PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Japan Shaking All Over
06-06-2011, 05:23 AM
Looks like cesc is fucking off too
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/194506/Mad-for-Cesc-Fabregas/

or he could be staying and the present he gave to Arshavin was a message for the little Ruskie to sling his hook......depends on how deep you want to look into it

not a member of the Mindless Optimism Clique for nothing
:dancingman:

on a serious note, I have always been a believer thaat when a player starts to clamour for the door, Ade was one, Cesc and Nasri, Nic and Denilson are three and a half more than the best thing to do is show them the way but my only reservation is that we are no longer captained by a leader who knows how to replace these losses......if AW can be trusted to bring in the quality to take these guys places then we can confidently say 'You want out? see you later!' but if the opposite is true then we are defo running a massive risk allowing an exodus on mass!

I also do not believe that we 100% need Cesc, don't get me wrong he is a great player and on his day one of the best around, but do we also play badly when he is out of the side? the answer is 'no', granted we don't also play great either but we don't play great with him in the team too

would he be a loss, initial answer 'yes' but giving it a second thought and hoping beyond hope AW gets back his ability of buying quality then the strength behind the answer begins to fade......a lot does depend on a multitude of 'ifs'

Xhaka Can’t
06-06-2011, 06:36 AM
Yeah. If by good, you mean, starting off well only to turn to shite as he does everywhere else, then I make you right.

Cant see him wanting to move down a couple of levels tbh

Hes played at the highest level with Real

Our boy come good :bow:

So much for the Arsenal curse :rose:

Japan Shaking All Over
06-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
Cant see him wanting to move down a couple of levels tbh

Hes played at the highest level with Real

Our boy come good

So much for the Arsenal curse

Yeah. If by good, you mean, starting off well only to turn to shite as he does everywhere else, then I make you right.

that being the case then we shouldn't be scared of selling on our players to PL teams.....may give us more of a chance in the league:good:

(bit of a pain in the nuts to get more than one quote up.......of course unless I'm doing something wrong!!!)

isv
06-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Surely if Ade was that good, he would be staying at Real ?????

isv
06-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Tbh if Nasri wants to leave then fuck him let him leave but Man u will not be his destination...

If Nasri leaves he will be at Birmingham City in a few years just like Hleb was....

IBK
06-06-2011, 10:40 AM

This.

ESPN Star 3 June

Madrid drive hard bargain for Adebayor

Real Madrid are keen to sign Emmanuel Adebayor for good, but not for the price Manchester City are asking for.
According to reports in the Mirror, manager Jose Mourinho only rates the striker at £7 million, half of what the 2010-11 FA Cup winners are asking for.
This would represent a huge loss for the Manchester club, given they splashed out £21 million to pry the Togolese from Arsenal.
However, what is significant is that Mancini has no interest in playing Adebayor, and wants to get his £220,000-a-week salary off their wage bill.
The striker has recently admitted he is keen to stay in Spain to AS, saying: "I love Madrid, I want to continue. My friends tell me that I seem happier, even when I'm on the bench".
He has scored eight goals in his time with the La Liga giants.

A £7/8M valuation from one of the best managers in the business is hardly a ringing endorsement (and makes a mockery of his £21M transfer to Citeh). Neither do the reports of interest from Spurs and Newcastle for Greedybayor's services.

For all the criticism levelled at him, AW rarely gets departures wrong, and IMO he has been proven right about Greedy.

Japan Shaking All Over
06-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Madrid drive hard bargain for Adebayor

Real Madrid are keen to sign Emmanuel Adebayor for good, but not for the price Manchester City are asking for.
According to reports in the Mirror, manager Jose Mourinho only rates the striker at £7 million, half of what the 2010-11 FA Cup winners are asking for.
This would represent a huge loss for the Manchester club, given they splashed out £21 million to pry the Togolese from Arsenal.
However, what is significant is that Mancini has no interest in playing Adebayor, and wants to get his £220,000-a-week salary off their wage bill.
The striker has recently admitted he is keen to stay in Spain to AS, saying: "I love Madrid, I want to continue. My friends tell me that I seem happier, even when I'm on the bench".
He has scored eight goals in his time with the La Liga giants.

My friends tell me that I seem happier, even when I'm on the bench".

looks like you're going to happy for a long time Ade.......if you ask nicely you might be allowed to take the bench home with you

AKBapologist
06-06-2011, 11:17 AM
£220,000-a-week salary off their wage bill.
Puts our wage structure into perspective.

Özim
06-06-2011, 11:46 AM
This.

A £7/8M valuation from one of the best managers in the business is hardly a ringing endorsement (and makes a mockery of his £21M transfer to Citeh). Neither do the reports of interest from Spurs and Newcastle for Greedybayor's services.

For all the criticism levelled at him, AW rarely gets departures wrong, and IMO he has been proven right about Greedy.
Let's get this right, he didn't want to sell him. He blamed the fans that year and said they were too harsh, Greedy wanted to leave and did...Wenger would have kept him given the chance.

Wenger does get departures right on the whole, but with this guy he didn't have a choice...he wanted to leave after the season where Adebayor didn't feel appreciated.

Niall_Quinn
06-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Wilshere frustrates me cos i know he has it in him to play that brilliant pass. The pass yesterday to Bent was awesome but he doesnt do it anywhere near enough and just passes it along to someone else.

Even more frustrating when he does it when he has the opportunity to shoot although this is an Arsenal problem and not just a Wilshere problem.

But like i said many times before, hes young and he will get better.

What he needs more than anything is a manager who can nurture his talents rather than coach it out of him like Wenger

Jack will go on to be the best midfielder in the world, he's already halfway there. A naturally talented player, the sort you can't create through training. When he adds experience to that talent he'll be unstoppable. And he'll be playing for Man Utd when that happens. A natural replacement for Scholes though he may even end up better. We can forget about Jack, he won't be sticking around with us as we enter a downturn, I won't blame him either. He's a player that deserves to play at the highest level. Hope he stays in England though because I like watching him play.

Niall_Quinn
06-06-2011, 12:04 PM
I personally have a feeling we're going to see a lot more of Chamakh next season

I hate the negativity on here at the moment, but I'm afraid I think you are correct - we'll see a lot of Chamakh next year.

KSE Comedy Club
06-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Puts our wage structure into perspective.

Yep, shows how ridiculous Citeh's is.

Joker
06-06-2011, 12:16 PM
I hate the negativity on here at the moment, but I'm afraid I think you are correct - we'll see a lot of Chamakh next year.

If that happens we are serious shit.

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Barcelona (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/teams/spain/125/barcelona) have offered 20-year-old midfield wonderkid Thiago Alcantara (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/spain/12515/thiago-alc%C3%A1ntara-do-nascimento) to Arsenal (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/teams/england/94/arsenal) in the hope of persuading Arsene Wenger (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/france/2843/ars%C3%A8ne-wenger) to part with captain Cesc Fabregas (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/spain/2840/cesc-f%C3%A0bregas) in a deal worth £50 million, according to the Mirror.

The youngster, son of former Brazil and Barcelona player (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/06/2519735/barcelona-offer-thiago-alcantara-to-arsenal-as-part-of-50m#) Mazinho, is regarded as one of the most gifted prospects to come through the Catalans' illustrious youth academy in recent years, and has shone in Spain's youth ranks at both the Under-21 European Championships and the Under-20 World Cup.

But Thiago has found it difficult competing with the likes of Xavi and Andres Iniesta for first team (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/06/2519735/barcelona-offer-thiago-alcantara-to-arsenal-as-part-of-50m#) opportunities with the Spanish giants this term, and manager Pep Guardiola is now thought to be willing to let him leave if he can tempt Fabregas back to Camp Nou.

Arsenal boss Wenger remains determined to keep hold of his captain despite Barcelona's long-standing interest in the 24-year-old as he looks to finally end the Gunners' six-year long trophy (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/06/2519735/barcelona-offer-thiago-alcantara-to-arsenal-as-part-of-50m#) drought next season.

The problem of replacing Fabregas means the Frenchman is understood to be reluctant to let his playmaker leave the Emirates Stadium even if the La Liga champions (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/06/2519735/barcelona-offer-thiago-alcantara-to-arsenal-as-part-of-50m#) meet his £40m asking price, but the additional offer of a promising talent such as Thiago could yet persuade him to sell.

Reports in Spain had earlier suggested that Wenger met the Catalan youngster for talks while Barcelona were in London for the Champions League final (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/06/2519735/barcelona-offer-thiago-alcantara-to-arsenal-as-part-of-50m#) last month as both parties weigh up the deal.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/06/2519735/barcelona-offer-thiago-alcantara-to-arsenal-as-part-of-50m

Rather take the money tbh.

Not more youngsters

AKBapologist
06-06-2011, 12:21 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/06/2519735/barcelona-offer-thiago-alcantara-to-arsenal-as-part-of-50m

Not more youngsters

Barcelona's Thiago Alcantara will not be heading to Arsenal as part of a deal for Cesc Fabregas, according to the youngster's father.
The Catalan giants are expected to launch yet another move for the Gunners midfield star in the summer and reports had suggested they would offer Alcantara as part of a £50million player-plus-cash deal.
The 20-year-old struggled to break into the Barca side last season but his father, former Brazil international Mazinho, believes Alcantara has a place at Camp Nou and is a part of boss Pep Guardiola's plans for the 2011/2012 campaign.
"We have seen the news in the papers, but I believe that Thiago is in the plans of Guardiola for next season," Mazinho told EFE.
"My son stays at Barcelona. They have a contract and we have decided it's continuity.
"Thiago is developing and needs to evolve.
"This season was important, but next season could be better."
http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/53999/No_Arsenal_move_for_Alcantara.aspx?
Yeah, it's bullshit tbh.

Niall_Quinn
06-06-2011, 12:22 PM
If that happens we are serious shit.

