PDA

View Full Version : Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Power n Glory
07-11-2014, 02:09 PM
We don't have enough threads slaughtering Ramsey.

Would you have a problem if this was about Podolski and not Ramsey?

Dein-machine
07-11-2014, 03:00 PM
More of an observation than sending him to the slaughterhouse in fairness, not often Wenget echos the thoughts of the fans but he's done so here.

What if he's finally taken to criticising his own players because of the inner paranoia that comes now that he's finally realised that he isn't very good anymore.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-11-2014, 03:16 PM
I don't mind Ramsey having some arrogance to his game because all the best players have it, it's just got to be managed properly.

Quite pleased Wenget has spoken about this in public tbh.

Time for Ramzi to step up with a Big Man moment in his country on Sunday.

Everyone needs to step up to be fair (well everyone bar Alexis)

Mertesacker needs to be more aggressively aerially and beat Bony to the ball

Ramsey needs to play for the team and not for himself and his goal tally

Both he and Flamini need to stop being caught in Possession, in doubt hoof it out

Welbeck needs to stop dropping deep, keep making the runs and Cazorla and Ramsey need to find him

Niall_Quinn
07-11-2014, 03:53 PM
Would you have a problem if this was about Podolski and not Ramsey?

I don't have a problem. The fans queueing up to pile on Ramsey have the problem. The guy's coming back from an injury, he's getting his form back. Everyone jumping on his case is counter-productive. One of Wenger's best traits has been his refusal to throw individuals to the wolves. It's interesting the guy can say a hundred positive things and get laughed out of the room. The first negative thing and suddenly Wenger needs to be listened to, suddenly he knows. I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to speak about the team, of course he does. I'm more amused at the people who hate him suddenly hanging on his every word.

Niall_Quinn
07-11-2014, 03:55 PM
What if he's finally taken to criticising his own players because of the inner paranoia that comes now that he's finally realised that he isn't very good anymore.

This is more likely. Arteta was the front man after that draw that was really a defeat. Wenger seems to be hiding. He should have been front and centre taking the responsibility for that collapse because he's the common factor in a long list of collapses.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-11-2014, 04:06 PM
I think in fairness Ramsey's performance served as a microcosm for what we did wrong as a team in that game

But even before the injury he was performing poorly, and no World Cup fatigue to use as an excuse

Dein-machine
07-11-2014, 04:18 PM
I don't have a problem. The fans queueing up to pile on Ramsey have the problem. The guy's coming back from an injury, he's getting his form back. Everyone jumping on his case is counter-productive. One of Wenger's best traits has been his refusal to throw individuals to the wolves. It's interesting the guy can say a hundred positive things and get laughed out of the room. The first negative thing and suddenly Wenger needs to be listened to, suddenly he knows. I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to speak about the team, of course he does. I'm more amused at the people who hate him suddenly hanging on his every word.

I must be one of his worst critics on here but I don't hate him. However, if he had joined us 3 years ago, was taking out 8 mill a year whilst bringing in players like Flamin, Sonogo & the dodgy Swede, then telling us that we are title contenders then I would hate him. This simply means I don't hate because of the past. I don't however listen to him at all anymore, I find it quite embarrassing especially if I'm with mates who support other teams. He has the money to NOT have players like Monreal, Merts, Flamini, Arteta, Giroud in the starting 11 but he continues to firmly believe he can compete at the top with 5 or 6 players in our starting line up that wouldn't even make the subs bench of the top teams we're up against.

Niall_Quinn
07-11-2014, 04:28 PM
There are a couple of people on here who seem to hate him. I don't include those who think his time is up and he ought to move on, which is just about everyone from what I can see.

Power n Glory
07-11-2014, 05:01 PM

But where's your defence when fans 'round' on Podolski, Chesney, Sanogo, Cazorla or whoever else has had a bad performance? Where's your own restraint when it's not one of your favourite players?

The interesting thing about Ramsey's case is the fact that Wenger has spoken about his role in public. It's rare, it's different and I won't criticise him for that when it's an opinion most of us already shared before Wenger went public. It's not hanging on his word. Am I supposed to slate Wenger for it? What often pisses people off is his bland explanations or excuses for poor performances and it's not helped his case because he comes off like he's totally clueless and delusional.

There should be no exceptions when we're performing badly. I don't see how you can talk about this team needing a kick up the backside each week but willing to excuse one of our top performers for ignoring the managers instructions and having a mare.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-11-2014, 05:28 PM
But where's your defence when fans 'round' on Podolski, Chesney, Sanogo, Cazorla or whoever else has had a bad performance? Where's your own restraint when it's not one of your favourite players?

The interesting thing about Ramsey's case is the fact that Wenger has spoken about his role in public. It's rare, it's different and I won't criticise him for that when it's an opinion most of us already shared before Wenger went public. It's not hanging on his word. Am I supposed to slate Wenger for it? What often pisses people off is his bland explanations or excuses for poor performances and it's not helped his case because he comes off like he's totally clueless and delusional.

There should be no exceptions when we're performing badly. I don't see how you can talk about this team needing a kick up the backside each week but willing to excuse one of our top performers for ignoring the managers instructions and having a mare.

The post match press conferences don't bother me, it's not like I'd watch them to derive any meaningful information and his bland excuses just tend to be manager speak because he won't go public with stuff like admitting he's made a mistake.
His problem is stubborn adherence to his principles, the three title winning sides were exceptional but they cannot be replicated and that's what he doesn't accept.
And the board don't really care if he can replicate his past success because somehow he's still giving them stability.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
07-11-2014, 05:31 PM
The only positive thing I can say for Mourinho (because for me he is a revolting little narcissist) is that whatever I think of him he gets the best out of his players, this Chelsea side work incredibly hard especially in contests with their rivals.

Wenger doesn't get the best out of his players because as much as I'm sure most of the players their like him, I'm not sure they respect him....in days past most creative players dreamed of having Wenger as their manager because he would allow them to realise their full potential.

Now days I think he is too busy shoe horning players into this Barcelona lite system, and only guys like Alexis have the presence of mind to think "I'm just going to use my best attributes as a player the way I was coached to by Pep and Tito"

Power n Glory
07-11-2014, 05:52 PM
The post match press conferences don't bother me, it's not like I'd watch them to derive any meaningful information and his bland excuses just tend to be manager speak because he won't go public with stuff like admitting he's made a mistake.
His problem is stubborn adherence to his principles, the three title winning sides were exceptional but they cannot be replicated and that's what he doesn't accept.
And the board don't really care if he can replicate his past success because somehow he's still giving them stability.

Oh yeah, we never usually get any useful information out of Wenger for press conferences. I gave up on waiting to see a reaction a long time ago. But when you correlate the interviews with his stubborn attitude, team selection and tactics, it's suggests maybe he's not playing his cards to his chest and is just tactically poor and a bit delusional. His approach with the press doesn't fill me with any confidence at all and it's partly why I feel he's really out of touch on the tactical side. Oblivious to our flaws.

saintnickle
07-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Why didn't wenger make the required changes during the game and give instructions to ramsey in the second half to sit in at time and not bomb forward.Good managers tend to do that you know rather than sitting on his hands in the dugout and saying nothing.Managers can change the tactics during the match to adapt to what the opposition are doing ,well some can anyway.

Letters
08-11-2014, 07:47 PM
http://www.espnfc.com/club/arsenal/359/blog/post/2132462/arsenal-are-the-most-frustrating-club-in-the-world-to-support-iain-macintosh

:d

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-11-2014, 09:13 PM
I just want to make it clear I fucking hate wenger.

Munchies
09-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger brands Paul Merson 'a joke' for his outspoken attack on club's defence

Merson, who is now a television pundit, had described Arsenal’s defending in the 3-3 against Anderlecht in the Champions League last Tuesday, when they surrendered a 3-0 lead to draw 3-3, as “tactically clueless,”. Wenger inherited Merson as a player when he took over at Arsenal in 1995 but sold him to Middlesbrough the following year.

The Frenchman hinted he had found managing Merson an exasperating experience. He said: “I managed him. I tried. I’m not interested in Paul Merson.”

In his criticism on Tuesday, Merson had accused Arsenal of being “like an under-12 team, all bombing forward.”

Wenger responded: “These debates I hear are a joke, a farce. People who have managed altogether zero games [Merson was briefly in charge of Walsall], they teach everybody how you should behave. It’s a farce.

