PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 05:21 PM
You've changed your tune.

Standards are higher since the Schweinsteiger signing.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Good info :good:.

But I meant more in terms of the social ramifications.

I know:)

but I thought I would give you some to chew on
while I go running up and down the street waving the Korean flag and singing their anthem
in order to see what the reaction is.........

TBH there will be very little reaction here to us signing a Korean in the papers.......but remember UTD's Park was playing in Kyoto before moving to Holland and he was very well liked
The Koreans made the jump in mass first to Europe.......and I think Japan was happy to see an Asian do well first and moreover as he played for a Japanese team.......that sentiment died once Nakata made the leap and any Koreans playing in Europe were ignored

Master Splinter
27-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Ryo to take out Park in the first training session then?

Japan Shaking All Over
27-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Standards are higher since the Schweinsteiger signing.

yeah heard he is doing well for Monterrey Rattlesnakes

seriously as much as I think we should be giving Young a chance......we could look at NQ's latest flame and the other German Poldolski

Japan Shaking All Over
27-08-2011, 05:30 PM

or even worse he could hide his chopsticks.......

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 05:32 PM

Nah, it'll happen at night, swiftly and silently.

GP
27-08-2011, 05:39 PM
We should've kept Eboue as translator.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
27-08-2011, 06:04 PM
he can only speak north korean, even though it's the same language

Olivier's xmas twist
27-08-2011, 06:06 PM
And if Monaco are "baffled" about Young signing for us, then doesn't that suggest something dodgy is going on? Surely ourselves and Monaco need to agree on a fee first? I also hope the deal breaks down to be honest, and Wenger realises that he needs to stop fucking about in the bargain basement and go for a real quality striker who can actually provide competition for RVP, and when stepping in for him when he gets injured, can actually do atleast as good as job as him (hopefully better)

How can they be baffled, how would he be able to have a medical, with out them accpeting an offer, just like City not been able to get Nasri with out us accpeting the offer.

Monaco would know, its probs just the tit at liile causing trouble tbh

KSE Comedy Club
27-08-2011, 06:32 PM
How can they be baffled, how would he be able to have a medical, with out them accpeting an offer, just like City not been able to get Nasri with out us accpeting the offer.

Monaco would know, its probs just the tit at liile causing trouble tbh

Yeh, I reckon this seudox or whatever the fuck his name is, the Lille president, is annoyed becuase we're gonna buy Hazard off them and they cant convince him to stay there. So in turn he's acting like a cunt.

Boss
27-08-2011, 06:46 PM
100% chance that Hazard will not be coming to us.

Conversely, 100% chance that Cahill will be joining us.

Quote for truth. :good:

Syn
27-08-2011, 06:49 PM

The truth is quoted.

Joker
27-08-2011, 06:50 PM

Quoted

Marc Overmars
27-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Rather get Hazard if offered a choice between the 2. Whilst a new addition to defence would be nice it's the midfield that's in the worst shape at the moment.

Master Splinter
27-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Rather get Hazard if offered a choice between the 2. Whilst a new addition to defence would be nice it's the midfield that's in the worst shape at the moment.

Good thing M'Vila is coming to sort that shit out.

Do not quote for truth.

Özim
27-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Great news is we sign this chu bloke, it finally confirms out status as the first Mickey Mouse signing's are us store.

Got to hand it to Wenger, he really pulls them out the bag, some managers disappoint fans none of the time, other disappoint fans some of the time, he manages to disappoint fans all of the time.

What a loser.

AKBapologist
27-08-2011, 07:38 PM
@Younggunsblog: Lille say Hazard is staying, and I'm inclined to believe them. Think any potential buyers have left it to late to tempt them.

People also talking about Marvin Martin. Gilles Grimandi said months ago Arsenal like him, but he's not ready to move yet.

Re: park... Michel Seydoux: "We have no information from the player nor his agents if he's really at Arsenal. It's the wrong attitude from Arsenal. we did everything to ease Gervinho transfer when other clubs wanted to pay more. i won't call Arsene Wenger, he's the one to call me over this."

@ashburtongrove: It includes a chat Gilles Grimandi had with Gooners about our transfer targets. Worth a read. Http://j.mp/pC8XIc

Fats
27-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Just got in from a good day out with the kids and saw this.

One word

DOWNER

AKBapologist
27-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Park went to England, apparently to Arsenal. We are stunned by this unacceptable behaviour.
it's like a bad dream. :doh:

GP
27-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Just got in from a good day out with the kids and saw this.

One word

DOWNER

That's sad, but I suppose you still love them all the same.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 07:55 PM
it's like a bad dream. :doh:

Sounds like a selfish prick, this guy from Lille. Doesn't he understand we are suffering too. Nobody has won in this awful situation.

Joker
27-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Great, another football club we've offended.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Was thinking a comedy Bafta, surely this transfer window is Oscar material though?

GunnerFan4Life
27-08-2011, 07:59 PM
#FreeGaryCahill is trending on twitter in the UK :bow: power of gooners :bow: anyone on twitter trend this further :bow:

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Great, another football club we've offended.

LOL, who cares? Surely you can see the genius in all this? Wenger and the board have made catastrophe genuinely entertaining. People will be talking about this transfer window for generations to come.

selassie
27-08-2011, 08:06 PM
These comments were made by Coyle after Bolton's game against Liverpool this evening.

Coyle on Cahill & Arsenal: "It had an effect on him today. It's probably the 1st time I've seen him not be the normal outstanding lad he is"

Sounds like Cahill has had his head turned, we should just move in with an improved offer and get this wrapped up, no more haggling or messing about.

Joker
27-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Sounds like Cahill has had his head turned, we should just move in with an improved offer and get this wrapped up, no more haggling or messing about.

That would be the smart thing to do, but you just know we're going to drag this out until the last minute of the last day of the transfer window, trying to get the price down as much as possible.

GunnerFan4Life
27-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Campbell denied work permit.

Boss
27-08-2011, 08:18 PM

Hope that means we're getting another striker.

The most likely event looks like Bendtner staying.

AKBapologist
27-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Not sure if this is good or bad.

SayNoMore
27-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Look forward to seeing anyone but Chamakh play upfront!

The Realist
27-08-2011, 08:35 PM

hence the jump for that park dude

Master Splinter
27-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Coyle on Cahill & Arsenal: "It had an effect on him today. It's probably the 1st time I've seen him not be the normal outstanding lad he is"

From GHELs to NOLs.

Hopefully he NOLs it up when he signs for us.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 08:51 PM

Fucking hell! I told them to smuggle him in illegally and then put him on the dole. No chance of him being denied anything if he's illegal and claiming benefits.

Master Splinter
27-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Park Chu-Young is getting more hate than Denilson and he hasn't even signed for us yet!

What a bastard.

Deserves to die.

GunnerFan4Life
27-08-2011, 09:04 PM
http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Arsenal-FC-could-make-bid-for-Yoann-Gourcuff-201108270050/

Yohann Gourcuff bid?

Elreactor
27-08-2011, 09:12 PM
@Younggunsblog: Lille say Hazard is staying, and I'm inclined to believe them. Think any potential buyers have left it to late to tempt them.

People also talking about Marvin Martin. Gilles Grimandi said months ago Arsenal like him, but he's not ready to move yet.

Re: park... Michel Seydoux: "We have no information from the player nor his agents if he's really at Arsenal. It's the wrong attitude from Arsenal. we did everything to ease Gervinho transfer when other clubs wanted to pay more. i won't call Arsene Wenger, he's the one to call me over this."

@ashburtongrove: It includes a chat Gilles Grimandi had with Gooners about our transfer targets. Worth a read. Http://j.mp/pC8XIc

There can´t be anything true about this. It´s utterly ridiculous, both the supposed "stealth" attitude from Arsenal, and that park guy involved in the rumour. Just because he´s called Park it doesn´t mean he´ll be as lucky as the manc one, scoring goals without even meaning it.

I can´t see this person being any better than Bendtner or Chamakh.

Boss
27-08-2011, 09:12 PM
http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Arsenal-FC-could-make-bid-for-Yoann-Gourcuff-201108270050/

Yohann Gourcuff bid?

CaughtOffside. :rose:

Says it all, I'm afraid.

Plus Gourcuff is shite.

The Realist
27-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Also, if we do sign Park he has a cool goal celebration, where he slides onto his knees and engages in a sort of frenzied prayer.

Power n Glory
27-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Praying for it to rain cats and dogs no doubt

:sulk:

Power n Glory
27-08-2011, 09:39 PM
His goal record is unimpressive but from the Youtube clips, he looks decent. Not a starter, but he'd be better than Chamakh. He actually shoots.

McNamara That Ghost...
27-08-2011, 10:00 PM

This always happens. Then we appeal and they usually get through.

Özim
27-08-2011, 10:16 PM
His goal record is unimpressive but from the Youtube clips, he looks decent. Not a starter, but he'd be better than Chamakh. He actually shoots.
Agreed but then if the criteria was being better than Chamakh that would apply to an awful lot of players.

If this guy was here to replace him then fine, trouble is he's an addition to him which means we could have got an out and out goalscorer.

We now basically have the injury prone RVP, Chamakh, Walcott and this guy (if Bendtner is indeed off).

