PDA

View Full Version : Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

GP
24-07-2013, 07:47 AM
What are WE smoking?

No John, what were YOU smoking when you signed off on Andy fucking Carroll?

Joker
24-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Personally would prefer Higuain tbh. We can use the extra funds that we would have spent on Suarez to get other top quality players in other positions. I hope Wenger realises that we need to strenghten in midfield and defence as well.
Moreover I wouldn't like a racist at the club. There could well be clashes between Suarez and our black players.

Özim
24-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Well player Wenger well played :lol:

Now stop f*cking about and go and sign a player with a more realistic price tag like Higuain. We won't be doing so but even if we did spending 40+ million on a player and blowing all our budget would be stupid.

Power n Glory
24-07-2013, 08:26 AM
:good:

I wonder if we're still playing poker with Madrid for Higuain.

Just can't see Wenfer blowing 40mil+ on one player.

No way. We’re not playing Poker with Madrid. There is no way we can go back to them and not match their asking price after bidding £40m for Suarez.

Letters
24-07-2013, 08:30 AM

Now stop f*cking about and go and sign a player with a more realistic price tag like Higuain. We won't be doing so but even if we did spending 40+ million on a player and blowing all our budget would be stupid.
You're obviously going to moan whatever we do, even if it's what you wanted us to do all along.

Özim
24-07-2013, 08:31 AM
You're obviously going to moan whatever we do, even if it's what you wanted us to do all along.
I'm not worried about this pipedream Suarez nonsense, we'll never sign him. Do you not agree it would be daft to pretty much blow our whole budget on one player when we actually need 3-4 though?

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 08:32 AM
:lol:

I never envisaged Zim being on the other side of the argument.

Letters
24-07-2013, 08:40 AM
I'm not worried about this pipedream Suarez nonsense, we'll never sign him. Do you not agree it would be daft to pretty much blow our whole budget on one player when we actually need 3-4 though?
We're not going to get 3 or 4 really top players, one 'statement' player would be nice, two would be better.

Özim
24-07-2013, 08:43 AM
I've got no problem with us spending 25 million, but 40 million that's ridiculous. It basically means we're paying out 75 million for a player (including wages) and we can't really afford that if we're going to sign another 2-3 players.

On top of this, this Suarez guy is banned for the 1st 6 games has is a known troublemaker. Personally I think he's very good but somewhat overrated he's not in the same level as the top players in the world and at that price he should be.

Hell if we're going for Suarez we should have gone the whole hog and tried to get Neymar, younger, better, more flare, skill and more marketable.

Özim
24-07-2013, 08:44 AM
We're not going to get 3 or 4 really top players, one 'statement' player would be nice, two would be better.
One player just wouldn't be enough, the squad looks weak.

We need at least 3-4 players, one marquis player isn't going to solve all the other issues, we had RVP (who was better than Suarez IMO) and we never won anything.

Letters
24-07-2013, 08:47 AM
One player just wouldn't be enough, the squad looks weak.

We need at least 3-4 players, one marquis player isn't going to solve all the other issues, we had RVP (who was better than Suarez IMO) and we never won anything.
If we can't afford one £40m player we can't afford two £25m players :shrug:
We're not City or Chelsea, we can't go too nuts.
I don't want Suarez for the reasons you mention but at least it would show some intent.
We have got rid of some dead wood, I don't believe we'll start the season with a squad this thin so I have to believe we're going to do something, but we can't afford 3-4 really big signings. One would at least show we're starting to show more ambition though.

Özim
24-07-2013, 08:49 AM
If we can't afford one £40m player we can't afford two £25m players :shrug:
We're not City or Chelsea, we can't go too nuts.
I don't want Suarez for the reasons you mention but at least it would show some intent.
We have got rid of some dead wood, I don't believe we'll start the season with a squad this thin so I have to believe we're going to do something, but we can't afford 3-4 really big signings. One would at least show we're starting to show more ambition though.
We can afford a 40 million pound player, however signing him would basically kill our chances of signing anyone else who is decent. Would rather we bought 3-4 players. Maybe one for 20-25 million player and maybe a couple more at 10-15 million.

I just think effectively blowing £75 million on one player is stupid unless the player is truly something special with huge marketing potential which would let you recoup much of that from his image (Neymar for example).

GP
24-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Suarez, Cesc, Bernard, Pele and Beckenbauer. All unveiled on friday.

: ollie:

Letters
24-07-2013, 08:56 AM
We can afford a 40 million pound player, however signing him would basically kill our chances of signing anyone else who is decent. Would rather we bought 3-4 players. Maybe one for 20-25 million player and maybe a couple more at 10-15 million.
I'm not sure what sort of players we'd get for that these days though.
The market is so crazily inflated, aren't we going to have to spend silly money to get a marquee signing?

AKBapologist
24-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Falco, Lewandowski, Muniain all better options for similar amount tbh, without the baggage and 6 game suspension.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Falco, Lewandowski, Muniain all better options for similar amount tbh, without the baggage and 6 game suspension.

shoulda just added £9999999 more and gone for Falco tbh, best striker in the world and would have gotten us top 4

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 09:03 AM
munian and lewandowski don't want to go to a club that competes for trophies though falcao clearly doesn't care

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm not sure what sort of players we'd get for that these days though.
The market is so crazily inflated, aren't we going to have to spend silly money to get a marquee signing?

what can 10- 15mil get us? not sure, does anyone think we will spend more than 70mil this summer?

40mil suarez, 20mil bernard ,23 felani, using the gervinho money to fund the deals

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 09:07 AM

Muniain isn't anywhere near a forward/striker and Falcao went to Monaco. :unsure:

He might have a six game suspension but he'd be fresh for the CL qualifying games!

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Muniain isn't anywhere near a forward/striker and Falcao went to Monaco. :unsure:

He might have a six game suspension but he'd be fresh for the CL qualifying games!

6 games is a lot tbh. thats nearly 1/6 a season!

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Not really a problem, we'd just play Podolski/Giroud/Walcott and whoever else for those games, like we did last season.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 09:17 AM
The 3rd round of the capital club is between those 6 games, will that count as one of the 6?

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Yeah it would.

Letters
24-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Not that I think we'd get him but you don't just sign a player for one season anyway.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Not that I think we'd get him but you don't just sign a player for one season anyway.

good point but when the investment is so high you need him right from the off

Keith
24-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Suarez might be banned for 6 league games, but he may help us qualify for CL. Instantly repaying a chunk of his fee. Then he can play in the league from October until his next ban.

It'll be like having RVP back but with bans instead of injuries.

Kano
24-07-2013, 09:31 AM
so if this is true, blow £40m on a player who misses 6 games at the start of the season?

ffs. real title intent that.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 09:33 AM
so if this is true, blow £40m on a player who misses 6 games at the start of the season?

ffs. real title intent that.
6 tbh one of which is a pub team cup game.

He's brilliant so worth it

GP
24-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Suarez might be banned for 6 league games, but he may help us qualify for CL. Instantly repaying a chunk of his fee. Then he can play in the league from October until his next ban.

It'll be like having RVP back but with bans instead of injuries.

10/10 would ban

Grebbo
24-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Why are people concerned about Suarez being banned for 6 games?? We're not going to sign him!

:haha:

GP
24-07-2013, 09:34 AM
http://www.thefootballramble.com/images/blog/arsene.jpg

Özim
24-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Why are people concerned about Suarez being banned for 6 games?? We're not going to sign him!

Of course not, but since we can't talk about real signings we have to talk about hypothetical ones.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, 27, would consider signing for Arsenal if a transfer to Chelsea falls through.
Full story: Daily Mail

Letters
24-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Of course not, but since we can't talk about real signings we have to talk about hypothetical ones.
We do genuinely seem interested in signing some proper quality this summer, which is more than we have been before.
Till we actually do though...

LDG
24-07-2013, 09:55 AM
The dude Bernard looks like a good move, hopefully this comes off. Pacey, good contol, good crosser from what I can see.

Ideally, we want another striker. I'm with Zimm. 25mil would be more than enough for a quality striker, without the baggage. You put players around a goalscorer who can create chances, you don't need him to be RVP or some wonder player. Just someone who works the line, and can take 70% of the chances created.

We need some quality in midfield, and probably a RB (I'm assuming Wenget is moving Sagan insode to CB as cover).

You can get that for 70mil easy.

But it is a pipe dream, as I just have no faith we'll go outside of our comfort zone.

Marc Overmars
24-07-2013, 09:59 AM
I can understand the reservations about him because lets face it, he is scum. But I do think he's an unbelievable player who we'd seriously benefit from having. His finishing is not as good as it could be, although 30 goals last season suggests there is a lot to work with. Then you also have his amazing ability on the ball, he can really make things happen from nothing, ghosts past players with ease and always makes a nuisance of himself. What he did last season is far more impressive than Higuain being served up everything on a plate by Ozil, Ronaldo etc

Sign the bastard up, I'm sure we'd forget about everything once he scores a few worldies. 40m or whatever, I don't care, it's not an extortionate amount for a proven top quality player these days.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 10:07 AM

That really is awful.