“Honestly, I cannot even be upset about it. People criticise without any proven fact, just because they love to criticise. It’s much more about bitterness than any real objective facts.”

Oh dear Wenget :doh:

It's getting to him

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
09-11-2014, 09:05 AM
I just want to make it clear I fucking hate wenger.

Really? I'd never have guessed

Three league titles and five FA cups means hating him is just not an option for me, but in the ruthless football world he has stayed too long and whilst I don't think he's destroying his legacy entirely (like Clough at Forest) we are as stale as the French loaf in my bread bin under his management. 4th is fine but really only as a firm foundation for a new man to build on

Marc Overmars
09-11-2014, 09:36 AM

It's getting to him

Well Arsene, the only fact is we blew a 3 goal lead against a nothing team. Of course that's going to attract extreme criticism and it will only get worse if we don't win today.

Injury Time
09-11-2014, 10:05 AM

It's getting to him
Tbf Mersey is wrong, we got our arses handed to us because we stopped "bombing forwards" and relied on our "defensive character and strength" :rolleyes:

GP
09-11-2014, 10:10 AM

It's getting to him

Have you ever seen Soccer Saturday?

Merson is a joke.

Penguin
09-11-2014, 10:59 AM
Tbf Wenger's not wrong. Merson calling someone else clueless? :haha:

Yes Paul, you're obviously qualified enough to spout out shit like that from your extensive experience of managing at the top level. :rolleyes:

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Really? I'd never have guessed

Three league titles and five FA cups means hating him is just not an option for me, but in the ruthless football world he has stayed too long and whilst I don't think he's destroying his legacy entirely (like Clough at Forest) we are as stale as the French loaf in my bread bin under his management. 4th is fine but really only as a firm foundation for a new man to build on

Clough's legacy hasn't been destroyed though, has it? He'll always be remembered as one of the game's most colourful characters and the guy who took Nottingham Forest to the pinnacle of the club game - twice. Yep, there's other shit that's not so impressive, but nobody can take his achievements away from him. They are in the record books. Real achievements too - not Buy It Now stuff like a chav or a gypo would harp on about.

Wenger's legacy as the guy who presided over the most entertaining brand of football ever seen (in any league) is safe too.

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Wenger can't really complain if pundits, whose job it is to create and then feed off controversy and hype, open their gobs and spout shit. If he really didn't care then he'd leave it well alone. Merse won't be "bitter" though, not sure where Wenger gets that from. Frustrated, pissed off, like the rest of us, but not bitter. Not like that other guy, that nobody - can't remember his name, the one who is always trashing Arsenal. He's gone a bit quiet lately. It's a laugh listening to him. It's a laugh listening to Merson too. These things need to be taken in the spirit they are intended, comedy.

Xhaka Can’t
09-11-2014, 12:51 PM

It's getting to him

Tbf, Merson is a joke as a pundit.

He was a good Arsenal player and I enjoyed his book. But when I put it down, it was the last I wanted or needed to hear anything he had to say.

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Tbf, Merson is a joke as a pundit.

He was a good Arsenal player and I enjoyed his book. But when I put it down, it was the last I wanted or needed to hear anything he had to say.

He's also fat.

Xhaka Can’t
09-11-2014, 12:58 PM
He's also fat.

Alcoholic drinks tend to be high in calories.

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Alcoholic drinks tend to be high in calories.

Would have thought that starving having blown every penny down at the bookies would compensate?

Globalgunner
09-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Would have thought that starving having blown every penny down at the bookies would compensate?

That's why he's a pundit now. Basically singing for his supper.
We get has no defence however. We were found out by a third tier team. Today is hopefully not another shit fest.

Xhaka Can’t
09-11-2014, 01:25 PM
That's why he's a pundit now. Basically singing for his supper.
We get has no defence however. We were found out by a third tier team. Today is hopefully not another shit fest.

Predictive text is an aunt sometimes.

Munchies
09-11-2014, 02:05 PM
Look at who was spotted on a train

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1wQm8YCYAAdfIR.jpg:large

:haha:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/07/this-woman-is-a-scarily-good-lookalike-of-arsenal-boss-arsene-wenger-4938938/

Özil's Panoramic View
09-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Ffs :haha:

Had a bit of coffee spit upon seeing that just now.

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2014, 02:35 PM
Metro is an insult to the very few decent journalists out there.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
09-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Merson was absolutely spot on.

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Merson was absolutely spot on.

And yet he was too cowardly to actually say Wenger's name.

GP
09-11-2014, 04:37 PM
Look at who was spotted on a train

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1wQm8YCYAAdfIR.jpg:large

:haha:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/07/this-woman-is-a-scarily-good-lookalike-of-arsenal-boss-arsene-wenger-4938938/

:shrug:

Who is it?

Niall_Quinn
09-11-2014, 05:04 PM
:shrug:

Who is it?

It's some unknown woman who apparently looks like Wenger. Now just how hilarious is that? I'm going to give you a few seconds to regain your composure...

...okay?

GP
09-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Looks like Wenger?

Maybe if you squint. Or just close your eyes and pretend.

Letters
09-11-2014, 05:45 PM
Looks like Wenger?

Maybe if you squint. Or just close your eyes and pretend.

That's what I do with MrsL

:cool:

:unsure:

GP
09-11-2014, 10:57 PM
That's what I do with MrsL

:cool:

:unsure:

I know she told me.

Power n Glory
10-11-2014, 07:55 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/409493/Paul-Merson-Arsene-Wenger

Merson fires back.

Marc Overmars
10-11-2014, 08:36 AM
I'm not exactly sure what Merson said wrong to begin with, he didn't say anything we haven't all thought or said ourselves.

You know it's bad when Wenger is coming 2nd best after an exchange with someone as thick as pig shit like Merse.

Power n Glory
10-11-2014, 09:11 AM
Wenger's 'zero experience as a manager' argument just falls a but flat on this one. When it comes to ex players, they're tactically aware of what's going on the pitch and know what should be happening on the pitch.

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Yikes. Wenger has managed to make Merse look like a considered and reasonable chap. On the brighter side, it shows that Arsene is still able to pull off the impossible.

Dein-machine
12-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Yikes. Wenger has managed to make Merse look like a considered and reasonable chap. On the brighter side, it shows that Arsene is still able to pull off the impossible.

Your right, getting owned by Merse in a debate or signing Sonogo - its worth a thread!!

fakeyank
12-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Merson destroying Wenger :haha:

Wenger :rose:

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
14-11-2014, 12:35 AM
Why is Dan Crowley the only other player in the pics of Giroud training...... Anyhow, it would be nice to see Crowley fast tracked into the squad....

AFC Leveller
14-11-2014, 06:55 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1964997_610892272343887_7562926062008969790_n.jpg? oh=ec3b21331fdbcc454d6d5b1f7299c52f&oe=54E0CB9A&__gda__=1424875521_7127e14f8f86fef323f60f292ed1000 d

mr_brighterside
14-11-2014, 07:20 AM
lots of talk of Bale being for sale (though none of him coming to us)

could/should we go for him?

GP
14-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Why would they sell him?

Ralpheroo72
14-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Anyone reading too much into Ozil pining for Madrid, and blaming his Dad for pushing him into signing for Arsenal? I hate Ozil's Dad!

Marc Overmars
14-11-2014, 12:09 PM
He was happy at Madrid and only sold to fund the Bale transfer, so I don't think it's beyond all realms of doubt that Arsenal probably wasn't his preferred destination. We just happened to be the ones with the cash to burn at the time.

GP
19-11-2014, 01:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVt57tJQJ4k

selassie
19-11-2014, 01:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVt57tJQJ4k

:haha: can't stop laughing at their faces

Maestro
19-11-2014, 06:19 PM
:haha: can't stop laughing at their faces

we could script one bad ass sitcom script with those three relatives

Niall_Quinn
24-11-2014, 01:09 PM
'I rang up (Arsenal) physio Gary Lewin and told him I wasn't feeling great,' Gascoigne told The Sun.

'He said to go to hospital as he feared it was pneumonia. Wenger then agreed to arrange £28,000 to pay for treatment. Arsenal also paid £22,000 when I had hip treatment.'

But, when Tottenham were facing Real Madrid in 2011 in the Champions League, Gascoigne claims he was told by his former club that he would have to pay to get into White Hart Lane.

