1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Guy Fawkes has some good ideas...
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This shitshow has a long way to run. It’s probably in his best interest that it takes place prior to the by-election.

That the outcome will be in nobody else’s best interest doesn’t matter to Boris.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll clearly win the vote, and that means there can't be a leadership challenge for a year.
    There are other ways he could be forced to resign but he's a bloody limpet, I wouldn't bet on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    He'll clearly win the vote, and that means there can't be a leadership challenge for a year.
    There are other ways he could be forced to resign but he's a bloody limpet, I wouldn't bet on it.
    Yes and no. Technically Theresa may was safe for a year but htey were going to change the rules to vote her out again (but she resigned before). If the party wants him gone, they’ll change teh rules.

I think hell win the vote tonight but it’ll be closer then people think. It’s a secret ballot so while in theory he should get 140 votes from those MPs who are ministers etc, its easy for them to say in public they have confidence knowing a secret ballot will protect them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole one year grace period is a technicality, the rules are amendable and it has no standing in reality.

We are less than two hours away from the VONC and Johnson has shored up less than a third of the parliamentary party who will definitely vote for him (and as it’s a secret ballot it really doesn’t mean a lot)

Johnson will win only because there is no obvious person to replace him and he’s just about managing to keep a very fractured coalition together (Tory parliamentary party is made up of so many factions with competing interests). But no matter how much he spins it, things aren’t going to get better for him….the people with no confidence in him aren’t going to suddenly regain it and with likely by election defeats and an economy poised to enter stagflation by next year there is no silver lining round the corner.
    Whilst Labour are completely fucking useless, they are likely to form an unspoken pact with the Liberal Democrats to not get in each other’s way in certain seats in a hypothetical general election to the point where it’s likely that they will form a coalition to get rid of the Conservatives at the next election.
    I don’t especially think this is a good thing because Labour/Lib Dems are completely saturated with social justice nonsense and if they have any kind of vision for the future they are keeping it to themselves. But the Tories have long ago lost any direction….we have a pretty shoddy political class full of mediocre entities and it’s why I have voted once in the last five years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Yes and no. Technically Theresa may was safe for a year but htey were going to change the rules to vote her out again (but she resigned before). If the party wants him gone, they’ll change teh rules.

I think hell win the vote tonight but it’ll be closer then people think. It’s a secret ballot so while in theory he should get 140 votes from those MPs who are ministers etc, its easy for them to say in public they have confidence knowing a secret ballot will protect them.
    What's the mechanism to change the rules? Is it a majority vote?

In that case, why wouldn't the same MPs who vote in Johnson's favour tonight just vote not to change the rules?
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting