PDA

View Full Version : Wenger Slaughterhouse

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2012, 12:14 PM
How is that a coward?

The only thing he's guilty of is wanting to win to be honest, let's not forget he came from a club who won trophies to us so it's no surprise he was frustrated when we imploded.

Cesc wanted to win, you never saw him crying on the floor like a bitch. I'll never forget that day he did that. I hate Hansen, but he got it right that day when he layed into him.

You never saw and Henry or Paddy V behave like that either.

Özim
15-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Cesc wanted to win, you never saw him crying on the floor like a bitch. I'll never forget that day he did that. I hate Hansen, but he got it right that day when he layed into him.

You never saw and Henry or Paddy V behave like that either.
That's true yes, however they had much better players around them and didn't see the team implode as we have seen many times in the last 7 years. Cesc didn't do the same either, he just left when he realised we were never going to win anything, much like our other players.

Gallas' protest wasn't great, however it manifested itself some the frustration of totally blowing our chances and I wouldn't say it shows him being a coward.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2012, 12:18 PM
That's true yes, however they had much better players around them and didn't see the team implode as we have seen many times in the last 7 years. Cesc didn't do the same either, he just left when he realised we were never going to win anything, much like our other players.

Gallas' protest wasn't great, however it manifested itself some the frustration of totally blowing our chances and I wouldn't say it shows him being a coward.

True i guess.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-12-2012, 02:24 PM
do we have any players that actually show a bit of passion and emotion when we lose nowadays?

chamakh didnt blink an eye when he missed his pen.

Grebbo
15-12-2012, 02:30 PM
We don't need passion and emotion - we need better quality players. Passion and emotion might help in a relegation fight but it doesn't win you trophies.

Gallas was shit for us and has been shit for Tottenham. Of all our former players he is not one we should be hankering after!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-12-2012, 02:33 PM
at what point did i say i wanted gallas back?

your ability to misconstrue posts is doctorate level.

and im thinking a bit of passion might get these players to perform better.

if you give a fuck you perform better. thats natural logic.

Grebbo
15-12-2012, 02:36 PM
:lol:

Özil's Panoramic View
15-12-2012, 02:51 PM
at what point did i say i wanted gallas back?

your ability to misconstrue posts is doctorate level.

and im thinking a bit of passion might get these players to perform better.

if you give a fuck you perform better. thats natural logic.

http://184.172.194.66/~wheels12/wheels_forum/Smileys/default/001_beatup.gif http://184.172.194.66/~wheels12/wheels_forum/Smileys/default/stretcher.gif

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2012, 03:01 PM
do we have any players that actually show a bit of passion and emotion when we lose nowadays?

chamakh didnt blink an eye when he missed his pen.

Does the morden player show passion, no matter what team he is at. Think you have players who are ambitous and of good quality, but i don't think many players, care for the club they are playing for.

Have to agree with Grebbo, better players is what we need. These players tend to have a better spirit and seem up for it more. Most of our players seem less ambitious and are just happy to sit on the bench and collect money.

RVP joined utd, not cause he had passion for that club, cause he had pride in himself and is ambitious. The days of players showing passion is over.

Marc Overmars
15-12-2012, 03:25 PM
You wouldn't want any of our players on your side in a fight that's for sure.

Except for Wilshere though.

Cripps_orig
15-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Wilshere :lol:

He'd be eaten alive

All of our players are a bunch of wimps

Özim
15-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Definitely not no, the minute they saw one person getting hit and falling to the ground they'd be out of there in a shot!

Cripps_orig
15-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Now that I mention Capi, I had to look this up: :haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IcjiCPmnwk

Last Arsenal team to play brilliant fast attacking football. Most heart breaking season :(

At least we were entertained then... its been a shower of cow dung since then. Not to forget, that was also the last season we played 4-4-2. Coincidence?

EDIT: Out of all those players, only Sagna is there. Says everything you need to know about our manager. And he says we are still challenging for CL, PL and FA cup. Fuck off you c*nt!

Just seen this. That was brilliant. Gallas :bow: How he is missed.

Özim
15-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Except for Wilshere though.
Yeah to be honest I wouldn't want him in a fight either, he's mouthy but he'd get hit and would be out for 1 1/2 years.

Marc Overmars
15-12-2012, 03:36 PM
That Gallas team talk is so cringe worthy.

Not a single player is looking him in the eye which says it all.

Marc Overmars
15-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Yeah to be honest I wouldn't want him in a fight either, he's mouthy but he'd get hit and would be out for 1 1/2 years.

He's a gobby little twat but at least he's not a robot like most of the side.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2012, 03:40 PM

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/jack-wilshere-frightened-me-girl-138166

Remember this :haha:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Does the morden player show passion, no matter what team he is at. Think you have players who are ambitous and of good quality, but i don't think many players, care for the club they are playing for.

Have to agree with Grebbo, better players is what we need. These players tend to have a better spirit and seem up for it more. Most of our players seem less ambitious and are just happy to sit on the bench and collect money.

RVP joined utd, not cause he had passion for that club, cause he had pride in himself and is ambitious. The days of players showing passion is over.

so the players have better spirit and seem up for it more but are happy to sit on the bench and collect money?

thats a contradiction. it doesnt make sense.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
15-12-2012, 03:48 PM
oh hang on you're on about better players.

ok that makes sense.

bloody jagers.

fakeyank
15-12-2012, 06:52 PM
eduardo started on the wide left in that brum game. that's how we set up all season. 4-5-1 until bendtner came on as his sub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx0XZeD8-u8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEtzGyLogOw

Just some of the games I remember we played 4-4-2 for sure. There were others too in which Eduardo was not playing but we had Fabregas as the second striker with Rosicky, Hleb on the wings.. flamini n diaby down the middle.
Again, I am not saying we played 4-4-2 in every game. This was the last season we played 4-4-2 formation the last time. Since 05, this was the best team we had and also the last entertaining team. Ever since then our football has been horrible.. alongside the likes of Stokes and Fat Sam's teams. They hoof the ball.. we just pass sideways. Both incredibly horrible to watch, at least Fat Sam's is effective.

Olivier's xmas twist
15-12-2012, 08:12 PM
so the players have better spirit and seem up for it more but are happy to sit on the bench and collect money?

thats a contradiction. it doesnt make sense.

Im talking about those at City etc. Not all players are ambitious, some are money grabbing ****s. But players like Kompany, who seems ambitious will be up for the fight as he'd want to win stuff and have some pride.

Not like our own money grabbing ****s who like to just sit on the bench or like maroune like you said did not look upset after he missed his pen.

Master Splinter
29-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Arsène Wenger expects to be busy when the transfer window opens - but he will keep his plans to himself.

The Arsenal manager has been linked with a number of players in recent weeks and was asked about potential comings and goings when he faced the media at his pre-match press conference on Friday.

Wenger is on the lookout for someone who can immediately improve his squad and he will also consider letting others move on.

"Yes, I will be busy," he confirmed. "I don't feel under pressure to name names because you [the media] find them on your own.

"We have the potential to be in the Champions League with what we have. We are open to strengthening the team, but the difficulty is to find what strengthens us. [You don't always find that with] the players available on the market.

"Yes [we want players who can make an immediate impact], that is why it is so difficult as well. Man United bought Robin van Persie for £24million and he is 29 years old.

"They have scouts all over the world. They looked everywhere. Don't think that they just came in and bought Van Persie, they looked everywhere else. But to find the quality of striker that would strengthen a top Premier League team at the moment in the world is difficult."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-i-expect-to-be-busy-in-january

Man United bought Robin van Persie

But to find the quality of striker that would strengthen a top Premier League team at the moment in the world is difficult.

:haha: :haha:

He just wants to watch the internet burn.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-12-2012, 09:59 AM
I can't tell if Wenger says these things anymore or if it's just you MS.

fakeyank
06-01-2013, 04:06 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4728122/Jose-Mourinho-world-exclusive.html

Mourinho saying it like it is. Best quote in the article tbh..

I despise Mourinho for his time at Chelsea but the man speaks the truth. Can you think of the huge upgrade he'd be compared to the useless goat we have as manager now? :pray:

And that has Mourinho confessing he is envious of the Frenchman’s longevity and job security.
But he says he could never stomach so long without silverware.
He admitted: “Yes I would love to have that stability at a club.
“But at the same time I think for my mentality I also need the pressure to succeed.
“And if no one imposes that pressure on me then I would impose that pressure on myself.
“The pressure to win things.

Cripps_orig
06-01-2013, 04:37 AM
Mourinho is the best in the world at what he does and says it like it is. A Must Get

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
06-01-2013, 09:45 AM
wenger: I change my mind whether I need to go into the transfer market from game to game

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4728120/Arsene-Wengers-dilemma-To-buy-or-not-to-buy.html

that is a disgrace. from game to game? what kind of 'top' manager changes his mind game to game? the flaws in the team are there to see all year round.

no wonder the team is so inconsistent when our manager is so inconsistent.

it makes sense now. a couple of wins near xmas and we suddenly drop out of the transfer window.

this guy is a lunatic.

Marc Overmars
06-01-2013, 11:54 AM
WUMger. :lol:

The fact we bomb as much as we excel should suggest we don't have what it takes. United are never shit for a period of games, they might have the odd duff result but that is usually taken in isolation because a run of 4-5 wins normally follows.

Gervinho's Forehead
06-01-2013, 12:08 PM
He really isn't fit for the job, the man is crazy!

