PDA

View Full Version : Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Cripps
19-10-2017, 09:46 PM
Perfect time to play everton

Can't wait to lose 2-0.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
19-10-2017, 10:49 PM
Still waiting for my silver membership.....should have got it years ago fuhk sake!

Marc Overmars
19-10-2017, 11:27 PM
I know people who’ve been waiting 8-9 years and still had no luck, it’s pretty much one in one out. It seems to be quite random when who’s invited to upgrade from Red as well.

They should really have a system that rewards you for going and those who have reached a certain amount of games become eligible to upgrade.

Letters
20-10-2017, 06:21 AM
I'm sure there is a system and what you say is probably part of it. Arsenal are all about maximising income, they are going to want to promote members who they think will go to more games.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
20-10-2017, 07:29 AM
That'll be me waiting another 10 years then!

Özim
20-10-2017, 08:36 AM
I'm sure there is a system and what you say is probably part of it. Arsenal are all about maximising income, they are going to want to promote members who they think will go to more games.

There's no logic in anything Arsenal does these days, they probably have a clown with a fishing rod, pulling names out of a hat with only 1/3 of people eligible in it!

Letters
20-10-2017, 08:39 AM
:yawn:

Özim
20-10-2017, 09:40 AM
:yawn:

Been a long week? Chin up son it's Friday only a day to go and it's the weekend.

Marc Overmars
20-10-2017, 10:49 AM

You’re probably right but I think a transparent system would be good for the fans, particularly those who’ve been waiting a while.

Letters
20-10-2017, 12:16 PM
You’re probably right but I think a transparent system would be good for the fans, particularly those who’ve been waiting a while.

Googled it and you're right, they don't exactly shout about how they decide. There must be some method in their madness and it's bound to be related to who they think they can squeeze the most money out of.

GP
23-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Olivier Giroud has won the Puskas Award

:bow:

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 07:18 PM

It was the Pukka Pies award, for his erotic performances in his underpants.

GP
23-10-2017, 07:19 PM
You would.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 07:21 PM
When we can be bothered we can still play the beautiful game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=29&v=wGOhxt5Ksc0

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 07:23 PM
Of course FIFA are utter, utter cunts who give out a fucking award and then block anyone from seeing it.

I'll ring them up and see if a substantial cash bribe and an all access pass to Pedofest 2018 can get it unblocked.

Özim
23-10-2017, 07:24 PM
He had some serious competition:

Giroud beat Deyna Castellanos of the Venezuela U17 women’s team and South Africa goalkeeper Oscarine Masuluke of Baroka FC to the award, which recognises the ‘most beautiful goal of the season’.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 07:25 PM
He had some serious competition:

He probably did both of them.

GP
23-10-2017, 07:26 PM
http://www.fifa.com/the-best-fifa-football-awards/puskas-award/index.html

Some real competition in there, including Mandzukic's CL final goal.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 07:26 PM
You would.

I did.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 07:29 PM
Apparently this didn't win the PL goal of the season? Don't tell me... Rooney?

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 07:30 PM
And apparently x2, Andy Carrol beat him to goal of the month.

Makes sense.

Marc Overmars
23-10-2017, 07:31 PM

Rightly so, it’s one of the most unique goals I’ve ever seen.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Rightly so, it’s one of the most unique goals I’ve ever seen.

Was that Ramsey winning the ball back to start it all off? Aaron - HINT, HINT!

And the charge forward, men all across the pitch and the defenders in blind panic, just like the good old days. Total team goal.

Penguin
23-10-2017, 07:45 PM
There was a lovely flick from Giroud in the build up too

GP
23-10-2017, 07:46 PM

And the charge forward, men all across the pitch and the defenders in blind panic, just like the good old days. Total team goal.

No it was Perez.

Master Splinter
23-10-2017, 07:47 PM

It was Lucas.

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2017, 07:48 PM
It wasn't Ramsey, it was Peres. Figures.

Özim
23-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Some real nobodies in that list, Mandzukic is rubbish and the finalists totally unheard of. Pretty low quality competition.

Cripps
23-10-2017, 09:11 PM
:lol:

Marc Overmars
23-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Some real nobodies in that list, Mandzukic is rubbish and the finalists totally unheard of. Pretty low quality competition.

It’s about the quality of the goal scored, not the player. :unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
23-10-2017, 09:41 PM
A goalkeeper scored an overhead kick to win a match in injury time. Not good enough in Zim's book.

Özim
23-10-2017, 09:54 PM
It’s about the quality of the goal scored, not the player. :unsure:

Clearly.....they've got some U17 nobody as well in the finalists. Next year some bloke from the pub could be in there.

Özim
23-10-2017, 10:03 PM
A goalkeeper scored an overhead kick to win a match in injury time. Not good enough in Zim's book.

Saw a bloke in the park score a belter from the halfway line, if someone can submit the video, surely he would win it?

McNamara That Ghost...
24-10-2017, 05:33 AM
Yeah, that's what the award is for. I don't see the problem.

Letters
24-10-2017, 07:15 AM
Zim's gotta Zim...

Özim
24-10-2017, 07:40 AM
I just think any serious award would apply to a certain level of football, the golden boot doesn't apply to U17s after all.

But then maybe this is suppose to be more of a light hearted award you shouldn't take too seriously in all fairness.

Letters
24-10-2017, 08:26 AM
You just seem so disappointed/upset/bitter at any positive news about Arsenal or one of our players.
Strange from a supposed Arsenal fan.
It's not that meaningful but it's nice to see one of our players acknowledged, especially given there were some other brilliant goals nominated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW_Z8T-Lf8o

(Although the woman one...that was just poor goal-keeping, frankly)

Power n Glory
24-10-2017, 08:27 AM
I like the idea. It’s based on pure football and awards whoever scores the most beautiful goal of the year. Politics are put aside so it won’t be a Messi / Ronaldo competition each year. Never heard of the award until now. Can’t put too much weight into. It’s just a bigger goal of the month/season competition. Anyone can win it. That’s fair.

Özim
24-10-2017, 08:38 AM
You just seem so disappointed/upset/bitter at any positive news about Arsenal or one of our players.
Strange from a supposed Arsenal fan.
It's not that meaningful but it's nice to see one of our players acknowledged, especially given there were some other brilliant goals nominated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW_Z8T-Lf8o

(Although the woman one...that was just poor goal-keeping, frankly)

Someone posted it, I joked about the competition, someone commented the competition was stiff, clearly it isn't. Nice light-hearted award but let's not pretend it's something it isn't.

Girouds' goal was very good (albeit perhaps not intentional), some of the other goals nominated though :lol: well, let's just say they can't have looked too hard!

Letters
24-10-2017, 09:01 AM
I think Giroud's was intentional...he'll never do it again though :lol:

Özim
24-10-2017, 09:07 AM
I think Giroud's was intentional...he'll never do it again though :lol:

I don't think that kind of goal can be intentional, he reached out for it but there's no way he reached it and was aiming for the goal, he just caught it and it went in it wasn't planned that way.

With all due respect to him, he's no Zidane and even if someone like Zidane did it you'd have to question whether he meant it.

Letters
24-10-2017, 09:12 AM
Believe at the time other players were saying he'd done it or tried it in training, I think he meant it. Like Nayim from the half way line "meant it". Never do it again though.

Power n Glory
24-10-2017, 09:42 AM
It's an instinctive reaction. Happens in football all the time. He had no time to think about it, just react. Giroud is really good at that. A fluke but intentional if that makes sense.

Marc Overmars
24-10-2017, 09:58 AM
The ball was behind him and he did what he he could to send it towards goal. A one in a million effort but definitely intentional.

One thing I like about Giroud is that he has the audacity to try things most players wouldn’t, his thought process is completely different. You could argue that’s also a flaw but he has done some spectacular things for us, acrobatic goals, flicks and clever crosses to combine for goals, awkward headers etc. He’s not a great goalscorer but more a scorer of great goals.

Cripps
24-10-2017, 10:20 AM
He's a great plan B. Someone to bring on to change the game.

As a plan A. No thanks.

selassie
24-10-2017, 10:38 AM

As a plan A. No thanks.

What he said.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2017, 10:41 AM
I preferred the build up to the actual goal. The goal was a great piece of improvisation, undoubtedly a deliberate attempt at a 1 in 100 chance. But the movement from back to front at pace and with rapid, accurate passing, that was fun to watch. We used to do that all the time. And goes to show we could still do it if a certain bloke was so inclined.

Power n Glory
24-10-2017, 10:51 AM

As a plan A. No thanks.

He’s a good player so long as he’s being used properly. Plan A, Plan B….it makes no difference if being used incorrectly. Seen plenty of occasions where Wenger has brought Giroud on for the wrong sort of game as seen against Watford recently. He’s the sort of player that needs better coaching and needs to a certain set up around him because he’s the sort of striker that needs service. He has limitations but how we doesn’t help him at all. He’s slow but that scorpion kick was scored on a counter so it’s possible get more out of him in those sort of situations instead of always trying to lump the ball up to him.

To me, his biggest flaws are that he never plays on the half turn or attempts to shimmy his way to a goal scoring opportunity when close to goal. He’ll always play a flick to the side or back in the direction he’s facing with his first touch. It’s as if we work the ball to get into a dangerous area and he just plays it back out of the danger area. Also, he’s not moving around enough to link up play with the players around him. Way too static and far too much time wrestling defenders back to only receive the ball and lose it with a flick or play it back out of the area he’s fighting to gain ground on. It’s senseless.

Would love to see Giroud played with Lacazette, Welbeck or Theo up front. He needs a complimentary partner and someone else to work off to buy him more time when in the box. God knows why we have’t tried this especially since we’re now playing 3-4-3. That can easily turn into a 3-5-2.

Niall_Quinn
24-10-2017, 10:51 AM

As a plan A. No thanks.

He's a good squad striker. Trouble at this place is it's either/ or. Wenger has no sensible rotation or substitution policies. And we don't play to strengths. Why can't we play with 2 strikers against some opponents, for example? Have to say Bif has managed to carve himself out a surprisingly significant profile, especially at International level, while playing for a club on the decline and, more recently, being benched at club level. And he hasn't complained about it, he just gets on. Second tier, then again so are a lot of so-called top tier hype merchants, but a good pro.

Power n Glory
24-10-2017, 11:20 AM
He's a good squad striker. Trouble at this place is it's either/ or. Wenger has no sensible rotation or substitution policies. And we don't play to strengths. Why can't we play with 2 strikers against some opponents, for example? Have to say Bif has managed to carve himself out a surprisingly significant profile, especially at International level, while playing for a club on the decline and, more recently, being benched at club level. And he hasn't complained about it, he just gets on. Second tier, then again so are a lot of so-called top tier hype merchants, but a good pro.
Exactly. I can’t make any sense of it. Giroud’s best moments come when he’s combining with another player with quick passes. Look at the overhead kick he scored the other day or that goal he set up for Jack. When isolated, Giroud is pants. Why not look to get him combining with more players instead of starting him up front as a solo striker and being isolated for most of the game?

GP
24-10-2017, 11:59 AM
The ball was behind him and he did what he he could to send it towards goal. A one in a million effort but definitely intentional.

