User Tag List

Page 23 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ole The Muppet and other Manc sh!t

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brazilian side Santos have rubbished reports suggesting that Manchester United tabled a big-money bid for Neymar on transfer deadline day.

It has been suggested that the Premier League outfit put a £38million offer to Santos prior to the summer window slamming shut.

Having missed out on Neymar's countryman Lucas Moura to Paris St Germain, Sir Alex Ferguson reportedly turned his attention to a player who has attracted interest from Europe's biggest clubs.

The 20-year-old Samba sensation has long been linked with a switch to Spain, with Primera Liga giants Real Madrid and Barcelona prepared to battle it out for his signature.

United were understood to be hoping a late swoop would see their efforts pass under the radar, allowing them to wrap up a deal before rival clubs could offer a response.
    Not true

Santos, though, insist they were never contacted by United.

The South American outfit have always maintained that they are happy for Neymar to remain in his homeland for as long as he wants, and he has offered no indication that he is looking to move on.

On the bid rumours, Santos' football director Felipe Faro told Globo Esporte: "I have no idea where that came from, but it's not true."

Neymar's father, Neymar Santos, has also sought to distance his son from the reports.

He said, with tongue firmly in cheek: "Neymar was sold two years ago but we are still here."
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...bid-for-Neymar

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manchester United forward Shinji Kagawa was taken off at half-time of Japan's friendly with United Arab Emirates after annoying coach Alberto Zaccheroni with one too many stepovers, the last of which left the 22-year-old in a heap as he tripped over his own feet.
    Full story: Independent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post

Quincy
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    I know its only 3 games in, but i have not really been impressed with him tbh.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He doesn't have a midfield that will provide much help. At Dortmund they had a lot more quality in that area, Man Utd suck the big one in that area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'd work well with Berbatov.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    He doesn't have a midfield that will provide much help. At Dortmund they had a lot more quality in that area, Man Utd suck the big one in that area.
    They have Ahmed Johnson at least.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robin van Persie says it is a 'special' feeling being one of the only players to have worked under both Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger.

Just a handful of players have featured for both Manchester United and rivals Arsenal over the course of their careers, while Holland international Van Persie and former France defender Mikael Silvestre are the only two to play under both managers.

The United striker, who left the Gunners for Old Trafford over the summer, has good memories of all of the coaches he has worked under, but says the experience of having been managed by both Ferguson and Wenger is particularly special.

"I have had special coaches all in their own way," he told OnsOranje, the official fanclub of the Dutch FA"(Bert) van Marwijk, Wenger, (Marco) van Basten, Ferguson. Piece by piece they are special."I think I have been (one of) the only players ever who has worked under Wenger and Ferguson. That's special."

Van Persie has announced himself at Old Trafford with four goals in his first three games but berated himself for his penalty miss against Southampton last time out.

However, the striker went on to redeem himself with two more strikes after that blunder to win the game and feels his response was a sign of his maturity as a player.
    Disappointments

"A career won't be always a bed of roses. You have disappointments," he said.

"Look at my missed penalty kick against Southampton last Sunday. That is what you call a disappointment.

"Taking a penalty kick in that way when you are 2-1 behind. That's just bad.

"I couldn't explain it, not even to myself. And what you do next? Do you stay disappointed? Or are you going to hunt, and get over it?

"In the game I put it behind me, thankfully. Many people can get swept up after something like that. It's happened to me (before) and it's all over then.

"Someone who is 18 years old wouldn't score two times after it. I wouldn't have done a couple of years ago.

"You have to be lucky, but you also have to force it."
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-Arsene-Wenger