PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Syn
26-08-2011, 09:04 AM
I don't get how Wenger is willing to overpay significantly for players like Squillaci but isn't willing to offer Cahill what he's truly worth, which is a whole lot more than £6M

We don't know if wenger has offered 6m.

Kano
26-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Pathetic hypocricy from Wenger by offering such a derisory offer to Bolton for Cahill. Wasn't he complaining about Barcelona undervaluing Cesc and how that was disrespectful? Well, this is at least as disrespectful to Bolton IMO. Are we really telling Cahill he's worth less than Squillaci? We should practice what we preach, otherwise the manager and the board come across as odious hypocrites.

you are definitely not an arsenal fan.

probably from another board on the wind up

GP
26-08-2011, 09:11 AM
We have not made any bid for Cahill.

:gp:

Joker
26-08-2011, 09:13 AM

I've been an Arsenal fan all my life and have been contributing to GW since 2007. I just don't like to see or hear hypocricy, wherever it comes from.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2011, 09:14 AM
SSN have the Cahill story. :lol: At my most cynical, which, is right now I think they just looked at the Mirror, left it a couple of hours and then decided to yellow bar it.

Aaron Wilshere
26-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Owen Coyle has confirmed it.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2011, 09:18 AM
:lol:

Fair enough.

Wenger the WUM. :bow:

Joker
26-08-2011, 09:20 AM
From the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/aug/26/football-live-blog-26-august

10.09am: Owen Coyle has confirmed that Arsenal did indeed make a bid for Gary Cahill but Bolton rejected it on the grounds that it was "way below our valuation" of the player.

We have such a large transfer surplus at the moment, will paying slightly over the odds for Cahill really matter, given what he can offer us as a defender? This is Wenger becoming ideologically obsessed with not offering above "market value" for a player, even when his idea of market value doesn't correspond to Bolton's idea.

Marc Overmars
26-08-2011, 09:21 AM
The 6m story is true?!

Even when loaded with cash we still penny pinch. We must be absolute cunts to deal with.

Joker
26-08-2011, 09:23 AM
The 6m story is true?!

Aye. Really can't believe it tbh. I really believe Cahill and Vermaelen would make a very good partnership, and if we miss him due to Wenger's intransigence, then that would be seriously disappointing.

Grebbo
26-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Aye. Really can't believe it tbh. I really believe Cahill and Vermaelen would make a very good partnership, and if we miss him due to Wenger's intransigence, then that would be seriously disappointing.

It's an opening bid.

It's £6m+ add ons.

Calm down dear.

-Xs-
26-08-2011, 09:25 AM

But hardly surprising by now

He's older than 16, he's got PL experience, he ticks all the wrong boxes...

Joker
26-08-2011, 09:27 AM
It's an opening bid.

It's £6m+ add ons.

Calm down dear.

By offering such a poor opening bid, we've probably pissed them off and made them more reticent to deal with us tbh. If we had offered something reasonable, like £12M + addons, they would have rejected it but would have seen we were being serious and that would open the door to negotiations.

I don't get why Wenger is so reticent about signing established British players, given that he obviously has no issues signing young British talent, even if he does have to pay large sums for them.

Keith
26-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Could just be a typo on the fax. Someone is probably getting a bollocking right now!

"Je ne le crois pas, je n'ai pas vu cette erreur typographique. Six millions de livres il devrait dire seize vous sot anglais."

-Xs-
26-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Could just be a typo on the fax. Someone is probably getting a bollocking right now!

"Je ne le crois pas, je n'ai pas vu cette erreur typographique. Six millions de livres il devrait dire seize vous sot anglais."

Nah, he would have meant 5 million, not 6, or 16

Ashburton2006
26-08-2011, 09:43 AM

The Joker is an Arsenal Fan! He is just not a deluded fool like Arseface Wenger making such a ridiculous small bid for Cahill!

WE WILL NOT SIGN ANYONE WHILST ARSEFACE WENGER IS OUR MANAGER!

£100m to spend! and we'll spend ziltch!

KESSLER
26-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Maybe we offered £16m and the add on was Chamakh

KSE Comedy Club
26-08-2011, 09:45 AM
That is a fucking piss take even for us tbh.

We aslo dont have time to fuck about negotiating, shouldve done that at the start of june ffs.

There are only 6 days left, wenger get your shit together and do some business.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2011, 09:46 AM
If the figure is actually true then taking in to consideration the premium you pay for English players, really we bid around about £1 probably. :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
26-08-2011, 09:47 AM
It's an opening bid.

It's £6m+ add ons.

Calm down dear.

No, its us taking the piss out of Bolton.

Ashburton2006
26-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Well said Mr Jeebus!

I feel a "Wenger Out" post coming on!!!!

Fats
26-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Maybe we offered £16m and the add on was Chamakh

Thats £16,000,002 taken care of right there.

True story

isv
26-08-2011, 09:52 AM
on the skysports breaking news yellow ticker says bolton have rejected bid for gary cahill from arsenal

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-08-2011, 10:01 AM
he signed for £5m in 2008 from villa.

if its true and we offered £6m, then wenger believes he has only increased in value by £1m.

absolutely shocking.

Grebbo
26-08-2011, 10:02 AM
By offering such a poor opening bid, we've probably pissed them off and made them more reticent to deal with us tbh. If we had offered something reasonable, like £12M + addons, they would have rejected it but would have seen we were being serious and that would open the door to negotiations.

I don't get why Wenger is so reticent about signing established British players, given that he obviously has no issues signing young British talent, even if he does have to pay large sums for them.

Opening bid of £12m + add ons for Gary Cahill?
Not an International
Can leave for free in 12 months
Bolton are skint

Nah.

Grebbo
26-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Thats £16,000,002 taken care of right there.

True story

He's saying Chamakh is worth minus £10m.

Well that's how I read it and agree!

GP
26-08-2011, 10:03 AM
he signed for £5m in 2008 from villa.

if its true and we offered £6m, then wenger believes he has only increased in value by £1m.

absolutely shocking.

It won't be Wenger making the bid.

Just saying.

Grebbo
26-08-2011, 10:05 AM
That is a fucking piss take even for us tbh.

We aslo dont have time to fuck about negotiating, shouldve done that at the start of june ffs.

There are only 6 days left, wenger get your shit together and do some business.

Bolton don't have time to fuck about either.

He's been for sale all summer and nobody has bid for him.

They cannot afford to let him leave for free, so they have to sell him this week.

I'd say they're in a weaker position than us.

GP
26-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Besides, £6m + add-ons is probably about £10m, which for a defender with a year left on his contract probably isn't a million miles away.

Boss
26-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Bid their asking price and get him in the team for our next game ffs.

Not rocket science.

Letters
26-08-2011, 10:15 AM
I feel a "Wenger Out" post coming on!!!!

Gosh, that would be original :rolleyes:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
26-08-2011, 10:15 AM
It won't be Wenger making the bid.

Just saying.

he'll run the rule over it though.

Grebbo
26-08-2011, 10:19 AM

Not rocket science.

£17m?!

Is he even that good?

Grebbo
26-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Eden Hazard has agreed personal terms ahead of a €35m switch to Arsenal - Mercato 365

Boss
26-08-2011, 10:21 AM
£17m?!

Is he even that good?

Their best defender, PL ready, only 25 and five days before the window shuts. Plus he's English and he'll have a sell on value of at least 10M.

Worth that, IMO.

Letters
26-08-2011, 10:22 AM

Not rocket science.

We're not in any hurry. We're probably going to lose at OT new signing or no. After that we don't play till the 10th so we've got a while to sort things out.

IBK
26-08-2011, 10:25 AM
I am really nonplussed over all this. Its been obvious that Fabregas was going from the end of last season. Nasri says that he made it clear to AW that he wanted out in June. Why have we left it this late to make signings that AW said were needed months ago? I understand that the manager may have wanted to see who else was leaving, but why do we seem to be putting business before football when we're swimming in cash?

BTW I met a guy on holiday who did the financing for the stadium. He says that none of these transfer funds can be used to pay off the stadium debt more quickly, as paying off the bonds will incur a large early payment fee. The company that holds the debt also receives matchday revenue, from which the loan repayments are made.

I just cannot understand why Arsenal is dithering over transfers.

Boss
26-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Both the Gunners and Liverpool have signalled their interest in the Portuguese 19-year-old, whose versatility in both attack and defence has had prospective scouts salivating.

Likened to Patrick Vieira with his tough and uncompromising approach, Danilo shone during the recent U20 World Cup in Colombia where Portugal made the final - only to lose 3-2 to Brazil.

Parma paid Benfica just €150,000 (£133,000) to secure Danilo, who emigrated to Portugal from Guinea-Bissau.

Fittingly, the name Arsenal resonates with the young starlet - who played for a high-performance youth development team called Arsenal 72.

Gunners manager Arsene Wenger may look to use Danilo in a central role alongside Emmanuel Frimpong, and the pair could form a formidable partnership if given the chance.
The only downside to Danilo's game is that he lacks appropriate first-team experience and has yet to make his full Serie A debut for Parma.

The Crociati decided to loan him out to Aris Saloniki last season as a trial, but after making five appearances for the Greek side and scoring twice Parma were more than happy to bring him back to the Stadio Ennio Tardini.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/873574-danilo-pereira-subject-of-transfer-talks-between-parma-and-arsenal#ixzz1W85ID4pP

A must get.

Marc Overmars
26-08-2011, 10:30 AM
£17m?!

Is he even that good?

The English Pique.

Without the derp.

No point in crowing about the price, he is Boltons biggest asset and Engish, there is no working around the premium, they know we have money to burn as well and a heap of expectation to buy. Either we pay what they want or we move on, we need to bring in some players and time is running out.

Boss
26-08-2011, 10:31 AM
09.06: Twitter has an interesting RT from Bolton chairman Phil Gartside. A fan had written: ''#arsenal are you taking the p*** £6m for Garry Cahill f*** right off!!! #BWFC #wengerisabellend''. In response to a Mirror story today that suggests the Gunners are being a little cheeky with their offer.

No surprise, given that everyone knows we have around 50M to spend.

Aaron Wilshere
26-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Buying Cahill must be quite painful for Wenger, as it is almost an admittance that he wasted £10m on Koscielny, who isn't up to it (although I do think against teams who play on the deck, he is excellent, but struggles physically).

