality international players.

Wenger also seems to have grown a pair, playing hard ball with RvP but at the same time insuring we have replacements in case of the last day departure, Malaga havimg fimancial pribs saw him swoop down like a vulture and pick the choicest meat, thank god it wasnt horseface.

I still expect more, we may not do anything with the defence but another DM I think could find their way, as could that Niang, we were quite willing to pay 6 and I think there is more to that story.

A goalie maybe? Unless we are just trying to fuck Scum over, either way its all good

4-3-3
25-07-2012, 10:59 AM
"We bought Giroud and Podolski and I hope that we bought Diaby and Wilshere too, who didn't play at all last season. We will add Wilshere to the squad as soon as possible. But we are not at the end of it [transfers] - we will still bring players in."

yes we bought Diaby and wilshere - for undisclosed fee. :coffee:
but i love it when he says '' I HOPE THAT WE BOUGHT'' coz u cant trust in those two

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-i-want-to-bring-more-players-in

I_Killed_Kenny
25-07-2012, 11:02 AM
most important bit is saying "we will still bring players in". good to hear but will depend on whether that means proper players ready for 1st team or project youth disciples.

Syn
25-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Wenger is a psychopath.

LDG
25-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Wenger is a psychopath.

Japan Shaking All Over
25-07-2012, 01:59 PM
most important bit is saying "we will still bring players in". good to hear but will depend on whether that means proper players ready for 1st team or project youth disciples.

First team ready by the looks of it, with a splaff of YP

Young Guns 11
25-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Chelsea have signed Oscar :(

KSE Comedy Club
25-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Id never heard of him until the chavs wanted to buy him.

So meh.

How much is that they have spent now £80-90m?

GP
25-07-2012, 05:37 PM
http://thelongestlistofthelongeststuffatthelongestdomainn ameatlonglast.com/images3/oscar.jpg

:unsure:

Marc Overmars
25-07-2012, 05:55 PM
Uncle Roman wants rid of the old boys now.

Young Guns 11
25-07-2012, 06:27 PM

So meh.

"The new Kaka"

GP
25-07-2012, 06:33 PM
:lol:

Another one?

Cripps_orig
25-07-2012, 07:38 PM

The new Denilson tbh

McNamara That Ghost...
25-07-2012, 08:24 PM

I expect Big Man to be at the Academy Awards next year.

Grebbo
25-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Does anyone follow AFCAMDEN on twitter? He def works for Arsenal in some capacity.

Knew about Niang's trial and Cazorla a week before the papers picked up on it. Sells a load of players training gear on there too!

If you're gonna follow anyone on twitter it may as well be him

Young Guns 11
25-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Wenger: “I share the opinion of Mikel Arteta - Cazorla is a great player."

:pray:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-07-2012, 11:32 PM
RVP. :lol:

Arteta has Wenget's ear for signings.

Özil's Panoramic View
26-07-2012, 02:01 AM
Wenger is a psychopath.

Hope to one day have the courage to say this on here.

Kano
26-07-2012, 06:55 AM

So meh.

he is supposed to be the dogs nuts.

remember the hype over ganso a couple years back? well that guy has struggled to push on whilst this guy has taken his place.

GP
26-07-2012, 08:12 AM
The new Kerlon :bow:

Flavs
26-07-2012, 08:33 AM
I expect Big Man to be at the Academy Awards next year.

That got a genuine :lol: from me, top class :good:

GunnerFan4Life
26-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Does anyone follow AFCAMDEN on twitter? He def works for Arsenal in some capacity.

Knew about Niang's trial and Cazorla a week before the papers picked up on it. Sells a load of players training gear on there too!

If you're gonna follow anyone on twitter it may as well be him

I follow him, he must SURELY work for arsenal in some way, got to be.

Cripps_orig
26-07-2012, 11:13 PM
I follow him, he must SURELY work for arsenal in some way, got to be.

Is he the one you get all your Arsenal news from on Twitter?