'I wanted to watch Spurs against Real Madrid and got told they only had two tickets for £60,'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2847000/Paul-Gascoigne-reveals-Arsene-Wenger-Arsenal-paid-50-000-England-legend-s-medical-care.html

Every now and again something decent happens in football. Not often, but sometimes.

Syn
24-11-2014, 02:04 PM
I don't get it - why the fuck did Arsenal pay for that? Did the NHS refuse to cover him? If not, he should've been queuing up like the rest of us.

Marc Overmars
24-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Pretty much.

AFC Leveller
24-11-2014, 03:27 PM
How come the papers are all over Rodgers claiming he has 2/3 games to save his job yet nothing about Wenger being past his sell by date?

odd.

Marc Overmars
24-11-2014, 03:39 PM
That's because Rodgers is held accountable to his board, whereas our manager isn't.

Globalgunner
24-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Our manager IS the board. Chips and co are just there to count...their chips I guess

Niall_Quinn
I don't get it - why the fuck did Arsenal pay for that? Did the NHS refuse to cover him? If not, he should've been queuing up like the rest of us.

That's what the Diaby Medical Foundation was set up for.

fakeyank
How come the papers are all over Rodgers claiming he has 2/3 games to save his job yet nothing about Wenger being past his sell by date?

odd.

Because Wenger owns the cajones of all the board members. I think he has a sniper placed around the houses of all those muppets. I think in our club, the board is accountable to Wenger.

Letters
25-11-2014, 10:41 PM
http://www.90min.com/posts/1582592-alexis-sanchez-s-on-field-performance-suffering-because-of-hot-girlfriend-s-demands

Can't blame him, tbf.

Letters
25-11-2014, 10:42 PM

Drop in the ocean of our medical budget

Munchies
25-11-2014, 10:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bg2K2y4hErE

someone finally has a pop at Arsene

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
26-11-2014, 09:41 AM
http://www.90min.com/posts/1582592-alexis-sanchez-s-on-field-performance-suffering-because-of-hot-girlfriend-s-demands

Can't blame him, tbf.

I have no sympathy for him, only envy

Niall_Quinn
30-11-2014, 01:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqkykj1tTpE

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
30-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Arteta has played pretty well against Manure and Dortmund before going out. I hope this isn't forgotten and after his next average game people don't continue to claim that he can only ever be of any use against the worst sides.

Niall_Quinn
30-11-2014, 02:23 PM
Arteta has played pretty well against Manure and Dortmund before going out. I hope this isn't forgotten and after his next average game people don't continue to claim that he can only ever be of any use against the worst sides.

He's a decent and consistent player who's taking a lot of the heat for Wenger's horrible desire to elevate possession above all else.

Letters
30-11-2014, 03:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqkykj1tTpE

:blink:

Just ridiculous he never won the Ballon D'Or. One of the all time greats IMO

Marc Overmars
01-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Henry is rumoured to be coming back to coach.

Injury Time
01-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Henry is rumoured to be coming back to coach.

Lost in translation, actual quote "I come back to teach how to park bus little bit." TH14 to be unveiled as new defence coach.

adzzzbatch
06-12-2014, 08:37 AM
Arsenal fans right to complain, or greedy?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30323697

anyone else read that crap?

Marc Overmars
06-12-2014, 09:23 AM
It's not greedy to crave a modicum of improvement, it is absolutely exasperating knowing no matter what we do, our manager is incapable of breaking through that glass ceiling.

Maybe we should be more grateful for top 4, but that's hard when the CL is such a pointless exercise for a team like ours who can't even realistically expect to go beyond the 2nd round.

adzzzbatch
06-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Exactly and that's why is frustrating and disheartening being able to predict how our season and certain games will go without fail all whilst watching an increasingly dull and backwards playing style and paying the privilege of the most expensive prices in Europe for it.

Niall_Quinn
06-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Is it greedy of the club to charge the highest ticket prices in the world and then fail to deliver the kind of results those prices demand? Yes it is. So lower the ticket prices in line with the lowly on-pitch ambitions of the board and the manager and all will be well.

But that will never happen, will it?

So the board and the manager need to pull their fucking fingers out and start returning something worth the amount they are taking. That's just a simple business fundamental and if Arsenal is supposed to be about good business then enough of this monopoly/ captive market exploitation. What's the point of shunning the behaviour of the chavs and the gypos if the board then turns around and uses similarly rigged methods on their own fans? Every year the share price increases while the trophy cabinet stands empty. Last year's FA Cup is a start, but if the fans had been asked if they would accept one cup in ten years so we could move stadiums then the answer would be no, fuck off. So far the stadium move has benefited the ex-owners (massively), the existing owners, the manager, the players - to the tune of millions of quid (half a billion in the case of those horrendous leeches recently departed). The fans have a tenth of an FA Cup per year and pay the highest ticket prices in Europe. It's fairly obvious who the greedy bastards are. As is the modern enlightened way, the victim is getting the blame.

Marc Overmars
08-12-2014, 09:36 PM
We got Hull at home in the Cup. :lol:

Gooner23
11-12-2014, 08:48 AM
Not sure if this has been posted already;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJMr6nrl7c0

Harland
11-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Not sure if this has been posted already;

uhhh beat me to it, can a mod embedd the post?

Özim
11-12-2014, 12:00 PM
"Those who criticise me, have you managed 1 game in your life" :lol:

Niall_Quinn
11-12-2014, 12:43 PM

By the way, I should be a mod but the campaign to keep me out is still ongoing.

Munchies
11-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Omg :haha: :haha:

Niall_Quinn
11-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Omg :haha: :haha:

I know, it's laughable. But they don't want a balanced and reasoned voice like mine interfering with their little empire.

AFC Leveller
11-12-2014, 03:40 PM
No Kos (injury), Chambers (suspension) and Montreal (injury) for the Newcastle game.

Who is left to play CB?

AFC Leveller
11-12-2014, 03:43 PM
and Feo isnt ready yet.

RIP.

fakeyank
11-12-2014, 04:08 PM
"Those who criticise me, have you managed 1 game in your life" :lol:

And people wonder how he could get booed! :lol:

Xhaka Can’t
11-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Nobody wonders why he gets booed.

Your straw man argument rating is 2/10

Power n Glory
11-12-2014, 08:13 PM
No Kos (injury), Chambers (suspension) and Montreal (injury) for the Newcastle game.

Who is left to play CB?

Ramsey might be injured as well also. Hamstring.

Harland
12-12-2014, 07:28 AM
Ramsey might be injured as well also. Hamstring.

is this real??

Power n Glory
12-12-2014, 09:40 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20141211/team-news-ramsey-koscielny-walcott

He'll have a late fitness test. But he should be rested. Give Rosicky a run out. Our central midfield and defence are cut to ribbons.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-12-2014, 10:03 AM
We promoted Stefan O'Connor to the first team squad so hopefully we make use of him instead of trying to put another square peg in a round hole.
What worries me about Rosicky is that he wasnt even on the bench against Galatasaray so that stubborn old goat Wenger would sooner shoot himself in the foot than use him.

Gooner23
12-12-2014, 10:21 AM
On last week's criticism at Stoke railway station he says: "Society wants to win the next game and it's a permanent tribunal for everyone."

But Gunners fans hoping for another big money signing next month may be disappointed by the line: "If everybody is fit then we don't need to go into the transfer market."

Gooner23
12-12-2014, 10:23 AM
On last week's criticism at Stoke railway station he says: "Society wants to win the next game and it's a permanent tribunal for everyone."

But Gunners fans hoping for another big money signing next month may be disappointed by the line: "If everybody is fit then we don't need to go into the transfer market."

Really have no idea what he is talking about half the time. We will NEVER have everybody fit so I'm sure that last line is little bit Wumger.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-12-2014, 10:28 AM
I love how he reneges on everything he says

After the AGM he said we needed a centre back, there was no mention of injury etc the fact remains that even with everyone fit three centre backs is not enough, injuries are inevitable because of the lack of rotation.
Koscielnys tendon and Mertesackers lack of form are by products of lack of rotation

The man is either pathologically adverse to spending money or the board are being tight fisted yet again

Özim
12-12-2014, 10:32 AM
It's getting close to the transfer window so he's preparing us for the inevitable lack of activity, or alternatively the signing of some nobody who will add nothing to the squad (perhaps on loan and maybe injured).

If everyone in our squad is fit, I'll be looking out my window for flying pigs.