We're already in serious shit. It's only the inertia that's keeping the illusion alive. Arsenal is like Crazy Coyote, we've slowly walked backwards over the years and eventually walked off the cliff edge, and we're in that comedy pause before we plunge.

AKBapologist
06-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Joe Cole is off to spuds for 3mill apparently...

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 12:23 PM
http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/53999/No_Arsenal_move_for_Alcantara.aspx?
Yeah, it's bullshit tbh.

Good news

Joker
06-06-2011, 12:23 PM
I think we should let Cesc go tbh, otherwise this tedious saga will carry on every season, with Cesc pining for Barca every year and behaving as if he's doing us a favour by playing for us. Moreover, given that his performances have been substandard this season, it seems clear he's disillusioned with the club and its direction (although he shouldn't forget he must take a lot of responsibility for our lack of success over the last 5 seasons) I say we sell Cesc, get a top quality replacement in and perhaps that could signal a more flexible style of football that is more suited to winning trophies. Cesc is a very good player, but at times he was part of the problem in terms of us going down blind alleys and unable to change our way of playing in response to different circumstances.

Niall_Quinn
06-06-2011, 12:25 PM

Not more youngsters

That's how they'll do it, take £20-25mill plus another "wonderkid" who ends up either delivering nothing or getting sold on in 2 years because we can't afford the wages. That will be the £54m. Wouldn't be surprised if we sold him back to Barca because he had Barca in his DNA. It would mark us out as the ultimate feeder club which is what the board and manager seem to want.

Niall_Quinn
06-06-2011, 12:28 PM
I think we should let Cesc go tbh, otherwise this tedious saga will carry on every season, with Cesc pining for Barca every year and behaving as if he's doing us a favour by playing for us. Moreover, given that his performances have been substandard this season, it seems clear he's disillusioned with the club and its direction (although he shouldn't forget he must take a lot of responsibility for our lack of success over the last 5 seasons) I say we sell Cesc, get a top quality replacement in and perhaps that could signal a more flexible style of football that is more suited to winning trophies. Cesc is a very good player, but at times he was part of the problem in terms of us going down blind alleys and unable to change our way of playing in response to different circumstances.

It would be better to keep Cesc, get a proper manager in and make some signings to repair the damage Wenger has done over many years. But that would require spending some of the money clawed in from scalping the fans - so yes, it looks like the only other option is to sell our best players and tumble down the league.

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Arsenal and Liverpool are considering a bid for Barcelona's unwanted 20-year-old striker Bojan.
Full story: Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1394621/Arsenal-Liverpool-want-Barcelonas-Bojan.html)

Arsenal's Emmanuel Eboue, 28, has emerged as a QPR transfer target after the Gunners signalled they are willing to listen to offers for the utility player.
Full story: Metro (http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/865349-emmanuel-eboue-eyed-by-qpr-as-arsenal-look-to-sell)

Bojan is shit so no thanks.

Eboue can go though

Olivier's xmas twist
06-06-2011, 12:37 PM

Eboue can go though:gp:

Özim
06-06-2011, 12:43 PM

Eboue can go though
Yup Bojan is sh*t.

Eboue can take his tiger soon with him.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Has the T window actually Openend.

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Has the T window actually Openend.

Officially it opens 1st July

However that doesnt stop us buying players. It just becomes official on that date

IBK
06-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Let's get this right, he didn't want to sell him. He blamed the fans that year and said they were too harsh, Greedy wanted to leave and did...Wenger would have kept him given the chance.

Wenger does get departures right on the whole, but with this guy he didn't have a choice...he wanted to leave after the season where Adebayor didn't feel appreciated.

I'm afraid that you are professing a knowledge of what happens in AW's head that you don't have. Do you really think that the manager sold Greedy because of the views of Arsenal fans?

And before you go believing ecerything the manager says, how about this from the player?

Mirror: 28 February 2010

Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor knows his return to the Emirates will be "hell" but claims he never wanted to leave Arsenal.
Adebayor, who spent three-and-a-half years in North London before a summer move to Eastlands, caused controversy when he faced his former team for the first time in September, running the entire length of the pitch to celebrate a goal in front of the Arsenal fans. The Togo international was also found guilty of violent conduct after an incident involving former team-mate Robin van Persie and the 26-year-old will be in for a torrid reception on his return to his old stomping ground on April 24.
"It will be 90 minutes of hell," he told French television channel Canal Plus. "The fans will boo me, insult me, because, until now, they haven't understood why I left. I'm the bad guy."
He added: "I shouldn't have done that (the celebration) but we are all human. I made a mistake, but who doesn't?"

[/URL]

http://pixel.quantserve.com/pixel/p-5aWVS_roA1dVM.gif?labels=Entertainment_and_Leisure
Adebayor's departure to City was shrouded in mystery with reports of dressing room bust-ups, while Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has always maintained the forward was offloaded after he asked to leave.
However, the former Monaco attacker insists that is all nonsense.
"Arsene Wenger can never say that I wanted to leave," added Adebayor. "It was because Arsene didn't want me anymore.
"If Arsene has a big heart we can go on a TV show to have a debate and he will never say I told him I wanted to leave the club.
"He'll never say that. He knows it full well. I respect him enormously, and he knows that, but the most annoying thing about the whole story is when people say I wanted to leave for the money. If I had really wanted to, I would have left two years ago for the money and gone to Milan or Barcelona."
"I read that it was me who was the troublemaker in the changing room. That's unbelievable. If one player can say that I, Emmanuel Adebayor, spoke badly to anyone in the changing rooms then I'd honestly like to know who it is. It has never happened in my life."

So the manager didn't want to go, the player didn't want to go, but he left anyway?

To me its clear that the player was unsettled, but where a player has a long time left on his contract it is generally the manager who makes the decision. AW decided to cash in, and in hindsight it looks like a clever move.

(javascript:void(0);)
[URL="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/profile/?uAction=register"]

AKBapologist
06-06-2011, 01:26 PM
@MarcoSilva11 says Gervinho has rejected Newcastle and will be announced as an Arsenal player on Wednesday.
:lol:

AKBapologist
06-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Officially it opens 1st July

However that doesnt stop us buying players. It just becomes official on that date

The domestic transfer window opened the week after the last game of the season. Nothing stopping us from signing players from the EPL.

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Dont believe anything i read on Twitter tbh

Well whats posted on here from Twitter that is.

gunsofashburtongrove
06-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Yup Bojan is sh*t.

Eboue can take his tiger soon with him.

Gone are the days when Arsenal used to win trophies, had a great counter attacking games, and great dis-agreements between cripps and zim. Wenger what have you done

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Gone are the days when Arsenal used to win trophies, had a great counter attacking games, and great dis-agreements between cripps and zim. Wenger what have you done

:gp:

I realised that Zimm was right all along about Wenger.

Just not about certain players..

gunsofashburtongrove
06-06-2011, 01:39 PM

Zim was like a visionary ahead of his time a bit like Arsene Wenger :run:

Olivier's xmas twist
06-06-2011, 01:47 PM

Never thought i see the day when ACH agreed with Zimm thinka must be bad at Arsenal for real lol

Japan Shaking All Over
06-06-2011, 03:06 PM
word has it that Cripps pleaded insanity and got let off........

whereas poor Zimm, writing was on the wall, everyone could see if was a loon and needed to be carted off

Zimm:bow:

Japan Shaking All Over
06-06-2011, 03:16 PM
That's how they'll do it, take £20-25mill plus another "wonderkid" who ends up either delivering nothing or getting sold on in 2 years because we can't afford the wages. That will be the £54m. Wouldn't be surprised if we sold him back to Barca because he had Barca in his DNA. It would mark us out as the ultimate feeder club which is what the board and manager seem to want.

take £20-25mill plus another "wonderkid"

so if we are asking 50+mil for Cesc, by taking 20-25mil+the wonderkid are we being led to believe that this kid is the same value as Cesc?

seem to remember Yaya went to Citeh for 20+mil and thought how convenient, Cesc must go for more
however after watching Yaya play this season.......you might have the price spot on Niall Quinn

Xhaka Can’t
06-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Is nobody at least a little bit excited about having a massive £15m (inc wages and kit costs) transfer kitty after we sell Cesc, Nasri, Bendtner and Arshavin for £75m?

Marc Overmars
06-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Is nobody at least a little bit excited about having a massive £15m (inc wages and kit costs) transfer kitty after we sell Cesc, Nasri, Bendtner and Arshavin for £75m?

15m?

We wish!

The Realist
06-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Djourou wants competition for places. (http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/arsenal-ace-hopeful-of-summer-investment)

We'll definitely need it if he plays like he did against England on Saturday :pal:

Özim
06-06-2011, 04:57 PM

whereas poor Zimm, writing was on the wall, everyone could see if was a loon and needed to be carted off

Zimm R.I.P

Toronto Gooner
06-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Djourou wants competition for places. (http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/arsenal-ace-hopeful-of-summer-investment)

We'll definitely need it if he plays like he did against England on Saturday :pal:
If he plays like he did on Saturday, it is replacement that will be required, not competition.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-06-2011, 05:41 PM

Off topic a bit but where is ZIMM has he registered for GW yet

Olivier's xmas twist
06-06-2011, 05:43 PM
If he plays like he did on Saturday, it is replacement that will be required, not competition.

Cripps_orig
06-06-2011, 05:49 PM

No...

Xhaka Can’t
06-06-2011, 05:56 PM
No...

Me neither.

Özim
06-06-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm here :wave:

Sirjackofwilshere
06-06-2011, 10:58 PM
We seek him here, we seek him there, that elusive transfer we seek him everywhere, The Arsenal Transfer Pimpernel

:partytime:

Niall_Quinn
07-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Apparently we've agreed terms with Reims for Jonathan Kodjia, 5yr contract £10Mill. Anyone ever heard of him?
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/194786/Arsenal-grab-10m-Kodjia/

Japan Shaking All Over
07-06-2011, 07:48 AM
Apparently we've agreed terms with Reims for Jonathan Kodjia, 5yr contract £10Mill. Anyone ever heard of him?

couldn't find the story but did find this......

