User Tag List

Page 103 of 458 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 4574

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery and Recriminations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Mahrez and Kante we'd have a decent chance of getting (one though maybe not both), instead we've gone for Vardy, a one season wonder who has apparently said he'd never move to London, sounds to me like a long summer saga is coming up where we sit there on our hands dong nothing whilst a player who's not interested doesn't arrive.

Conspiracy theories could point to the fact we go after these players who are less likely to move so that when it invariably goes pear shaped it makes it look like we were trying.
    Good news for Vardy then! He'd most likely be living in leafy, picturesque St. Albans, close to the training ground, so the London thing isn't really any kind of issue. Piss easy train journey back to Leicester from there too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never say never, from what I heard there was talk he may move, at the end of the day if you don't try you'll never find out, many a player who was thought unavailable was snapped up after making an offer.

We never try, so we never get.
    From what you heard, what do you mean, personal phone calls or the Daily Star? He's very recently said he's happy there and that he hopes to agree the contract very soon. You always do this when it suits, which is quite funny. Then you dig into the manager when he is apparently trying to buy players that do not want to come here. I get it, you're happy France won, that Griezmann scored and justified your belief in him, which is fair enough. No one on here thinks he's a bad player, just that we like to unjustifiably support our players at national team level and laugh at superstars failing on their stupid faces. But get real Zim, he's made it clear he wants to stay, that is being sorted and it would be daft to waste time and effort putting in a bid.
    Last edited by Kano; 16-06-2016 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mahrez and Kante we'd have a decent chance of getting (one though maybe not both), instead we've gone for Vardy, a one season wonder who has apparently said he'd never move to London, sounds to me like a long summer saga is coming up where we sit there on our hands dong nothing whilst a player who's not interested doesn't arrive.

Conspiracy theories could point to the fact we go after these players who are less likely to move so that when it invariably goes pear shaped it makes it look like we were trying.
    But surely Kante and Mahrez are one season wonders too, using your logic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    Logic??

NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what you heard, what do you mean, personal phone calls or the Daily Star? He's very recently said he's happy there and that he hopes to agree the contract very soon. You always do this when it suits, which is quite funny. Then you dig into the manager when he is apparently trying to buy players that do not want to come here. I get it, you're happy France won, that Griezmann scored and justified your belief in him, which is fair enough. No one on here thinks he's a bad player, just that we like to unjustifiably support our players at national team level and laugh at superstars failing on their stupid faces. But get real Zim, he's made it clear he wants to stay, that is being sorted and it would be daft to waste time and effort putting in a bid.
    Guillem Balague

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/26/atleti...lague-5841479/

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/03/antione-griezmann-ready-to-complete-manchester-united-transfer-if-diego-simeone-leaves-atletico-madrid-5922849/

Players aren't always openly available, if I was the manager, I'd give it a go, nothing to lose, but Wenger is more interested in the cheap option as usual, why do a job properly eh, especially as you're use to taking the wrong option?

Griezmanni s class, he scores goals, has bags of talent and is the kind of player we should be going for, Athletico have sold their best striker several times before so it's not like this is something new.

What will happen invariably is he'll end up at some other clubs, score a hatful and we'll be left thinking what if like we always do.

I'm not saying spend all summer chasing him (this is what I have an issue with), if he's not signed up after a couple weeks move on as clearly he doens't want to come.
    Last edited by Özim; 16-06-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you kidding? There's a bit of a difference between a player who's got no record of scoring goals before the age of 29 and two midfield players in their mid 20s coming good isn't there, or can you not see it?

Those two are clearly improving and have years ahead of them, Vardy is towards the end of his career and has an average at best record other than in non league tin pot games.

Vardy is a pub team player who will be remembered for his one good season like many others before, at least he won something though.
    Last edited by Özim; 16-06-2016 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you kidding? There's a bit of a difference between a player who's got no record of scoring goals before the age of 29 and two midfield players in their mid 20s coming good isn't there, or can you not see it?

Those two are clearly improving and have years ahead of them, Vardy is towards the end of his career and has an average at best record other than in non league tin pot games.