Unless of course he is planning on moving our best CB (TV5) to left back, which would be totally counter productive.

Aaron Wilshere
26-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Buying Cahill must be quite painful for Wenger, as it is almost an admittance that he wasted £10m on Koscielny, who isn't up to it (although I do think against teams who play on the deck, he is excellent, but struggles physically).

Unless of course he is planning on moving our best CB (TV5) to left back, which would be totally counter productive.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 10:34 AM
123 Fake Street

It was a foolish move to post your address on the Internet. I knew you'd slip up.

Boss
26-08-2011, 10:37 AM
11.31: Bolton boss Owen Coyle says Arsenal and his side are a distance apart in terms of their valuation of Cahill. He said: "There was a conversation between (Bolton chairman) Phil Gartside and a representative of Arsenal. I'm only passing this on as a third party, but the word derisory doesn't even cover it. When I make an offer for a player, I'd like to think in the right ball park, but this wasn't even close. I spoke to Gary Cahill about it before the Macclesfield game, and he knows everything that's going on.''

AKBapologist
26-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Pathetic hypocricy from Wenger by offering such a derisory offer to Bolton for Cahill. Wasn't he complaining about Barcelona undervaluing Cesc and how that was disrespectful? Well, this is at least as disrespectful to Bolton IMO. Are we really telling Cahill he's worth less than Squillaci? We should practice what we preach, otherwise the manager and the board come across as odious hypocrites.
We sold Clichy for a similar amount to the Cahill bid

Squilliaci cost only £3mill

Joker in another blinkered shocker.

Aaron Wilshere
26-08-2011, 10:41 AM
We sold Clichy fir a similar amount to the Cahill bid

Squilliaci cost only 3mill

Yes, but Squillaci is 30 and complete shit.

Bad example.

Boss
26-08-2011, 10:42 AM
10.56am: David Hytner's been fraternising with Arsene Wenger this morning and tells us that Thomas Vermaelen remains a doubt for Arsenal's clash with Manchester United. And Wenger is confident of signing M'vila. A fine recruit he would be, too. He has a midfield presence beyond his 21 years and is a ball-winning midfield who can actually do more than just tap it to a more talent team-mate to create: his passing is swift and shrewd.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/aug/26/football-live-blog-26-august

Interesting re: M'Vila.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Look, Coyle has been popping up every 5 minutes with his, "No bids for Cahill", routine. Now he has a bid. Obviously there's no pleasing this guy! You try to help him out and this is what you get. He must know we can't go the whole hog and make a serious bid in case he pulls a fast one and accepts it.

Grebbo
26-08-2011, 10:46 AM

Interesting re: M'Vila.

I watched his highlights on youtube versus England and I wasn't too impressed tbh.

:coffee:

AKBapologist
26-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Yes, but Squillaci is 30 and complete shit.

Bad example.
No, I'm correcting Jokers accusation that we spent more on squid than the current Cahill bid... Which is bollocks. But let's not have reality get in the way of yet another boring whine about our manager.

milla
26-08-2011, 10:48 AM
I watched his highlights on youtube versus England and I wasn't too impressed tbh.

:coffee:

Of course, England is shite. :coffee:

Aaron Wilshere
26-08-2011, 10:50 AM
No, I'm correcting Jokers accusation that we spent more on squid than the current Cahill bid... Which is bollocks. But let's not have reality get in the way of yet another boring whine about our manager.

Ah, sorry mate - didn't see that bit. I thought you were benchmarking Squillaci's value against Cahill.

£7m is fine - think of Clichy going for £7m - he is a proven Premier league, CL and international performer. All about the English premium.

GP
26-08-2011, 10:50 AM
So we're in for Cahill then? Great news!

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 10:52 AM
The Cahill bid might be misdirection to keep Liverpool busy. After all their entire transfer policy is based on waiting to see who we are linked with before making a bid. Maybe we're after Jagileka instead? Maybe we're after someone, anyone, just a single player, that we actually sign, this transfer window, who's decent and would add quality to the squad, and could get up to speed immediately, and didn't have Barcelona DNA and is a heterosexual. Just one...

Please.

Unai Tea
26-08-2011, 10:53 AM

Koscielny is up to it. He's had a year to settle and looks to me like a really good defender. He's cut more in the cloth of a Vermaelen and has a similar skillset.

What I don't understand is why they'd wait until now to make an offer. It's seems clear Cahill is not their top target unless they've been playing a very long game. I think in the end if they work themselves up to £10-12m that would be a more than reasonable bid. The £17m Bolton snatched out of the air is what they would like to get - it's not necessarily what he's worth, all things considered. So they call our bid derisory and by the colour of our bid, we call their valuation ridiculous. So we'll see if they can find the middle ground in the next few days.

What's promising is that they are now at least actually in a dialogue which confirms that we are interested in buying and actively and visibly doing something to make that happen.

Joker
26-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Given their chairman retweeting the comment by an irate fan, I really don't think they want to sell to us now. They'll probably be offering him around the Premiership, and someone like Liverpool will probably end up signing him.

Another fantastic transfer success by Wenger and Gazidis. If we're willing to pay £20M for M'Vila, why not £16M for Cahill? I'm sick and tired of Wenger and his excuses to be honest, he's destroying our club at the minute.

Boss
26-08-2011, 10:57 AM
11.38am: David Hytner is loitering with intent around Arsenal's training ground and here's how things are shaping up there: "Arsene Wenger is keeping it low-key at his press conference this afternoon, according to the official line or, according to the non-party line, he has thrown a strop at all the negative coverage and cancelled his newspaper briefings. He'll still hold his general conference and he should be in decent spirits after Udinese on Wednesday night, despite his splitting selection headache for Old Trafford. I can't remember Arsenal being bigger underdogs ahead of one of the season's showpiece fixtures."

Only bad things can come out of press conferences not held at 7.

Unai Tea
26-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Maybe we offer them Squidacci as a makeweight or else Miquel on loan for a year free of charge. That solves their problem with filling the gap at CB and injuries and also reduces their salary bill (unless they're silly enough to take Squidacci of our hands)

RomfordPele
26-08-2011, 11:03 AM
I think in the end if they work themselves up to £10-12m that would be a more than reasonable bid. The £17m Bolton snatched out of the air is what they would like to get - it's not necessarily what he's worth, all things considered. So they call our bid derisory and by the colour of our bid, we call their valuation ridiculous. So we'll see if they can find the middle ground in the next few days.

What's promising is that they are now at least actually in a dialogue which confirms that we are interested in buying and actively and visibly doing something to make that happen.

I agree. Cahill coming to the end of his contract, wants to play for us, I think this is a decent strategy. £7m as an opening bid, then try and seal the deal for £10m plus add ons. Think we'll go for Jagielka on deadline day too, got a feeling Bendtner will be used as bait.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Maybe we offer them Squidacci as a makeweight or else Miquel on loan for a year free of charge.

Not Miquel, we'll need him for when Cahill gets injured for six months, two weeks after signing. Squid can go though, although I don't think another stinging insult at this stage is going to cheer Bolton up.

Edinburgh Gooner
26-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Not Miquel, we'll need him for when Cahill gets injured for six months, two weeks after signing. Squid can go though, although I don't think another stinging insult at this stage is going to cheer Bolton up.

Oh NQ, you really do amuse me. Thanx for lightening the mood from the Doom and Gloom of this transfer window.

milla
26-08-2011, 11:15 AM

£6mil plus Squid and Almunia. Great bargain for Bolton tbh. :coffee:

Syn
26-08-2011, 11:16 AM

It's humorous because it's accurate.

Fist of Lehmann
26-08-2011, 11:21 AM
This strategy of bidding low and then giving up seems not to be working somehow.

Fats
26-08-2011, 11:23 AM
This strategy of bidding low and then giving up seems not to be working somehow.

but at least we made a bid lol

takes the piss TBH no wonder they always say its difficult

Joker
26-08-2011, 11:26 AM
******* may say we are "working day and night" trying to bring in new players, but by making pathetically low offers it doesn't matter if you're working 24 fucking hours a day, you'll never complete the deal. But hey, ******* will defend himself when the inevitable happens and we don't sign a centre half, by complaining the market is inflated and blaming City, even though they have nothing to do with this deal.

GTF Wenger, Gazidis and Silent Stan.

milla
26-08-2011, 11:29 AM

Tried and tested failed strategy tbh. :lol:

Marc Overmars
26-08-2011, 11:36 AM
I guess the positive thing is that we are actually in the market and actively seeking players like Cahill. I'd be very surprised if we got him for less than 15m but lets see what happens I guess. Exciting 6 days ahead.

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 11:45 AM

6 million. Even if add-ons would take it up to 10, they'd still not accept it.

We need to overpay to get the right player atm, even if he'd only be back-up or part of a rotation, having one more defender between us and the doomsday option of playing Squillaci is a necessity.

Ironing
26-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Bolton are stupid cunts

Give us Cahill for 6 quid or we won't send you any more Wilsheres on loan

GP
26-08-2011, 11:56 AM

We need to overpay to get the right player atm, even if he'd only be back-up or part of a rotation, having one more defender between us and the doomsday option of playing Squillaci is a necessity.

Well, the fact is, no one knows what the add-ons are. They could be another £10m for all we know.

Joker
26-08-2011, 11:58 AM

Exactly.

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Well, the fact is, no one knows what the add-ons are. They could be another £10m for all we know.

You're right, in that we don't know at all but we can guess and I doubt it would be that much, you'd rarely get that much in a deal for a defender as there's no real way of gauging his performances as you can with attackers goal/assist bonus clauses.

topgun
26-08-2011, 12:03 PM
This strategy of bidding low and then giving up seems not to be working somehow. Yes but then AW will come out and say at least we tried to sign players even though they probably made a piss poor offer,cant see whats the problem with paying 15 million for Cahill the guy is only 24 an england international and has a sell on value if that were needed which is the norm for a wenger purchase,just GET ON WITH IT.:oldboy

Ashburton2006
26-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Gosh, that would be original :rolleyes:

:p##

KSE Comedy Club
26-08-2011, 12:04 PM

I doubt that very much.