One thing I like about Giroud is that he has the audacity to try things most players wouldn’t, his thought process is completely different. You could argue that’s also a flaw but he has done some spectacular things for us, acrobatic goals, flicks and clever crosses to combine for goals, awkward headers etc. He’s not a great goalscorer but more a scorer of great goals.

He's scored some amazing goals. He's definitely got that in his locker.

Did you see the one he scored for France against Sweden (I think?)

Cripps
24-10-2017, 02:35 PM
Chesney basically confirming what we all knew. Wengers coaching is shite :haha:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/wojciech-szczesny-accuses-arsenal-of-failing-to-develop-him-a3660406.html

Özim
24-10-2017, 05:14 PM
Chesney basically confirming what we all knew. Wengers coaching is shite :haha:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/wojciech-szczesny-accuses-arsenal-of-failing-to-develop-him-a3660406.html

No surprise there, so many players have come out and said this. What kind of football club doesn't bother coaching it's players properly.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-10-2017, 05:25 PM
I don't think that kind of goal can be intentional, he reached out for it but there's no way he reached it and was aiming for the goal, he just caught it and it went in it wasn't planned that way.

With all due respect to him, he's no Zidane and even if someone like Zidane did it you'd have to question whether he meant it.

If he isn't aiming the ball for goal what is he aiming it for....the stands? In that kind of position and with that body shape with the ball behind you, the only sensible thing would be to try and aim it towards goal (albeit instinctively) as anything else would be even more complicated to execute...and he is so close to goal that he may as well go for it.

Özim
24-10-2017, 05:54 PM
If he isn't aiming the ball for goal what is he aiming it for....the stands? In that kind of position and with that body shape with the ball behind you, the only sensible thing would be to try and aim it towards goal (albeit instinctively) as anything else would be even more complicated to execute...and he is so close to goal that he may as well go for it.

He's trying to get to the ball that's clear, as for actually aiming it at goal not a chance IMO, it's pot luck, you touch it and hope it goes in, there's not even any thought in that, there's a difference between aiming at goal and taking a shot and touching a ball and it going in and meaning it.

If the ball is behind you and you flick it, you're not aiming at all, it's hit and hope.

If you pick up the ball from outside the area and shoot you're clearly aiming at goal, if you it when it's behind you there's no aiming involved, you stretch for it to try and get it and hope.

I just don't think those kind of goals are skill as such, it's more down to luck because you can't aim those kind of efforts.

Letters
24-10-2017, 06:20 PM
I'd say it's a combination of luck and skill.

EDIT: Had this exact conversation with someone in the wake of Nayim from the half way line. The conclusion was it was a combination of luck and skill. The skill part is that if you or I tried it we'd be there all day and not do it. The luck part is it's still a one in a hundred shot.

Özim
24-10-2017, 07:07 PM
To be fair Nayim saw the keeper off the line and decided to have a go (definitely some luck involved), it was an intentional action. Girouds goal is just a reaction, the ball came he flicked it, never really having any control of where it was going and it went it, he didn't have time to think, couldn't really aim and wasn't make a caclulated decision.

Letters
24-10-2017, 08:49 PM
It was more instinctive but he was trying to score, he admits himself there was a fair slice of luck though.

Cripps
24-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Giroud's biggest problem is his lack of pace. If he had just a tiny turn of pace it would add another dimension to his game and he'd be viewed in the same bracket as the top strikers.

Özim
24-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Rarely seems to score when he starts, he's basically a sub, could never be top class on that basis.

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
24-10-2017, 11:44 PM
He's trying to get to the ball that's clear, as for actually aiming it at goal not a chance IMO, it's pot luck, you touch it and hope it goes in, there's not even any thought in that, there's a difference between aiming at goal and taking a shot and touching a ball and it going in and meaning it.

If the ball is behind you and you flick it, you're not aiming at all, it's hit and hope.

If you pick up the ball from outside the area and shoot you're clearly aiming at goal, if you it when it's behind you there's no aiming involved, you stretch for it to try and get it and hope.

I just don't think those kind of goals are skill as such, it's more down to luck because you can't aim those kind of efforts.

A shot is not a shot unless it is a vague aim at goal though....lol. I get where you're coming from and it is a bit of a grey area perhaps but the likelihood of actually scoring doesn't make it any less aimed or even the difficulty in execution. Of course he isn't aiming with precision, he's vaguely aiming at goal no?

The fact he has tried this kind of thing many times with no success in training suggests that his action in actually scoring was a trained and honed instinct and an action in which he is aiming to score.

If he was executing a pass back to Petr Cech, he wouldn't then stand there with his hands on his hips thinking, I really hope this ends up in the back of the opposition keeper's net... because it would be virtually impossible and he hasn't actually taken a 'shot'. He hit the ball with his goal and hoped it went it because he was vaguely directing it towards goal instinctively. The fact it was instinctive also doesn't mean it wasn't a purposeful action.

I have absolutely no problem with anybody who thinks hit was hugely fortuitous but I don't think you can completely remove the element of intention from the goal either.

Letters
25-10-2017, 06:51 AM
Zim just can't stand the thought that any of our players might possess some skill or get credit for something.
Low energy. Sad.

Letters
25-10-2017, 06:53 AM
To sum up:

Naaaaa, naa naa, na na na na, na na na na, Giroud

Giroud :bow:

Wenger :bow:

Macca :bow:

Marc Overmars
25-10-2017, 07:27 AM
The execution was luck, not only to catch it so sweetly but for it to go in off the bar giving the keeper no chance.

The intention was pretty clear to me though. Otherwise why even bother trying to reach it? Most players give up on the ball when it's played behind them like that.

It's undoubtedly one of, if not the best goal I've ever seen.

Letters
25-10-2017, 08:02 AM
Always feel Giroud is massively under-rated by Arsenal fans for not being an "Henry" or "Aguero". There's a pretty big middle ground between that as being as hopeless as some make out.

Power n Glory
25-10-2017, 08:20 AM
The execution was luck, not only to catch it so sweetly but for it to go in off the bar giving the keeper no chance.

The intention was pretty clear to me though. Otherwise why even bother trying to reach it? Most players give up on the ball when it's played behind them like that.

It's undoubtedly one of, if not the best goal I've ever seen.

Bergkamps Newcastle goal for me.

GP
25-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Always feel Giroud is massively under-rated by Arsenal fans for not being an "Henry" or "Aguero". There's a pretty big middle ground between that as being as hopeless as some make out.

He is underrated. He's scored a lot of goals for Arsenal. Important goals.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-10-2017, 08:42 AM
Rarely seems to score when he starts, he's basically a sub, could never be top class on that basis.

I’m not sure anyone here has ever seriously argued that he’s top class

Given his goals for the club, the level of abuse he’s got is excessive though.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-10-2017, 08:46 AM

As much as I love that goal and I do, I slightly prefer the goal he’d scored in midweek against Bayer Leverkusen......just the most perfectly executed and nonchalant lob.

They are all up for me there along Pires’ Lobs against Aston Villa and Southampton, his curling shot against Liverpool etc

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-10-2017, 08:49 AM
There’s no doubt I prefer talking about my favourite Arsenal goals than this current shower that calls itself a team

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2017, 09:36 AM

Which one? There were many. Same with Thierry. We've been treated to some great goals at Arsenal over the years.

But now we need to achieve a different but equally world class goal. Wenger OUT!

The Emirates Gallactico
25-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Which one? There were many. Same with Thierry. We've been treated to some great goals at Arsenal over the years.

But now we need to achieve a different but equally world class goal. Wenger OUT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IicmCu47pMo

Marc Overmars
25-10-2017, 09:48 AM

Yep that is up there as well.

Unique goals.

Cripps
25-10-2017, 10:10 AM

You can blame Wenger for that. Should never have been RVP's direct replacement. Clearly not a plan A and a tier below the elite strikers but a good plan B.

When you've been blessed with the likes of wright, Henry, bergkamp and RVP then you suddenly drop to Giroud, it's expected.

Özim
25-10-2017, 10:12 AM

He's pretty hopeless when he starts to be honest, decent sub though. Players who go 15 games without a goal can't be that great can they?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
25-10-2017, 10:43 AM
You are right that Wenger shouldn’t have relied on him for being our primary goal outlet, and he mainly doesn’t do well when we start because we don’t play in a way conducive to such a player getting goals.

I’m not sure if the stat still holds but a year ago or so he had scored more headed goals than any other premier league player in the time since he joined us.

His link up play is poor as is his overall movement especially compared to someone like Lacazette. But yeah he’s a good player to have in your corner to get his head on a hopeful punt in the penalty area. On top of that you get some absolutely lovely goals to boot.

No he’s probably not going to ever be considered a club legend, but when you consider the money we paid for him I think he’s been a very, very useful player who has been subject to far more abuse than he merits.

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Should have kept Nick Bendtner. It all went downhill once he left.

Penguin
25-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Wenger is responsible for any abuse Giroud has got over the years because he lumped him with the responsibility of being our main striker. He's not good enough to be the main striker for a title challenging team and never will be. He's a good plan B or back up and that's what he should have been from day one.

Niall_Quinn
25-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Wenger is responsible for any abuse Giroud has got over the years because he lumped him with the responsibility of being our main striker. He's not good enough to be the main striker for a title challenging team and never will be. He's a good plan B or back up and that's what he should have been from day one.

That's right. We've needed Lacazette for years and Bif has been used to plug that gap. Wenger dithering around again, refusing to pay the going rate. We missed out on Mbappe because he wouldn't pay the agent's fees. Principled stand that conveniently and coincidentally (of course) kept the bank balance glowing.

Cripps
25-10-2017, 12:00 PM

:gp:

Queue Letters turning up any minute and sticking up for wenger.

Özim
25-10-2017, 12:21 PM
You can blame Wenger for that. Should never have been RVP's direct replacement. Clearly not a plan A and a tier below the elite strikers but a good plan B.

When you've been blessed with the likes of wright, Henry, bergkamp and RVP then you suddenly drop to Giroud, it's expected.

Spot on, nice backup plan or sub, but to have had him as our main forward for so long just highlights the incompetence of the manager further. Giroud has shown he can be effective against tired defences, but when starting matches his limited ability often means he's ineffective and not much of a threat.

He's a limited player, he does score some good goals, but he isn't a goalscorer and doesn't really excel in anything.

The Emirates Gallactico
25-10-2017, 03:45 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5016105/Arsenal-appoint-Barcelona-transfer-man-Raul-Sanllehi.html

Dick Law's replacement.

Seems to have done a good job at Barca but it's one thing recruiting for them and another thing recruiting for us especially if we fail to get back into the CL next year. Plus given the plight of some of young players and lack of development of them, we're increasingly becoming not an attractive prospect for the elite youth talent around.

He;s got his work cut out.

Özim
26-10-2017, 08:46 AM
Not good news, the Kroenke dynasty is in it for the long haul aparently.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/stan-kroenke-interview-arsenal-owner-11409686

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2017, 08:52 AM

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/stan-kroenke-interview-arsenal-owner-11409686

Did you read the bit about them getting emotional when the FA Cup win is mentioned? That brought tears to my eyes too :haha:

So the cunts speak, in a carefully stage managed press wank before they face hand picked fans? The rabid fans who make it tougher for the poor old players and manager.

