User Tag List

Page 101 of 171 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1709

Thread: Luis Suarez thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool striker Luis Suarez admits he still hopes to come to a "friendly" resolution with the club over his transfer saga.

Suarez is looking to secure a move away from Anfield this summer and has called in the help of the Professional Footballers' Association to try and mediate over a reported buy-out clause in his contract.

The Uruguayan has claimed Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has reneged on an agreement last summer which would allow the player to leave for a Champions League club.

The claim from Suarez has infuriated Rodgers and Liverpool with the player now being forced to train alone with Rodgers suggesting the 26-year-old had shown a "total disrespect" to the club with his outburst.

Suarez remains determined to leave Liverpool, but says he is "still defending the Liverpool shirt" until his future is resolved.

"I'm still defending the Liverpool shirt and I will do so until the last minute," Suarez is quoted as saying Marca.

"My aim is to reach an agreement with the club in a friendly manner and I hope the clause we agreed a year ago is fulfilled. Up to now, it hasn't been.

"It's not that I want to or am desperate to leave, but I like things to be clear and a year ago I made my position to the club clear."

Suarez also revealed he is prepared to ignore pleas from Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard to stay as he set his heart on playing for a club in the Champions League.

"A Champions League team (Arsenal) is making a big effort to get me and one always wants to be where they feel comfortable."
    Luis Suarez
    "Gerrard has a lot of history with Liverpool and his words are very important but everyone should understand that I need to play the Champions League to keep growing as a footballer," added Suarez.

"Now I have the chance, I want to take it.

"A Champions League team (Arsenal) is making a big effort to get me and one always wants to be where they feel comfortable."

Real Madrid have been credited with an interest in Suarez and the former Ajax man admits he would jump at the chance of joining the Spanish giants

"There were a lot of rumours (about Real) that were different to reality: Madrid never called me personally or Liverpool to try and negotiate," continued Suarez.

"Every player aspires to reach the top and Real Madrid is among the most important clubs in the world. It would be very difficult to say no to Real Madrid."
    suarez speaks again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    He's not going to need to act up for us to sell someone.
    I don't even view that as a tongue in cheek comment, I think our reputation most likely plays a huge part. CL football and then an easy exit, we're everything he needs on the path to Madrid.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    I'm officially bored with all of this shit.
    I got there yesterday, having been unofficially bored of it for weeks.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wunt 2 play champeeons leeg and i hope dey stick to the pwomise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    suarez speaks again
    That was in Marca? Interesting he's speaking to them.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    suarez speaks again
    .....and there's the call to Real, "come and get me"
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I don't even view that as a tongue in cheek comment, I think our reputation most likely plays a huge part. CL football and then an easy exit, we're everything he needs on the path to Madrid.
    Fine by me.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not that I want to or am desperate to leave
    That makes literally no sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is a point for Zimm here. apparently a player who plays less then 10% of the games, is entitled to terminate his contract.

so you cant make him rot in the reserves. unless you play him in hte odd game just to make sure he stays above 10% but htat wouldnt really work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is a point for Zimm here. apparently a player who plays less then 10% of the games, is entitled to terminate his contract.

so you cant make him rot in the reserves. unless you play him in hte odd game just to make sure he stays above 10% but htat wouldnt really work
    Does it work the other way around? I'm thinking Nick Bendtner here.
    Für eure Sicherheit