KSE Comedy Club
26-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Im sure we'll get Cahill, Hazard and Mvila before the window closes.

But we do need to make a better offer for Cahill, I reckon £12m would be enough.

The thing is, Bolton know as well as everyone here that we cant act like paupers, offering a low up front fee then the rest in add-ons, when weve got around £60-£80m in transfer money sitting around.

Keith
26-08-2011, 12:09 PM
I think he'll leave Bolton before the window closes, they didn't play him in the Carling Cup.

AKBapologist
26-08-2011, 12:13 PM
August 26: Wenger pre-Man United

** Rosicky, Djourou, Koscielny should be fit

** Vermaelen is "a little doubt" for Sunday

** Wenger - Cahill bid amount is not accurate

** 'We are depending on clubs to sell their players'

** Wenger - I want to bring new players in

** Wenger - Man United are the title favourites

** 'I'd end transfer window when season starts'

Keith
26-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Still no Diaby?

Joker
26-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Wenger's most likely lying tbh about the bid not being accurate. Bolton's chairman retweeted a fan's irate tweet criticising the £6M bid.

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 12:27 PM
August 26: Wenger pre-Man United

** Rosicky, Djourou, Koscielny should be fit

** Vermaelen is "a little doubt" for Sunday

** Wenger - Cahill bid amount is not accurate

** 'We are depending on clubs to sell their players'

** Wenger - I want to bring new players in

** Wenger - Man United are the title favourites

** 'I'd end transfer window when season starts'

Wow, good news that Kozza is back but I'm getting less convinced by Djourou every time I see him, he was immense for a period last year but that only lasted a few months and ever since then he's been a bit shit, for want of a better word, kinda worrying but hopefully he'll click back into place.

Interesting that he says the bid isn't accurate though, wonder if that's reference to the 'add-ons' not being taken into account or whether Bolton are playing silly buggers, I wouldn't rule out either.

Fist of Lehmann
26-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Wenger's most likely lying tbh about the bid not being accurate. Bolton's chairman retweeted a fan's irate tweet criticising the £6M bid.Because Gartside only tweets the truth?

Boss
26-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Coyle did say our bid was a joke.

Fist of Lehmann
26-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Doesn't mean Wenger was lying.

We might have bid £5M or something.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Even if Bolton don't really believe it was that derisory, it's in their interests to make out that it is.

Edinburgh Gooner
26-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Even if Bolton don't really believe it was that derisory, it's in their interests to make out that it is.

Hopefully we get him for an undisclosed fee then the media can have a field day trying to determine the amount whilst we all argue amongst ourselves.

AKBapologist
26-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Yes!!!!

@Younggunsblog: Nicklas Bendtner won't play v #MUFC, with Arsène saying he's looking for a new striker as he 'knows' Bendtner will leave.

AKBapologist
26-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Also, with liverpool after coates, were the only 'big' club after Cahill, with AW also being confident in signing M'Villa.

Edinburgh Gooner
26-08-2011, 01:06 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/16360m-to-spend-and-wengers-priority-is-still-a-loan-signing-2343952.html

£60m to spend and Wenger's priority is still a loan signing
Money burning a hole but Arsenal's first move is temporary deal for 30-year-old Marseilles midfielder

By Sam Wallace, Football Correspondent
Friday, 26 August 2011

Arsene Wenger will turn his attention to bolstering his midfield options over the last week of the transfer window with Arsenal already making fresh inquiries over a loan move for Marseilles' Argentinian international Lucho Gonzalez and Sochaux's Marvin Martin.

Wenger is understood to have asked Marseilles about the option of taking Gonzalez, 30, on loan for this season for a fee of up to €5m (£4m) for nine months dependent on how many games he would play. The midfielder is 30 years old and the French club would prefer to sell him outright but Wenger has reservations about a permanent deal because of the player's age.

The Champions League draw yesterday threw Arsenal and Marseilles together in Group F and it is not clear whether that would affect the deal going through, but nonetheless the Arsenal manager does have options. Martin, 23, has been of long-term interest to Wenger and the feeling in France is that a bid of around €15m would be enough to secure the player from a club who finished fifth in the French championship last year.
There is still a long-standing interest in Yann M'Vila of Rennes although at €25m he would be up there with the most expensive signing Wenger has ever made at the club. Having agreed deals worth around £60m for Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri this summer, the Arsenal manager has a week in which to add to his squad but with the disadvantage that the clubs he seeks to buy from know exactly how much money he has at his disposal.

There appears to be a serious reluctance on the part of Lille to sell Eden Hazard to Arsenal having already parted with Gervinho this summer. Wenger is understood to have been in a meeting yesterday with chief executive, Ivan Gazidis, to discuss the club's transfer strategy for the next five days. Wenger said on Wednesday night: "We work very hard but we have a lot of players who were out [injured], who are top-class players, I think they [returning] can be positive as well.

"There may be signings but I cannot give you any names. I cannot lie and say we will sign players tomorrow because it is not true, but we are trying very hard." The Arsenal manager has maintained his interest in Phil Jagielka and Gary Cahill in the hope of bringing Bolton, Everton or even both clubs to the negotiating table.

The Arsenal goalkeeper, Wojciech Szczesny, said that his game-defining save from Antonio Di Natale's penalty against Udinese in Wednesday's qualifier was a question of psyching out the Italy international. "I just tried to get into Di Natale's head – I gave him a bit of stick," he said. "I was probably not very nice to him. But it worked, so I'm delighted.

"I will miss out a few words but I just told him he was not good enough, that I was too good for him and he was not going to score. Put in a nice way, I got in his head because he missed the penalty and it worked. He is a quality player, he showed that in the first half with his finish [for Udinese's goal]. I don't think a lot of players in the world could have finished that the way he did. It makes me even happier to save such a crucial penalty at such a crucial moment against such a big player.

"Someone said there is no good saves from penalties, they are just poor penalties. So I don't take too much credit, I just went the right way. It wasn't a great save but I'm still very happy with it."

Despite being a goal down at half-time, with the tie level on aggregate, Szczesny said that the anxiety that seems to have followed Arsenal around this season does not extend to the players. "At half-time, there might have been a lot of people in England questioning the team because we were losing at such a difficult venue to a very good Udinese side," he said. "The only people who believed in the team was the team.

"All the players in the dressing room were very motivated and had the belief that we would come back into the game. We showed very good mental strength and very good quality in the second half. The only people who question the team or manager are the media and the fans. Inside the team, we don't feel that at all, so we know how good our manager is and we believe in what he is doing. We answered a lot of questions."

Robin van Persie said that the win over Udinese could be the moment that Arsenal's season begins in earnest, although they are depleted by injuries and suspension for Sunday's game at Old Trafford. "Of course it's been a hard week, Cesc leaving, Samir leaving," he said. "We've been in the papers for the wrong reasons sometimes – lots of discussions. But I think we played well under immense pressure, so that's a positive sign.

"And now it's up to us to show that every three or four days, because that's football. It's not that we can live on this night for the rest of the month or the rest of the year. We have to do it every single time."

Wenger wish list: Who are Arsenal after?

Defence: Jagielka or Cahill can tackle central issue

Phil Jagielka has been Arsène Wenger's No 1 defensive target for most of the summer. The key problems have been that Everton feel that Arsenal have grossly undervalued the player with a £12m bid earlier in the transfer window. The second has been Jagielka's reluctance to push for a move to a club whose future he, understandably, has doubts about.

Now 29, he signed a new four-year deal in March and as recently as last week David Moyes was reiterating the point that Jagielka has not pushed to leave this summer. "I have had two or three conversations with Jags," Moyes said then. "He has said to me that unless it is something Everton want to do, he is not going to be the one who instigates or pushes anything. It will only be if Everton want to do it and I certainly don't want to do it."

One possible way around Jagielka's reluctance would be to sign his friend and team-mate Leighton Baines who is quickly establishing himself as the heir to Ashley Cole as left-back of the England team. Although Wenger sanctioned the sale of Gaël Clichy this summer to allow Kieran Gibbs to become the club's first-choice player in that position, the 21-year-old is already injured. It would be a big call to block Gibbs' progress – expensive and against Wenger's philosophy – but it would solve the uncertainty he faces in that position.

Gary Cahill is the alternative to Jagielka and it would appear that a bid has finally gone in for the Bolton Wanderers and England international this week. The Bolton chairman, Phil Gartside, said on Sunday that every player has his price but by keeping open their interest in Jagielka and Cahill, Arsenal have at least ensured that they have more leverage in their negotiating position.

Midfield: M'Vila can hold fort but Wilshere needs help too

This is the big question for Wenger given that he has lost Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri this summer. At the end of last season there was a clear need for another defensive midfielder to support Alex Song but the emergence this season of Emmanuel Frimpong – while still not the finished article – has made that less of a priority. All the same, Wenger's key target would appear to be the Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila, who is valued at as much as €25m (£21.9m), and is a holding midfielder.

That fee may be enough to put Wenger off and he may feel that he can get by this season with Song and Frimpong. But he cannot afford not to add some creativity to his midfield to take some of the burden from the young shoulders of Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey in particular. Again, in this department the Arsenal manager appears to be spreading his bets to allow himself greater scope in negotiations.

He is known to have an interest in Lucho Gonzalez, who Arsenal would like to take on a loan deal from Marseilles. There is also the Sochaux midfielder Marvin Martin, a relatively new France international who fits the bill as a Wenger player: small, technically gifted and French. He would be available for around €15m. Beyond those two there is the Brazilian Jadson, who plays for Shakhtar Donetsk, who is another possibility.

Jadson's Shakhtar team-mate and compatriot Willian is another name who has been mentioned but that would appear to be more a case of wishful thinking on his part. The Brazilian has even been granting interviews to British media this summer in an attempt to get himself a move to the Premier League.

Forwards: Options are few, but Hazard can limit burden on injury-prone van Persie

If he can find a club, and they can agree the fee, then Nicklas Bendtner will be allowed to leave this week although it was expected that he would have gone by now. Either way, Wenger does not appear to consider the Danish striker part of his plans. Marouane Chamakh, who faded so badly in the second half of last season, was very poor against Udinese in the first leg of the Champions League qualifier and does not seem to have regained his form.