If we got rid of Chamakh and replaced him I'd be happy enough, but as one of our main forwards it's a disappointing signing when taking into consideration our other players.

AKBapologist
27-08-2011, 10:20 PM
With Cahill being rather unimpressive, jagielka and samba giving away penalties, you can't really blame AW for being mostly on the fence in regards to the chosen media saviours of Arsenals back line.

AKBapologist
27-08-2011, 10:25 PM
'Closing gap off pitch will help us compete'

Arsène Wenger says that Arsenal's improving performance off the pitch will make them even more competitive on it.

The Club is strengthening its commercial position all the time and recently returned from its first tour of the Far East where the first-team squad played friendly matches in Malaysia and China.

Wenger understands the need to travel globally to help us build revenues for future investment.

"On the commercial side we may be behind clubs like Man United, and we are trying to reduce the gap," said Wenger.

"We work very hard on it, and that is one of the reasons we have gone to Asia. We have a big name abroad, but to transform that into resources is a bit more complicated. That’s what we try to do.

"It’s the only chance we have [to compete]. In England we cannot go any higher with our income, that is why we have to go international."
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-closing-gap-off-pitch-will-help-us-compete-?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+arsenal-news+%28News+Feed%29

The Realist
27-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Arsenal hope to complete Scott Dann transfer 'within next 24 hours.-Report

fari
27-08-2011, 11:06 PM

that's what i'm saying. i liked the fact that in the youtube clips he seemed to be doing a lot of work and linking up around the box. plus if he stays in the box like a striker should he should get a lot more chances (we always seem to cross the ball from the wings to no one)

KSE Comedy Club
27-08-2011, 11:22 PM

FFS! not fucking dann again :doh:

Source please.

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 11:23 PM

Probably the most realistic signing for us. He's unremarkable, nobody else wants him and he'll be cheap. I suppose he'll be better than Squillaci, a bit like our new striker who will be a bit better than Chamakh. Depressing stuff, even when we have the money we show no desire to properly strengthen the team. I've given up trying to understand why. Watching Chelsea's new players, Liverpool's new players, Utd's new players, it's a reminder what a truly awful transfer window this has been for us. Gervinho might pay off, Campbell and Chamberlain might do something in a few years but these players pale into insignificance compared to the signings of our rivals and the quality of players we have lost. I wonder what will happen to all the money that isn't being spent on players? Where does it go, how is it used? Is it used inside the club? Handed to banksters? Spirited away?

It's reached the stage where it's funny but there are moments when it's still demoralising.

KSE Comedy Club
27-08-2011, 11:25 PM
With Cahill being rather unimpressive, jagielka and samba giving away penalties, you can't really blame AW for being mostly on the fence in regards to the chosen media saviours of Arsenals back line.

Cahill's had his head turned, he's thinking about his move to us, thats why he was off today.

Cripps_orig
27-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Arsenal will this week land Bolton defender Gary Cahill, despite the ill-feeling between the clubs over the potential transfer. The Gunners will go in with a fresh *£12m bid, which could rise to around £15m over the course of a five-year contract.Full story: Sunday MirrorChelsea centre-back Alex has emerged as a shock £6m transfer target for Arsenal, despite reports he was close to signing for Juventus. Full story: MetroCahill isn't that good. Alex is far better plus he can take free kicks better than any of our lot

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Cahill isn't that good. Alex is far better plus he can take free kicks better than any of our lot

I'd be happy with either, but I'm more inclined to believe the Scott Dann stories. Unless Zat Knight becomes available, if that happened we'd be in like a rat up a drainpipe.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Cahill isn't that good. Alex is far better plus he can take free kicks better than any of our lot

Good old fashioned blast. :bow:

Kolo always used to try them for us but failed miserably.

KSE Comedy Club
27-08-2011, 11:33 PM

Alex isnt english though, we need Cahill to add to the GHEL ranks tbf.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2030934/Bolton-manager-Owen-Coyle-resigned-losing-Gary-Cahill-Arsenal.html

Niall_Quinn
27-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Cahill's had his head turned, he's thinking about his move to us, thats why he was off today.

Cahill was playing alongside Zat Knight who has to be one of the worst defenders to ever take to a football pitch (since the last time Squillaci played). You need two decent CBs, in fact you need 4 good players across the back and a good GK. One bad cog can break the whole machine, as we used to see with Clichy. This is why we can't expect anything out of the coming season if our first choice line up includes players like Squillaci, Djourou or Koscielny. On the plus side I believe Jenkinson is a very good addition and if Cheseny can keep up his current level of performance then we aren't far away from a respectable defence. Which is why we can't be screwing around buying Dann. The £17mill we'd have to invest in Cahill or Jagielks would be well worth the money because a player of that quality would complete a solid back line. I'd buy both, or one of them and Samba. Then again I would have bought a LB too. We all know Gibbs won't play much of the season so what are we doing now, converting Sagna to a LB? Don;t know why we pretend we can work on a shoestring when everyone knows our injury record.

Cripps_orig
27-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Campbell denied work permit. Fuck yes. Best news of a god awful summer. Hope we move on.

Marc Overmars
27-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Fuck yes. Best news of a god awful summer. Hope we move on.

We haved moved on.

The Korean Beckham. :bow:

KSE Comedy Club
27-08-2011, 11:54 PM
This always happens. Then we appeal and they usually get through.

Really?

I hope that is true.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 12:11 AM
We haved moved on. The Korean Beckham. :bow: YayWe're fucked :(Ffs Campbell, this Park dude, Jenkinson etc 2nd rate pub teamers all of them none of whom has any right to be linked let alone be with us. Wenger is determined to destroy this club and he has to be stopped

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Why are you saying Jenkinson is a 2nd rate pub player? His performances so far have been more than adequate. He's not a big name, true enough, but if he plays well it's only fair to say he has played well. We've needed a no-nonsense player like him for a long time. If we got another in the form of Cahill or Jagielka then that would be another step forward. Also we don't know anything much about Campbell or Egg Fried Rice. I'm assuming they aren't supposed to be first team players, one's a prospect and the other will be a squad player. I'm hoping Wenger and the board have earmarked the mountain of cash for a couple of impact signings. If not then fuck it, Wenger's fault, the board's fault, but not Jenkinson's, Campbell's or Harry Carry's fault.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 01:05 AM
Mainly because he is. In fact I'm being kind. He was playing non league football a few months ago and couldn't get in to the Charltons first team and now playing for us, not cos he's any good but cos he's cheap so I'd say 5th rate at best. He's had a decentish start admittedly but I'd rather have top quality there and we know much like with Sol junior and the dog eater that we won't get top quality in those specific positions cos it will kill these players. Jenkinson will be found out soon enough probably against Mancs. Keep getting shite players and we'll turn in to a shite club and we are heading that way fast

AKBapologist
28-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Manchester CITY new boy Samir Nasri was SNUBBED by rivals United – after he reneged on an initial promise to sign for them.

Nasri went cap in hand back to Old Trafford when he feared his £24m move to the Etihad was about to collapse due to a dispute over agent fees.

But furious United chiefs slammed the door in the Frenchman’s face despite him making a *personal plea to revive the deal with the champions.

People Sport has been told the full bombshell details of Nasri’s negotiations with both Manchester clubs – as the Frenchman prepares to make his City debut at Tottenham today.

We have learned that the French midfielder personally agreed a £7m-a-year deal with Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

We can reveal Nasri is being paid almost £40,000-a-week MORE at City than he would have earned at United, making a mockery of the player’s claim that his move from Arsenal was for football, rather than financial, reasons.

Fergie and Nasri met in Paris during the summer with the player’s representatives in tow and after a deal was thrashed out the player confirmed he was thrilled at the prospect of becoming a United player.

The transfer stalled – and later collapsed altogether – when Nasri’s agents insisted on a massive £4m tax-free as their cut.

United refused to cough up the cash, leaving the way clear for moneybags City to make a more lucrative, £9m-a-year offer.

Nasri quickly agreed the terms but then, remarkably, his switch to the Etihad Stadium also came close to falling through over his agents’ demands.

City were reluctant to pay up and it was at that point that Nasri himself contacted United and tried to reignite his move there.

But the Old Trafford hierarchy, furious at the player’s change of heart, were having none of it.

Unimpressed by Nasri’s agents’ behaviour and the player’s willingness to chase more money from City, they told him in no uncertain terms that they were not interested.

That left Nasri in limbo and he turned out for Arsenal in their 2-0 home defeat by Liverpool eight days ago.

Only when City later agreed to meet the agents’ demands was Nasri able to complete his move north.
from the people.

Kano
28-08-2011, 01:15 AM
"Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home." It's a resonant old line. Perhaps the pick of Arsène Wenger's classics. It evokes an era when he was at the peak of what seemed at the time to be manifold powers. Arsenal were Double winners with a team who welded the might of Sol Campbell, Martin Keown and Patrick Vieira with the marvels of Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Robert Pires.

Sir Alex Ferguson, suffering the ignominy of watching the enemy win the title at Old Trafford in the summer of 2002, was not at his most generous. "They are scrappers who rely on belligerence – we are the better team," he scoffed, inspiring Wenger to respond with a flash of wit, throwing the media a juicy bone on which to feast in its insatiable analysis of the Ferguson-Wenger feud. At its height, they traded quips, insults and honours like two heavyweights.

