User Tag List

Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Unai Emery - Confirmed as the New Arsenal Manager - ORNSTEINNNN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Not yet but it'd be bonkers if he's not got it. Sounds like a done deal.

Hard to imagine we'll soon be starting a season where different things happen. Can't quite picture it.
    22 years is a long time seeing the same face in charge and especially with the predictability of the last few years. We don't know how we're going to play, nor which players will be there or come in. It is refreshing yet weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    There's a lot of confirmation bias going on IMO. Can you imagine the reaction if we knew for 2 weeks it was Emery in pole position but suddenly Arteta got the job? I think people had convinced themselves that hiring someone with zero experience was going to be revolutionary but now we've got more of a safer bet we're all a little underwhelmed. The most important thing to remember is we haven't got a dud, the guy is clearly a proper coach and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.
    That's for sure. I had to get my head around why we'd consider Arteta, accepted it and now I'm doing the same with Emery.

Pros and cons with every appointment. For me, the concern with Emery is that he won't be able to compete with the major clubs. I can't ignore his record against major clubs and top tier rival managers. Also, going a whole season without an Away win and the fiasco at PSG has me a little worried by his man management skills and discipline. PSG seemed toxic but I can't understand what happened with Sevilla. Also, I can't understand why he wasn't able to push Sevilla to a top 4 spot in La Liga. Managing that along with the Europa League wins would have looked more impressive to me.

But there are plenty of pros. He has an eye for talent. That Valencia team with David Villa, David Silva and Mata was impressive. It also sounds like he is good at developing young players. Rabiot for PSG became more consistent from what I've heard. I also like the fact that he is meticulous when it comes to details and he will do his homework. He's a tactician.

I'm more optimistic than yesterday. I think with more resources he'll do a lot better than what he was able to do at Sevilla and Valencia. But a club like PSG, Real Madrid or even Chlesa would be a bad move for him. Too many egos and player power politics. He won't have that problem at Arsenal. If our aim is to compete with the big clubs but with an alternative approach that is more similar to what we have seen at Dortmund and Atletico in terms of transfers and development, we might do we really well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    22 years is a long time seeing the same face in charge and especially with the predictability of the last few years. We don't know how we're going to play, nor which players will be there or come in. It is refreshing yet weird.
    Can you imagine how excited the players must be? From Arteta and someone not really liked in the dressing room to an experienced serial winner. The players must be buzzing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Can you imagine how excited the players must be? From Arteta and someone not really liked in the dressing room to an experienced serial winner. The players must be buzzing.
    I doubt it. For some of them the focus will be on the World Cup, for the rest, their holidays. Buzz and excitement will have to be beaten into this lot. It has been a long time since this squad was energised by anything and they have all developed terrible habits. Whoever it was coming in always had a major job. If Emery can bring leadership, something lacking for so long (we don't even have a club captain), then great, but he'll still have to sell it to a bunch that has been coddled for most of their careers.

It's good Auba and Laca haven't spent that much time with Wenger. They'll still remember what it was like to work with a real football manager. We start from there and see what else can be rescued.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a lot of confirmation bias going on IMO. Can you imagine the reaction if we knew for 2 weeks it was Emery in pole position but suddenly Arteta got the job? I think people had convinced themselves that hiring someone with zero experience was going to be revolutionary but now we've got more of a safer bet we're all a little underwhelmed. The most important thing to remember is we haven't got a dud, the guy is clearly a proper coach and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spot on, I'm very happy, Arteta wasn't for me, no experience and just a coach, we've seen Guardiola didn't need the coaches and assistants, he wins wherever he goes and with whoever as long as you give him lots of money and top players.

Emeri has got a decent record, wins stuff and has shown at a number of clubs he can deliver and bring in good players, Arteta would have been a big mistake, his name is part and parcel of a time of Arsenal failure, where he alongside many others showed no leadership and no real quality, he never changed the flow of any game with his suppose influence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta was bang average. People regard him as some sort of great leader but he oversaw the most embarrassing period in our recent era. If he was the great leader people say he was he'd have led us to something half decent during his time here.

If he didnt look smart or speak professionally he'd be regarded in the same category as Denilson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Arteta was bang average. People regard him as some sort of great leader but he oversaw the most embarrassing period in our recent era. If he was the great leader people say he was he'd have led us to something half decent during his time here.

If he didnt look smart or speak professionally he'd be regarded in the same category as Denilson.
    Arteta is a wildcard choice but you guys need to stop with these ridiculous projections based off his playing career. Nobody knows how things will turn out for him.

Not all coach's have a successful playing career before transitioning into management. That's true of Arsene Wenger, Fergie, Mourinho and even Emery, who couldn't cut it in La Liga and spent his career playing in the Spanish Division 1 football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Arteta is a wildcard choice but you guys need to stop with these ridiculous projections based off his playing career. Nobody knows how things will turn out for him.

Not all coach's have a successful playing career before transitioning into management. That's true of Arsene Wenger, Fergie, Mourinho and even Emery, who couldn't cut it in La Liga and spent his career playing in the Spanish Division 1 football.
    I was speaking about his playing career and stated facts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery on his match preparation: “For every game, I might have spent 12 hours just on the video. Videos are very important.” #afc https://t.co/TKyKDpcMYK