The fear is that it will all come down once again to Robin van Persie to score the goals for Arsenal this season, and he cannot be relied upon to stay injury-free. Finding a centre-forward is problematic. In terms of player trading it is the most sought-after position in world football and even for Wenger it is not simply a case of picking one off the shelf, as the Arsenal manager is often at pains to point out.

It is clear that the Arsenal manager would like to sign Eden Hazard from Lille but having already bought Gervinho from them this summer, the French club are understandably reluctant to sell. There have been intriguing reports of an attempt to sign Kaka on loan from Real Madrid. The Brazilian is no centre-forward but he would lend a very interesting new dimension to Arsenal. Signing a striker is the one area where Wenger seems to have very few options.

Marc Overmars
26-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Yes!!!!

@Younggunsblog: Nicklas Bendtner won't play v #MUFC, with Arsène saying he's looking for a new striker as he 'knows' Bendtner will leave.

Reckon he will have to go on loan because no one is willing to pay for him.

Edinburgh Gooner
26-08-2011, 01:09 PM
The Arsenal goalkeeper, Wojciech Szczesny, said that his game-defining save from Antonio Di Natale's penalty against Udinese in Wednesday's qualifier was a question of psyching out the Italy international. "I just tried to get into Di Natale's head – I gave him a bit of stick," he said. "I was probably not very nice to him. But it worked, so I'm delighted.

"I will miss out a few words but I just told him he was not good enough, that I was too good for him and he was not going to score. Put in a nice way, I got in his head because he missed the penalty and it worked. He is a quality player, he showed that in the first half with his finish [for Udinese's goal]. I don't think a lot of players in the world could have finished that the way he did. It makes me even happier to save such a crucial penalty at such a crucial moment against such a big player.

"Someone said there is no good saves from penalties, they are just poor penalties. So I don't take too much credit, I just went the right way. It wasn't a great save but I'm still very happy with it."

Despite being a goal down at half-time, with the tie level on aggregate, Szczesny said that the anxiety that seems to have followed Arsenal around this season does not extend to the players. "At half-time, there might have been a lot of people in England questioning the team because we were losing at such a difficult venue to a very good Udinese side," he said. "The only people who believed in the team was the team.

"All the players in the dressing room were very motivated and had the belief that we would come back into the game. We showed very good mental strength and very good quality in the second half. The only people who question the team or manager are the media and the fans. Inside the team, we don't feel that at all, so we know how good our manager is and we believe in what he is doing. We answered a lot of questions."

Chesney!!!!! :bow:

GP
26-08-2011, 01:10 PM

Coyle's face is a joke

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 01:20 PM

Why isn't he laughing then? Sour puss.

Olivier's xmas twist
26-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Arsene Wenger insists reports that Arsenal have offered £6million for Bolton Wanderers defender Gary Cahill are incorrect.
Bolton have confirmed that an offer from the Gunners has been turned down and Owen Coyle (http://topics.skysports.com/Owen+Coyle/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif claimed the bid could not even be described as 'derisory'.
Reports have suggested that Arsenal (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif put a bid between £6m-£7m on the table as Wenger looks to improve his defensive options before the transfer window closes.
However, the Gunners boss has dismissed offering the figures that have been quoted and is unsure whether Bolton are prepared to sell Cahill.
"First of all I would like to say the number is wrong," said Wenger.
When asked if it was less than £6m, he joked: "You know me quite well!
"It's completely wrong and nothing to do with how much we rate the player.
"I believe negotiations are between two parties and you only have to sell the player if you are alright with the price.
"In this case the information is below what has been spoken about."
Gartside rowBolton chairman Phil Gartside re-tweeted a message sent by a Bolton fan angered by the offer, but Wenger was furious at the Trotters' reaction.
He said: "It is not true. You can believe Gartside or you can believe me. It's not right. It's not the truth.
"If Gartside can say I am lying I am ready to confront him. The truth is that we never speak about our negotiations.
"If a club doesn't want to sell a player it can keep him. When we sign a player we come out here and tell you and keep the price a secret.
"They do not need to sell the player, they can keep him. If you ask do I want to buy your house and you are not happy with the price you say no, that's it.
"Why should you feel insulted? I don't understand. If the player is not for sale they can keep him. I don't understand the problem.
"If we want to buy the player we buy the player. I do not have to explain for how much."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7126283,00.html

:bow: AW

West Ham have confirmed they are in talks with Tottenham over a move for midfielder Scott Parker.
Parker has been linked with a transfer ever since the Hammers suffered relegation last season but despite being open to such a move, he has started the season under Sam Allardyce (http://topics.skysports.com/Sam+Allardyce/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif in the Championship.
Premier League new boys Queens Park Rangers (http://topics.skysports.com/rangers/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif saw a £4million bid turned down for Parker earlier this month, while the likes of Stoke and Aston Villa (http://topics.skysports.com/Aston+Villa/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif have also been credited with an interest in the former Chelsea (http://topics.skysports.com/chelsea/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif man.
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp (http://topics.skysports.com/Harry+Redknapp/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif is a long-time admirer of the England international and despite previously playing down any move for Parker he has now made an approach for the 30-year-old.
Redknapp is keen to bolster his squad before the transfer window slams shut next Wednesday and he will now be hoping to lure Parker to White Hart Lane.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7126344,00.html

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 01:46 PM
If Gartside can say I am lying I am ready to confront him.

Wow, so negotiations are going well then. We do seem to have a unique style when it comes to transfers.

Will be a huge shame if we miss out on such an easy win with Parker. Bellamy too. Can't understand the failure to act in both these instances.

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 01:47 PM
I thought 'Arry was put off by it being a '30 million signing when you take it all into consideration', I guess Parker is desperate enough to get away from the Walrus he'd take a big pay-cut now.

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2011, 01:49 PM
two things.

the first is in reply to that chesney interview. he is becoming a world class wum and keeper. syn would be proud.

the second what a joke it is that a chairman of a premier league club retweets calling another manager a bellend, that is outreageous

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 01:50 PM
I thought 'Arry was put off by it being a '30 million signing when you take it all into consideration', I guess Parker is desperate enough to get away from the Walrus he'd take a big pay-cut now.

I don't think twitch is too worried who the player is, provided he gets the chance to do some wheeler-dealing with the club's cash. I suppose there's some sort of a back-hander built in too plus some mechanism by which to plunge the spuds into financial cataclysm in a couple of years. The standard Harry Redknapp routine, as seen at all his other clubs. Next England manager. LOL.

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Wow, so negotiations are going well then. We do seem to have a unique style when it comes to transfers.

Will be a huge shame if we miss out on such an easy win with Parker. Bellamy too. Can't understand the failure to act in both these instances.

Well, Bellamy being a twat is the main thing holding us back in that deal imo.

Wenger doesn't think that Parker would give enough to justify what we'd have to spend, I think that experience would be valuable myself but the actual footballing pluses are kinda covered by Frimpong, just how much is an old head around a young squad worth? Quite a bit, probably.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 01:53 PM
two things.

the first is in reply to that chesney interview. he is becoming a world class wum and keeper. syn would be proud.

the second what a joke it is that a chairman of a premier league club retweets calling another manager a bellend, that is outreageous

We should go back with a £3mill offer, see if we can make the classy folks at Bolton dance a little faster. Meanwhile, shouldn't all our players be in the newspapers tapping Cahill up? That's how it's done now isn't it?

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 01:53 PM
I don't think twitch is too worried who the player is, provided he gets the chance to do some wheeler-dealing with the club's cash. I suppose there's some sort of a back-hander built in too plus some mechanism by which to plunge the spuds into financial cataclysm in a couple of years. The standard Harry Redknapp routine, as seen at all his other clubs. Next England manager. LOL.

You know it's happening though, I already feel pretty dirty wanting a team containing Rooney to win but if it was managed by Redknapp I might have to discover a distant Spanish relative and 'do a Silvinho'.

Syn
26-08-2011, 01:54 PM
The thing is...wenger is absolutely spot on with what he's saying. Bolton are acting very cuntish. If they are truly insulted by a £6m offer then they need to stop being so precious and grow some thicker skin. Just because they've slapped on a £37373m price tag doesn't mean any offers must be close to it. People can offer what they like, and they can reject what they like. If the offer was made privately, common courtesy would be to reply privately and not throw a hissy fit in public in order to get on the back pages.

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2011, 01:56 PM
The thing is...wenger is absolutely spot on with what he's saying. Bolton are acting very cuntish. If they are truly insulted by a £6m offer then they need to stop being so precious and grow some thicker skin. Just because they've slapped on a £37373m price tag doesn't mean any offers must be close to it. People can offer what they like, and they can reject what they like. If the offer was made privately, common courtesy would be to reply privately and not throw a hissy fit in public in order to get on the back pages.

do you also think that the offer could have been made just to open neogeoations? bit like with barcas early offers

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 02:00 PM

You know it's happening though, I already feel pretty dirty wanting a team containing Rooney to win but if it was managed by Redknapp I might have to discover a distant Spanish relative and 'do a Silvinho'.

Hold your nose and think of Jack Wilshere.

Syn
26-08-2011, 02:00 PM
do you also think that the offer could have been made just to open neogeoations? bit like with barcas early offers

I don't know. I think the offer is irrelevant. If it was made privately and politely then the response should also be.

Joker
26-08-2011, 02:04 PM
By confronting Gartside, Wenger's probably ruined the deal now. Their chairman will not want to sell to us, given he's obviously offended by the opening bid and think's Wenger's a bellend.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 02:04 PM

That's all it is, trying to generate some steam in the media. First they spend all their time telling the media no bid has been made for Cahill, now they tell everyone yes we have a bid but it is derisory. Small time club, if you invite gypsies they will wash their underwear on your lawn.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 02:05 PM
By confronting Gartside, Wenger's probably ruined the deal now. Their chairman will not want to sell to us, given he's obviously offended by the opening bid and think's Wenger's a bellend.

Fuck him if he's offended.

Edinburgh Gooner
26-08-2011, 02:08 PM
FIFA/UEFA whoever it is that controls this transfer window might as well just end it now.

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Fuck him if he's offended.

Exactly, Cahill isn't the only decent CB in the Prem either.