Injury Time
06-01-2013, 05:33 PM
So odds on theo leaves 31st Jan....Arsene Monger "We did not ave time to replace 'im, I wish 'im well, I'm glad we could help his development & career aspirations" :ilt:

-Xs-
07-01-2013, 01:22 AM
We'll sell him cut price to Man united, Man City or Chelsea for "Football reasons"

selassie
07-01-2013, 01:28 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8383138/Arsenal-boss-Arsene-Wenger-will-stick-to-economic-policy-amid-Theo-Walcott-talks

The only manager in world football who talks better than a bank manager. What a frustating fuck! Oh lord, it'll be like Xmas the day he fucks off from the club!

The sad thing is it's "HIS (Arsene's) POLICY", this ridiculous "social wage structure" we have in place. It's caused a mess in the squad, we have a dozen players we can't shift and we all know the reasons why.

Unless Theo is asking for astronomic wages I really don't understand why we can't give him close to his reported wage demands.

Dicks and chicks
08-01-2013, 02:23 PM
fuck Wenger

McNamara That Ghost...
08-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Balague said on Revista that PSG want Wenget to manage them next season, not exactly sure where he pulled that one from.

GP
08-01-2013, 07:04 PM
His anus?

Still, I don't think many would be against him going there.

Marc Overmars
08-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Sign him up, Leonardo.

McNamara That Ghost...
08-01-2013, 07:16 PM
His anus?

Still, I don't think many would be against him going there.

Probably but I thought it was already fully wedged up with transfer anecdotes. Also, I can't imagine WUMger with an unlimited pile of money.

Özim
08-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Balague said on Revista that PSG want Wenget to manage them next season, not exactly sure where he pulled that one from.
Sounds good to me, why they'd want him I don't know though, he's won nothing in years...not exactly a recipe for success....IMO he wouldn't be able to handle the big money signings required or the pressure to deliver in the job.

PSG will pass win the pass stats trophy though, so if that's what counts to the owners they'll be happy. IMO it would be a mistake for him to go back to France, he'll probably fail miserably and his reputation (which for some odd reason he still has over there) will go down the drain there as well.

Ollie the Optimist
08-01-2013, 08:38 PM
what happens if wenger leaves us next season and wins a trophy and we don't?

Özim
08-01-2013, 08:42 PM
He won't leave and he won't win anything if he does, he's finished and there's no way he could handle the pressure of having to deliver success and spending money.

If by some miracle (and that's what it would be) it did happen, I'd still be happy because he's never going to change a thing at Arsenal and we'll never even pick up a tin pot trophy under him.

Marc Overmars
08-01-2013, 09:08 PM

That would be the ultimate WUM from WUMger.

Although winning the league with PSG is not exactly going to be the hardest task in the world.

fakeyank
08-01-2013, 09:23 PM

Thats like asking "What if we give Theo 500K a week and he wins us the Champions league?"

Besides, I could give a F less about what wenger does when he leaves Arsenal, as long as he leaves the club. He can win/lose/convert to Buddhism or whatever he wants to do. When he is not with Arsenal, he will be as irrelevant to me as the homeless man sitting outside Sears.

GP
08-01-2013, 09:24 PM

Then I'll be happy for his success, as I'm sure all Arsenal fans would be.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-01-2013, 09:51 PM
what happens if wenger leaves us next season and we win a trophy while he goes to PSG and doesn't?

Özim
08-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Thats like asking "What if we give Theo 500K a week and he wins us the Champions league?"

Besides, I could give a F less about what wenger does when he leaves Arsenal, as long as he leaves the club. He can win/lose/convert to Buddhism or whatever he wants to do. When he is not with Arsenal, he will be as irrelevant to me as the homeless man sitting outside Sears.
I couldn't give a toss either, if he wins I won't give a damn either, more importantly neither will I care when he invariably fails.

Globalgunner
08-01-2013, 10:12 PM

Thats as likely as my missus leaving me and being replaced by Halle berry/Beyonce. Wenger couldnt win the st Johnsons paints trophy managing Real Madrid. His boys would lose the final against Doncaster Rovers 6-7

milla
08-01-2013, 10:13 PM

Wumger is 2% away from reaching Nirvana, though he lacks a bit of purification. :coffee:

BlindFaith_8
08-01-2013, 10:30 PM
:wave: :pray:
If only, W@anker wont go anywhere which requires him to win silverware, he can't do it even if he was given 200 Mill to buy the best players, he's a spent force and he knows it. He is tactically inept and years behind the modern young managers. His feet are very comfy at Arsenal, finish 4th and sell whoever is in demand and make us a fortune, you'll be rich my boy rich!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
08-01-2013, 10:46 PM
:lol: feet

awful hands.

LDG
09-01-2013, 09:48 AM
:lol: feet

awful hands.

Doesn't stop Gareth Bale from eating with them.

Maestro
12-01-2013, 12:02 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4739683/Arsene-Wenger-Robin-van-Persie-is-Man-United-title-saviour.html

Wenget is an arsehole

Özim
12-01-2013, 12:14 AM
This makes me laugh:

“The title looks unlikely but we do not have to give up. We want to fight to come closer and then hope we still have a chance.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4739683/Arsene-Wenger-Robin-van-Persie-is-Man-United-title-saviour.html#ixzz2HiPPdbbH

No we really have no chance, we're 18 points behind at the moment :lol:

He's optimistic to say the least.

Özil's Panoramic View
12-01-2013, 12:31 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4739683/Arsene-Wenger-Robin-van-Persie-is-Man-United-title-saviour.html

Wenget is an arsehole

*sighs*

Best I keep my thoughts unexpressed at this point in time.

Cripps_orig
12-01-2013, 12:32 AM
The Arsenal boss said: “It is painful to see Manchester United so far in front of us.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4739683/Arsene-Wenger-Robin-van-Persie-is-Man-United-title-saviour.html#ixzz2HiV2B0oyStop selling them your best player then.

Maestro
12-01-2013, 12:41 AM
*sighs*

Best I keep my thoughts unexpressed at this point in time.

Go on

Özil's Panoramic View
12-01-2013, 12:45 AM
Go on

We're on the brink of a big weekend. As such, I can't risk a ban. Not now....maybe Monday though.

Xhaka Can’t
12-01-2013, 08:16 AM
We're on the brink of a big weekend. As such, I can't risk a ban. Not now....maybe Monday though.

I think you have the lines between 'opinion' and 'wumming' blurred.

-Xs-
12-01-2013, 08:30 AM
This makes me laugh:

No we really have no chance, we're 18 points behind at the moment :lol:

He's optimistic to say the least.

Deluded more like; surely he must be close to being committed by now. Fucking nutjob

I'd take him seriously if he was making these comments on the back of some major investment of quality (real quality, not super super) in the squad. As it stands, it just irritates.

Master Splinter
16-01-2013, 08:57 AM
WUMger on the FA Cup:

Ahead of his team's crucial FA Cup third round replay against Swansea, Arsene Wenger has risked the ire of Arsenal fans by deeming the world's most celebrated domestic cup as a low priority target.

"We go for all the trophies, yes. The championship, the Champions League, FA Cup. We have a good chance to be involved at the crucial zone of all these competitions.

"But if you ask me, is the FA Cup the most important trophy, I will not lie to you. I will tell you it is maybe sixth choice. For a top, top club, the target must first be the League, the Champions League, qualification for the Champions League and then qualification for the Europa League. What is the fifth trophy? I will keep this to myself.

"You will be surprised how much Liverpool, Tottenham and Blackburn fans would like to be in our position. They are clubs who have tasted the Champions League, but are maybe missing four thirds of complete consistency. I must tell you, we have been 100% consistent. We are the only club to qualify every season. Qualification is a quality.

The Arsenal boss does not, however, completely dismiss the lustre of the Cup.

"Of course it would show our desire and spirit if we won this competition. But will it create an exceptional global impression for people to remember? No. They will remember the team who finished third in the League.

The Frenchman was also typically coy about his plans in the January transfer window.

"Will we look? Why not?

"Will we buy? I cannot buy another Djourou on the market! To find players of this level takes time. We have shown that to develop is the way. We develop not only buy. If we can buy then we will also develop. But at this moment I cannot give you names. I cannot tell you who we develop.

"At the moment, our radar is little bit in the resting period. Will it beep if David Villa Sanchez becomes available? There is a small chance, yes. But we do not like to speculate with specific names.

Despite not adding to his squad so far, Wenger is still supremely confident of progressing to the fourth round.

"We have shown a tremendous attitude over the Christmas period. This group are winners and you will see this. We will play our game and show complete belief in our style. We must be faithful. To stray is not a quality."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9633456/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-says-qualifying-for-Champions-League-on-a-par-with-winning-a-trophy.html

fakeyank
16-01-2013, 09:01 AM
WUMger on the FA Cup:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9633456/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-says-qualifying-for-Champions-League-on-a-par-with-winning-a-trophy.html

:haha:

Now the radar is in the resting period!! :lol:

Another gay lion in the market!? :faint:

100% consistent in being inconsistent!! :haha:

Wenger- the biggest Spud of all time!

Injury Time
16-01-2013, 09:26 AM
WUMger on the FA Cup:

Can't even see that little bit cup final would raise our spirits, show the players they can win something, no happy with 4th place here too so presume the semi is the target :rolleyes:

Letters
16-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Now the radar is in the resting period!! :lol:

Another gay lion in the market!? :faint:

100% consistent in being inconsistent!! :haha:

Wenger- the biggest Spud of all time!