These guys are so out of touch with reality they should be running Arsenal.

Oh wait...

Letters
26-10-2017, 08:52 AM
He's pretty hopeless when he starts to be honest, decent sub though. Players who go 15 games without a goal can't be that great can they?

I don't think he's great, he's not going to win you titles on his own but he's better than a lot on here give him credit for.

Cripps
26-10-2017, 09:01 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5016105/Arsenal-appoint-Barcelona-transfer-man-Raul-Sanllehi.html

Dick Law's replacement.

Seems to have done a good job at Barca but it's one thing recruiting for them and another thing recruiting for us especially if we fail to get back into the CL next year. Plus given the plight of some of young players and lack of development of them, we're increasingly becoming not an attractive prospect for the elite youth talent around.

He;s got his work cut out.

Can't be any worse than that Muppet dick law.

Cripps
26-10-2017, 09:02 AM

I see he's mentioned the 20 years consecutive top 4 achievement:lol:

Wengers clearly got into his head :lol:

Cripps
26-10-2017, 09:04 AM
I don't think he's great, he's not going to win you titles on his own but he's better than a lot on here give him credit for.

Wenger used him as that.

You've basically just admitted Wenger was wrong.

:faint:

Cripps
26-10-2017, 09:37 AM
That puskas award is voted for by fans around the world. No wonder Giroud won it :lol:

Özim
26-10-2017, 11:08 AM
I see he's mentioned the 20 years consecutive top 4 achievement:lol:

Wengers clearly got into his head :lol:

Praising a non achievement, we've made this into some sort of holy grail and amazing achievement. Never before has being a loser for so long been so presitigious.

Özim
26-10-2017, 11:08 AM
That puskas award is voted for by fans around the world. No wonder Giroud won it :lol:

Makes sense now, Arsenal fans probably free as they won't be watching matches since they are as dull as watching paint dry.

Özim
26-10-2017, 11:14 AM
Did you read the bit about them getting emotional when the FA Cup win is mentioned? That brought tears to my eyes too :haha:

So the cunts speak, in a carefully stage managed press wank before they face hand picked fans? The rabid fans who make it tougher for the poor old players and manager.

These guys are so out of touch with reality they should be running Arsenal.

Oh wait...

:lol: How touching.

Makes me laugh, apparently he's in it for trophies not money, bloody hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Allegedly they have passion to make the club successful? News to me, some indication of this passion might be good, he hasn't a clue about success either, none of his teams are in the least bit successful.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Praising a non achievement, we've made this into some sort of holy grail and amazing achievement. Never before has being a loser for so long been so presitigious.

Translated from Leechanese into English it reads, "He's made us money 20 years in a row."

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2017, 11:21 AM
:lol: How touching.

Makes me laugh, apparently he's in it for trophies not money, bloody hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Allegedly they have passion to make the club successful? News to me, some indication of this passion might be good, he hasn't a clue about success either, none of his teams are in the least bit successful.

Typical rabid fan.

Marc Overmars
26-10-2017, 11:23 AM
Koeman has said he met with Giroud but he bailed on a move at the last minute. :lol:

Cripps
26-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Seems like it kicked off at the AGM :lol:

http://news.arseblog.com/2017/10/arsenal-2017-agm-the-chips-are-down/?utm_campaign=autotwitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Makes me laugh. Sat on your arses all these years whilst we tried to warn you all and now you're kicking up a fuss :lol:

Özim
26-10-2017, 07:34 PM

http://news.arseblog.com/2017/10/arsenal-2017-agm-the-chips-are-down/?utm_campaign=autotwitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Makes me laugh. Sat on your arses all these years whilst we tried to warn you all and now you're kicking up a fuss :lol:

Sums up the attitude of the club, contempt for fans and shareholders alike, what an embarassing club, this has been allowed to happen, a board, owner and manager who think they are above the fans, can't even be bothered to answer their questions and mock them at every opportunity.

Nothing to be proud of at this club, the whole setup is horribly broken and noone cares as long as the ££££ are rolling in, someone stop people paying into the coffers and letting these people get away with this and feel untouchable.

Özim
26-10-2017, 07:37 PM
Wenger confirms they'll review his contract in the summer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41760850

Uh-huh and offer him an extension no doubt and probably a pay rise.

On Thursday, Wenger told shareholders that the current side has "something special" and he believes there is "a chance" of success this term.

"My hunger, my commitment is bigger than ever," he said. "I question myself a lot, don't worry, I will sit down every year to see where I go.

What a comedian, another "special" group of players, what is it now, half a dozen or so now, none of them special enough to win anything of note though.

"The present for me is about style of play, winning trophies, winning every game. Don't think I don't know. It's essential.

Really? He doesn't deliver any of those.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2017, 07:46 PM

This is the ONLY concession I'll give to Wenger. At least he's a gent compared to those obnoxious cocks. Sir Chips FFS! All that means is he got buggered a lot in queer boy school. Wenger speaks about the culture of the club and then big man Keswick shows us what that culture is. Big, big man. He'd get his fucking teeth pushed in if he lived in the real world. But he's a big man as long as his bubble protects him. He'd better hope the bubble doesn't burst. ALL bubbles burst.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Sums up the attitude of the club, contempt for fans and shareholders alike, what an embarassing club, this has been allowed to happen, a board, owner and manager who think they are above the fans, can't even be bothered to answer their questions and mock them at every opportunity.

Nothing to be proud of at this club, the whole setup is horribly broken and noone cares as long as the ££££ are rolling in, someone stop people paying into the coffers and letting these people get away with this and feel untouchable.

Wenger blames the fans for shit, but I don't get the impression he thinks he's better than us at being a human being. Like that vile piece of trash Keswick obviously believes. Wenger thinks he's better at his job than the fans would be, so he gets the hump when questioned. The problem is, it's not at all clear based on the evidence that Wenger is, indeed, a better football manager than your average fan. And that fucking yank and his spawn. Turn up for the one occasion to the club they allegedly love and they can't be bothered to open their pie holes. Cunts of the first order. No wonder they don't want Usmanov in the room to upset their boy's club.

These things remind us that the guys who get the most stick are taking flak that should be ripping up the cunts hiding behind them. At least Wenger and Ivan the Lizard can be bothered to treat the event seriously, or give the appearance of treating it seriously. So they should get some credit for that, offset against their huge failures of course. The rest of the cunts, not worth pissing on if they were on fire. Which I hope they soon are.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Wenger confirms they'll review his contract in the summer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41760850

Uh-huh and offer him an extension no doubt and probably a pay rise.

What a comedian, another "special" group of players, what is it now, half a dozen or so now, none of them special enough to win anything of note though.

Yep, it's quite clever. Try to damp down the outrage of another two years of this shit by suggesting a review at the end of a year. And then extend his contract and state they were only doing what they promised, reviewing his situation. So he's here for at least another 3 years then.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Arsenal are the 3rd highest net spenders in the league
We have a £200m wage bill
The manager is given complete autonomy to do what he likes

What could an ambitious manager do with that?

https://le-grove.co.uk/2017/10/26/stan-and-josh-depressingly-out-of-touch-but-there-is-hope/#more-23748

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Ivan gunning for quotation of the century:

‘No club has a perfect record every year under this scrutiny but Arsenal has probably been, of the big clubs certainly, the most consistently over-performing team over time.

Cripps
26-10-2017, 08:23 PM
Over performing :haha: :haha:

Letters
26-10-2017, 09:09 PM

Not any of them? Read that list again.

*hears scraping of Zim moving goalposts*

Cripps
26-10-2017, 10:38 PM
Just seen the other nominees for the puskas award

One was a woman shooting from the halfway line and the opposition keeper basically letting it through her hands:lol:

Think giroud's reaction and celebration pretty much gives it away. He didn't mean it nor was it skill. Just pure luck.

Marc Overmars
26-10-2017, 11:09 PM
Seems like the biggest takeaway from the the AGM is that Chips bloke is an even bigger cunt than originally thought.

Niall_Quinn
26-10-2017, 11:22 PM
Seems like the biggest takeaway from the the AGM is that Chips bloke is an even bigger cunt than originally thought.

Or he's been pushed out front to play the cunt so a bit of heat is taken off the Kroenkes.

I think it's safest to think of them all as mega cunts of equal stature.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-10-2017, 12:37 AM
Just seen the other nominees for the puskas award

One was a woman shooting from the halfway line and the opposition keeper basically letting it through her hands:lol:

Think giroud's reaction and celebration pretty much gives it away. He didn't mean it nor was it skill. Just pure luck.

If he didn't 'mean it', why did he do the backheel flick at all?

Penguin
27-10-2017, 06:45 AM
Kroenke was too scared to even turn up. Coward.

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2017, 08:15 AM

Photo op? Head up, flick heel, big smile?

Özim
27-10-2017, 08:16 AM
Not any of them? Read that list again.

*hears scraping of Zim moving goalposts*

Are you going on about the FA Cup again, yes I know it's a trophy of sorts but the reality is it's 2nd tier, if he considers winning the FA Cup winning a trophy fair enough, but it's not really what people want.

Özim
27-10-2017, 08:18 AM

It was just a reaction, he didn't think about it so it wasn't like he was thinking I'm going to do a backheel, it was just a reaction in the same way someone reacts by putting their hands in front of their face if someone kicks a ball towards their head.

Özim
27-10-2017, 08:24 AM

Overindulged and allowed to get away with it for far too long, life has been too easy for the board manager etc, so many excuses about how we have no money, can't compete etc etc etc giving these people free licence to cash in whilst treating fans with contempt with no comeback, this is what you get when that happens.

You won't see this at many other clubs in world football either, in most clubs there are repercussions for stuff like this, not at Arsenal though.

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2017, 08:36 AM
Are you going on about the FA Cup again, yes I know it's a trophy of sorts but the reality is it's 2nd tier, if he considers winning the FA Cup winning a trophy fair enough, but it's not really what people want.

That's not how you judge a big trophy. It's judged by whether you enjoy winning it or not. If you just hate winning the FA Cup final and state clearly how much you hate it, then it's a small, insignificant trophy. But if you get to the final, win it and get all excited about it, that makes it a huge trophy on par with the CL - bigger if you cream your pants on the day. And if you habitually get excited about winning several FA Cups, especially if you are a crusty old yank miser, a senile old French miser or a young, handsome and enthusiastic admirer of all thing Wenger regardless, then it logically follows winning the FA Cup is the be all and end all of competitive sport and a sure sign of greatness (to the exclusion of any other 100 foot high signs).

Which must make the Choochoo Cup, or whatever it's called, HUGE, because everyone cheered pretty loudly when Eddie bagged a brace. Another triumph for Wenger and his genius. We're so lucky to have such an above average manager and doubly blessed he's not a lucky fuck-up. We could do the treble this year, you realise, while clubs that have not over-performed as we have (talk to Ivan the Lizard for further details) are distracted by titles and Champions Leagues. It would be total vindication for the man who has made an art of chasing anything and everything bar, what some mistakenly call, top honours.

