User Tag List

Page 102 of 312 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3116

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Well considering you have said yourself that you don't trust Wenger to spend money, when you then say this isn't a terrible piece of business....you definitely mean it.

And for what it's worth i agree
    Oh yeah, this is a no brainer. Experienced, Prem ready, can only play one position....these are the type of signings you just can't blame Wenger for if they turn out to be a complete dud. I'd be livid if we spent a good chunk of our budget on some young untested keeper that will take a few years to find his form. By the time he's ready, our CB's will be on their way out and we need to be building a championship ready team right now. Can always be in the position where we're one or two players away from contending. Take too long to replace and improve we'll always be a couple of players away. I'd take this sort of signing over the Chamber's, Welbeck's and Giroud's.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Also sorry to the token Liverpool guy on here, but i think that's 29m that Rodgers has just spunked up the wall for you.....Firmino has scored 7 Bundesliga goals this season, just three since the winter break....his record since joining Hoffenheim in 2011 is 35 goals in 130 appearances not exactly prolific.
    Should have gone for Bacca or Rondon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't this Firminho bloke an attacking midfielder? Sterling's replacement probably.

29m though.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 23-06-2015 at 10:36 PM.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Isn't this Firminho bloke an attacking midfielder though? Sterling's replacement probably.
    my understanding was that he was a deep lying forward in the Rooney Mould

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Power_n_Glory;464256]Spurs signed Lloris yonks ago. Very harsh to penalise Wenger for a signing made so long ago. He's finally addressing the goalkeeper issue so why bring up past signings that happended 4/5 years ago?

If you don't trust Wenger with signings I doubt you'd cut him any slack for spending £20m on a keeper that's developing and if he had the sort of seasons De Gea had for Utd when first arriving, you wouldn't praise the pur

33 isn't old for a keeper. Young keepers getting first team action is very rare. When we signed Lehman and when Utd signed Van der Sar, they were older signings compared to Cech. I don't know what the problem is. I'm often criticak of Wenger mistakes but this isn't one of them. Seems like you'rd take every opportunity to beat him down with whatever decision he makes. It just gives ammunition to guys like Letters who thinks their is an agenda against Wenger.[/QUOTE

What are you thinking about when you say it's harsh to penalise Wenger for signings made long ago - we haven't had decent keeper since Seaman, please explain who's fault that is. No DM since Gilberto, no striker since RVP but whatever we do let's not blame the bloke who's job it is to buy these players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my understanding was that he was a deep lying forward in the Rooney Mould
    With any luck Brodge will play him as a wingback.

Supposed to be a very good player though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    And therein lies the difference between a Wengerophobe and a WUM.
    Some people have such advanced Zim's disease they just refuse to see the good in anything we do any more. It's so tiresome.
    Sign him and it'll be the first time we've had a really top class 'keeper since Seamen (my jury was always out on Lehmann, he could be brilliant but wasn't consistent)
    Yes, he's getting on but 'keepers can perform well into their 30s, we could get 4 or 5 good years out of him.
    Whatever you think about Wenger, what's not to like about this?
    Totally agree on Lehmann though it's off topic.... He wasn't nearly consistent to garner the praise he gets at times....
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    How much does Wenger earn?

The scrawny paedo child catcher blind frog munching did not zee it rapper fucking cunt deserves no more than 50 pounds for delivering fourth place trophy imo.
    I chortled my ribena out of my nose reading that....

Anyway, nice deal, seemingly about to be done early doors.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also sorry to the token Liverpool guy on here, but i think that's 29m that Rodgers has just spunked up the wall for you.....Firmino has scored 7 Bundesliga goals this season, just three since the winter break....his record since joining Hoffenheim in 2011 is 35 goals in 130 appearances not exactly prolific.
    Should have gone for Bacca or Rondon.
    I'll be honest I don't know enough about him to be annoyed or excited but from what I've read he's a #10 who can play across the front line and likes a dribble. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we did go for one of Rondon or Bacca and if the combined fee came to about the same as what we get for Sterling.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firminho does seem like a good move from the Scousers considering their situation. Good stats, the right age and seems to have a lot of genuine quality.

Has the potential to explode like a Suarez but isn't established or proven enough yet for the bigger regular CL playing clubs like us to target, i.e. - the best type of player they can attract right now. They've overpaid certainly but they've got no choice right now.

Think he'll ultimately end up doing well though it'll take a season or two for him. Bigger problem though for them as Maccy alluded to is the high number of in-comings they're making yet again. No matter how early they come in it's going to take time for that number of players to settle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone pick me up - we've made a signing and its not even August yet. Is it Cech, is it Martinez, is it Schneiderlain - No, its Vlad Dragomir, a 16 year old midfielder from the European powerhouse of ACS Timisoara.