User Tag List

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Non home grown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil was paid an 8m loyalty bonus last month.

Might help explain why he wanted to stick around for his final year. What an utter waste of money, who would have known how much of a disaster giving him this contract would turn out to be.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 13-10-2020 at 06:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually can’t remember a time in my life when I wasn’t talking about Mesut Özil any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Might help explain why he wanted to stick around for his final year. What an utter waste of money, who would have known how much of a disaster giving him this contract would turn out to be.
    anyone with a brain who knew you shouldn't just throw money at people - it was all just because Sanchez was sold and we didn't want to be seen to be losing two prime assets in one go, but we didn't need to pay him so much or for so long

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Is that it now? The last transfusion? Or is this the contract that keeps on giving?

How have we agreed to sign a contract that awards bonuses to players that aren't playing? Loyalty? So they canned Gunnersaurus after 27 years and paid Ozil a "loyalty" bonus? No wonder he wanted to give some of the money back. I bet even he can't believe how shitty that contract is.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    anyone with a brain who knew you shouldn't just throw money at people - it was all just because Sanchez was sold and we didn't want to be seen to be losing two prime assets in one go, but we didn't need to pay him so much or for so long
    I'd forgotten about that but yeah, you're right. We threw trucks full of money at him so he didn't leave in the same window as Sanchez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a bonus written into the contract to reward him for seeing it out. Obviously the guys who gave him the deal felt like Ozil was going to be the cornerstone of this team for years to come.

Goes without saying the contract has aged horribly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Is that it now? The last transfusion? Or is this the contract that keeps on giving?

How have we agreed to sign a contract that awards bonuses to players that aren't playing? Loyalty? So they canned Gunnersaurus after 27 years and paid Ozil a "loyalty" bonus? No wonder he wanted to give some of the money back. I bet even he can't believe how shitty that contract is.
    I think he also gets "performance" bonuses if he "plays" on top of his "basic" £18.2m "salary" and "loyalty" bonuses.

At least we know how the offer to pay Gunnersaurus's salary* is being funded now.

*For as long as Özil is still employed by Arsenal FC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's nothing like the satisfaction of a hard day's work and pay well earned.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Yeah but I didn't say Ozil should run the club's finances. I said he's entitled to know how the club is going to spend his money had he agreed to a pay cut. And he is. They could be buying yachts or ranches for all he knows.
    Well he just received a 8million pound bonus, what do you think he should do with that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I think he also gets "performance" bonuses if he "plays" on top of his "basic" £18.2m "salary" and "loyalty" bonuses.

At least we know how the offer to pay Gunnersaurus's salary* is being funded now.

*For as long as Özil is still employed by Arsenal FC.