User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will we finish in the top 4?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 71.79%
  • No

11 28.21%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Will We Finish Top 4

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little bit yes. Probably third tbf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having looked at Chelsea's run-in, I have to say they'll do very well to finish in the top 4 now. They play Fulham, Liverpool and United all away, and also have Spurs at home amongst that.

Spurs are worth keeping an eye on for the time being though, they're capable of raising their game at home and beating City.

Tomorrow is a huge game really. Lets hope we can get the points and consolidate our position so we don't need to worry about what happens elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One defeat and this fragile bunch of fucks could plummet.

We should get top 4 now but I think it'll go down to final day. If we get to the final day with it in our own hands then that's about all you can ask for.

Everton will be difficult. The fact that they need a win might help us because usually they don't play at all at our place and just hope for a draw. Their tactics will be to play for a 0-0 until the 85th minute and then they'll go for it.

Fulham have Chavs in midweek and a small squad but are always a difficult team to play away from home.

QPR should be relegated by the time we play them - I'm not sure if that makes them easier or not?

We'll lose to Man U.

Wigan will have just lost the cup final and we'll be playing them a few days after so they should be fucked.

Newcastle away is never easy. You'd want to have 4th secured by then ideally.

Chelsea have the hardest fixtures on paper. Ours look slightly kinder than Spurs'.

If we win our next two games we'll put serious pressure on Chavs and Spuds that's for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Reason? We don't have a world class stiker.

Can't vote yes, and I can't vote no.

Gonna sit on the fence
    Neither do Spurs or Chelsea though. Only the top two teams have world class strikers and that's why they're the top two and the rest of us are fannying around for 3rd/4th place.

I can't bring myself to vote 'yes' either as I don't want to jinx it!

One thing I am confident about though is if Bale doesn't come back with all guns blazing then they're out of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We didn't have a world-class striker when we had an awlful run of form at the end of last season either.

RVP had already transformed into RVC and his mind was solely on hugging Fergie in the dugout.

Despite their heavy defeat tomorrow, I hope Neverton recover from the trauma and get the other CL place along with us. Would be awlsome.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes

Still a shocking season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It's looking more likely now than it was 6 weeks ago and we're arguably the favourites as well, so yeah I reckon we'll do it but there are still some tricky games to get through.

Whatever happens this has been another bitterly disappointing season.
    Yep, what kind of worries me if we do finish 3rd or 4th is the spin Wenger will come out with about this season being a success which probably translates to him feeling no need to strengthen the squad.

This season has been a disaster irrespective of whether we finish 3rd or 5th and MAJOR changes are needed in the summer IMHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yep, what kind of worries me if we do finish 3rd or 4th is the spin Wenger will come out with about this season being a success which probably translates to him feeling no need to strengthen the squad.

This season has been a disaster irrespective of whether we finish 3rd or 5th and MAJOR changes are needed in the summer IMHO.
    Wenger does not consider 4th place a success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    Wenger does not consider 4th place a success.
    GP, are you for real? Over the past few years I get the impression Wenger talks as if PL starts outside of the Big 3 because they are at an advantage due to the "financial doping" blah blah

What is clear is the team isn't and hasn't moved forward for a good few years now and the only way for us to improve is to spend and spend wisely. I'm not talking about "hollywood" signings, but a couple of 15-20million pound signings on established quality in the right positions is the bare minimum. For me, the first team needs upgrading in 3 positions, GK, Central Midfield and Striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of our remaining games, there is only one prediction I'd bet the mortgage on - losing against United. The rest I wouldn;t touch with a bargepole.

That said, I beleive we will finish 3rd. And like TT, I never would have had us finishing there at any point in the season until now.