ARSENAL are *considering a shock move for Owen *Hargreaves if he is released by Manchester United at the end of the season.

and that was bad enough........fuck me this is the type of mindless transfer gossip story I can see us completing.....

'bang' 'bang' the wantaways are breaking the door down to get back in with the thought of playing with Hargreaves

Özim
07-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Can't find the Kodjia story, hope it's BS though he's only played for Reims twice...he'd be another nobody (please no more of those)...but he is French so it wouldn't surprise me if the cheapskate Wenger was at it again. But 10 million WTF!!!

As for Hargreaves, great move another permacrock that's all we need. It really grates me to have such a stingy manager.

Hump
07-06-2011, 08:09 AM
. It really grates me to have such a stingy manager.

:good: You're not wrong fella. Henry, Fabregas, Pires, Vieira, Petit, Overmas and Grimandi were a complete waste of money.

KSE Comedy Club
07-06-2011, 09:07 AM
:good: You're not wrong fella. Henry, Fabregas, Pires, Vieira, Petit, Overmas and Grimandi were a complete waste of money.

:doh:

They were all bought years ago and have all moved on bar Cesc.

You been around for the last 6 years? :rolleyes:

Fist of Lehmann
07-06-2011, 10:16 AM

The who from where?

I swear you're just making this shit up bro.

LDG
07-06-2011, 10:30 AM
:haha:

NQ :bow:

The Wengerbabies
07-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Cheeky Barcelona are hitting Arsenal with a double whammy in their latest bid for skipper Cesc Fabregas.

The Champions League winners are going to offer LESS money for Fabregas than they bid a year ago, and though the Catalan giants will throw in young star Thiago Alcantara they want to have the option to bring him back.

Barca have confirmed their chase for old boy Fabregas is now on, but at well below Arsenal’s £54million asking price.

They only want to go to £28m plus £7m-rated Alcantara, which is short of the final offer - of £38m - they made last summer.

While the bizarre package would see gifted Spanish Under-20 hope Alcantara go to the Emirates, Barca are insisting a buy-back clause is included in the deal in case he is a success in the Premier League.

The proposal will both frustrate and amuse Gunners manager Arsene Wenger, who knows that Barcelona's annual pursuit of Fabregas will dog his summer spending plans.

Wenger would take Alcantara, but not at the expense of his captain and at such a low price.

Barca also expect to agree a fee with Villarreal for ex-Manchester United striker Guiseppe Rossi and are trying to close a deal for Udinese’s versatile Chile attacker Alexis Sanchez, but are under growing pressure from Manchester United.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Cesc-Fabregas-wanted-Barcelona-but-latest-35m-cash-plus-player-proposal-worth-less-than-their-final-offer-last-summer-article744956.html#ixzz1OaV2W3bw
Sign up for MirrorFootball's Morning Spy newsletter Register here (http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/profile/?uAction=register)

Cunts. So basically if he turns out to be good they want him back on the cheap, probably because of his Barca DNA.

Fist of Lehmann
07-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know anything about this Alcantara dude?
I've heard him mentioned but don't remember seeing him play.

Rated at £7m makes him sound like he'd be roughly 7/8ths as good as one Denilson.

KSE Comedy Club
07-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Cunts. So basically if he turns out to be good they want him back on the cheap, probably because of his Barca DNA.

I really dont see what is so bad about this?

That is Barca's offer, we just tell them to fuck off and shove their shitty deal up their fucking asses.

Double whammy over.
Simples.

Niall_Quinn
07-06-2011, 01:11 PM

They went as high as £28m? Otherwise Barca are predictable. They are arrogant twats who lack respect. One day they'll be on the receiving end, what goes up must come down.

Meanwhile, Kodjia is allegedly in London looking at property.

Cripps_orig
07-06-2011, 01:22 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/07/2521643/southampton-attempt-to-ward-off-arsenal-manchester-united-by

£15m for a League one player? :lol:

English Tax :bow:

Also at the end of the article, it mentions we are apparently after the new Bale as well

Japan Shaking All Over
07-06-2011, 04:00 PM
going to linked with everybody bar the kitchen sink

I am refusing to get my hopes up like I have since the possible Tevez/Mascharano saga.........was convinced we were going to land Tevez

but it is only June, come August going to be updating every website every minute......bit sad really

am looking forward to seeing what Frimpong can do.......looked OK in his brief pre-season appearnaces last year

server too busy!
07-06-2011, 04:05 PM
As far as I can see we're after:

Samba
Jones
Cahill
Falcao
Gervinho
Benezma

Out of those I can only see us getting Samba and Gervinho. We need a big name striker coming in and some back up for Song, I've heard Matuidi.

Cripps_orig
07-06-2011, 07:50 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6969855,00.html

Liverpool and Arsenal fighting it out for Jones and Dann

Marc Overmars
07-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Jones has always impressed whenever I've seen him. Can't say I've seen too much of Dann but he was very good for Birmingham apparently, many felt their slump and his injury was no coincidence.

Can't see us signing either unless we are planning on flogging Squid, otherwise we'd have 5 CB's.

They'd both have to be very patient as well because Verm, Djourou and Kos are settled. I think they'd be better off at Liverpool as they would be groomed into taking over from Carragher and that Greek oaf they have is a bit shit too.

AKBapologist
07-06-2011, 08:26 PM
@nanas08 (narsi's official account) - just want tell you dont listen the newspaper and the rumours i will let you know if something happen

(as posted in the Nasri thread. doh)

Marc Overmars
07-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Only just found out that Real Madrid signed Nuri Sahin for 10m Euros. Bargain there tbh.

AKBapologist
08-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Liverpool and Sunderland agreed 20 million deal for Henderson. Actually 13 million + Ngog who both teams agreed is worth 7mill

According to ssn
Ngog is boss, fancy a name change?

Liverpool just got robbed

AKBapologist
08-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Also

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/06/06/Gunners-line-up-Baines-bid/gnid-96345/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3624055/Shakhtar-Donetsk-are-ready-to-do-business-with-Arsenal-over-Willian.html

Flavs
08-06-2011, 07:41 AM
As far as I can see we're after:

Samba
Jones
Cahill
Falcao
Gervinho
Benezma

Out of those I can only see us getting Samba and Gervinho. We need a big name striker coming in and some back up for Song, I've heard Matuidi.

Frimpong and Coquelin will be back up to song. I think the gervinho rumour started on here to be honest.

Samba is a posibility but i still think Wenger is letting the papers do all the speculating while he is off in South America getting his real targets.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-06-2011, 08:53 AM
the Samba link has gone quiet so what do we have......the Jones and BBC had Cahill stories back up and running

don't really know anything about Dann except when we played Brum last season

any of the top three would be good.....leaning towards either Samba or Jones but would Blackburn sell two of their defenders, especially seeing that they stayed up......Cahill is also a good poss but he still strikes me as a bit pricey......we may have some dead wood to throw into the deal??

selassie
08-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Jones has always impressed whenever I've seen him. Can't say I've seen too much of Dann but he was very good for Birmingham apparently, many felt their slump and his injury was no coincidence.

Can't see us signing either unless we are planning on flogging Squid, otherwise we'd have 5 CB's.

They'd both have to be very patient as well because Verm, Djourou and Kos are settled. I think they'd be better off at Liverpool as they would be groomed into taking over from Carragher and that Greek oaf they have is a bit shit too.

Would love Jones here, I think he's a very good player now with the potential to be a great player. It's quite handy that he can play CB or DM too. I rate Jones above all our CB's with the exception of Tommy V.

I think we do hold a genuine interest in Jones, apparently we had a 10Mill bid rejected for him last summer. Arsene obviously really likes him and doesn't want to miss out on him.

I read somewhere recently that Jones said he likes our style of play so there's a good chance we could get him despite the fact he has Liverpool, Citeh, Man U, Spuds & Chelski looking at him too.

Edited to add: Not that keen on Dann, I don't think he's an upgrade on either Djourou or Kos even though he's a different type of CB to what we currently have.

selassie
08-06-2011, 08:57 AM

Liverpool are really inflating the market, 20mill for Henderson is crazy.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Also

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/06/06/Gunners-line-up-Baines-bid/gnid-96345/

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3624055/Shakhtar-Donetsk-are-ready-to-do-business-with-Arsenal-over-Willian.html

£4 million plus Denilson for William seems a brgain tbh

Shaqiri Is Boss
08-06-2011, 09:16 AM

I'm on a roll.

Babel, N'Gog... Poulsen next?
Or N'Gog Is Gone.

I hope it isn't £20m +NGog, or even £16m+NGog but it's not my money so I won't get worked up over it. 5 centre mids though seems like a lot...

Olivier's xmas twist
08-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Theo Walcott has revealed that he can understand why some of his Arsenal team-mates might be considering their futures at the club.
The likes of Cesc Fabregas (http://topics.skysports.com/Cesc+Fabregas/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Samir Nasri (http://topics.skysports.com/Samir+Nasri/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif have been linked with moves away from Emirates Stadium after another trophyless season for the Gunners.
Walcott has made it clear that he wants Arsene Wenger to strengthen his squad rather than let any of his star men leave.
However, he appreciates how frustrating it must be for such ambitious players to keep going without success, and hopes Arsenal (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif can finally end their long wait for silverware next term.

"The manager has said he is going to spend this summer and I'm intrigued to see who we're going to get," Walcott said in The Sun.
"We've got a small squad and it would be nice to see a few additions. I've heard rumours of Real Madrid's (http://topics.skysports.com/Real+Madrid/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif Karim Benzema and signing a player of that calibre would get the crowd on their feet and help us hold on to our best players.
"Of course I can understand why some of our players might be getting frustrated and thinking about leaving. They want to win things and we haven't done that for six years.
"I'm the same. I don't want to remembered just for being quick. I want to be in the history books for winning things like Ryan Giggs (http://topics.skysports.com/Ryan+Giggs/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Paul Scholes. (http://topics.skysports.com/Paul+Scholes/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif
"I'm lucky, I'm still only 22 so I've still got a lot of time on my side.
"But when you're at a big club like Arsenal and playing great football, you need to be winning things and at the moment the silverware is just not there."

Walcott accepts that it will be difficult to win the Premier League title when the new campaign kicks off with all the other contenders likely to mount stronger challenges.
"Now we have Manchester City, (http://topics.skysports.com/Manchester+City/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif Spurs and Liverpool (http://topics.skysports.com/liverpool/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif coming into the frame and building on their squads, so it's not going to be easy next season," he said.
"Everyone at the club needs a break physically as well as mentally because things are going to change at Arsenal. We all still believe in what we're doing but we have to start winning trophies."
Walcott hopes to play a more central role in the future, having been deployed on the wing for the majority of his Arsenal career since arriving in 2006 from Southampton. (http://topics.skysports.com/southampton/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif
"I want to play up front a bit more. I was signed as a striker and I haven't forgotten how to play there," he insisted.
"It's difficult to get involved when you're out on the wing, especially if you make a slow start and don't get an early touch.
"But hopefully the boss has seen a bit more of my game coming out with goals and assists.
"With me being quick I can attract opponents and create more space for others.
"I'm not saying I'm going to win everything for Arsenal playing as a striker but I think I've developed and want to play up front."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6970277,00.html

AKBapologist
08-06-2011, 10:13 AM
http://www.arsenal.com/news/reserves-news/carl-jenkinson-joins-arsenal

Maybe thats the signing marco silver was talking about?

milla
08-06-2011, 10:18 AM

That's the end for Eboue then :coffee:

Hump
08-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Jenkinson of Charlton. That's the experienced CB sorted then.

LDG
08-06-2011, 11:07 AM

"We already signed one. We are looking at maybe one, maybe two, but they have to be super super quality. The priority is to keep the squad together. We have a big squad, you look we have Djourou, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Squilacci and Alex (song) can play there too. Now we have Jenkinson who can play CB"

Cunt.

budesonide
08-06-2011, 11:17 AM
"We already signed one. We are looking at maybe one, maybe two, but they have to be super super quality. The priority is to keep the squad together. We have a big squad, you look we have Djourou, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Squilacci and Alex (song) can play there too. Now we have Jenkinson who can play CB"

[QUOTE=LDG;6875]Cunt.

And a massive one he is. Unbelievable this man. Deja vu all over again

Marc Overmars
08-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Jenko :bow:

Welcome.

That's our business done. Roll on August.

budesonide
08-06-2011, 11:23 AM
"We are looking at maybe one, maybe two, but they have to be super super quality. The priority is to keep the squad together."

Isn't that what this guy says every summer -- then he goes on to sign players like chamakh? Was chamakh super super quality?

I despair

:facepalm:

Ironing
08-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Hope that isn't a real quote

This signing has been aptly categorized into the 'reserves' section of the site mind you

Özim
08-06-2011, 11:38 AM
and so another summer of mickey mouse signings begins......

LDG
08-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Jenko :bow:

Welcome.

That's our business done. Roll on August.

As always. Quick and business-like. The lads can now focus on training and prep for the new season. Pass and move boys, pass and move.

Ironing
08-06-2011, 11:42 AM
pass and move, pass and move, pass and move, get to opposition penalty area, pass and move, pass and move, lose ball

DJ Philosophe
08-06-2011, 12:04 PM
pass and move, pass and move, pass and move, get to opposition penalty area, pass and move, pass and move, lose ball

There's also a cross to no one somewhere in that attacking style....

So recently all the talk is about Nasri and Cesc...guess that means we are keeping Arshavin then? Been saying it for years, we have too many of the same player. One of them needs to go, preferably Cesc for a lot of money.

Which is the reason we switched to 4-3-3 to accommodate all these attacking midfielders. We need to go back to a 4-4-2 and play RvP/Theo up top and bring in Cham-wow when we need some height(and comical relief). Let Nasri & Arshavin fight for the ACM role and let Song & new signing/Frimpong fight for the DCM. a 4-3-3 is too predictable to defend against especially when all we do is pass & move with no shooting from distance...

Just my rambling for today...

AKBapologist
08-06-2011, 12:06 PM
http://football-talk.co.uk/26054/breaking-arsenal-liverpool-target-phil-jones-having-united-medical/?

LDG
08-06-2011, 12:08 PM
http://football-talk.co.uk/26054/breaking-arsenal-liverpool-target-phil-jones-having-united-medical/?

It's ok. We have Jenkinson.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-06-2011, 12:11 PM
meh we were never gettting jones, its rare you get lads from up north coming to play down south, mancs would have been his 1st choice anyway

selassie
08-06-2011, 12:15 PM
meh we were never gettting jones, its rare you get lads from up north coming to play down south, mancs would have been his 1st choice anyway

Wenger probably bulked at the price.

"We will not pay more than what we think zee player is worth"

Mr.Singh
08-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Jones spoke to wenger last night.....looks like wenger fucked it up

selassie
08-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Jones spoke to wenger last night.....looks like wenger fucked it up

To be fair to Wenger if that's the case then Jones has simply chosen Man United over us. It's no surprise, most players would chose them over us, right now it's a no brainer.

Cripps_orig
08-06-2011, 01:22 PM
To be fair to Wenger if that's the case then Jones has simply chosen Man United over us. It's no surprise, most players would chose them over us, right now it's a no brainer.

Ramsey didnt

Ramsey :pal:

But then Ferguson did send Gary Neville to convince Ramsey. I see Fergies learnt from that mistake :(

Ironing
08-06-2011, 01:27 PM
We must have sent Eboue to talk to Jones then

Olivier's xmas twist
08-06-2011, 01:59 PM
We must have sent Eboue to talk to Jones then

Nah we sent Almunia Jones saw who he'd be defending infront of and thought "fuck this shit"

AKBapologist
08-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Drogba has handed in a transfer request... Sneeky bid?

Ironing
08-06-2011, 02:41 PM

Cocks out time

Source?

Marc Overmars
08-06-2011, 02:58 PM
SSN confirm Jones is having a medical at United. The deal could be worth up to 17m apparently.

He those them over us.

*sigh*

server too busy!
08-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Lets be honest though, we wouldn't have spent £17m on him

LDG
08-06-2011, 03:37 PM

I just imagined you saying that like the guy from the Everest adverts.

server too busy!
08-06-2011, 03:39 PM
I just imagined you saying that like the guy from the Everest adverts.
Not seen it, but is he sexy too?

Japan Shaking All Over
08-06-2011, 03:47 PM

yes! wages could be a prob tho!

source?

AKBapologist
08-06-2011, 03:50 PM
yes! wages could be a prob tho!

source?

Twitter and a few sites like caughtoffside, mention he's off to Spuds.

Japan Shaking All Over
08-06-2011, 03:52 PM

but we proably would have gone close to that.......we need to go for the next Samba or Cahill.......both have experience over Jones but Jones would have been a great investment (can't imagine ManU only offering a 3 year deal so he can do a Nasri)

I say get over missing out on Jones and land Samba, he and Verms would be strong at the back......blackburn to lose two CBs in one summer? what are the chances? they won't want to but Samba may not want to hang around now, not unless they get someone in with the dosh?

how about their manager, Kean? may not be the one players want to stay around for?

WengerISaLizard
08-06-2011, 03:53 PM

Oh god no...

i didnt think it was possible to hate the guy even more....i already hate when he scores against us and his smug celebrations, but to add a tottenham shite jersey to the image aswell? surely he cant be they are not even in the CL?

Japan Shaking All Over
08-06-2011, 04:08 PM

its about time for us to get in there before and swipe the player from under the noses.......God the number of times its been done to us!

AKBapologist
08-06-2011, 04:32 PM
was hopeful towards the beginning of the window decent big names linked to us... Now I have a feeling that'll be the worst one of the lot. This period of quietness probably means we're negotiating a deal for Cesc or Nasri. I'm sure hearing as much from twitter.

We needed 2-3 players in addition to the squad we had, now we'll be looking to replace 3-4 others out of the pennies we get from them leaving.

Özim
08-06-2011, 04:36 PM
was hopeful towards the beginning of the window decent big names linked to us... Now I have a feeling that'll be the worst one of the lot. This period of quietness probably means we're negotiating a deal for Cesc or Nasri. I'm sure hearing as much from twitter.

We needed 2-3 players in addition to the squad we had, now we'll be looking to replace 3-4 others out of the pennies we get from them leaving.
Won't happen, even if we sold 3-4 we only sign 2 max 3 players as has been the case before.

We don't replace players, AW considers losing 3-4 players and bringing in 2-3 as adequate.

AKBapologist
08-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Also:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?ie=UTF8&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=es&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/20110607/preacuerdo-por-cesc/1035476.shtml&usg=ALkJrhgDho6rWyv-7Ksh1W6AMQPpIKRhBg

Olivier's xmas twist
08-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Also:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?ie=UTF8&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=es&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/20110607/preacuerdo-por-cesc/1035476.shtml&usg=ALkJrhgDho6rWyv-7Ksh1W6AMQPpIKRhBg

seems like a load of bollox, there is no way they could do shit without the clubs say so.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Ivory Coast star Gervinho has confirmed to skysports.com that he wants to leave French champions Lille.
Lille (http://topics.skysports.com/lille/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif coach Rudi Garcia confirmed to skysports.com earlier this week that the club did not want to lose both Gervinho and Eden Hazard, but conceded one could go.
Gervinho, who is being chased by Arsenal, (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif Liverpool (http://topics.skysports.com/liverpool/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Newcastle, (http://topics.skysports.com/newcastle/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif now appears the most likely departure after confirming his intention to leave.
He also underlined it was ambition to move to England, despite interest from Spain.
"My mind is made up, I am leaving," Gervinho told skysports.com.
Gervinho has just one-year left on his current deal, which means Lille are likely to cash in on him this summer.
"I have made my mind up. I will soon meet the club and let them know, but they understand my feelings that I want to prove myself in a top league in Europe.
"My agents are moving things as I want, people know where my future lies, it is in England."
Ivory Coast

Meanwhile, Gervinho confirmed his intention to help Ivory Coast (http://topics.skysports.com/Ivory+Coast/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif win the African Cup of Nations next year after he helped them qualify for the finals last weekend.
"We qualified our country for the African Nations Cup, (http://topics.skysports.com/African+Nations+Cup/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif we need to go for that and try to win that competition for our country, which has been suffering in the past ten-years of conflict," he added.
"Hopefully we have entered the time of peace."