If it seems like ages ago that they were arch-competitors, that is because it is. Almost a decade has passed since then, and although the barbs continued for a while, with each passing year the colour has faded, the spikiness has softened, as one of the fighters has evidently struggled to make his weight.

When Arsenal defeated Manchester United 1-0 at the Emirates during last season's title run-in, it was a rare success. United's dominance of this fixture – sometimes to the point of doling out humiliation – has become almost routine. It has reached the point where Ferguson feels a degree of compassion for the Arsenal manager. That has to be as clear a sign as any that Wenger's touch has gone awry. Nobody who lives in football's extreme world of winners and losers wants the sympathy vote. Nobody welcomes pity. Has it really come to this?

Wenger's image has taken such a pummelling since the start of the season, even people who would normally relish the schadenfreude have confessed to feeling sorry for him. Some critics felt moved to congratulate him on his team's safe passage into the Champions League at Udinese, as if they were relieved to see that he had found some refuge from the relentless pounding. "Well done Arsenal!" hurrahed the opening line from the Sun's match report, in all seriousness. Yet another clanging sign that things ain't what they ought to be.

Gutsy though their Champions League recovery was, and critical as it is to the club's profile, it would be foolish to allow a 90-minute shot-in-the-arm to paper over the cracks. Arsenal head to Old Trafford on Sunday with a thin squad stripped to the bone, still overloaded with problems that scream out for solutions.

But should all of them pile up at Wenger's door? While he bears a lot of the responsibility for their dysfunctional summer, others, too, should share the burden. Wenger needed help during this close season from other departments within Arsenal, but that help has not materialised. The scouting network, and the transfer negotiators, have never looked so weak. The board, which should have either backed him or forced him to shake things up before the Cesc Fábregas and Samir Nasri sagas took their toll, have sat back.

It is a myth that Wenger is the man who controls all transfer activity. First, he is dependent on his scouts for identifying and researching potential recruits. Apart from the obvious exceptions – Henry, Vieira and Nicolas Anelka were clearly well known to Wenger – in the main, the names and reports that are brought to him by the chief scout, Steve Rowley, are what persuade him to make a move for, say, a teenaged Fábregas. Or for that matter a Manuel Almunia, Denílson, or Igor Stepanovs. It is unusual for Wenger to watch much of little-known players in the flesh before they sign.

It appears that the scouts have not come up with a useful enough list of targets to work from this summer. Given that they knew they would in all likelihood lose a number of players, it was obvious they would need to do a fair bit of shopping. Considering most of the "shops" operate with a hint of poker school, and that agents block the shop front with all the charm of burly bouncers, it would have made sense to have numerous options to consider and to hit the stores quickly.

Yet Arsenal find themselves scrabbling about in the dwindling days of the sale, hunting for bargains where few remain on display. The experience of last summer with Mark Schwarzer, when they thought that if they hung on to the last moment Fulham would have to cave in (they did not), should have been a salutary lesson. That trick used to work. Not any more. The scene has changed since David Dein could pull transfer strings with the best of them and most players were instantly attracted to joining a winning team comprising the likes of Henry and Vieira.

It has been a tough summer for Dick Law, currently the chief deal maker, who has struggled to see through interest in a handful of major targets that were on the radar. Chelsea rang rings around him for Juan Mata; Bolton have played tough over Gary Cahill, rejecting Arsenal's latest bid on Friday; the Gunners did not even appear to make much of a play for José Enrique – available for less than Gaël Clichy and a real no-brainer purchase who instead went to Liverpool. Law lacks the global football contacts who packed Dein's address book, not to mention the ability to engage in smooth talk or hardball if appropriate.

Dein remembers how the atmosphere around the place could be exhilarated by a flurry of signings. In the summer of 2006, just after leaving Highbury, six deals bubbled along right until the 11th hour of deadline day. "Arsène has a lovely expression: You need some salt and pepper in the soup. You need to spice it up. This is not a perfect science," he says. "If we all knew the formula of Coca-Cola we'd all be multimillionaires."

Arsenal have a transfer budget of around £70m just from their summer sales. They are chasing an assortment of players, but it all feels worryingly late in the day and, so cack-handedly have they been functioning during this window, the Emirates crowd would be amazed to see the handful of needed signings arriving. Which brings us to the great unanswered question of life at Arsenal: Who really calls the shots when it comes to money available for players?

Depending on who you believe, either the board actively encourage Wenger to spend and feel frustrated at his reluctance, or Wenger does a good job in taking the flak and shielding the board from a financial reality that is much more sobering than they would like to admit.

The economics at Arsenal remain puzzling. And while the boardroom situation remains uncomfortable, with Alisher Usmanov's stake undermining Stan Kroenke's majority shareholding, nobody can put forward a clear message about how the club intend to be ambitious.

And so Wenger heads for Old Trafford, to take on his old nemesis at a time when United have just demonstrated that the youth project that has obsessed him can work wonders. Seventy million pounds for his thoughts as he scans the callow faces in the away dressing room and prepares them to do their best.

amy lawrence

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 01:28 AM
from the people.

It keeps feeling better and better we're rid of this horrible lump of shit.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Mainly because he is. In fact I'm being kind. He was playing non league football a few months ago and couldn't get in to the Charltons first team and now playing for us, not cos he's any good but cos he's cheap so I'd say 5th rate at best. He's had a decentish start admittedly but I'd rather have top quality there and we know much like with Sol junior and the dog eater that we won't get top quality in those specific positions cos it will kill these players. Jenkinson will be found out soon enough probably against Mancs. Keep getting shite players and we'll turn in to a shite club and we are heading that way fast

He's done well at the top level so he's 5th rate? By your reckoning another 5th rate player will be on display tomorrow. Smalling is only recently out of non-league football himself. Our particular 5th rater knows how to clear his lines and make sure they stay cleared, row Z has never been under so much bombardment. But that's a good thing. He also puts in a mean cross for a 5th rater, something our 1st raters consistently struggle to do. It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that we've simply got lucky and unearthed a gem. We should give it enough time to find out either way, before writing him off.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 01:46 AM
Mancs got Smalling from Fulham. He had top level experience and he did well. Jenkinson couldn't get in to a league 1 side. Major difference.Its pretty simple. Cos we have someone as average as Jenkinson, Wenger won't buy a quality player in that position cos it might kill Jenkinson so now we have to wait 5 years to see if this guy is any good when the fans are fed up of waiting. We want quality and we want it now

AKBapologist
28-08-2011, 01:51 AM
This combined with the fact that we won more games without him means not a single shit was given on the day he left.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 02:12 AM
Mancs got Smalling from Fulham. He had top level experience and he did well. Jenkinson couldn't get in to a league 1 side. Major difference.Its pretty simple. Cos we have someone as average as Jenkinson, Wenger won't buy a quality player in that position cos it might kill Jenkinson so now we have to wait 5 years to see if this guy is any good when the fans are fed up of waiting. We want quality and we want it now

Yeah and Smalling was nowhere before he joined Fulham. Jenkinson's on the same path, he's getting his experience with us. He hasn't cost us so far, of course he might in the future but then again so might any of our more experienced players as we have seen many times. If he is 5th rate, at least he doesn't play that way.

Master Splinter
28-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign Ajax defender Gregory van der Wiel in a deal worth £28m. talkSHITE. (http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1026/79/chelsea-agree-deal-van-der-wiel-reports)

There's been a few rumours about this flying around.

AVB sounds like Rafa's heir apparent as the Full-Back Hoarder.

Master Splinter
28-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Stoke are close to pulling off a spectacular £20m double deal for Tottenham pair Wilson Palacios and Peter Crouch as they bid to challenge for honours at home and abroad. Mail on Sunday

Their team must have an average height of 7ft now.

Walters and Crouch to conquer Europe :bow:.

Letters
28-08-2011, 07:58 AM
"If we were meant to play football in the sky then God would have put grass on the clouds"
- Brian Clough

(something like that anywya, cba looking it up)

Power n Glory
28-08-2011, 08:32 AM

Total piece of shit! I take it all back. The scum sucking prick!

It was all about money and he played that final game for us because it looked like the deal had fallen through. He's scum and so is Patrick Vieria. He was involved in the tapping up and just like the Ashely Cole situation the lanky shit felt a need to advise one of our players to shaft the club and fans and hold out for more money. Fuck him.

Also, one of those ex Arsenal City players is responsible for talking shit about the fans. Nasri knew nothing of Highbury so that isn't his opinion being expressed. Fucking scumbags.

Unai Tea
28-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Total piece of shit! I take it all back. The scum sucking prick!

It was all about money and he played that final game for us because it looked like the deal had fallen through. He's scum and so is Patrick Vieria. He was involved in the tapping up and just like the Ashely Cole situation the lanky shit felt a need to advise one of our players to shaft the club and fans and hold out for more money. Fuck him.

Also, one of those ex Arsenal City players is responsible for talking shit about the fans. Nasri knew nothing of Highbury so that isn't his opinion being expressed. Fucking scumbags.

It wouldn't be a shock to imagine Vieira telling Nasri that Arsenal is doesn't have the same sort of high quality support he enjoyed at Highbury. Or else Kolo Toure, who experienced both. Nasri's just repeating what he heard and trying to manufacture some sort of rationale for leaving.