If so, hes been spot on so far tbh

GunnerFan4Life
26-07-2012, 11:14 PM
Is he the one you get all your Arsenal news from on Twitter?

If so, hes been spot on so far tbh

Naaaaaaaa, i get the other one from other people :)

Cripps_orig
26-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Arsenal have targeted £20m-rated Santi Cazorla, 27, as a central playmaker for next term - and are still chasing Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila, 22, and 17-year-old Caen forward M'Baye Niang.

Manchester United and Arsenal are interested in signing 21-year-old defensive midfielder Victor Wanyama from Celtic.

Brazil star Ganso, 22, is ready to snub interest from Arsenal and AC Milan to stay at Santos - despite failing to agree a new contract.

Latest news

Japan Shaking All Over
27-07-2012, 02:30 AM
Latest news

Dont think the Mirror are too far off the mark for once. . .

Can see the Santi deal being completed fairly soonish

M:Vila and our apparent lack of interest is an attempt to force the price down, as the guy obviously wants to cone - how many times have we heard Wenger say he isn't interested only to find we buy the player soon after

Niang will be a last minute buy, although it may demand on Citeh, although any 17 year old who olds out because he expects to get a better salary elsewhere and doesnt think he can keep himself in pimple remover with what we offer can FO if you ask me

KSE Comedy Club
27-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Yep, mvila and cazorla will both be signed within the next two weeks I reckon.

Rennes have now said they would be willing to let mvila leave for 15m euros.

Job done I reckon.

LDG
27-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Yep, mvila and cazorla will both be signed within the next two weeks I reckon.

Rennes have now said they would be willing to let mvila leave for 15m euros.

Job done I reckon.

Where are we going to play all these players without getting rid of a load in the process? :unsure:

Grebbo
27-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Where are we going to play all these players without getting rid of a load in the process? :unsure:

Buy em first and then get rid. Doing it the other way round ends up with a deadline day scramble.

All of our dross will sell/be loaned eventually but probably wont be until end of window.

I_Killed_Kenny
27-07-2012, 10:41 AM
getting players in 1st also may well show the stickarounds that they are definately not wanted and quicked the process of any possible moves they are stalling

LDG
27-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Buy em first and then get rid. Doing it the other way round ends up with a deadline day scramble.

All of our dross will sell/be loaned eventually but probably wont be until end of window.

Hopefully.

I meant more with regards to current personnel too I guess....if we got Father Christmas and M'Aston, it would leave us with:

Arteta
Ramsey
Wilshere
Song
Diaby
Rosicky
Frimpong
Coq
M'Vila
Carzola
Walcott
AOC
Lansbury
Eisfeld

etc etc all vying for 3 to 5 places in the side. Say 8, on the basis of quality back up and benchers.

IBK
27-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Arteta - yes but he has nice hair
Ramsey - needs to go on loan
Wilshere - broken
Song - M'Villa is his understudy
Diaby - broken
Rosicky - too old for regular place
Frimpong - not good enough
Coq - not ready
M'Vila - see above
Carzola - Arshavin replacement
Walcott - Leaving
AOC - RW
Lansbury
Eisfeld

I_Killed_Kenny
27-07-2012, 10:45 AM
The Daily Mail claims Manchester United & Arsenal are interested in signing unsettled Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama

add another potential to the list, never heard of him tbf

GP
27-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Eisfeld, Lansbury, Coq and Dench won't play much of a part.

CC players at best.

Flavs
27-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Le Coq will probably play the first game against Scumderland as Rosicky is Injured and Ramsey is with team GB which means we would start with Song, Arteta and Diaby but c'mon lets face it, Diaby wont be around.

GP
27-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Nuri Sahin is on his way to England do discuss a loan move.

No idea to who.

Shaqiri Is Boss
27-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Nuri Sahin is on his way to England do discuss a loan move.

No idea to who.

It'll be Spurs.

It's always Spurs!

4-3-3
27-07-2012, 11:13 AM
It'll be Spurs.