Looks like we may get him

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6971238,00.html

Rors
08-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Jones can run a bit and got in a decent cross once. Yeah, that's worth 16million.
As for 20million for that water-carrier Henderson... Ye gads!

I think we can safely say any lingering suggestions that Scudamore is right that "all the top players in the world want to come here" can safely be put to bed. (What happened to the "near-certainty" of Lahm joining United? )So to try and cover that fact, potentially decent at best players from these Isles have to go to the 'big clubs' so at least we have the big fees to talk about. Bleedin' barmy.

AKBapologist
08-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Apparently (rumors) benitez is off to Villa...

Rors
08-06-2011, 05:35 PM

:unsure:

McNamara That Ghost...
08-06-2011, 05:46 PM

Enjoy.

Master Splinter
08-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Jones can run a bit and got in a decent cross once. Yeah, that's worth 16million.
As for 20million for that water-carrier Henderson... Ye gads!

Pretty much :wacko:.

Wilshere should fetch around £152 million. Time to offload him to Citeh tbh.

Master Splinter
08-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Rafa :bow:

He is a Must Get for Villa.

I will miss his punditry though.

Darth Vela
08-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Don't even joke about it, they'll be on the phone if they hear Wilshere is that cheap.

Master Splinter
08-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Don't even joke about it, they'll be on the phone if they hear Wilshere is that cheap.
Might as well cash in while the Sheikh is around. After all, everyone knows deep down that football is about money as much as anything they just don't like to be reminded of it (myself included).

Rors
08-06-2011, 06:04 PM

Enjoy.

I will get out no bunting until it is a "facht". And indeed, even then I won't... :lol:

Darth Vela
08-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Might as well cash in while the Sheikh is around. After all, everyone knows deep down that football is about money as much as anything they just don't like to be reminded of it (myself included).

Touche.

Maybe we should.

Sirjackofwilshere
08-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Talking of Citeh, their fans have got themselves into a tissy as their club has yet to go into its annual spazz fest. They're panicking as they haven't brought Sneidjer, Bale, Fabregas yet...all listed targets according to them.

Morans

McNamara That Ghost...
08-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Hopefully if Rafa does join Villa, he'll have some more crazy rants during the season.

AKBapologist
08-06-2011, 06:53 PM
wearethenorthbank.com can exclusively reveal that Arsenal had a bid accepted by Blackburn Rovers for Phil Jones last night.
A bid of £16million was accepted, along with the same bid from Liverpool and Manchester United.

Arsene Wenger was granted permission to talk to Jones last night but it appears that Jones has chosen to stay in Lancashire by opting to sign for United.
The 19-year-old was due to fly out to Denmark with England’s U21′s this afternoon, despite rumours that Jones was due at Liverpool’s training ground, Melwood, for a medical (which we correctly quashed), the defender was then reported to in fact be at United to finalise a move.

Arsenal did however announce the signing of Carl Jenkinson from Charlton, a story broken by wearethenorhbank.com back in April.

http://wearethenorthbank.com/arsenal-had-bid-for-jones-accepted/

budesonide
08-06-2011, 06:56 PM
http://wearethenorthbank.com/arsenal-had-bid-for-jones-accepted/

so the youngsters don't even want to come to us where they will be guaranteed to start and have excuses made for them constantly? ha

AKBapologist
08-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Dodged a bullet I think, not sure what we're doing bidding 16mill on a 5ft 11 defender... even if he's English. Would rather the English quota went to getting Baines and someone else in as we're set to lose bendy and denilson.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Dodged a bullet I think, not sure what we're doing bidding 16mill on a 5ft 11 defender... even if he's English. Would rather the English quota went to getting Baines and someone else in as we're set to lose bendy and denilson.

well at least no one can accuse AW of being tight, maybe he is serious about spending money after all. end of the day we would never have beat UTD for him because he is a lad from up north and that was always in their favour.

Olivier's xmas twist
08-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Udinese have dismissed reports linking Samir Handanovic with a move away from the club this summer.
The Slovenian has enhanced his reputation with a string of assured displays over the past few seasons and is now regarded as one of the finest goalkeepers in the business.
He has reportedly attracted the attention of several rival clubs in Italy as well as some other European teams.
Arsenal, (http://topics.skysports.com/arsenal/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif Roma (http://topics.skysports.com/roma/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif and Atletico Madrid (http://topics.skysports.com/Atletico+Madrid/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif are among those to have been credited with an interest but Udinese (http://topics.skysports.com/udinese/?section=football)http://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer.gif sporting director Fabrizio Larini does not expect him to go anywhere.
"These stories are just rumours," Larini told calciomercato.it.
"As it stands, Samir is our goalkeeper right now and he will probably still be ours during the next campaign too."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6971009,00.html

AKBapologist
08-06-2011, 07:13 PM
well at least no one can accuse AW of being tight, maybe he is serious about spending money after all. end of the day we would never have beat UTD for him because he is a lad from up north and that was always in their favour.

I think we already bid £30mill for Falcao, so wenger's ability to spend money, for me at least wasn't really a question.

Power n Glory
08-06-2011, 07:17 PM
I think we already bid £30mill for Falcao, so wenger's ability to spend money, for me at least wasn't really a question.

I guess we don't need a sugar daddy after all if we can bid that much on a player.

hymppi
08-06-2011, 08:04 PM
falcao would be nice.
oh, and we got the half-finnish defender, jenkins.
yay...

cheesy bites
08-06-2011, 08:43 PM
"Liverpool sign an English hot prospect for £16 million
Manchester United sign an English hot prospect for £16 million
Arsenal sign some kid from the second divison for peanuts. Might be Finnish, I dunno."

I know we shouldn't go splashing the cash on any old player, but it's days like this that make me feel like Arsenal are a bit small-time compared to the other big clubs (in the transfer market), picking up the crumbs for cheap and selling them off to the upper bracket. I'd love that excitement that comes with a top well-known player coming in - god knows we need it.

:(

Özim
08-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Looks like the Arsenal press machine is spreading rumours about big failed bids for players, sounds about right.

Funny how we never sign these players :lol:

budesonide
08-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Looks like the Arsenal press machine is spreading rumours about big failed bids for players, sounds about right.

on the other hand, some will have you believe we've never had any big money to spend.

Power n Glory
08-06-2011, 09:24 PM

Some players we have no intention of signing. Certain spots are on hold for the kids or its a one in one out policy. Look how quickly we snapped up Nasri after Hleb left. Wasted no time with that one.

AKBapologist
08-06-2011, 09:36 PM
@Carl_Jenkinson - cant begin to describe my happiness in joining my boyhood club, a big thank you to all the Arsenal fans who have welcomed me on here :)...

budesonide
08-06-2011, 09:41 PM
@Carl_Jenkinson - cant begin to describe my happiness in joining my boyhood club, a big thank you to all the Arsenal fans who have welcomed me on here :)...

pardon the cynic in me:

but in a few years he will be demanding we pay him daniel alves wages when chelsea,barcelona,Man U, liverpool,milan, Man city etc are rumoured to be interested in him.

"arsenal is my boyhood club, but I need to win trophies -- i will only be remembered for that" etc

Marc Overmars
08-06-2011, 09:42 PM
No, in a few years he will be on his 4th loan spell at a Championship club because there is no room for him the squad.

AKBapologist
08-06-2011, 09:44 PM
From Tim Payton

http://mformethod.com/bin/317166647.jpg

Özim
08-06-2011, 09:45 PM
No, in a few years he will be on his 4th loan spell at a Championship club because there is no room for him the squad.
This guy has played 8 times for Charlton and they don't seem that bothered about losing him either, hardly a ringing endorsement of his talent.

Oh more importantly he played 4 times for Eastbourne Borough on loan too.

AKBapologist
08-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Some ITK stuff - pinch of salt etc... (thanks I think to Arsenal Mania)

Arsenal Chief Scout, Steve Rowley has recently returned from a scouting mission to Argentina and Switzerland.
wearethenorthbank.com understands Rowley was in Argentina to run the rule over Ricardo Alvarez. He watched Vélez Sarsfield defeat Gimnasia La Plata 2-0 in the Primera Division on May 22, a game in which Alvarez came on as a second half sub.
Arsene Wenger has briefed Rowley and his network of scouts to shortlist targets ahead of the new season.
Wenger wants to strengthen his midfield and create competition for Alex Song – who could be off to the African Cup of Nations in January.
The Arsenal boss rates Emmanuel Frimpong highly, but with the inexperienced 19-year-old having missed the entirety of last season due to a knee injury, he cannot rely on the youngster making an immediate impact.

Wenger today missed out on Phil Jones whom he had earmarked to provide cover in the holding midfield role as well as bolster Arsenal’s defence.
After leaving Argentina, Rowley headed off to Switzerland to watch the Elite Group 2 of the European Under-19 Championships – a round Robin featuring England, Spain, Montenegro and host nation Switzerland.

Rowley was once again casting his eye over Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain – as well as scouting for other talent.
http://wearethenorthbank.com/rowley-steps-up-search-for-arsenal-summer-signings/

The Realist
08-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Funny that the season hasn't even started yet and there is already some nasty challenges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kxvbf5hJA&feature=player_embedded

Although I'm surprised he's not injured after that...

