User Tag List

Page 2148 of 3255 FirstFirst ... 114816482048209821382146214721482149215021582198224826483148 ... LastLast
Results 21,471 to 21,480 of 32543

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    It's a balancing act for the GOP, at the moment they are clutching on his coat tails but they know full well that anything he does reflects on them in the mid terms (even though they are in the position potentially to strengthen their majority in the senate as democrats will have to spend most of their money defending seats in 2018).

On the other hand The GOP base is on Trumps side, so although the leadership is anti Russian and anti Putin the grassroots are not and they have to be careful how they play it especially if they have to face primary challenges.
    I think the scales are starting to tip. They'll use this as an opportunity and what a better way then to paint him as a traitor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I think the scales are starting to tip. They'll use this as an opportunity and what a better way then to paint him as a traitor.
    I don't know, I think they need him more than he needs them.....this presents an opportunity to shift the political balance in America to one both fiscally and socially conservative, rolling back the state, changing the balance on the Supreme Court and lowering tax on the top earners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know, I think they need him more than he needs them.....this presents an opportunity to shift the political balance in America to one both fiscally and socially conservative, rolling back the state, changing the balance on the Supreme Court and lowering tax on the top earners.
    Hence why they will look to change that balance of power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Trump is just a front man, a vehicle. A wedge driven into an otherwise sealed environment. Half the people are somehow content with the shit that has been going on since the 70s where it became shameless and more overt. Half the people have had enough of it. To a lesser degree the same can be said for the UK, and most of the countries in Europe. The elite became too comfortable and complacent and now, if there's any justice, they'll pay the high price that goes along with failure in such a high stakes game. History repeating - we should all hope.

Obama failed to disarm America. That's going to make all the difference. The nationalists told everyone all along why they wanted their guns. Now we can see they were telling the truth. You can't beat 100 million determined and armed people. All you can do is trick them, lie to them, misdirect them. This has worked for years but it's not working now. If anything happens to Trump then the next guy will fill his space, and they guy behind him.
    I've always said he's just a front man and nothing will change.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Hence why they will look to change that balance of power.
    I'm not convinced, even if the Republicans turn on him anything that damages Trump damages them....Trump won't care if he's impeached so in that sense they have far less leverage over him than you might imagine. If Trump is a front man, it's certainly not for the leadership of the Republican party.

For the foreseeable future, they are going to have what I call a quid pro quo alliance in which they will work together when Trump's agenda and theirs coincides, will look to compromise on areas where they don't agree....in many respects it will be similar in nature to the coalition government we had over here.

But the Republicans will very much be the Lib Dems in this relationship

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...l-donald-trump

Someone has to tell him to stop tweeting. We'll see how the pieces fall on this one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe in the run up to the election he was instructed to stop tweeting by his campaign team
    It's a bit worrying that we have a US President who is so thin-skinned and unable to exhibit basic self control.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I believe in the run up to the election he was instructed to stop tweeting by his campaign team
    It's a bit worrying that we have a US President who is so thin-skinned and unable to exhibit basic self control.
    I think there are probably past presidents who might have appeared similar to Trump had they had access to social media during their lives

Johnson and Nixon, well you just have to listen to the tapes to know what types of characters those two were. Although Nixon i can't imagine would have wanted to be so public with his feelings given how paranoid he was.

TR might have had a lot of fun with Twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not convinced, even if the Republicans turn on him anything that damages Trump damages them....Trump won't care if he's impeached so in that sense they have far less leverage over him than you might imagine. If Trump is a front man, it's certainly not for the leadership of the Republican party.

For the foreseeable future, they are going to have what I call a quid pro quo alliance in which they will work together when Trump's agenda and theirs coincides, will look to compromise on areas where they don't agree....in many respects it will be similar in nature to the coalition government we had over here.

But the Republicans will very much be the Lib Dems in this relationship
    Do you really want all this to carry on as business as usual? Do you want alliances to be formed, for compromises to be made, for the same old shit to find its level? I don't.

This is the first chance in our lifetimes where action now can rebalance the relationship between the people and the corrupted state. Trump is ideal in this respect. He has no political background, in terms of what the vermin in Washington would consider political at least. He has no political ambitions, he's a pure populist. The more he bends to the daily routine of Washington the less he accomplishes. The more he spits in their face and uses the undeniable surge of support behind him the more cracks he'll be able to make in the establishment edifice.

People really need to snap out of it and take a first look at what government really is. Look at it with fresh eyes and wonder at what an irredeemable abomination it has become. Either it persists and human progress cannot advance, or (if it can't be smashed in its entirety) it is turned down a few notches on the power dial. People seem to be hopelessly hypnotised by government. They seem to genuinely feel it serves a beneficial purpose. But look at it with honest eyes, just once. Honest eyes, not pre-propagandised blinkers.

The very last thing we want to see is a compromise here. The establishment has shown us what its version of compromise is anyway. Race war, global brinksmanship, censorship, curtailment of civil liberties, invasion of privacy, and the huge sack of corruption that goes along with it. And nobody wants to mention the horrendous child abuse. This is government. Look at it.
    Für eure Sicherheit