User Tag List

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: **Match Reaction Thread - Chelsea League Cup**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at this, it's typical Wenger ball isn't it, little intricate passing moves that don't always lead to us shooting when we should.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Explain to me why Ramsey didn't shoot?
    He was calling for Rosicky to pass him, who passes to Bendtner instead, so i would guess first of all he was surprised to get it back, seeing the position Bendtner was in, but there was a defender (+ Bendtner) infront of him when he gets it, so he tries to get in a better shooting position, but the Chelsea players swarmed him to quickly, so he couldnt get a shot off. If he had shot straight away, he would have had to shoot in between the chelsea player and Bendtner, which would have gotten straight into Schwarzers hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    That said, Bender isn't looking for the chance, else he'd be truned toward goal slightly....which presumably Giroud would have been.
    Giroud would have buried it. Without doubt.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post

Score at 0-1

Take a touch to the side, and shoot at the fucking goal
    Didnt even look at the goal once.

It was a caricature moment.

In 20 years when somebody makes a comedy sketch of the overplaying and style over substance of the late Wenger years they could not perform a more exaggerated action than that. Farcical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For someone of Bendy's ability, so you think he'd have been able to control it, turn and shoot before he was closed down? I don't even think Giroud would have been able to score from that. That's an RVP situation.

Behave.

Anybody on this forum could get a shot on target from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the pace of the pass. It's dead centre under Bendy's feet. The touch would have had to be immense to kill the pace and inch perfect to set up a shot with his right foot. By the time he'd have controlled it the opportunity would have been gone. Wasn't a great game from Bendy but I wouldn't use that moment to illustrate it. That wasn't a coward like or sloppy moment. Ramsey was calling for the pass before it reached Bendy because he saw the shot was on. Just a case of us overplaying if anything. But we need a world class striker! Giroud wouldn't have been able to deal with that.
    Oh please. If was a decent enough ball and a good striker should be able to that dead & make space for a shot. Even if he scuffed it he shouldve given the goalie something to worry about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Q: What did you learn about your squad tonight?
    AW: That we have the needed quality and that when it will matter in the championship we will be there

Really

Should have asked him what he thinks of the fact he's never beaten a Mourinho team
    They asked him before the game, his reply? Not concerned because the managers dont play on the pitch.

Translation? Its not my fault guv, its those fookers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasTC View Post
    He was calling for Rosicky to pass him, who passes to Bendtner instead, so i would guess first of all he was surprised to get it back, seeing the position Bendtner was in, but there was a defender (+ Bendtner) infront of him when he gets it, so he tries to get in a better shooting position, but the Chelsea players swarmed him to quickly, so he couldnt get a shot off. If he had shot straight away, he would have had to shoot in between the chelsea player and Bendtner, which would have gotten straight into Schwarzers hands.
    If you can analyse why Ramsey didn't shoot, why can't you do the same for Bendy? Circumstances on the pitch. I don't know why we go into the physiological analysis mode and assume he doesn't want to be here based on that one incident. Surely he knows his ticket out of here is to score, right?

But overall we need better strikers. It's scandalous that we're depending on Bendy and brought on Park of all people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But overall we need better strikers. It's scandalous that we're depending on Bendy and brought on Park of all people.
    I think that's the point. I wonder if Podolski would have been preferred through the middle? Or Theo?
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Chance didn't look that easy to me, he has no idea if there's someone behind him and it would actually be quite a difficult chance to execute, don't really see a whole lot wrong. He might have tried it but maybe he just didn't feel he could score.
    Diddums, poor Bendy had no idea who was behind him. Did you want Billy from Islington in row 2 to give him detailed reconnaissance or something? Its his JOB to LOOK at what the FOOK is happening. Ive seen 12 year old players grasp the concept of looking at the surroundings before the ball gets to him. What a ridiculous defence.