It's always Spurs!

it make sense, with mondric moving the other way. :coffee:

4-3-3
27-07-2012, 11:16 AM
it make sense, with mondric moving the other way. :coffee:
no wait it doesnt make sense anymore.:console:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2179789/Arsenal-sign-Nuri-Sahin.html

LDG
27-07-2012, 11:22 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2179789/Arsenal-sign-Nuri-Sahin.html

:faint:

McNamara That Ghost...
27-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Sahin. :bow:

Cazorla. :lol:

milla
27-07-2012, 11:25 AM

This would be awesome but it won't happen. :coffee:

4-3-3
27-07-2012, 11:25 AM
:faint:

he gets along well with Podolski, it should be fun.. but we have seen it before with RVP and vermaelen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlZhHVtDhRw&feature=related

Syn
27-07-2012, 11:30 AM
It'd be annoying if there is no option to buy. Hopefully it would be to take the pressure off Jack's comeback but it'll probably mean no cazorla which would be very Arsenal.

IBK
27-07-2012, 11:34 AM
It'd be annoying if there is no option to buy. Hopefully it would be to take the pressure off Jack's comeback but it'll probably mean no cazorla which would be very Arsenal.

That's it folks (re Carzola)!

AKBapologist
27-07-2012, 11:36 AM
http://s9.postimage.org/qegxcdrm5/Sahin.jpg

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
27-07-2012, 11:43 AM

if thats true then im worried for jacks fitness. sahin is a deep lying playmaker/CM. so it either means a) jack is completely fucked b) we don't want m'vila

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
27-07-2012, 11:48 AM

sahin= CM
m'vila= DM
cazorla= AM

but sahin can play alongside song in the DM role, almost like the role gerrard played at the euro's. link play between defence and midfield.

i hope it doesn't mean we don't sign m'vila. hopefully we go for cazorla, m'vila and sahin which are great replacement's for rosicky (who is crocked again), arshavin (who is as good as gone) and ramsey (needs a loan).

Joker
27-07-2012, 11:49 AM
gilbertosilver ‏@gunnerblog

MARCA have retracted the piece that said Sahin would join Arsenal. Corrected to say he will 'probably play in the PL next season.'

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
27-07-2012, 11:50 AM

he's going spurs. probably part of the modric deal. it makes most sense.

Flavs
27-07-2012, 12:07 PM
While I appreciate that Wenger talks deliberate shit to the media he did say we wont be signing M'vila as we have enough box-to-box midfielders

Japan Shaking All Over
27-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Just picked this up from Arseblog......I think this is a very good bit of business

Marca: Sahin set to sign loan deal with Arsenal
By @AAllenSport 12:22 pm · July 27, 2012 · 28 Comments :: 4,649 views
Contracts, Loan players, Players, Transfers, Transfers in · Tagged: featured, nuri sahin, pictures
Nuri Sahin, Pepe

According to Marca, Arsenal are on the verge of striking a deal with Real Madrid to take Turkish international midfielder Nuri Sahin on loan for a year.

The 23-year-old signed a six-year contract at the Bernabeu last summer after moving from Borussia Dortmund, but has struggled to nail a first team place after starting the season injured.

Sahin has been left out of Real Madrid’s recent friendly matches and is tipped to arrive in London and finalise details of a move in the coming days. It is believed that the Spanish giants are trying to use the player as bait in negotiations with Spurs for Luka Modric, but that he isn’t interested in a move to White Hart Lane.

If Sahin does put pen-to-paper on a deal the midfielder would become Arsenal’s third signing of the summer.

More to follow…

http://news.arseblog.com/2012/07/marca-sahin-signs-loan-deal-with-arsenal/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Edinburgh Gooner
27-07-2012, 12:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiZNw92Kzs

Wanyamas best goal from last season. I dont really rate the guy, having seen him quite a bit up here. I really only remeber him for getting sent off against Rangers.

Marc Overmars
27-07-2012, 01:19 PM
QPR sign Junior Hoilett.

They're practically signing a new team. Shows what Hughes thinks of the squad Warnock put together. :lol:

Master Splinter
27-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Hughes is just a slightly better-spoken Fat Sam/Crooknapp.

A proper transfer muppet.

He also looks like Ailsa from Home And Away.

Master Splinter
27-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Wenget on Sahin:

on Nuri Sahin rumours…
We did not sign anybody today, this report is wrong. We are not signing anybody at the moment - we are not close. In the future you never know.

Spanish press :lol:.

Syn
27-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Wenget on Sahin:

Spanish press :lol:.

"in the future, you never know"

Wenger is a psychopath.

Young Guns 11
27-07-2012, 05:10 PM
"in the future, you never know"

Wenger is a psychopath.

:gp:

Wenger lies about everything

Syn
27-07-2012, 05:14 PM
There's nothing malicious or crafty in what he says - to the naked eye ear. He makes it up as goes along.

4-3-3
27-07-2012, 10:11 PM

he's going spurs. probably part of the modric deal. it makes most sense.

i thought the same until my sister asked me wether i think spurs was a big club.:coffee:

Cripps_orig
27-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Juventus have ended their interest in trying to sign Arsenal striker Robin van Persie, who is also a target for Manchester City and Manchester United.

Arsenal will have to pay at least £20m if they want to prise playmaker Santi Cazorla from Malaga.

The Gunners, however, are close to landing Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin on a season-long loan.

Liverpool and Arsenal face competition from Lyon if they are interested in signing defender Mamadou Sakho from Paris St Germain.
Full story:

Arsene Wenger lost his cool when he was asked more questions about striker Robin van Persie's future at the club.

Bye

Cazorla aint coming

Sahin is quality

Would take Sakho as well

Hes losing more than his cool

The Ogg Monster
28-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Massive Bollocks.

KSE Comedy Club
28-07-2012, 09:23 AM
AS reporting that we have made a club record £18m bid for cazorla.

Syn
28-07-2012, 09:38 AM
...and it was turned down.

But Malaga is not willing to facilitate the departure of its star and initially referred to the clause in the player, which amounts to 45 million euros. The club's own coach, Manuel Pellegrini, expressed his rejection of the sale of its football players: "Sell it for 20 million euros is given away, do not think the club is in a position or intention to do so." http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/arsenal-ofensiva-final-fichar-cazorla/20120728dasdaiftb_27/Tes

Grebbo
28-07-2012, 11:38 AM
...and it was turned down.

I think that was our first bid (if you believe the rumours). Our first bid was supposedly 20m euros which is about £15.5m and the above quote says it was rejected. We've now supposedly gone back with a second bid of £18m - sounds like typical Arsenal bidding style.

Grebbo
28-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Sahin Vs Podolski

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_pEj3myo50&feature=player_embedded

Would Moureen, who hates Wenger, loan us Sahin??

KSE Comedy Club
28-07-2012, 11:45 AM
I think that was our first bid (if you believe the rumours). Our first bid was supposedly 20m euros which is about £15.5m and the above quote says it was rejected. We've now supposedly gone back with a second bid of £18m - sounds like typical Arsenal bidding style.

Yep :good:

This is supposedly a second bid syn.

Dennis Bendtner
28-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Sahin Vs Podolski

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_pEj3myo50&feature=player_embedded

Would Moureen, who hates Wenger, loan us Sahin??

Doubt he cares. Gave us Diarra and Gallas when we were in the same league. By all accounts Sahin is nowhere near his plans. I doubt we're really in for him to be honest. Be happy if we went all out for Cazorla if he's the one Wenger's wanted for a few years. Dunno much about him besides being ugly and Spanish, but he consistently makes the international squads so must be quite good.

Syn
28-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Yeah, my reasoning's along the same lines. If you're a midfielder making the Spanish squad these days you've got to be bloody good. €23m represents a serious offer in any case.

hobson's choice
28-07-2012, 03:09 PM
I would be surprised if we actually sign, and we if don't it's not on Gazidis or the fault of anyone at Arsenal this time. When Arabs took over Malaga, Carzola was their big signing, and they wanna be seen as serious club, and not some club that can be pushed around by one of the old guards. So they are gonna play hardball.