The article, as well as your face.

My face will come in useful when I become an infamous sports writer.

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 10:12 AM

:lol: so it's gone from we'd never spend that much, living in cloud cuckoo land etc to what an idiot for spending 40million on one player.

Goalposts shifted again

Power n Glory
24-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Interesting piece from Arseblog this morning. He’s deadest against the Suarez move and it’s understandable but I didn’t realise so many people had mixed views on the transfer. Maybe I should pay attention to Twitter. :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
Surprised Wenger added a pound to make it go over 40 , a penny would have sufficed :lol:

And the Yank Liverpool owner put this out :

What do you think they're smoking over there at Emirates?

He probably shouldn't have put a 40milliom pound clause in suarezs contract then

AKBapologist
Wenger hasn't spent any money yet. The last player he bid on is having a medical in napoli today. So colour me a cynic.

Özim
:lol: so it's gone from we'd never spend that much, living in cloud cuckoo land etc to what an idiot for spending 40million on one player.

Goalposts shifted again
We'll never buy him, so nothing has changed. I wouldn't however want us to blow our entire budget on one player, we need a lot more than that to improve the team.

This is a pipedream signing, Liverpool want 55 million we've offered 15 million less and they don't want to sell. He's not coming, move on.

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Interesting piece from Arseblog this morning. He’s deadest against the Suarez move and it’s understandable but I didn’t realise so many people had mixed views on the transfer. Maybe I should pay attention to Twitter. :lol:

It's really split the fans from what I see, almost 50/50. It's an interesting one, for me, I'd prefer other players like Higuain, but want Suarez over having no one. I won't cheer his name, ill cheer the fact my team scored a goal

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Suarez is quite easily in the top range of attackers, imo. Easily. I don't say strikers because for me he's not really an out and out striker regardless of his actually-very-good scoring record with us; he goes where he likes and does what he likes and that is not always anywhere near the goal.

But in any case, £40m no longer necessarily gets you the biggest names and the biggest talents.

And for not cheering him :lol: Yes you will.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 10:18 AM

Arseblog is a bit shit tbh.

Twitter :haha:

Don't understand why some are against having quality players in this terrible squad.

Grebbo
24-07-2013, 10:23 AM
John W. Henry ‏@John_W_Henry
What do you think they're smoking over there at Emirates?

For me this is the clearest indication that Suarez will not be sold to us. An owner saying stuff like that means it's game over for us IMO.

I can understand why we dropped our interest in Higuain if we thought Suarez was available but we're now in danger of not signing any top striker.

I actually think we wont sign a striker if we can't get Suarez. Instead Wenger will strengthen midfield to try and compensate for Giroud and try again next summer for Surez or whoever.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 10:23 AM
We're not signing anyone of note this summer. Stupid numbers like £40mill, Rooney's £200Kpw wages, etc. All fantasy stuff designed to appease the fans until the window shuts. We already had the best striker in the league. If we can afford £200K for an inferior Rooney then why didn't we pay RvP that amount and keep him here? Then we could have strengthened the team around him this summer in key areas like the midfield, the supposed £70mill could have been used to great effect. We could have changed the whole message, for the fans, the players and our rivals. Instead we sold up and now find ourselves in the ridiculous position of having to bid silly amounts for what we already had. This is as clear an indicator as you can get that all this huffing and puffing around players like Suarez, Higuain and Rooney is a con job.

This summer's business was concluded last summer when we sold RvP. That deal was the real indicator of our intentions. All the rest is bullshit. Anyway, finances don't work like that in business. If you have £70mill this year then you would have anticipated the fact or else you aren't running the business properly. You don't need the money sitting in the bank, you just need to know you have a model that will generate the money at a predictable point in the future. Then you can invest on that basis. That's how we built the stadium, that's how we could be building the team if we were serious about it. Instead these ****s have the fans believing they have a bag of cash ready to spend. They do have the cash, all of their actions suggest it won't be prised from their claws.

server too busy!
24-07-2013, 10:24 AM
The dude Bernard looks like a good move, hopefully this comes off. Pacey, good contol, good crosser from what I can see.

Ideally, we want another striker. I'm with Zimm. 25mil would be more than enough for a quality striker, without the baggage. You put players around a goalscorer who can create chances, you don't need him to be RVP or some wonder player. Just someone who works the line, and can take 70% of the chances created.

We need some quality in midfield, and probably a RB (I'm assuming Wenget is moving Sagan insode to CB as cover).

You can get that for 70mil easy.

But it is a pipe dream, as I just have no faith we'll go outside of our comfort zone.

Ok but in all honesty who would we get for £25m as a striker these days that is available?

From what I can see, we need a striker, a winger, a DM, a CB and GK. The first 3 need to be good quality, £15m+

Bury Da Bwoy
24-07-2013, 10:25 AM
the board are a bunch of fakking clowns

hugain is having a medical today at napoli

server too busy!
We're not signing anyone of note this summer. Stupid numbers like £40mill, Rooney's £200Kpw wages, etc. All fantasy stuff designed to appease the fans until the window shuts. We already had the best striker in the league. If we can afford £200K for an inferior Rooney then why didn't we pay RvP that amount and keep him here? Then we could have strengthened the team around him this summer in key areas like the midfield, the supposed £70mill could have been used to great effect. We could have changed the whole message, for the fans, the players and our rivals. Instead we sold up and now find ourselves in the ridiculous position of having to bid silly amounts for what we already had. This is as clear an indicator as you can get that all this huffing and puffing around players like Suarez, Higuain and Rooney is a con job.

This summer's business was concluded last summer when we sold RvP. That deal was the real indicator of our intentions. All the rest is bullshit. Anyway, finances don't work like that in business. If you have £70mill this year then you would have anticipated the fact or else you aren't running the business properly. You don't need the money sitting in the bank, you just need to know you have a model that will generate the money at a predictable point in the future. Then you can invest on that basis. That's how we built the stadium, that's how we could be building the team if we were serious about it. Instead these ****s have the fans believing they have a bag of cash ready to spend. They do have the cash, all of their actions suggest it won't be prised from their claws.

You can't keep a player if he doesn't want to stay, so its not as easy as that. If he wasn't so intent on leaving he would have remained here.

Niall_Quinn
Suarez is quite easily in the top range of attackers, imo. Easily. I don't say strikers because for me he's not really an out and out striker regardless of his actually-very-good scoring record with us; he goes where he likes and does what he likes and that is not always anywhere near the goal.

But in any case, £40m no longer necessarily gets you the biggest names and the biggest talents.

And for not cheering him :lol: Yes you will.

Bloody won't cheer him! I can't stand Real Madrid.

AKBapologist
24-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Other players Wenger has unsuccessfully bid for.
Götze, Hazard, Mata, Cavani, Navas and I'm sure theres more...

Grebbo
24-07-2013, 10:29 AM

You're assuming RVP would't have just left this summer for free instead of last summer. All the money in the world can't keep a player if he's out of contract and wants to leave. I agree that it is nonsense that we've suddenly come into £70m, we could have spent this last summer and then had a quiet window this summer.

£70m is small change anyway. City have just spunked £100m on an already title challenging team, Chelsea spent £90m last summer and barely finished above us. We need £200m spent to be challengers.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 10:29 AM
You can't keep a player if he doesn't want to stay, so its not as easy as that. If he wasn't so intent on leaving he would have remained here.

He didn't want to stay because he could get more money elsewhere and also end up in a team that's serious about winning trophies. The exact point I'm making. So we could have kept him if we paid him the money (we now claim we'd spend £200K pw on a clapped out Rooney) and indicated £70mill would be spent this summer to bring in the key players required to make us contenders again.

It's all bullshit. Step back and think about this Suarez thing for a minute. £40mill? Us? On a player that is the polar opposite of a typical Wenger signing? Only reason we're after him is because there's zero chance of getting him.

Özim
24-07-2013, 10:32 AM
This reminds me of when we tried to sign Julio Baptista from Sevilla and he came out and said he's not leaving Spain as he wants his Spanish passport and needs to stay in Spain for one more year, Wenger still said we were confident we would sign him :lol:

In a sense this is a perfect Wenger transfer target, someone unattainable he can waste all summer chasing so transfer spending can be kept to a minimum.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 10:33 AM
You're assuming RVP would't have just left this summer for free instead of last summer. All the money in the world can't keep a player if he's out of contract and wants to leave. I agree that it is nonsense that we've suddenly come into £70m, we could have spent this last summer and then had a quiet window this summer.