Cheeky 8m bid for Vidic? I reckon he's worth the extra 2m.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 02:13 PM
This is all so desperately fucked up it's genuinely amusing. If football is all about entertainment then we've had a cracking transfer window and the hits just keep coming.

Japan Shaking All Over
26-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Besides, £6m + add-ons is probably about £10m, which for a defender with a year left on his contract probably isn't a million miles away.

I have now read a few piosts on this and 6 does seem a bit low
Now I am on page 627 and havent read more yet so there might be newer news but lets not get too worked up

something tells me Wenger (who isnt the only one doing the business) will know what he is doing
GP could be right, lower might be more realistic with add ons and a lot factor in to this, if he pulls it off and leaves more cash for Hazard and the like he will be hailed a hero

He definitely thinks he is on a roll, maybe he thinks Owen owes us for loaning him Wilshere, they do seem to have a kind of respect for each other, similar styles

Of course we could just as easily bollocks things up and look like a group of tits. . . .out of our hands tbh. . . .but im sure enjoying the popcorn while watching things unfold. . . .now time to mive on

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Gartside and Wenger go head to head...

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a433/qwerty12343/MV5BNTM1OTgzNjMzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODI1MTMyNA_V1_ SX640_SY431_.jpg

Joker
26-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Wenger may say Bolton don't have to sell if they don't agree with the price, but what we're doing is exploiting the fact that they're in a poor financial situation, therefore trying to get Cahill for less than market value. This is no different to Barcelona exploiting their monopoly position as the only club Cesc was going to join, and because of that advantage were trying to get him for less than his true worth. We were all slagging Barca off for this behaviour (including Wenger), so Wenger deserves equal criticism given his actions RE: Cahill.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Wenger may say Bolton don't have to sell if they don't agree with the price, but what we're doing is exploiting the fact that they're in a poor financial situation, therefore trying to get Cahill for less than market value. This is no different to Barcelona exploiting their monopoly position as the only club Cesc was going to join, and because of that advantage were trying to get him for less than his true worth. We were all slagging Barca off for his behaviour (including Wenger), so Wenger deserves equal criticism given his actions RE: Cahill.

Where are the Arsenal players/staff constantly talking about how Cahill would be perfect for Arsenal and that he should come join us? There hasn't been. You're trying to equate something that doesn't equate just so you have something to beat Wenger over the head with.

Syn
Wenger may say Bolton don't have to sell if they don't agree with the price, but what we're doing is exploiting the fact that they're in a poor financial situation, therefore trying to get Cahill for less than market value. This is no different to Barcelona exploiting their monopoly position as the only club Cesc was going to join, and because of that advantage were trying to get him for less than his true worth. We were all slagging Barca off for his behaviour (including Wenger), so Wenger deserves equal criticism given his actions RE: Cahill.

You are genuinely an idiot if you can't see the difference in behaviour.

Japan Shaking All Over
The English Pique.

Without the derp.

No point in crowing about the price, he is Boltons biggest asset and Engish, there is no working around the premium, they know we have money to burn as well and a heap of expectation to buy. Either we pay what they want or we move on, we need to bring in some players and time is running out.

Cesc has gone now

So Pique name should never be mentioned on this board ever
the guy is almost trash. . . .fucking scum!
I still can never forget that spitting incident, Cesc and the Barca shirt, the Cesc photo and just the crap that comes out of his mouth

Fucking cunt should just die

Niall_Quinn

Hello! Footie fans are biased, or at least they should be. When Barca do it to us it's shit but when we do it to Bolton I can't see the harm at all. Fuck 'em. What's best for us is what counts. The Fab deal was shite so we are entitled to whinge, getting Cahill for £6mill (which we won't, but anyway) would be very cool. So there's no hypocrisy whatsoever if you look at it from the correct point of view.

Joker
26-08-2011, 02:23 PM
You are genuinely an idiot if you can't see the difference in behaviour.

Well what's the difference then? Yes, our players haven't been talking about Cahill having Arsenal DNA or any crap like that, but many of the criticisms of Barca on this and other messageboards was the fact that they were trying to get Cesc for as low a price as possible, and how this was disrespectful to Arsenal. In that regard, there is little difference between the two situations.

Syn
26-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Well what's the difference then? Yes, our players haven't been talking about Cahill having Arsenal DNA or any crap like that, but many of the criticisms of Barca on this and other messageboards was the fact that they were trying to get Cesc for as low a price as possible, and how this was disrespectful to Arsenal. In that regard, there is little difference between the two situations.

The bulk of the complaints were about barca's behaviour. Even at the end, wenger and the board got the blame for getting a poor price, not barca.

Kano
26-08-2011, 02:28 PM

oh fuck off. you criticise him for a bid that was supposedly too low, then when he explains and defends his club as a manager should, you still lay into him

no way are you an arsenal fan

probably a city fan

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2011, 02:30 PM

no barca offered no where near what cesc was worth and they knew that. arsenal had told them several times that cesc was not going for anything less then 35 million, bolton have said nothing. arsenal offered what htey felt was a good deal

Joker
26-08-2011, 02:31 PM
oh fuck off. you criticise him for a bid that was supposedly too low, then when he explains and defends his club as a manager should, you still lay into him

no way are you an arsenal fan

probably a city fan

He should have just said that we don't talk about specific transfers publically, and if Bolton want to discuss it openly it's up to them but we won't get involved. That would have been the sensible thing to do, then sort out any issues privately. By responding publically, he's only gone and created a media frenzy that'll simply wind Bolton up even more.

Syn
26-08-2011, 02:32 PM
no barca offered no where near what cesc was worth and they knew that. arsenal had told them several times that cesc was not going for anything less then 35 million, bolton have said nothing. arsenal offered what htey felt was a good deal

:doh:

Japan Shaking All Over
26-08-2011, 02:32 PM

Fucking good post AK. . . .especially last sentence. . . Im not saying that people cant have a whine but changing the fucking record

I mean even I grew up and stopped vying for the purchase of Barton (admittedly. . .exile from MOC was threatened against me by MS but. . . .you get the gist right?)

Joker
26-08-2011, 02:33 PM

On the contrary, Bolton have suggested they aren't willing to accept anything less than £16M, and yet here we are offering a measly £6M.

Kano
26-08-2011, 02:33 PM
He should have just said that we don't talk about specific transfers publically, and if Bolton want to discuss it openly it's up to them but we won't get involved. That would have been the sensible thing to do, then sort out any issues privately. By responding publically, he's only gone and created a media frenzy that'll simply wind Bolton up even more.

so what. a club makes an allegation, he has every right to make a public response. we do enough things in private and given the criticism from spackers like yourself that jump all over the first negative story, then no wonder he commented about it.

Newguy
26-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Hello! Footie fans are biased, or at least they should be. When Barca do it to us it's shit but when we do it to Bolton I can't see the harm at all. Fuck 'em. What's best for us is what counts. The Fab deal was shite so we are entitled to whinge, getting Cahill for £6mill (which we won't, but anyway) would be very cool. So there's no hypocrisy whatsoever if you look at it from the correct point of view.

Well said :tiphat:

SayNoMore
26-08-2011, 02:36 PM
So who is responsible for this bid of '6 mil'? The board, Wenger or both? Because as far as i see it, its rather insulting to both Bolton, Cahil and the arsenal fans. As echoed before, Cahil is a vital player for them, English, and a good defender. 15 mil give ortake a few is where we should be at. And no we are not in a position to penny pinch, we have already shot ourselves in the foot by leaving it so late. Swiftly please Mr Wenger, stop longing everything out. It seems to take him an eternity, to fix or even notice apparant and glaring problems. Regardless, who is responsible for this weak transfer behaviour??

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 02:40 PM

I suppose the idea was to keep it out of the media and conduct business behind closed doors. But Bolton have decided they want to have a fit in public. The lack of professionalism is all from one side here. If some twat at Bolton starts retweeting shit from the fans then maybe Wenger thinks he needs to say something about that rather than let them press run off with one side of the story, which they'd have no problem doing.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2011, 02:40 PM
On the contrary, Bolton have suggested they aren't willing to accept anything less than £16M, and yet here we are offering a measly £6M.

That's the first bid. It's when the second, third or fourth bids come in (if they ever do) and they barely move from them that are taking the piss.

Joker
26-08-2011, 02:41 PM
so what. a club makes an allegation, he has every right to make a public response. we do enough things in private and given the criticism from spackers like yourself that jump all over the first negative story, then no wonder he commented about it.

What's the point making a public response when it'll simply exacerbate tensions between the two clubs? He should simply apologise to Bolton for any offence that may have been inadvertently caused, and try to salvage the deal.

The fact this sort of situation has arisen is solely down to the club waiting this long to complete its business in the transfer window. And the reason we've waited until the last week to get transfer done is simple, to try and negotiate the price as low as possible, and again it's going to bite us in the backside.

Kano
What's the point making a public response when it'll simply exacerbate tensions between the two clubs? He should simply apologise to Bolton for any offence that may have been inadvertently caused, and try to salvage the deal.

The fact this sort of situation has arisen is solely down to the club waiting this long to complete its business in the transfer window. And the reason we've waited until the last week to get transfer done is simple, to try and negotiate the price as low as possible.

def a city fan

Boss
Our difficult:easy transfer ratio seems to be at least 4:1, ffs.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 02:42 PM
So who is responsible for this bid of '6 mil'? The board, Wenger or both? Because as far as i see it, its rather insulting to both Bolton, Cahil and the arsenal fans. As echoed before, Cahil is a vital player for them, English, and a good defender. 15 mil give ortake a few is where we should be at. And no we are not in a position to penny pinch, we have already shot ourselves in the foot by leaving it so late. Swiftly please Mr Wenger, stop longing everything out. It seems to take him an eternity, to fix or even notice apparant and glaring problems. Regardless, who is responsible for this weak transfer behaviour??

Wenger says the £6mill figure is wrong. Gartside was one of the dodgy geezers on that tapping-up documentary a while back. Who do we believe?

SayNoMore
26-08-2011, 02:43 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/949137/tottenham-in-talks-with-west-ham's-scott-parker?cc=5739

West Ham United have confirmed they are in talks with Tottenham Hotspur over midfielder Scott Parker.