Vardy is a pub team player who will be remembered for his one good season like many others before, at least he won something though.
    No - they are currently one season wonders... also they are already mid 20s they aren't kids where you would expect a level of improvement. Are Mahrez and Kante really going to get much better as well? How much further can Kante really run in a game. They both had a great a season I do think Kante would be more useful for us but sometimes players only suit a particularly type of team. Had we offered for those two you would have complained about them instead of Vardy.

You would moan about anything Wenger did even it included signing Messi and Ronaldo. There is nothing we can do about the manager, he will outlive all of us.

Its the summer, so stop moaning about football. I can imagine the scene from Airplane when you talk football with your friends and start moaning about Wenger... they end up hanging themselves just to get out of the conversation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    No - they are currently one season wonders... also they are already mid 20s they aren't kids where you would expect a level of improvement. Are Mahrez and Kante really going to get much better as well? How much further can Kante really run in a game. They both had a great a season I do think Kante would be more useful for us but sometimes players only suit a particularly type of team. Had we offered for those two you would have complained about them instead of Vardy.

You would moan about anything Wenger did even it included signing Messi and Ronaldo. There is nothing we can do about the manager, he will outlive all of us.

Its the summer, so stop moaning about football. I can imagine the scene from Airplane when you talk football with your friends and start moaning about Wenger... they end up hanging themselves just to get out of the conversation.
    Mid 20s is fine, penty of time to improve, players don't usually start reaching a high level until their mids 20s in most cases, but a player who is 29 suddenly improving massively, now that is rare and if anyone is going to be a one season wonder then a player of that age will be, not to mention the fact he won't have that long left at the top level.

Mahrez has bags of raw talent, you can see it, silky skills and creates and scores, he may not reproduce that form, but at his age there's more change than the pubber and he still has time to improve.

No I wouldn't have complained I only complain about players I think are sh*t, I don't do it for effect, if Wenger wasn't so cheap and behaved like normal managers in the transfer market we'd all be a lot happier.

Fact is I don't want Vardy here because I don't rate him, so I'm not going to pretend he's suddenly the muts nuts because we're after him, like I said we should be after players like Higuain, Griezmann or players of that quality and frankly I don't care if you think they are not available, noone knows until they make an offer, in football very few players aren't available, and certainly not players from Athletico who have shown they will sell their best strikers many times before in the past.

Like I said before if you don't try you don't get, other clubs are perfectly happy to give it a go and more often than not get their man whilst we sit there feeling sorry for ourselves that noone is available and then sign average joe's and nobody's, the club is very good though I'll give them credit because they convinced everyone there's noone available and that we have to sign players like Chamakh, Sanogo and Wellbeck and that they are top class and don't have to cost 100 million.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get why that needs to be explained on here. People aren't this stupid and are just trying to poke holes in your argument now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've signed top players. Ozil, Alexis. They haven't made the difference. Not because there's something wrong with them, not because they have failed, but because of the terrible system our manager insists on playing, because of the unbalanced teams he selects, the other crazy decisions he makes and the mistakes he keeps repeating over and over. Wenger costs us a serious title challenge each and every season, either with his antics during the transfer window or the season itself.

What we need is a player that will succeed despite Wenger. Somebody who will just bang in the goals without paying too much attention to triangles and broccoli consumption times the square root of each backward pass. Vardy wouldn't pay attention to any of that shit. He's a natural goalscorer. He'd find himself in the position to score goals no matter how Wenger tried to fuck it up. Just as he found himself in the box to score yesterday for that pub team rabble run by that other fool who gets paid to be incompetent. Vardy will shake up our system, players like Higuain won't. There are no subtleties with Vardy, there's the goal, over there, bang, chalk up another one. It's not hard to figure out his game because it's basic, but nobody can stop him. Wenger won't be able to teach him Wengerball, Vardy is incapable of playing that. Players like Morata would be sucked into that bottomless chasm in no time flat.

I was saying all season, Vardy is the best striker in the league. Maybe not the most gifted, but the best. We've needed a player like him for an age. Even if we only get one season out of him, signing him would break this rinse and repeat cycle. That's the best analogy, our football is like watching a washing machine cleaning clothes. Same thing over and over. What will happen next? Oh look, it went around again. Now what? Wow, around it went. And again, and again. Wenger loves it. 99% possession. Something needs to be thrown into that cycle to break it and at £20mill Vardy represents a real bang for the bucks.

Must get.
    Für eure Sicherheit