£70m is small change anyway. City have just spunked £100m on an already title challenging team, Chelsea spent £90m last summer and barely finished above us. We need £200m spent to be challengers.

Would he be leaving on a free if we were building a team around him that included £70mill of new talent and a clear commitment we were going for the title? Arsenal legend in the making, great money, a real shot at winning something? Different picture isn't it? The picture he actually saw was zero investment, no hope, £140K offer when city would have given him twice that much. We don't know for sure but you have to at least make an effort of you want to keep these players. We made zero effort.

Unai Tea
24-07-2013, 10:33 AM

There's no point in trying to outspend Chelsea or Man City or to desire to have as many top quality players as they do. That's just never going to happen. But then Man Utd don't match them either and their squad has fewer names in it. Yet they manage to outplay both. Man Utd has to be our model, not Chelsea/Man City/PSG/Monaco. We will need to spend but it must fit into what we already have and we have to accept that we won't have 2-3 world class or even high quality players at every position.

Power n Glory
24-07-2013, 10:34 AM

It does seem pretty short sighted for us to let RVP go and then offer those wages to a lesser player. We should be rewarding years of loyalty when it comes to topping up wages. Why let a player we’ve developed from youth walk and then give a complete outsider the wages? Also, when RVP sat down to discuss his future with the club, why didn’t they explain that we’d be making major moves like this in this window? It’s all bullshit.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Other players Wenger has unsuccessfully bid for.
Götze, Hazard, Mata, Cavani, Navas and I'm sure theres more...

Yeah, we just got unlucky every time. The intent was real. But unfortunately, only city and the chavs can sign players. It's not like Liverpool have Suarez, for example. It would be impossible for them to get Suarez because of city and the chavs. We can't compete. There is no way we can buy players even though Wenger and the board would love to spend money rather than run the place like a pension fund. You must believe them, they are doing this all for you.

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 10:37 AM
This reminds me of when we tried to sign Julio Baptista from Sevilla and he came out and said he's not leaving Spain as he wants his Spanish passport and needs to stay in Spain for one more year, Wenger still said we were confident we would sign him :lol:

In a sense this is a perfect Wenger transfer target, someone unattainable he can waste all summer chasing so transfer spending can be kept to a minimum.

but if he does get serious about bidding 40 million on one player then hes an idiot for blowing all our budget on one player. yep all your bases covered there for wumming

Grebbo
24-07-2013, 10:37 AM
This whole "Bid £40m and we'll inform the player of the bid" clause makes absolutely no sense at all.

And as the great woman Judge Judy often says 'If it doesn't make sense then it's probably not true'

It's a buyout clause, no doubt about it. No way would Liverpool have got Suarez to sign his new contract without it. My big concern is Suarez is going to have to push this move through and probably get lawyers involved and it'll have to turn nasty for him to join us. I think he'd do this for a move to RM but not to us.

Grebbo
24-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Would he be leaving on a free if we were building a team around him that included £70mill of new talent and a clear commitment we were going for the title? Arsenal legend in the making, great money, a real shot at winning something? Different picture isn't it? The picture he actually saw was zero investment, no hope, £140K offer when city would have given him twice that much. We don't know for sure but you have to at least make an effort of you want to keep these players. We made zero effort.

We'll probably never know but yes, I think there's a strong probability that he'd still have left. Maybe he would have left years earlier if he wasn't constantly injured, he never struck me as the loyal type.

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 10:41 AM
This whole "Bid £40m and we'll inform the player of the bid" clause makes absolutely no sense at all.

And as the great woman Judge Judy often says 'If it doesn't make sense then it's probably not true'

It's a buyout clause, no doubt about it. No way would Liverpool have got Suarez to sign his new contract without it. My big concern is Suarez is going to have to push this move through and probably get lawyers involved and it'll have to turn nasty for him to join us. I think he'd do this for a move to RM but not to us.

if it is a buyout clause then liverpool cant reject the bid if its over 40 million. I cant see arsenal bidding 40 million either just on hope, they will have sounded suarez for a move before bidding, and clearly feel he wants to join or is at least open to joining us so will bid the clause bid to start offical talks. its so confusing this one.

also with real madrid, i dont htink they want suarez, i think they want bale. also hwere would suarez play? they've already got top strikers there, guess that might be a selling point to join us. be the main man etc

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 10:42 AM
but if he does get serious about bidding 40 million on one player then hes an idiot for blowing all our budget on one player. yep all your bases covered there for wumming

Ollie, it's the shareholders doing the WUM routine. Rooney? Serious? Suarez? Next year it will be Messi. It will have to be because the routine is getting ridiculous.

AKBapologist
24-07-2013, 10:42 AM
good news:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23428419

Grebbo
24-07-2013, 10:43 AM
There's no point in trying to outspend Chelsea or Man City or to desire to have as many top quality players as they do. That's just never going to happen. But then Man Utd don't match them either and their squad has fewer names in it. Yet they manage to outplay both. Man Utd has to be our model, not Chelsea/Man City/PSG/Monaco. We will need to spend but it must fit into what we already have and we have to accept that we won't have 2-3 world class or even high quality players at every position.

Funny how Chelsea have made Man Utd's second choice striker their first choice transfer target. Either Mourinho doesn't know how to pick a player or people seriously under estimate how good that Man Utd team is. They're a central midfielder away from having the best team in the country. Their squad is littered with names.

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez wants to hold talks with Arsenal over a potential move to the London club.Suarez believes Arsenal's offer of just over £40m - which was rejected - triggered a clause in his contract that allows him to speak to suitors.
Liverpool interpret the clause differently, but the 26-year-old will inform Reds boss Brendan Rodgers of his wish to meet with Arsenal.
The Anfield side have now turned down two offers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23222924) from the Gunners.
But with Real Madrid forward Gonzalo Higuain, another of their targets, reportedly set to complete a move to Napoli, Arsenal will put all of their efforts into signing Suarez.

Suarez in numbershttp://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/68913000/jpg/_68913828_6710f1e7-fa00-4ff8-b196-222f699948a6.jpg

30 goals in 44 appearances for Liverpool last season
Since joining from Ajax in January 2011 for £22.7m, has scored 51 in 96 appearances
49 goals in 48 games for Ajax the season before joining Liverpool
31 goals in 62 appearances for Uruguay

Following Arsenal's most recent approach, a post on Liverpool owner John Henry's Twitter page (https://twitter.com/John_W_Henry/status/359926622922608641) read: "What do you think they're smoking over there at Emirates?"
It is unclear whether Henry is talking about Arsenal's attempts to sign Suarez or their valuation of the player.
The Gunners' unusual bid of £40,000,001 was designed to trigger the clause in the player's contract that stipulates Liverpool must consider any offer in excess of £40m and give Suarez the option of talking to the club - but the Reds do not have to sell.
While Liverpool remain determined to keep their prized asset, (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23286352) who scored 30 goals for the club in 44 appearances last season, their resolve is likely to be tested if the bidding continues to rise.
Real Madrid remain interested in the Uruguayan but have yet to make a formal offer.
Arsenal are waiting to learn the outcome of the striker's meeting with Rodgers on Liverpool's pre-season tour to Australia before deciding how to proceed.
Suarez could make his first appearance for the Reds this summer on Wednesday, after being named among the substitutes for the friendly against Melbourne Victory.
Should Arsenal persist and have an improved bid accepted, it could come close to trebling their previous highest initial outlay on a transfer.
The Gunners, whose first offer for Suarez was £30m, paid a reported £15m to Zenit St Petersburg for Andrey Arshavin, (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7831046.stm) in January 2009.
Rodgers last week said he considered Suarez to be at least as valuable as Edinson Cavani, who recently joined Paris St-Germain for £55m. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23335325)
Suarez joined Liverpool in Australia (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23401223) at the weekend after flying to Melbourne from Montevideo on Sunday, having been given extended leave by the Reds following the Confederations Cup.
He wants to leave Anfield to play for a Champions League club (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23238708)despite only signing a new long-term deal last summer. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19161455)
Speculation has grown about Suarez's future since he was punished with a 10-game ban at the end of April (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22278258) for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic.
The striker still has to serve six games of that suspension and was also banned in 2011 after being found guilty of racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16186556)
Suarez joined Liverpool from Ajax in January 2011 in a £22.7m deal.

this was just on the bbc. if suarez does want to talk as they say he does, then he must already be open to joining to us, subject to wages and all that. this one is going to run and run

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 10:45 AM
We'll probably never know but yes, I think there's a strong probability that he'd still have left. Maybe he would have left years earlier if he wasn't constantly injured, he never struck me as the loyal type.