Ironing
09-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Interestingly, Arsene hasn't submitted any quotes or been involved in any media sense for Jenkinson. Is he distancing himself from it?

Also, his signing is categorized in the news section of Arsenal.com as 'reserves'

AKBapologist
09-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Porto's prolific striker Falcao admits that he could be tempted to move to another club in Europe this summer.

GettyImages
Falcao set a new record in the Europa League campaign.
•*Agent: Duo want £26m Falcao

Falcao, 25, scored a record 17 goals in Porto's victorious Europa League campaign to put himself firmly in the spotlight and Real Madrid, Arsenal and Tottenham have all been linked with the Colombian.

The striker has previously maintained his commitment to Porto, but with a £26 million release clause in his contract and some of Europe's elite willing to match it, he has admitted his desire to play at the highest level.

"It would be difficult to leave Porto this summer because the leaders of the club want to support the scheme of the team and reinforce the squad so they can compete in Champions League," Falcao told talkSPORT.

"I prefer not to read the press but I know I have been linked with Real Madrid and big English clubs like Arsenal and Tottenham. In Europe there are big leagues and I am at a moment of my career when I would like to experience it."
:pray:

Power n Glory
09-06-2011, 07:35 AM
I thought you said we didn't have £30m to spend?

This won't happen and I can't understand why we're going for him now when we had a chance to go for him a few seasons ago before he moved to Porto. Maybe it was a work permit thing.

AKBapologist
09-06-2011, 07:53 AM
I thought you said we didn't have £30m to spend?
We're probably selling cesc.

V-Pig
09-06-2011, 07:56 AM
Funny that the season hasn't even started yet and there is already some nasty challenges

That's a disgusting challenge. Fucking Uruguayan half-breeds.

Power n Glory
09-06-2011, 08:02 AM

It's probably bullshit, that's what it is.

Özim
09-06-2011, 08:14 AM
:pray:
Don't get your hopes up, Falcao isn't gonna happen.

Mr.Singh
09-06-2011, 11:09 AM

I don't know whats more shocking.....The tackle or RvP not getting injured

Marc Overmars
09-06-2011, 11:58 AM
SSN say Young is off to United, his reps have met with them.

Ironing
09-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Arseblog News: Exclusive: Arsenal make contact with Lille for Hazard

Arsenal have made contact with Lille regarding the summer transfer of Belgian international Eden Hazard.

A source close to the player revealed to Arseblog News that the Gunners are in discussions with the club regarding a move this summer, however, the talks are at an early stage with more news expected next week.

Click here to read more on Arseblog News
(http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=85&p=6944&viewfull=1#post6944)

Japan Shaking All Over
09-06-2011, 12:11 PM

When has selling our best players ever meant more more to spend?

selassie
09-06-2011, 12:41 PM

Arsenal have made contact with Lille regarding the summer transfer of Belgian international Eden Hazard.

A source close to the player revealed to Arseblog News that the Gunners are in discussions with the club regarding a move this summer, however, the talks are at an early stage with more news expected next week.

(http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=85&p=6944&viewfull=1#post6944)

Nasri's replacement?

server too busy!
09-06-2011, 01:02 PM
bullshit, Lille won't sell Hazard and Gervinho

Marc Overmars
09-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Skysports.com understands that Manchester United and Arsenal are ready to lock horns again over Southampton's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain after going head-to-head for Phil Jones.
United look set to win that battle, with the Blackburn defender having undergone a medical with the Premier League champions.
Arsenal will be hopeful of landing Oxlade-Chamberlain, with Southampton believed to have slapped a £15million price tag on the 17-year-old winger.
But United could rival the Gunners in a bid to lure the wonderkid to Old Trafford along with Jones and Aston Villa's Ashley Young.
January bid

Arsenal remain favourites having held a long-term interest in the England Under-21 international and they went close to securing a £10m deal at the end of the January transfer window following weeks of talks with Southampton.
The Saints are keen to keep hold of the exciting youngster, though, after winning promotion from League One and chairman Nicola Cortese does not need to cash in on the club's prized asset.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6973072,00.html
More teenagers :bow:

Toronto Gooner
09-06-2011, 01:40 PM

Interesting, as yesterday I saw an article talking about Hazard's petulant antics last Friday and how that might impact Arsenal's interest. I will post a link if I can find it.

yorkshire-gooner
09-06-2011, 03:15 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6973072,00.html
More teenagers :bow:

Surely if Wenger wanted Chamberlain he would got him in January when nobody was really wanting him. Don't see why he would struggle to sign him now after he had a good opportunity to do so just a few months ago.

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Surely if Wenger wanted Chamberlain he would got him in January when nobody was really wanting him. Don't see why he would struggle to sign him now after he had a good opportunity to do so just a few months ago.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/07/2521643/southampton-attempt-to-ward-off-arsenal-manchester-united-by

Tells you why we didnt get him in January

Özim
09-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Didn't hazard say he wanted to play in Spain?

Also reckon the French tax on the talented players these days may mean we won't pay the kind of money they'll be after.

Özim
09-06-2011, 03:21 PM

So Ferguson told his camp to hold fire for 6 months and he did only to be more interested in signing for us after the 6 months. Seems a little odd to me.

Surely a young player looking for the best possible start and looking to learn should probably choose United, they have a manager who seems to get the best out of players and wins trophies.

He might initially get more games with us, but he'll become a better player at United. With us he'll end up passing the ball a lot and not developing for years.

yorkshire-gooner
09-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Surely he could have been loaned back to Southampton for the 6 months if that was the real reason?

Japan Shaking All Over
09-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Arsenal and UTD after Chambelain.........all the reports about this kid are postive......but are we to believe it if the pther stories are true Arsenal/Hazard - UTD/Young

Utd can afford to bring in a teenager and then nuture him for the future......us on the other hand need an immediate fix........sound like another case of the Walcotts......bit of a project who to be honest we are still waiting to bear fruit

Elche
09-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Interesting Summer so far.

We sign a promising 2nd Division kid....I repeat kid!

Liverpool and Man Utd pay whats needed to secure talents that had been our targets.
One chooses United for footballing reasons..after actually speaking to Arsene.

United go after one of our best players who refuses to sign a contract, and United hope to gazump our long running chase for Theo Walcott 2.

I hope it improves from here.

Japan Shaking All Over
09-06-2011, 03:54 PM
probably not ;-(

but we have a whoooooooooooole summer of it

Fist of Lehmann
09-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Utd learned their lesson after sending Gary Neville to welcome Ramsey then?

Sirjackofwilshere
09-06-2011, 03:57 PM
joncarterESPN (http://twitter.com/#%21/joncarterESPN) Jon Carter by JamieDalton82

#Arsenal (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Arsenal) finally biting the bullet and talking with Eden Hazard. He'll cost £20m.

##

Japan Shaking All Over
09-06-2011, 04:09 PM
#Arsenal finally biting the bullet and talking with Eden Hazard. He'll cost £20m

so that will leave us with him and a Charlton FB.........roll on next season

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Pique talking about Cesc again

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2011/06/09/2524950/arsenal-midfielder-cesc-fabregas-would-be-excited-to-join

selassie
09-06-2011, 05:24 PM

I think we were haggling over small prints too, we could have quite easily wrapped up the deal in January. You know what's it like at Arsenal, all our transfers are long drawn out sagas....

The Realist
09-06-2011, 05:30 PM

Barca have said they only have €45mil to spend this summer, making a move for Cesc unlikely BBC News: Barcelona budget makes Fabregas move unlikely (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13714973.stm)

:banghead:

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 05:33 PM
So Barca want Rossi, Sanchez and Cesc and only have £45m to spend.

Good luck with that

Elche
09-06-2011, 05:39 PM
That 45 million has been clarified.

45 million is the normal budget for normal players. But if an opportunity arises too good to turn down they have a special budget they can take from.

Cesc according to sources is in that catagory.

Also the 45 million increases because they plan to sell Bojan, Jeffren, and maybe Allefay.

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Can Afellay leave? He only joined in January didnt he and he cant play for 3 teams in one year i think

Master Splinter
09-06-2011, 05:52 PM
£45 million plus Affelay sounds good.

Just want want-away players to piss off as soon as possible. Especially Fabregas.

alexander
09-06-2011, 06:18 PM
£45 million plus Affelay sounds good.

Just want want-away players to piss off as soon as possible. Especially Fabregas.

this year more than any other I want our transfer dealings done and dusted early. None of this last day crap (actually we dont do that do we) but you know what I mean. All players that want out, go, and ones we want in, get them and get a good pre season in.

wont happen.

Elche
09-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Can Afellay leave? He only joined in January didnt he and he cant play for 3 teams in one year i think

He can't play for 3 teams in a season...but he's free to play come beginning of the season, as it's a new campaign.

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Its in a season and not a year then

:tiphat:

Olivier's xmas twist
09-06-2011, 06:40 PM

Yep and is cesc does go i can see then using him and jeffen as part of a deal

Darth Vela
09-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Interesting Summer so far.

We sign a promising 2nd Division kid....I repeat kid!

Liverpool and Man Utd pay whats needed to secure talents that had been our targets.
One chooses United for footballing reasons..after actually speaking to Arsene.

United go after one of our best players who refuses to sign a contract, and United hope to gazump our long running chase for Theo Walcott 2.

I hope it improves from here.

Or they've overpaid for a promising youngster with very little experience whilst we have guys like Bartley who are probably on a similar level for free, it's all a question of perspective and I'm pretty sure I know the way it'd generally be seen if we'd just paid 16m for a 19 year old defender...