Wow you're an idiot.

Kano
16-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Wow you're an idiot.
And to all the idiots reading this, you've just insulted them too.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-01-2013, 09:54 AM
FakeYank. :haha:

Always pays to click on the links.

Özim
16-01-2013, 11:16 AM
ROFL it's the major trophy sh*t again lads

For me, there are five 'trophies' – the first is to win the Premier League, the second is to win the Champions League, the third is to qualify for the Champions League, the fourth is to win the FA Cup and the fifth is to win the League Cup.

"I say that because if you want to attract the best players, they do not ask 'did you win the League Cup?', they ask you 'do you play in the Champions League?'

I guess there would have been 6 if the Emirate Cup was still going.

Someone tell him the difference between a trophy and thin air :lol:

Kano
16-01-2013, 11:22 AM
where's that from?

Xhaka Can’t
16-01-2013, 11:35 AM
The horses mouth

Kano
16-01-2013, 11:36 AM
neigh it isn't.

Özim
16-01-2013, 11:49 AM
where's that from?
Same link as above:

Injury Time
16-01-2013, 11:51 AM
The bulls arse

efa

Kano
16-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Same link as above:

the one we all saw 4 months ago?

Xhaka Can’t
16-01-2013, 11:55 AM
neigh it isn't.

You're having a giraffe!

Özim
16-01-2013, 11:56 AM
the one we all saw 4 months ago?
I never saw it!

Kano
16-01-2013, 11:57 AM
You're having a giraffe!
wind your neck in son.

Fist of Lehmann
16-01-2013, 12:13 PM
MS :haha:

Troll Successful

fakeyank
16-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Wow you're an idiot.

I am!!

Good one MS!! Really good one.. :angry:

Sad part, its not beyond Wenger to say something like that. It's that believable!!

Maestro
16-01-2013, 08:36 PM
WUMger on the FA Cup:

if this is true, then wenger is arguably the funniest person i have ever known ..bar none

Özim
18-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Got to give Wenger some credit to be honest, I don't know anyone who comes up with such weird BS, his little bit of sharpness and 2% away from domination sh*t has kept us entertained for years.

How many other fans can make claims like this?

Niall_Quinn
18-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Got to give Wenger some credit to be honest, I don't know anyone who comes up with such weird BS, his little bit of sharpness and 2% away from domination sh*t has kept us entertained for years.

How many other fans can make claims like this?

None tbf. You're the only one.

Özim
18-01-2013, 02:19 PM
None tbf. You're the only one.
Ah come on man, the amount of people that re-hash his terminology is ridiculous!

Niall_Quinn
18-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Ah come on man, the amount of people that re-hash his terminology is ridiculous!

Can't say I have little bit noticed. Perhaps 2% posters at top, top, top.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-01-2013, 03:28 PM
walcott signs :bow:

board and wenger get a lot of stick for many things, but tying down 6 british players this month should be commended.

Ollie the Optimist
18-01-2013, 03:36 PM
walcott signs :bow:

board and wenger get a lot of stick for many things, but tying down 6 british players this month should be commended.

are we in some kind of weird parallel universe? wenger signing up british players, alan pardew signing up french players?

Mr. Lahey
19-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Heres a quote I read from Wenger after the City game and I forget if it was posted on here or not.

"The players are nervous because they feel the scepticism around the team. The players feel that they want to do well. They have a great desire to do well, so maybe they're a bit too anxious that that they don't respond completely to the expectation level of the crowd."

Who on earth says this? It's not the players fault for being unprepared, and it's certainly not my fault for them not being unprepared. It's the fans fault for having too high of an expectation level. The man has completely lost the plot. And some fans dont understand the criticism and the personal remarks aimed at Wenger - the guy has ZERO respect for the fans, none. The only voice he is hearing is the one of an old, stubborn, completely out of touch man who once was a great manager. Now, for me personally, I have lost the respect and that admiration of that great manager, a man who was a visionary...once you start blaming someone else, you are finished. I think fans who continue to support him are deluded...as an addictions counselor its liken to the heroin addict continuing to use knowing the devastation hes causing himself...Wenger supporters do the same but the difference is the addicts understand what the damage that drug is doing. Wenger supporters not so much.

Kano
19-01-2013, 03:32 PM
capello said something similar during his time as england boss didn't he?

Ollie the Optimist
19-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Heres a quote I read from Wenger after the City game and I forget if it was posted on here or not.

"The players are nervous because they feel the scepticism around the team. The players feel that they want to do well. They have a great desire to do well, so maybe they're a bit too anxious that that they don't respond completely to the expectation level of the crowd."

Who on earth says this? It's not the players fault for being unprepared, and it's certainly not my fault for them not being unprepared. It's the fans fault for having too high of an expectation level. The man has completely lost the plot. And some fans dont understand the criticism and the personal remarks aimed at Wenger - the guy has ZERO respect for the fans, none. The only voice he is hearing is the one of an old, stubborn, completely out of touch man who once was a great manager. Now, for me personally, I have lost the respect and that admiration of that great manager, a man who was a visionary...once you start blaming someone else, you are finished. I think fans who continue to support him are deluded...as an addictions counselor its liken to the heroin addict continuing to use knowing the devastation hes causing himself...Wenger supporters do the same but the difference is the addicts understand what the damage that drug is doing. Wenger supporters not so much.

the only reason are expectation levels are so high is because of him

however i think he has a point, 60,000 people screaming abuse at you can be off-putting espcially if you are off form. however, take wednesday for example, less crowd there but a more vocal one and a less agressive one, and it seemed better, the players responded to it. im not saying we cant moan, but when at a game, surely it benefits everyone more to cheer and shout for them for 90 minutes, then moan.

lets take ramsey for example, if he misses a chance, most of the crowd call him a **** and tell him to fuck off. if cazorla misses a chance, the crowd sing his name. surely taht cant help, that affects his performance

GP
19-01-2013, 04:20 PM
60,000 people screaming?

At the Emirates?

Ollie the Optimist
19-01-2013, 04:21 PM
60,000 people screaming?

At the Emirates?

:lol: true.

Mr. Lahey
19-01-2013, 05:13 PM
the only reason are expectation levels are so high is because of him

however i think he has a point, 60,000 people screaming abuse at you can be off-putting espcially if you are off form. however, take wednesday for example, less crowd there but a more vocal one and a less agressive one, and it seemed better, the players responded to it. im not saying we cant moan, but when at a game, surely it benefits everyone more to cheer and shout for them for 90 minutes, then moan.

lets take ramsey for example, if he misses a chance, most of the crowd call him a **** and tell him to fuck off. if cazorla misses a chance, the crowd sing his name. surely taht cant help, that affects his performance

listen, when you charge what they do for tickets, when you spout things out about being a big club, world class club, about 2% away from domination, not choosing to buy etc...you cannot expect anything less. the club, wenger have done it to themselves it has nothing to do with the fans and for him to make that comment is fucking arrogant. the abuse from fans, the reaction they get...thats not specific to Arsenal. Its part of what they signed up for when they signed these million dollar contracts. You want to collect that cheque from the fans DEAL with it, take on ownership for the results instead of passing the buck off on the people who pay your fucking salary.

Mr. Lahey
19-01-2013, 05:23 PM
and its not like the support has not been there. it has, its only now that Wenger is choosing, when its in his best interest, to highlight the lack of support for the pile of shit we watch week in and week out.

fakeyank
19-01-2013, 06:19 PM

:gp:

Özim
19-01-2013, 07:19 PM

Totally agree with this, it's not the fans fault he can't do his job properly, he'd do well to remember that he wouldn't have a job if the fans weren't lining his pockets...because that's where the money comes from.

I hate the way this guy shifts the blame to the fans, how often do you hear manager's blame the fans...pretty much never as most of the time they'd end up getting lynched.

He lives in his own deluded little world where his team are world class and 2% away from domination, he never actually see's what's actually right in front of his nose, if he did he'd wake up and see they're are 21 points behind the league leaders and actually closer to the relegation zone then the top of the league...as that's due to bad luck or the fans!

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-01-2013, 08:12 PM
I saw Wenger kissing Gaaaazidis....underneath the bronze statue of Henry!........sorry i know x-mas has been over a month almost.

V-Pig
19-01-2013, 09:45 PM
On the flip side of what Mr Lahey is saying, if the players are too deaf to criticism and full of self-belief, they turn into Walcott. Walcott thinks he's worth 100k a week, thinks he can take set pieces, thinks he's capable of shooting in situations other than just-inside-the-area-with-the-inside-of-his-foot and never looks suitably ashamed when he completely shits everything up.

Whilst the "Ramsey" mentality of crumbling under shitty abuse from your own fans isn't ideal, the arrogance of the "Walcott" mentality is far more frustrating for me, personally. At least we know Ramsey has some talent underneath all the flapping.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
19-01-2013, 10:00 PM
The atmosphere at the Emirates is terrible though.....and despite the fact that i can understand the fans frustration and apathy there is certainly no surprise that we have lost more games at home than away from home.....it's not quite as bad as Stamford Bridge where you can clearly see the negative behavior of the fans towards Benitez is having a detrimental effect on their home form.
I don't like the way the football club is being run but neither do i see any point in booing at a football ground, if you don't like what your seeing why go week in, week out....to be honest i have had plenty of opportunities to see Arsenal this season but frankly I don't want to because i find it a bit of a demoralizing experience...and not just because of the tripe that gets served up on the pitch.