Loyalty doesn't enter into it. Money talks with these guys. Money and ego. We claim we have the money now which means we had the money then. Fact is we didn't compete to keep our own captain and right there is the true ambition of this club. Take that ambition and measure it against these transfer sagas, you can see where it's going. The only other alternative is we are so fucking incompetent (after all these years of prudence) we accept in a twelve month period we lose the best and blow £30mill in fees and wages to get an inferior replacement. Bad business whichever way you look at it. It's only good business if the intention is to make profit rather than a football team that can win.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 10:47 AM
this was just on the bbc. if suarez does want to talk as they say he does, then he must already be open to joining to us, subject to wages and all that. this one is going to run and run

Not a single quote in that article other than Henry claiming Wenger is on drugs.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 10:48 AM
I think people are forgetting in this Suarez and RVC talk is that Suarez is actually better and has been doing it for years, not just 2

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 10:49 AM
good news:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23428419
Only good if he joins but we'll offer shit wages

Power n Glory
24-07-2013, 10:49 AM

We'll probably fail to agree personal terms if the bid goes through. :lol:

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 10:50 AM
I think people are forgetting in this Suarez and RVC talk is that Suarez is actually better and has been doing it for years, not just 2

It all comes down to goals with you? No? Passing, crossing, intelligent play, all meaningless. So RvP is better. Of course he's better anyway, without using your simplistic standard.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 10:51 AM

This will get swamped by lawyers. The club says they won't sell, Suarez is on a long deal, there's a clause that represents a field day for the lawyers. This deal isn't getting done unless Liverpool say so.

Munchies
24-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Higuain having a medical with Napoli

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Higuain having a medical with Napoli

Yep, we dodged the bullet.

Ollie the Optimist

probably. saw this last night http://wearethenorthbank.com/arsenal-and-suarez-agree-terms-in-principle . hes been reasonably accuarate before. and 140k a week for suarez is peanuts so cant see that being a problem if true.

Cripps_orig
It all comes down to goals with you? No? Passing, crossing, intelligent play, all meaningless. So RvP is better. Of course he's better anyway, without using your simplistic standard.

It's the most important thing...

Why do you think someone like Messi is considered the best over Ronaldo?

Ronaldos all round game pisses on Messi but the druggie gets more goals.

Anyway Suarez can dribble, pass, work for the team, rarely injured, winners attitude, does whatever it takes to win.

RVC does none of the above

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Ronald's all round game pisses on Messi but the druggie gets more goals.

I've decided not to take you post seriously.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 10:55 AM
I've decided not to take you post seriously.

Clearly never seen the 2 play.

Fair enough

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Literally no one cares about Messi or Ronaldo.

This is about how you won't sign Suarez.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Literally no one cares about Messi or Ronaldo.

This is about how you won't sign Suarez.
We might if we raise our offer to £40m and £2

Özim
24-07-2013, 11:00 AM
It's not a serious bid, it's a bid aimed at making it look like we're trying, so people like you can believe it.

Me wumming, you're the one trying to convince everyone the Suarez deal is a serious one, wake the f*ck up.

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 11:01 AM
It's not a serious bid, it's a bid aimed at making it look like we're trying, so people like you can believe it.

Me wumming, you're the one trying to convince everyone the Suarez deal is a serious one, wake the f*ck up.

bidding 40 million is not a serious bid? its forty million pounds for fucks sake. thats a serious bid.

Munchies
Get Suarez AND Fellaini , and the title is ours.

Cripps_orig

Pretty much

Munchies
24-07-2013, 11:02 AM
bidding 40 million is not a serious bid? its forty million pounds for fucks sake. thats a serious bid.

They got the fucker for £22m , so £18m profit aswell

Cripps_orig
Get Suarez AND Fellaini , and the title is ours.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to the "bid" we made for Fellaini activating his release clause about a month ago?

Özim
We know Liverpool won't accept that, that's why it's not a serious bid.

Munchies
24-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Speaking of which, whatever happened to the "bid" we made for Fellaini activating his release clause about a month ago?

Wenger didn't want to improve his contract of 80k/week.

I remember the frenzy with that, I was genuinely excited that we were going to buy him.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Even when we bid for players no one is happy.

But when we don't spend no one is happy

no one is ever happy

Munchies
24-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Who cares how much Suarez will cost , the board will finally spend some fucking money after 8 years.

Ollie the Optimist

a goal.com exclusive was wrong? never

Cripps_orig

Wenger didn't want to improve his contract of 80k/week

Oh yes, I remember reading something like that.

Another one we can put down on the "never interested in buying but making it look like we are so gullible fans can believe we are trying" list

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 11:05 AM
We know Liverpool won't accept that, that's why it's not a serious bid.

apart from there being a 40 million pound clause in his contract. we dont know what this clause is, but it allows us to talk to suarez. he puts in a transfer request, then the price comes down. its a serious bid

Özim

He had a chat with Wenger, then went back to Everton after his chat. Twas a nice chat by all intents and purposes.

Cripps_orig
a goal.com exclusive was wrong? never

Can't remember where I read it but if it was goal.com then

Goal.com :haha:

McNamara That Ghost...

no one is ever happy

Poetic.

Özim
24-07-2013, 11:06 AM
apart from there being a 40 million pound clause in his contract. we dont know what this clause is, but it allows us to talk to suarez. he puts in a transfer request, then the price comes down. its a serious bid
Nope wrong again, the selling club decide the price not the buying one. They don't even want to sell (except for when we sold Cesc and Wenger decided to ask us to drop the price so he could let his son go home).

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Suarez has just asked Liverpool if he can speak to us. If that clause meant he can talk to us, he doesn't need to ask.

It's a bs clause.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 11:07 AM

no one is ever happy
I'm always happy tbh.

Keep the faith, this could be our last summer under Wenger and then we get our arsenal back

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Poetic.

Its the truth though, Chelsea and man city spend fuck loads, yet all their fans do is moan

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Nope wrong again, the selling club decide the price not the buying one. They don't even want to sell.

They don't always; like anything else, it depends on the circumstances. If it comes to Liverpool risking being in the same situation as last season then they would probably accept say £47 million as opposed to holding out for £50 million.

If a player makes it emphatically clear they want to leave and for one particular club, it does weaken their ability to say, no we want £55 million.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm always happy tbh.

Keep the faith, this could be our last summer under Wenger and then we get our arsenal back

if we buy suarez, bernard and fellani, we will have a strong enough squad to compete

Man city's new signings might not adapt to the EPL
Man united may collapse under moyes, they've lost 2 out of their first 3 pre season games
Chelsea may fuck up due to moriniho's wumming

all in all is also important to take note that this season's premier league will have the highest dispersed amount of talent ever.

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Nope wrong again, the selling club decide the price not the buying one. They don't even want to sell.

they might not want to sell, but these days if a player puts a transfer request in, or releases a statement etc more often then not, player power wins. if he puts in a transfer request, ive read he gives up a 5million pound loyatly bonus or signing on fee or whatever it is, we add on 5 million in add ons about trophies won. deal is worth 50 million to liverpool potentially and a guarenteed 45 million.

take a look at last year, we didnt want to sell van persie, he released that statement, he left. same thing can happen to liverpool. but in this day, bidding 40 milion pounds is a serious bid. if arsenal wanted to bid just to say to fans we tried, they would bid 35 million max.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 11:10 AM
They don't always; like anything else, it depends on the circumstances. If it comes to Liverpool risking being in the same situation as last season then they would probably accept say £47 million as opposed to holding out for £50 million.

If a player makes it emphatically clear they want to leave and for one particular club, it does weaken their ability to say, no we want £55 million.
or if you're arsenal you give into any cheap ass bid

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 11:11 AM
or if you're arsenal you give into any cheap ass bid

Well yeah exactly. And in our case we then bloat the contract with sell on fees and crap like that rather than hold out for bigger fees at first glance.

Özim
24-07-2013, 11:14 AM

Tevez wanted to leave Man City though, he didn't until they wanted to let him. If Liverpool don't get their money they are under no obligation to sell, it really depends on how they want to manage this.

In addition they can try and get other clubs involved by brokering exchange deals perhaps.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Tevez wanted to leave Man City though, he didn't until they wanted to let him. If Liverpool don't get their money they are under no obligation to sell, it really depends on how they want to manage this.

In addition they can try and get other clubs involved by brokering exchange deals perhaps.