Parker, 30, has been linked with a move away from Upton Park this summer following West Ham's relegation from the Premier League, but he has so far featured in all of the club's four Championship games this season.

Queens Parker Rangers offered £4 million for Parker's services this month, but West Ham deemed the bid insufficient and subsequently rejected the fee.

Spurs, however, have now opened discussions with the Hammers over a possible deal for the England international ahead of next Wednesday's transfer deadline, with manager Harry Redknapp a known admirer of the player's qualities.

Hammers boss Sam Allardyce said: "I am not in talks (personally) with them but there is some dialogue going on at the moment. That is all I am aware of.''

Not sure if this has been posted already, but oh, what a shame. Another good player going to the filth.

Japan Shaking All Over
Given their chairman retweeting the comment by an irate fan, I really don't think they want to sell to us now. They'll probably be offering him around the Premiership, and someone like Liverpool will probably end up signing him.

Another fantastic transfer success by Wenger and Gazidis. If we're willing to pay £20M for M'Vila, why not £16M for Cahill? I'm sick and tired of Wenger and his excuses to be honest, he's destroying our club at the minute.

Now Im no expert and there are times I wish Wenger wouuld do things a little differently as I do the board but I feel that we are not going to sit on the mountain of money we have and that soon enough we are going to start dipping into that cash and splashing it around. . . .painstaking as it may seem we might be witnessing the start of a beautifully excuted hunt and he aint just going to be Cahill involved. . . .

Like I said I am no expert but Im going to push the ketchup over to your side of the table mate cos I reckon it is you who is going to be eating your words before me. . . .

Btw M'Vila is close in value to 20 mil than Cahill is to 17

Joker
def a city fan

I am NOT a City fan. Just because I don't worship at the altar of Lord Arsene and am willing to expose hypocricy whenever I see it doesn't make me a City supporter.

Kano
26-08-2011, 02:45 PM
confirmed

Fist of Lehmann
26-08-2011, 02:45 PM
We haven't attempted to leverage a player's feeling for his club/homeland through a consistent, shameless and public barrage.

Trying to get the lowest price is just business, as any free market fundamentalist kno'.

Sirjackofwilshere
26-08-2011, 02:46 PM
10.56am: David Hytner's been fraternising with Arsène Wenger this morning and tells us that Thomas Vermaelen remains a doubt for Arsenal's clash with Manchester United. And Wenger is confident of signing M'vila. A fine recruit he would be, too. He has a midfield presence beyond his 21 years and is a ball-winning midfield who can actually do more than just tap it to a more talent team-mate to create: his passing is swift and shrewd.

From guardian

I'd splaff my pants big time if we got him..top class player

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 02:47 PM
We haven't attempted to leverage a player's feeling for his club/homeland through a consistent, shameless and public barrage.

True, we've slipped up in this respect.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2011, 02:48 PM
10.56am: David Hytner's been fraternising with Arsène Wenger this morning and tells us that Thomas Vermaelen remains a doubt for Arsenal's clash with Manchester United. And Wenger is confident of signing M'vila. A fine recruit he would be, too. He has a midfield presence beyond his 21 years and is a ball-winning midfield who can actually do more than just tap it to a more talent team-mate to create: his passing is swift and shrewd.

From guardian

I'd splaff my pants big time if we got him..top class player

His Wiki page has him as having joined us. :lol:

Joker
26-08-2011, 02:51 PM
confirmed

Piss off.

Özim
26-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Man City should have offered 6 million for Nasri, wonder what the response would have been.

Japan Shaking All Over
26-08-2011, 02:54 PM
I think he'll leave Bolton before the window closes, they didn't play him in the Carling Cup.

We have experience of knowing exactly what that can mean. . .. .

Joker
26-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Man City should have offered 6 million for Nasri, wonder what the response would have been.

The same people defending Wenger would have been the first to jump on the bandwagon by castigating City for disrespecting us with such a derisory offer.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2011, 02:57 PM

In terms of buying players £24 million for Citeh probably is about £6 million for us. If of course, what Wenger says that the figure mentioned is lower than what was offered, is true.

Kano
26-08-2011, 02:57 PM

good thing they didn't.

i wonder what would happen if arsenal ever made such a stupidly low bid? i guess we'll never know

Fist of Lehmann
26-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Man City should have offered 6 million for Nasri, wonder what the response would have been.The response would have been: "No".

4-3-3
26-08-2011, 03:01 PM

problem is we could keep nasri for a yr and let him go for free, i dont think bolton can do that financially.:(

Japan Shaking All Over
26-08-2011, 03:03 PM

Of course. . . .they are putting up the same front as we did with Cesc snd Nas. . .showing the fans that they wont be bullied so that when they accept something like 10+add ons that yhey have come out on top

And if or when we do get Cahill for cheaper than the 17 mil figure, thete are going to be some calling AW a genius

saying that I am so far behind in pages we could have bid 17 and i am sounding like a tit myself

SayNoMore
26-08-2011, 03:04 PM
What is stopping a team like liverpool bidding something like 15 mill and getting him? Unless he's shit ...

Boss
15.42: Arsene Wenger has revealed Arsenal are definitely in the market for a goalscorer before the transfer window closes on August 31st. "We are looking for one more striker because we know he [Bendtner] will leave,” Wenger said. "We will be short this season because we also have Chamakh leaving for the African Cup of Nations.”

YES... desperately need another striker.

McNamara That Ghost...
Of course. . . .they are putting up the same front as we did with Cesc snd Nas. . .showing the fans that they wont be bullied so that when they accept something like 10+add ons that yhey have come out on top

And if or when we do get Cahill for cheaper than the 17 mil figure, thete are going to be some calling AW a genius

saying that I am so far behind in pages we could have bid 17 and i am sounding like a tit myself

I think you could read the entire thread before something concrete happens, so you're on time!

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2011, 03:05 PM
What is stopping a team like liverpool bidding something like 15 mill and getting him? Unless he's shit ...

Nothing I suppose but it looks like they will be buying Coates.

SayNoMore
26-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Meh, i will not be calling him a genius. Hes playing with fire, at the clubs expense. Buy some players quickly and swiftly.

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 03:07 PM
The same people defending Wenger would have been the first to jump on the bandwagon by castigating City for disrespecting us with such a derisory offer.

Possibly, not sure Wenger's done anything wrong here though, IF he was responsible for a low bid then sure, he's wasting our time and should get some flak but as he's completely denying it and the only proof is some nutter of a chairman quoting some random twitterer, it's not a big deal.

Frankly, if City had offered us 6m for Nasri I would have laughed, much as I did at this, you can't take anything like that seriously.

Özim
26-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Sounds good to me as long as it's not someone sh*t again like last time.

Fist of Lehmann
26-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Nothing I suppose but it looks like they will be buying Coates.FFS, why weren't we in for Coates?

Think of the punning possibilities.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2011, 03:09 PM
FFS, why weren't we in for Coates?

Think of the punning possibilities.

We should take a stand against it?

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Sounds good to me as long as it's not someone sh*t again like last time.

We're looking for a different kind of striker I would think, so you'll probably be in luck.

Boss
26-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Bolton have signed Boyata on a season long loan, looks like they have their Cahill replacement. :popcorn:

Özim
26-08-2011, 03:19 PM
We're looking for a different kind of striker I would think, so you'll probably be in luck.
Hopefully a goalscorer at long last, after seeing Di Natale the other night it's clear what we've been missing, someone who can shoot, head and score from anywhere, creates space for himself with good movement and looks for every opportunity to shoot.

No more poncy players who like to do this that and the other outside the box but are shot shy.

Joker
26-08-2011, 03:21 PM
But the manager warned that signings were not guaranteed. "There is a chance [we could make no signings] because again we are dependent on the desire of the people who have the players to sell the players," he said.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-i-ll-try-everything-to-strengthen-my-squad-

Offer fair transfer fees and you'll get the players you want.

Fist of Lehmann
26-08-2011, 03:23 PM
We should take a stand against it?Wenger should get the hook for this.

AKBapologist
26-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Joker literally has two brain cells.

In other news, apparently the bid was made on Monday! Chairman reacted to a newspaper article by retweeting a fans reaction. It appears he either didn't have a clue before he read it in the papers or wanted to provoke a reaction from fans/media/AFC.

They say their crazy evaluation of £17mill for someone with a year left on their contract is based on the price united paid for young. Unfortunately Cahill is not an attacker, nor an England starter, nor are we united, and it's clear not that many clubs are after him.

In other news, confirmation of Bendtners exit...
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-re-looking-for-one-more-strikerand-8232-

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Hopefully a goalscorer at long last, after seeing Di Natale the other night it's clear what we've been missing, someone who can shoot, head and score from anywhere, creates space for himself with good movement and looks for every opportunity to shoot.

No more poncy players who like to do this that and the other outside the box but are shot shy.

I reckon so, maybe someone with a bit of physicality as well.

Unai Tea
26-08-2011, 03:31 PM

Fuck Barca and fuck Bolton. I don't support either team.

There's nothing wrong with a team getting the best price they can. That's natural and that's why Man City/Chelsea are cocks too, fucking it up for normal clubs.

There's a massive difference between waging a long campaign of de-stabilisation stretching over years and then becoming the only destination for the prospective player and THEN fighting for a good price. That's bollox. If Barca had kept their mouths shut for the last two years and bid £25m then yeah, fair enough. But that's not what they did.

And as far as Bolton is concerned, we've not said a thing about Cahill. We've not lodged a bid. We've not claimed Cahill has Arsenal DNA. Nothing. We bid low, although how low is not known. That is disputed already.

If you think these two behaviours are the same you're a clown.

Joker
26-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Joker literally has two brain cells.

Piss off.

The Realist
26-08-2011, 03:37 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7126664,00.html
Another with Frimpong's hair.

Joker
26-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Fuck Barca and fuck Bolton. I don't support either team.

There's nothing wrong with a team getting the best price they can. That's natural and that's why Man City/Chelsea are cocks too, fucking it up for normal clubs.

How do you define "normal" clubs? If Everton and ourselves were in for the same player, they could make the same criticism of us, given that we're a much richer club than them. Moreover, our majority shareholder is a billionaire, so we can't claim the moral highground in that respect. Just because of the exorbitant sums of money City and Chelsea are able to spend doesn't make their ownership structure anymore "abhorrent" than any other privately owned football club.