There's nothing wrong with going somewhere which doubles or triples your salary. There's also nothing wrong to go somewhere which is a step above the level you're currently playing on.

However, it's a bit cuntish to go from one erstwhile contender to another largely because they pay you a shitload more money and then deny it has anything to do with money and blame the fans who rightly called you a cunt. So, fuck him. If there's any justice in the world his career will end up like Winston Bogarde's.

Boss
28-08-2011, 09:05 AM
You guys realise all of the above comments are based on an article by a garbage paper with no quotes, yes?

Also:

"You got that wrong," said Nasri as he was officially unveiled as a City player at a press conference on Friday morning. "I never said Arsenal fans were not good.

"I just said I saw real passion when I signed here and I said Arsenal was a little bit different. That is the only thing I said.

"Cesc [Fabregas] said as well that the difference between Highbury and the Emirates was the atmosphere.

"Don't get me wrong, I never said Arsenal fans have a lack of passion."

People should stop discussing Nasri on here because the lack of intelligence shown when doing so is astounding.

Unai Tea
28-08-2011, 09:18 AM
You guys realise all of the above comments are based on an article by a garbage paper with no quotes, yes?

Also:

People should stop discussing Nasri on here because the lack of intelligence shown when doing so is astounding.

Fuck Nasri.

Power n Glory
28-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Fuck Nasri.

Yep, fuck Nasri!

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 10:18 AM

Also:

No, other way around actually. It's high time the Arsenal fans this Nasri cunt has shafted who insist on making excuses for him stopped calling other fans thick because they can see right through the little French dog turd.

AKBapologist
28-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Giles Grimandi, now Arsenal's chief European scout, was also staying in our hotel, and had several chats with our 'inside man', so let's just say I'm reliably informed about the upcoming influx of information: the top dog we want is Yan M'vila from Rennes, he is very highly regarded. I also learned that Eden Hazard is off the menu as he is thought to be overpriced for what he is. Also Wenger would prefer Jagielka over Cahill as he thinks he is a better footballer, however will not pay the inflated price Everton want for him as he is relatively old at 29. Now here's something that'll make you chuckle; apparently Paddy Viera calls Grimandi every week asking 'what the fuck is going on' with The Arsenal. But here is something that'll bemuse many; Viera is not working with AFC as a coach or whatever because the club 'couldn't find a role for him'. What a disgrace. Make a bloody role for him!
http://www.ashburtongrove.co.uk/2011/08/away-days-italian-win-means-champions.html

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 10:29 AM
http://www.ashburtongrove.co.uk/2011/08/away-days-italian-win-means-champions.html

If the Vieira thing is true we should have sacked a coach and made the space. After all, the end of last season provided plenty of sacking opportunities. Something is very, very wrong with this club. The whole culture is fucked up. When do the board stop getting a free ride? Let Wenger shoulder his share of the blame by all means but when are the old men hiding in their luxury offices and stuffing money in their pockets going to be properly outed. These fuckers are a cancer.

AKBapologist
28-08-2011, 10:31 AM
@TashinOv: LOL $amir Na$ri revealed on TF1 that he talked to Leonardo about moving to PSG before they signed Pastore. Now all Marseille hates him too.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 11:00 AM
@TashinOv: LOL $amir Na$ri revealed on TF1 that he talked to Leonardo about moving to PSG before they signed Pastore. Now all Marseille hates him too.

Nasri's a classy guy. Shame the spuds couldn't have trumped the City offer because I'm sure $amir wouldn't have hesitated. It feels bad now we even had him in the team.

Syn
28-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Sorry, I think I've lost track of who we are hating at the moment.

You people... :rolleyes:

Pretty much every single player in our squad is a Samir Nasri. They don't give a fuck about the club. It's a career, a job....if another company offers you a better deal, you take off. That's modern football.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 11:18 AM

Pretty much every single player in our squad is a Samir Nasri. They don't give a fuck about the club. It's a career, a job....if another company offers you a better deal, you take off. That's modern football.

Some players take the cash and keep their mouths shut. Lesbo has a lot to say though, about the fans who shovelled money into his wheelbarrow. Nobody is under any illusions about the players, but if the players want to open their mouths then the fans can speak too. Anyway, if he was prepared to slack at Arsenal it should be even easier to do the same at City. Once a slacker. They'll probably get one good season out of him. If that.

RomfordPele
28-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Yep, a complete dick. Hope he scores a hat-trick today though.

KSE Comedy Club
28-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Yeh fuck Nasri. I dont understand why anyone feels the need to defend him unless they are either family, friends or his 'butch' lesbian lover.

The guys a snidey cunt. End of.

None of us owe him fuck all.

Coney
28-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Yep, a complete dick. Hope he scores a hat-trick today though.

Only if spuds match it for the draw. In the title chase, think spuds are less of an issue for us than citeh. (and manu, chavs, scousers, wolves, norwich, west ham, swansea, wigan, .....)

Coney
28-08-2011, 12:05 PM

Mostly Wenger on GW, atm tbh. gtfo. roflmao. fu. cnt.

Master Splinter
28-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Mostly Wenger on GW, atm tbh. gtfo. roflmao. fu. cnt.

You forgot cunt.

Wenger is a cunt lol.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Wenger is a cunt

Your best post ever

Edinburgh Gooner
28-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Presenter on Sky sayin Yung is havin medical today. Probably announced after game.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Presenter on Sky sayin Yung is havin medical today. Probably announced after game.

Looking at the team at Old Trafford today I'd say this guy has a job on his hands if he's to make much of a difference.

Coney
28-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Looking at the team at Old Trafford today I'd say this guy has a job on his hands if he's to make much of a difference.

You were not wrong. ;)

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2011, 06:51 PM
It's Transfer Muppetry Week now.

Come on Rossi. :bow:

Aaron Wilshere
28-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Realistically, we need a CB and CM badly.

But a left back is essential, as we can't rely on Gibbs, Traore is horrendous and moving our best centre back to LB all the time is counter productive. In addition we desperately need a creative player - we lose our 2 main playmakers and have done nothing to replace them - nothing short of madness.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Why wasn't Schweinsteiger playing today :shrug:

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2011, 07:06 PM

Sent off on his debut. I imagine.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Sent off on his debut. I imagine.

Crazy German.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Crazy German.

Typical Germans.

Coney
28-08-2011, 07:10 PM

Wenger: "Damn - I knew I forgot to do something".

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Wenger: "Damn - I knew I forgot to do something".

Wenger out! Schweinsteiger in! (after his 3 game ban - was it a straight red btw, or 2 yellows?)

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 11:46 PM
QPR are leading the chase for Scott Dann after Liverpool and Arsenal pulled back from signing the Birmingham defender.Full story: Daily MailThank fuck

Aaron Wilshere
28-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Phew.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Thank fuck

You have to admit though Dann would be better on his own than the comedy pairing we had out there today. Plus he's cheap so we could actually have a bid accepted, we might get him. This is a period of disaster control, if Kos gets injured our CB pairing is Djourou and Squillaci. Scott Dann could stop that happening. I wonder why we pulled out? I suppose we weren't happy with the price. Brum wanted £6mill and we would only go to £37.50

-Xs-
29-08-2011, 07:21 AM
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/08/29/everton-fc-reject-arsenal-bid-to-swap-mikel-arteta-for-nicklas-bendtner-100252-29320103/

Lol. Don't know if it's true, but AW certainly likes his insults if so

cheesy bites
29-08-2011, 07:50 AM
Beyond Park, I can't see us even signing anyone.

GP
29-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Beyond Park, I can't see us even signing anyone.

We have to. Everyone at the club knows this now.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 08:44 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3780728/Arsenal-go-in-for-Alex.html
Yes? No?

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Yes if he is added with Cahill.

No otherwise.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Fucking hell, I just realised that we are now in day 1 of the last 3 days of the transfer window.

That is fuck all time to buy 5-6 players that we need.

GP
29-08-2011, 08:51 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3780728/Arsenal-go-in-for-Alex.html
Yes? No?

Might as well.

I don't think they will sell to us though,

Joker
29-08-2011, 08:55 AM
I don't really rate Alex. Sure, he's got a powerful freekick on him, but defensively he does make quite a few mistakes (although he'd still be better than Djourou, Koscielny and Squillaci) I saw him against WBA and he was to blame for their goal, getting intercepted by Long and lacking the pace to catch up with him. Not really the sort of defender we should be looking for, which probably means we're interested.

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 08:56 AM
The next 3 days will decide Wenger's future.

:coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 08:57 AM
The next 3 days will decide Wenger's future.

:coffee:

No it won't

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 09:02 AM
No it won't

Yeah it will.

Don't spend and we'll be shit = fans will force him out in summer.

Spend and give us a chance = fans will be ok.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 09:02 AM
No it won't
I think it will. These things often have a self forfilling nature to it.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Yeah it will.

Don't spend and we'll be shit = fans will force him out in summer.

Spend and give us a chance = fans will be ok.

I thought you mean't they sack him in 2 days lol, but i agree.

Daniele
29-08-2011, 09:12 AM
I'll tell you what. we are not even close to signing anyone. We'd need 4-5 players and he'd like to get another 2 which he won't unless they are crap players. Our fall has been dramatic. So has his.

