User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 16 straight seasons in the champions league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ljungberg was first class that night.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    Ljungberg was first class that night.
    Yes he was.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbf the chance Henry had in the first few minutes, you can forgive him for not scoring that.

The 2nd one, through one on one with Valdes, a position he had scored from for us fuck knows how many times for him to then only pass back to Valdes was shocking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didnt Wenger change the wining team for the final in the champs league by replacing an in form Reyes, with an out of form Pires?

I'm not one to bash him, but he does make a lot of tactical mistakes. Debateable how much it costs us - is it his inepitude or the teams or both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -Xs- View Post
    Didnt Wenger change the wining team for the final in the champs league by replacing an in form Reyes, with an out of form Pires?

I'm not one to bash him, but he does make a lot of tactical mistakes. Debateable how much it costs us - is it his inepitude or the teams or both.
    No it was Cashley that got put it for Flamini.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -Xs- View Post

Yup he sure did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    No it was Cashley that got put it for Flamini.
    yep
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Freddie missed some good chances, despite his running.

We created more that night than we have against Barcelona since.
    I thought we did a decent job with the 10 men. Defended for our lives and still had attacking outlets to give Barca some scares. Chelsea's approach today from the start, with 11 men, was just to park the bus, and then create a spammy goal out of nothing. And it worked
    Last edited by Tipsychubbs; 20-05-2012 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Henry missed that late chance cos he was completely knackered. He had been playing upfront on his own and, as we had ten men, it was tought out there. I was sitting right close to where he got that ball near the end. He could hardly walk . If that ball had come to him in the first hour he would have put it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Tbf the chance Henry had in the first few minutes, you can forgive him for not scoring that.

The 2nd one, through one on one with Valdes, a position he had scored from for us fuck knows how many times for him to then only pass back to Valdes was shocking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Chelsea were shit tonight - arguably the worst team for ages to win the Champions League. All they did was defend as they did against Barca. Having said that, I felt we were totally outplayed in a similiar way by Barca in the final . I was there and always felt the Barca goals would come. The difference between the two matches is that we had ten men for virtually all of the game whilst Chelsea had 11.

If
    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsychubbs View Post
    I thought we did a decent job with the 10 men. Defended for our lives and still had attacking outlets to give Barca some scares. Chelsea's approach today from the start, with 11 men, was just to park the bus, and then create a spammy goal out of nothing. And it worked