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2017, 08:43 AM
Arsenal's AGM turned into a farce on Thursday with bumbling chairman Sir Chips Keswick unable to control the room.

The 77-year-old buffoon infuriated around 200 shareholders at the Emirates Stadium by refusing to answer relevant questions in a preposterously disdainful manner, telling one to ‘write in if you have a problem’.

All publicity is good publicity. So they say.

77 year old buffoon :haha:

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2017, 08:44 AM
A couple of other bewildered Arsenal fans were told their questions were just statements when everyone apart from the idiotic Keswick knew what they were asking.

Keswick, who has proved an even worse AGM chairman than his incompetent predecessor Peter Hill-Wood — which is really saying something — suffered the embarrassment of the vast majority of shareholders in the room voting against the resolution to re-appoint him and owner Stan Kroenke’s son Josh to the board.

Ouch.

:haha:

Marc Overmars
27-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Write in if you have a problem.

Wow. :haha:

Özim
27-10-2017, 09:24 AM
All publicity is good publicity. So they say.

77 year old buffoon :haha:

We've had more than our fair share of those, amazing we continue to employ them.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Ha ha ha

It’s time to get Hill Wood out of his crypt again?

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2017, 09:59 AM
Ha ha ha

It’s time to get Hill Wood out of his crypt again?

Maybe it's time for Josh Kroenke to come to the rescue? Reluctantly, I'll bet. But damnit! We need him!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Maybe it's time for Josh Kroenke to come to the rescue? Reluctantly, I'll bet. But damnit! We need him!

Do you remember the Gerry Anderson series Terrahawks

The old alien bitch looked like my previous boss

She had a son (or was it her nephew?) who was a total retard, that’s how I imagine Josh Kroenke to be

Cripps
27-10-2017, 10:47 AM

I think he flung his leg like that hoping the ball goes over the top of him somewhere in his path so he could run onto it, or deflects off him and goes into the box for someone else to latch on to.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-10-2017, 10:50 AM
I think he flung his leg like that hoping the ball goes over the top of him somewhere in his path so he could run onto it, or deflects off him and goes into the box for someone else to latch on to.

Just like Paolo Di Canio was trying to square the ball rather than execute a scissor kick

Give it a rest it was a good goal.

Cripps
27-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Overindulged and allowed to get away with it for far too long, life has been too easy for the board manager etc, so many excuses about how we have no money, can't compete etc etc etc giving these people free licence to cash in whilst treating fans with contempt with no comeback, this is what you get when that happens.

You won't see this at many other clubs in world football either, in most clubs there are repercussions for stuff like this, not at Arsenal though.

The funny thing is people are kicking up a fuss and trying to instigate change now when the board have such a strong foothold of the club :lol:

We had the opportunity over a number of years to try and get change but people just sat on their arses and told others to f off and support spurs.

Cripps
27-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Just like Paolo Di Canio was trying to square the ball rather than execute a scissor kick

Give it a rest it was a good goal.

Where did I say it wasn't a good goal?

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Seems like all those angry fans within Kroenke’s other sporting franchises are equally complacent, satisfied with second best Fucks too.

Love the scorn of the armchair fan

Özim
27-10-2017, 10:55 AM
The funny thing is people are kicking up a fuss and trying to instigate change now when the board have such a strong foothold of the club :lol:

We had the opportunity over a number of years to try and get change but people just sat on their arses and told others to f off and support spurs.

Yeah it seem, all falling on deaf ears though, they are laughing behind their backs and feel untouchable, Keswick being the prime example with his "next question" and "write in with any problems" remarks, they really don't give a damn and are comfortable enough about it to be blatant about out, what an embarrassment of a club, this is the next chapter in contempt of the fans, last season it was responding the calls of Wenger to go with a brand new shiny contract with pay rise.

Cripps
27-10-2017, 10:58 AM
Yeah it seem, all falling ondeaf ears though, they are laughing behind their backs and feel untouchable, Keswick being the prime example with his "next question" and "write in with any problems" remarks, they really don't give a damn and are comfortable enough about it to be blatant about out, what an embarrassment of a club, this is the next chapter in contempt of the fans, last season it was responding the calls of Wenger to go with a brand new shiny contract with pay rise.

Yep

At least we can say we were right

We did try to warn everyone :console:

Ralpheroo72
27-10-2017, 01:08 PM
AGM was an example of how much the Board couldn't give a fuck about the average Arsenal fan. Sir Chips showed his arrogance, and complete contempt for the fan on the street. Club is dead to me as long as Stan is around.

Letters
27-10-2017, 01:10 PM
That's not how you judge a big trophy. It's judged by whether you enjoy winning it or not. If you just hate winning the FA Cup final and state clearly how much you hate it, then it's a small, insignificant trophy. But if you get to the final, win it and get all excited about it, that makes it a huge trophy on par with the CL - bigger if you cream your pants on the day.
You were doing quite well then before you descended into your usual nonsense.

But yes, actually, how the fans feel about a trophy win is relevant. If we won the Milk Cup I'd think "good" but I wouldn't be gloating about it at work on Monday or buying commemorative T-shirts. Not that I really did that when we won the FA Cup but it gave us all a warm fuzzy feeling -including you and Zim even though you're now pretending you don't care about it. It shouldn't be the limit of our ambitions but it still put a smile on my face when we beat Chelsea. Should that be the limit of our ambitions? No. Did I see the season as a roaring success when we won it? Not really. But it put a silver lining on it in a way the milk cup win would not have.

Letters
27-10-2017, 01:18 PM
Did we have that opportunity? What do you think people should have done?

GP
27-10-2017, 01:27 PM

Faked their own deaths?

Özim
27-10-2017, 01:30 PM

But yes, actually, how the fans feel about a trophy win is relevant. If we won the Milk Cup I'd think "good" but I wouldn't be gloating about it at work on Monday or buying commemorative T-shirts. Not that I really did that when we won the FA Cup but it gave us all a warm fuzzy feeling -including you and Zim even though you're now pretending you don't care about it. It shouldn't be the limit of our ambitions but it still put a smile on my face when we beat Chelsea. Should that be the limit of our ambitions? No. Did I see the season as a roaring success when we won it? Not really. But it put a silver lining on it in a way the milk cup win would not have.

Fans happy when we win against a decent side shocker!

Are you surprised that people were happy when we won the FA Cup, I'd be happy if we won the League cup because it's nice to get to a final and win, it always is, however it's just a nice day out nothing more, it's not a serious competition in it's own right like it use to be, it's just a nice thing to win.

The serious stuff is the PL and the CL (the CL being the big one), that's what I think people see as a trophy, the FA Cup as a standalone trophy is fantastic if you're Portsmouth or Wigan, but for a top club and FA cup win alone doesn't represent a great season.

The fact we've won the FA Cup 3 times in 4 years speaks volumes about the competition now, even when we were a great side we couldn't win it that much and we were a million times better than we are now, which tells you top clubs no longer take it as seriously, we're nothing special as a side so if it was anything amazing we'd have to be a top top side to win it 3 times out of 4 years if the other top teams took it that seriously.

It's 2nd tier, the icing on the cake if you've won something else, but as a standalone success it's scant consolation for missing out on the big prizes and worse still not really challenging for them,

I'd rather we progressed in the CL and showed we were capable of threatening the top sides than we won the FA Cup, at least then everything wouldn't be as predictable and we coul have some hope we might one day win something of note.

Marc Overmars
27-10-2017, 01:32 PM
The fact we've won the FA Cup 3 times in 4 years speaks volumes about the competition now, even when we were a great side we couldn't win it that much and we were a million times better than we are now.

Jesus Zim.

2002, 2003 and 2005.

GP
27-10-2017, 01:33 PM

98 too.

Özim
27-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Jesus Zim.

2002, 2003 and 2005.

It was so long ago I've forgotten (should have checked before I posted that) :lol:

Can barely remember the good times nowadays as it seems like such a long time ago as well, in those days I actually cared about or matches.

2005 was the beginning of the end as it turned out, but anyway the point is when we won it then we were something special, nowadays we're mediocre and yet winning it most of the time, if it was anything like it was before Chelsea and Man City would be winning it all the time.

Cripps
27-10-2017, 02:28 PM
AGM was an example of how much the Board couldn't give a fuck about the average Arsenal fan.

Our fan base let them.

Cripps
27-10-2017, 02:29 PM

Joined protests instead of laughed, been more vocal, supported banners, boycotted.

Cripps
27-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Fans happy when we win against a decent side shocker!

Are you surprised that people were happy when we won the FA Cup, I'd be happy if we won the League cup because it's nice to get to a final and win, it always is, however it's just a nice day out nothing more, it's not a serious competition in it's own right like it use to be, it's just a nice thing to win.

The serious stuff is the PL and the CL (the CL being the big one), that's what I think people see as a trophy, the FA Cup as a standalone trophy is fantastic if you're Portsmouth or Wigan, but for a top club and FA cup win alone doesn't represent a great season.

The fact we've won the FA Cup 3 times in 4 years speaks volumes about the competition now, even when we were a great side we couldn't win it that much and we were a million times better than we are now, which tells you top clubs no longer take it as seriously, we're nothing special as a side so if it was anything amazing we'd have to be a top top side to win it 3 times out of 4 years if the other top teams took it that seriously.

It's 2nd tier, the icing on the cake if you've won something else, but as a standalone success it's scant consolation for missing out on the big prizes and worse still not really challenging for them,

I'd rather we progressed in the CL and showed we were capable of threatening the top sides than we won the FA Cup, at least then everything wouldn't be as predictable and we coul have some hope we might one day win something of note.

Looking back now honestly I would swap the FA cups if it meant Wenger had left after Hull.

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2017, 02:57 PM

Except it's not my nonsense, is it? It's yours. Ain't me reminding people they cheered when we won a cup. I don't bother because it seems bloody obvious to me. Just because people want that cock Wenger out doesn't mean they want the club to lose in an FA Cup final.

Lies again Letters. Who is pretending they didn't care about winning the FA Cup? I was there with the rest of them cheering when we won it. So what does that mean? Wenger is the bee's knees? That's a leap I can't make with you.

Basically you're saying what I'm saying. FA Cup? Cheers, I'm having that! Wenger? Out!

So why do you jump in all the time and pretend this guy is something he's not? He's definitely got a great FA Cup record. It would be silly to try to take that away from him. Just as it would be silly to try and claim he has anything other than a tragic title record over the last 10 years or an absolutely laughable European record in general. We make the judgements based on what he has at his disposal.

What did I say yesterday?
200 million quid for transfers over the last couple of years.
Total autonomy.

And we still at the level we were at 10 years ago, and soon to be at an even lower level when our key players walk out - on frees mind you?

If there's something impressive in all of this that deserves credit then point it out. I can't see it from where I'm standing.

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2017, 03:01 PM
Joined protests instead of laughed, been more vocal, supported banners, boycotted.

Refrained from singing, "One Arsene Wenger", when a section of the fans tried to protest?

We know that Kroenke is the enemy of Arsenal. We know Wenger is the anchor around the club's neck. But it's not as well know that certain sections of the fanbase are subservient pricks who make matters worse whenever they fall on their knees and open their gobs in anticipation of Wenger cock.