Özim
19-01-2013, 10:13 PM
If you've paid for a season ticket you're not going to not bother turning up to be honest as that would be a waste of money. I think the performance and quality of the team is below par and the fan reaction is reflective of that, we sold our best player in the summer and showed our small time mentality. If you treat the fans like mugs don't expect them to be jumping for joy.

When you sell your best players, don't spend in the transfer market and give the fans little to cheer at you can't expect a great atmosphere, especially when you're charging sky high prices, it's the teams job to deliver, it's not up to the fans to make them believe they can do it....I'd say that's the manager's job if the players don't have it in them.

Maybe that's the problem rather than the fans, Wenger believes, but none of the players do.

Xhaka Can’t
19-01-2013, 11:44 PM
listen, when you charge what they do for tickets, when you spout things out about being a big club, world class club, about 2% away from domination, not choosing to buy etc...you cannot expect anything less. the club, wenger have done it to themselves it has nothing to do with the fans and for him to make that comment is fucking arrogant. the abuse from fans, the reaction they get...thats not specific to Arsenal. Its part of what they signed up for when they signed these million dollar contracts. You want to collect that cheque from the fans DEAL with it, take on ownership for the results instead of passing the buck off on the people who pay your fucking salary.

I'm just about to watch the Habs Leafs game, and I can't help thinking what kind of abuse an Arsenal crowd would heap on the Leafs. And man, whatever it is, those ****s would deserve it.

Xhaka Can’t
19-01-2013, 11:49 PM
On the flip side of what Mr Lahey is saying, if the players are too deaf to criticism and full of self-belief, they turn into Walcott. Walcott thinks he's worth 100k a week, thinks he can take set pieces, thinks he's capable of shooting in situations other than just-inside-the-area-with-the-inside-of-his-foot and never looks suitably ashamed when he completely shits everything up.

Whilst the "Ramsey" mentality of crumbling under shitty abuse from your own fans isn't ideal, the arrogance of the "Walcott" mentality is far more frustrating for me, personally. At least we know Ramsey has some talent underneath all the flapping.

Who the fuck calls Lahey "Mr. Lahey"? It's "Lahey" unless you're a pot bellied cheeseburger eating fag.

Xhaka Can’t
19-01-2013, 11:52 PM
The atmosphere at the Emirates is terrible though.....and despite the fact that i can understand the fans frustration and apathy there is certainly no surprise that we have lost more games at home than away from home.....it's not quite as bad as Stamford Bridge where you can clearly see the negative behavior of the fans towards Benitez is having a detrimental effect on their home form.
I don't like the way the football club is being run but neither do i see any point in booing at a football ground, if you don't like what your seeing why go week in, week out....to be honest i have had plenty of opportunities to see Arsenal this season but frankly I don't want to because i find it a bit of a demoralizing experience...and not just because of the tripe that gets served up on the pitch.

The atmosphere has been a long time coming. Many who bemoan the atmosphere, forget the patience the fans have shown this team through the years, And no one forgets or lacks appreciation of this more than Wenger.

Kano
19-01-2013, 11:52 PM

do you not think walcott is nominated for set pieces like arteta is for penalty kicks? apart from that, the rest of your post is completely absurd and quite sad.

GP
19-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Who the fuck calls Lahey "Mr. Lahey"? It's "Lahey" unless you're a pot bellied cheeseburger eating fag.

And he can teach how to get drunk, get fired from the police force become a... lousy trailer park supervisor that sucks, hangs around with a fuckin' idiot that doesn't wear a shirt and looks like a dick but thinks he looks good... 101.

Xhaka Can’t
19-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Is that cologne I smell? What about our no cologne agreement?

Joker
20-01-2013, 12:04 AM

Are you seriously implying that Walcott has no talent?

Özil's Panoramic View
20-01-2013, 12:14 AM

Should have been a sprinter, tbh.

Mr. Lahey
20-01-2013, 12:17 AM
And he can teach how to get drunk, get fired from the police force become a... lousy trailer park supervisor that sucks, hangs around with a fuckin' idiot that doesn't wear a shirt and looks like a dick but thinks he looks good... 101.

http://www.randomblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/mr-lahey-is-a-fucking-drunk_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

GP
20-01-2013, 12:19 AM
http://www.randomblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/mr-lahey-is-a-fucking-drunk_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs7/2421314_o.gif

Mr. Lahey
20-01-2013, 12:24 AM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs7/2421314_o.gif

http://www.randomblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/randy-bobandy_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

GP
20-01-2013, 12:26 AM
http://www.randomblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/randy-bobandy_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=442407&bbat=47407&inline

Mr. Lahey
20-01-2013, 12:36 AM
http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/?bb_attachments=442407&bbat=47407&inline

http://www.randomblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/bam_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

Cripps_orig
20-01-2013, 12:41 AM

That's almost up there with the "sir jack is worth more than theo on the basis of being injured for 18 months"

Almost but not quite.

Xhaka Can’t
20-01-2013, 12:51 AM
http://www.randomblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/bam_o_GIFSoup.com_.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNDwXkziJoo

It happened to me, it could happen to you.

GP
20-01-2013, 12:52 AM
Baaaaaaaaaam!

V-Pig
20-01-2013, 11:59 AM

Near-maximum marks to him for effort (unlike a couple of other members of the team) but natural-talent-wise, he's near the bottom of the pack. It often takes a lot of plugging-away and attempts for him to produce, although in fairness he does get more of these opportunities than others due to his work-rate. Combine his desire and pace with the natural talent/trickiness of Fat Fuck and you've got a perfect player.

V-Pig
20-01-2013, 12:03 PM
And many thanks to everyone else for their helpful replies. You guys. No wonder this place, like GP's bedroom closet, is full of new blood.

GP
20-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Full to overflowing.

Newguy
20-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Ramsey, unfortunately does not have any talent flapping under anywhere lol complete nonsense.....what a useless player.ive tried to get behind him but he's so far off the pace it's unreal. He should be trying to show what he can do in the middle once given the chance today, but he was lethargic, i just don't get it.

fakeyank
20-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Near-maximum marks to him for effort (unlike a couple of other members of the team) but natural-talent-wise, he's near the bottom of the pack. It often takes a lot of plugging-away and attempts for him to produce, although in fairness he does get more of these opportunities than others due to his work-rate. Combine his desire and pace with the natural talent/trickiness of Fat Fuck and you've got a perfect player.

If we had a perfect player in Walcott, he'd have been sold by now.. we have to make do with what we have and he is at this moment the best we have.

Ralpheroo72
22-01-2013, 11:43 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8426151/Arsene-Wenger-admits-Arsenal-have-missed-big-chance-to-win-Premier-League

This

Injury Time
22-01-2013, 11:46 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8426151/Arsene-Wenger-admits-Arsenal-have-missed-big-chance-to-win-Premier-League

This

Fucking ****

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2013, 11:47 PM

This

What happened? Did they find the bombs he planted on Utd's, City's and the Chavs planes?

Niall_Quinn
22-01-2013, 11:49 PM

This

"It should not be difficult but it will be tough."

LOL. It will be easy as fuck and impossible.

Özim
22-01-2013, 11:57 PM

This
:lol: We were never in a position to win anything this season, especially with a defence that is awful and has somehow got worse than last season and the sale of our best player and no goalscorer to replace him with.

Maybe he should build a decent team first then think about the championship, cos right now we're going backwards.

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2013, 12:00 AM
:lol: We were never in a position to win anything this season, especially with a defence that is awful and has somehow got worse than last season and the sale of our best player and no goalscorer to replace him with.

Maybe he should build a decent team first then think about the championship, cos right now we're going backwards.

I thought we were favourites to win it right up until the chavs game when it probably slipped away. Close though, very, very close.

Cripps_orig
Little bit embarrassing that Bradford have come as close as we have in winning a trophy as we have in 7 years

fakeyank

This

He really has lost it. I bet he surrounds himself with Yes men who keep singing his praises n making him believe that he is the greatest football manager. What a shame that a club of our statute has a crazy mad man like him as manager!

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2013, 12:02 AM
He really has lost it. I bet he surrounds himself with Yes men who keep singing his praises n making him believe that he is the greatest football manager. What a shame that a club of our statute has a crazy mad man like him as manager!

He's saying it specifically to wind you (in person) up. And you fall for it every time.

Özim
23-01-2013, 12:03 AM
I thought we were favourites to win it right up until the chavs game when it probably slipped away. Close though, very, very close.
Yeah that was the deal breaker, now we're 2% away. Might be a little too much, if only Diaby and Rosicky had stayed fit all season, one of life's mysteries that........you'd have never expected them to be injured.

fakeyank
23-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Little bit embarrassing that Bradford have come as close as we have in winning a trophy as we have in 7 years

Get back when Bradford will have won the Emirates Cup :p

Özil's Panoramic View
23-01-2013, 12:48 AM
What a deluded old bat. :haha:

Niall_Quinn
23-01-2013, 01:23 AM
What a deluded old bat. :haha:

Ignore him, he's American.