Unai Tea
26-08-2011, 03:47 PM

To be honest, yes, we do. Having said that I hope we also make a small bit of space for Beink Afobe. I also think we need factor playing Theo up front more. I think we now have enough proper wingers to do that with some confidence.

Fist of Lehmann
26-08-2011, 03:47 PM
In other news, confirmation of Bendtners exit...
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-we-re-looking-for-one-more-strikerand-8232-

Arsène Wenger says he expects to see Nicklas Bendtner leave Emirates Stadium this summer.

:good: 255 people like this.

Unai Tea
26-08-2011, 03:52 PM
How do you define "normal" clubs? If Everton and ourselves were in for the same player, they could make the same criticism of us, given that we're a much richer club than them. Moreover, our majority shareholder is a billionaire, so we can't claim the moral highground in that respect. Just because of the exorbitant sums of money City and Chelsea are able to spend doesn't make their ownership structure anymore "abhorrent" than any other privately owned football club.

I define a normal club very much like Wenger does, one who travels with sweat, rather than petrol. Arsenal is a rich club and richer by far than most. How? Hard graft and smart leadership and luck. The teams who have a fundamentally changed dynamic where an influx of ridiculous amounts of money creates success, rather than slow progress and evolution, are not what I class as normal. You can disagree if you wish but the multi-billionaire's football club/plaything has changed everything.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2011, 03:52 PM

I seriously doubt Everton supporters would reserve for us the same criticisims that are met out for Citeh. It's fairly obvious that the main percpeption of Arsenal from suppoters of other clubs is that we're a club that tries to live within its means but really should be spending a bit more. Everton supporters might lament that we're in the position we are and they aren't there (I know some Everton supporters have a lot of issues with Bill Kenwright for example) but I imagine most will realise that is through good management we are 'there', not from enabling a Football Manager cheat.

Kano
26-08-2011, 03:53 PM
I define a normal club very much like Wenger does, one who travels with sweat, rather than petrol. Arsenal is a rich club and richer by far than most. How? Hard graft and smart leadership and luck. The teams who have a fundamentally changed dynamic where an influx of ridiculous amounts of money creates succes, rather than slow progress and evolution, are not what I class as normal. You can disagree if you wish but the multi-billionaire's football club/plaything has changed everything.

dont waste your time. you've already proved him wrong about the bolton bid, as he has ignored debating that any further. he's just a city fan trying to wum. best ignored.

RomfordPele
26-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Looks like Spurs are making a move for Parker http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14684548.stm

Can cross another one of the list soon, I guess.

Boss
26-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Can't see us in for Elia, he's a winger whereas we need more of a central player.

Of the ones we've been linked to, Lucho Gonzalez or Yann M'Vila look the likeliest.

Can't see us looking past Cahill for the defender, expect we'll get the deal done but it will take a while as we tend to delay transfers for as long as possible.

Striker will probably be an unknown, as long as he's fast and can finish I'll be happy. With Van Persie, Campbell and the signing, hopefully this will see Chamakh relegated to fourth choice and eventually sold.

Ashburton2006
26-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Looks like Spurs are making a move for Parker http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14684548.stm

Can cross another one of the list soon, I guess.

Why are the Spuds so good at getting their targets!

This is by far the most depressing transfer window EVER!!!!

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2011, 04:10 PM

Um, it's still August 26th for them too you know?

selassie
26-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Can't see us in for Elia, he's a winger whereas we need more of a central player.

Of the ones we've been linked to, Lucho Gonzalez or Yann M'Vila look the likeliest.

Can't see us looking past Cahill for the defender, expect we'll get the deal done but it will take a while as we tend to delay transfers for as long as possible.

Striker will probably be an unknown, as long as he's fast and can finish I'll be happy. With Van Persie, Campbell and the signing, hopefully this will see Chamakh relegated to fourth choice and eventually sold.

Yep I agree with this.

Wenger seemed very confident on M'Vila when asked about him by a Guardian journo earlier today, he'd be a class signing, I like him a lot as a player, young...but semi-established at International level. Think there could be a lot of truth in the rumours about him coming here.

I agree re: Cahill, I think Jags is/was our first choice but Arsene & Everton won't budge on valuations so we've probably walked away. I think we could probably land Cahill for circa 10mill with a few add-ons thrown in. Bolton won't be getting anywhere near to thr 16mill they want for him, he's not in demand. Having said that I like Cahill, think he'd improve our defence.

Striker will probs be somebody from Ligue One, probably a young-ish project who is happy to learn and sit on the bench.

Joker
26-08-2011, 04:11 PM
dont waste your time. you've already proved him wrong about the bolton bid, as he has ignored debating that any further. he's just a city fan trying to wum. best ignored.

Stop with this stupid fucking accusation about me being a City fan.

AKBapologist
26-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Would say Papiss Demba Cissé would be likely but he'd be gone during ACON.

I fear it might be one of Chelseas cast offs. Drogba or Sturrage...

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2011, 04:15 PM

Off the top of my head i cant think of anyone they have signed that is decent, in fact i cant really think of anyone they have signed bar adesawhore who will do more damage with his ego to them then he will do on hte pitch against others

Boss
26-08-2011, 04:19 PM

Either would be good signings for us.

Japan Shaking All Over
26-08-2011, 04:20 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-i-ll-try-everything-to-strengthen-my-squad-

Offer fair transfer fees and you'll get the players you want.

Joker, drop it!

its part of the chase and no-one is saying that this is the final bid........I know you are thinking that we are risking losing the chance of signing because we offend but Barca did the same twice and still ended up with Cesc

things arent much different here.......we aint Citeh and start the ante with crazy money.......Wenger knows he needs players in other positions and is trying for a low price......I wont be surprised if he picks him up for 10 plus ?......for me that would be very shrewd business

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Either would be good signings for us.

Yep, there's no way we're getting Sturridge for anything under 20m though, when he ripped it up for us Chelsea would look like absolute mugs. I think he might be worth it though, proven Prem experience and the kind of guy we need.

Joker
26-08-2011, 04:23 PM
I define a normal club very much like Wenger does, one who travels with sweat, rather than petrol. Arsenal is a rich club and richer by far than most. How? Hard graft and smart leadership and luck. The teams who have a fundamentally changed dynamic where an influx of ridiculous amounts of money creates success, rather than slow progress and evolution, are not what I class as normal. You can disagree if you wish but the multi-billionaire's football club/plaything has changed everything.

Outside investment has also propped our club up. On the other thread about City's owners, someone mentioned how Danny Fiszman "put £50m of his own money in, money made of pure diamonds."

Herbert Chapman came to our club from Huddersfield because we offered him more money, and he helped shape the club's philosophy ever since.

Moreover, the Hill-Wood family are originally from Glossop and were involved with the local club and jumped ship when they saw they could make more money out of a London football club. As we all know, the Hill-Wood family have since been involved with the club for generations.

Let's not forget our former chairman Herbert Norris banned for life in 1927 for financial irregularities, and the controversy over our promotion to the top division amidst allegations that he bribed officials.

We're not whiter than white, and neither is any football club that's owned privately. I just don't think it's right for us to get on our high horses given our own checkered history.

selassie
26-08-2011, 04:23 PM

Won't be Drogba, wage demands way too high. I'd take Sturridge in a heartbeat, think the kid has huge potential, he's just as good as Wellbeck at United and look at the season he is having, in fact Wellbeck & Sturridge were both very good last season.

Boss
26-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Barton signs a 4 year deal with QPR.

They're also wrapping up deals for Luke Young and SWP soon apparently. :lol:

This is from the 2nd richest club in the Premiership :rose:

Coney
26-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Joker, drop it!

its part of the chase and no-one is saying that this is the final bid........I know you are thinking that we are risking losing the chance of signing because we offend but Barca did the same twice and still ended up with Cesc

things arent much different here.......we aint Citeh and start the ante with crazy money.......Wenger knows he needs players in other positions and is trying for a low price......I wont be surprised if he picks him up for 10 plus ?......for me that would be very shrewd business

Plus Wenger said that we did not offer just 6M. Now if I am asked if I should support the Arsenal manager or the Bolton manager, I support the former.

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Outside investment has also propped our club up. On the other thread about City's owners, someone mentioned how Danny Fiszman "put £50m of his own money in, money made of pure diamonds."

Herbert Chapman came to our club from Huddersfield because we offered him more money, and he helped shape the club's philosophy ever since.

Moreover, the Hill-Wood family are originally from Glossop and were involved with the local club and jumped ship when they saw they could make more money out of a London football club. As we all know, the Hill-Wood family have since been involved with the club for generations.

Let's not forget our former chairman Herbert Norris banned for life in 1927 for financial irregularities, and the controversy over our promotion to the top division amidst allegations that he bribed officials.

We're not whiter than white, and neither is any football club that's owned privately. I just don't think it's right for us to get on our high horses given our own checkered history.

I didn't know about Fizzman putting 50m of his own money in, kudos to him on that but it doesn't quite match the 3/4 of a billion that Abramovich plowed into Chelsea and Citeh are getting rapidly closer to that mark.

I don't think it's worth going back to the 20s to try and prove something that we already know: we ain't perfect but then, neither am I and I wouldn't put myself in the same league as Pol Pot either, there's a very large middle ground there.

The Realist
26-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Elias and Hazard are apperently on there way for medicals

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Barton signs a 4 year deal with QPR.

They're also wrapping up deals for Luke Young and SWP soon apparently. :lol:

This is from the 2nd richest club in the Premiership :rose:

Balls, we've gone from having to play against Barton once more to another two 'visits', bad news.

Unai Tea
26-08-2011, 04:32 PM

£50m which he very likely earned back over time, as a shareholder should. 'Put £50m in'...was that a loan with interest? etc. The rest of that is neither here nor there. I didn't suggest Arsenal is whiter than white in everything they do. I did suggest that Arsenal is a 'normal' club and is unlike a billionaire's plaything where hundreds of £millions are sunk in for years to buy success. Nothing you say changes that in any way.

GunnerFan4Life
26-08-2011, 04:34 PM

Where did you hear that?

selassie
26-08-2011, 04:35 PM

Elias is realistic...Hazard I very much doubt, we'd have to double our transfer record to secure him, not going to happen. Anyway, where did you hear about this?

