PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News, Rumours and Bollocks Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Coney
27-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Coney..it's not always as plain sailing as that and you know it. Take the Phil Jones transfer saga as an example.

I think he (Mata) would chose us over Liverpool due to the lure of PL, but I'm not so sure he'd chose us over Citeh.

Sure, but I don't expect that kind of complication in this case. It depends on who is making the decision. Some businessmen buying into clubs don't play the game as expected but those a long time in the game tend to be more 'reliable'. Anyway, if it is really that close that the bid has been verbally accepted, then I'd expect the Arsenal lawyers/whatever to be over there getting pen onto papers to nail it down. We also will want it concrete asap because that will make a difference to who else we want to sell or buy and we need to know that quickly.

Marc Overmars
27-06-2011, 11:40 AM
According to SSN our 18mill bid for Mata has been accepted. :unsure:

Whaaaaaaaaat?

Were they just rehashing the Daily Mail's story or was it something more official?

KSE Comedy Club
27-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Whaaaaaaaaat?

Were they just rehashing the Daily Mail's story or was it something more official?

There is nothing concrete anywhere other than the DM piece which says we've made a bid of £18m.

Marc Overmars
27-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Ah right. Guess they were just going through the rumour mill then.

AKB should be banned tbh.

Grebbo
27-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Last month Croatia U-21 played Spain U-21 and Mata was most wanted player after the match to give an interview. He showed last from dressing rooms and hold Giggs shirt in his hands. Reporters that were there asked him about Giggs,and he stated that he looked up to Giggsy ever since the started to play football and takes him as his own role-model. When asked what he thinks about succeeding Giggs at United,he responded that it would be dream come true,but he's still no where near Giggs class so don't think that move will come so quick.

Taken from Redcafe. If it's true, and Manure make a bid, I'd say we have a slim hope of signing him.

Fats
27-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Give what a rest? I see people banging on day after day based on nothing but rumour and speculation and I should just accept it? Why don't you ask them to give it a rest?

Banging on because regardless of this window in the past Wenger does feckall. Thats a fact and that cannot be disputed. Your saying keep positive about what COULD happen but again in the past nothing generally does.

Flavs
27-06-2011, 12:11 PM
Ah right. Guess they were just going through the rumour mill then.

AKB should be banned tbh.

Football forum user in bullshit shocker

Fist of Lehmann
27-06-2011, 12:13 PM
At least they are posting about something, even if it is a rumour. You just decided to have a dig while saying absolutely nothing of substance or conjecture.
Are you new here?

Yeah. That's a bit odd tbf.

I guess opinions of what constitutes substance differ.

I think the board would be quite dry without all the bitchfighting, and the limp retarded mongolism.

Just my pennorth worth like.

(I wasn't calling you a limp retard mongol btw Coney)

selassie
27-06-2011, 12:29 PM
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23964728-gary-cahill-is-ready-to-snub-manchester-city-and-join-arsenal.do

Arsenal are this week expected to complete a double swoop for Bolton (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/standard/related-36434-bolton-wanderers-fc.do) defender Gary Cahill (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/standard/related-50620-gary-cahill.do) and Lille (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/standard/related-3239-lille.do) forward Gervinho in deals that will total nearly £30million.
Talks are at an advanced stage with the Gunners (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/standard/related-1787-arsenal-fc.do) thought to be ready to meet the 25-year-old's £17m release clause, although a player-plus-cash offer is also thought to have been discussed.
An Arsenal source today told Standard Sport that the club are confident of beating Manchester City (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/standard/related-17663-manchester-city-fc.do) and Tottenham (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/standard/related-10887-tottenham-hotspur-fc.do) to land the England (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/standard/related-144782-england.do) centre-back.
It had appeared City were set to win the race for his signature but Cahill is thought to be uncertain he would be guaranteed regular first-team football at City and is instead keen on a move to Emirates Stadium (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/standard/related-4634-emirates-stadium.do).
The club are also close to an agreement for Gervinho after Lille demanded more money at the 11th hour. Arsenal thought they had agreed a £10.5m fee but the French club insisted on add-ons to bring the deal to £14m. The Gunners have now bid £12m.
Not sure what to make of the Cahill story, would we really pay 17mill (Club Record) for a CB who has a year left on his contract? I highly doubt it but ES seem to think we're close to signing him.

The Gervinho story seems pretty accurate though.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 12:29 PM
I remember a couple of months ago, Guillem Balague who pretty much knows it all when it comes to Spanis football saying that Valencia would sell Mata because they need the money so its first come first serve.