Alpha
23-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Even a blind man watching Arsenal can see that we desperately need a defensive midfielder . Wenger tried some internal options which are not working : Arteta has done a decent job but but showed he is not a long term solution . Frimpong is quite inexperienced . Coquelin is good but you can't give such a crucial role to such a young and inexperienced player . So , the only option left was to buy . We all know Arsene likes cheap players . Mapou Yanga Mbiwa from MonPellier is a very reliable defensive midfielder who can also play as a CB . He was available but Wenger didn't see him . Newcastle got him for 6millions only . Couldn't we afford him ? What kind of scouts report did Wenger need after what he showed us when we faced Monpellier in Champoins' League ?
Another reliable cheap option is Victor Wanyama from Celtic but apparently Fergie has personally scouted him . The boy is good and self-confessed gooner but again Arsene prefers to show us his stubbornness . Unless he intend to make TV5 a defensive midfielder and buy a better CB , I wonder what Wenger is up to .

Marc Overmars
23-01-2013, 06:46 PM
It would kill <insert any player>.

Alpha
23-01-2013, 07:03 PM
It would kill <insert any player>.
The funny thing is all players who could have been "killed" by us buying other players are up for sale but no one wants them : Chamakh on loan , Denilson on loan , Djourou on loan , Bendtner on loan and probably Arshavin and Squillaci will be next to be loaned . Does that giver him food for thought ?

Özil's Panoramic View
24-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Can we give Wenger some props for whatever he does or says to the team at halftime?

Kano
24-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Can we give Wenger some props for whatever he does or says to the team at halftime?

No that was down to Tony Adams.

And co.

GP
24-01-2013, 04:25 PM
No that was down to Tony Adams.

And co.

And broccoli.

Kano
24-01-2013, 04:31 PM

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-01-2013, 12:23 AM

McNamara That Ghost...
31-01-2013, 07:44 PM
He's at it again, saying that our defending is the price we pay for our philisophy (presumably he means attacking philosophy). :lol:

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2013, 07:47 PM
He's at it again, saying that our defending is the price we pay for our philisophy (presumably he means attacking philosophy). :lol:

What would you have him do exactly? Pay the price for proper defenders instead?

McNamara That Ghost...
31-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Don't worry, I wasn't thinking of anything as outlandish as that.

Marc Overmars
31-01-2013, 08:01 PM

I can see how Liverpool's first goal last night came about through us sticking to our guns and in no way related to the 87 chances we had to clear the ball.

Niall_Quinn
31-01-2013, 08:13 PM
I can see how Liverpool's first goal last night came about through us sticking to our guns and in no way related to the 87 chances we had to clear the ball.

It is easy to clear the ball, everyone can do that. Not so easy to resist clearing it. Mental toughness is required, especially when 60,000 people start laughing at you.

Cripps_orig
15-02-2013, 11:42 PM
15 February 2013 17:28
Arsenal were interested in Varane before he joined Real Madrid - Wenger

The 63-year-old reveals that the Gunners were looking into the possibility of buying the French defender before he moved to the Spanish champions in the summer of 2011

Arsene Wenger has revealed that he wanted to sign Raphael Varane for Arsenal before the French defender decided to join Real Madrid.

The 19-year-old moved to the Santiago Bernabeu from Ligue 1 side Lens in the summer of 2011 and has become a top performer for the Spanish champions since, earning his first international cap for France in the process.

But Wenger has admitted that things could have turned out very differently for the centre-back had the Gunners acted on ther interest to acquire his signature.

"He was at Lens and we might well have caught him there," the Gunners boss explained to Eurosport. "You have to ask yourself why this player is not playing for Arsenal.

"I'm happy for him because he's carving out a role at one of the world's best clubs. [Madrid coach Jose] Mourinho has chosen him to step in.

"It was a risk for Real Madrid to sign him at his age but, when you have such talent, you can overcome everything. His next challenge is managing the increased media exposure on him, especially now he is in the French national side."

Varane has made 20 appearances for Real Madrid this season, scoring once – his side's only goal in their 1-1 first-leg draw in the semi-final of the Copa del Rey against Barcelona.

Another one to add to the we nearly got him list. Can add Bale to that as well after Wengers recent comments

Cripps_orig
18-02-2013, 01:10 AM
ARSENAL are preparing to offer Arsene Wenger a two-year contract extension.
Fans turned on the Gunners boss following Saturday’s shock FA Cup KO by Blackburn at the Emirates.
But the under-fire Frenchman has hinted he wants to stay to reach two decades in the hotseat, ending all talk he will go when his deal runs out in June 2014.
Wenger’s future has been in doubt after eight trophy-less seasons and last autumn he knocked back an informal approach from the club to arrange talks.
But there has been fresh impetus in the boardroom to keep hold of the manager and develop a team to take advantage of the new financial fair play rules, which start to bite in two seasons’ time.
Wenger, whose £7million-a-year salary makes him one of the highest-paid bosses in world football, has indicated to insiders he would be prepared to sit down for talks. And that could see him signing fresh terms before the summer.
Arsenal’s renewed commitment to Wenger could be viewed as a surprise. But is a clear show the Emirates powerbrokers retain faith he is the man to restore the club to its former glories.
Wenger has been at the club since October 1996 and has won three titles and four FA Cups — although there has been no major trophy since their Millennium Stadium triumph over Manchester United in 2005.
The news comes at a time when his stock with the fans is at the lowest ebb of his 17-year reign.
Arsenal’s last hope of any silverware this season is the Champions League. But they face German giants Bayern Munich in the last 16 with the first leg at home tomorrow night.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4800044/Arsene-Wenger-set-to-be-offered-2-year-new-Arsenal-contract.html#ixzz2LD04Hvzj

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
18-02-2013, 01:22 AM
oh ffs

Niall_Quinn
18-02-2013, 01:47 AM

That should coincide nicely with Stan hitting the exit with a bag stuffed full of cash. Trouble with fans is they keep looking at this from a football perspective. Which is just crazy at a club like Arsenal.

Özil's Panoramic View
18-02-2013, 01:52 AM
Oh dear.

Arsenal :rose:

Marc Overmars
18-02-2013, 08:29 AM
I can just see him now signing that new deal with the troll grin on his face.

Özim
18-02-2013, 09:33 AM
I can really see this happening, the club would love stick two fingers up at the fans once again.

Cripps_orig
20-02-2013, 11:08 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21521390

:doh:

How is it short term?

Özil's Panoramic View
20-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Can't imagine any of these dross wanting Wenger to be sacked.

Özim
21-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Probably what everyone already knew, we're never going to see the back of this f*cker:

Arsene Wenger will attend Arsenal's monthly board meeting on Thursday but his future is not on the agenda.

It is understood the club have no intention of sacking Wenger, even if they fail to qualify for next season's Champions League.

The manager retains the unequivocal support of majority shareholder Stan Kroenke and his fellow directors.

Kroenke was at Tuesday's 3-1 Champions League defeat against Bayern Munich and is attending the board meeting.

Any decision over Wenger's future rests with the Frenchman himself - he is under contract until 2014 and Arsenal would be prepared to offer him a new deal if he wants to extend a reign that began in 1996.

There will be no out-of-the-ordinary show of support at the board meeting because the support is already there - Wenger and the board are united and agreed on what they are trying to achieve and what needs to be done to get there.

They recognise the shortcomings of the team and understand the concern of Arsenal supporters, but the club are adamant they are putting the structures in place to compete with Europe's biggest teams in the near future.

Arsenal are facing a battle to qualify for next season's Champions League. They lie fifth in the Premier League, four points adrift of the final qualification spot, which is currently occupied by neighbours Tottenham.

They have not won a trophy since beating Manchester United on penalties to lift the FA Cup in 2005, and hopes of silverware this season have all but disappeared.

Wenger's side were knocked out of the Capital One Cup in a penalty shoot-out by League Two side Bradford in December, and were beaten in the FA Cup at home by Championship Blackburn last Saturday.

Their chances of reaching the Champions League quarter-finals were severely dented when they suffered a 3-1 first-leg defeat at home to Bayern Munich in their last-16 tie on Tuesday.

Arsenal's move from Highbury to Emirates Stadium in 2006 restricted their spending power - and they did not anticipate the effect that cash-rich clubs such as Chelsea and Manchester City would have on football's markets.

But the first instalment of a new shirt sponsorship deal will contribute to a fund of around £70m for new signings this summer.

The club will be boosted by the fresh Premier League TV deals, which will give each club around an extra £30m per season from this summer.

They are also expected to move on a number of fringe players to free up money for new signings, with Andrey Arshavin and Sebastien Squillaci out of contract at the end of the season and Marouane Chamakh and Nicklas Bendtner also likely to leave.

Arsenal's pursuit of Barcelona striker David Villa in the January transfer window - which came to nothing because the Catalan club refused to sell - indicate they are ready to spend significantly.

The Gunners hierarchy are confident they have the resources to attract top-quality signings even if they miss out on next season's Champions League, although accept that would make the task harder.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21530212

-Xs-
22-02-2013, 02:43 AM
I don't think he will sign again. I reckon he'll see out his contract and that will be that.

fakeyank
22-02-2013, 08:33 AM
I can really see this happening, the club would love stick two fingers up at the fans once again.

May be raise ticket prices the season after next too... just to fuck with the fans! :lol:

Kano
22-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Asked directly if he had considered his position this week, Wenger replied: "Never. Not one second. I don't think that [motivation] spark has anything to do with the length of your life. It is just that's how you are and you're motivated by how much you want to win and how much you are a winner.

"If I go out now and play one against one with you, you will see I will beat you and at least if I don't manage to beat you, I will want to beat you. That will not change as long as I can move."