Cripps
27-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Except it's not my nonsense, is it? It's yours. Ain't me reminding people they cheered when we won a cup. I don't bother because it seems bloody obvious to me. Just because people want that cock Wenger out doesn't mean they want the club to lose in an FA Cup final.

Lies again Letters. Who is pretending they didn't care about winning the FA Cup? I was there with the rest of them cheering when we won it. So what does that mean? Wenger is the bee's knees? That's a leap I can't make with you.

Basically you're saying what I'm saying. FA Cup? Cheers, I'm having that! Wenger? Out!

So why do you jump in all the time and pretend this guy is something he's not? He's definitely got a great FA Cup record. It would be silly to try to take that away from him. Just as it would be silly to try and claim he has anything other than a tragic title record over the last 10 years or an absolutely laughable European record in general. We make the judgements based on what he has at his disposal.

What did I say yesterday?
200 million quid for transfers over the last couple of years.
Total autonomy.

And we still at the level we were at 10 years ago, and soon to be at an even lower level when our key players walk out - on frees mind you?

If there's something impressive in all of this that deserves credit then point it out. I can't see it from where I'm standing.

Power n Glory
27-10-2017, 03:24 PM

98 too.

:doh:

Cripps
27-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Refrained from singing, "One Arsene Wenger", when a section of the fans tried to protest?

We know that Kroenke is the enemy of Arsenal. We know Wenger is the anchor around the club's neck. But it's not as well know that certain sections of the fanbase are subservient pricks who make matters worse whenever they fall on their knees and open their gobs in anticipation of Wenger cock.

:gp: :gp:

Letters
27-10-2017, 06:17 PM
Jesus Zim.

2002, 2003 and 2005.

Letters
27-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Except it's not my nonsense, is it? It's yours.
No, this:

But if you get to the final, win it and get all excited about it, that makes it a huge trophy on par with the CL - bigger if you cream your pants on the day. And if you habitually get excited about winning several FA Cups, especially if you are a crusty old yank miser, a senile old French miser or a young, handsome and enthusiastic admirer of all thing Wenger regardless, then it logically follows winning the FA Cup is the be all and end all of competitive sport and a sure sign of greatness (to the exclusion of any other 100 foot high signs).

Is definitely your nonsense. It's another of your straw men arguments, arguing against a position which no-one takes. I honestly can't tell if you are dumb or just pretending to be.

Ain't me reminding people they cheered when we won a cup.
I'm reminding people who are now pretending they don't care about the FA Cup that they cheered when we won the Cup and even used it as part of their reasoning for approving of Wenger signing a new contract.

Lies again Letters. ... So what does that mean? Wenger is the bee's knees? That's a leap I can't make with you.
It's interesting you accuse me of lying and then later in the same line you lie about my position :lol: Wenger is the bees knees? Where have I said that? Yes, I'll argue against some of the more extreme nonsense about him, but him being "the worst manager in football" and "the bees knees" are not the only two options.

Again, I've not said there is. Why not try debating what I actually am saying, not what you pretend I am when you know I'm not. And you have the audacity to call me a liar? Sheesh!

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2017, 07:02 PM
That first paragraph you highlight is a parody of your position. It's not my position. It's your standard trench posture when anyone suggests the FA Cup is a second tier tournament, which of course it is. FA Cup is a second rate trophy? Ah, but you were pleased enough when we won it! QED Letters wins the Internet. So, you see, it is indeed your own ridiculous nonsense we are discussing here.

The thing you seem to miss is that not many people talk to you. What happens is, somebody makes a point and then you dive in and make some general statement about that somebody saying something different at a previous time. I suppose the implication is the person concerned is wrong now because they said something else previously. And because you tend to insert yourself into any debate that even mildly criticises Wenger, you use these tactics in an attempt to disprove each and every criticism of the bloke. For sure, I know you have a few stock phrases on hand to make it look like your defence is applied evenly. Yes he should be sacked, gobble, gobble, gobble, yes he should have done better, gobble, gobble, swallow. It's a pattern I'm sure everyone is familiar with. Along with the other habits and patterns, such as twisting context, stealing context and pushing it back on your protagonists, reflection techniques, and so on. The more people engage with you the more words you can steal from them for your purpose and the more sentences and paragraphs you have to selectively choose from and liberally distort. That's why I mean when I point out the fact you are a liar.

Then, when people do the same to you, and even exaggerate to make it clear what the intent is, you muster up your chutzpah and... call them a liar. I have to admit, it's entertaining.

But anyway, it seems very important to you that Wenger be considered an above average manager who somehow, despite his record, has done good work at the club in the last decade. Fine. Life's too short. I concur. Wenger is an above average manager who has done good work at the club during the last decade.

All that remains is for me to ask you a question.

Now that we agree, do you think we are fooling anyone else?

McNamara That Ghost...
27-10-2017, 07:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR0hq2el48s

Cripps
27-10-2017, 07:28 PM
That first paragraph you highlight is a parody of your position. It's not my position. It's your standard trench posture when anyone suggests the FA Cup is a second tier tournament, which of course it is. FA Cup is a second rate trophy? Ah, but you were pleased enough when we won it! QED Letters wins the Internet. So, you see, it is indeed your own ridiculous nonsense we are discussing here.

The thing you seem to miss is that not many people talk to you. What happens is, somebody makes a point and then you dive in and make some general statement about that somebody saying something different at a previous time. I suppose the implication is the person concerned is wrong now because they said something else previously. And because you tend to insert yourself into any debate that even mildly criticises Wenger, you use these tactics in an attempt to disprove each and every criticism of the bloke. For sure, I know you have a few stock phrases on hand to make it look like your defence is applied evenly. Yes he should be sacked, gobble, gobble, gobble, yes he should have done better, gobble, gobble, swallow. It's a pattern I'm sure everyone is familiar with. Along with the other habits and patterns, such as twisting context, stealing context and pushing it back on your protagonists, reflection techniques, and so on. The more people engage with you the more words you can steal from them for your purpose and the more sentences and paragraphs you have to selectively choose from and liberally distort. That's why I mean when I point out the fact you are a liar.

Then, when people do the same to you, and even exaggerate to make it clear what the intent is, you muster up your chutzpah and... call them a liar. I have to admit, it's entertaining.

But anyway, it seems very important to you that Wenger be considered an above average manager who somehow, despite his record, has done good work at the club in the last decade. Fine. Life's too short. I concur. Wenger is an above average manager who has done good work at the club during the last decade.

Özim
27-10-2017, 07:35 PM

Great post, letters has always loved Venga and when it was fashionable to be open about the love for the guy he was alwasy there make a joke about what others said, now he's a closet fan who pipes up anytime anyone dares say something less than complimentary about him whilst trying to convince others he actually doesn't rate him by using the lines your very correctly highlighted.

In the past he would use the "he's not a bumbling idiot" line, but now that it appears even that is diffcult to use he's found some new material to use.

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2017, 07:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR0hq2el48s

Ridiculous. They've just nicked all that commentary from the Nick Bendtner documentary and stuck Giroud in his place :sulk:

Cripps
27-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Great post, letters has always loved Venga and when it was fashionable to be open about the love for the guy he was alwasy there make a joke about what others said, now he's a closet fan who pipes up anytime anyone dares say something less than complimentary about him whilst trying to convince others he actually doesn't rate him by using the lines your very correctly highlighted.

In the past he would use the "he's not a bumbling idiot" line, but now that it appears even that is diffcult to use he's found some new material to use.

Some fans just can't accept their messiah is past it

Letters :console:

Cripps
27-10-2017, 08:30 PM

Have you heard the latest theory

We've got to keep Wenger cause he's the only one that cares

Yeah let's keep a failed, tactically inept has-been because he seems to care in his £8m a year job :haha: :haha:

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2017, 09:20 PM
John Cross Comedy Special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5mJO7GXxfo

Power n Glory
27-10-2017, 11:01 PM

:gp: Good points made despite this topic being spun to death. Letters will find a way to make the exact same points again with Zim or someone else.

Xhaka Can’t
28-10-2017, 09:12 AM

You must be an amazing player!

Xhaka Can’t
28-10-2017, 09:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IicmCu47pMo

I see you and raise:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XsZkCFoqSBs

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
28-10-2017, 09:27 AM

He really is the consummate circle of access journalist

It’s almost like someone like Gonella has said yeah you can savage Sir Chips as long as you make sure you extol the virtues of the Kroenkes.

GP
28-10-2017, 09:54 AM
I see you and raise:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XsZkCFoqSBs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYa3V7GIizI

Niall_Quinn
29-10-2017, 11:00 AM
Caught the end of Sunday Supplement and good job I did because there's some great news for the fanbase. Despite the negativity surrounding the AGM, according to what the journos have been told by the club, all the problems are down to just a few fans who repeatedly criticise the club. Their views do not represent the vast majority of the fans. So they are rightfully ignored and abused. All is well then. The club is metrically outperforming all the top teams, Wenger is the right man for the job, Kroenke is in it because he loves Arsenal and the fans, bar one or two rabid troublemakers who refuse to read the Telegraph, are happy.

Excellent.

Gooner23
29-10-2017, 11:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYa3V7GIizI

:cloud9:

What a player he was

Cripps
29-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Caught the end of Sunday Supplement and good job I did because there's some great news for the fanbase. Despite the negativity surrounding the AGM, according to what the journos have been told by the club, all the problems are down to just a few fans who repeatedly criticise the club. Their views do not represent the vast majority of the fans. So they are rightfully ignored and abused. All is well then. The club is metrically outperforming all the top teams, Wenger is the right man for the job, Kroenke is in it because he loves Arsenal and the fans, bar one or two rabid troublemakers who refuse to read the Telegraph, are happy.

Excellent.

F off and support spurs.

Niall_Quinn
29-10-2017, 12:20 PM
F off and support spurs.

Leave my wallet before I go?

Niall_Quinn
29-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Happy fans sharing a laugh with their betters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlE4Ld1--og

Niall_Quinn
29-10-2017, 12:43 PM
This one has video of Wenger's speech instead of just audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-FR4ENMHfg

Niall_Quinn
29-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Cross :bow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBqc095TRU0

Niall_Quinn
29-10-2017, 01:01 PM
Sir Hot Potato Silver Spoon :bow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvLrD8KWD5k

GP
29-10-2017, 01:05 PM
"Thank you for your statement"

That was hilarious.

Cripps
29-10-2017, 01:46 PM
Happy fans sharing a laugh with their betters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlE4Ld1--og

It only took them 10 years :lol:

Cripps
29-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Cross :bow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBqc095TRU0

So kroenkes staying and so is wenger. Have a great week everyone :tiphat:

The Emirates Gallactico
29-10-2017, 02:08 PM

Finally got around to watching that last night.

How John Cross is able to call himself an objective journalist is beyond me - nothing more than a sycophant for Kroenke. Bigging him up here just so he hopefully can get more "exclusives".

"No other owner including Abromovich & the Glazers have spoken to the media as much as the Kroenkes"

Well, no shit dummy, as they care more about delivering on the pitch and don't need puff PR pieces to demonstrate their ambition. They don't need to talk to your shithouse rag as actions speak louder than words!

Blink 1nce Quince 2wice
29-10-2017, 04:13 PM
I think it was a Jeremy Wilson on he ArseAmericapodcast who pretty much said the same thing to be honest. It is an interesting point of view but if course in any case it doesn't mean Kroenke is a good owner or speaking as much as he should given his actions to date or lack of action.

Letters
29-10-2017, 04:57 PM

*sigh*

This really isn't difficult to understand. Please try.
I DO think Wenger has failed and if we had a board who cared about progress on the field rather than on the balance sheet he'd have been sacked by now.
I DON'T think he will ever win the biggest prizes again for us.
I DON'T jump into every conversation where people criticise Wenger. If I did I'd get involved in every conversation on here which I don't.
I DO respond to some of the more extreme nonsense because...well, I think it's nonsense.
When you start saying stuff like we have an "average squad" and "awful manager" then yes, I will challenge that. It is self-evidently not true.
That doesn't mean I secretly still want Wenger to be our manager.
Is this really so difficult to grasp?
The other day I responded to a post where you said it doesn't matter how Wenger does, I said obviously that's not true but the board don't have the same goals as the fans - it was a pretty clear dig at the board and not a defence of Wenger or anyone else and I still not accused of defending Wenger. :doh:

This board is becoming like the gun lobby in the US when someone says "Umm. Maybe we should take big guns away from mentally ill people or people on no fly lists who the FBI have suspicions about?" the response is always "FUCK YOU! YOU WANT TO TAKE EVERYONE'S GUNS AWAY!". It makes sensible conversation about the issue very difficult and debate is similarly difficult on here because responding to some of the nonsense on here always leads to accusations like the above.

And people wonder why the more sensible debaters left.
Syn :rose:

Power n Glory
29-10-2017, 06:27 PM
*sigh*

This really isn't difficult to understand. Please try.
I DO think Wenger has failed and if we had a board who cared about progress on the field rather than on the balance sheet he'd have been sacked by now.
I DON'T think he will ever win the biggest prizes again for us.
I DON'T jump into every conversation where people criticise Wenger. If I did I'd get involved in every conversation on here which I don't.
I DO respond to some of the more extreme nonsense because...well, I think it's nonsense.
When you start saying stuff like we have an "average squad" and "awful manager" then yes, I will challenge that. It is self-evidently not true.
That doesn't mean I secretly still want Wenger to be our manager.
Is this really so difficult to grasp?
The other day I responded to a post where you said it doesn't matter how Wenger does, I said obviously that's not true but the board don't have the same goals as the fans - it was a pretty clear dig at the board and not a defence of Wenger or anyone else and I still not accused of defending Wenger. :doh:

This board is becoming like the gun lobby in the US when someone says "Umm. Maybe we should take big guns away from mentally ill people or people on no fly lists who the FBI have suspicions about?" the response is always "FUCK YOU! YOU WANT TO TAKE EVERYONE'S GUNS AWAY!". It makes sensible conversation about the issue very difficult and debate is similarly difficult on here because responding to some of the nonsense on here always leads to accusations like the above.

And people wonder why the more sensible debaters left.
Syn :rose:

When have you ever tried to get involved with a sensible debate? You chime in to challenge the most extreme or exaggerated thing in a post and choose to focus on that. Just above your post you have people talking about the AGM event and you decide to drag this one back up with saying what you've said a million times already.

Letters
29-10-2017, 07:05 PM
When have you ever tried to get involved with a sensible debate? You chime in to challenge the most extreme or exaggerated thing in a post and choose to focus on that. Just above your post you have people talking about the AGM event and you decide to drag this one back up with saying what you've said a million times already.

Engage with what I've said or fuck off. I've had enough of your shit.
And I replied to this late because I was on a work trip and have been travelling.

GP
29-10-2017, 07:44 PM

Cripps
29-10-2017, 08:34 PM
And I replied to this late because I was on a work trip and have been travelling.

Is this really the type of language and behaviour that should be coming from a mod?

Letters
29-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Is this really the type of language and behaviour a mod should be engaging in?

Yeah.

Cripps
29-10-2017, 08:36 PM
Yeah.

Well it isn't.

A moderator should be setting an example. If you can't see it maybe you should step down.

Letters
29-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Quite honestly it's pretty pointless engaging with someone who posts shit like this

Wenger won

Pochetinno lost

Wenger > pochetinno

Letters and GP logic:lol:

Cripps
29-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Quite honestly it's pretty pointless engaging with someone who posts shit like this

Here we go, Letters adding fuel when he should be doing the complete opposite. You've really lost track of what it is to be a mod and set a poor example to the whole forum.

Letters
29-10-2017, 08:44 PM

:good:

Özim
29-10-2017, 08:47 PM
I know another guy who won't stepdown :run:

Letters
29-10-2017, 08:48 PM
:lol: That was quite good. Well done.
Although he gets paid quite a lot more than me to put up with this much nonsense.
Letters Out! :angry:

Cripps
29-10-2017, 08:51 PM
Letters you're the Arsene Wenger of the forum.

You're clearly well out of your depth and not capable of being a moderator, but you fail to see it and instead tighten control by going on the front foot. A dinosaur moderator from a different era that is out of touch with the modern GW.

Letters
29-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback.
Next time we have mod elections feel free to vote for someone else.

Niall_Quinn
29-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback.
Next time we have mod elections feel free to vote for someone else.

Chips :bow:

Letters
29-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Kim Jong Letters :bow:

:cool:

Power n Glory
29-10-2017, 09:00 PM

:doh: If you've had enough then take a walk! Constantly complaining about the state of GW. Quit whining or fuck off.

Cripps
29-10-2017, 09:02 PM
:doh: If you've had enough then take a walk! Constantly complaining about the state of GW. Quit whining or fuck off.

Init :lol:

Responds like that then complains about the state of GW :haha:

Power n Glory
29-10-2017, 09:04 PM
Init :lol:

Responds like that then complains about the state of GW :haha:

Then wonders about the quality of debates? The guys an idiot.

Cripps
29-10-2017, 09:31 PM
We need an AGM

Annual goonersweb meeting:bow:

Then the posters can vote and revolt :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
29-10-2017, 09:57 PM
You can send us a letter if you have a complaint.

Letters
29-10-2017, 10:01 PM
You can send us a letter if you have a complaint.

We will thank them for the interest in our affairs

Letters
29-10-2017, 10:04 PM
Then wonders about the quality of debates? The guys an idiot.

Nah. If I was an idiot I wouldn't know that "guy's" should have an apostrophe.

Internet points :bow:

Letters
29-10-2017, 10:06 PM
We need an AGM

Annual goonersweb meeting:bow:

Then the posters can vote and revolt :bow:
A lot of the posters on here certainly are revolting... :coffee:

Cripps
29-10-2017, 10:18 PM
I think we should have an amnesty and invite some old posters back. This place needs some activity.

We want our goonersweb back :bow:

Letters
29-10-2017, 10:20 PM
Pretty much all of them are welcome back.
A few got banned but only very few, the rest just drifted away and would be welcome back.

Cripps
29-10-2017, 10:26 PM
Cripps:bow:

Marc Overmars
29-10-2017, 10:30 PM
This place has gone to the dogs but I suppose it’s also a reflection on the club as well.

Letters
29-10-2017, 10:33 PM
This place has gone to the dogs but I suppose it’s also a reflection on the club as well.
Definitely a factor but it's not the only one.

Cripps
29-10-2017, 10:37 PM

A lot of people with opposing views were banned over the years and it's been sanitised.

Marc Overmars
29-10-2017, 10:44 PM
A lot of people with opposing views were banned over the years and it's been sanitised.

Who are you? Obviously an old member under a different guise.

Letters
29-10-2017, 10:55 PM

A lot? Do carry on.
Some were - not because of opposing views, if I banned people with opposing views then what are you, PnG and NQ still doing here?
Most people just drifted away.

Cripps
29-10-2017, 11:08 PM
Those with opposing views were ridiculed, insulted and laughed at, and when they reacted were banned.

Letters
29-10-2017, 11:32 PM
Those with opposing views were ridiculed, insulted and laughed at, and when they reacted were banned.
Who? Name names. Compared with how many posters we had on here at the board's height very, very few who no longer post were actually banned.
And that's a bit rich coming from the person who posted:

Wenger won

Pochetinno lost

Wenger > pochetinno

Letters and GP logic:lol:

And what do you want? You want opposing views on here? In another thread you posted to me

You always seem apologetic when it comes to wenger or provide a positive spin when someone is criticising wenger or pop up and provide a devils advocate scenario.

So...you think this board would be better if we didn't have opposing views? That would make for better debate, would it? :shrug:
If anything the problem I see is that there aren't opposing views. The only acceptable opinion on here is that Wenger is a ****, any variation from that is met with nonsense like the above. And the second of those was a response to a post I made which was a criticism of the board, it wasn't defending them or Wenger in the slightest. Too often people seem to be responding to things I've not said.

This board has gone to the dogs simply because too many posters have left. There haven't been mass bannings of people who disagree with me, were that so there would hardly be anyone left. Those that are left don't seem to be able to debate anything without taking things to extremes.

The Emirates Gallactico
30-10-2017, 01:51 AM
I've never seen Letters and Wenger in the same room.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
30-10-2017, 06:14 AM

I joined this place in 2011, by that time I wanted Wenger gone

Don’t recall ever being ridiculed, insulted or laughed at (well not for that reason)

Gooner23
30-10-2017, 07:15 AM
There's just very little to debate anymore. We're the most predictable team going.

Cripps
30-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Who? Name names. Compared with how many posters we had on here at the board's height very, very few who no longer post were actually banned.
And that's a bit rich coming from the person who posted:

And what do you want? You want opposing views on here? In another thread you posted to me

So...you think this board would be better if we didn't have opposing views? That would make for better debate, would it? :shrug:
If anything the problem I see is that there aren't opposing views. The only acceptable opinion on here is that Wenger is a ****, any variation from that is met with nonsense like the above. And the second of those was a response to a post I made which was a criticism of the board, it wasn't defending them or Wenger in the slightest. Too often people seem to be responding to things I've not said.

This board has gone to the dogs simply because too many posters have left. There haven't been mass bannings of people who disagree with me, were that so there would hardly be anyone left. Those that are left don't seem to be able to debate anything without taking things to extremes.

Cripps

Josh

SWAYR

Just a few of the posters off the top of my head.

As I said, it always seems to be the ones with opposing views, never the pro Wenger ones. And that's because they get into personal duels with you, and you antagonise, poke and add fuel, until the heat gets too much for you then you press the magic button.

Yes the board was quite feisty back then but it was fun and active. Let's have an amnesty and invite people back :bow:

#WeWantOurGoonerswebBack :bow:

Niall_Quinn
30-10-2017, 08:46 AM
I've never seen Letters and Wenger in the same room.

When you put it like that, it all becomes rather obvious.

Niall_Quinn
30-10-2017, 08:47 AM
I joined this place in 2011, by that time I wanted Wenger gone

Don’t recall ever being ridiculed, insulted or laughed at (well not for that reason)

What a cunt you are :haha:

Ridiculous bloke.

GTFO - go and post somewhere else.

