User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Brentford vs Arsenal - Match reaction and player rating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Again I’m afraid you’re doing that thing again. Words come out of the mouth not the Anus
    Unnecessary.

I haven’t discussed Xhaka as a person, there’s no need to. I’m not talking about any personal or leadership failings. I’m talking about his ability as a footballer pure and simple.
    And in doing so you ignore a significant part of what a player can bring to a team, and a principal reason why succesive managers have had the player as an ever present in their teams. We have often in recent years lamented the lack of leadership in the team. One can't do this on the one hand and then dismiss the value of a player who shows (mostly) leadership commitment and professionalism.

It’s not because Xhaka is lazy that he gives away the ball it’s because he lacks the ability to retain possession under pressure, it’s not that he was played for too long in the DM role that makes him a liability it’s because he lacks awareness of what’s going on around him when he doesn’t have the ball….he doesn’t have a footballing brain. Which means he cannot read, anticipate where he’s meant to be especially if we lose the ball he can’t anticipate and then as a result is more likely to make rash challenges…it’s not a personal defect, it’s a footballing defect.
    Your opinion only. Not a fact. And not supported by the evidence. Xhaka is the most important player in his international team and an ever-present in ours. I have acknowledged that he lacks pace (the reason for many of the rash challenges that he has made at times). But it simply doesn't make any sense that he lacks a footballing brain or can't anticipate what is going to happen on the pitch. I gave you a clear example (Ian Wright's MOTD analysis) that debunks what you are saying.

As a footballer you either have it or you don’t, Walcott was a good athlete and a decent striker of the ball but he couldn’t even look up on the ball because he didn’t know what his own feet were doing.
    I’m not saying this to be insulting, you’re either made that way or you’re not. And to exist in this league without being exposed….Xhaka isn’t built
    I disagree - and Xhaka's performances this season (and if we are fair and honest) much of last season support my stance. IMO Xhaka is nowhere near as inept as those with confirmation bias suggest.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is becoming tiresome and I’m sorry but if you keep talking out of your backside it’s not reasonable to point the finger at me for calling attention to it.

I’m sure Xhaka does provide presence in the dressing room, but none of that is relevant when on the pitch he plays in the most important area and he’s not good enough in possession to be trusted there. He isn’t quick enough, he can’t dribble…he can only pass when given the time to get the ball onto his favoured foot.

Nothing else you’re saying negates this.

He has a huge international presence? Tell me this, if a team that comprised of every Switzerland international played in the premier league would it get in the top ten let alone the top four?

You really need to let go with this. Apart from anything else nothing you or I say matters he’s going to continue to be played and my opinion based a) on his lack of footballing attributes and b) what we’ve seen consistently in the past is that it will come back to haunt us.

And you’re evidence that someone doesn’t lack a footballing brain is a clip analysed by someone who doesn’t have a brain full stop? I love Wrighty but expecting coherent analysis from him is like expecting my nephew to understand the factors involved in the collapse of the Soviet Union.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 22-09-2022 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Apart from anything else nothing you or I say matters he’s going to continue to be played and my opinion based a) on his lack of footballing attributes and b) what we’ve seen consistently in the past is that it will come back to haunt us.
    again, it's this for me, the fact he's been no 1 on the team sheet ever since Arteta's arrival (and Emery before him), despite prior to this season being a total liability, says that there is a questionable dynamic there akin to 'teacher's pet' syndrome, where Xhaka's quickly inserting himself into the backside of a new manager has saved him from being demoted or sold numerous times. Arteta would literally have taken out a gun and shot Guendouzi, Pepe or Auba for doing half the things that Xhaka has done, yet he gets away with it

ok, Xhaka playing further up the pitch takes him out of his real danger zone and it works against lesser teams, when as you say he is given the time to play a good pass (which he admittedly can do), but ultimately he is not a player fit for a team which wants to be bona fide top 4 contenders

so totally agree that Arteta's obsession with him is unhealthy and will hold us back
    Last edited by Mac76; 22-09-2022 at 10:43 AM.