Wenger believes there needs to be a sense of "perspective" around achievements at the Emirates Stadium, with Arsenal having continued to qualify for the Champions League despite testing financial circumstances.

"We live in a world of emotion, of excess, and it is down to people who have responsibilities to put that into perspective and keep solid and keep guiding the club in the right way," said Wenger, whose side will look to maintain their improving Premier League form at home to struggling Aston Villa on Saturday.

"My responsibility is to keep the guidelines and guide the team and the club in what I feel is the right way. What is important for me is to focus on the next game and try to give my best, like all the players."

"I have a contract until the end of 2014 and at the moment we are on a short-term plan. This is for two reasons, because I am here for a long time and as well I have to consider what I want to do. That will be decided in 2014, not before."

great news

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
22-02-2013, 01:31 PM
why is he attending board meetings? what manager in the footballing world is allowed to do that? he's basically a board member ffs

Letters
22-02-2013, 01:53 PM
I was amused by The Tuesday Club this week when Alan Davies said that Wenger's like one of those old men who you see in shops saying "how much? In my day bread was 2 and 6...", or whatever.

"£25 million? In my day..."

and so on.

Özim
22-02-2013, 02:28 PM
great news
Fantastic, we can start getting excited about the summer transfer window.

IBK
22-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Probably what everyone already knew, we're never going to see the back of this f*cker:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21530212

No surprise. At what other club in the world would he enjoy such unrivalled dominance/control - and influence at board level as well - to go with massive wages that are higher than any of his players? In a certain sense, Arsenal is Wenger's club almost to the degree that the Chavs are Abramovic's. Wenger is the absolute master of spin, and there is no doubt that he feels that we should be delighted, and grateful to have him.

Kano
22-02-2013, 03:10 PM
from my understanding, it is standard practice for managers to present a review of the squad and season to the board every year. perhaps even more than once, i'm not sure. so in that regard, there is nothing out of the ordinary.

however all the other shit he may be discussing should be off his agenda.

Cripps_orig
22-02-2013, 03:13 PM
So possibly one more season of this shit before he leaves?

Letters
22-02-2013, 03:52 PM
So possibly one more season of this shit before he leaves?
And then all will be smiles and sunshine and the treble will doubtless be ours

Cripps_orig
22-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Not necessarily but it gives the fans something that has been sucked out of us.

And that is hope.

I just hope that the damage Wenger has done can be fixed.

LDG
22-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Not necessarily but it gives the fans something that has been sucked out of us.

And that is hope.

I just hope that the damage Wenger has done can be fixed.

Would you trade the invincibles season, to see the back of Wenget :popcorn:

Letters
22-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Agree (for once) with Cripps about hope.
Right now there's no realistic chance of trophies and it is endless Groundhog Day.
I don't think things will magically get better post-Wenger, they may get worse, but change we need.

Cripps_orig
22-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Would you trade the invincibles season, to see the back of Wenget :popcorn:

Would I trade that season to ensure Arsenal didn't turn to shit as they have done now?

Yes

Cripps_orig
22-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Right now there's no realistic chance of trophies and it is endless Groundhog Day.
I don't think things will magically get better post-Wenger, they may get worse, but change we need.

As a great man once said,

http://youtu.be/E8HnGLHDdXg

First 4 seconds

Xhaka Can’t
22-02-2013, 08:17 PM
why is he attending board meetings? what manager in the footballing world is allowed to do that? he's basically a board member ffs

It is common place.

Many people other than Board members attend meetings to deliver presentations, progress reports or be called to account. In many instances non Board members will attend only for certain agenda items. Non Board members will be asked to leave for closed sessions - some closed sessions may also exclude some Board members where a conflict of interest ecists or is declared, etc.

There is no need to be outraged by what is standard practice.

Cripps_orig
22-02-2013, 08:28 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=3772368

Wtf

What a ****. He's right but he has no right to talk about Wenger like that.

Sad how Wenger has become a joke figure in football

Xhaka Can’t
22-02-2013, 09:17 PM
He may want to win, but he isn't fucking going to.

Kano
22-02-2013, 10:13 PM
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/3688?cc=5739

bit long but an excellent article that details things most of us here agree on.

Cripps_orig
22-02-2013, 11:22 PM
I actually read all of that.

I must be bored

It had Diaby and Arteta as Transfer Hits rather than misses :lol:

Ollie the Optimist
23-02-2013, 12:20 AM

I wonder though if a new owner/board with a clear vision laid out to us, money provided etc would create hope with wenger still in charge.

While I think his time is up I don't think hope returns within him going on his own.

Ollie the Optimist
23-02-2013, 12:20 AM

Wtf

I think the bigger joke is spending a billion pounds and finishing bottom of your champions league group for two years running

The Emirates Gallactico
23-02-2013, 12:28 AM
No surprise. At what other club in the world would he enjoy such unrivalled dominance/control - and influence at board level as well - to go with massive wages that are higher than any of his players? In a certain sense, Arsenal is Wenger's club almost to the degree that the Chavs are Abramovic's. Wenger is the absolute master of spin, and there is no doubt that he feels that we should be delighted, and grateful to have him.

Plus aside for the Arabs in Manchester, no one else would pay him 7 million a year for his services. Not that I believe Wenger is too preoccupied with how own personal finances but it has to be a factor in his decision making process. He knows he isn't going to get a nice fat contract anywhere else for his services.

Wtf

Don't think Mancini of all people can criticise others. Still it shows how bad things are when he feels safe to take popshots at Wenger.

Cripps_orig
23-02-2013, 12:41 AM
I think the bigger joke is spending a billion pounds and finishing bottom of your champions league group for two years running

Neither have Man City

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-02-2013, 10:48 AM
It is common place.

Many people other than Board members attend meetings to deliver presentations, progress reports or be called to account. In many instances non Board members will attend only for certain agenda items. Non Board members will be asked to leave for closed sessions - some closed sessions may also exclude some Board members where a conflict of interest ecists or is declared, etc.

There is no need to be outraged by what is standard practice.

it isnt standard practice in the footballing world hence why i specifically said 'footballing world'.

fergie doesnt attend them, mourinho doesnt attend them and neither does mick mccarthy. so i dont see why wenger should.

Letters
23-02-2013, 10:51 AM
How do you know who attends board meetings at which clubs? :unsure:

Marc Overmars
23-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Wenget being trolled by Mancini?

:rose:

Xhaka Can’t
23-02-2013, 11:14 AM
it isnt standard practice in the footballing world hence why i specifically said 'footballing world'.

fergie doesnt attend them, mourinho doesnt attend them and neither does mick mccarthy. so i dont see why wenger should.

It is common place and quite rightly too - the Manager will report to the board and be held to account. There is a difference between attending a board and being a member of the board.

If anything, if I was producing the results that Wenger has been serving up of late, I'd fucking dread an appearance before the Board.

Özim
23-02-2013, 11:36 AM
If anything, if I was producing the results that Wenger has been serving up of late, I'd fucking dread an appearance before the Board.
I wouldn't, it would probably be another praising session explaining how great a job is being done and how happy they are with a good chance of a pay rise on top.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-02-2013, 12:43 PM
It is common place and quite rightly too - the Manager will report to the board and be held to account. There is a difference between attending a board and being a member of the board.

reporting to the board and attending board meetings are two totally different things. every manager in the world reports to the board through meetings specifically set up for that agenda, but attending a board meeting specifically FOR the board is different. and thats why wenger ultimately has more control.

Letters
23-02-2013, 12:45 PM
How do you know who attends board meetings at which clubs? :unsure:
:gp:

Xhaka Can’t
23-02-2013, 01:22 PM
reporting to the board and attending board meetings are two totally different things. every manager in the world reports to the board through meetings specifically set up for that agenda, but attending a board meeting specifically FOR the board is different. and thats why wenger ultimately has more control.

I have attended Board meetings for seven or eight different organisations and was a member of none of those boards. For some I was there for the entire meetings, for others I attended for specific agenda items. I also attend the Audit Committees for those Boards. The Audit Committee is a sub committee of the Board. At the audit committees I also have the opportunity to request a closed session with the members of the AC. I've never exercised that option.

I could however just send papers to the Board, but that would inhibit discussion and delay the answering of any questions they may have on the material. So for issues that are complex or strategically important, the Board will call me and/or others to attend.

Attending the board and being a member of the board are two entirely different things. As I said, your outrage in this is misplaced.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-02-2013, 02:03 PM
yeah thanks for taking the opportunity to try and big yourself up but as i mentioned in my original post and also my second post, none of your business tosh relates to the footballing world, which i was specifically referring to.

but you can ignore that for a third consecutive time and keep making misguided points. actually keep going until you hit 4, we'll pretend we're playing connect four.

LDG
23-02-2013, 02:44 PM

So you think Stan, billionnaire, tycoon, businessman and clearly ruthless to absolute fuck, entertains Wenger?

Xhaka Can’t
23-02-2013, 02:44 PM
yeah thanks for taking the opportunity to try and big yourself up but as i mentioned in my original post and also my second post, none of your business tosh relates to the footballing world, which i was specifically referring to.

but you can ignore that for a third consecutive time and keep making misguided points. actually keep going until you hit 4, we'll pretend we're playing connect four.

I'm pointing out how wrong you are. The fact that Clubs have boards mean they are carrying out the functions of a board - this should not really need to be explained. The board then whether it is a board of a football club, bank, government department, retailer or whatever can then call whoever it wants to attend that board. It is good practice to have employeees, particularly senior employees called to appear before the board, report to, account for activities or advise the board to support its decision making responsibilities.

