User Tag List

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal vs Montpellier. 21st Nov. 19:45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we win and Olympiakos lose, we go through.

If we win and Olympiakos draw, we would only possibly go out if we lost by 3 goals to them in Greece.

If Olympiakos win, it's going to the final game regardless of our result tonight.

So basically, come on Huntelaar.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 21-11-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want Olympiakos to win. We can take them in the final game and finish top. Despite what others think, finishing top means avoiding Barcelona. Although there are a few teams that could easily kill us, Barcelona's the only tie we are guaranteed to have no chance of winning.

But yeah, lets try to qualify first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we will lose away to olympiakos. guaranteed.

this from montpellier's president louis nicollin, on winning the chumps league

"I will become a monk and as I have many fans who want me to become a monk, then so be it,"

"Naked under my robe, like real monks, without any socks in the winter. A real monk. I like that."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy is crazy. Heard him come out with some weird shit before too. I think he also said he wouldn't consider anything less than 50m euros for Giroud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    I want Olympiakos to win. We can take them in the final game and finish top. Despite what others think, finishing top means avoiding Barcelona. Although there are a few teams that could easily kill us, Barcelona's the only tie we are guaranteed to have no chance of winning.

But yeah, lets try to qualify first.
    that plan went tits up last year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it didn't - we got Milan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I don't care anymore whether we're 1st or 2nd. Of course you'd like to have a better chance of a kinder draw but I'm sure we'll do our best to balls it up against anyone of moderate quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    No it didn't - we got Milan?
    exactly. last year we qualified top, to get an easier draw yet get hte biggest team we could. it doesnt matter, just qualify

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    exactly. last year we qualified top, to get an easier draw yet get hte biggest team we could. it doesnt matter, just qualify
    I'm not saying we'll definitely go through the last 16 if we qualify as top. I'm saying we will avoid Barcelona which is a tie we have 0% chance of winning. There will also be some better teams than us finishing 2nd but against any other team we'll have at least a small chance. Generally good teams win a good number of their games and finish top. There is no way of judging how much difference it'll make, but given the information we have, it's likely to be better to finish top. It's not difficult to understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We finish top we could get Real or Dortmund/Juve or Shakhtar/Milan, Bayern/Valencia. Don't think it really matters tbh only poor teams are in UTD group. Everyone else looks decent anyways. Better to Qualify tonight then worry about it in 2 weeks.