The quicker they sell him and look for replacements the better it is for everyone involved

Munchies
24-07-2013, 11:17 AM
This made me :lol:

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000179549183/9782e335e7d6e753e4a6d32604279142.jpeg

Kano
24-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Poetic.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 11:19 AM
bear in mind that signing suarez is good for us in other ways to, it means liverpool will have to go in and break soldado's contract clause leaving spurs with no chance of signing a reasonable striker

Özim
24-07-2013, 11:26 AM
they might not want to sell, but these days if a player puts a transfer request in, or releases a statement etc more often then not, player power wins. if he puts in a transfer request, ive read he gives up a 5million pound loyatly bonus or signing on fee or whatever it is, we add on 5 million in add ons about trophies won. deal is worth 50 million to liverpool potentially and a guarenteed 45 million.

take a look at last year, we didnt want to sell van persie, he released that statement, he left. same thing can happen to liverpool. but in this day, bidding 40 milion pounds is a serious bid. if arsenal wanted to bid just to say to fans we tried, they would bid 35 million max.
Depends on how much the club wants to dig it's heals in, according to what we've heard they don't like what we've done which will make them even more determined not to sell to us. They may even tell Suarez he can leave next summer and to stay one more year. There's ways of keeping players, as with Tevez eventually they realise not playing is doing them no favours and do a u-turn.

He's under contract, Liverpool want a certain amount they could get other clubs involved by proposing swap deals that suit both parties. Not forgetting of course we could easily not agree to Suarez wage demands, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 11:26 AM
We need a lot more than Suarez next season.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 11:27 AM

yeah but that will require in excess of 200million

where is that money gonna come from

Özim
24-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Precisely, but if we did sign him (which we won't) we'd effectively be blowing our whole budget and would see noone else come in.

Higuain made a lot more sense in more ways than one.

Özim
24-07-2013, 11:30 AM
I love this bit on the BBC story:

Suarez believes Arsenal's offer of just over £40m

So he believes, but he's not sure either. His representatives aren't sure, he's not sure and yet they were the ones involved when he signed for Liverpool.

Was this a secret clause you have to uncover in a game of deal or no deal or something?

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Precisely, but if we did sign him (which we won't) we'd effectively be blowing our whole budget and would see noone else come in.

Higuain made a lot more sense in more ways than one.
higuain went for 34 mil

i can't believe he was on 60k pw at rm

Munchies
24-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Higuain had this sense of Arshavin to him, in that he'd be more likely to turn fat and play shit.

Suarez is a proven player over here.

I'd still have Higuain, but Suarez is the better player.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 11:34 AM

And left he has. If Suarez wants to leave then as it gets closer, he'll put more pressure on the club. I can't really work out why you're suggesting clubs hold the power over players, we all know they don't.

Exchange deals are a red herring, in that they rarely occur.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Come on Madrid, pull your fucking finger out.

Özim
24-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Come on Madrid, pull your fucking finger out.
The deal with Higuain is just about to be completed, once that's done they'll come in and buy him.

We're dragging our heels just to make sure it happens.

Özim
24-07-2013, 11:39 AM
And left he has. If Suarez wants to leave then as it gets closer, he'll put more pressure on the club. I can't really work out why you're suggesting clubs hold the power over players, we all know they don't.

He left because they wanted to sell him not when he wanted to, in fact he had to swallow his pride and come back onboard despite his ranting and raving.

As for power, yes players hold power but clubs can do certain things to get what they want, with Real about to come in for him I would suggest Liverpool will get this.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 11:42 AM
He left because they wanted to sell him not when he wanted to, in fact he had to swallow his pride and come back onboard despite his ranting and raving.

As for power, yes players hold power but clubs can do certain things to get what they want, with Real about to come in for him I would suggest Liverpool will get this.

If you mean from previous seasons, then ok but look at Tevez's performance since they kept him (and he fell out with Mancini). Did his performances suffer? And did they let him go at the next available opportunity? I'd say yes to both.

Real Madrid about to come in for him seems to just be made up by most supporters on 2+2 then any real links. I'd suggest they're asking more money for Higuain as it is Bale they are heavily chasing.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 11:45 AM
yeah but that will require in excess of 200million

where is that money gonna come from

They could free up the £74mill+ they have invested in government bonds. They could kick back some of the profits they have been taking over 8 years. Or... crazy as it sounds, one of our two billionaires could stump up some cash.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 11:46 AM

This deal relies on Arsenal spending at least £50mill on fees and wages. Time we all snapped out of it really.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Usmanov would. Kroenke doesn't give a shit.

Time for Usmanov to come home.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 11:47 AM

Kroenke does give a shit. He runs his pension fund with an iron hand.

Özim
24-07-2013, 11:48 AM
If you mean from previous seasons, then ok but look at Tevez's performance since they kept him (and he fell out with Mancini). Did his performances suffer? And did they let him go at the next available opportunity? I'd say yes to both.

Real Madrid about to come in for him seems to just be made up by most supporters on 2+2 then any real links. I'd suggest they're asking more money for Higuain as it is Bale they are heavily chasing.
I think it's also a case of Aguero becoming their go to man, he was better than Tevez thus Tevez had to take a back seat and wasn't as integral as he was before.

I guess we'll find out, I wouldn't it past them to sign both having collected 35+ million for Higuain.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 11:48 AM
This deal relies on Arsenal spending at least £50mill on fees and wages. Time we all snapped out of it really.

That sounds fun.

Özim
24-07-2013, 11:49 AM

Kroenke is still wondering why we don't pick up the ball and run with it.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 11:49 AM
I think it's also a case of Aguero becoming their go to man, he was better than Tevez thus Tevez had to take a back seat and wasn't as integral as he was before.

I guess we'll find out, I wouldn't it past them to sign both having collected 35+ million for Higuain.

If they did get both, they can't do it without selling other players. Di Maria, maybe Oezil, Modric etc. There doesn't seem to be any link from Suarez and Marketing yet so I'm not giving it much thought.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Have we at least sold Bendtner yet? That would be something.

Özim
24-07-2013, 11:51 AM
If they did get both, they can't do it without selling other players. Di Maria, maybe Oezil, Modric etc. There doesn't seem to be any link from Suarez and Marketing yet so I'm not giving it much thought.
Modrid would be the obvious choice, I reckon there's a few clubs who would want him Man U being one when they fail to sign Cesc.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 11:54 AM
It's the obvious choice if you forget they already signed Isco. And Man Utd signing a Liverpool player, Liverpool's best player. :blink:

No.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 11:55 AM

Somebody somewhere in some newspaper was talking about Oezil being a makeweight in the Bale deal.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 11:55 AM
It's the obvious choice if you forget they already signed Isco. And Man Utd signing a Liverpool player, Liverpool's best player. :blink:

No.i think he was talking about Modric.

Although Modrid can be Madrid or Modric.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 11:57 AM
i think he was talking about Modric.

Yeah could be Modric, probably.

Özim
24-07-2013, 11:58 AM
i think he was talking about Modric.

:lol: Yeah I meant Modric!

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Gervinho close to €8m Roma move

The Serie A club are in advanced negotiations with the Gunners over a permanent deal for the Cote d'Ivoire international and could conclude talks in a meeting on Wednesday

Roma are closing in on the €8 million signing of Gervinho following a breakthrough in talks with Arsenal.

A delegation from the Serie A club met with senior Gunners officials in London on Tuesday and will hold a further meeting on Wednesday to resolve the Cote d'Ivoire international's proposed move to the Italian capital.

Negotiations are understood to be progressing smoothly and both clubs are confident of reaching an agreement imminently.

Roma had already offered €8m for Gervinho and discussions with Arsenal are now centred on the structure of the deal.

The Italian club are willing to match the player's £50,000-a-week (€58,000) Gunners salary.

The north Londoners are willing to let Gervinho go this summer as they clear the decks for a number of marquee signings, with Luis Suarez and Marouane Fellaini on top of their hit list, while the club have also expressed serious interest in Cesc Fabregas and Wayne Rooney.

Olympique de Marseille have also declared their interest in taking the wide forward on a season-long loan but Arsenal would prefer a sale.

Gervinho did not fly out with Arsene Wenger's squad for their pre-season tour of Asia, which the club claim was due to sickness, although this conveniently allowed the player to stay behind to hold talks with his principal suitors.

New Roma boss Rudi Garcia coached Gervinho for two seasons at Lille before the attacker joined Arsenal in 2011, and he remains an admirer of the 26-year-old.

Marseille offer the prospect of a return to the French league for the attacker, should Roma not close the deal with Arsenal.

:pray:

Fist of Lehmann
24-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Have we at least sold Bendtner yet? That would be something.

http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2013/07/23/bendtner-blames-arsenal-for-failure-to-find-new-club/

Can't we just execute him and say it was an accident?

Özim
24-07-2013, 12:17 PM
:pray:
Hope this is true, the squad really is going to look threadbare at the end of this cull though and with us seemingly intent on wasting all summer chasing this pipedream signings are we in for another panic buying day?

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Hope this is true, the squad really is going to look threadbare at the end of this cull though and with us seemingly intent on wasting all summer chasing this pipedream signings are we in for another panic buying day?

gareth barry is coming home

Dicks and chicks
COME ON SUAREZ SIGN FOR US YOU RACIST SON OF A BITCH

Dicks and chicks
come onnnnnnn

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 12:22 PM

Youth will be given a chance.

