User Tag List

Thread: This season's most disappointing player?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This season's most disappointing player?

Ok, it would be harder to name a player that you're not disappointed with this season but which player have you been most disappointed with?

Whilst it goes without saying Vermaelen, Arshavin, Chesney, Sagna, Gervinho have largely been awful this season and Arteta divides opinion but for me the most disappointing player has been the Ox.

I expected him to do something this season. I know he's young but he should be doing much better. One thing you cannot criticise Wenger for is not playing youngsters, he's famous for it. So he's not getting game time because he isn't showing enough in training or on the pitch.

I can't really see where the hype comes from with the Ox...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has to be Sagan.

Used to always be a 7/10 guy minimum, one of the first names on the team sheet and generally a player we could all agree on.

Awful this season though, his future being up in the air probably hasn't helped. He's certainly lost focus and his crossing which was never great to begin with, has sunk to even further depths.

Oxlade has been disappointing as well but Wenget is still punishing him for that United game last season, so I'll cut him some slack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta say i agree with MO, sagan has been truly awful compared to his normal standards. head doesnt seem to be in it. just seems to lack concentration.

Vermaelen as well. when we needed him to show leadership after RVP left he just seems to have regressed. again he looks like his mind is elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate to play the scapegoating game, but it has to be Sagna. I regularly get the impression that he just does not give a shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diaby. This crock should be taken out back and dusted. Wenget placed immeasurable faith in him and it has cost us dearly. This as the position he was expected to assume is a crucial one and there was no credible plan B.

Oh, also Arteta. What really is his purpose in our team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say Sagna and Vermaelen, guess i have to say Diaby aswell cuz he was awesome in the beginning of the season, then he became injured and shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also have so say Sagan. I can't really say I'm disappointed in Diaby because we've got exactly what I expected from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arshavin. He's an utter disgrace. Sagna, Diaby and the rest are all shite, no argument there, but at least they occasionally turn up and are fit enough to run 10 yards. Arshavin still takes the money doesn't he?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vermaelen.

He was given the captaincy, something I though he would relish and use to cement him position as the leader of the team however not only has he shown zero leadership abilities, his form has suffered. Now he's not even in the first team, a far drop from a few seasons ago when he looked top class.

Other disappointments:
    - Ox
    - Jack
    - Ramsey
    - Sagna