User Tag List

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Match Reaction v Bayern

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Reminds me of the 20 years I put in when we again weren't winning anything and the stadium wasn't quite so glittery. Only difference was there was football being played back then. I'll retain the right to have a well earned opinion but I'll certainly let you know if that changes.
    don't get all touchy about it, i'm pretty sure i didn't mention your right to an opinion. we're all guilty of it on here, that wasn't a personal attack. but we'd do well to take a look at the guys who travelled over there on the night, sang their hearts out and gave far more than a 'meh' response. i've no interest in dropping to levels of who is or isn't a true gooner because that is pretty pathetic. but when we watch the games from our safe pods at home it wouldn't hurt focusing a little more on the guys who commit a large chunk of their lives following the team here, there and everywhere and recalling how actually making those commitments, which is far more than turning on a TV/PC, compares to how much we take from the games. we can all chat bollocks on here all day long but the regulars at any football stadium, the guys that help pay the wages of those fuckers, in my eyes get the seniority when it comes to real feedback.
    Last edited by Kano; 16-03-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    don't get all touchy about it, i'm pretty sure i didn't mention your right to an opinion. we're all guilty of it on here, that wasn't a personal attack. but we'd do well to take a look at the guys who travelled over there on the night, sang their hearts out and gave far more than a 'meh' response. i've no interest in dropping to levels of who is or isn't a true gooner because that is pretty pathetic. but when we watch the games from our safe pods at home it wouldn't hurt focusing a little more on the guys who commit a large chunk of their lives following the team here, there and everywhere and recalling how actually making those commitments, which is far more than turning on a TV/PC, compares to how much we take from the games.
    Fair enough.

Just reached the stage where this team doesn't engage me in any conceivable way. After an endless stream of failure, for want of a bit of investment, for want of a bit of heart, for want of a manager dismounting his high horse, hearing anything about the glory of yet another failure just grinds. That was a great chance to get it right just once, to put a bit of spark back in an otherwise dead club. Blown. So I guess either say let's wait and see what happens next time (we already know of course) or fuck it, everything has limits. Thinking back on those 20 years we didn't exactly set the world on fire but there was never the thought you weren't part of things. The club seems alien now and that doesn't help at all when mediocrity sets in. If we're not all in it together then we're not all in it together. Hats off to those fans who are still making the trek and hoping for better days. But they are hoping alone because the club plainly has different ambitions.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Fair enough.

Just reached the stage where this team doesn't engage me in any conceivable way. After an endless stream of failure, for want of a bit of investment, for want of a bit of heart, for want of a manager dismounting his high horse, hearing anything about the glory of yet another failure just grinds. That was a great chance to get it right just once, to put a bit of spark back in an otherwise dead club. Blown. So I guess either say let's wait and see what happens next time (we already know of course) or fuck it, everything has limits. Thinking back on those 20 years we didn't exactly set the world on fire but there was never the thought you weren't part of things. The club seems alien now and that doesn't help at all when mediocrity sets in. If we're not all in it together then we're not all in it together. Hats off to those fans who are still making the trek and hoping for better days. But they are hoping alone because the club plainly has different ambitions.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Fair enough in terms of the way we defended, though on another day, they could and should have had a few themselves. Don't forget they were also short of three world class players.

I'm not necessarliy criticising the game itself, but in the whole context, it is pointless to herald the team for what will surely be another false dawn.

Why do they deserve my praise? They'll get it if they start putting that kind of effort in consistently. I've always said, as long as they try, I'm behind them. But doing it once we've already been pasted isn't good enough.

Bloody hell. I must have been depressed.

ZD had set in fully

What a turn around since.

Arsenal
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Bloody hell. I must have been depressed.

ZD had set in fully

What a turn around since.

Arsenal
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.