Gooner23
12-12-2014, 10:33 AM
I think he just enjoys winding up the fans. Probably why public criticism of him will never really be that effective because deep down I don't think he gives a shit about the fans.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-12-2014, 10:35 AM
It's getting close to the transfer window so he's preparing us for the inevitable lack of activity, or alternatively the signing of some nobody who will add nothing to the squad (perhaps on loan and maybe injured).

If everyone in our squad is fit, I'll be looking out my window for flying pigs.

Ill be sure to visit your nearest abattoir and fireworks vendor

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-12-2014, 10:38 AM
I think he just enjoys winding up the fans. Probably why public criticism of him will never really be that effective because deep down I don't think he gives a shit about the fans.

Or maybe his proposed lack of transfer activity is a direct result of Saturdays community engagement ha ha

Right nothing for you now

Niall_Quinn
12-12-2014, 10:39 AM
I love how he reneges on everything he says

After the AGM he said we needed a centre back, there was no mention of injury etc the fact remains that even with everyone fit three centre backs is not enough, injuries are inevitable because of the lack of rotation.
Koscielnys tendon and Mertesackers lack of form are by products of lack of rotation

The man is either pathologically adverse to spending money or the board are being tight fisted yet again

I think it's a happy (for them) case of both. Owners who don't invest coupled with a manager who refuses to pay the full price for a Mars bar. Also agree with the idea he doesn't give a shit about the fans. He doesn't. He cares about the club and treats the players like his kids. The fans are the unwashed masses who understand shit about shit in his eyes.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-12-2014, 10:42 AM
I think it's a happy (for them) case of both. Owners who don't invest coupled with a manager who refuses to pay the full price for a Mars bar. Also agree with the idea he doesn't give a shit about the fans. He doesn't. He cares about the club and treats the players like his kids. The fans are the unwashed masses who understand shit about shit in his eyes.

I'd like you to be wrong, however I think you're spot on

The fans for him are an after thought

The unwanted consequence of running a football club

Gooner23
12-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Yeah I agree. I think he deeply cares about the club, but as HIS club whereby he alone sets the rules and parameters. That's not a healthy situation.

Marc Overmars
12-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Kos is great (but injured, of course) Merts has been rubbish and Chambers has a lot to learn before he can be considered reliable.

If he doesn't sign a CB in January then it's pure negligence because we need one regardless of fitness.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-12-2014, 05:25 PM
Gervinho apparently "hates" Arsenal because of the way he was treated by Wenger

Hmm Ok well i hate him for the way he was able to motor his way into the box and then suffer a stroke when he needed to keep composure.

Total lack of surprise that AW has his favourites and is dismissive of everyone else that's why squad rotation only comes about as a result of injury.

Niall_Quinn
12-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Gervais is a shit as he ever was. All this business about him having improved is nonsense. He couldn't keep his composure if it was pinned to his arse.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-12-2014, 05:55 PM
His goal and assist ratio has improved but yeah in the games I've seen Roma play he does look like the headless chicken he was at Arsenal.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Quality player as we can see now he's playing under a decent manager

Wenger :doh:

Letters
12-12-2014, 06:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brC1iz0z7is

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Quality player as we can see now he's playing under a decent manager

Wenger :doh:

Obviously haven't watched Roma that much have you?

He's scored a few more goals in a shit and slow league, but believe me he's lost none of the total lack of composure that made him so loved at Arsenal.

Is Garcia a better manager than Wenger?....possibly...who knows.

Power n Glory
12-12-2014, 07:32 PM

He's scored a few more goals in a shit and slow league, but believe me he's lost none of the total lack of composure that made him so loved at Arsenal.

I see that same lack of composure in Sanogo and ability wise, he's worse than Gervinho but Wenger has so much faith in him. Welbeck has those Gervinho moments too.

I don't know why we bought Gervinho if we weren't committed to sorting out his finishing. He was a rough around the edges type of player when it came to finishing. You could see that before he joined us. There should have been no surpises if we were scouting him properly. Same goes for Chamakh and Podolski. Players bought that we don't know what to do with.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-12-2014, 08:06 PM

1st season with us: 4 goals
2nd season with us: 7 goals

He scored more goals in his first season at Roma than he did in 2 years here.

fakeyank
12-12-2014, 08:26 PM
I see that same lack of composure in Sanogo and ability wise, he's worse than Gervinho but Wenger has so much faith in him. Welbeck has those Gervinho moments too.

I don't know why we bought Gervinho if we weren't committed to sorting out his finishing. He was a rough around the edges type of player when it came to finishing. You could see that before he joined us. There should have been no surpises if we were scouting him properly. Same goes for Chamakh and Podolski. Players bought that we don't know what to do with.

:gp:

We have quite a few here who Wenger has no clue about. Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Arteta, Rosicky, Diaby are another bunch of folks Wenger has very little clue about. In fact, he has very little clue about anything to do with football. As for making snide and smartass comments about fans and critics, he is a master in that!

Letters
12-12-2014, 08:35 PM
1st season with us: 4 goals
2nd season with us: 7 goals

He scored more goals in his first season at Roma than he did in 2 years here.

9 goals in 46 for us, 10 goals in 39 for them.
Marginally better but hardly setting the world alight.
Always quite liked him for his workate but nowhere near enough end product.

Niall_Quinn
12-12-2014, 09:30 PM
In fact, he has very little clue about anything to do with football.

:doh:

Power n Glory
12-12-2014, 09:47 PM

We have quite a few here who Wenger has no clue about. Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Arteta, Rosicky, Diaby are another bunch of folks Wenger has very little clue about. In fact, he has very little clue about anything to do with football. As for making snide and smartass comments about fans and critics, he is a master in that!

He's wasted Rosicky. Wenger's finally realised Rosicky is a central midfielder but he's come to that conclusion in his retirement years and past his prime.

I still can't understand why he kept playing him on the wing instead of through the middle with Cesc. A total waste of his talent.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-12-2014, 09:49 PM
9 goals in 46 for us, 10 goals in 39 for them.
Marginally better but hardly setting the world alight.
Always quite liked him for his workate but nowhere near enough end product.

I think he's quite raw but there's definitely something there. As PnG said, weird that wenger decided to shift him so quick when he gave the likes of Djourou, Senderos and Eboue so long at the club.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
12-12-2014, 10:01 PM
I think he's quite raw but there's definitely something there. As PnG said, weird that wenger decided to shift him so quick when he gave the likes of Djourou, Senderos and Eboue so long at the club.

You remind me of lady i work with who no matter what topic of conversation you were discussing, had the amazing talent to twist it to talk about her sons whom she had a borderline incestuous relationship with.

Secondly you talk about Gervinho like he's some 19 year old prospect, he's 27....for a player who relies primary on speed at that age he's as good as he's ever going to be.

It could be that Garcia is getting more goals out of him, or it could be that the Italian Serie A is a shitter league than the premier league and easier for someone with pace to score in.....however i don't think it changes the fact that Gervinho has not in fact become a phenomenal player or even a phenomenally better player.

Could a player who has Wengeritis at Arsenal go on and become a much better player at another club?....possibly but not sure Gervinho counts an example of that happening....and that's simply because he has no footballing brain...not sure he has a brain in any sense for that matter.

To be fair i'd take Djourou in our squad now to be honest especially with our current injuries....seems to look ok for Switzerland......and he spent a lot of time on loan as did Senderos.

The issue with a lot of players we kept too long is not so much the long-term faith Wenger put in them, it's the silly bloody wages he put them on and so invariably when he realised he had made a mistake he couldn't shift them because they would rather sit on the bench collecting a big pay packet

GP
12-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Gervinho is gash. It's not even debatable.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
13-12-2014, 09:24 AM
You remind me of lady i work with who no matter what topic of conversation you were discussing, had the amazing talent to twist it to talk about her sons whom she had a borderline incestuous relationship with.

:blink: You are a weirdo.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
13-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Gervais is okay....but the cutting edge he lacked here will continue and does continue to befall him over there, which is precisely why he will do reasonably well for a team like Roma but not a team like Barcelona/Real/Bayern.

That isn't too much of a criticism in a sense as those teams are the best around but he isn't a player that pushes us closer to those teams mentioned above. Sanchez however is. Skilful players with end product please. On that note, I'd love to see Sanchez' mate Vidal here. Exceptional all round player.

Power n Glory
13-12-2014, 12:22 PM
We used to be able to take such players and sharpen them up so they'd have that cutting edge. I think Wenger is losing it. I was going to suggest he may be running out of patients with diamond in the rough type players but he's recently bought Sanogo, Chambers and Welbeck.

