User Tag List

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Samir "The Weasel" Nasri - The Epitome of Wenger's Failings!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Do you think we left Cesc with a year to go on his contract? Was Rooney down to his last two years when Manure were trying to get him to sign a new one? If we started negotiating early before he hits the 24 month mark and he didn't want to sign, you sell him because another year won't make a difference. Unless, you think winning a trophy will change his mind. We took a major gamble and we really should be signing players to 4/5 year deals instead of 3.
    Cesc with his performance had given ample reasons for the club to approach him before 24 months was left. Nasri till this season (that too for around 3-4 months) had shown no signs of converting promise to performance. I would rather that they improve contracts of only performers. I would not want a Bendtner being paid 52K for no reason (not sure if this is true, but in principle i don't like this). But in not signing established players, anyone who has had a decent spell can now hold the club to a ransom. Remember the Wojchec threat that he would quit if he didn't start games. There was also a protracted discussion with Ozyakup on him signig an extension as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Do you think we left Cesc with a year to go on his contract? Was Rooney down to his last two years when Manure were trying to get him to sign a new one? If we started negotiating early before he hits the 24 month mark and he didn't want to sign, you sell him because another year won't make a difference. Unless, you think winning a trophy will change his mind. We took a major gamble and we really should be signing players to 4/5 year deals instead of 3.
    Problem is that before Nasri hit the 24 month mark he had been with us for less than a year...and had done nothing to suggest that he had the talent and consistency to become a really top player. So signing a new deal then might have left us simply with a large wage bill that wasn't justified. Same goes for giving our players 4/5 year contracts.

Its a problem intrinsic with the model we have followed as a club for the past 5 years - pluck relative unknowns from foreign/lower leagues and you have limited ability to predict how they will turn out. You have to offer shorter contracts and rely upon them showing their worth soon enough to be able to negotiate with time to spare. Which may leave you in a weaker position.

I have no problem with this at the time - albeit that the inherent weaknesses of our model have now become evident.

What I would question more is how the likes of Hleb; Flamini; Nasri are able to turn it on when they want to be in the shop window and are eying up the next door neighbour, but not otherwise.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @NS Hleb might be an exception. The Barca offer came in as an accident and Helb got swayed not sure he worked on it. That said we all agree to the trend. How much of his contract does Arshavin have left?If he is not sold he could be the stand out player for us next season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsofashburtongrove View Post
    @NS Hleb might be an exception. The Barca offer came in as an accident and Helb got swayed not sure he worked on it. That said we all agree to the trend. How much of his contract does Arshavin have left?If he is not sold he could be the stand out player for us next season
    In some ways, I'd prefer Arshavin, should he get fit, to play in the covetted "hole" position. That's where the lad has always played, and I swear he'd be more effective than anyone else.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    In some ways, I'd prefer Arshavin, should he get fit, to play in the covetted "hole" position. That's where the lad has always played, and I swear he'd be more effective than anyone else.
    Yes. The fact that he doesn't get to play there and our refusal to strengthen by buying is probably what turned him into what he is now. There is also a soft corner because he has not turned mercenary as yet and has generally looked like putting in an effort.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Send him back to Lesbos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone care if we sell this little lesbian twat?

Like most of our players he's vastly overrated.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont care if we sell any of our players as long as we bring in players but we wont so we might as well keep the ones we have.

We wont do that either.

This club is truly fucked up

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not arsed and I mean that because he is just doing what is best for himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I care because it paints a bad picture for the club. What sort of message would it send out if United were able to sign one of our best? Not that I think he'll go there but the fact he didn't rule it out leaves me concerned at that prospect.

If Nasri wants to go, fine, but what will do to compensate for the loss? History suggests not a lot when key players have left in the past.