Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal need to spend NOW or face being left behind, RvP warns Wenger

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal need to spend NOW or face being left behind, RvP warns Wenger

Arsenal need to spend NOW or face being left behind, Van Persie warns Wenger

Robin van Persie has urged Arsene Wenger to spend like never before and eliminate the prospect of Arsenal being left behind by their top-four rivals.
    Wenger is under no illusions regarding his squad's desperate need of a facelift ahead of the coming Barclays Premier League campaign but, equally, he is fighting hard to keep key figures Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri at the club.
    The Arsenal manager warned that he would rather lose £20million and let Nasri run down his contract than cash in on him, while he is hopeful of convincing Fabregas to ignore Barcelona's advances.

Van Persie is desperate for 'my two friends' to remain at the Emirates but, equally, he wants to see Wenger pursue an aggressive transfer policy in the next few weeks and believes it is vital that other clubs do not steal a march on the club.
    'The way I feel now is that a few signings are more than welcome,' said Van Persie, who is looking forward to 'experiencing something different' when Arsenal face a Malaysian XI here in Kuala Lumpur.
    'Every other team is buying quality players, so hopefully we will do the same.

'You need investment to keep up. When you look around, you see Manchester City are buying loads of good players, Liverpool are doing it now and Manchester United have been doing it for years.
    'In a way, you need to keep that up because if everyone is doing something you need to do it as well. I think it's a good thing that we have competition because no one really wants to go to sleep.
    'In an ideal world, no one (should be) really sure of his place (in the team). Maybe the captain and the goalkeeper but all the other players shouldn't really know before that they will play. It's always good to have competition and be on your toes.'

Wenger, who has already wrapped up a deal for Lille's Ivory Coast striker Gervinho, has baulked at writing big cheques in recent years, but all the signs are pointing to him being bolder now and Van Persie would love to see him smash Arsenal's transfer record.
    'These days, proper players cost money,' said the 27-year-old striker. 'Sometimes you see players go for loads of money and you think, "Is he that good?" They are, most of the time, but sometimes there can be a statement for the others as well.
    'The main thing is, it is not just a label, a multi-million pound signing. It's about the quality. If you buy a player who has got one year left, normally he's not going to be worth 40 or 50 million, he'll be a bit less.'

Nasri is in such a situation at present, but Wenger is not entertaining the idea of losing both the France player - who is wanted by Manchester City and Manchester United - and midfield maestro Fabregas in the coming weeks. Should that happen, he feels it would effectively be a statement of surrender.
    'Imagine the worst situation - we lose Fabregas and Nasri,' said Wenger. 'You cannot convince people you are ambitious after that. Even if you lose Nasri, to find the same quality player, you have to spend again the same amount of money (to replace him).
    'You cannot lose the player and not replace him. These players are not easy to find. Samir's situation is clear to me - he stays. We are in a position where we can say no. We are not there to make money. We are there to keep our best players.
    'I am confident Cesc will stay because I hope he will see there would be no greater achievement in his life than to lead this team to success.'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1Rq0Fpi8o
    Formerly rockyrocky... the other one

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too late.

We already are left behind.

We need to spend now just to catch up and spend even more to go ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like if he doesn't and the season ends the same, robin will be next out the door.

although given the universal complaints about his availability to the team, it shouldn't upset too many people...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    sounds like if he doesn't and the season ends the same, robin will be next out the door.

although given the universal complaints about his availability to the team, it shouldn't upset too many people...
    Even his own players are publicly against his policy now, and RVP is probably the most loyal of these lot.
    somebody put something in my milk

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger to sell RVP soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear RVP,

your manager has been looking for 'players of real quality' who are 'better than' you and your team-mates for years now. He can't seem to find any.

He believes you guys are so good, and are so close to the promise land. You might be 34 by the time you reach the promise land; or like Moses you might not be around then -- but hey, according to your gaffer 'what guarantee is there that you will win anything anywhere else?'.

Regards,

an internet gooner
    ‘Arsene was very cautious and David was very ambitious for the club,’ said former director Keith Edelman, managing director at the time. ‘He was very good at getting Arsene into a position where he was comfortable spending money.’

The board have said if wenger identifies a player he really wants and he needs the money it's there. Wenger doesn't think it's worth it!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVP should know we are in the waiting period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by budesonide View Post
    Dear RVP,

your manager has been looking for 'players of real quality' who are 'better than' you and your team-mates for years now. He can't seem to find any.

He believes you guys are so good, and are so close to the promise land. You might be 34 by the time you reach the promise land; or like Moses you might not be around then -- but hey, according to your gaffer 'what guarantee is there that you will win anything anywhere else?'.

Regards,

an internet gooner
    i told my mate and he wanted you to have this

Dear internet gooner

i have put up with your emails, texts, fliers and stalking for far too long now. please be advised that if i hear from you again i will take this matter further and bring in the lawyer that got me off that rape charge. he's one bad daddy you don't want to fuck with.

please take this as a final warning.

ps: Ik ben een moslim en Musa stierf op 80

RVP

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Arsenal manager warned that he would rather lose £20million and let Nasri run down his contract than cash in on him

What the fuck?!?!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Arsenal manager warned that he would rather lose £20million and let Nasri run down his contract than cash in on him
    Quote Originally Posted by Save me Jeebus! View Post
    What the fuck?!?!?!
    the only way that is going to happen is if everyone has agreed to stand aside and let Arsenal win everything this year