Niall_Quinn
13-12-2014, 12:25 PM
Gervais moans in the papers about the chances he didn't get. That's another one of his problems. He should be focusing on the chances he didn't take and figuring out what's wrong with him, instead of pointing the finger elsewhere. Player has a bad attitude. He'll never be any good unless he fixes that.

Marc Overmars
13-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Gervinho had plenty of chances. He was even playing up front at the start of 12/13 and scoring too, but he didn't convince anyone because he had zero composure.

We didn't miss out on anything with this chump.

Munchies
13-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Biggest surprise was that we mugged £8m back from Roma

We were lucky anyone was offering money after how shit he was with us

Niall_Quinn
16-12-2014, 12:37 PM
Must get
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2875436/Gilberto-Silva-way-Arsenal-Invincible-midfielder-reveals-offered-coaching-role.html

adzzzbatch
16-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Gervinho had plenty of chances. He was even playing up front at the start of 12/13 and scoring too, but he didn't convince anyone because he had zero composure.

We didn't miss out on anything with this chump.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/1355257750059.gif

Niall_Quinn
16-12-2014, 01:41 PM

You trying to defend him by showing his best moments won't work. He was no good, end of.

GP
16-12-2014, 02:23 PM

He knows he's missed it before he even gets there. What an absolute waste of skin and bone.

Globalgunner
16-12-2014, 03:03 PM
He knows he's missed it before he even gets there. What an absolute waste of skin and bone.

If you look again at that GIF, Even the defender behind him covers his face in absolute disgust.

LDG
16-12-2014, 03:14 PM
If you look again at that GIF, Even the defender behind him covers his face in absolute disgust.

As do the other defenders....and the bloke in the crowd who goes to put head in hands, and then retracts.

AFC Leveller
16-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Gervinho was a useless tool HERE but i believe he has decent footballing ability.

That miss tho....

Master Splinter
16-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Gervinho has ability tied to no awareness of his surroundings and how to use his physical attributes in them.

To continue GW's tradition of exemplary analogies, it's like giving Spider-Man's abilities to a brain-dead, loose-limbed and catastrophically clumsy clown.

Özim
16-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Lille had Hazard and Gervinho, Wenger thought he'd go out and spend money on Gervinho, absolutely genius.

Letters
17-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Were both available for the same price and both interested in coming to Arsenal?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
17-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Did wenger go for the cheap option and watch our rivals push on?

Yes.

AFC Leveller
21-12-2014, 01:12 PM
“There is a huge difference between the perception that people have of me and [the reality]: I’m not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that. What I don’t like is to spend money that I don’t have. Now I have money so no problem spending it at all. What I fought against was spending money that would have put the future of the club in danger.”

Injury Time
22-12-2014, 12:28 AM
“There is a huge difference between the perception that people have of me and [the reality]: I’m not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that. What I don’t like is to spend money that I don’t have. Now I have money so no problem spending it at all. What I fought against was spending money that would have put the future of the club in danger.”
Is that Letters justification of his orange Fabs top? :unsure:

AFC Leveller
22-12-2014, 08:23 AM
The West Ham game on the 28th is looking like a 6 pointer.

Injury Time
22-12-2014, 05:00 PM
The West Ham game on the 28th is looking like a 6 pinter.

Bring back Adams!

AFC Leveller
23-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Seems like things off the pitch are hunjry dory, we are the first club to reach 5 million followers on Twatter.

Niall_Quinn
23-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Seems like things off the pitch are hunjry dory, we are the first club to reach 5 million followers on Twatter.

I'd be okay with paying for each tweet provided it's a reasonable price, say £60 per tweet or maybe some sort of daily discount deal where you could get unlimited tweets for £1K.

Özim
23-12-2014, 10:40 AM
I'd be okay with paying for each tweet provided it's a reasonable price, say £60 per tweet or maybe some sort of daily discount deal where you could get unlimited tweets for £1K.

No chance, what do you think we are a charity or something?

Niall_Quinn
23-12-2014, 11:33 AM
:getcoat:

fakeyank
23-12-2014, 05:04 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2884839/Cesc-Fabregas-makes-assists-16-Premier-League-games-Chelsea-Jack-Wilshere-entire-Arsenal-career.html

And we did not need Cesc! :haha:

Cesc was one of the 'good' things that Wenger had done in the last decade and he has fucked that up too! What a muppet! :lol:

Letters
23-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Take a day off :rolleyes:

Niall_Quinn
23-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Take a day off :rolleyes:

Leave him alone. Some of us were really pissed with that Liverpool performance, and in my opinion rightly so. Okay, fair enough, some people moan all the time. But this is a legitimate time to moan. No doubt about it. If that performance ever (EVER) becomes acceptable or gets rolled up and hidden in the overall season then we are fucked. A performance like that is never acceptable and they should all be slated (slotted?) for it.

Niall_Quinn
23-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Also - letting OUR FUCKING PLAYER Cesc go to the chavs?

Come on!

:doh:

Who couldn't have guessed he be a smash hit when he came back to this league? He was always perfectly suited to this league. A proper little scrote. Used to be our proper little scrote. Now he's doing the business for a competitor while we try to scrape up enough live bodies to fill the midfield. And over £100mill sits in the bank. There's something pretty fucking wrong with that.

Niall_Quinn
23-12-2014, 06:49 PM
This is where Wengeritis bites deepest. Does anyone really think we can't fit Ozil and Cesc into the same squad? Seriously? With our injury record? We need as many players as we can get given our fucked up injury stats. even our third stringers are guaranteed 20 games a season. Cover, rotation, selecting the right team for the right opponent - instead we have a manager who just assumes Ozil will be fit all season and then says we can't fit Cesc in. This DESPITE the injury record of the last decade. Seriously? Wenger has not only lost the plot but he doesn't even think there should be a plot.

Maestro
25-12-2014, 12:41 PM
Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays fellow GW'ers!,

AFC Leveller
28-12-2014, 09:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dmWJKUUXPE

Loved this game, counter atacked the shit outa them.

Munchies
28-12-2014, 11:30 AM

Still remember watching this game at a friend's house

Why can't we dominate these cunts now? :(

alexander
28-12-2014, 11:32 AM

Jeffers. underrated player.
Cygan. Terrible player.
American commentary :sulk::sulk:

GP
28-12-2014, 11:54 AM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Injury Time
28-12-2014, 11:31 PM

We have Flamini, they have Cesc Fabregas...I can't be arsed to go on :ilt:

AFC Leveller
02-01-2015, 02:48 PM
how bad is the referreeing these days? surely the men in charge of officating have a lot to answer for.

the everton hull game pel that wasnt given, the red card to the saints player for fouling sanchez that wasnt given, the 2 liverpool pels that were gifted by the ref, the handball by smalling yesterday, the red card to green for handling outside his area that wasnt given etc.

its fair to say the refs are corrupt.

adzzzbatch
03-01-2015, 06:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO-zXuSUUEQ

Wenger will probably start using Alexis in matches entertaining guests in the Diamond Club now.

Letters
03-01-2015, 08:28 AM

It's mostly because Wenger is a massive ****

Oh...and they've spent billions of pounds of dirty money to buy success, but that's just an excuse, it's mostly the first one.

Letters
03-01-2015, 09:18 AM
how bad is the referreeing these days? surely the men in charge of officating have a lot to answer for.

the everton hull game pel that wasnt given, the red card to the saints player for fouling sanchez that wasnt given, the 2 liverpool pels that were gifted by the ref, the handball by smalling yesterday, the red card to green for handling outside his area that wasnt given etc.

its fair to say the refs are corrupt.

I remember years ago when refs were still amateurs and there was talk of them going professional I disagreed with a friend who said they wouldn't get any better if they turned pro. I couldn't see how that made any sense - surely if that was their job and all they did was referee and train they'd be better. I still don't understand why, but he was right. If anything they've got worse since they became professionals.

A recent for example was the Chelsea vs Hull game where Chelsea spent all game channeling Tom Daley. 3 Chelsea players were booked for diving that day. One of them dived again - in the box, clear attempt to con the ref and get a penalty, it was arguably the worst dive of the lot - and wasn't sent off. Why not? Did the ref just bottle it? Is he incompetent? Or was he paid off? I remember watching the FA Cup Final last year with increasing agitation as in the 2nd half clear penalty after clear penalty was waved away. Was it incompetence or was he deliberately trying to stop us? I came to the latter conclusion as I couldn't believe any ref could be quite that bad. I like to think that refs are honest, what's the point of watching if they're all bent? But things like that do make you wonder.

