Page 154 of 263 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2627

Thread: Summer Transfer Misery 2017/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    You're inferring that the world of football journalism and it's even more sinister bastard child offspring of online, bite-sized social media hot-takes lacks any integrity and even less dignity?
    Agreed. There should be top top top dignity at all times as ravenous clubs and agents scuffle to pick at our carcass.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 years today since the 8-2 spanking at Old Trafford. Not a whole lot of change since then really, we even have a better squad now and we're somehow worse off. Terrible, terrible manager. You know some fans were actually pleased he stayed on?
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 28-08-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're inferring that the world of football journalism and it's even more sinister bastard child offspring of online, bite-sized social media hot-takes lacks any integrity and even less dignity?
    I guess I am.

And to top it off, 'Sky Sources' have appeared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources cannot confirm whether they can confirm that the confirmation has occurred regarding the confirmed moon landing that may or may not be currently in the process of confirmation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BREAKING NEWS: Sky Sources cannot confirm whether they can confirm that the confirmation has occurred regarding the confirmed moon landing that may or may not be currently in the process of confirmation.
    Moon landing was fake!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DT's AFTV rant from yesterday is about to reach a million views.

At least someone is benefiting from our misery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awful season last season followed by an awful summer with one lucky signing (Lacazette was only signed because Athletico were on a transfer ban, if not for that he wouldn't be here, the freebie was signed in Jan apparently), awful start to the new season, seemingly only interested in selling players, Gabriel, Mustafi, Ozil, Ox, Sanchez potentially all off and not even able to get rid of those we needed to get rid of, Gibbs, Debuchy, Wilshere, Walcott, Welbeck etc etc this is a disaster, Wenger is destroying this club.
    Last edited by Özim; 28-08-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Moon landing was fake!
    So was Ozil's purported football acumen!

Boom Boom. Tbfh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    That article seems to suggest very much that Wenger established a personal relationship with Kroenke. I'm sure Kroenke very much admired his achievements prior to becoming majority share holder but it also helps when your de facto boss is about as proactive as a monitor lizard.

And even if you're right about the chief executive being an ornamental position, that rather makes it even more plain that Gazidis should not be part of the post Wenger restructuring. If he's taken the job knowing that he will be chief executive in name only and more than happy to be in a job eight years without wielding any influence, what on earth makes you think he's suddenly going to be any good for us when Wenger goes.

If he knew he was ornamental and had no power it kind of makes him doubly stupid for coming out the way he did about the catalyst for change. That either he was spinning or was too stupid to see that Wenger would go above his head no matter what he tried to do.

No matter how you try and frame the Kroenke-Wenger dynamic, I can't see how Gazidis comes out of this looking like anything but a clown.
    Admired his achievements? That's an understatement.
    You know something,” he says. “Arsčne is one of my favourite people I have met in the last 20 years. He is a great person and I love the way he handles himself. I love his focus. He is a very intelligent guy. You can talk to him about anything and, when he starts talking to people, I really love to listen to him. He should hold seminars he is so good at it.
    "I have tremendous confidence in him. He is one of the great managers in the world.” So could Wenger, under such scrutiny of late, go on to match Sir Alex Ferguson and potentially manage at Arsenal for another decade? Kroenke’s endorsement could hardly be more emphatic.

“With Arsčne, it’s his decision and only he will know that,” he says.
    “He still maintains himself in tremendous physical shape. You have to have stamina and energy. It’s an energy business. You are coaching, training, travelling and in stadiums packed with pressure. It’s almost like you are training like an athlete. Arsčne has great energy and that will always be his decision.” Kroenke then reveals that he has been admiring Arsenal from afar for more than a decade.

“I have always been aware of Arsenal,” he says. “I would say it was about 10 or 12 years ago that I really started following Arsenal. I followed very closely the season when Arsenal went unbeaten. It was unbelievable. I went over to see several games when *Thierry Henry was still there.”
    Kroenke also discloses a conversation involving Billy Beane, the famous baseball coach whose life story is the subject of bestselling book Moneyball and a new Hollywood film in which Brad Pitt plays the lead role.
    “Billy Beane is a very famous guy in America,” Kroenke says. “And do you know who his idol is? Arsčne Wenger. No kidding. You know why? His ability to spend money and extract value. That is what it is all about to be successful in pro sports.
    “If you can do that better than other people, you are always going to be pretty good. Billy Beane’s idol is Arsčne Wenger. Check it out.”
    So Stan is on recording saying he's admired Wenger from afar for more than a decade (article written in 2011), Gazidis joined us in 2009, has no relationship with Stan and at a time where Wenger is considered god around the club because he built the stadium with his bare hands, you honestly think being more 'proactive' could somehow influenced Kroenke more than our golden goose Wenger? You can't be that daft, can you? It's take over a decade just to convince most of the people on GW that Wenger is the root cause of the problem and we follow Arsenal daily. Gazidis looks like a clown but does anyone really care? Everyone involved with the club is part of this circus act.

Also, I don't actually put much stock in the chief executive job. In modern football, I hear more about the relationship between the owners and the manager. If we actually had a good manager, we wouldn't even care who about the staff around the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So was Ozil's purported football acumen!

Boom Boom. Tbfh.
    You are very close to hurting my feelings with your racist micro-agressions.
    Für eure Sicherheit