Olivier's xmas twist
09-06-2011, 07:07 PM
Barcelona are in talks with Serie A outfit Udinese over Arsenal and Liverpool target Bojan Krkic - the 20-year-old Spain forward is reportedly being offered as part of a deal which would see Chile winger Alexis Sanchez move to the Nou Camp this summer.
asromanews.it (http://www.vocegiallorossa.it/)
Palermo have rejected an offer £8.9m from Tottenham to sign Uruguay international forward Abel Hernandez, 20, according to the player's agent.
calciomercato.it (http://www.calciomercato.it/)
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is prepared to let skipper Cesc Fabregas leave as long as he does not join another English team, clearing the way for Barcelona to launch a fresh attempt to sign him.
Mundo Deportivo (http://www.mundodeportivo.com/index.html)

hmm

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Or they've overpaid for a promising youngster with very little experience whilst we have guys like Bartley who are probably on a similar level for free, it's all a question of perspective and I'm pretty sure I know the way it'd generally be seen if we'd just paid 16m for a 19 year old defender...

Bartley? The guy whos never played in the premiership, never played for the under 21s and in general is a bit shit

Jones, highly rated youngster, clubs wanting him all over the country and no doubt a star for club and country in the future.

I know which id have

Power n Glory
09-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I don't want players in a part exchange deal. Definitely no Spanish players. Ibrahim Afellay maybe okay because he's Dutch and I think he'd adapt to life in England with ease. But we're talking him plus £35m - £40m.

selassie
09-06-2011, 07:41 PM

If Jones performs to the level he's expected and stays at United for the rest of his career then I very much doubt it would be seen as them overpaying for him.

Rio cost them a fortune but has more than paid back his fee.

In regards to comparing Jones with Bartley, Jones is already playing at a very high level in PL, Bartley has never played in PL before. Jones is way ahead in terms of his development, way way ahead of him and right now is a miles better player than Bartley.

Of course it's not the end of the world that we didn't get Jones but let's not pretend we have youth as good as him in Central Defence.

Sirjackofwilshere
09-06-2011, 07:48 PM
thegoonblog (http://twitter.com/#%21/thegoonblog) The Goon Blog by JamieDalton82

Just been told that Samba is very close to signing for #afc (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23afc). Fee around £9m.

:popcorn:

Power n Glory
09-06-2011, 07:55 PM
If Jones performs to the level he's expected and stays at United for the rest of his career then I very much doubt it would be seen as them overpaying for him.

In regards to comparing Jones with Bartley, Jones is already playing at a very high level in PL, Bartley has never played in PL before. Jones is way ahead in terms of his development, way way ahead of him and right now is a miles better player than Bartley.

Of course it's not the end of the world that we didn't get Jones but let's not pretend we have youth as good as him in Central Defence.

Jones made the right choice. It wouldn't be a good move for him to choose Arsenal.

Marc Overmars
09-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Jones made the right choice. It wouldn't be a good move for him to choose Arsenal.

It would be the worst decision any young centre back could make to join us.

Power n Glory
09-06-2011, 08:04 PM
The guys we have/had aren't that bad. With other teams they'd be solid and more confident.

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Asked about why he rejected LFC and AFC,Jones said "If I wanted my career to continue with no trophies I'd just stay at Blackburn.

And apparently we've bid £5m for Clichy. :lol:

Aaron Wilshere
09-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Where did you hear about the Gael bid?

You can have him for free!

Kaiser
09-06-2011, 08:28 PM
If Clichy is going, we better fucking buy because Gibbs is made of glass and isn't very good positionally anyways.

Cripps_orig
09-06-2011, 08:28 PM

thisisanfield (http://twitter.com/#!/thisisanfield)This Is Anfield

Reports suggesting Liverpool have bid £5million for Arsenal's Gael Clichy.

Shaqiri Is Boss
09-06-2011, 08:30 PM

It's all over Twitter (so 1% more reliable than Goal.com) that it's him The Times are reporting about tomorrow.

Aaron Wilshere
09-06-2011, 08:31 PM
It's all over Twitter (so 1% more reliable than Goal.com) that it's him The Times are reporting about tomorrow.

Depressingly, with a decent defensive coach like Steve Clarke, I could see Clichy pushing on and fulfilling his potential. He has become pretty stale over the past couple of seasons with us.

KESSLER
09-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Clichy isn't great but 5 million, after they just paid 20 for a kid .... jog on

Darth Vela
09-06-2011, 09:46 PM
If Clichy is going, we better fucking buy because Gibbs is made of glass and isn't very good positionally anyways.

If we don't replace Clichy with someone with a bit of experience, preferably Prem, and preferably called Leighton, I don't think there'll be a gooner around who wouldn't want Wenger gone.

GunnerFan4Life
09-06-2011, 09:47 PM
On the 9th June, Blackburn Rovers accepted a 9m pound offer for Samba from English side Arsenal.

Samba's wikipedia page has this down.... sorry i cba to link, got it off twitter.

Mr.Singh
09-06-2011, 09:51 PM
If we get samba then I would be happy for now

Kaiser
09-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Samba is an utter beast but dunno if he's any good technically. If we sign him and preferably Vertonghen, Clichy can go cos both he and Vermaelen can play LB properly without several brainfarts throughout the season.

Darth Vela
09-06-2011, 10:02 PM

He's doing alright at a mid-table club, impressive for his age, but it's a big punt for that kind of money, far more so than Rio.

Bartley has acquitted himself well in the SPL and Championship, lower level no doubt but his performances have been good and he's shown decent potential however it was more as an illustration that for all Jones has done we have guys and there are other guys out there that aren't so far behind him in terms of development and even experience; I'm willing to concede that may have been a rash comparison to make but it's the way I see it.

@Ach Perspective, the same papers and people throwing out the hype for this guy were saying that Bentley was the new Bergkamp 5 years ago, nothing is certain so it's a big risk but then again it's probably just that I don't rate him as highly as others and are pissed off that we haven't bought Samba. :)

Sirjackofwilshere
09-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Theres so much hyperbole and wakes held by Arsenal fans on the blogsphere at the mo. Wenger has turned us into a mass of nihilistic pessimists.

Wenger :bow:

AKBapologist
09-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Arsenal win race for Oxlade-Chamberlain
Published 23:01 09/06/11 By Darren Lewis - EXCLUSIVE Recommend (2)

Arsene Wenger has struck back in the battle for Britain’s best youngsters by landing £12million Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

The highly-rated Southampton winger, who doesn't turn 18 until August, has jetted off on holiday in the knowledge that he will be confirmed as an Arsenal player on July 1.

The deal for the Southampton academy graduate - seen as the new Theo Walcott, also a former Saint - is understood to be based on achievements and appearances.

His signing is a coup for Wenger after he lost out to Sir Alex Ferguson in the race to get Blackburn’s Phil Jones this week.

Ferguson had planned on adding Oxlade-Chamberlain to his signing of Jones and the impending capture of Aston Villa’s Ashley Young, but Wenger has stolen a march.

Arsenal have held a long-term interest in the England Under-21 international and went close to signing him in January.

The player stayed on the south coast, however, and helped Saints gain promotion to the Championship.

Liverpool have since joined the race for his services, but Arsenal have been aided by the insistence of the teen’s father Mark - who won eight England caps playing for Stoke - that he learn under Wenger.

Saints have no pressing need to sell, but it is understood the Chamberlain camp believe this is the right time for the player to move.

Mark said earlier this month: “Considering where he was at the beginning of the season and end of last season, to have the clubs we’ve been hearing about looking at him, he’s made great strides.

“But watching him and watching his performances I think it’s well deserved.

“He’s only going to get better. A lot of people speak to me and say, ‘Maybe it’s too soon - look at Theo.’ But for me, I think Theo’s doing fantastic, he’s developing as a player, he’s still developing and he’s only young.

“To develop at a place like Arsenal can’t be a bad thing. In my eyes, I’d like him to go there as soon as possible, and continue his development.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-transfer-news-Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain-Southampton-starlet-will-sign-July-1st-despite-Manchester-United-Liverpool-interest-article746002.html

Apparently were letting Nasri go to the mancs for £10mill

Fuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

AKBapologist
09-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Also

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/09/johan-djourou-gervinho-arsenal-lille?cat=football&type=article

Power n Glory
09-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Flippin heck! £5m - £6m for Clichy. You have got to be joking.

Ironing
09-06-2011, 10:37 PM
The deal for the Southampton academy graduate - seen as the new Theo Walcott

kill me now

Marc Overmars
09-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Clichy? 5m?

Oxo cube kid for 12m? Nice to know where our priorities lie.

This is shaping up to be a pretty fucked up transfer window even by our standards.

AKBapologist
09-06-2011, 10:42 PM
More on Nasri/gervinho

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2001749/Manchester-United-open-talks-Samir-Nasri.html?

Marc Overmars
09-06-2011, 10:45 PM
United are going to be fucking good next year with Young and Nasri supplying Rooney and Hernandez.

Who the hell is this Gervinho chap? More Ligue 1 fodder I presume?

We are fucked.

Man, I need to lie down.

AKBapologist
09-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Bartley included in preseason

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/06/bartley-handed-pre-season-chance/

Mr.Singh
09-06-2011, 10:52 PM
If we sell to united then wenger has fucking lost it.........man the thought of it is making me depressed mannnn

Power n Glory
09-06-2011, 10:56 PM
So....

Cahill is in his final year of his contract and we'll agree to pay £17m.

Clichy is in his final year and he's going for £5m - £6m!

Nasri will probably go to our rivals ,Man U, on a cut down price! Where is the sense in all this. This better be paper talk or certain guys in our organisation need to be sacked. How comes Bolton demand that much for a player in his final year? Madness.

AKBapologist
09-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Will the 20k a week really be worth it? Makes no rational sense not caving in to
Pretty modest wage demands, especially If it stops united from getting stronger and replacements always cost more. Is stupid idealism wrecking our club.

Master Splinter
09-06-2011, 10:58 PM
United are going to be fucking good next year with Young and Nasri supplying Rooney and Hernandez.

Who the hell is this Gervinho chap? More Ligue 1 fodder I presume?

We are fucked.