Özim
28-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Arsene not close to signing Cazorla:
http://www.iol.co.za/sport/soccer/premier-league/arsenal-not-signing-cazorla-wenger-1.1351097#.UBQJPqC6-RM

Arsenal bid for Cazorla stalls:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/27/3268466/arsenal-move-for-santi-cazorla-hits-the-buffers?source=breakingnews

Cazorla distances himself from Arsenal move:
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/07/26/santi-cazorla-distances-himself-from-arsenal-move/

Malaga pour cold water on Cazorla Arsenal move:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/27/malaga-arsenal-santi-cazorla?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+ %28Football%29

Don't how I feel about this deal, is he just too expensive for us, it's only natural that Malaga would want to make a decent profit on him, he signed for them for 21 million Euros. Is he a realistic target bearing in mind how much they paid for him and how much we're willing to spend?

Dennis Bendtner
28-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Yeah it sounds iffy at best. Arsenal must have been pretty disappointed to miss out last year and didn't expect a sign that he could be available again. But it's this apparent financial problem they're having has probably prompted it. I hope that, if there is any indication Malaga will sell for a fair price, that Arsenal press to complete a deal. It'd be good to sign a clear first choice target instead of a last-minute dip into the bargain bucket (or nothing at all). By all accounts he's a very good player and one of those in the 'attainable' bracket for a club like ours. But hard to know where it's at right now.

hobson's choice
28-07-2012, 04:19 PM
The only way we are gonna sign him, if Carzola takes the initiative, and goes them and says he wants to leave and come to us. Which I don't expect.

Master Splinter
29-07-2012, 05:19 AM
Arsenal capture £15m Santi Cazorla (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2180366/Arsenal-capture-15m-Santi-Cazorla.html?ito=feeds-newsxml)

Arsenal bid for Málaga's Santi Cazorla and close in on Nuri Sahin (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/28/arsenal-santi-cazorla-nuri-sahin?newsfeed=true)

SC Week Back On: GW Exclusive (https://p.twimg.com/AymB-4-CAAIhNR-.jpg)

Flavs
29-07-2012, 07:35 AM
I am not going to believe either until i see it on Arsenal.com

Marc Overmars
29-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Not overly bothered about Sahin, he barely played for Madrid last season did he?

Hope we can tie up Cazorla soon though.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-07-2012, 09:21 AM
He was dead for Real Madrid most of the season but even if he wasn't, I don't think he'd have broken in to their midfield.

Özim
29-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Nothing in those article suggests we've "captured him", here's some bits of the Daily Mail one:

Though Malaga are holding out for £20m, Arsenal hope a debt deadline imposed on the financially-stricken Spanish club will seal the deal.

Arsenal have been hampered by the lack of an authoritative figure to deal with at Malaga, but with the player now set on a move and Qatari negotiators flying in this weekend, there is hope the deal can be concluded swiftly.

Seems to be a lot of hope rather than certainty there.

Sahin would be good but not keen on loan deals, if he does well he'll go back to Real for sure which would be disappointing for us, he's suppose to be pretty talented.

Japan Shaking All Over
29-07-2012, 10:11 AM
I hope we get both of these, would be a big upgrade on our squad of last year.

The Santi saga is following the same path as most of our deals do, complicated and seemingly able to go one way or the other, that I have now got used to. . .

Loaning the odd player is the road we may need to follow, I do think Sahin is a good player but just went to the club with the brighest lights and biggest salary offer. . .and hes not the only one. Would say that he is young enough for us to stick a right to buy clause in, abd it could work out for us.

Anyway two good additions if we pull it off

Ollie the Optimist
29-07-2012, 10:14 AM
the guy on twitter who was first to tell us about carzola has said there is a very high chance of him having a medical with us on monday or tuesday @afcamden