Who else other than the Manager in control of your multi million pound assts (Arsenal's values not mine) to report to the Board? I'd be fucking gobsmacked if other managers never attended their club's board meetings. And as has already been established - Wenger ATTENDS board meetings but IS NOT on the Board and therefore plays no part in the board's decision making capacity other than to provide his advice to it.

Also you did also mention Boards in general in one of your posts, and tried to explain (wrongly) what it meant when Wenger attended Board meetings. But no matter.

Your outrage is misplaced.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-02-2013, 03:20 PM
So you think Stan, billionnaire, tycoon, businessman and clearly ruthless to absolute fuck, entertains Wenger?

eh? what on earth are you on about now?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-02-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm pointing out how wrong you are. The fact that Clubs have boards mean they are carrying out the functions of a board - this should not really need to be explained. The board then whether it is a board of a football club, bank, government department, retailer or whatever can then call whoever it wants to attend that board. It is good practice to have employeees, particularly senior employees called to appear before the board, report to, account for activities or advise the board to support its decision making responsibilities.

Who else other than the Manager in control of your multi million pound assts (Arsenal's values not mine) to report to the Board? I'd be fucking gobsmacked if other managers never attended their club's board meetings. And as has already been established - Wenger ATTENDS board meetings but IS NOT on the Board and therefore plays no part in the board's decision making capacity other than to provide his advice to it.

Also you did also mention Boards in general in one of your posts, and tried to explain (wrongly) what it meant when Wenger attended Board meetings. But no matter.

Your outrage is misplaced.

you're overanalysing everything as usual.

we have board meetings.

wenger attends them.

they are for the board and not the manager.

but at our club the manager attends.

shows his control compared to managers at other clubs.

simple.

Xhaka Can’t
23-02-2013, 03:26 PM
you're overanalysing everything as usual.

we have board meetings.

wenger attends them.

they are for the board and not the manager.

but at our club the manager attends.

shows his control compared to managers at other clubs.

simple.

Nope I replied in simple terms to this:

And you can't grasp the concept of a Board.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
23-02-2013, 03:45 PM
you didn't provide an answer. you gave me your life story about attending a meeting for tesco or wherever it is you work.

he attends board meetings. is he a board member? no.

he's the manager. he shouldnt be attending board meetings specifically set up for the board.

GP
23-02-2013, 03:46 PM
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/73683/2256672-this_thread_just_went_full_retard.jpg

Özil's Panoramic View
23-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Common place really for managers, or in most cases general managers (exactly what Wenger would be called outside of a football club and in a corporate setting) to attend Board meetings.

Xhaka Can’t
23-02-2013, 04:20 PM
you didn't provide an answer. you gave me your life story about attending a meeting for tesco or wherever it is you work.

he attends board meetings. is he a board member? no.

he's the manager. he shouldnt be attending board meetings specifically set up for the board.

Yes he should be attending the regularly scheduled board meetings. An earlier post explained clearly how these meetings could be organized. Right down to individual agenda items.

You clearly don't understand how Boards tend to operate and are arguing for the sake of it from a fairly uninformed position.

I suggest you look up some Board ToRs. They are widely available on the internet.

Özil's Panoramic View
23-02-2013, 06:34 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2282741/Arsene-Wenger-talks-Nicolas-Sarkozy-PSG-job.html

Please, please let this be true :pray:

Globalgunner
23-02-2013, 06:40 PM
All this illustrates is the irrelevance of Gazidis. Wenger SHOULD be reporting to Gazidis and Gazidis to the board. In most organisations non directors just make presentations to the BOD as at when required. This cannot be called attending board meetings. You say your piece, get commended or get torn a new arsehole.

BTW Gazidis is an Arsehole, collecting a bumper salary for saying yessir to Wenger instead of kicking his skinny butt

The Emirates Gallactico
23-02-2013, 07:11 PM
He's not leaving for at least 18 months at the very minimum. Get used to it folks. Board are too spineless and indebted to him to even dare offer a critique to him let alone fire him and he won't walk away from 7 million a year willingly. Would you?

On the subject of Ivan Gazidis, anyone on here followed Keith Dover's advice and sent him some string? Anyone got his address?

Xhaka Can’t
23-02-2013, 08:10 PM
On the subject of Ivan Gazidis, anyone on here followed Keith Dover's advice and sent him some string? Anyone got his address?

1060 West Addison. :good:

Özim
25-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Wenger still reckons we can get top two, I don't think that's possible but 3rd place is feasible. The funny thing is if we got 3rd/4th on paper it would look like a good season, however on the pitch it's been pretty awful, what it would do is just reenforce the board and Wenger's belief that we're a fantastic side.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21572865

Chelsea made a big mistake by getting rid of Di Matteo and bringing in Benitez, the former had done a great job and the latter really has done poorly. Spurs, well AVB in in charge and he's rubbish (failed miserably at Chelsea which takes some doing), Bale has been exceptional for them but with a decent manager who know where they would be this season.

Marc Overmars
25-02-2013, 01:30 PM
2nd? :lol:

That's just WUMger being WUMger.

3rd is up for grabs though. Yay.

Fist of Lehmann
25-02-2013, 01:35 PM
We have Rafa to thank for even being anywhere near.

FACHT.

Rafa :bow:

Grebbo
25-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Gotta love Rafa. Him playing full strength teams in the Europa League plus the fans hatred for him making it difficult for them to play their home games could really help us out. I would't be surprised to see JT as player manager with five games to go.

Spurs are an injury to Bale away from falling away, no doubt about it. Trouble is we're in the same situation with Wilshere.

Having said the above I think this season is the season we miss out on top 4. We deserve to miss out by showing zero ambition every summer. You'd have thought nearly missing out last season was a warning sign to spend big.

The Emirates Gallactico
25-02-2013, 03:21 PM
2nd? :lol:

That's just WUMger being WUMger.

3rd is up for grabs though. Yay.

Yeah I think this is just Wenger trolling back Mancini after Mancini's previous comments last week about how he actually wants to win things unlike Wenger.

2nd is too far gone. 3rd is our most optimistic bet however this is all under the assumption that we've turned the corner and have another row of humiliating losses in the PL.

hobson's choice
25-02-2013, 07:46 PM
We have Rafa to thank for even being anywhere near.

FACHT.

Rafa :bow:

Wenger really must have sold his soul to devil to be this stinking lucky. Every season since 2004-2005(barring he 07/08 season), he manages to eek out a CL spot, because of someone else's incompetence or some fluke shit.:haha::haha:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
25-02-2013, 09:10 PM
chelsea were 4 points off the top when rafa took over.

now 19.

#agentrafa :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
25-02-2013, 10:10 PM
They were five points ahead, in first when Di Matteo was there, then they weren't.

It's a Chelsea thing, though Rafa being the one to come in helps.

Nayan
01-03-2013, 01:16 PM
last time I saw an overcoat that stupid it was wandering along the banks of the river when seven fat cows came out of the nile.
uh-huh-huh

Özim
01-03-2013, 01:44 PM

Özim
03-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Get slaughtering people, the guy is clueless another massive fail today.

Özil's Panoramic View
03-03-2013, 06:07 PM
He has spent tens of millions an absolute shitte players whilst seeling off out talented players.

Which other manager at a top club would be in the same job after 8 years of winning fuck all?

GTFO Wenger.

You're a relic living on past glory, something which is fast becoming faded memory.

Cripps_orig
03-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Go now

Give the new manager 10 odd games to check the squad out and to improve where needed in the summer

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Judge him when the season is over.

Our season is now over. Wenger out. And everyone else at the club except jack. Seriously. They are stinking up the p,ace. Get out.

Jenks can stay.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Where is his post match interview? Do the fans not even get an explanation for those shit subs? Or a apology?

Marc Overmars
03-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Hopefully he is readying his resignation speech. :pray:

Dennis Bendtner
03-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Press conference at 7

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 06:40 PM
He must know the fans are fucked off. He can't be bothered to say a word? Not even PHW to thank us for our interest in the match?

Cripps_orig
03-03-2013, 06:43 PM
He's on ssn

Dennis Bendtner
03-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: "Suddenly we were 2-0 down after a tight opening. We were on top of the game when we conceded two goals. My team produced a lot of energy and desire but we were not decisive enough in either penalty area.

"We played offside at the back when we shouldn't have done it. I feel sorry for the team and the fans. It's difficult to swallow.

"We have to fight. It will be difficult to come in the top four now as we dropped points we couldn't afford to drop."

"I have made 50,000 substitutions in my career. I must tell you, Niall Quinn can get fucked."

Interesting

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Here he is.

Good energy levels.

Made it difficult for ourselves in the first half.

Dominated the second half.

Spuds broke up the game with fouls.

Very frustrating but we keep going and you never know.

Would be terrible not to continue to fight like mad.

What we saw today was repeated in all the big games.

Don't know how that affects CL spot.

Not efficient in decisive zones.

Giroud is shit, actually he said we missed chances.

There is no gap based on the game today.

Knows nothing about big investor.

Nothing to do with financial affairs, he just focuses on his job.

Niall_Quinn
03-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Interesting

He didn't say that about me, I just watched it.

Master Splinter
03-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Made it difficult for ourselves in the first half.

What we saw today was repeated in all the big games.

Not efficient in decisive zones.