Man, I need to lie down.
Young is a bit shit. And Nasri doesn't supply all that much. Walcott was more effective over the course of the season, despite being injured alot. Plus Nasri is a lesbian pussy bitch.

And yes, you need to lie down. And man up tbh.

AKBapologist
09-06-2011, 10:58 PM
@png english tax, although I doubt Cahill will really be that much and oi think if city wanted/needed him he'd be theirs by now

Master Splinter
09-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Nasri will probably go to our rivals ,Man U, on a cut down price! Where is the sense in all this. This better be paper talk or certain guys in our organisation need to be sacked. How comes Bolton demand that much for a player in his final year? Madness.
It is paper talk.

Is this everyones's first experience of the summer silly season or something?

A new meltdown thread is needed. I think there could be mass suicides during the first game of the season.

GP
09-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Young is a bit shit. And Nasri doesn't supply all that much. Walcott was more effective over the course of the season, despite being injured alot. Plus Nasri is a lesbian pussy bitch.

And yes, you need to lie down. And man up tbh.

Young is toilet, tbh

Cripps_orig
If Clichy goes, we should get Jose Enrique as a replacement. Looks very good

AKBapologist
@master splinter
Fergie likes blank slates and drills his team mates to fuck, Nasri and young combined with shat they had last year will be sickening, even if the lose giggs and scholes. Lose lose

Master Splinter
09-06-2011, 11:03 PM

Young is toilet, tbh

Almost as toilet as Hoilett tbh.

Marc Overmars
09-06-2011, 11:04 PM
United are doing what we should have done when we last won the league.

They are using their status to cherry pick whoever they want.

We got Flamini on a free. Wut?

Fuck sake man, get me a razor blade.

Power n Glory
09-06-2011, 11:04 PM
That English tax doesn't stop at English players. If we sell Nasri and Clichy to rival Prem teams we should be demanding more. The Mancs paid £30m for Berbartov.

Master Splinter
09-06-2011, 11:05 PM
@master splinter
Fergie drills his team mates to fuck,
:yikes:

Master Splinter
09-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Fuck sake man, get me a razor blade.
As long as you promise to go through with it this time.

Power n Glory
09-06-2011, 11:07 PM
It is paper talk.

Is this everyones's first experience of the summer silly season or something?

A new meltdown thread is needed. I think there could be mass suicides during the first game of the season.

Knowing us, I fear we'll sell two of our first team players for cheap. It makes no sense to sell these guys for a cut down price.

Marc Overmars
09-06-2011, 11:08 PM
That English tax doesn't stop at English players. If we sell Nasri and Clichy to rival Prem teams we should be demanding more. The Mancs paid £30m for Berbartov.

This last year of their contract business has screwed it up big time. We can only hope the Mancs are feeling generous. I will be sick if we got the paltry figures being reported.

GP
09-06-2011, 11:10 PM
We aren't selling anyone to Man Utd. Chill the fuck out and man the fuck up.

AKBapologist
09-06-2011, 11:11 PM
More

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/united-open-talks-with-1638m-nasri-2295333.html

Marc Overmars
09-06-2011, 11:14 PM
More worryingly, there appear to be no takers yet for Dennis Bendtner and Statinho.

Master Splinter
09-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Exploratoy talks :bow:

Could go down in transfer nonsense legend.

Master Splinter
09-06-2011, 11:18 PM
More worryingly, there appear to be no takers yet for Dennis Bendtner.
No-one can afford The Best Striker In The World.

Dennis Bendtner :bow:.

Mr.Singh
09-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Wenger you stupid fuck don't sell to unitedddddddd

selassie
10-06-2011, 07:03 AM
If we sell to united then wenger has fucking lost it.........man the thought of it is making me depressed mannnn

If Wenger sells Nasri to United he should be sacked.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-06-2011, 07:20 AM

Manchester United are planning a sensational £10million swoop for Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri.

and if it is for the amount quoted then you may have a case and I will take back all that I have said about how I think people should not be calling Wenger 'certain names'

although the decision will not be entirely Wenger's

Boss
10-06-2011, 07:27 AM
So our two biggest transfer stories involving top players involve Cesc going to Barca and Nasri going to United. Apparently Liverpool are interested in Clichy too... lol.

The summer just keeps getting better and better...

ARSENAL star Abou Diaby has risked the wrath of his own fans - by revealing he owns a TOTTENHAM shirt.

And the French midfielder, 25, admits he wears the strip of the Gunners' arch-rivals - given to him by pal and Spurs defender Younes Kaboul - around his house.

He said: "It's more difficult to wear in the street. There you are not safe."

Diaby has not ruled a potential north London switch for either he or France team-mate Kaboul.

He said: "It would be good to play for the same club one day."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3629197/Arsenals-Abou-Diaby-I-own-and-wear-a-Spurs-top.html#ixzz1Or7lBmdw

selassie
10-06-2011, 07:28 AM
and if it is for the amount quoted then you may have a case and I will take back all that I have said about how I think people should not be calling Wenger 'certain names'

although the decision will not be entirely Wenger's

Arsene is walking on a tightrope as it. We absolutely should not sell Nasri to United. Selling one of our best players to our better rival is nothing short of crazy. Selling one of our best players on the cheap to our better rivals is suicidal.

server too busy!
10-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Wenger has already said that Nari won't go to Utd.

Where are there any quotes about Clichy going to Liverpool?

Have you guys never been involved in a transfer window at Arsenal before?

selassie
10-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Wenger has already said that Nari won't go to Utd.

Where are there any quotes about Clichy going to Liverpool?

Have you guys never been involved in a transfer window at Arsenal before?

Wenger says many things.

Dunno

Of course i've seen transfer windows at Arsenal, past few years suggests this one could be extremely painful.

Özim
10-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Wenger says many things.

Dunno

Of course i've seen transfer windows at Arsenal, past few years suggests this one could be extremely painful.
You can't trust Wenger to replace outgoings adequately, he's always full of excuses about not signing players who aren't better that what we have and then gets players like Silvestre, Koscielny, Chamakh and Squillaci.

The guy talks so much sh*t these days it's untrue, it wouldn't be too hard to find players better than what we have in problematic positions.

Marc Overmars
10-06-2011, 08:34 AM
That's the problem really, you don't really have any faith in his ability in the transfer market. The problem is not really players wanting out, it's that you can almost guarantee the players coming in will be average in comparison.

Kano
10-06-2011, 08:40 AM

if the board, who make the final decision remember, decide to, then should he?

selassie
10-06-2011, 08:48 AM
if the board, who make the final decision remember, decide to, then should he?

Arsene very recently came out and said that he had total Control of his technical staff so I assume that means playing staff too.

The board would never sell a player without Arsene's consent, I'm pretty sure of that.

MO & ItsMe have pretty much covered my main concern if Nasri goes, Arsene will try & replace him on the cheap or probably not replace him at all and defiantly state that Vela or some other project needs to develop.

Kano
10-06-2011, 08:51 AM
i think he's made it clear he doesn't want to sell him and id be surprised if he does this year - i still think that if the board saw business sense in taking some money instead of nothing they may well decide to do so without his consent.

Power n Glory
10-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Rubbish. Wenger wouldn't stand for that.

AKBapologist
10-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Rovers demanding more dosh!
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/927133/phil-jones-valued-by-rovers-at-L25m,-not-L16m-?cc=5739

Kano
10-06-2011, 08:59 AM
cheers

Kaiser
10-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Those Venkys' are expert hagglers...

LDG
10-06-2011, 09:14 AM
lol at these last few pages.

Jeez.

A clearout is what is needed, it's what many wanted, and I don't give a fuck about nasri or clichy.

It's 99 percent Bullshit anyway, but if we end up selling on mass, I'll be quite content. The air is stale at the club, and mass changes are what is needed.

We want a change right? We ain't getting rid of Wenger, right? Therefore, clear the decks and build a fucking team with some bollocks. It may not happen, but this seems to me the best and most radical option, short of changing manager.

Something needs to happen at this club, and if it means wholesale changes, I'm well up for it. We might get our Arsenal back.

Power n Glory
10-06-2011, 09:19 AM
We're not making changes. We're following the same pattern as the 2008 season collapse. Sell off key first team players and replace them with youngsters.

LDG
10-06-2011, 09:28 AM
We're not making changes. We're following the same pattern as the 2008 season collapse. Sell off key first team players and replace them with youngsters.

No player is bigger than the club. Sorry, but like adebayor, if they want out, they can fuck off, and I don't give a shit about the money. We're well run enough to cope with that.

There will be hell to pay if they are not replaced properly, granted, but we're in early June, and I'd rather shit saga's involving mercenary gobshites, who, let's not forget were partly the reason for our collapse, fuck off nice and early.

All we can do is wait and see, frustrating as it is. But let's wait for the summer to pan out, and if things haven't been righted properly, he'll have tied his own noose, and he'll be hounded out, sorry and sad and bitter as it will be.

KSE Comedy Club
10-06-2011, 09:31 AM
lol at these last few pages.

Jeez.

A clearout is what is needed, it's what many wanted, and I don't give a fuck about nasri or clichy.

It's 99 percent Bullshit anyway, but if we end up selling on mass, I'll be quite content. The air is stale at the club, and mass changes are what is needed.

We want a change right? We ain't getting rid of Wenger, right? Therefore, clear the decks and build a fucking team with some bollocks. It may not happen, but this seems to me the best and most radical option, short of changing manager.

Something needs to happen at this club, and if it means wholesale changes, I'm well up for it. We might get our Arsenal back.

I was a little sickened hearing the news that utd's advisors had meet with Nasri's (the cunt) and that Clichy might be off as well as Cesc.

However.

Reports this morning say that we are after Samba & Cahill, also Gervinho & Hazard, add to that Alex O-C, Jenkinson and This Alvarez chap and if we made a push and got them all, I wouldnt be to worried tbh.

Of course this is probably all bollox and we'll end up with some more kids :shrug: