User Tag List

Page 2851 of 3213 FirstFirst ... 1851235127512801284128492850285128522853286129012951 ... LastLast
Results 28,501 to 28,510 of 32121

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You believe that a bearded man in the sky created everything you can see...say 4 billion years ago. But he has been resting on his laurels since....Ok
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    But my point above, which you have offered no counter argument to, is that the actual truth about this is unknown and unknowable.
    So you have proof that the "actual truth about this is unknowable"? I grant that the truth is currently unknown but you will have to go some to prove it is unknowable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    So you have proof that the "actual truth about this is unknowable"? I grant that the truth is currently unknown but you will have to go some to prove it is unknowable.
    Unknowable is more of a gut feel. I’m basing on the sheer distances involved which I’d suggest would make communication impractical, let alone visiting. If Einstein was right about c being a universal speed limit.

But it’s fair to say that our own exploration of space is relatively new, study of exoplanets is in its infancy. So sure, we can’t know what will be discovered in the next 100 years, let alone the next thousand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    You believe that a bearded man in the sky created everything you can see...say 4 billion years ago. But he has been resting on his laurels since....Ok
    Well. I don’t believe He is in the sky. Or has a beard. But apart from that...
    The Bible has nothing to say about this. It neither mentions life elsewhere or rules it out and I’m not sure we’d expect it to.

It’s certainly possible that the mechanisms which led to life here have led to life elsewhere. But what we don’t know is how likely it is that a planet has the right conditions on it for that to happen. And we still don’t really understand how life started here. So we don’t know if if was a ridiculous fluke (one which might even be said to be good evidence of a creator) or whether given the right conditions on a planet it is all but inevitable.

If we discovered good evidence that life did once exist on Mars then that would indicate that life can arise quite easily. Otherwise we don’t have that much to go on. Although I did hear recently that they think some of the exoplanets being studied have organic molecules in their atmosphere

https://www.esa.int/Science_Explorat...rasolar_planet

It’s still a bit of a leap from there to actual civilisations elsewhere. It’s certainly possible but whether they’d be close enough to be discoverable or visit us if they had the technology to. My gut feel is it’s unlikely. Entirely possible I’m wrong and it would be one of the most significant events in human history if it happened.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other news, Melinda Gates is single

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56975466

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She could buy Arsenal.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill and Melinda splitting up - this HAS to be a conspiracy!!!

did Melinda find out Bill was really a lizard?

did he get fed up of her wearing a tin foil hat in bed??

were they both responsible for faking the moon landings???

is Bill really 'H'????

we deserve to be told!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As always, NewsThump is on the case

https://newsthump.com/2021/05/04/bil...veillance-lab/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    As always, NewsThump is on the case

https://newsthump.com/2021/05/04/bil...veillance-lab/

this is good too - https://newsthump.com/2021/05/03/blo...-says-britain/

much as i was happy Kelly McDonald's character endeed up ok, someone should have woken up to how ridiculously idyllic that was all made to look - they really jumped the shark there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Bill and Melinda splitting up - this HAS to be a conspiracy!!!

did Melinda find out Bill was really a lizard?

did he get fed up of her wearing a tin foil hat in bed??

were they both responsible for faking the moon landings???

is Bill really 'H'????

we deserve to be told!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Melinda got tired of waiting for Bill to collect all 6 Infinity stones. He has been stringing her along all these years. She is going to move on to the next psycopath. Maybe Letters will get his chance now
    Make 2mrw better than 2day