AFC Leveller
03-01-2015, 12:27 PM
I remember years ago when refs were still amateurs and there was talk of them going professional I disagreed with a friend who said they wouldn't get any better if they turned pro. I couldn't see how that made any sense - surely if that was their job and all they did was referee and train they'd be better. I still don't understand why, but he was right. If anything they've got worse since they became professionals.

A recent for example was the Chelsea vs Hull game where Chelsea spent all game channeling Tom Daley. 3 Chelsea players were booked for diving that day. One of them dived again - in the box, clear attempt to con the ref and get a penalty, it was arguably the worst dive of the lot - and wasn't sent off. Why not? Did the ref just bottle it? Is he incompetent? Or was he paid off? I remember watching the FA Cup Final last year with increasing agitation as in the 2nd half clear penalty after clear penalty was waved away. Was it incompetence or was he deliberately trying to stop us? I came to the latter conclusion as I couldn't believe any ref could be quite that bad. I like to think that refs are honest, what's the point of watching if they're all bent? But things like that do make you wonder.

Yeah i agree that they have become worse since they turned pro and they seem to have developed an ego. Too many bad decisions are being made and Refs have got to be punished.

In the Stoke Man ure game the ref was 2 yards away from Smalling who clearly handballed it but no pel was given and we see these klnd of decisions nearly every week.

AFC Leveller
05-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Just as we are starting to lose more players to injury, rivals are getting men back and with the city game in 2 weeks, Aguero is back and Dzeko isnt too far behind as well.

Ralpheroo72
05-01-2015, 10:51 PM
According to the daily mirror Sceszesceszny fined 20k for smoking in the showers after his wonderful performance against Southampton

Xhaka Can’t
06-01-2015, 05:47 AM
According to the daily mirror Sceszesceszny fined 20k for smoking in the showers after his wonderful performance against Southampton
Its been a while since he's been smoking on the pitch.

Letters
06-01-2015, 07:43 AM
According to the daily mirror
:lol:

Ralpheroo72
06-01-2015, 09:51 AM

It's everywhere now, so you :pal:

Letters
06-01-2015, 10:14 AM
It's everywhere now, so you :pal:

Yes. You've definitely won the internet with this one. Well played.

GP
06-01-2015, 10:16 AM
So tell me...

How does one smoke in the shower anyway?

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2015, 10:17 AM
So tell me...

How does one smoke in the shower anyway?

Depends what kind of fags you are talking about.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-01-2015, 10:22 AM
That wasn't smoke, it was steam!

LDG
06-01-2015, 11:02 AM
That wasn't smoke, it was steam!

He was a steaming pile of shit on the pitch too.

Ralpheroo72
06-01-2015, 11:06 AM

Why thank you :tiphat:

The Emirates Gallactico
06-01-2015, 11:52 AM
A couple of sources are denying it whilst others are still sticking with it and even reprinting it.

Wenger refused to answer to answer any questions on it in the press conference after the Hull win and looked a bit sweaty as he was trying to change the subject.

Don't think it's as ridicolous as "smoking in the shower (:lol:)" but I wouldn't be surprised if he has been fined or is on Wenger's bad books for some kind of misbehavior - he's that type of character.

Whilst he had a good season last year he was aided primarily by our stellar and robust defence last year which kept most things out on their own. This season when we no longer have that solid defence and he's been called into to action more .......... the real test to prove your credentials as a top keeper ....... and he's proven to be horrible.

Starting to think we let the wrong Pole go in the summer. :(

Only good thing is that Ospina is back. Time to give him a run and let Szcheny stew for a while ....... exactly the reason we brought in Ospina.

Marc Overmars
06-01-2015, 12:01 PM
He's a GHEL so it wouldn't really surprise me if he was busted for something.

Time for Ospina tbh.

LDG
06-01-2015, 12:06 PM
It is a bad habit. But can you smoke and not be as stupid as Wilshere and Szecsezney? It is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOPMqdIJvK8&feature=player_embedded

Power n Glory
06-01-2015, 12:12 PM
It is a bad habit. But can you smoke and not be as stupid as Wilshere and Szecsezney? It is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOPMqdIJvK8&feature=player_embedded

I'm not surprised by Wenger smoking. When talking about Jack, he said something along the lines of England being more sensitive to smoking and it's different abroad. He didn't go totally ape and condemn it.

No idea with Sir Chesney was caught smoking but I'd have thought he'd be the first on Twitter to deny reports. Something must be up with him. The way he went for that water bottle after conceding seemed nonchalant.

The Emirates Gallactico
06-01-2015, 12:22 PM
lol at Wenger smoking. :lol:

Pretty ironic as he's always talking about living healthy and promoting the Japanese diet of fish and boiled vegetables when he first arrived.

No idea with Sir Chesney was caught smoking but I'd have thought he'd be the first on Twitter to deny reports. Something must be up with him. The way he went for that water bottle after conceding seemed nonchalant.

The whole water bottle scene was so surreal. Not that I think screaming and stamping like some two bit actor would have done any good, but it gave the completely wrong impression after that colossal blunder.

And it let to the that hilarious MoTD comment which BoBN has already pointed out .... "He's going to need a stronger drink than that"

Something definitely is up, there's usually no smoke without fire in these situations. And Ches is very media savvy and sensitive, so as you say he would be the first to rebuke these stories on Facebook/Instragram if they were all bollocks.

Remember after the FA Cup win last year, some DM hack wrote some hit piece criticising him for celebrating the win despite not playing in it and he responded by posting a picture of him on his Facebook saying something along the lines of "How dare I celebrate winning my first medal at the club I love" Cheers from a drunk North London" ...... :lol:

Niall_Quinn
06-01-2015, 12:52 PM

That was a free ciggie he found on the street.

Xhaka Can’t
06-01-2015, 03:22 PM
You were the smartass

AFC Leveller
06-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Maybe it was an electronic one?

Anyway, Chesney is a bit like Wilshere, a bit of a tit. WTF was he doing when he gave the ball to the Saints player and then drinking water straight after?

AFC Leveller
06-01-2015, 03:34 PM
t has been reported the 24-year-old has been fined £20,000 by his manager Arsene Wenger for smoking in the showers after the Premier League defeat at Southampton on New Year's Day.

The Polish keeper was not used in their following game – the FA Cup third-round win over Hull – although Wenger's policy has been to rotate his goalkeepers for cup matches. But doubts remain over Szczesny being recalled for Sunday's Premier League match at home to Stoke.

Parlour, Arsenal midfielder between 1992-2004, told Sky Sports News HQ: "He didn’t have the best of games against Southampton. He made two mistakes and Wenger was fuming with the keeper anyway and after catching him doing that as well, he’s come down like a ton of bricks.

"I can’t believe he was smoking in the shower. Lots of players these days probably do smoke behind the scenes. Whether it’s right or wrong - that’s what managers have to deal with.

"He'll have a meeting with Wenger but he’s a very confident lad. I don’t think mistakes affect him.

"It’s all about performances. I was hoping he’d get tested against Hull in the FA Cup and that could have kept him in the side against Stoke. I think he will play again but Wenger will speak to him and hopefully he’s learned his lesson."

Arsenal and England midfielder Jack Wilshere was foced to apologise in the summer after being pictured smoking with family and friends on holiday in Las Vegas after the World Cup. Former Gunners defender and captain William Gallas was also warned by Wenger for smoking in public in 2008.

Ray Parlour feels Bayern Munich winger Xherdan Shaqiri would be a good signing for Liverpool
Reflecting on Wenger's disciplinary measures at his time at Arsenal, Parlour added: "He didn’t like confrontation. There wasn’t a lot fining back then. It wasn’t his style to have a go.

"I remember on a Monday after a poor performance he was trying to have a go at a few players and three or four phones went off. And he was panicking. He was fuming. He said it would be a £10,000 fine for the next phone that went off.

"Two days later we were getting prepared for the next game. We were stretching in a quiet room and a phone started ringing. It kept ringing and Wenger wanted to know whose phone it was. He got up, walked to his bag and it was in there. 'That’s £10,000 to me' he said and started laughing.