Youth project will be resurrected.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 12:23 PM
http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2013/07/23/bendtner-blames-arsenal-for-failure-to-find-new-club/

Who'd believe us?

Munchies
24-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Suarez assisting for the LFC goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLRkuwWkFxg

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 12:26 PM
He played in the confederations cup and is on tour with Liverpool.

Why the fuck are we pussy footing around with Cazorla then?

He hardly played this summer yet gets extra time off.

Shaqiri Is Boss
24-07-2013, 12:26 PM
At least pretend to look happy FFS.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 12:29 PM
loool

Grebbo
24-07-2013, 12:31 PM

He's probably pissed that he might have to join Arsenal

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 12:34 PM

He doesn’t want to play, he just wants the money.

That's our Nick. The only man on the planet who was never at fault for anything.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm a big fan of lady's arse

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 12:58 PM

the only link i have seen is that they are only willing to pay 25 million for him. also talksport today were saying taht they believe bale is madrids target, and cash from higuain goes to that. i hope thats true but there have been more noises about bale to madrid then suarez to madrid.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 01:00 PM
the only link i have seen is that they are only willing to pay 25 million for him. also talksport today were saying taht they believe bale is madrids target, and cash from higuain goes to that. i hope thats true but there have been more noises about bale to madrid then suarez to madrid.

Bale is what the fans want (when they ran a poll on who they wish to see join), it's who Perez wants and probably who Zidane wants too.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Bale is what the fans want (when they ran a poll on who they wish to see join), it's who Perez wants and probably who Zidane wants too.

they could just make a monster bid for bale and forget about suarez.

either way suarez is coming home

Munchies
24-07-2013, 01:19 PM
The thing with Bale is that he can pretty much play in any attacking position really so that could make them move for Bale instead.

Suarez said he wanted out of England due to the media, but seeing how he has started to think of moving to us, I'm starting to think that Real wont move for him.

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 01:20 PM

zidane wants bale i think. there were stories around at end of last season that he wanted to go all out for bale

edit - heres a sky news article from june after a quick google search.

Zinedine Zidane says Gareth Bale should tell Tottenham Hotspur that he wants to leave if he feels it is the right time to move on.

The Welshman has been linked with a big-money switch this summer after a sparkling Premier League campaign when he was crowned Player of the Year.

Real Madrid are interested in signing Bale and Zidane, sporting director at the Santiago Bernabeu, has reiterated that they would not be afraid to spend heavily to secure his services.

But the Frenchman also thinks that Bale could speed up the process by speaking to his club bosses and requesting a departure.

"If Gareth feels now is the time to move then he has to have a private discussion with his club and express that he wants to leave."
Zinedine Zidane
"I think Real Madrid have made their admiration of Gareth Bale very clear - and it has been made clear that we would not be put off by the cost of the player," Zidane told the Sunday People.

"But if Gareth feels now is the time to move then he has to have a private discussion with his club and express that he wants to leave."

Tottenham's failure to qualify for the UEFA Champions League increased the speculation about Bale's future and his agent recently refused to rule out a move to Spain.

However, Bale has always been quick to declare how happy he is at White Hart Lane and has previously spoken of how much he enjoyed playing under Andre Villas-Boas last term.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 01:26 PM
The thing with Bale is that he can pretty much play in any attacking position really so that could make them move for Bale instead.

Suarez said he wanted out of England due to the media, but seeing how he has started to think of moving to us, I'm starting to think that Real wont move for him.
did real even really want suarez?

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Who are Reals first team strikers?

Benzema and that's it I think. They might have a couple of pubbers who can play there but no star quality and Suarez is miles better than Benzema.

Özim
24-07-2013, 01:32 PM

Benzema and that's it I think. They might have a couple of pubbers who can play there but no star quality and Suarez is miles better than Benzema.
Yup they're short up front to be honest.

Suarez makes sense for them having sold Higuain.

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Yup they're short up front to be honest.

Suarez makes sense for them having sold Higuain.

both bale and suarez scored 30 goals last season. so with that, it sort of comes down to who madrid wants more, rather then which posistion they want. there have been more noises about bale then suarez. just going by most reports, they want bale rather then suarez.

Özim
24-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Bale isn't a striker.

Suarez is.

They just sold a striker and have bought Isco, Asier Illarramendi and Casemiro.

This suggests they need a striker more.

Will probably sign Suarez and go after Bale next summer if anything.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Bale isn't a striker.

Suarez is.

stop with your senseless posting

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Bale isn't a striker.

Suarez is.

i dont think its quite as simple as that. you put bale on left, ronaldo on the right doesnt matter who up front, you will get goals. just going by what i read, talksports spainish reporter seems more convinced of them going for bale then suarez.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 01:41 PM
I think Bale might give it one more year at Spuds, see how they do in terms of CL qualification and then go next summer

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 01:41 PM
i dont think its quite as simple as that. you put bale on left, ronaldo on the right doesnt matter who up front, you will get goals. just going by what i read, talksports spainish reporter seems more convinced of them going for bale then suarez.
imagine bale and ronaldo on the same team

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 01:42 PM
imagine bale and ronaldo on the same team

Would be awesome

McNamara That Ghost...

Ronaldo is always going to be one of the front three. They have a few young ones, like Morata.

Dicks and chicks
Would be awesome

imagine if we had bale and ronaldo.

Özim
I'm inclined to agree, it's been quite quiet on the Bale front recently, they might have got him to agree to one more year.

Time will tell I guess.

Özim
24-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Ronaldo is always going to be one of the front three. They have a few young ones, like Morata.
Don't think Ancellotti will be interested in young unproven players, he won't have time to develop them he needs success now.

Dicks and chicks
I'm inclined to agree, it's been quite quiet on the Bale front recently, they might have got him to agree to one more year.

Time will tell I guess.

STAP IT suarez is coming to us

Ollie the Optimist
here we go, found the talksport link

Spanish football expert Graham Hunter says Gareth Bale is Real Madrid's top target and they aim to fund a move for the Tottenham winger by selling Arsenal target Gonzalo Higuain for €40million.
Real have also been linked with a move for Liverpool's Luis Suarez this summer but Hunter, speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, said: "Bale is their priority. He's younger, he's taller, he's quicker. In some ways Bale resembles Cristiano Ronaldo's athleticism and power and Suarez doesn't.
"There's no doubt he [Suarez] is on Real Madrid's menu. He is just further down the list."

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/sports-breakfast/130724/hunter-bale-real-madrids-priority-not-suarez-202281?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz2ZyDkA9e3
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/sports-breakfast/130724/hunter-bale-real-madrids-priority-not-suarez-202281?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#DfsRortQCDEtpHvI.99

also on those links, is the clip on him speaking so you can listen to it.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 01:44 PM
here we go, found the talksport link

also on those links, is the clip on him speaking so you can listen to it.

suarez is coming home then

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 01:45 PM
imagine if we had bale and ronaldo.

Both could have been

Özim
We'll see, I wouldn't put it past them to sign both. Looking at their team though they have plenty of players in midfield at the moment but not many up front.

AKBapologist
Higuain arriving at Rome today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hxqzEeX4eYs
Gunna crack when he scores against us at the emirates cup next month and we've still signed fuck all.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 01:46 PM

Time will tell I guess.

What? He was on the front page of yesterday's Marca.

Munchies
24-07-2013, 01:47 PM
Higuain arriving at Rome today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hxqzEeX4eYs
Gunna crack when he scores against us at the emirates cup next month and we've still signed fuck all.

Both of those cases are likely.

Lmfao sounds like they're calling him Piggy :lol:

LDG
What? He was on the front page of yesterday's Marca.

McNamara That Ghost...
Don't think Ancellotti will be interested in young unproven players, he won't have time to develop them he needs success now.

He'll come on as a sub a few times but that's not really what I was saying anyway. Just saying, that's who they have, if you don't consider Ronaldo to be a striker.

Özim
24-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Both of those cases are likely.

Lmfao sounds like they're calling him Piggy :lol:
BS he's been seen at the Emirates.

Munchies
24-07-2013, 01:48 PM
@Lord_Sugar

Arsenal bid for Suarez might breach PL rules. How did they know about clause in his contract about above £40m. Liverpool should complain

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 01:49 PM
We'll see, I wouldn't put it past them to sign both. Looking at their team though they have plenty of players in midfield at the moment but not many up front.

i would, no way can they afford to spend 100 million on transfer fees alone. 60 for bale, 40 for suarez and only have sold higuain for 30. plus they've already spent 60 odd million already. so that would be 160 million spent,30 odd recouped. not going to happen.

however, going by noises from spain at the moment, its all about bale. htye want him, apparently agreed 6 year deal, hardly any mentions of suarez and the mentions i have seen, is that they will only pay 25 million for him.

