Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wenger

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wenger

I was arguing with a friend that arsen has never been able to put a squad together he claimed the invincible so what i wanna know is how many of the invincibles did wenger actually sign and how many were left by graham

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    about 22.685944% of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lehmann
    Lauren
    Campbell
    Touré
    Cole
    Ljungberg
    Vieira
    Gilberto
    Pirès
    Bergkamp
    Henry

All these except Bergkamp, Grahan had not to do with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Henry, pires, freddie, lehmann, kolo, sol, lauren, viera, gilberto, wiltord, kanu off top of my head, apparently Bergkamp was signed on wengers say so but never been confirmed, guess you could say he made cole so you could count him. parlour, keown are only two i can think of that were pre wenger

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure it was most of them. Lets look at the first team:

1 GK Lehmann 38 Wenger
    12 RB Lauren 32 Wenger
    23 CB Campbell 35 Wenger
    28 CB Touré 37 Wenger
    3 LB Cole 32 Youth Team
    8 RW Ljungberg 30 Wenger
    4 CM Vieira 29 Wenger
    19 CM Gilberto 32 Wenger
    7 LM Pirès 36 Wenger
    10 SS Bergkamp 28 Rioch
    14 ST Henry 37 Wenger

You're thinking of the earlier team that won the Premier League I think that still had the old back 4.

I'm not a fan of Wenger hating, especially since it now seems he's been under financial duress. So lets not forget the things he did do, eh?
    Last edited by tpyo; 16-02-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bergkamp was a Rioch signing

Wenger lovers are even trying to credit the **** with that signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    Henry, pires, freddie, lehmann, kolo, sol, lauren, viera, gilberto, wiltord, kanu off top of my head, apparently Bergkamp was signed on wengers say so but never been confirmed, guess you could say he made cole so you could count him. parlour, keown are only two i can think of that were pre wenger
    Bergkamp was signed by Dein on Wenger's recommendation. After the Graham scandal, Rioch wasn't given control of the purse strings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post

No one did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a dilution problem. The mentality that the Adams era team had has gotten weaker and weaker. The Graham team taught Vieira, Petit and co the Arsenal and English way. They were toughened up and given a balanced education. Wenger was good on teaching technique, fitness and health, but that sheer determination to win and fight for the win came from Graham players. Vieira and co passed that on to the new generation but he also passed something else on...that mercenary, greedy, 'up my wages' type of attitude that infected the squad.

He was the bloody ring leader of it and fuelled the flames to the Cole saga. He was the original guy that kept lifting his skirt for the Spanish. With Graham's team, you didn't get that even when they had the one year contract bullshit hanging over their heads.

With each generation the squad gets weaker. Wenger is too soft and that's why players walk all over him. It gets worse with each generation and to the point where there able to take the piss with him on the actual pitch. Never would have happened with Adam's generation. Any one not pulling their weight would have been chocked in the dressing room. It takes the players to inspire each other and Wenger hasn't got the players that do that. Only RVP is capable of it as seen with the villa game. He's had his time. He can't motivate and it's the reason why we've never won back to back titles with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post

It was covered in a biography written about Wenger. According to the biography, Wenger alerted Dein to Bergkamp's situation at Inter and that he could potentially be available.

If true, then Bergkamp is Dein's signing.