1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going by the comments here, 9 out of 10 people are of the opinion that Wenger needs to go. So why is there a difference between whats being said here and what the fans at the stadium say? Why is saying "Wenger Out" considered blasphemy at the stadium? Even when we lost 3-1 to Villa last season, the atmosphere was all against the board/Kroenke... very few were against Wenger.

Are people actually enjoying the football we play under Wenger? Is it that people think we will go back to our glory days under Wenger? I really do not understand Arsenal fans... surely it must hurt going into EVERY big game thinking we have a 1% chance to get a result. Paying the highest prices in world football to have only a realistic expectation of 4th is ridiculous!

I cannot see any reasonable argument for sticking with AW! Please do not bother saying "Who else"... thats like saying you wont leave your spouse even though she is cheating, because you are not sure you can find someone who can cook mashed potatoes as good as her!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Going by the comments here, 9 out of 10 people are of the opinion that Wenger needs to go. So why is there a difference between whats being said here and what the fans at the stadium say? Why is saying "Wenger Out" considered blasphemy at the stadium? Even when we lost 3-1 to Villa last season, the atmosphere was all against the board/Kroenke... very few were against Wenger.

Are people actually enjoying the football we play under Wenger? Is it that people think we will go back to our glory days under Wenger? I really do not understand Arsenal fans... surely it must hurt going into EVERY big game thinking we have a 1% chance to get a result. Paying the highest prices in world football to have only a realistic expectation of 4th is ridiculous!

I cannot see any reasonable argument for sticking with AW! Please do not bother saying "Who else"... thats like saying you wont leave your spouse even though she is cheating, because you are not sure you can find someone who can cook mashed potatoes as good as her!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Please do not bother saying "Who else"... thats like saying you wont leave your spouse even though she is cheating, because you are not sure you can find someone who can cook mashed potatoes as good as her!
    It is pretty much nothing like that.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate Mourinho, but, I loved the way he left his seat and headed down the tunnel. He fucked Wenger in his French nostril by dismissively leaving at the final whistle.

If Wenger had any bottle he would have got up early and postured towards Mourinho to shake his hand.

Wenger OUT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It is pretty much nothing like that.
    But it's close and you get the idea. Fear of the unknown is the reason why some want him to stay even though they know we certainly won't progress under him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not fear of the unknown, it's fear of the stupidity of the mob. People screaming Wenger out and abusing the guy are the ones who rightly get punched in the gob when they pipe up. Long may that continue. I don't think I've seen anyone here who wants Wenger to stay forever, I think virtually everyone has suggested he's struggling tactically and we'd be better off in terms of on-field results with a more clued up coach. But there's more to the job than that when it comes to Wenger's role, stuff that has developed over time and beyond the scope you will see in any other club. Wenger needs to be calmly eased out and replaced with the right man and in the right manner. It could have happened last year but who would really begrudge him the chance to use some of the millions he's banked for the club? If that means we have another 2-3 seasons hovering there or thereabouts while the club goes from strength to strength in preparation for the next guy then what's the big deal? It's not complacency or a lack of ambition, it's having an eye on a sustainable future at the top. We're still on course to do that. I doubt anyone believes the glory days will return under Wenger, but his final role might well be to leave the club in the right shape for his successor to come in and build a dynasty - if that's what we want, as opposed to a one-off, Liverpool style challenge.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    But it's close and you get the idea. Fear of the unknown is the reason why some want him to stay even though they know we certainly won't progress under him.
    It is nothing like that, when you go out of a relationship you go back to being single. We have to have a replacement for Wenger, the guy is entrenched in every area of the club rightly or wrongly (wrongly of course) and that's why the person who comes in needs to be someone who we can guarantee is capable of taking us forward or we are changing for changes sake.

The reason we haven't had the bad atmosphere in the crowds is because more often than not we tend to win games at the Emirates. The last time it turned sour was the home Game against Swansea. People don't pay 45 quid a ticket to boo or chant "Wenger out" because unless the team is being ridiculously outplayed its kind of counter productive.

Logically there is no reason why the board would sack Wenger so whatever we think of him it's wishful thinking

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It's not fear of the unknown, it's fear of the stupidity of the mob. People screaming Wenger out and abusing the guy are the ones who rightly get punched in the gob when they pipe up. Long may that continue. I don't think I've seen anyone here who wants Wenger to stay forever, I think virtually everyone has suggested he's struggling tactically and we'd be better off in terms of on-field results with a more clued up coach. But there's more to the job than that when it comes to Wenger's role, stuff that has developed over time and beyond the scope you will see in any other club. Wenger needs to be calmly eased out and replaced with the right man and in the right manner. It could have happened last year but who would really begrudge him the chance to use some of the millions he's banked for the club? If that means we have another 2-3 seasons hovering there or thereabouts while the club goes from strength to strength in preparation for the next guy then what's the big deal? It's not complacency or a lack of ambition, it's having an eye on a sustainable future at the top. We're still on course to do that. I doubt anyone believes the glory days will return under Wenger, but his final role might well be to leave the club in the right shape for his successor to come in and build a dynasty - if that's what we want, as opposed to a one-off, Liverpool style challenge.
    I totally agree