Özim
He'll come on as a sub a few times but that's not really what I was saying anyway. Just saying, that's who they have, if you don't consider Ronaldo to be a striker.
Ronaldo plays like a striker without actually being one.

Even if he is that only leaves them with 2, one injury and they're screwed up front.

Cripps_orig
Sugar is right tbh

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 01:50 PM
@Lord_Sugar

Arsenal bid for Suarez might breach PL rules. How did they know about clause in his contract about above £40m. Liverpool should complain

Breaching PL rules to read papers. :lol:

Özim
i would, no way can they afford to spend 100 million on transfer fees alone. 60 for bale, 40 for suarez and only have sold higuain for 30. plus they've already spent 60 odd million already. so that would be 160 million spent,30 odd recouped. not going to happen.

however, going by noises from spain at the moment, its all about bale. htye want him, apparently agreed 6 year deal, hardly any mentions of suarez and the mentions i have seen, is that they will only pay 25 million for him.
This is Real Madrid we're talking about, anything can happen with that club.

Real spending that kind of money is more feasible to me than us spending 70+ million on one player.

Ollie the Optimist
Sugar is right tbh

how? arsenal could read the papers, put that extra £1 in, see if the clause is real. nothing wrong with that

Özim
24-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Read the papers are you serious? :lol:

Do you know how much BS is printed in the papers? Perhaps they bid £40,000,001 on Football Manager as well just to make sure.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 01:51 PM
how? arsenal could read the papers, put that extra £1 in, see if the clause is real. nothing wrong with that

Anyway this clause thing is bs. Stupidest clause ever

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Ronaldo plays like a striker without actually being one.

Even if he is that only leaves them with 2, one injury and they're screwed up front.

They wouldn't be screwed, slight exaggeration there. They regularly score over 100 goals so one injury is not going to be a catastrophic for them, if it occurs and assuming they don't sign Bale.

LDG
24-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Breaching PL rules to read papers. :lol:

I'm sure Suarez's agents have nothing to do with the leak of information. They're quite happy for him to stay put, and wouldn't whisper a thing.

Grow up Sugar you fuckin barrow boy ****. 1-1 at Newcastle.

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 01:53 PM

Do you know how much BS is printed in the papers?

yes i do know how much bullshit is printed in the papers, but what im saying is, arsenal could have heard of that clause, added on the £1 to see if its true. if it isnt, oh well, if it is, well done.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 01:54 PM

Do you know how much BS is printed in the papers? Perhaps they bid £40,000,001 on Football Manager as well just to make sure.

The point is, we know the same information as Arsenal (apparently) and we didn't have to be talking to Suarez's agent in order to achieve it. Sugar should shut up.

If there has been a breach, it's kinda hard to prove.

Grebbo
@Lord_Sugar

Ask him if it's still 1-1 at Newcastle.

More intriguing than us knowing about a player's contract is how the hell did Sugar get so rich from selling shit computers 30yrs ago??

Ollie the Optimist
Anyway this clause thing is bs. Stupidest clause ever

i agree. but i cant see suarez putting a clause in like this that means nothing. there has to be something more to this one

Cripps_orig
I'm sure Suarez's agents have nothing to do with the leak of information. They're quite happy for him to stay put, and wouldn't whisper a thing.

Grow up Sugar you fuckin barrow boy ****. 1-1 at Newcastle.

GP
yes i do know how much bullshit is printed in the papers, but what im saying is, arsenal could have heard of that clause, added on the £1 to see if its true. if it isnt, oh well, if it is, well done.

Or his agent told us.

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 01:55 PM
This is Real Madrid we're talking about, anything can happen with that club.

Real spending that kind of money is more feasible to me than us spending 70+ million on one player.

i dont think even they could spend 160 million (and thats a cheap estimate) in one summer and only make back 30 million. thats in transfer fees alone, add in wages and its even higher. just not going to happen. it will be bale or suarez. not both, and the noises in spain suggest bale not suareaz

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 01:56 PM
i agree. but i cant see suarez putting a clause in like this that means nothing. there has to be something more to this one

It's not a minimum release fee clause that's for sure and if it isn't that then what's the point?

I'll ask Suarez when he's at the Emirates

Özim
24-07-2013, 01:58 PM
It's not a minimum release fee clause that's for sure and if it isn't that then what's the point?

Be careful he doesn't bite your arm off.

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Arsene Wenger has gone back with a fresh approach for Luis Suarez, writes John Cross in Hanoi - and Arsenal are ready to test Liverpool's £40million contract clause.

It puts the Gunners firmly in pole position on Suarez, because Real Madrid have insisted they will not pay more than £25m for the striker- which will be nowhere near enough.

Liverpool have already rebuffed Arsenal's opening gambit of £30m plus £5m in add-ons with a strong message that the 26-year-old Uruguayan is not for sale at any price.

But it is understood Suarez's representatives are making encouraging noises to Arsenal, and other potential suitors, suggesting that if a bid of £40m is made then Liverpool will have to sell.

The north Londoners, who believe this will be a big week for their transfer plans, are trying to maintain dialogue with Liverpool - who are starting a Far East pre-season tour of their own - over Suarez and are hopeful a bigger offer will be accepted.

The Anfield giants remain adamant that if a £40m bid is made they do not have to sell but must inform Suarez, who is understood to now be ready to consider a move within the Premier League.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-arsenals-luis-suarez-2060488#ixzz2ZyHXVyTH
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

heres the mirror reporting the madrid to only pay 25 million for suarez. its from a few days ago.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 01:59 PM
@Lord_Sugar

They read the newspapers?

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 02:00 PM

it will be one for the lawyers. i just cant see a player putting in a 40 million pound clause that just means he is told of a bid. it makes no sense to him, nor to liverpool either. hes told of bid and wants to leave, decides he wants to go the club who bid and liverpool say we want 55 million. nothing happens, just player stays and is pissed off.

Munchies
24-07-2013, 02:00 PM
i dont think even they could spend 160 million (and thats a cheap estimate) in one summer and only make back 30 million. thats in transfer fees alone, add in wages and its even higher. just not going to happen. it will be bale or suarez. not both, and the noises in spain suggest bale not suareaz

Didn't they sign Ronaldo and Alonso and Kaka in the same window ?

They always seem to have the money to spend

GP
24-07-2013, 02:01 PM
More like Sesame Street!

Özil's Panoramic View
24-07-2013, 02:04 PM

Goalposts shifted again

Ffs Zimm!

In full agreement with Ollie here.

Özim
24-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Suarez ain't coming dude, but I do think blowing your entire budget on one player when the team needs several isn't very clever.

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Suarez ain't coming dude, but I do think blowing your entire budget on one player when the team needs several isn't very clever.

You kept saying we needed a world class striker to replace van Persie. I had this debate with you the other day when I was saying it was better to buy three players last year and you said we needed to get a world class striker in and you would rather watch us have world class players anyway.

Now you are saying dont get the world class striker get good players instead. You've changed your whole argument

Özim
24-07-2013, 02:13 PM
You kept saying we needed a world class striker to replace van Persie. I had this debate with you the other day when I was saying it was better to buy three players last year and you said we needed to get a world class striker in and you would rather watch us have world class players anyway.

Now you are saying dont get the world class striker get good players instead. You've changed your whole argument
World class players don't all cost 40+ million.

We do need a goalscorer yes, but there were others around who were much better value than Suarez who also happens to be banned for 6 games.

Signing one player to replace a player we lost last summer isn't going to make a massive difference, we'll be back to where we were with RVP and that is still not good enough. We need 3-4 world class players, they don't have to cost 40 million.

Grebbo
24-07-2013, 02:18 PM

Why do you think it's our whole budget?

Arsenal spending £40m on a player is very hard to believe so it's not out of this world to think we'd buy other players as well.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 02:18 PM
we have 30 mil left and sanogo

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 02:20 PM
World class players don't all cost 40+ million.

We do need a goalscorer yes, but there were others around who were much better value than Suarez who also happens to be banned for 6 games.

Signing one player to replace a player we lost last summer isn't going to make a massive difference, we'll be back to where we were with RVP and that is still not good enough. We need 3-4 world class players, they don't have to cost 40 million.

thats the exact opposite of what you were arguing the other day :lol: goalposts firmly shifted,

we need a world class striker. rooney, surarez and higuain seem to be the only ones we could sign this summer. higuain hasnt happened for whatever reason but by all accounts was going to cost 35 million after madrid dicked around. (id much rather sign higuain this sumemr then any other striker as well) so its between rooney and suarez. i guess you go for suarez really. hes a better player.

these days though world class players mostly go for 25 million. so 3-4 would cost between 75-100 million anyway. i also wonder with suarez, how much of it is a statement too. we signed cazorla last year who is a very very good player, but because he was only 12 million ( i know malaga had money troubles but i doubt there would have much more excitment if we got him for 20) there wasnt much excitment. you sign a suarez, rooney etc people sit up and take notice.

