User Tag List

Page 600 of 1060 FirstFirst ... 100500550590598599600601602610650700 ... LastLast
Results 5,991 to 6,000 of 10599

Thread: Summer Transfer Speculation and Shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Kanu remembered for his misses?

Theo no better than he was at 16?

You're obviously 12 years old Cripps, so there's no way you could have watched the seasons of 99 to 2002. Kanu has never been prolific. As for your idol Walcott. I stand by my claim. All pace, can't dribble, can't head the ball, shoot when it's better to pass and vice versa. Sturridge is a better player and I wouldn't want to see him in an Arsenal shirt.l

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    You're obviously 12 years old Cripps, so there's no way you could have watched the seasons of 99 to 2002. Kanu has never been prolific. As for your idol Walcott. I stand by my claim. All pace, can't dribble, can't head the ball, shoot when it's better to pass and vice versa. Sturridge is a better player and I wouldn't want to see him in an Arsenal shirt.l
    Obviously

I don't recall Theo scoring 20 goals a season and lots of assists as a 16 year old. Maybe in your world he did.

As for Kanu, I remember him mostly for that hat trick tbh.

Kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    at the arrogance of a completely unknown player thinking he is too good to have go on trial? yes i agree
    That technique worked pretty well on Ibrahimovic and CR7 I suppose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kanu wasn't prolific but then he never was throughout his career. He was a great number 10 type of player, a bit of a maverick who'd pop up with the odd moment of brilliance.

Different player to Gervais who is mostly a runner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post
    Obviously

I don't recall Theo scoring 20 goals a season and lots of assists as a 16 year old. Maybe in your world he did.

As for Kanu, I remember him mostly for that hat trick tbh.

Kids
    Walcott played the whole season 20 goals. Giroud misses about 5 games scored 17. So what is your point. They are both craps strikers, unfortunately they are the best we have. If Walcott had played the whole season at 16. He probably would have scored 12 or so. Fortunately, then we had better players ahead of him, Unlike now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Kanu wasn't prolific but then he never was throughout his career. He was a great number 10 type of player, a bit of a maverick who'd pop up with the odd moment of brilliance.

Different player to Gervais who is mostly a runner.
    Kanu was a really skillful player who was a great player to come on and mix things up, he'd give teams real problems with his dribbling ability and ability to hold onto the ball and was just something different (it's good to have players like this so if things aren't working you have a different option).

Never prolific but did a very good job for us, his finishing was never all that but then we had other player who could finish in those days, all over the pitch.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok now I know you have no idea what you are talking about.

Theo was hardly in the team first couple of months.

Oh well, you can always dream of Sturridge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Not sure on what basis you make the claim that Arsene can improve players. Adebayor never improved under Wenger, he could still miss an open goal where he could see the stubble on the goalies face. He also had a clumsy first touch. Kanu was the same he had bags of talent but we remember him mostly for his misses. Hleb was another, who could dribble the whole back 4 but couldn't find the net even if his children's lives depended on it. Walcott, what can I say. Hardly better now than the 16 year old who joined us 6 years ago. Don't even start me on the keepers or our kamikaze defending. Wenger s entire resume consists of GGeorge Graham's back 4 and superb purchases in his first 6 years. He has not seen to change his backroom staff even though they have failed us for 8 years. Only the physio who left for England and Bould have come or gone in 16 years.
    That's an exaggeration. He can't turn water into wine and he's lost his touch as of late, but that's not right at all.

Ade was terrible but he got better under us and grew some balls in front of goal. How we managed to get 30 goals from him in a season from a player of that that nature; it's impressive. RVP turned into a madman for us. An out and out goal scorer and team player. He became clinical and his movement off the ball imprived dramatically. He started to move with intelligence and like a proper striker. Theo has sharpened up on his finishing, runs and decisions. Still has a way to go with his dribbling but I think it's impossible to improve that so late in his career. It's like Ade's terrible first touch. He's only going to get fractionally better.

You can't say Wenger hasn't improved players and it's beyond his ability to get Gervinho to make smarter choices and more clinical in front of goal. He has many flaws but I believe over time Gervinho would have improved on his chance conversion rate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    That's an exaggeration. He can't turn water into wine and he's lost his touch as of late, but that's not right at all.

Ade was terrible but he got better under us and grew some balls in front of goal. How we managed to get 30 goals from him in a season from a player of that that nature; it's impressive. RVP turned into a madman for us. An out and out goal scorer and team player. He became clinical and his movement off the ball imprived dramatically. He started to move with intelligence and like a proper striker. Theo has sharpened up on his finishing, runs and decisions. Still has a way to go with his dribbling but I think it's impossible to improve that so late in his career. It's like Ade's terrible first touch. He's only going to get fractionally better.

You can't say Wenger hasn't improved players and it's beyond his ability to get Gervinho to make smarter choices and more clinical in front of goal. He has many flaws but I believe over time Gervinho would have improved on his chance conversion rate.
    Ok some polemics in my statement, it's the nature of outbursts borne out of frustration. I think it's a given that our training is crap. As a team we do not improve year on year, witness our games in the Emirates cup, same old turgid shift. So what's to say that players without self motivation can improve on technique. If no one is taking them aside and pointing out specifics , then devising tailor made routines to iron out these flaws, why will they improve. Players like Bregkamp and Henry spend time on their own honing already impressive abilities. I see no improvement in Walcott, simply natural progression, not massive gained. Hisonly asset is speed. He is onemajor injury or 4 more years of losing that, then what. Does somebody thing Bale just developed from a slipshod LB to the world's most prized player by chance. No I doubt it. Something about the whole Wenger organisation smacks me of indolence and complacency. I swear Arsenal does a review of each season at it's end and 5 mins later concludes that we were simply unlucky and next season, things will simply full into place with maybe a small , verysverysmall tweak. The legend of Wenger as one of football's great thinkers has long died for me.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 07-08-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walcott has lost a yard of pace. He doesn't even have that as an asset now. His only asset is randomness, by thrashing at the ball or charging headlong down the pitch enough times it eventually goes in the direction he wants or he stumbles past an opponent. Awful player and I do agree a lot of this seems to be down to Wenger. He takes players with potential and weeds that potential out of them, replacing it with percentage play and robotics. Ox has dropped at lest two levels since he joined us, all the natural flair has gone from his game. Podolski, another player on the Arsenal fast track to nowhere. Arshavin. Gervinho. Arteta played out of position. No Adams, no Henry, no Bergkamp, no Pires, no Vieira. No natural talents and natural leaders. Were these the real architects behind our great teams? Was Wenger just along for the ride? Nobody can say for sure but the evidence is starting to mount up.
    Für eure Sicherheit