"Szczesny was just caught at the wrong time. Wenger had the hump after the Southampton defeat and Szczesny took the brunt of it. I’m pleased I never smoked - that’s a lot of money for a pack of fags!"

Master Splinter
06-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Worst keeper ever.

Makes a mistake literally every minute of the game.

Worse human being than Gazza and Arsene Wanker.

Bigger smoker than Marlene Dietrich.

Deserves to die.

Globalgunner
08-01-2015, 05:41 PM
More humour on this topic from Scz`s dad#
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/08/wojciech-szczesny-father-arsenal-per-mertesacker-rhinoceros

Mertesacker.....Rhinoceros. Had me in splits. Not far from true though. I've always wondered how a 6`6" defender hardly ever gets any headed goals for us. No agility or physicality whatsoever. A giant pillow of a player

Maestro
08-01-2015, 07:54 PM
More humour on this topic from Scz`s dad#
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/08/wojciech-szczesny-father-arsenal-per-mertesacker-rhinoceros

Mertesacker.....Rhinoceros. Had me in splits. Not far from true though. I've always wondered how a 6`6" defender hardly ever gets any headed goals for us. No agility or physicality whatsoever. A giant pillow of a player

szczesny had a mare in goal against southampton, but his old man is spot on about defence and that rhino this season. they've been fucking atrocious this season.

Niall_Quinn
08-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Ches and his old man are becoming a bit of a pain in the arse though, don't you think? His dad also went off on one last time Ches was criticised. He seems to be an expert in these things, what with being an ex-keeper himself. Anyone ever heard of him? Me neither. Not sure the Chesneys are serious people. Not sure we need to be connected with them.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
08-01-2015, 11:08 PM
Rhino's are quick. Jonah Lomu is comparable to a Rhino.....not Merts.

Sneezy is a fantastic goalkeeper talent wise and I, like his Dad, fancy myself as a neurotic faux-expert on goalkeeping as I played there extensively myself.... but his Dad needs to smell the coffee and tell his Son to focus and concentrate. That is at least half the problem with him. Else he will waste a whole load of talent.

adzzzbatch
09-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Yay! Arsenal have banned selfie sticks instead the stadium.

Marc Overmars
09-01-2015, 12:10 PM
Too fucking right.

They are monstrosities.

Gooner23
09-01-2015, 12:29 PM
Best thing we've done all season.

adzzzbatch
09-01-2015, 01:13 PM
Too fucking right.

They are monstrosities.

Best thing we've done all season.

Maestro
09-01-2015, 06:49 PM
Ches and his old man are becoming a bit of a pain in the arse though, don't you think? His dad also went off on one last time Ches was criticised. He seems to be an expert in these things, what with being an ex-keeper himself. Anyone ever heard of him? Me neither. Not sure the Chesneys are serious people. Not sure we need to be connected with them.

his dad has always been a bit of a prat, and has always hyped his son up. i can see a move on the cards if the duo carry on. i actually am starting to think ches will not realise his full potential because of his dad and the family ego they bandy around. the kid hasn't even fully developed into a top keeper and still has quite a few flaws to iron out, but has a very questionable arrogance and attitude at times. De Gea and Courtois appear to be keeping the heads down, gloves up and quickly developing into very good keepers ......their respective managers wouldn't tolerate shit either, had to blame wenger for something?

PS* on second thoughts a rhino is faster than mert ... straight line speed tbf (50-55 km/h)

adzzzbatch
09-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Fabiasnski seems to be developing into a proper competent keeper now and he was brilliant in out cup run last year. Maybe we got rid of the wrong keeper.

Niall_Quinn
09-01-2015, 07:36 PM
Rhinos will also fuck you up badly if you go head to head with them, same can't really be said about Merts. In some ways (and almost all ways conceivable and those not) this is the least likely animal comparable with Merts. Maybe the guy meant hippo.

Maestro
09-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Rhinos will also fuck you up badly if you go head to head with them, same can't really be said about Merts. In some ways (and almost all ways conceivable and those not) this is the least likely animal comparable with Merts. Maybe the guy meant hippo.

no the bloke is just as thick as a polish brick

hippo top speed is around 35km/h and a very dangerous animal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLwVX7_sfXY#t=43

*PS: no idea how thick a polish brick is btw

Niall_Quinn
09-01-2015, 08:03 PM
Hippos are also racist by the look of it.

Maestro
09-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Hippos are also racist by the look of it.

vely lacist they are, attacking negloes in their own aflican homerand

Xhaka Can’t
10-01-2015, 11:19 AM
I never thought I'd ever learn how fast a hippo can run on GW.

Take THAT Arseblog!

AFC Leveller
10-01-2015, 12:44 PM
Merts is tall but as someone else said, he should be getting more goals for us, or at least win a header or two on corners. his header against Hull was the softest you'll see this season, the ball hit his head rather than him towering it in.

Xhaka Can’t
10-01-2015, 01:19 PM
Giraffes can't jump.

Niall_Quinn
10-01-2015, 04:23 PM
I never thought I'd ever learn how fast a hippo can run on GW.

Take THAT Arseblog!

Surprised me as well. Just when you think you know everything something comes along to make you realise you don't know how fast a hippo runs.

Maestro
10-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Surprised me as well. Just when you think you know everything something comes along to make you realise you don't know how fast a hippo runs.

GW ...kickin' ass since 2005

Maestro
10-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Giraffes can't jump.

yes, but what's it top speed???:sulk:

....and is it aggressive enough in the 6 yard box :shrug:

alexander
10-01-2015, 09:26 PM
no the bloke is just as thick as a polish brick

hippo top speed is around 35km/h and a very dangerous animal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLwVX7_sfXY#t=43

*PS: no idea how thick a polish brick is btw

Africa biggest killer, behind AIDS and Ebola, but on an animal front, the hippo is a bad ass.

adzzzbatch
11-01-2015, 10:18 AM
“With people coming in from different countries, communication has gone from the back four, much more than before, and you see less people who talk. It doesn’t mean there are no leaders but they do not speak always the same language, they are not the same way to respond to situations. That has a little bit gone in our game.”

It's your fucking team!! :banghead:

The guy has got nothing left to give has he? Yet we're stuck with the prick.

Globalgunner
11-01-2015, 10:44 AM
It's your fucking team!! :banghead:

The guy has got nothing left to give has he? Yet we're stuck with the prick.

Hey, the back 4 are:French, German, French English/Spanish. and hardly see each other in training. So maybe he has a point. Remember when we had Stepanovs and Luzhny in defence...We've come a long way since then. Besides everyone knows that Wenger is clueless when it comes to defence, He only always buys attacking MFs. Defence is whoever else is available.

Niall_Quinn
11-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Wenger would be an ostrich, I suppose.

Maestro
11-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Wenger would be an ostrich, I suppose.

so apt, wonder what animals make up that multi-lingual back four

Munchies
15-01-2015, 09:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7a-1g0IUAAeLkm.jpg

Henry sitting next to a cunt (not Drogba, although he's a prick aswell)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7a-ZtkCQAAt3Zo.jpg

Niall_Quinn
20-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Looks like Theo has taken up hard drugs.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2918784/Theo-Walcott-believes-current-Arsenal-attack-BEST-club-s-history-silverware-prove-that.html

Injury Time
23-01-2015, 12:19 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-30938288

fakeyank
23-01-2015, 04:38 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150122/extra-wenger-on-coquelin-and-confidence

Looks like we have offered Coq a new deal. AW had the same confidence with Sagna, so till he signs on the dotted line, I'd be shitting my pants! :ilt:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Good news.

Great to have a player that actually tackles and does his defensive midfield duties properly.

Instant upgrade on Arteta. Then again anything is.

Master Splinter
26-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Arsenal in good form and through to the next round of the FA Cup. What shit can we come up with to make us feel better:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2926654/Arsenal-win-record-Jack-Wilshere-season-just-32-cent-without-star-won-72-cent-games.html

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Arsenal in good form and through to the next round of the FA Cup. What shit can we come up with to make us feel better:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2926654/Arsenal-win-record-Jack-Wilshere-season-just-32-cent-without-star-won-72-cent-games.html

This has been running for a few days. Now Ozil is back I expect Jack will get a break.

Xhaka Can’t
26-01-2015, 06:43 PM

What is the article about?

Niall_Quinn
26-01-2015, 06:45 PM
What is the article about?

It's about freeloaders masquerading as journalists and trying to attract web clicks for their advertisers by putting out bullshit designed to enrage football fans.