Özim
24-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Why do you think it's our whole budget?

Arsenal spending £40m on a player is very hard to believe so it's not out of this world to think we'd buy other players as well.
40 million plus wages (those are all factored in), all in we're talking 75 million plus on one player. Based on that I can't see us spending any more.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 02:25 PM
40 million plus wages (those are all factored in), all in we're talking 75 million plus on one player. Based on that I can't see us spending any more.

bernard is coming home

Özim
24-07-2013, 02:25 PM
thats the exact opposite of what you were arguing the other day :lol: goalposts firmly shifted,

we need a world class striker. rooney, surarez and higuain seem to be the only ones we could sign this summer. higuain hasnt happened for whatever reason but by all accounts was going to cost 35 million after madrid dicked around. (id much rather sign higuain this sumemr then any other striker as well) so its between rooney and suarez. i guess you go for suarez really. hes a better player.

these days though world class players mostly go for 25 million. so 3-4 would cost between 75-100 million anyway. i also wonder with suarez, how much of it is a statement too. we signed cazorla last year who is a very very good player, but because he was only 12 million ( i know malaga had money troubles but i doubt there would have much more excitment if we got him for 20) there wasnt much excitment. you sign a suarez, rooney etc people sit up and take notice.
No it really isn't, we need world class and a top striker would be great, but not as a single signing...the squad is threadbare as it is. If we signed Suarez and noone else I don't see how we would suddenly become a great team, we had RVP (who I rate higher than Suarez) and never came close to challenging, in fact he carried us in his last season. What we need is a few quality players around the pitch, not one sole big name signing.

Cazorla is excellent and does make a difference, there was little excitement because he wasn't high profile really. There's also a big difference between 25 million and 40 million, as I said if we we're going to pay 40 million for Suarez why not go all out and get a superstar like Neymar for 8 million more who is much more lucrative marketing wise.

Nothing about this Suarez thing makes sense, from the amount bid, to the fact he's banned, to the fact he wants to go abroad on top of everything else. That is why I'm convinced this will never happen and will in fact just hinder our chances of strenghtening the team in the end.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 02:30 PM
No it really isn't, we need world class and a top striker would be great, but not as a single signing...the squad is threadbare as it is. If we signed Suarez and noone else I don't see how we would suddenly become a great team, we had RVP (who I rate higher than Suarez) and never came close to challenging, in fact he carried us in his last season. What we need is a few quality players around the pitch, not one sole big name signing.

Cazorla is excellent and does make a difference, there was little excitement because he wasn't high profile really. There's also a big difference between 25 million and 40 million, as I said if we we're going to pay 40 million for Suarez why not go all out and get a superstar like Neymar for 8 million more who is much more lucrative marketing wise.

Nothing about this Suarez thing makes sense, from the amount bid, to the fact he's banned, to the fact he wants to go abroad on top of everything else. That is why I'm convinced this will never happen and will in fact just hinder our chances of strenghtening the team in the end.

bernard will most probably sign, and i can see us getting in another midfielder and defender in, wenger isn't stupid

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 02:31 PM

the squad van persie carried was imo weaker then the one we have now, so signing suarez makes us stronger then the team with van persie and yes i do agree van persie is the best striker , but suarez as a player is second best striker in the premiership IMO. and also van persie only gave us one fully fit season, so thats also why we might not have challanged as much.

in terms of the squad, with van persie. the forward line was him, theo, chamkh, bentner. assuming we get suarez, its him, giroud, podolski, theo. thats much better.

in midfield, we've added cazorla. jack and ramsey have devolped more, ox too. rosicky looks brilliant everytime he plays, arteta is fantastic too. add in bernard instead of gervinho (if that happens) again we look stronger. also, we can spend on midfield, i htink we should. but i wonder if we are waiting for fabregas, thats 25 million pound deal if united get a bid accepted. now i know you will say why come here, we dont win trophies, but it seems suarez is interested in joining us, and he won a trophy with liverpool. also you have fellani buy out clause for 22 (?) million. we can get both suarez and a midfielder. i think we would challenge then

defence. well its the same defence really but after last season not much to be worried about compared to other areas. it was fantastic last year. opta put this stat out yesterday, only two teams won every game they took the lead in last season. one of them was us. so we can defend leads, its getting leads that are the problem. focus money on attack then.

using your neymar point, hes completely unproven in the league. so suarez is a better shout.

server too busy!
24-07-2013, 02:42 PM

Your forgetting the millions of wages we've saved on getting rid of deadwood, can't discount that as well. Wasn't that £20m or so a year?

Özim
24-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Your forgetting the millions of wages we've saved on getting rid of deadwood, can't discount that as well. Wasn't that £20m or so a year?
Yeah I have a sneaky feeling they won't count that though.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Apparently we are talking to Suarez now

Özim
24-07-2013, 03:17 PM
What are we saying? Have we asked him what this 40 million clause is?

McNamara That Ghost...
24-07-2013, 03:21 PM
He's on his way!

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 03:29 PM

Hopefully he won't figure out the £200K is per year rather than per week.

LDG
24-07-2013, 03:32 PM
They won't sell for less that 50m anyway. They need that amount to buy Andy Carroll back.

Ollie the Optimist
24-07-2013, 03:33 PM
They won't sell for less that 50m anyway. They need that amount to buy Andy Carroll back.

40 up front, 5 in add ons, get Suarez to transfer request forgoing five million singing on bonus. Deal =50 million

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Dick Law to be replaced by Ollie?

LDG
24-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Dick Law to be replaced by Ollie?

We'd end up with Louie Spence.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 03:43 PM
We'd end up with Louie Spence.

Walter Mitty, Billy Liar and Tony Blair dream team.

Seymour Butts
24-07-2013, 03:57 PM
we have 30 mil left and sanogo

Should be able to get Fellaini and Cesar for that - job done unless Wenger decides he needs another CB with Verm being injured

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Should be able to get Fellaini and Cesar for that - job done unless Wenger decides he needs another CB with Verm being injured

We need enough for a gk, CB, lb, DM, am and striker

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 04:23 PM
We need enough for a gk, CB, lb, DM, am and striker
Gk- not really

CB- Miquel can play there
LB- Miquel can play there
Dm- Fellaini
AM- Nah
Striker-Miyachi 4th Choice

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Gk- not really

Stopped reading there

Master Splinter
24-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Gk- not really

CB- Miquel can play there
LB- Miquel can play there
Dm- Fellaini
AM- Nah
Striker-Miyachi 4th Choice

Exactly right.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Exactly right.
really? or are u being sarcastic

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 04:29 PM
... insert any text here...

Stopped reading there

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 04:30 PM
akopm will want out now that suarez is here.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 04:32 PM

Bye

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 04:32 PM

Trying to pretend Suarez is here will just make the inevitable harder to bear. Forget it and go and watch our best player Schweinsteiger playing on SSP1

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Trying to pretend Suarez is here will just make the inevitable harder to bear. Forget it and go and watch our best player Schweinsteiger playing on SSP1
he will come here because no one else wants him.

Niall_Quinn
24-07-2013, 04:35 PM
he will come here because no one else wants him.

Bastien? He's already here you blind idiot!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-07-2013, 04:39 PM
I am not fussed about the goalkeeping situation at all, well actually to be fair it would be nice to be rid of Flappy and get a number 2 of advanced years who can keep Szczesny under pressure for his place. But it's not going to be Julio Cesar he's never going to want to be a bench warmer.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 04:39 PM
I am not fussed about the goalkeeping situation at all, well actually to be fair it would be nice to be rid of Flappy and get a number 2 of advanced years who can keep Szczesny under pressure for his place. But it's not going to be Julio Cesar he's never going to want to be a bench warmer.
Doubt he will be.

He'll be first choice

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
24-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Doubt he will be.

He'll be first choice

Not if we don't sign him he won't be....
I think Sczcesny played well since he came back after being dropped and i think it would be ridiculous and fickle minded to drop him
If Joe Hart doesn't get dropped after his cacophany of clangers i see no reason for Sczcesny to go either.

Dicks and chicks
24-07-2013, 04:48 PM
I think Sczcesny played well since he came back after being dropped and i think it would be ridiculous and fickle minded to drop him
If Joe Hart doesn't get dropped after his cacophany of clangers i see no reason for Sczcesny to go either.
bring mart poom back from retirement tbh

Munchies
24-07-2013, 04:59 PM
AVB declining to talk about Bale
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8838713/tottenham-boss-andre-villas-boas-has-no-further-news-on-gareth-bale

Move to Real on ?

If he was staying, he'd have come out and say by now.

Cripps_orig
24-07-2013, 05:00 PM

He was alright but ultimately he's not good enough