User Tag List

Page 201 of 956 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301701 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 9555

Thread: Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Coney..it's not always as plain sailing as that and you know it. Take the Phil Jones transfer saga as an example.

I think he (Mata) would chose us over Liverpool due to the lure of PL, but I'm not so sure he'd chose us over Citeh.
    Sure, but I don't expect that kind of complication in this case. It depends on who is making the decision. Some businessmen buying into clubs don't play the game as expected but those a long time in the game tend to be more 'reliable'. Anyway, if it is really that close that the bid has been verbally accepted, then I'd expect the Arsenal lawyers/whatever to be over there getting pen onto papers to nail it down. We also will want it concrete asap because that will make a difference to who else we want to sell or buy and we need to know that quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    According to SSN our 18mill bid for Mata has been accepted.
    Whaaaaaaaaat?

Were they just rehashing the Daily Mail's story or was it something more official?

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaat?

Were they just rehashing the Daily Mail's story or was it something more official?
    There is nothing concrete anywhere other than the DM piece which says we've made a bid of £18m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah right. Guess they were just going through the rumour mill then.

AKB should be banned tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last month Croatia U-21 played Spain U-21 and Mata was most wanted player after the match to give an interview. He showed last from dressing rooms and hold Giggs shirt in his hands. Reporters that were there asked him about Giggs,and he stated that he looked up to Giggsy ever since the started to play football and takes him as his own role-model. When asked what he thinks about succeeding Giggs at United,he responded that it would be dream come true,but he's still no where near Giggs class so don't think that move will come so quick.
    Taken from Redcafe. If it's true, and Manure make a bid, I'd say we have a slim hope of signing him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    Give what a rest? I see people banging on day after day based on nothing but rumour and speculation and I should just accept it? Why don't you ask them to give it a rest?

Banging on because regardless of this window in the past Wenger does feckall. Thats a fact and that cannot be disputed. Your saying keep positive about what COULD happen but again in the past nothing generally does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Ah right. Guess they were just going through the rumour mill then.

AKB should be banned tbh.
    Football forum user in bullshit shocker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GB
    At least they are posting about something, even if it is a rumour. You just decided to have a dig while saying absolutely nothing of substance or conjecture.
    Are you new here?
    Yeah. That's a bit odd tbf.

I guess opinions of what constitutes substance differ.

I think the board would be quite dry without all the bitchfighting, and the limp retarded mongolism.

Just my pennorth worth like.

(I wasn't calling you a limp retard mongol btw Coney)
    Last edited by Fist of Lehmann; 27-06-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Mongolism clarification

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...oin-arsenal.do

Arsenal are this week expected to complete a double swoop for Bolton defender Gary Cahill and Lille forward Gervinho in deals that will total nearly £30million.
    Talks are at an advanced stage with the Gunners thought to be ready to meet the 25-year-old's £17m release clause, although a player-plus-cash offer is also thought to have been discussed.
    An Arsenal source today told Standard Sport that the club are confident of beating Manchester City and Tottenham to land the England centre-back.
    It had appeared City were set to win the race for his signature but Cahill is thought to be uncertain he would be guaranteed regular first-team football at City and is instead keen on a move to Emirates Stadium.
    The club are also close to an agreement for Gervinho after Lille demanded more money at the 11th hour. Arsenal thought they had agreed a £10.5m fee but the French club insisted on add-ons to bring the deal to £14m. The Gunners have now bid £12m.
    Not sure what to make of the Cahill story, would we really pay 17mill (Club Record) for a CB who has a year left on his contract? I highly doubt it but ES seem to think we're close to signing him.

The Gervinho story seems pretty accurate though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember a couple of months ago, Guillem Balague who pretty much knows it all when it comes to Spanis football saying that Valencia would sell Mata because they need the money so its first come first serve.

You can count us out then