User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Szchesney, is he as good as we all thought?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Szchesney, is he as good as we all thought?

I know Szchesney has been pretty reliable and doesn't make too many mistakes. The goal against Norwich was a bad one but its not something he does often. However I've seen a pretty interesting stat that shows he has the 4th worse save per shot ratio in the league at only 64%. Hart etc are in the high 80s. With a ratio similar to Harts we would have conceded something like 10 less goals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting stat but one which needs some examination. If our fairly mediocre defence is letting attackers get one on ones too often then you can't blame the 'keeper. On Saturday he made an error for the first goal, the 2nd was just bad luck and the 3rd was awful defending allowing a one on one.
    Overall I think he's played well this year, I can't think of many glaring errors and he kept us in games like Liverpool away.
    He may not be absolutely world class but he's good enough IMO and he's quite young, for a 'keeper. He'll get better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cant prove anything with stats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read a stat which claims he has a 93% (I think?) success rate at dealing with set-pieces; higher than any other 'keeper in the league. Might've been Opta Joe that released but can't remember. I think he's fantastic. I think he's a big reason we don't struggle too much with set-pieces any more. I'm not bothered about where he ranks - certainly Hart is a better 'keeper but I wouldn't swap Chesney for anyone right now. He has got what it takes to become an Arsenal legend and I don't want us to miss out on seeing that.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, without any doubt.

Best keeper we've had for years and will only get better with age/experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hes crap. Bring back Almunia with Jens as cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavs View Post
    You cant prove anything with stats
    76% of people know that.
    Formerly TMOKJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    I've read a stat which claims he has a 93% (I think?) success rate at dealing with set-pieces; higher than any other 'keeper in the league. Might've been Opta Joe that released but can't remember. I think he's fantastic. I think he's a big reason we don't struggle too much with set-pieces any more. I'm not bothered about where he ranks - certainly Hart is a better 'keeper but I wouldn't swap Chesney for anyone right now. He has got what it takes to become an Arsenal legend and I don't want us to miss out on seeing that.
    One thing, Syn, that the media won't have you believe is that Hart "punches" way more than he should catch. It used to be a common trait of foreign 'keepers, but it certainly something that Hart is guilty of. Good GK, yes, but he may come unstuck at the Euro's, methinks. There isn't THAT much between Sir Chesney and Joe Hart.
    Formerly TMOKJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Joe Hart wasn't English, he wouldn't get half the praise he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by server too busy! View Post
    I know Szchesney has been pretty reliable and doesn't make too many mistakes. The goal against Norwich was a bad one but its not something he does often. However I've seen a pretty interesting stat that shows he has the 4th worse save per shot ratio in the league at only 64%. Hart etc are in the high 80s. With a ratio similar to Harts we would have conceded something like 10 less goals.
    Nope he's crap