Fats
29-08-2011, 09:17 AM
The thing is this could have been avoided to a point.

Scott Parker could have been brought in on a loan, we didnt even have to buy him ffs same as Joey Barton.

No obvious reason either or both did not happen. It would not have impacted financially other than wages.

Blinkered stupidity IMO

Keep hearing Wenger is not a stupid man. Did you see the shambles that has become Arsenal over the last 2-3 seasons??

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Not a link but definitely someone we should be in for. Check Dame N'Doye on YouTube/Wikipedia.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 09:35 AM
The thing is this could have been avoided to a point.

Scott Parker could have been brought in on a loan, we didnt even have to buy him ffs same as Joey Barton.

No obvious reason either or both did not happen. It would not have impacted financially other than wages.

Blinkered stupidity IMO

Keep hearing Wenger is not a stupid man. Did you see the shambles that has become Arsenal over the last 2-3 seasons??

Still not late too and maybe he should have got barton too.

Japan Shaking All Over
29-08-2011, 09:37 AM
shit what time is it over there.......and no news?

I am not against the Korean signing for us but surely our resources (negotiators) should be up to their necks, thrashing out the details of the new players to be brought in

with yesterdays shambles still fresh in my mind......if we were going to wait till this long then Parker would have been a good bet

I cant believe we have waited so long......yeah maybe a lose was on the cards from the start, once it was obvious Cesc was not going to play again and Nas's heart wasn't in it.....that we would get to the end of the transfer window with minimal damage and then move on with the new but late signs.......but even if we do buy now......how the heck do you expect me to get the 8:2 shaped piece of shit that is lodged in my throat.

We have to move quick and we need help in every department apart from keeper in my view.......will I have to sleep another night with no action

Özim
29-08-2011, 09:44 AM
He's f*cked it all up, so so predictable though....I could have told you this at the beginning of the summer. We knew we needed quality players (this was before losing two top players), we knew the defence was sh*t but guess what the club once again played the fans.

And now, what are we going to get, well most people would like to think some quality signings but it's unlikely....if we sign anyone it'll be the same old cheap nobodies who won't make an ounce of difference, even after an 8-2 mauling Wenger still has his excuses out and resists going out and spending a bit more on quality..........."in England after a defeat people thing signings are the answer"...that really sums the guy up.

After an 8-2 defeat you'd expect any manager to be embarrassed (first time we've conceded 8 since 1896 btw), but oh no he was reeling out the excuses about injured players, trying to be too adventurous to get back in the match and tiredness, what hope do we have when the manager doesn't hold anyone accountable for defeat and instead puts it down to external factors.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 09:52 AM
He's f*cked it all up, so so predictable though....I could have told you this at the beginning of the summer.

You did, didnt you?

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Traroe having a medica at QPR today on sky sports now, thank feck he is shit

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Yay, selling/loaning more players before we buy.

Joker
29-08-2011, 10:17 AM

Thank fuck for that, this guy is one of the worst players I've seen at Arsenal in recent memory. And to see his nonchalant attitude during yesterday's pummelling was pathetic.

Power n Glory
29-08-2011, 10:17 AM
What is going on? We sell Traore too? Are we buying a new left back or what? This is chaos. Why was he playing if he's going?

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 10:23 AM
So we are gonna sell traore as well now :blink:

I understand, he's shit and shouldve gone long ago, but wtf is going on??????????????

We gonna buy a new LB today to replace him?

We need a huge fan protest outside the stadium, a massive show of support from the fans to tell the club to sort their fucking shit out now!

Marc Overmars
29-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Traore is going? Ok he's shite as they come but we need some bodies at the back, surely?

Gibbs is the only recognised left back then and he's only available twice a month before injury. How can we rely on Jenkinson to play RB and in turn move one of the few genuine quality players we have in Sagna, out of position? What a stupid decision to not replace Clichy.

Wenger confirms we are close to signing Park. So that can be ticked off.

Next please.

Japan Shaking All Over
29-08-2011, 10:25 AM
he was crap I admit but it just doesnt make sense to sell him now (well it makes sense but. . .) what the hell is going on?
we had better have a parade of players lined up outside ready to come. . .which is what I can only imagine is going to,got to be happening
still it will not erase yesterdays memory!

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 10:26 AM
What is going on? We sell Traore too? Are we buying a new left back or what? This is chaos. Why was he playing if he's going?

Because we had no one else.

This squad has been stripped to the bear minimum and its so weak its comical / suicidal.

In two days time, the club is done if nothing happens imo.

:ilt: :ilt: :ilt:

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Baines
:pray:

Joker
29-08-2011, 10:30 AM
I hope Wenger doesn't intend to go through the season with Vermaelen/Sagna/Gibbs as our left back options. We need Vermaelen in central defence (where he's our best defender) and we need Sagna at right back (especially as we've seen Jenkinson is not ready for regular first team action yet)

I really hope we have a proper left back lined up, because if we do (i.e Baines or Cissokho) then Traore leaving won't be an issue at all.

Unai Tea
29-08-2011, 10:34 AM

Bizarre. One can only assume a replacement or him or better yet, a starting quality LB is lined up?

Syn
Because we had no one else.

This squad has been stripped to the bear minimum and its so weak its comical / suicidal.

In two days time, the club is done if nothing happens imo.

:ilt: :ilt: :ilt:

Obviously 'something' will happen. We will sign a player. Probably two. Probably a CM and CB that Wenger keeps talking about. And that'll be enough to buy him some time because the fans will be relieved. I think the CB will be Gary Cahill or Jagielka so fair enough. But the CM won't be anyone who is proven-quality at the top level...it'll be another youngster. When you lose Fabregas and Nasri (and we have had decent money (£25m+) for both), you should buying two top quality midfielders to replace them. We won't even buy one.

But aside from signings, the whole attitude and mentality of the club is wrong and that won't change with a short-term injection (which a couple of half-decent signings would be). They, too, will get into the habit of not giving a fuck.

Japan Shaking All Over
Wow, what a time to be an Gooner!
talk about man the guns, circle the wagons, dish out the last ammo!

we are at war and the wolves are baying for our blood and its whether we give it to them or not!

We are going to know soon enough where we stand and the lack of news is killing me vecause I dont take the Korean as being news.

Joker
29-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Obviously 'something' will happen. We will sign a player. Probably two. Probably a CM and CB that Wenger keeps talking about. And that'll be enough to buy him some time because the fans will be relieved. I think the CB will be Gary Cahill or Jagielka so fair enough. But the CM won't be anyone who is proven-quality at the top level...it'll be another youngster. When you lose Fabregas and Nasri (and we have had decent money (£25m+) for both), you should buying two top quality midfielders to replace them. We won't even buy one.

But aside from signings, the whole attitude and mentality of the club is wrong and that won't change with a short-term injection (which a couple of half-decent signings would be). They, too, will get into the habit of not giving a fuck.

Yeah, the central midfielders we have been linked with may end up being good players, but they're not the sort of experienced, top quality signings that fans are looking for.

Unai Tea
29-08-2011, 10:43 AM
I think it's pretty fair to say that this situation won't be fully fixed in the next 2.75 days. It will take getting a couple more good players now + 2-3 good players in the January window (after we've seen which of our players have risen to the top and which are the turds sinking to the bottom). We need to sell Diaby too, can't sell him now because he's injured again.

We are apparently not mercurial enough to undo a failing 5 year project in one summer.

This will be a shitty season but with any luck we'll be on the right course by next summer.

RomfordPele
29-08-2011, 10:47 AM
It just gets weirder and weirder. If we knew we were going to sell Traore, why weren't we pushing for a LB signing a month ago. Why no bid for Enrique? Why no move for Baines? Did we really spend the whole summer with all our negotiating team locked in a room trying to keep Fabregas and Nasri? If so, somebody needs shooting. I genuinely don't understand what's going on at this club anymore.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2011, 10:48 AM
We're not getting into the top 4 this year, even with a few signings IMO, there is too much work to be done to get the quality of this squad up to a level where it can perform on a consistent basis, not to mention the fact that any slip up now is going to be greeted with contempt from fans and the media, making it twice as hard to bounce back. The top 3 are far too strong and consistent and Liverpool have got their shit in order after their crisis period, we have now swapped with them. If someone offered me 4th now I'd snap their arm off but I just don't see it this year.

Japan Shaking All Over
29-08-2011, 10:51 AM
I think it's pretty fair to say that this situation won't be fully fixed in the next 2.75 days. It will take getting a couple more good players now + 2-3 good players in the January window (after we've seen which of our players have risen to the top and which are the turds sinking to the bottom). We need to sell Diaby too, can't sell him now because he's injured again.

We are apparently not mercurial enough to undo a failing 5 year project in one summer.

This will be a shitty season but with any luck we'll be on the right course by next summer.

Next summer huh?
With a new manager?

Joker
29-08-2011, 10:55 AM
It just gets weirder and weirder. If we knew we were going to sell Traore, why weren't we pushing for a LB signing a month ago. Why no bid for Enrique? Why no move for Baines? Did we really spend the whole summer with all our negotiating team locked in a room trying to keep Fabregas and Nasri? If so, somebody needs shooting. I genuinely don't understand what's going on at this club anymore.

Exactly, Enrique only cost £6M pounds, so we wouldn't have to break the bank to get him. It's almost as if Wenger's finally realised how shite Traore is after yesterday's match, and with the injuries to Gibbs and Vermaelen, finally understands the need to sign another left back.

Japan Shaking All Over
29-08-2011, 10:59 AM
We're not getting into the top 4 this year, even with a few signings IMO, there is too much work to be done to get the quality of this squad up to a level where it can perform on a consistent basis, not to mention the fact that any slip up now is going to be greeted with contempt from fans and the media, making it twice as hard to bounce back. The top 3 are far too strong and consistent and Liverpool have got their shit in order after their crisis period, we have now swapped with them. If someone offered me 4th now I'd snap their arm off but I just don't see it this year.

Id say Liverpool have got their shit together, bought in the summer early enough for their players to get accustomed to each other, watching tgem play it looks as if Carrol is the odd one out
But would I give to have a hard worker like Kuyt in the team, Parker could have provided that graft but no we will miss that one thank you

Suarez too, how did we miss that guy
TBH Im not buying this lone striker crap, would much prefer two top

Ironing
29-08-2011, 11:03 AM

You must be new here

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 11:04 AM

Maybe thats why the club don't want to spend money, they know this season will be one in the wild. Something deep is going on, i mean will we be selling Theo/RVP and Arshavin in this window 2 ffs

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 11:07 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12040_7136768,00.html

interesting

KESSLER
29-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Traore actually leaving?

If Wenger doesn't have someone already lined up, not including the 3 players already mentioned, then he's fucking mental.

Even though it's close, Traore is better than bloody nobody

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Maybe thats why the club don't want to spend money, they know this season will be one in the wild. Something deep is going on, i mean will we be selling Theo/RVP and Arshavin in this window 2 ffs

But this wouldnt be a shit season if wenger bought some fucking players.

The only deep thing going on will be wenger in his concrete boots at the bottom of the thames if he carries this shit on!

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 11:15 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/29/football-transfer-rumours-arsenal-alex

Having been confronted with irrefutable evidence that he does not, in fact, have the prettiest wife at home, Wenger is out on the prowl. And he didn't have to venture very far before spotting someone he fancies: The Sun says he's about to offer £10m for Chelsea centre-back Alex, whose habit of being easily brushed aside by energetic scamps such as Shane Long makes him a perfect fit for the Arsenal back-line. Other defenders still being linked with a move to the Emirates are Gary Cahill, Phil Jagielka and Lamine Sakho.

But not Scott Dann because he's on his way to Queen's Park Rangers, where he'll be joined by Shaun Wright-Phillips and the Chelsea left-back Ryan Bertrand.

Chelsea will treat themselves to a new left-back, but the bad news for Wenger is it's Leighton Baines, for whom the Frenchman had just about psyched himself up to a make a bumper bid. Now he'll have to bump it up a bit more.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 11:15 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_7136820,00.html?

Daniele
29-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Traoré leaving right. he is pants. Good fucking riddance. Now to Almunia, Chamakh, Arshavin and Squillaci. Then get the right players. he has had all summer to do so but didn't. How frustrating. I very much doubt he will be able to do so in 2 and a half days. Plonker.

Unai Tea
29-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Next summer huh?
With a new manager?

Well, potentially yes. In terms of our squad keeping up with Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City we need 7-8 players, at least 4-5 who are top notch. To be considered in a class of our own in 4th we need at least 5-6 players, 3-4 who are top notch. At best we'll get 3 players before the window closes, maybe 1-2 who are top notch. That's enough to keep us in the race for 4th.

So whether it's Wenger or another manager, our squad is not good enough to compete at the highest level (unless everyone is available and even then we're not quite there). This window has been completely mismanaged so we'll need some good moves now and January to be in a good position for next summer. That's assuming there's a desire to actually compete at the highest level. Maybe silent stan/the board realises that it's more financially efficient to be mediocre for a few years with a cheaper squad and only put in money when commercial contracts are up for renewal. No idea.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2011, 11:19 AM
They said on SSN there is some substance to the interest in Alex.

Unai Tea
29-08-2011, 11:20 AM

If there's a defender with PL experience on the market it'd be a criminal act for us not to be interested.

Daniele
29-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Alex-Vermaelen would be a good pairing. Inferior to the ones at Chelsea and Man U but good anyway.

Joker
29-08-2011, 11:23 AM

He's better than what we have, but I would have still preferred Cahill.

But given that Alex is going to be cheaper than Cahill, there's no prizes for guessing which one of the two we're interested in.

RomfordPele
29-08-2011, 11:25 AM
That's assuming there's a desire to actually compete at the highest level. Maybe silent stan/the board realises that it's more financially efficient to be mediocre for a few years with a cheaper squad and only put in money when commercial contracts are up for renewal. No idea.

That sounds depressingly plausible. It could even be they've collectively decided that with Liverpool, City, Chelsea and United splashing the cash, Arsenal simply can't compete for 4th at the moment, and that we therefore should cut back now on the basis that we won't get any CL revenue for the foreseeable future. To be honest, I have absolutely no idea any more. All I know is it's a terrible mess.

Unai Tea
29-08-2011, 11:26 AM
It is.

Özim
29-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Alex is a good player, maybe a little older than we'd like but beggars can't be choosers, whether it's true or not is another issue...also will he want to come....not so sure...

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Alex is a good player, maybe a little older than we'd like but beggars can't be choosers, whether it's true or not is another issue...also will he want to come....not so sure...

Well its either that or stay benched at chavs, only worry with Alex is that he is a lil error prone, do we really need another CB like that, if he comes with Cahill then ok.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2011, 11:53 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/29/football-transfer-rumours-arsenal-alex

And that was from the Guardian? It's just like reading any other tabloid website.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 11:54 AM
@Soccerissue: NEWS NEWS NEWS!!!: Yossi Benayoun extremely close to signing at Arsenal. A close source to the player confirms...

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 11:55 AM
@Soccerissue: NEWS NEWS NEWS!!!: Yossi Benayoun extremely close to signing at Arsenal. A close source to the player confirms...

Might as well get Kalou as well since were rading Chelsea

KESSLER
29-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Yossi is a good player but he's more injury prone than Gibbs

gunsofashburtongrove
29-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Alex-Vermaelen would be a good pairing. Inferior to the ones at Chelsea and Man U but good anyway.
Vermaelen and Kos is not too bad either. The problem is that in the absence of Vermaelen there is no one to organize the defense. Alex is not a great communicator either. Of all the players linked Jagielka is the best option we have the age not withstanding, and i remember he started at left back for sheff utd as well.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Yossi Benayoun is closing on a move away from Chelsea and has confirmed that he is in talks with a number of clubs.

The Israeli midfielder has taken in just one minute of action for the Blues this season, with new boss Andre Villas-Boas favouring other options.

Benayoun has tumbled further down the pecking order following the arrival of Juan Mata from Valencia, with Stamford Bridge now well-stocked on creative talent.

Rumours were suggesting that Benayoun could be moved on before Villas-Boas dipped back into the transfer market, with it clear that he would find himself on the fringes of the first-team fold.

It was claimed that Chelsea were willing to use him as part of their efforts to lure Luka Modric away from Tottenham.

Negotiating
Newcastle are also said to hold an interest in Benayoun, who only moved to West London on a free transfer last summer.

He was, however, restricted to just 10 appearances in 2010/11, with an Achilles problem sidelining him for six months.

Benayoun accepts that he may be forced to move on once more and has revealed that discussions regarding a switch elsewhere have been opened.

He wrote on Twitter: "negotiating with several team (sic) ...news soon

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11668_7136969,00.html

Syn
29-08-2011, 12:03 PM

I think Sky would need to be sure that Cascarino is sacked by then.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Yossi is quite good, underrated player IMO.

gunsofashburtongrove
29-08-2011, 12:05 PM
Yossi is a teribbly under-rated player with skills we could use , but injury prone and hence wouldn't excite me

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Yossi Benayoun........a 30 year old squad player from Chelsea........?

This is our midfield answer

GO WENGER.....GO NOW!.....You make me physically sick

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Yossi is quite good, underrated player IMO.
As good as Cesc and Nasri? Two players we had and we still couldn't win a trophy and ended up 4th......

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 12:17 PM

is this a fucking joke?

Some South Korean prick and this has been from Chelsea's reserves.

I mean seriously...What the Fucking Fuck!!

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 12:19 PM
You have to be bloody patient...

gunsofashburtongrove
29-08-2011, 12:20 PM
As good as Cesc and Nasri? Two players we had and we still couldn't win a trophy and ended up 4th......
He's different kind of player to Cesc, similar to Nasri and more consistent than Nasri has been for us. Injury is the big problem and the 6 months off could have converted him into a Rosicky. Everyone expecting a like for like replacement for Nasri & Cesc are going to be disappointed. I'am expecting the Arteta, Yossi kind of signing, i hope we sign someone who is not injury prone

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
29-08-2011, 12:22 PM
sounds harsh but i hope wenger has a stroke or dies this evening, he's doing too much damage.