The usual.

https://getadblock.com/share/

Xhaka Can’t
26-01-2015, 07:15 PM
It's about freeloaders masquerading as journalists and trying to attract web clicks for their advertisers by putting out bullshit designed to enrage football fans.

The usual.

https://getadblock.com/share/

Downloaded - thanks!

A Gunner
27-01-2015, 02:28 AM
A question I have had some time, obviously the internet wasn't as thriving back then, but I still read Arsenal news everyday, however, was there any clue at all that we would sign Sol Campbell? Because I remember reading it on the day, I was like wow!!!

GP
27-01-2015, 07:17 AM
It was way out of left field.

I seem to remember journalists had arrived for a press conference, thought to be to unveil Richard Wright and Francis Jeffers, then Wenger walks out with Sol Campbell. It was a real shock.

AFC Leveller
27-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Boro and Monaco stand between us and the QFs i the FA cup and CL, and we have no excuses if we dont make the last 8.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
27-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Back to back trophies :bow:

Wenger :bow:

AFC Leveller
28-01-2015, 07:09 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/arsenal-midfielder-mesut-ozil-sends-5056202

WTF is up with this cunt journo? thats got to be the lowest anyone has gone regarding Ozil.

Marc Overmars
28-01-2015, 08:37 PM
I'm not really the biggest fan of our Mesut but some of the shit written about him is rotten.

fakeyank
28-01-2015, 09:16 PM
I'm not really the biggest fan of our Mesut but some of the shit written about him is rotten.

I dont rate him much either but that is just some awful piece of journalism!

Niall_Quinn
28-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Painfully Awkward 37%
Cute 63%
Lee Thomas-Mason is a cunt (who?) 173%

Özim
29-01-2015, 09:34 AM
I just don't know how Wenger has turned a player with the amount of talent Ozil has into this empty shell of a player, that's quite an achievement. He was a star at Bremen and Real.

Dein-machine
29-01-2015, 05:30 PM
I just don't know how Wenger has turned a player with the amount of talent Ozil has into this empty shell of a player, that's quite an achievement. He was a star at Bremen and Real.

Napoli away last year, final C.L group game, says it all. Was obviously told to not go past the halfway line & track back defensively all night. You don't buy a racehorse to plough a field. He obviously had better players around him at Madrid & in the German national team which helps but my concern for him is that even when he's playing reasonably well in a game he just seems too slow for our brand of football. We know he has quality but he seems to run no faster than jogging pace when on the ball which allows our opposition to regroup defensively. Not sure we can blame Wenger for this, but normally you would use a player like this centrally. We seem to allow him to drift over the the right which he seems to do naturally but this results in him being out of the game for long periods & then having a full back up his arse when he does get the ball. He needs to find that area in between the opponents defence & midfield where we know he can play in the likes of Sanchez & Walcott at will.

Özil's Panoramic View
30-01-2015, 01:44 AM
Özil used to be one of those deceptively quick players. Don't know what has gone wrong to the point where he now appears bit of a slouch, since joining us.

Perhaps he's just lost his way trying to adapt to, or is just not suited for, our pedestrian tiki taka style of play which we coach into our players.

Niall_Quinn
30-01-2015, 04:00 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/30/article-2933157-2531399800000578-104_308x341.jpg

Legend :bow:

(and Jack)

Globalgunner
30-01-2015, 07:32 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/30/article-2933157-2531399800000578-104_308x341.jpg

Legend :bow:

(and Jack)

Lovely man, with the most unique running style i`ve ever seen. Jack on the other hand.....

AFC Leveller
30-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Napoli away last year, final C.L group game, says it all. Was obviously told to not go past the halfway line & track back defensively all night. You don't buy a racehorse to plough a field. He obviously had better players around him at Madrid & in the German national team which helps but my concern for him is that even when he's playing reasonably well in a game he just seems too slow for our brand of football. We know he has quality but he seems to run no faster than jogging pace when on the ball which allows our opposition to regroup defensively. Not sure we can blame Wenger for this, but normally you would use a player like this centrally. We seem to allow him to drift over the the right which he seems to do naturally but this results in him being out of the game for long periods & then having a full back up his arse when he does get the ball. He needs to find that area in between the opponents defence & midfield where we know he can play in the likes of Sanchez & Walcott at will.

agree with all of that.

Cazorla on the hand make us tick and dictates the game so well without being particularely quick as well. I think Ozil lacks something, maybe the desire to succeed in this league. At Real and Bremen, his quality alone was enough but in this league he needs a bit more than that. He needs to be quicker when making dsecisions, he needs to protect the ball better and adapt to the pace of the game.

AFC Leveller
30-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Another world class team fails to win the league unbeaten - Bayern have lost 4-1 tonight.

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Durham trolling again :haha:

His stuff is getting more desperate by the day.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2937478/Alexis-Sanchez-leave-Arsenal-don-t-win-Champions-League-won-t-want-stay-Arsene-Wenger-train-destination-Mediocrity-Central.html

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-02-2015, 01:31 PM
I think he got interfered with by an Arsenal fan as a child

Edinburgh Gooner
03-02-2015, 01:39 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2937478/Alexis-Sanchez-leave-Arsenal-don-t-win-Champions-League-won-t-want-stay-Arsene-Wenger-train-destination-Mediocrity-Central.html

The mans a fucking disgrace.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-02-2015, 01:55 PM
That's exactly how fraudulent, incorrect views spread to the masses and become accepted as the norm.

Like Souness the other week on sky sports before the City game, 'Sanchez needs to show it in the big games'. Yeah as if scoring the winner against Besiktas to fire us into the CL and scoring against City isn't big. But journo's like Neil Ashton are thick so watch that and begin spouting the same nonsense in their columns, seduced by a Scouse loving twat who's bitter Sanchez didn't sign for them. Then Johnny picks up the paper on Monday morning, sees what Ashton has said, and starts spouting the same thing on Twitter and in the pub. Before you know it, a completely false statement picks up momentum and becomes the view of the nation, touted across all the various forms of media on a weekly basis.

Journalism in this country is a fucking joke.

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2015, 02:10 PM
The way to deal with Durham is just post a comment saying "I use Adblocker on ALL your articles"

If that message appeared enough times from enough people he'd get sacked. Only one thing matters in journalism today, the advertising dollars.

https://adblockplus.org/

Power n Glory
03-02-2015, 02:38 PM
Post a link to the Adblock you use. I'm too lazy to Google.

LDG
03-02-2015, 02:51 PM

It's funny because he looks like a troll too.

I bet the man has never had a good bit of fanny, which is exactly why ugly cunts turn into people like him. Bitter, ginger and ugly.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-02-2015, 02:55 PM

I bet the man has never had a good bit of fanny, which is exactly why ugly cunts turn into people like him. Bitter, ginger and ugly.

Right that's enough. Letters has copped his fair share of abuse over the past 2 days but that's a step too far.

Dein-machine
03-02-2015, 03:10 PM

doubt it - pedo's wouldn't stoop that low.

GP
03-02-2015, 03:12 PM
Durham is a cunt. I hope all his kids die of face cancer.

fakeyank
03-02-2015, 03:13 PM
That article was so bad that Fox News wants to hire him!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-02-2015, 03:15 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img543/6448/ov8.gif

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
03-02-2015, 03:38 PM
doubt it - pedo's wouldn't stoop that low.

Why, was he very short as a kid?

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2015, 08:59 PM

Its because he didn't.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2015, 09:05 PM

Yeah.

Glad I'm not ginger.

Dein-machine
04-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Why, was he very short as a kid?

:d - Yes, small ugly & ginger - could only make a living on radio.

A Gunner
04-02-2015, 09:59 AM
This forum is so quiet when there is no football and nothing much to complain about...

LDG
04-02-2015, 10:08 AM
Yeah.

Glad I'm not ginger.

:ninja:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
04-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Liverpool on sale for silvers.

Just bagged tickets.

BOBN
04-02-2015, 12:42 PM

You dummies just giving him clicks.

Just copy and paste if you insist on getting trolled.

Niall_Quinn
04-02-2015, 01:43 PM
You dummies just giving him clicks.

Just copy and paste if you insist on getting trolled.

Or unplug the computer, that'll show them.

Durham's a laugh, he's not serious and he's not meant to be serious. Clickthroughs mean fuck all if the ads aren't seen, let alone clicked. Which is why there's a link for AdBlocker in the message. Install that and click away. Live a little.