He is an incisive WUM.

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
03-03-2013, 11:54 PM
we're dying a slow death here. just put an end to it.

wenger fuck off.

Niall_Quinn
07-03-2013, 08:20 PM
ARSENE WENGER fears another defeat to Bayern Munich could spark a devastating Premier League meltdown.

Arsenal are trailing 3-1 to the German giants ahead of next week’s Champions League last-16 second leg in Munich.

And Wenger admits he is not even thinking about victory — only the potential damage of a further heavy defeat.

The Gunners boss said: “I am not worried about us potentially coming back against Bayern, I am more worried about consequences that could manifest in the heads of our players.

“You will never know how they can absorb those blows and how the team respond to disappointment. This is the most worrying aspect for me.

“But from the experience of how to handle the end of the season, we know how to deal with that. We have had lots of experience.

“Of course, you are not feeling great if you can’t win, but we can stay solid or crack under the pressure.

“If you want to know, I am still solid but I can’t tell you that I feel great right now because my job is about winning games and when you lose you will not find a single coach in this world who feels very good.”

Wenger’s amazing 15-year unbroken record of Champions League football is under serious threat with Arsenal five points behind fourth-placed Chelsea.

And he added: “We are in a situation right now where our objective is just to qualify for the Champions League — so we can’t drop points any more.

“Contrary to our two cup defeats we are on a good run in the Premier League actually :wacko: — with the two big blows in just three days in the cups.

“We need to recover, and that will define the rest of our season.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4829825/Arsene-Wenger-fears-Premier-League-meltdown.html#ixzz2Mt2wBLT9

Have they chopped up several interviews, misquoted him, or did he really just treat us all to one of his more looney interviews? He doesn't make a blind bit of sense any more. In the past you could sort of dig out his points, but is he really going for mind games here? Against a team that will beat us in neutral with the handbrake on and a winter cover spread over the car?

Good run in the league? Having just lost to our local rivals in the most crucial game of the season so far? Let's pray we don't hit a bad patch then.

Cripps_orig
11-03-2013, 01:00 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4834864/Arsene-Wenger-was-target-for-Bayern-Munich-Uli-Hoeness.html

Ffs

Cripps_orig
11-03-2013, 01:00 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4834864/Arsene-Wenger-was-target-for-Bayern-Munich-Uli-Hoeness.html

Ffs

McNamara That Ghost...
10-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Soon to be the most successful active manager in the league. :bow:

Ah crap, slaughterhouse.

Wenger. :lol:

What a douche.

GP
10-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Wenger :haha:

I hope Puma make them long-ass coats.

McNamara That Ghost...
10-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Pumas do have long-ass coats.

fakeyank
10-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Is the puma deal official?

Niall_Quinn
10-05-2013, 07:51 PM

The public part of it is.

milla
10-05-2013, 09:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryqda-Lo4cU

Bangla gooners, the first in our Puma kit. :bow:

:coffee:

Munchies
10-05-2013, 09:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryqda-Lo4cU

Bangla gooners, the first with our new kit. :bow:

:coffee:

Gave it a minute... lost it at Jingle Bells :haha:

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
12-05-2013, 03:03 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8708662/Arsenal-boss-Arsene-Wenger-rejects-rumours-linking-him-with-PSG

turn into a thief please.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Did he tell me he was retiring when we spoke about RVP deal? I can't tell you that. I will one day.

Getting harder to tell if that is actually Wenger or the media have tapped up MS for exclusives.

Marc Overmars
13-05-2013, 09:39 AM
So RVC was Wenget's retirement gift to Fergie?

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Quite possibly. Another chapter for Wenget's book.

Niall_Quinn
13-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Can Wenger get into the top 4 on the bestseller list with his biography?

Marc Overmars
13-05-2013, 09:41 AM
A bottle of wine would have sufficed.

Wenget's gonna Wenget though.

McNamara That Ghost...
13-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Only WUMger would let someone have a retirement present that costs them £24 million to receive.

Cripps_orig
17-05-2013, 05:23 PM
17 May 2013 16:36
Wenger: Arsenal not that far from Chelsea & Manchester City
By Sam Lee

The Frenchman believes his side are closing the gap on the top places, and also hailed their mental strength to hold the advantage over Tottenham going into the final day

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says the Gunners are not "not far" from Manchester City and Chelsea as the club prepare for their final game of the season against Newcastle.

Wenger's side travel to St James' Park knowing that victory will secure them Champions League football for a 16th consecutive season, even if Tottenham beat Sunderland.

And the Frenchman, who is pleased to have the initiative going into the final day, believes his men can challenge for the top places next season.

"We are not far from Manchester City, we are not far from Chelsea," he said at his weekly press conference.

The Gunners trailed rivals Spurs by seven points following defeat in March's north London derby, and Wenger has hailed his squad for making up the gap in recent weeks.

"Having been seven points behind, we are happy [the race for a top-four finish] goes to the last day," he added.

"I said that to the players, that we would have a great second half of the season. It's always down to mental strength in our job and we responded. I must give my players huge credit.

"The pressure is big but I always say the worst thing in my job is to play games without pressure. It's boring."

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew risked the wrath of Tottenham last weekend when, after securing his side's Premier League safety, he claimed that he did not care if Arsenal won 4-0.

But Wenger believes the Magpies will put up a fight, and that their manager's words came out in the heat of the moment.

"I take it as the relief of being safe, then the reality kicks in. You have take a bit of distance with that," he added.

Wenger also admitted that Mikel Arteta will face a late fitness test ahead of Sunday's game.

Delusion :bow:

Özil's Panoramic View
17-05-2013, 05:26 PM
2% away from City and Chavs I reckon.

Niall_Quinn
17-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Chavs and city are under performing so it's probably right we are closer to city and we already beat the chavs last year and could squeak past them again. So yes, some teams are declining at a faster rate than we are and I guess a person could take a very dishonest view and interpret it as us improving. We are a shit team with a lot of shit players (by comparison to proper teams of the past). But that's true of the whole PL really.

Injury Time
17-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Delusion :bow:
Is he coming back from his loan spell?

McNamara That Ghost...
03-06-2013, 11:48 AM
http://www.en.aljazeerasport.tv/OurProgrammes/clip/2216730

WUMger video interview that Munchies mentioned in the Random thread. Very good in fairness.

Cripps_orig
29-07-2013, 07:03 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/article?contentId=4151255

He admits his way has been a failure

Power n Glory
29-07-2013, 07:35 PM
The Premier League's longest-serving manager was open in a recent Q&A session in Japan as he discussed the club's focus on youth development

Arsene Wenger has admitted Arsenal’s focus on promising youngsters has contributed to the departure of key players in the past.

The north London side's failure to win silverware since 2005 has attributed to the sale of key players - such as Cesc Fabregas to Barcelona and Robin van Persie to Manchester United.

And Wenger has admitted he feels players have questioned his methods at periods during their ongoing eight-year trophy drought, both in the squad and potential new recruits.

"The egos are big, but you must know that a person, no matter how big a star he is, is ready to listen to you if it meets his needs," he explained.

"Unfortunately in management, you cannot cheat for a long time. When you are in a squad of 30 people, the players detect at a huge speed the weakness in your personality. If they think you are the man who can help them, they will respect you.

"The next step for them is deciding whether they are in a squad who can help them to be successful. We had that problem when we were under financially-restricted conditions.

"At Arsenal we have fought against the policy of only buying stars. For some players, we didn't have enough stars to be successful as quickly as they wanted to be."

The arrival of Patrick Vieira in 1996 began a succession of youthful stars who went on to great success - including the likes of Thierry Henry, Fabregas and Van Persie - and Wenger says a player's success is just as much down to mental strength than potential talent.

"One of our strengths is young people know we will give them a chance. We try to look all over the world to find players who have the talent and desire," he explained.

"But what we look for is their motivation to be successful. You also need consistency in your motivation and that is what we try to test in players as well.

"For me that is a very underrated quality. It means they are determined and they are ready to hurt themselves to be successful, and that's the type we are looking for - the people that are very demanding with themselves, and each other for a long time."

Very insightful.

Özim
29-07-2013, 07:53 PM
That's worked out well hasn't it this looking for motivation to be successful, in looking for this he's discovered a bunch of bottlers who are incapable of winning. A job well done I'd say.

Power n Glory
29-07-2013, 07:54 PM
"But what we look for is their motivation to be successful. You also need consistency in your motivation and that is what we try to test in players as well.

"For me that is a very underrated quality. It means they are determined and they are ready to hurt themselves to be successful, and that's the type we are looking for - the people that are very demanding with themselves, and each other for a long time."

He's spent far too long testing and that statement there explains why he'll give terrible players game after game. It's so sad, because right there, for all the years of putting up with crap like Denilson, Djourou, Hoyte, Bendy...etc it's resulted in us losing great players like Henry, Cesc and RVP who start to question his methods. It's utter madness. We've ended up losing out on both ends because of his ego and stubborn ways.

Ollie the Optimist
29-07-2013, 08:14 PM
That's worked out well hasn't it this looking for motivation to be successful, in looking for this he's discovered a bunch of bottlers who are incapable of winning. A job well done I'd say.

he also discovered a bunch who went unbeaten. swings and roundabouts really

Özim
29-07-2013, 08:17 PM
he also discovered a bunch who went unbeaten. swings and roundabouts really
I think the youth policy started roundabout 2006 in reality, so no.