Unai Tea
29-08-2011, 12:24 PM
He's different kind of player to Cesc, similar to Nasri and more consistent than Nasri has been for us. Injury is the big problem and the 6 months off could have converted him into a Rosicky. Everyone expecting a like for like replacement for Nasri & Cesc are going to be disappointed. I'am expecting the Arteta, Yossi kind of signing, i hope we sign someone who is not injury prone

That's pretty much it. We can do some tidy work replacing the shiftless dross like Denilson, Bendtner, Diaby and similar with players such as Park, Benayoun, Arteta. It's much harder to get top quality players - your M'Vila's and Hazard's - with such a constricted time frame. OUr own fault of course but we'd be mad to eschew building up a decent squad in preparation for getting top quality players again. I don't think the one impacts the other, or shouldn't anyway.

McNamara That Ghost...
29-08-2011, 12:27 PM
sounds harsh but i hope wenger has a stroke or dies this evening, he's doing too much damage.

:blink:

Slightly harsh.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 12:41 PM

This is the official claim, we were so busy selling players we didn't have time to buy any. It's an admission of supreme incompetence.

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 12:43 PM
This is the official claim, we were so busy selling players we didn't have time to buy any. It's an admission of supreme incompetence.
Surley that moron Gladis has to be blamed for this and should be sacked the stupid fucking cunt, fuck off back to yankee land

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 12:46 PM

Fuck. I can see that happening. He'd be cheap and he won't solve any of our problems. Sign him up.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 12:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3d96hDV27w

I wonder if theres a way of tipping off a AW. Maybe if I said FAO Wenger: Cheap unknown African he'd pick it up.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 01:02 PM
And so the nightmare continues.

yossi beny-fucking-youn.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 01:03 PM
http://www.footie-online.co.uk/2011/08/hazard-set-to-sign-for-arsenal/5155/
I'm taking it with more than a pinch of salt.

http://ih3.redbubble.net/work.1555863.5.flat,550x550,075,f.a-pinch-of-salt.jpg

Rumours on twitter say rosicky is off back to dortmond too.

selassie
29-08-2011, 01:06 PM
The problem we face is that we've left it so late that the only options available to us in the market are players that are surplus to requirements.

The likes of Alex & Yossi are upgrades on what we've got but we should really be aiming higher. Alex I would say is better than everybody bar Vermaelen, but guess what, Alex is a crock...no surprise there.

Yossi is a very tidy player too, I'd have him ahead of everyone in our Midfield apart from Jack & Song, but you guessed it Yossi is a crock too.

If Arsene is really serious about getting us out of this mess he would be breaking our transfer record bringing REAL quality to the squad over the next few days, sadly I don't think this is going to happen.

Daniele
29-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Anyone would be better than Arshavin so Benayoun would be welcome. That said, it would be a fucking joke which shows the supreme incompetence of our manager. he wants to put out fire with a bucket.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 01:11 PM
The problem we face is that we've left it so late that the only options available to us in the market are players that are surplus to requirements.

The likes of Alex & Yossi are upgrades on what we've got but we should really be aiming higher. Alex I would say is better than everybody bar Vermaelen, but guess what, Alex is a crock...no surprise there.

Yossi is a very tidy player too, I'd have him ahead of everyone in our Midfield apart from Jack & Song, but you guessed it Yossi is a crock too.

If Arsene is really serious about getting us out of this mess he would be breaking our transfer record bringing REAL quality to the squad over the next few days, sadly I don't think this is going to happen.

We should be spending the money on Cahill, Hazard and Mvila.

Instead we'll get Cheap crocks in Alex, Yossi, and umm.... and the club will make a tidy profit.

:censored:

Daniele
29-08-2011, 01:14 PM
We should be spending the money on Cahill, Hazard and Mvila.

Instead we'll get Cheap crocks in Alex, Yossi, and umm.... and the club well make a tidy profit.

:censored:

fucking unbelievable. unbefuckinglievable

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 01:44 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8729246/Chelsea-set-to-offload-Yossi-Benayoun-to-Liverpool-or-Lille.html
Maybe were dodging a bullet...

Joker
29-08-2011, 01:51 PM
This is so depressing.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Can't blame him
http://t.co/OX8lxxs

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Can't blame him
http://t.co/OX8lxxs
just read that.....who the fcuk is left of quality?

Fcuk sake Nasri was immense yesterday for Citi, makes it all the more depressing.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 02:11 PM
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/873804-leighton-baines-lined-up-by-arsenal-as-armand-traore-replacement

Everton will want nothing less than £20mill for him though.

Daniele
29-08-2011, 02:17 PM
20m is rip-off. He is worth no more than 10. Anyway, I'd get him.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 02:21 PM
20m is rip-off. He is worth no more than 10. Anyway, I'd get him.

What have we bid? £3mill?

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 02:23 PM
http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/873804-leighton-baines-lined-up-by-arsenal-as-armand-traore-replacement

Everton will want nothing less than £20mill for him though.
COuld have had Enrique for £6m...lol...you have to laugh at these stupid fucking cunts.

2 days to go and it is clear as day how fucking desperate we are and how much money we have so we will get ripped off but what else can we do.

Gladis should be fucking sacked stupid motherfucking yankee cunt

Daniele
29-08-2011, 02:24 PM
What have we bid? £3mill?

far less. Seems that Wenger has come up with 2 Tesco vouchers, a packet of crisps, and the peel of a banana. Oddly they refused but AW is confident a deal can still be done.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 02:26 PM
I wouldn't want to leave either...
http://t.co/Tg9Lshq

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Everyone will be out to bleed us dry so I doubt we'll be signing anyone beyond this Chu-Young bloke. Wenger and the board might even realise the need to strengthen (stranger things have happened in this world) but I doubt their financial responsibility (to their own wallets first and foremost) will be allowed to slip. Hearing silly amounts being thrown around for a solid (if not spectacular) defender like Baines will be par for the course. Obviously they don't expect to get such ridiculous amounts but they won't be putting up with any of our penny pinching either. After all clubs like Everton will also have to find replacements and will also be subject to this late window inflation. We've fucked it up as badly as anything can be fucked up and I think it has all been done on purpose. I don't think there was ever any intention of parting with the Fabregas and Nasri cash. hence the stupid bid for Jagielka, the stupid bid for Cahill and I'm betting a few stupid bids to come in the next couple of days. Maybe we'll pick up a few cheap and cheerful (until they start playing for us) bodies like the Korean guy we've just landed and that Yossi Whatshismafuck bloke, but that's likely to be it. If we had seriously been in for Hazard then we wouldn't have gone to such lengths to fuck off his current club, would we? Even now Wenger is talking about the transfer window if it is some unique British curse to be endured rather than exploited. The board and the manager will be able to relax soon, just two more days before they can sigh with relief as they stash away their latest spoils from pillaging the team. Cunts.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 02:35 PM
far less. Seems that Wenger has come up with 2 Tesco vouchers, a packet of crisps, and the peel of a banana. Oddly they refused but AW is confident a deal can still be done.

What's he going to do, shit in their Chairman's Maserati? Actually that's going too far, Wenger would never do that. He'd get Gazidis to do it.

Daniele
29-08-2011, 02:40 PM
i just wonder...do they never read messageboards and forums?

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Forlan bought by Inter Milan....could have done with him...£5m apparently

Daniele
29-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Forlan bought by Inter Milan....could have done with him...£5m apparently

a far better player than anyone we've signed.

server too busy!
29-08-2011, 02:49 PM
The way I see it we need a CB, LB, ACM, CF.....a DCM would be nice too but not essential. Will we get all these in 3 days...no way

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 02:50 PM
The way I see it we need a CB, LB, ACM, CF.....a DCM would be nice too but not essential. Will we get all these in 3 days...no way
will we even get one!!!

Japan Shaking All Over
29-08-2011, 02:59 PM
OK now I'm pissed off and I think I have been the biggest arse on GW, although not saying Wenger is right I have refused to call for his head......

but something jsut dawned on me.......waiting period/poker game/wait and see what the other clubs will do..........

when are we going to have it explained to us what exactly was meant by all that........he felt good enough to tell us all that crap....surely he must now think it only right to explain himself to us......

to be honest new signings before Wednesday would be welcome cos they are bloody needed but like I have mentioned for me they will always be too late, 8 fucking 2 and I dont care who it was against.......Szmalsfjls didnt stand a chance with a lot of the goals, that was because they were well struck but because our keystone kop defence let them by standing around, fucking Djorou thought he had it sussed by kepping his fucking arms behind his back every time one of their players came close

and where is our player who cuts inside, looks up and then unleashes a strike on goal......nowhere.....cos they are too busy trying to hop skip and jump their way to the goal......where are our muscle players......Citeh are built like giants fed on raw blood we are a bunch of kids fed on hugs and kisses.

you know.........if I am to call for a new manager, then I will go as far as to say.......forego this season keep the fucking money and give it to the new guy......but with our board it wont work like that......as always the figure will shrink in size as time goes on and when we thought we had 60 odd million in a years time we will be lucky to have 10..........so Wenger you get it and you got 2 days to spend it.........fucking do it because believe me you are living on borrowed time.......cos I am pissed off

Unai Tea
29-08-2011, 03:04 PM
We aren't going to get the current abomination fixed in this window. No chance. We can maybe get a couple of pieces to the puzzle though and maybe manage a few more in January. We need to re-establish ourselves as a team who can compete at the highest level and it's not going to be a quick fix.

Before this window closes:

Park Chu-Young
+ 1 - 3 more decent squad players at least

Before the January Transfer Window:

Bring in the best younger players and give them a chance (cuz there's no one else left anyway). If we can get 3-5 players coming up from our ranks, players who can do a job, than we have a slightly deeper squad. Players like Frimpong, Miyachi, Ignasi, Afobe, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Coquelin. They'll need time and games to become useful players. Some may not make the grade but we have time to find out.

January Transfer Window:

Ideally 2-3 more players in areas of need and where young players haven't developed. We need to target players of exceptional ability here who may come available. Get rid of shite like Diaby and Chamakh and Squillaci.

Summer Transfer Window:

Get the last couple of pieces required - players like M'Vila or Hazard. Get rid of the remaining shite - Denilson, Vela, etc.

Elreactor
29-08-2011, 03:07 PM
just read that.....who the fcuk is left of quality?

Fcuk sake Nasri was immense yesterday for Citi, makes it all the more depressing.

Well Nasri is a top class player, it isn´t surprising at all. He´d step right into the starting xi if he were to join Arsenal.

:sleep:

fakeyank
29-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Well Nasri is a top class player, it isn´t surprising at all. He´d step right into the starting xi if he were to join Arsenal.

:sleep:

Even if I would get into the Arsenal team easily..

Japan Shaking All Over
29-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Even if I would get into the Arsenal team easily..

if you brought Hopw Solo with you, think most of us would let you

fakeyank
29-08-2011, 03:30 PM
if you brought Hopw Solo with you, think most of us would let you

##

Fats
29-08-2011, 03:33 PM
I think its a time for answers to questions by Wenger.

I do not need to hear excuses anymore, because we have all heard them time and time again yet we never learn from them.

Bullshit time is over, time to be honest is here.

KSE Comedy Club
29-08-2011, 03:49 PM
I think its a time for answers to questions by Wenger.

I do not need to hear excuses anymore, because we have all heard them time and time again yet we never learn from them.

Bullshit time is over, time to be honest is here.

I dont want answers, I want action.

We either sign some players where needed before midnight on wednesday, or they can sack wenger and kick the bullshitting cunt fucker out the door.

isv
29-08-2011, 03:54 PM
i'm going to gauge my eyes out, less painful watching the developments at the emirates...

Unai Tea
29-08-2011, 03:57 PM
i'm going to gauge my eyes out, less painful watching the developments at the emirates...

You might want to rip your ears off too while you're at it. Would be a shame to be blinded to the horrendous developments at the emirates only to hear about them on the radio.

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Have we signed the dog eater yet?

Singed anymore shit kids?

Sold anymore first teamers?

What the fuck is going on at this club????

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 04:01 PM

jesus christ

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 04:02 PM
jesus christ

Yes, what do you want?

Daniele
29-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Yes, what do you want?

no he was referring to me

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 04:06 PM
no he was referring to me

Thought I told you to get your arse back in the lion's den?

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 04:10 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/08/28/2639688/arsenal-to-make-improved-12m-offer-for-bolton-defender-gary

Daniele
29-08-2011, 04:16 PM
all this inaction is amazing. Every Gooner seems to see where our weaknesses are apart from one.

Master Splinter
29-08-2011, 04:18 PM
all this inaction is amazing. Every Gooner seems to see where our weaknesses are apart from one.

Jesus Christ?

Syn
29-08-2011, 04:19 PM
You girls need to chill the fuck out. Not including Park, both our garbage additions will be done on deadline day.

Daniele
29-08-2011, 04:22 PM
Jesus Christ?

badly needed him tbh

Master Splinter
29-08-2011, 04:24 PM
both our garbage additions will be done on deadline day.

Zat Knight and Benyanoon :pray:.

gunnerrrrr
29-08-2011, 04:26 PM
whats with all the shit jokes...i see nothing funny about our predicament

Syn
29-08-2011, 04:28 PM

:lol:

I see no point in crying about it for a gazillion years

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Zat Knight and Benyanoon :pray:.

Zat Knight and Squillaci would be great entertainment, plus Knight is genuinely shit and wouldn't cost much. Sneaky £15mill bid?

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 04:31 PM

What makes you think they were shit jokes?

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Do you reckon Titus Bramble would want to join us?

He fits in nicely to Wenger's definition of Super Quality.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 05:23 PM
A study of the 20 Premier League clubs has shown that United chief executive David Gill is the best paid current director with a salary of £1.953 million.

United’s latest set of accounts for the year ending June 2010, which were filed last week, appeared to place the Carling Cup winners at the top of the Premier League pay league, narrowly ahead of Arsenal.

Chief executive Ivan Gazidis earned £1.718m in his first full year at Emirates Stadium, including a £938,000 salary, a £669,000 bonus and benefits of £111,000.

Unsurprisingly, the third best renumerated director is Manchester City’s Garry Cook, whose salary, based on figures for the 2008-09 season, is £1.518m, more than a 300 per cent increase on the best paid City director in 2007-08, whose pay package was £477,000.

Intriguingly, Gill, who was described by manager Sir Alex Ferguson as a “brilliant man” last week but has come under criticism from fans for maintaining his public support of the Glazer regime, is earning almost twice as much as when United was a PLC. In the last financial year before the Americans took over the club in 2005, Gill’s pay package was £1.009m.

Arsenal have also amply rewarded their chief executive during a season in which they failed to lift a trophy for the fifth consecutive season but delivered a sparkling set of accounts with club record pre-tax profits of £56m. Gazidis’ package is nearly double that of his predecessor Keith Edelman, who earned £1.056m before leaving Arsenal in 2008.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/10/29/2188933/manchester-uniteds-david-gill-is-highest-paid-premier-league

alexander
29-08-2011, 05:26 PM
money grabbing twats.

Edinburgh Gooner
29-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Cheekey bid for Torres

:getcoat:

danisinkz
29-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Chief executive Ivan Gazidis earned £1.718m in his first full year at Emirates Stadium, including a £938,000 salary, a £669,000 bonus and benefits of £111,000.

What exactly is he getting paid that disgusting amount for? Why would he need a bonus as well as benefits? If it is true it just goes to show how rotten to the core the club is.

Im sure any of us could do his job.... Back up Wenger, assure fans something will happen then laugh all the way to the bank.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Cheekey bid for Torres

:getcoat:

We have Egg Fu Young arriving, Wenger phoned down a £3 takeaway order and our £1.7mill plus bonuses hotshot fucked up and signed some Korean guy. Don't think we can get rid of him now. Anyway, it would be better to save the money and give a pay rise and bonuses to the executives.

Edinburgh Gooner
29-08-2011, 05:59 PM
We have Egg Fu Young arriving, Wenger phoned down a £3 takeaway order and our £1.7mill plus bonuses hotshot fucked up and signed some Korean guy. Don't think we can get rid of him now. Anyway, it would be better to save the money and give a pay rise and bonuses to the executives.

Maybe Villas Boat will be suckered into swapping bender and squid for torres. 2 donkeys are better than one!!!!

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 06:03 PM
We have made an enquiry about Benayoun according to chelsea sources, its on the yellow on ssn

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 06:04 PM
FUUUUUCK - CFC confirm we've made an enquiry about Yossi Benayoun. Will be a stunning coup if we land this global superstar.

alexander
29-08-2011, 06:04 PM
We have made an enquiry about Benayoun according to chelsea sources, its on the yellow on ssn

great. thats soooo exciting. another broken player.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 06:05 PM
We're desperately short of lightweight attacking midfielders, Benayoun is a must get.

alexander
29-08-2011, 06:05 PM

do we actually have any money? makes me wonder, if we do, why are we bargin basement shopping.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 06:08 PM
do we actually have any money? makes me wonder, if we do, why are we bargin basement shopping.

None of the players City, Utd, Chelsea, Pool, Madrid, Barca, Milan have signed are worth the money. These clubs are idiots to have paid so much when they could have signed Fu Manchu or Yosser for pennies. Only Arsenal knows how to properly conduct business in the transfer window.

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 06:09 PM
This is insane.

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 06:11 PM
This is insane.

We are building a team for the future.

Sirjackofwilshere
29-08-2011, 06:14 PM
How the f has it become this bad so quickly...we were "challenging" for the title last year ffs

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 06:19 PM
cheeky bid for modric?

Bergkampwonderland10
a far better player than anyone we've signed.

Is it also correct that Athletico sold Aguero for 38million and then spent 35million on Falcao from Porto? Wow - funny how some clubs replace their good players with other good players.

Marc Overmars
Looks like there could be something in the Yossi link then.

If he can produce his Liverpool form he would be a handy player for us. Had a horrible injury last year which is why he's never got going at Chelsea so I wouldn't read too much into that.

It is frustrating though how we're going for our rivals deadwood.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 06:20 PM
@SkySportsNews: Sky Sources: Arsenal make enquiry to Chelsea for Yossi Benayoun.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Looks like there could be something in the Yossi link then.

If he can produce his Liverpool form he would be a handy player for us. Had a horrible injury last year which is why he's never got going at Chelsea so I wouldn't read too much into that.

It is frustrating though how we're going for our rivals deadwood.

Us Chelsea's rivals best laugh i've had all day,