Letters
30-10-2017, 08:56 AM

Ridiculous bloke.

We don't want any of these anti-Wenger scum on here. Not on my watch :sulk:

Cripps
30-10-2017, 09:08 AM
The board was never the same since charlie got bullied out of here tbh :haha:

Chaz:bow:

Letters
30-10-2017, 09:09 AM
Cripps

Josh

SWAYR
Cripps, yes. That was in 2013 I also banned Mr Singh in 2011 and SWAYR in 2015.
In terms of regular posters, that's it. So that's 3. Those are the only regular posters who I have banned on this board.
I don't know who "Josh" is. There is no user of that name on here. Maybe on the old board.

Cripps in particular was banned multiple times, allowed back multiple times. That pattern is true for other banned posters. It was incredibly difficult to get permanently banned from this place back in the day.

As I said, it always seems to be the ones with opposing views, never the pro Wenger ones. And that's because they get into personal duels with you, and you antagonise, poke and add fuel, until the heat gets too much for you then you press the magic button.
There are 143 posters signed up here who have posted 100 or more times. I've banned 3. All for persistent WUMing or abuse, never for anti-Wenger views.
Your argument is completely undermined by the fact I haven't banned you or anyone else on here who is rabidly anti-Wenger. Zim's still here, isn't he? He is the poster boy for "Wenger Out".

Yes the board was quite feisty back then but it was fun and active. Let's have an amnesty and invite people back :bow:
#WeWantOurGoonerswebBack :bow:

Almost all the old regular posters are welcome back any time they want. An amnesty isn't needed because only a few regular posters were ever permanently banned.
The only problem with this place is the lack of regular posters, most of the old ones still have active accounts and could come back any time they want.

Cripps
30-10-2017, 09:30 AM
Cripps, yes. That was in 2013 I also banned Mr Singh in 2011 and SWAYR in 2015.
In terms of regular posters, that's it. So that's 3. Those are the only regular posters who I have banned on this board.
I don't know who "Josh" is. There is no user of that name on here. Maybe on the old board.

Cripps in particular was banned multiple times, allowed back multiple times. That pattern is true for other banned posters. It was incredibly difficult to get permanently banned from this place back in the day.

There are 143 posters signed up here who have posted 100 or more times. I've banned 3. All for persistent WUMing or abuse, never for anti-Wenger views.
Your argument is completely undermined by the fact I haven't banned you or anyone else on here who is rabidly anti-Wenger. Zim's still here, isn't he? He is the poster boy for "Wenger Out".

Almost all the old regular posters are welcome back any time they want. An amnesty isn't needed because only a few regular posters were ever permanently banned.
The only problem with this place is the lack of regular posters, most of the old ones still have active accounts and could come back any time they want.

As I said, it starts off as being anti Wenger, then when they get into personal duels with you, you press the magic button because you have the power to do so. There's a common denominator of them being anti Wenger and that's ultimately where it all starts. Why are you never banned and its always them, despite you being equally to blame?

Josh- the black dude you met whilst you were in America.

Also what happened to MK? He got banned as well I think.

These posters added character and excitement to the forum. They were controversial but contributed a lot. One by one they got banned and it's bought the place to a standstill.

Niall_Quinn
30-10-2017, 09:34 AM

Oh really?

Do tell more.

Cripps
30-10-2017, 09:36 AM

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
30-10-2017, 09:36 AM

Ridiculous bloke.

That’s just your way of being friendly

Letters
30-10-2017, 09:40 AM
OK. Again. 3 regular posters banned by me on this board. Ever. None for anti-Wenger views. Otherwise why would you or Zim or NQ or pretty much anyone still be here?
143 posters with over 100 posts. 55 with over 1000. So there are plenty of regular posters who are free to come back any time they want.

Niall_Quinn
30-10-2017, 09:40 AM
That’s just your way of being friendly

Correct. I thought you were complaining about missing out.

Niall_Quinn
30-10-2017, 09:46 AM
OK. Again. 3 regular posters banned by me on this board. Ever. None for anti-Wenger views. Otherwise why would you or Zim or NQ or pretty much anyone still be here?
143 posters with over 100 posts. 55 with over 1000. So there are plenty of regular posters who are free to come back any time they want.

Why do you keep mentioning me? And Zim? Do you have some sort of bias against anti-Wenger posters? It certainly does seem that way.

And - "I don't know who "Josh" is." That's a bit too convenient really. The irony of it, you always on here defending alternative lifestyles but now you go quiet when it relates to you.

Letters
30-10-2017, 09:48 AM
Why do you keep mentioning me? And Zim? Do you have some sort of bias against anti-Wenger posters? It certainly does seem that way.
It's my "To Ban" list. Not very good at getting around to things.
Weirdly, I do remember meeting Josh in NY but cannot find a user account with that name on this board or the old. Pretty sure he isn't banned though.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
30-10-2017, 09:49 AM
As I said, it starts off as being anti Wenger, then when they get into personal duels with you, you press the magic button because you have the power to do so. There's a common denominator of them being anti Wenger and that's ultimately where it all starts. Why are you never banned and its always them, despite you being equally to blame?

Also what happened to MK? He got banned as well I think.

These posters added character and excitement to the forum. They were controversial but contributed a lot. One by one they got banned and it's bought the place to a standstill.

But if that was such a relevant common denominator, almost all of us would be gone.

There is an almost total absence here of support for Wenger being the manager, where as five years earlier there was a lot more if anything it’s a microcosm of the entire Arsenal fan base itself.

This particular site started in 2011 and before that it was hosted on another server (although didn’t use it much then) but having looked at this forum and compared to most this has been the most consistently hostile to Wenger....and as someone who wanted him gone that’s why I come here most.

Even within the anti Wenger sentiment there seems to be a subset which you Zim and occupy....where there is a real hatred for the guy, it’s not a sentiment I share and sometimes I think it borders on the ridiculous (although I have almost no respect for him after the way he went about getting his new contract)

You seem to be, to me at any rate....seem more aggrieved that other people weren’t as anti Wenger as you from the off.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
30-10-2017, 09:51 AM
Correct. I thought you were complaining about missing out.

I was. I used to run a debating club at university....used to end in knife fights

Letters
30-10-2017, 09:55 AM
Full disclosure. We did also ban a user called "achat sextoys" before he/she had even posted.
But Maccy did that. The bastard. :sulk:

Letters
30-10-2017, 10:07 AM
This particular site started in 2011 and before that it was hosted on another server (although didn’t use it much then).

Pretty sure that we had an amnesty when we did that actually. Anyone who was banned on the old board was free to sign up. Clean slate. Anyone banned since was done so for persistent WUMming or abuse. And it is only 3 regular posters. Just checked the post stats and there has just generally been a steady decline as people have drifted off and not many new posters have joined.
The lack of activity is nothing to do with a few posters being banned, the trend had already started on the old board.

Özim
30-10-2017, 10:17 AM
But if that was such a relevant common denominator, almost all of us would be gone.

There is an almost total absence here of support for Wenger being the manager, where as five years earlier there was a lot more if anything it’s a microcosm of the entire Arsenal fan base itself.

This particular site started in 2011 and before that it was hosted on another server (although didn’t use it much then) but having looked at this forum and compared to most this has been the most consistently hostile to Wenger....and as someone who wanted him gone that’s why I come here most.

Even within the anti Wenger sentiment there seems to be a subset which you Zim and occupy....where there is a real hatred for the guy, it’s not a sentiment I share and sometimes I think it borders on the ridiculous (although I have almost no respect for him after the way he went about getting his new contract)

You seem to be, to me at any rate....seem more aggrieved that other people weren’t as anti Wenger as you from the off.

The thing is the anti-Wenger sentiment is a more recent thing, back in the day everyone supported him and only a few didn't rate the guy (me being one of them) and these people were rounded on and ridiculed for having an opinion, often goaded with joke comments and ironically none of those posters (very much WUMs got banned).

Yes sure now people want Wenger out, not really a surprise though, it's the popular opinion now as noone in their right minds can possibly have a valid football argument for wanting to keep him on, I stayed on the right side personally by not getting personal or insulting other posters, despite insults being thrown at me, but I prefer it that way.

There's one guy in particular on here who hs goaded people for years and never got banned, why? Because he's always been pro Wenger and has got in with some of the more pro Wenger mods, he was just as much to blame for stuff as anyone else, yet he's still here, that tells it's own story. I'm not saying he should have been banned, I wouldn't go that that route personally, but if you're gonna ban some of those who have been, he definitely should have been on the list as well.

I'm entitled to my opinion, in football terms yes, I can't stand the guy, he's everything bad abut football today, look where we are because of him, he's destroying this club and I think he gets far too much credit as well, outide football I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, but I don't know him personally, all I see is a man who seems to lie to the fans, do the weirdest things just to prove people wrong and sees himself as untouchable. If you want an indication of how powerful Wenger is you don't need to look far, look at how Keswick behaved, he only did so because he clearly feels above everyone else there and can't be bothered to entertain their ridiculous ideas/questions (to him), Wenger is in the same position the only difference being he is a better speaker, a much better speaker, he does however see himself as some sort of messiah for the club.

People have humoured Wenger for far too long and when people treat you like some sort of god in a lot of people it makes them feel like one and they then feel superior, pretty much what has happened to Wenger, just listen to him talk and listen to how he's happy to blame the fans, only someone very very comfortable in their position would feel able to do that. He even went as far as defending Keswick after the AGM, he could have kept quiet and said the AGM is over etc etc, but no he defended the guy, unbelievable.

NQ is spot on with what he says, if someone kicks you in the teeth (not literally) you don't then get up and say don't worry about it, you're a great guy!

Cripps
30-10-2017, 10:20 AM
Anyone banned since was done so for persistent WUMming or abuse.

But you always got away with it despite being equally to blame :rolleyes:

Using stats to distort reality and absolve himself of any blame :bow:

Letters going full on Wenger mode :bow:

The similarities between you and Wenger are actually hilarious :haha:

Özim
30-10-2017, 10:21 AM

Interestingly Cripps is on another board (posting in the same way) and has not been banned, which is funny because people use to say to me on any other forum some posters would get banned for far less than those who have been banned would have been. Clearly that's not the case.

Cripps
30-10-2017, 10:23 AM
The thing is the anti-Wenger sentiment is a more recent thing, back in the day everyone supported him and only a few didn't rate the guy (me being one of them) and these people were rounded on and ridiculed for having an opinion, often goaded with joke comments and ironically none of those posters (very much WUMs got banned).

Yes sure now people want Wenger out, not really a surprise though, it's the popular opinion now as noone in their right minds can possibly have a valid football argument for wanting to keep him on, I stayed on the right side personally by not getting personal or insulting other posters, despite insults being thrown at me, but I prefer it that way.

There's one guy in particular on here who hs goaded people for years and never got banned, why? Because he's always been pro Wenger and has got in with some of the more pro Wenger mods, he was just as much to blame for stuff as anyone else, yet he's still here, that tells it's own story. I'm not saying he should have been banned, I wouldn't go that that route personally, but if you're gonna ban some of those who have been, he definitely should have been on the list as well.