Japan Shaking All Over
26-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Stop with this stupid fucking accusation about me being a City fan.

http://www.titaniumteddybear.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/joker-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

Japan Shaking All Over
26-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Balls, we've gone from having to play against Barton once more to another two 'visits', bad news.

oh shit yeah!

gotta make sure Gerb has got this ready in his back pocket next time......................

http://doinglifebeingtiff.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/bitch-slap.jpg

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Elias is realistic...Hazard I very much doubt, we'd have to double our transfer record to secure him, not going to happen. Anyway, where did you hear about this?

i dont know about hazard being unrealistic, wenger has said that if the player is right then money is no object. arshavin was one of those that dragged but we got him

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2011, 04:47 PM

not quite, remember two of those games will be at ours, he wont get away with it htere as crowd will be against him

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 04:48 PM
oh shit yeah!

gotta make sure Gerb has got this ready in his back pocket next time......................

http://doinglifebeingtiff.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/bitch-slap.jpg

Official as that looks I can see the FA taking issue, all we really need is to get Diaby to a point whereby he's able to run and slide with great force, take a little sliver of ball and then swipe through, it's all perfectly legal apparently.

Darth Vela
26-08-2011, 04:50 PM
not quite, remember two of those games will be at ours, he wont get away with it htere as crowd will be against him

I would hope we've learned our lesson anyway but Barton will always find a way, fingers crossed he'll be too shit-scared of Frimpong to try anything.

Also, only one of the games will be at ours unless QPR have kindly agreed to play their home fixture at the Emirates, damned decent of them if they did.

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Nothing I suppose but it looks like they will be buying Coates.

Knowing us we'll probably buy both.

Ollie the Optimist
26-08-2011, 04:53 PM
I would hope we've learned our lesson anyway but Barton will always find a way, fingers crossed he'll be too shit-scared of Frimpong to try anything.

Also, only one of the games will be at ours unless QPR have kindly agreed to play their home fixture at the Emirates, damned decent of them if they did.

ah of course, had in my head we still had newcastle at home with him playing too. as you were :lol:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Knowing us we'll probably buy both.

CB's to Kenny are what fullbacks are to Rafa?

GunnerFan4Life
26-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Twitter going crazy over Hazard, saying personal terms agreed and Hazard in london, deal could be done today #rumours

Japan Shaking All Over
26-08-2011, 05:05 PM
:pray:

Syn
26-08-2011, 05:08 PM
It would be utterly pointless to sign Elia.

We hav as well yknow Oxo cube, Walcott, Arshavin, Miyachi, Rosicky and don't forget as well that Alex Song and Szczesny can also play there.

But seriously, it would be pointless considering we desperately need to strengthen in other areas.

We need a top CM, a top CB and a top striker.

We will get a decent CB or a striker.

And the fans will be happy for a month or so...it'll buy (pun very much intended) Wenger some time.

Syn
26-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Twitter going crazy over Hazard, saying personal terms agreed and Hazard in london, deal could be done today #rumours

You guise are idiots tbf.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Schweinsteiger has signed. Don't bother asking for proof or telling me it hasn't happened because you'll be ignored.

Master Splinter
26-08-2011, 05:19 PM
The English Pique.

That's Meee-Gwell tbh.

Have you heard him speak?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDgFCY5GnqI

Master Splinter
26-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Small time club, if you invite gypsies they will wash their underwear on your lawn.

:haha:

Japan Shaking All Over
26-08-2011, 05:21 PM
wont believe that till I read it in Spanish.........you should know better NQ!:sulk:

Master Splinter
26-08-2011, 05:22 PM
This thread has been brilliant over the last 20 or so pages.

The amount of derp and herp would make Pique blush.

GW :bow:.

Syn
26-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Schweinsteiger has signed. Don't bother asking for proof or telling me it hasn't happened because you'll be ignored.

Kaiser
26-08-2011, 05:39 PM
That's Meee-Gwell tbh.

Have you heard him speak?

Meeee-GHEL, you mean?

GunnerFan4Life
26-08-2011, 05:52 PM
piersmorgan Piers Morgan
by JackWilshere
Hearing good informed whispers that #Cahill deal is being actively negotiated with #Arsenal ... Great news if true. Perfect signing.

Kano
26-08-2011, 05:54 PM

innit. they got hold of diarra no probs. parker should feel wanted knowing he's their second choice.

Master Splinter
26-08-2011, 05:57 PM
innit. they got hold of diarra no probs. parker should feel wanted knowing he's their second choice.

Don't forget Mata, Rossi and Forlan.

Shaqiri Is Boss
26-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Don't forget Mata, Rossi and Forlan.
And Aguero :haha:

AKBapologist
26-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Hazard signing is imminent... :o

Sirjackofwilshere
26-08-2011, 06:13 PM
If we signed Hazard and Cahill I'd be absolutely delighted.
If we signed M'Vila as well, tears of joy will be shed.

Sirjackofwilshere
26-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Also apparently Wenger wants podolski as well

AKBapologist
26-08-2011, 06:16 PM
All of that plus a striker to replace bendy and it's genuinely on. For the first time in ages I'd feel that the squad was somewhat complete.

AKBapologist
26-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Also apparently Wenger wants podolski as well
:pray:

Joker
26-08-2011, 06:23 PM

That would be excellent business, but the problem is the club's still penny pinching and trying to pay bargain basement prices.

Sirjackofwilshere
26-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Also rumours of Elia

milla
26-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Also Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Robert Pires signing are imminent. :coffee:

Boss
26-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Interesting to find out how many people on here are Sun readers.

All in the last page too.

Marc Overmars
26-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Reckon this thread will hit 10,000 replies on Wednesday night.

Shits going down.

fakeyank
26-08-2011, 06:46 PM
It will be funny when we dont buy anyone :lol:

Sirjackofwilshere
26-08-2011, 06:51 PM
I'd be surprised if there was a greater collection of miserable mongs anywhere else on the Internet other than GW. There's 5 days left of the window...if you can't dream now then when??

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 06:53 PM
I'd be surprised if there was a greater collection of miserable mongs anywhere else on the Internet other than GW. There's 5 days left of the window...if you can't dream now then when??

Right after the Jimmer-jammers on CBeebies, of course.

Sirjackofwilshere
26-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Wait for it....Lille want Squillaci as part of the deal...hope Vinger throws in Almunia and Bendyarse too

Master Splinter
26-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Reckon this thread will hit 10,000 replies on Wednesday night.

Shits going down.

Is there usually a new thread created for the final day madness?

Would be funny to see how many pages a thread started on Wednesday morning would reach.

Make it happen IMO TBH TBF ITV DEFRA NATO NSPCC.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Nah we keep the same thread usually. We'll just make a note of where it begins. It had been a bit shit recently with the transfer windows closing in the early evening - it's 11PM this time.

Edinburgh Gooner
26-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Nah we keep the same thread usually. We'll just make a note of where it begins. It had been a bit shit recently with the transfer windows closing in the early evening - it's 11PM this time.

That means I'll get at least 4 hours of goodness. I get in from work around 6 so i'll be spending the time catchin up on previous posts.

If these rumours mentioned over the last couple of pages comes off...
A) I'd spunk ma breeks
B) I bet samir and Cesc will be a bit pissed off we showed no ambition until they left lol.

isv
26-08-2011, 07:26 PM
B) Cesc will be a bit pissed off we showed no ambition until they left lol.

1918: FOOTBALL - World player of the year Lionel Messi named in Barcelona side to face Porto in Super Cup final in Monaco. Former Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas warming the substitutes bench.

Niall_Quinn
26-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Very first post in the thread...

23-05-2011 12:19 AM #1
Bolton boss Owen Coyle has suggested that he is willing to negotiate a transfer for England international Gary Cahill who has been the subject of much speculation in recent weeks.

Want to go around again before the 31st?

Edinburgh Gooner
26-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Very first post in the thread...

Want to go around again before the 31st?

i nearly choked on my naan bread. then noticed the date lol

GunnerFan4Life
26-08-2011, 07:34 PM
I remember when we were crazily linked with Ricky Alvarez, good times :bow:

Edinburgh Gooner
26-08-2011, 07:36 PM
I remember when we were crazily linked with Ricky Alvarez, good times :bow:

Then we reached the point of being linked with Scott Dann!! :ilt:

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2011, 07:36 PM
That means I'll get at least 4 hours of goodness. I get in from work around 6 so i'll be spending the time catchin up on previous posts.

If these rumours mentioned over the last couple of pages comes off...
A) I'd spunk ma breeks
B) I bet samir and Cesc will be a bit pissed off we showed no ambition until they left lol.

Hmmm if we haven't actually signed anyone by the time you get to the latest post, how deflated are you likely to be?

GunnerFan4Life
26-08-2011, 07:41 PM
http://twitpic.com/6blrh0

Edinburgh Gooner
26-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Hmmm if we haven't actually signed anyone by the time you get to the latest post, how deflated are you likely to be?

I couldn't imagine maccy.
I have a Hibs fan, yeas a Hibs fan who also supported Newcastle as a work mate. Ne said to me the other day " I'm getting pissed of with Toon, I'm GOING BACK TO SUPPORTINGLiverpool. He's always coming to me saying that we are signing x,y,z yet they have yet to materialize. I have given my tuppence worth of my desired signings to him and he rekons we stand nae chance. My desired were.. Cahill, Hazard an A.Nother.

Edinburgh Gooner
26-08-2011, 07:44 PM
http://twitpic.com/6blrh0

That's bullshit man.

McNamara That Ghost...
26-08-2011, 07:46 PM
I couldn't imagine maccy.
I have a Hibs fan, yeas a Hibs fan who also supported Newcastle as a work mate. Ne said to me the other day " I'm getting pissed of with Toon, I'm GOING BACK TO SUPPORTINGLiverpool. He's always coming to me saying that we are signing x,y,z yet they have yet to materialize. I have given my tuppence worth of my desired signings to him and he rekons we stand nae chance. My desired were.. Cahill, Hazard an A.Nother.

I guess it will be worth the risk of deflation then to be smug with him! Also, going back to supporting? How many teams does he actually support; is he Robbie Keane?