User Tag List

Page 51 of 956 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    or he could be staying and the present he gave to Arshavin was a message for the little Ruskie to sling his hook......depends on how deep you want to look into it

not a member of the Mindless Optimism Clique for nothing

on a serious note, I have always been a believer thaat when a player starts to clamour for the door, Ade was one, Cesc and Nasri, Nic and Denilson are three and a half more than the best thing to do is show them the way but my only reservation is that we are no longer captained by a leader who knows how to replace these losses......if AW can be trusted to bring in the quality to take these guys places then we can confidently say 'You want out? see you later!' but if the opposite is true then we are defo running a massive risk allowing an exodus on mass!

I also do not believe that we 100% need Cesc, don't get me wrong he is a great player and on his day one of the best around, but do we also play badly when he is out of the side? the answer is 'no', granted we don't also play great either but we don't play great with him in the team too

would he be a loss, initial answer 'yes' but giving it a second thought and hoping beyond hope AW gets back his ability of buying quality then the strength behind the answer begins to fade......a lot does depend on a multitude of 'ifs'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. If by good, you mean, starting off well only to turn to shite as he does everywhere else, then I make you right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Cant see him wanting to move down a couple of levels tbh

Hes played at the highest level with Real

Our boy come good

So much for the Arsenal curse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant see him wanting to move down a couple of levels tbh

Hes played at the highest level with Real

Our boy come good

So much for the Arsenal curse
    Yeah. If by good, you mean, starting off well only to turn to shite as he does everywhere else, then I make you right.
    that being the case then we shouldn't be scared of selling on our players to PL teams.....may give us more of a chance in the league

(bit of a pain in the nuts to get more than one quote up.......of course unless I'm doing something wrong!!!)
    Last edited by Japan Shaking All Over; 06-06-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely if Ade was that good, he would be staying at Real ?????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Tbh if Nasri wants to leave then fuck him let him leave but Man u will not be his destination...
    If Nasri leaves he will be at Birmingham City in a few years just like Hleb was....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    This.

ESPN Star 3 June

Madrid drive hard bargain for Adebayor

Real Madrid are keen to sign Emmanuel Adebayor for good, but not for the price Manchester City are asking for.
    According to reports in the Mirror, manager Jose Mourinho only rates the striker at £7 million, half of what the 2010-11 FA Cup winners are asking for.
    This would represent a huge loss for the Manchester club, given they splashed out £21 million to pry the Togolese from Arsenal.
    However, what is significant is that Mancini has no interest in playing Adebayor, and wants to get his £220,000-a-week salary off their wage bill.
    The striker has recently admitted he is keen to stay in Spain to AS, saying: "I love Madrid, I want to continue. My friends tell me that I seem happier, even when I'm on the bench".
    He has scored eight goals in his time with the La Liga giants.
    A £7/8M valuation from one of the best managers in the business is hardly a ringing endorsement (and makes a mockery of his £21M transfer to Citeh). Neither do the reports of interest from Spurs and Newcastle for Greedybayor's services.

For all the criticism levelled at him, AW rarely gets departures wrong, and IMO he has been proven right about Greedy.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Madrid drive hard bargain for Adebayor

Real Madrid are keen to sign Emmanuel Adebayor for good, but not for the price Manchester City are asking for.
    According to reports in the Mirror, manager Jose Mourinho only rates the striker at £7 million, half of what the 2010-11 FA Cup winners are asking for.
    This would represent a huge loss for the Manchester club, given they splashed out £21 million to pry the Togolese from Arsenal.
    However, what is significant is that Mancini has no interest in playing Adebayor, and wants to get his £220,000-a-week salary off their wage bill.
    The striker has recently admitted he is keen to stay in Spain to AS, saying: "I love Madrid, I want to continue. My friends tell me that I seem happier, even when I'm on the bench".
    He has scored eight goals in his time with the La Liga giants.
    My friends tell me that I seem happier, even when I'm on the bench".
    looks like you're going to happy for a long time Ade.......if you ask nicely you might be allowed to take the bench home with you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £220,000-a-week salary off their wage bill.
    Puts our wage structure into perspective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasri Scoreng View Post
    This.

A £7/8M valuation from one of the best managers in the business is hardly a ringing endorsement (and makes a mockery of his £21M transfer to Citeh). Neither do the reports of interest from Spurs and Newcastle for Greedybayor's services.

For all the criticism levelled at him, AW rarely gets departures wrong, and IMO he has been proven right about Greedy.
    Let's get this right, he didn't want to sell him. He blamed the fans that year and said they were too harsh, Greedy wanted to leave and did...Wenger would have kept him given the chance.

Wenger does get departures right on the whole, but with this guy he didn't have a choice...he wanted to leave after the season where Adebayor didn't feel appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wilshere frustrates me cos i know he has it in him to play that brilliant pass. The pass yesterday to Bent was awesome but he doesnt do it anywhere near enough and just passes it along to someone else.

Even more frustrating when he does it when he has the opportunity to shoot although this is an Arsenal problem and not just a Wilshere problem.

But like i said many times before, hes young and he will get better.

What he needs more than anything is a manager who can nurture his talents rather than coach it out of him like Wenger
    Jack will go on to be the best midfielder in the world, he's already halfway there. A naturally talented player, the sort you can't create through training. When he adds experience to that talent he'll be unstoppable. And he'll be playing for Man Utd when that happens. A natural replacement for Scholes though he may even end up better. We can forget about Jack, he won't be sticking around with us as we enter a downturn, I won't blame him either. He's a player that deserves to play at the highest level. Hope he stays in England though because I like watching him play.
    Für eure Sicherheit