I'm entitled to my opinion, in football terms yes, I can't stand the guy, he's everything bad abut football today, look where we are because of him, he's destroying this club and I think he gets far too much credit as well, outide football I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, but I don't know him personally, all I see is a man who seems to lie to the fans, do the weirdest things just to prove people wrong and sees himself as untouchable. If you want an indication of how powerful Wenger is you don't need to look far, look at how Keswick behaved, he only did so because he clearly feels above everyone else there and can't be bothered to entertain their ridiculous ideas/questions (to him), Wenger is in the same position the only difference being he is a better speaker, a much better speaker, he does however see himself as some sort of messiah for the club.

People have humoured Wenger for far too long and when people treat you like some sort of god in a lot of people it makes them feel like one and they then feel superior, pretty much what has happened to Wenger, just listen to him talk and listen to how he's happy to blame the fans, only someone very very comfortable in their position would feel able to do that. He even went as far as defending Keswick after the AGM, he could have kept quiet and said the AGM is over etc etc, but no he defended the guy, unbelievable.

NQ is spot on with what he says, if someone kicks you in the teeth (not literally) you don't then get up and say don't worry about it, you're a great guy!

6-0 6-0 6-0

Game. Set. Match.

Zimm :bow:

Letters
How can stats distort reality?
When we started this forum there was an amnesty. Anyone was free to join up.
Since then, 2011, I have banned 3 regular posters.
Those are facts.
It's quite amazing you're doubling down on your vague assertions that I have banned anti-Wenger people given those facts and the general anti-Wenger mood on this board.

Cripps
Interestingly Cripps is on another board (posting in the same way) and has not been banned, which is funny because people use to say to me on any other forum some posters would get banned for far less than those who have been banned would have been. Clearly that's not the case.

Really? What board?

Özim
30-10-2017, 10:24 AM

And - "I don't know who "Josh" is." That's a bit too convenient really. The irony of it, you always on here defending alternative lifestyles but now you go quiet when it relates to you.

Letters IMO has always had a bias against anti-Wenger posters, he would never jump in on pro-Wenger supporters however ridiculous their posts were because it suited his opinion.

Özim
30-10-2017, 10:24 AM
Really? What board?

Goonersworld.

Letters
30-10-2017, 10:27 AM

Two early threads on this incarnation of the board. One started by me.

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=52
http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=45

Both predominantly critical of Wenger although it should be noted there are more posters involved and some good debate by posters who are all still members and can all still post when they want.

Letters
30-10-2017, 10:30 AM
Letters IMO has always had a bias against anti-Wenger posters, he would never jump in on pro-Wenger supporters however ridiculous their posts were because it suited his opinion.

Yes. I have views. Those views are reflected in my posts, as are yours, as are anyone's.
But I've never tried to stifle any Wenger views. I may have responded to them as I see fit.
The idea that anyone has been banned for anti-Wenger view is ludicrous, as evidenced by the fact you are still here as are many others who are anti-Wenger.

Letters
30-10-2017, 10:32 AM
look where we are because of him
Interested by this comment (he says, trying to drag the conversation back to Arsenal).
Where do you think we are as a club?

Cripps
30-10-2017, 10:33 AM
How can stats distort reality?
When we started this forum there was an amnesty. Anyone was free to join up.
Since then, 2011, I have banned 3 regular posters.
Those are facts.
It's quite amazing you're doubling down on your vague assertions that I have banned anti-Wenger people given those facts and the general anti-Wenger mood on this board.

You suggesting the lack of activity is nothing to do with a few posters being banned is funny. They contributed a hell of a lot, more than 95% of the others combined.

Özim
30-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Two early threads on this incarnation of the board. One started by me.

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=52
http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=45

Both predominantly critical of Wenger although it should be noted there are more posters involved and some good debate by posters who are all still members and can all still post when they want.

I don't understand your point, when you posted we'd had a monumental collapse, you're hardly going to go in and praise him then, your post wasn't really particularly critical either, it was just posting the fact we'd collapsed.

It's pretty clear you're a big fan of Wenger and have been for years, now sure you realise he's not that great anymore but you do jump to his defence often enough to suggest you still have great respect for him and always do mention what he did 12+ years ago.

Look at the way he behaves now and what he does, look at how he (and the club) treat the fans, he gets so much credit for the stadium, thing is he didn't put in any money himself, so what risk was there to him, if he'd cut his salary on invested himself fine, but he didn't he carried on, getting payrises all through the times we allegedly had less money so for me the people who build the stadium were the investors (who clearly did it for their cut but they took the risk).

Look at the club now and how much he controls it, do you like what you see? I really don't 15 years ago I could have never imagined the club would be like this, it's not a club for the fans anymore, its a get rich quick scheme for the board, manager and owner, they're reaping the rewards, what do the fans get? Criticism and the same stuff every single season.

Cripps
30-10-2017, 10:36 AM
Yes. I have views. Those views are reflected in my posts, as are yours, as are anyone's.
But I've never tried to stifle any Wenger views. I may have responded to them as I see fit.
The idea that anyone has been banned for anti-Wenger view is ludicrous, as evidenced by the fact you are still here as are many others who are anti-Wenger.

You turn up when there's anti Wenger sentiment and stick up for him, try and provide a positive spin or play devils advocate.

Niall_Quinn
30-10-2017, 10:36 AM

I'd agree, respect has turned to hatred in some cases and, personally, I believe it's warranted. The contract debacle last season was the crossing point. Not only did he drag the club through a year of uncertainty, but he even failed his magic top 4 trophy gold standard and then admitted that, well, yes, look, little bit maybe he was responsible for it. Wenger comes across as a good guy when he speaks (see his heroics at the recent AGM for a perfect example), but his recent actions are conclusive proof that what he says and what he does are very different and almost diametrically opposed. His recent actions have confirmed what were previously worst fears and guesses at what goes on inside the club. Now we know for sure and what we're left with is a deeply dishonest man who is no different to all those other corporate scumbags that, for sure, I hate. Wenger's in that club now and deservedly so. Sprinkle in the little fact that this isn't Apple or Barclays Bank, where there's a choice consumers can make, but Arsenal Football Club that I have supported from childhood and you get an explosive reaction. It's not ridiculous or extreme at all, as some claim. It's emotion, the thing all genuine fans have when it comes to the thing they are "fan"atical about. Show me a reasonable and open minded fanatic and I'll expose him as a charlatan in 15 seconds flat.

Honestly, that scene from Red Dwarf where the alien is stalking the ship and Rimmer want to form the committee called CLITORIS to launch a strongly worded leaflet campaign in protest - that's not me. And you can't be a "fan"atic if it's you. There's nothing reasonable about any of this, not Wenger's behaviour, not the club's lack of performance in return for the huge gate receipts, TV revenues, sponsorship deals, etc, not the players' performances when measured against their wages (now there's something we can call ridiculous) and certainly not the contempt the bastards who have hijacked this club have for the fans that end up funding all this shit abuse. Some people want a "reasonable" debate about this after 10 years or more of the shit.

No. We're a long way past that point.

Cripps
30-10-2017, 10:38 AM
But I've never tried to stifle any Wenger views.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Letters
30-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Actually, that is interesting. I'm quite surprised he has lasted elsewhere but if he has then good for him. I think we have mellowed over time on here. Back in the day people would get banned for less than they would now. When Joel first set up the original board people would get banned for swearing at another poster, it was a reaction to 606 which was pretty lawless. Anyway...Cripps was banned plenty of times, let back plenty of times. Some people want him back but I know for a fact that others left because of his persistent WUMming. I don't want to get bogged down into individual cases, the bigger fact - and it is a fact - is that very few regular posters have ever been banned from this board and no-one has ever been banned for expressing anti-Wenger views.

Letters
30-10-2017, 10:41 AM
You turn up when there's anti Wenger sentiment and stick up for him, try and provide a positive spin or play devils advocate.

I do when I think more-extreme views are being expressed which I don't agree with. Isn't that what this place is for?

Letters
30-10-2017, 10:44 AM

Seriously, dude. Learn what stifle means. I may have argued against them but I haven't stopped other people expressing them.

Cripps
30-10-2017, 10:44 AM
Actually, that is interesting. I'm quite surprised he has lasted elsewhere but if he has then good for him. I think we have mellowed over time on here. Back in the day people would get banned for less than they would now. When Joel first set up the original board people would get banned for swearing at another poster, it was a reaction to 606 which was pretty lawless. Anyway...Cripps was banned plenty of times, let back plenty of times. Some people want him back but I know for a fact that others left because of his persistent WUMming. I don't want to get bogged down into individual cases, the bigger fact - and it is a fact - is that very few regular posters have ever been banned from this board and no-one has ever been banned for expressing anti-Wenger views.

If attempts were made to get him and others back would it be allowed?

Cripps
30-10-2017, 10:45 AM
Seriously, dude. Learn what stifle means. I may have argued against them but I haven't stopped other people expressing them.

Niall_Quinn
30-10-2017, 10:54 AM
I don't understand your point, when you posted we'd had a monumental collapse, you're hardly going to go in and praise him then, your post wasn't really particularly critical either, it was just posting the fact we'd collapsed.

It's pretty clear you're a big fan of Wenger and have been for years, now sure you realise he's not that great anymore but you do jump to his defence often enough to suggest you still have great respect for him and always do mention what he did 12+ years ago.

Look at the way he behaves now and what he does, look at how he (and the club) treat the fans, he gets so much credit for the stadium, thing is he didn't put in any money himself, so what risk was there to him, if he'd cut his salary on invested himself fine, but he didn't he carried on, getting payrises all through the times we allegedly had less money so for me the people who build the stadium were the investors (who clearly did it for their cut but they took the risk).

Look at the club now and how much he controls it, do you like what you see? I really don't 15 years ago I could have never imagined the club would be like this, it's not a club for the fans anymore, its a get rich quick scheme for the board, manager and owner, they're reaping the rewards, what do the fans get? Criticism and the same stuff every single season.

That's why GW is the way it is. What more is there to say about this club or this board or this manager when it has all been said 1,000 times before? And, contrary to what some are saying, there have been some very good debates about the club that have delved into the finer details. But how many ways can it be said? Arsenal is going through a rancid period, rotten at the core, dying in front of our eyes, but the past has built a massive legacy that will take time to be fully consumed and destroyed. People hanging on to that legacy is understandable I guess, because it's all that's left. But revelling in the fact a club like Arsenal remains "above average" just because we haven't melted away yet sticks in the throat and will attract a negative response.

If people don't want to go to games anymore, or even watch the games on TV, then a fan forum will have less and less pull. Most of us are here now, I suspect, because the place is familiar. A way to blow off steam. So having a mod that is constantly calling for reasoned debate is a farce. How can the last passengers on a sinking ship be expected to stand around on deck discussing the weather? Is it in any way odd that an increasing number of passengers are waving their fists at the bridge and calling the captain an utter cunt for DELIBERATELY steering the ship onto the rocks? Especially as the tickets cost an arm and a leg and luxury passage was promised by the First Lizard. Just so they could sell all the tickets. Fuck talking about the weather in reasoned tones, tbf.

It's a miracle anyone is here at all. In the end it goes to show that, whatever our positions, we must all be diehard Arsenal fans. Unlike the cunts in charge of the club.