User Tag List

Page 490 of 1060 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491492500540590990 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,900 of 10599

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Don't start with the 'this is your problem' talk. Make a stronger case or clarify your position. If we're talking in the realms of business, what your saying doesn't make any sense at all.
    I thought his position - particularly the point in relation to understanding why people don't want to play to the corporate agenda was crystal clear. In fact NQ's entire posting history pretty much supports not parting with money to support a corporate agenda that is almost completely unaligned to the interests of supporters of a football club.

To reach the conclusion you arrived at is baffling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jens' Face woz rite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    I thought his position - particularly the point in relation to understanding why people don't want to play to the corporate agenda was crystal clear. In fact NQ's entire posting history pretty much supports not parting with money to support a corporate agenda that is almost completely unaligned to the interests of supporters of a football club.

To reach the conclusion you arrived at is baffling.
    Good for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I'm struggling to understand what point of mine that actually answers, yes of course big companies don't act in the interest of their customers and are about maximising profit......but firstly as i've said the best way to actually do that is to make your product sellable (in this instance a football club, and corporate sponsorship and business deals are going to be more forthcoming with success).
    Stan Kroenke won't actually gain any dividends from us withholding transfer money, he surely is only going to make a profit from the club increasing it's share value.....and this is going to happen with better commerical deals which come as a result of on the field success.
    But the better commercial deals are on the table now and they haven't been linked to success on the field at all, unless the constant 4th place finishes are viewed as success in the business world. Undoubtedly they are and this is where the huge disconnect with the fans exists. And the share price has the potential to rocket to looney levels with Usmanov already overbidding for every share he can get. The fact is, if you look at it from a business angle Arsenal is a tremendous success, the model example. They've managed to do all this without paying a blind bit of attention to the fans asking where the quality has gone or criticising the lack of ambition. I'm saying as long as we continue to look at this as fans (which is of course understandable) we probably don't get close to what the agenda of the club actually is because we're not looking in the same places.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Don't start with the 'this is your problem' talk. Make a stronger case or clarify your position. If we're talking in the realms of business, what your saying doesn't make any sense at all.
    Seriously though, I have made the case so many times it even bores the shit out of me. You want me to clarify and strength something you refuse to acknowledge exists. What's the point of that?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt it...Bendtner's personality bordens on Clinical Narcassicism....unrelenting self-love. Bendtner won't see what has happened to him as his faullt, he will see this as standing up for the wages he deserves despite his obvious genius going unrecognised. Still though top marks for Bernd Schuster for saying what he did.
    He said that in an interview recently. Everyone who doesn't see it (precisely) his way is a "hater". The guy should be in care.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I actually think the amount we make in commerical revenue is quite paltry compared to what we could get, unless your saying the Board is greedy but they are not that greedy.
    I think you'd also have to use a magic wand to explain away the wage bill before what your suggesting makes sense.
    i think we have made two major deals commerically in the last 6-12 months....one is the re-negotiation for the Emirates stadium naming rights, the other is the spoken about in hushed tones kit deal we might have with Puma from 2014 onwards....other than that our marketing strategy has been extremely limited....it wasn't until two years ago that the board put it's foot down with Wenger and told him he had to start taking the squad to Asia on pre-season tours because we were missing out on the potential cash cow over there.
    And you think about the profit we have generated it's largely been through player sales....i discussed this with a friend the other day.....i can't think of a season in the last ten years where our outlays were in excess of the money we generated on selling our players. I don't really see that as a genius business model it's like a billionaire industrialist in china only turning a profit by selling twenty percent of his factories every year....which would be fine if you were a asset stripping venture capitalist....but these people seem to be here for the long haul.
    And for Arsenal this form of profit generation is rather short-termist because you would agree i think that we don't exactly have that much on offer left to keep the money coming in.
    All in all i think your giving the board and people like Gazidis a credit for something they don't deserve, the board in itself are very conservative and are adverse to any risk taking of any kind and i think this has hamstrung them because if they were in it to make money (which is not in itself a bad thing) they would be doing much more than they are currently to make us a global brand which we are not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our commercial deals were so poor to the point where if we didn't sell our best players we wouldn't actually make much of a profit at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Our commercial deals were so poor to the point where if we didn't sell our best players we wouldn't actually make much of a profit at all.
    And that was the hidden asset value in the club that attracted the likes of Kroenke. He's not here for the long term. Get in, get out. That's what this guy is all about.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually think the amount we make in commerical revenue is quite paltry compared to what we could get, unless your saying the Board is greedy but they are not that greedy.
    I think you'd also have to use a magic wand to explain away the wage bill before what your suggesting makes sense.
    i think we have made two major deals commerically in the last 6-12 months....one is the re-negotiation for the Emirates stadium naming rights, the other is the spoken about in hushed tones kit deal we might have with Puma from 2014 onwards....other than that our marketing strategy has been extremely limited....it wasn't until two years ago that the board put it's foot down with Wenger and told him he had to start taking the squad to Asia on pre-season tours because we were missing out on the potential cash cow over there.
    And you think about the profit we have generated it's largely been through player sales....i discussed this with a friend the other day.....i can't think of a season in the last ten years where our outlays were in excess of the money we generated on selling our players. I don't really see that as a genius business model it's like a billionaire industrialist in china only turning a profit by selling twenty percent of his factories every year....which would be fine if you were a asset stripping venture capitalist....but these people seem to be here for the long haul.
    And for Arsenal this form of profit generation is rather short-termist because you would agree i think that we don't exactly have that much on offer left to keep the money coming in.
    All in all i think your giving the board and people like Gazidis a credit for something they don't deserve, the board in itself are very conservative and are adverse to any risk taking of any kind and i think this has hamstrung them because if they were in it to make money (which is not in itself a bad thing) they would be doing much more than they are currently to make us a global brand which we are not.
    Yes, I agree with you. This is definitely short termism, absolutely no doubt about that. The possibility of short term takings is a huge bonus for investors. I mean Kroenke has gone way beyond having to plan for his retirement, right? It was the fucked up state of the commercials that had been put in place by people absolutely desperate to drive the share price and then cash out that likely attracted the Kroenke shark in the first place. Somewhere along the line our previous shareholders had a dramatic change in philosophy, I'm betting after DHW died and that utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, utter, **** PHW took over. I think that's when they realised they could cash in on the new money laden, mega TV deal version of football (the version we don't really recognise) and turn their £7.52 investment into a £500mill cash out. And I think everything that has been done at this club since then was in line with that agenda and I also think a repeat performance is playing out as we speak.

To see it I think you have to set aside being a fan for a moment and look at it from a business point of view. The fucked up commercials were gold dust in reality. What;s the whole point of corporate investment? Buy low sell high. That's Arsenal in a nutshell. And you've spotted the short term nature of the deal. Yes, of course, the club has to die once all the profit taking has concluded.
    Für eure Sicherheit