You can count us out then

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 12:30 PM
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23964728-gary-cahill-is-ready-to-snub-manchester-city-and-join-arsenal.do

Not sure what to make of the Cahill story, would we really pay 17mill (Club Record) for a CB who has a year left on his contract? I highly doubt it but ES seem to think we're close to signing him.

The Gervinho story seems pretty accurate though.
£17m plus hes a bit shit

Rather get Samba.

Gervinho? meh

Coney
27-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Yeah. That's a bit odd tbf.

I guess opinions of what constitutes substance differ.

I think the board would be quite dry without all the bitchfighting, and the limp retarded mongolism.

Just my pennorth worth like.

(I wasn't calling you a limp retard mongol btw Coney)

Thanks for that. If ever your windowcleaner can't make it, give me a shout and I'll lick them clean for nothing. :)

Boss
27-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Denilson on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/180687935076#vi-desc

High bid of £15,000, quite impressive tbh.

selassie
27-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Denilson on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/180687935076#vi-desc

High bid of £15,000, quite impressive tbh.

:lol:

Questions and answers about this item

Q: Can you take this auction down? I am willing to open the bidding at £46m for this fine player! Thanks, K. Dalglish
A: Kenny, play the game like everyone else.

LDG
27-06-2011, 01:22 PM
:haha:

Fist of Lehmann
27-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks for that. If ever your windowcleaner can't make it, give me a shout and I'll lick them clean for nothing. :)

Sorry old chap, but I'd say the position of resident window-licker is amply covered, wouldn't you?

LDG
27-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Sorry old chap, but I'd say the position of resident window-licker is amply covered, wouldn't you?

Harsh on Letters tbf. He's not tall enough to reach the high ones anyway.

Coney
27-06-2011, 01:30 PM

Spoiled for choice on GW, tbh.

Boss
27-06-2011, 01:34 PM
CK's favourite player hopes to move to the PL

Wolfsburg playmaker Diego has revealed he is in talks over a ‘dream’ move to the Premier League.

The 26-year-old is one of Liverpool's top summer targets and, while he stopped short of confirming the Reds were in for him, the Brazilian admitted he is closing in on a switch to England.

Diego, who has been told he can leave Wolfsburg after falling out with coach Felix Magath, has also been linked with Tottenham and Arsenal in recent weeks.

"I think Felix Magath and myself share very different ideas from each other," he said. "Of course I respect him because he is the boss but it has been difficult for us to work together. We have sat down and talked and we both think it’s best if I move on.

"I prefer not to mention the names of clubs out of respect for the managers and the owners but it’s true that there is contact with some clubs in England. Of course I will give these offers special attention because it’s my dream to play in the Premier League. I hope they can find a solution.

"At this moment England is where I want to play. We are just starting to have conversations with clubs so it’s too early to say where I will be going, but it would be perfect if in the future I can play in the Premier League."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8615/2/liverpool-target-diego-i-want-play-premier-league?

Should be available relatively cheap. Would assume he's going to Liverpool or Citeh but could be worth a risk...

Özim
27-06-2011, 01:50 PM
CK's favourite player hopes to move to the PL

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8615/2/liverpool-target-diego-i-want-play-premier-league?

Should be available relatively cheap. Would assume he's going to Liverpool or Citeh but could be worth a risk...
Brilliant little player, we won't be interested even if he is available for cheapish.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Havent heard about Diego for a while.

Is he still as shit as he once was when CK called him world class?

I know his international career has stalled.

AKBapologist
27-06-2011, 02:05 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13928823.stm

Looks like were trying to flog him. :(

selassie
27-06-2011, 02:14 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13928823.stm

Looks like were trying to flog him. :(

How else are we going to pay for new players?

We have to live within our resources.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 02:21 PM
The bottler loses in straight sets, well played!
:pal:

Olivier's xmas twist
27-06-2011, 02:29 PM
The bottler loses in straight sets, well played!

wrong thread mate

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 02:31 PM
SSN breaking news

De Gea is having a medical at Man Utd

Whilst we do f all.

Wonder what the "the transfer window opens on the 1st July" brigade think now...

Olivier's xmas twist
27-06-2011, 02:32 PM
SSN breaking news

Whilst we do f all.

Wonder what the "the transfer window opens on the 1st July" brigade think now...

not really news though we all know he is going there, was just a matter of when.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 02:35 PM
not really news though we all know he is going there, was just a matter of when.

The point is, people on here, the people i like to call the "Wenger can do no wrong" brigade have defended Wenger lack of buying cos they say the window doesnt officially open on July 1st.

That hasnt stopped Man utd though has it?

Özim
27-06-2011, 02:36 PM
wrong thread mate
:lol::doh:

Toronto Gooner
27-06-2011, 02:37 PM
SSN breaking news

Whilst we do f all.

If Arsenal were in the process of buying a 20-year-old keeper with no senior international appearances and only 84 senior club appearances, I suspect that the Anti-Wenger brigade would be out in force.

Fats
27-06-2011, 02:39 PM
If Arsenal were in the process of buying a 20-year-old keeper with no senior international appearances and only 84 senior club appearances, I suspect that the Anti-Wenger brigade would be out in force.

and I would say Wenger has a terrible record of buying defenders anyway so who cares

Özim
27-06-2011, 02:41 PM
If he'd already signed two players to be considered of a very high standard after winning the title and getting to the CL final, I suspect you'd be wrong.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 02:43 PM

If that keeper was De Gea who is awesome then no they wouldnt.

And the only reason he hasnt played for Spain already is cos he has Casillas and Reina ahead of him and those 2 are as good as it gets.

De Gea is better than all of our keepers and every English keeper

Flavs
27-06-2011, 02:53 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7007545,00.html

Manyoo about to spend another 17mil on De gayer

AKBapologist
27-06-2011, 03:04 PM
For a whole bunch of people on here, SAF farts smell like roses and the sun shines out of his arse and are totally unwilling to accept that one of his signings might flop. No better than the AKB brigade tbh.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 03:05 PM
For a whole bunch of people on here, SAF farts smell like roses and the sun shines out of his arse and are totally unwilling to accept that one of his signings might flop. No better than the AKB brigade tbh.

I think you have missed the point completely

AKBapologist
27-06-2011, 03:16 PM
I think you have missed the point completely
You think hes awesome because SAF is signing him. If we where signing him you'd be bitching about how youth keepers couldnt organise the defende, foreign keepers couldn't deal with long balls, long throws and Stoke-thugball

selassie
27-06-2011, 03:18 PM
You think hes awesome because SAF is signing him. If we where signing him you'd be bitching about how foreign keepers couldn't deal with long balls, long throws and Stoke-thugball

The bottomline is SAF is pragmatic and doesn't wait for anybody, he makes moves and is aggressive in the market. He identifies a problem in his team and he fixes, no pussying around. I know I wish Arsene was a lot more pragmatic like him.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 03:18 PM
You think hes awesome because SAF is signing him. If we where signing him you'd be bitching about how foreign keepers couldn't deal with long balls, long throws and Stoke-thugball

No i think hes awesome cos ive seen him play for Atletico and the Spanish under 21 team many times and im gutted hes going to Man utd whilst we are stuck with a polish pub teamer.

Tipsychubbs
27-06-2011, 03:21 PM

When it comes to winning things:

SAF farts smell like roses and the sun shines out of his arse

He's had a few stinkers in the transfer market just like every other manager. But in general, his core signings have led to winning things.

Joker
27-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Ferguson makes mistakes in the transfer market like any other manager, but nevertheless in recent years many of his signings have given United the extra quality to win trophies on a regular basis. Yes, players like Bebe have flopped big time, but then you have guys like Valencia, Chicharito who have added a lot of extra quality to the squad. Moreover, he's willing to spend extra if that is needed to push United to the next level, because unlike many at our club, he puts football over profits.

Darth Vela
27-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Banging on because regardless of this window in the past Wenger does feckall. Thats a fact and that cannot be disputed. Your saying keep positive about what COULD happen but again in the past nothing generally does.

Good point, our defence needed overhauling and we needed a CF last summer, what did Wenger do? Nothing, we just kept the faith with Silvestre/Gallas and playing Arshavin as a CF and look where it got us. Facts like that can't be disputed.

As far as the last few posts about De Gea, I reserve judgement on ANY keepers ability to do it in the Premiership until he has faced Stoke/Newcastle/Blackburn/Wolves/Bolton and survived, this ain't Spain.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-06-2011, 03:36 PM
SSN breaking news

Whilst we do f all.

but just think about it, once ManU have spunked all their money

the back page headlines are all ours........ours.....ours and Citehs ummmmm and Chelseas and for that matter Liverpools, the Spuds........

I reckon by the start of the season we will have a differnt looking team.....so of what we wanted and a little of what we are not sure about but.......
shit Cripps, would you have it any other way.......wait dont answer that!

I reckon by the start of the season

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Good point, our defence needed overhauling and we needed a CF last summer, what did Wenger do? Nothing, we just kept the faith with Silvestre/Gallas and playing Arshavin as a CF and look where it got us. Facts like that can't be disputed.

As far as the last few posts about De Gea, I reserve judgement on ANY keepers ability to do it in the Premiership until he has faced Stoke/Newcastle/Blackburn/Wolves/Bolton and survived, this ain't Spain.

And this summer we still need the same shit so what does that tell you? Toto and Kozza were awful.

Chamakh started off well but faded but we needed another CF cos Bendtner is as shite as it gets

Özim
27-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Good point, our defence needed overhauling and we needed a CF last summer, what did Wenger do? Nothing, we just kept the faith with Silvestre/Gallas and playing Arshavin as a CF and look where it got us. Facts like that can't be disputed
I can answer that one....I can answer that one, he went for three mickey mouse signings not adequate for our needs.

AKBapologist
27-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Not defending AW at all jn this or any other transfer window. But the extent to which double standards apply to signings other teams make has to be noted.

I'm pretty sure 99% of the time if we signed a 20 year old from another league Ach would be moaning.

Japan Shaking All Over
27-06-2011, 03:38 PM

go there TG, spot on description of what we have between the sticks......bar handful of int games

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Not defending AW at all jn this or any other transfer window. But the extent to which double standards apply to signings other teams make has to be noted.

I'm pretty sure 99% of the time if we signed a 20 year old from another league Ach would be moaning.

If he was a quality player then no i wouldnt.

If he was a nobody which we tend to buy then i wouldnt be the only one

Darth Vela
27-06-2011, 03:48 PM
And this summer we still need the same shit so what does that tell you? Toto and Kozza were awful.

Chamakh started off well but faded but we needed another CF cos Bendtner is as shite as it gets

Completely and utterly irrelevant in terms of what I was saying, and wrong in the case of Kozza, although very right in terms of Bendtner needing to be replaced so maybe that evens out.

He was saying it's an undisputable fact that Wenger never tries to solve problems in the transfer market, that was bollocks of the lowest order, even if you think that every signing we've made in the last 5 years has been shite we've always tried to solve the problems.

Darth Vela
27-06-2011, 03:51 PM
I can answer that one....I can answer that one, he went for three mickey mouse signings not adequate for our needs.

Or, he bought two experienced Internationals (one of whom was shite but he wasn't at the top of our wanted list imo) and a highly rated guy coming into his prime.

Mickey mouse seems to be more a matter of perspective nowadays than it ever has been.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Completely and utterly irrelevant in terms of what I was saying, and wrong in the case of Kozza, although very right in terms of Bendtner needing to be replaced so maybe that evens out.

He was saying it's an undisputable fact that Wenger never tries to solve problems in the transfer market, that was bollocks of the lowest order, even if you think that every signing we've made in the last 5 years has been shite we've always tried to solve the problems.
Is buying shite ass pub team players a way of solving problems?

Seems to me it just makes the problem bigger.

Like Kozza for example. He came in at a time we needed a CB. One year on we need one even more cos he was terrible for the most part.

Darth Vela
27-06-2011, 04:01 PM
No, we need another CB because Squillaci was shite. We were looking to buy two last summer as we seem to want to have 4 first team CBs, Squllaci was bought to make up the numbers as we couldn't get our higher priority targets, this summer we're getting a replacement for him.

Obviously, buying shite players is not a good idea but we didn't buy Danny Shittu to shore up our defence and nor did we buy Akinbiyi to score us some goals, we bought two good players and a stop gap, it didn't work out completely right but nor was it a disaster and nor were they bad signings.

Boss
27-06-2011, 04:05 PM

Don't think he would be if the 20 year old was as highly rated as De Gea.

A few people on here are very against garbage like Alvarez signing for us but jizzing at the prospect of Mata potentially coming. They're both roughly the same age. Can you spot the difference?

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 04:08 PM
No, we need another CB because Squillaci was shite. We were looking to buy two last summer as we seem to want to have 4 first team CBs, Squllaci was bought to make up the numbers as we couldn't get our higher priority targets, this summer we're getting a replacement for him.

Obviously, buying shite players is not a good idea but we didn't buy Danny Shittu to shore up our defence and nor did we buy Akinbiyi to score us some goals, we bought two good players and a stop gap, it didn't work out completely right but nor was it a disaster and nor were they bad signings.
Kozzas mistakes every other game tells me differently. In a way i can forgive Totos shiteness cos he was never first choice. Kozza was and his Arsenal career is littered with mistakes.

LDG
27-06-2011, 04:11 PM
More on Mata:

The agent of Valencia playmaker Juan Mata has remained coy on the future of the 23-year-old following speculation over the youngster’s future. While revealing Mata was unaware of an offer from Arsenal the player’s representative and father insisted that they will look at proposals from potential suitors this summer.
Mata was a key protagonist in the Spanish U-21 European Championship this summer and according to a report in the Daily Mail this morning (http://news.arseblog.com/index.php/2011/06/reports-arsenal-in-for-mata/) is the subject of an £18m (€20.2m) offer from Arsenal.
Liverpool are also rumoured to be interested in the player but speaking to Arseblog News Juan Mata Snr revealed he was unaware of an offer from Arsenal, but would not rule out a move this summer. He said, “We’ve just returned from the U21 championships and my son has gone on holidays. As of today we haven’t spoken to anybody.
“I don’t know if Valencia have received a proposal from Arsenal or any other club. We will wait to hear from them”.
Asked if Arsenal would be of interest to his son he said, “I know Arsenal is a big club, a very important club in England, always in the Champions League, but it’s up to any club to pay the required amount to Valencia. Then we can look at the proposals”.
When asked the value Los Che have placed on the youngster he replied, “You would have to ask Valencia”.
Spanish publication Sport claims the release clause for Mata is €20m.

From Arseblog News.

Coney
27-06-2011, 04:16 PM

A few people on here are very against garbage like Alvarez signing for us but jizzing at the prospect of Mata potentially coming. They're both roughly the same age. Can you spot the difference?

Or coming at the prospect of Mata jizzing?

Darth Vela
27-06-2011, 04:17 PM
I did not see zese mistakes, it seems to me that he's one of those guys that gets hammered for making the same errors as other players, I've seen Vidic be caught out of position and give away clumsy penalties and free-kicks yet some hold him up as some kind of demi-god whilst we're stuck with guys that can't put one foot in front of the other. There were more in the first few months, which was to be expected but aside from the Blues incident at Wembley he didn't do much wrong individually in the latter half of the season, not much more than any Serbian deities anyway.

Coney
27-06-2011, 04:19 PM
So... in the Daily Mirror :rolleyes: ....

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/Arsenal

According to the Daily Mirror: "Arsenal will announce three new signings at the start of July". Catch that and the rest of the transfer rumours in today's Media Watch:

Hmmh. Start of July is almost here.... :coffee:

Japan Shaking All Over
27-06-2011, 04:19 PM

we have very little control of what gets down with the money
the only thing we can do and do well is bitch about everything from who is the next Charlie George to the texture of the toilet paper at the Emirates, or for that matter Ach's inability to tell good player from a bad one
so we what are we left to do, gotta suck it up and get behind the team,
I admit players do earn our wrath through constant bad performances, Bedtner or by showing no developement or contribution, Denilson/Rosicky or even by just being a complete clown, Eboue and should not look to hide
but players who we haven't even seen yet and have been bought by the club should be given some benefit of the doubt, Alvarez is coming under a lot of stick but I know you cannot judge the player based on youtube, you never know we could be pleasantly surprised

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 04:21 PM
I did not see zese mistakes, it seems to me that he's one of those guys that gets hammered for making the same errors as other players, I've seen Vidic be caught out of position and give away clumsy penalties and free-kicks yet some hold him up as some kind of demi-god whilst we're stuck with guys that can't put one foot in front of the other. There were more in the first few months, which was to be expected but aside from the Blues incident at Wembley he didn't do much wrong individually in the latter half of the season, not much more than any Serbian deities anyway.

You may be right but then i dont really give a monkeys piss about Vidics mistakes or any non Arsenal players for that matter.

Fact of the matter is Kozza is a mistake waiting to happen every game and the trust in him isnt there other than from Wenger and hes an idiot anyway.

Darth Vela
27-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Well, levels of trust from people doesn't mean shit imo, especially given the levels of trust around Arsenal in general recently.

Aside from that, I don't agree but unless we stop fucking it up at the end of the season it's all a bit moot anyway.

Coney
27-06-2011, 04:27 PM

Agreed - it seems to be a habit of this board to slag off our own guys and say how shit we are when defenders (and strikers, come to that) make any number of similar mistakes in other teams. I accept we need some improvements in any number of ways but I wish people would make more effort to get a perspective on it in comparison to other teams.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Well, levels of trust from people doesn't mean shit imo, especially given the levels of trust around Arsenal in general recently.

Aside from that, I don't agree but unless we stop fucking it up at the end of the season it's all a bit moot anyway.

What do you think the problem is there?

Mentally weak ass players? Or just shit players being found out when the going gets tough?

Power n Glory
27-06-2011, 04:31 PM

Every defender makes mistakes but the frequency and occasion is what makes the difference. Kozza didn't have a good season and there is no sugar coating that. Made some very basic errors and good performances were few and far between. It's the reverse for top defenders. The bad games are few and far between.

Darth Vela
27-06-2011, 04:34 PM
What do you think the problem is there?

Mentally weak ass players? Or just shit players being found out when the going gets tough?

More the weak ass players as far as I'm concerned, not enough of them willing to stand up and take responsibility when it comes to the big games. I guess you gravitate towards the shite players being found out by what you said.

Darth Vela
27-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Every defender makes mistakes but the frequency and occasion is what makes the difference. Kozza didn't have a good season and there is no sugar coating that. Made some very basic errors and good performances were few and far between. It's the reverse for top defenders. The bad games are few and far between.

Well, I''m afraid you simply have to dismiss me as delusional.

I don't think he made more than any other defender at this level and nor do I think that his good performances were few and far between, we put in plenty of collectively iffy performances and as a part of the whole Kozza must take some blame for those but individually it was a good debut season imo.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 04:37 PM
More the weak ass players as far as I'm concerned, not enough of them willing to stand up and take responsibility when it comes to the big games. I guess you gravitate towards the shite players being found out by what you said.

Bit of both.

Even in Wengers trophy winning years 98-05, there were a couple of seasons there where we fell away at the latter end of the season most notably in 02/03 season.

And the players that season were better than the ones last season by quite a bit.

Whats the one similarity in those 2 seasons? Wenger.

Time for him to go

Darth Vela
27-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Bit of both.

Even in Wengers trophy winning years 98-05, there were a couple of seasons there where we fell away at the latter end of the season most notably in 02/03 season.

And the players that season were better than the ones last season by quite a bit.

Whats the one similarity in those 2 seasons? Wenger.

Time for him to go

Can't argue with that, not convinced it's the solution but if big changes don't change it this season...

Boss
27-06-2011, 04:52 PM
we have very little control of what gets down with the money
the only thing we can do and do well is bitch about everything from who is the next Charlie George to the texture of the toilet paper at the Emirates, or for that matter Ach's inability to tell good player from a bad one
so we what are we left to do, gotta suck it up and get behind the team,
I admit players do earn our wrath through constant bad performances, Bedtner or by showing no developement or contribution, Denilson/Rosicky or even by just being a complete clown, Eboue and should not look to hide
but players who we haven't even seen yet and have been bought by the club should be given some benefit of the doubt, Alvarez is coming under a lot of stick but I know you cannot judge the player based on youtube, you never know we could be pleasantly surprised

The benefit of doubt was given to the garbage we signed last summer; even though people doubted that they'd be decent signings they were supported until they proved beyond all doubt that they were shite.

You can't guarantee a player's success but you can do certain things to make it more likely - signing players that are used to the league, for example, or signing players who have immense talent. We definitely didn't do that last season and I hope Wenger doesn't make the same mistake last year.

Grebbo
27-06-2011, 05:37 PM
God weren't last summer's signings dreadful!

Chamspack, Squid, and Kos - fucking terrible.

Sirjackofwilshere
27-06-2011, 05:49 PM
According to Twitter we're close to buying Craig Gorden and Gary Cahill.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 05:51 PM
According to Twitter we're close to buying Craig Gorden and Gary Cahill.
Craig Gordon?

The Sunderland keeper?

God please no. Our 3 are a bunch of clowns and we'd have to go some way to find someone worse than all 3 but Gordon is exactly that.

Thank fuck you said Twitter though

Twitter :lol:

Sirjackofwilshere
27-06-2011, 05:57 PM
negotiations are advanced for Gordon. Sorry but nowt you can do mate.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Any reliable source rather than some random person saying it on twitter?

selassie
27-06-2011, 06:01 PM

He's out injured until October, I very much doubt we'd buy a Keeper who's crocked, oh wait a minute...if he's cheap....

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 06:03 PM
He's out injured until October, I very much doubt we'd buy a Keeper who's crocked, oh wait a minute...if he's cheap....

Shit and cheap

Perfect Wenger signing

Sirjackofwilshere
27-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Shit and cheap

Perfect Wenger signing

You don't like Wenger do you?

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 06:08 PM
You don't like Wenger do you?

Does any Arsenal fan anymore?

Mr.Singh
27-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Wenger is a machud simples

Sirjackofwilshere
27-06-2011, 06:10 PM
[/URL] »
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1204932432/Hertsmere-20110102-00271_normal.jpg
[URL="http://twitter.com/#%21/DarrenArsenal1"]DarrenArsenal1 (http://twitter.com/#%21/DarrenArsenal1/status/85368104011571201) Darren @

@hahostolze (http://twitter.com/hahostolze) Last year of contractm on big wages, Sunderland want him out, fee circa £1m ish so im told

3 hours ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/DarrenArsenal1/status/85362980253990912)

»
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1204932432/Hertsmere-20110102-00271_normal.jpg
DarrenArsenal1 (http://twitter.com/#%21/DarrenArsenal1) Darren

#Arsenal (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23Arsenal) have been talking to Sunderland over transfer of Craig Gordon as GK competition.. Discussions very advanced

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Wenger is a machud simples

Harsh but true

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 06:12 PM

So thats a no to the reliable source then

For all we know, this Darren guy is a 14 year old kid who just came home from school and had a wank and is now making up shit on Twitter

I repeat

Sirjackofwilshere
27-06-2011, 06:14 PM
meh..believe what you want to.

selassie
27-06-2011, 06:17 PM

Özim
27-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Or, he bought two experienced Internationals (one of whom was shite but he wasn't at the top of our wanted list imo) and a highly rated guy coming into his prime.

Mickey mouse seems to be more a matter of perspective nowadays than it ever has been.
A defender who had one season in the French top flight and other than that only played lower league football and a shot shy Moroccan who prefers to be outside the box than in it don't count as quality signings to me.

None of these three players were right IMO, in fact I was dead against signing Chamakh for the reasons we've seen, I never felt he was a real goal threat or indeed what we needed.

Wenger went down the cheap or unknown route again as he always seems to...and once again failed, there's no sugar coating that. It wouldn't be too hard to find proven international players who would suit our needs, he just doesn't want to.

AKBapologist
27-06-2011, 06:38 PM
@skysports: "breaking news"

Ach: "Twitter shite? give me some real links like goal.com, I mean How do you not know it's some 13 year old, Twitter :lol:"

Go back to smoke signalling you mongolid.

Master Splinter
27-06-2011, 06:39 PM

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
27-06-2011, 06:46 PM
:haha: :haha:

Marc Overmars
27-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Craig Gordon?

What?

selassie
27-06-2011, 06:51 PM

Ach: "Twitter shite? give me some real links like goal.com, I mean How do you not know it's some 13 year old, Twitter :lol:"

Joker
27-06-2011, 07:10 PM
There's every chance that a lot of rumours on twitter are totally made up BS, since you can't verify the reliability of the sources. Nevertheless, if the person making the tweet is known to be "ITK" then we shouldn't discount the rumours so easily.

AKBapologist
27-06-2011, 07:15 PM
There's every chance that a lot of rumours in the media are totally made up BS, since you can't verify the reliability of the sources.

99% of the time twitter shit is from the media,the other 1% it ends up being in the media.

Mr.Singh
27-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Twitter is purely bolloxs like it or not

AKBapologist
27-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Twitter is purely bolloxs like it or not

Haters Gonna Hate
Indeed.

Cripps_orig
27-06-2011, 07:52 PM

Um what?

Mr.Singh
27-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Indeed.

why are you taking it personally its not like you own twitter or the "ITK" sources.....

Sirjackofwilshere
27-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Some interesting stuff going on, on twitter...lady Nina answering some questions on the board and Arsenal:

NinaBracewell (http://twitter.com/#%21/NinaBracewell) Nina Bracewell-Smith by DarrenArsenal1 @

@DarrenArsenal1 (http://twitter.com/DarrenArsenal1) I agree that current board should all go. They are passe. Have nothing more to give to the club at all.

AKBapologist
27-06-2011, 09:49 PM
why are you taking it personally its not like you own twitter or the "ITK" sources.....
Nah, I just object to the general level of ignorance displayed by some, in jest or not. Just like on any other medium, smart people can figure out who the reliable sources are, and where information or discussions of value can be had. Dismissing the entire medium whilst clinging on to some concept of general journalistic integrity in this day and age is as dumb as fuck tbh.

AKBapologist
27-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Some interesting stuff going on, on twitter...lady Nina answering some questions on the board and Arsenal:

It'll probably be in the rag's tomorrow.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Arsenal are eyeing £15m rated Bayer Leverkusen attacking midfielder Arturo Vidal as a possible replacement for Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Latest player to be linked

KSE Comedy Club
28-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Papers today saying weve got to pay £23m if we want Mata.

Elche
28-06-2011, 07:54 AM
Nah, I just object to the general level of ignorance displayed by some, in jest or not. Just like on any other medium, smart people can figure out who the reliable sources are, and where information or discussions of value can be had. Dismissing the entire medium whilst clinging on to some concept of general journalistic integrity in this day and age is as dumb as fuck tbh.

Well said.

The media, communication in general has changed forever...In the last 24 hrs Lady Nina, Tim Payton ( communications department Arsenal, Matt Lawton of the Express, people from AST and Ray Parlour have all tweeted me about related Board issues or transfers.

It's quite incredible the info you can get. It takes as you say a degree of intelligence to sift through it...But as you indicate it is really head in the sand stuff to dismiss a medium that is revolutionising the way we get info, just because you don't get it.

Some of these people speak to the players, to Ivan and too Arsene, some speak to other clubs. It gives us an incredible picture of whats going on at Arsenal.

I hardly us GW now for transfer stuff because people just post copies of articles found on line. Twitter gives you access I never dreamed possible...it's faster, fluid and incredibly close to the club.

Lady Nina was discussing with a group of us the relaionship with Fizman and Dein. It took 24 hrs before that story hit mainstream media.

Those people who don't like Twitter fine, but you got to wake up..I'll know the transfer etc...before anyone not using Twitter because it is live reporting of that moment.

Enjoy waiting for Sky, Ceefax and Arsenal.com - Twitter will get it first.

selassie
28-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Lots of talk about Cahill to Arsenal this morning. Times reckons it will be done this week, I don't pay The Times subscription fee so cant' link the story here.

Daily Mail reckon we're in pole position too, apparently we're Cahill's first choice...though they have published some crazy story about Spurs offering their rubbish (4 players) to Bolton in a bid to stop us getting him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008824/Spurs-offer-Sebastien-Bassong-Robbie-Keane-Jermaine-Jenas-Alan-Hutton-Bolton-bid-land-Gary-Cahill.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Spurs offer Bassong, Keane, Jenas and Hutton to Bolton in bid to land Cahill

Spurs plan to tempt Bolton into offloading Cahill
Tottenham have made another attempt to prevent Gary Cahill from joining Arsenal by offering a staggering four players in a swap deal.

As Paris St Germain also close on a £14million deal for midfielder Wilson Palacios, Tottenham are working hard on cutting down their oversized squad to clear the way for new signings.

Bolton Wanderers' boss Owen Coyle has been contacted by the north London club over a complicated exchange that could see several of Harry Redknapp's squad leave with the players understood to be Sebastien Bassong, Robbie Keane, Jermaine Jenas and Alan Hutton.

Sportsmail revealed earlier this month that cash plus Younes Kaboul and Bassong had also been mentioned for Cahill.

The England international defender is thought to favour a move to Arsenal while Manchester City and Liverpool are also monitoring events.

But Tottenham manager Redknapp does not want to risk the deal going through to their neighbours without putting up a fight.

Money from the Palacios sale would be welcome in negotiations. The Honduras international has been the subject of interest from Napoli but they have been unable to match the asking price and now nouveau riche Paris St Germain, who have also been linked with QPR'S Adel Taarabt, want him as the new Claude Makelele.

Funding the deal: Much hinges on the move of Wilson Palacios (right) to PSG

Redknapp is also hopeful either Lazio or Sevilla will offer £6m for Giovani dos Santos although Racing Santander still have first option on the 22-year-old.

Blackburn Rovers remain interested in Keane and Sunderland are continuing to monitor Hutton's situation. As well as Bolton's Cahill,

Redknapp wants two strikers and potentially another midfielder although Scott Parker's wages are a sticking point and negotiations over £14m striker Leandro Damiao of Internacional have hit an impasse.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008824/Spurs-offer-Sebastien-Bassong-Robbie-Keane-Jermaine-Jenas-Alan-Hutton-Bolton-bid-land-Gary-Cahill.html#ixzz1QYWgJnnp

Elche
28-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Not sure if it was mentioned...can't find stuff on here.

But Denilson was put on EBay for a laugh yesterday...they managed to reach a price of 15,000 before EBay took it down, due to humans not being allowed to be sold on there.

KSE Comedy Club
28-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Not sure if it was mentioned...can't find stuff on here.

But Denilson was put on EBay for a laugh yesterday...they managed to reach a price of 15,000 before EBay took it down, due to humans not being allowed to be sold on there.

Yeh I saw that. it was on a link in the Sun online.

Unai Tea
28-06-2011, 09:22 AM
So Ebay assumed that Denilson was human? They must never have seen him play.

Boss
28-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Santos president Luis Alvaro de Oliveira Ribeiro has confirmed five clubs in Europe have agreed to pay Neymar's €45 million release clause.

The clubs - named in widespread reports throughout Brazil as Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Manchester City and Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala - will now be given permission to speak to Neymar.

"We don't want to sell the player, but of course there is a release clause in his contract that can be paid," he told ESPN Brasil. "Five European clubs have offered to match the clause.

"I cannot name them because there is an agreement between Santos and the clubs, but they are the most important European clubs. They have asked to speak to the player and obviously we've allowed them to."

He added: "The clubs have behaved ethically. They sought out Santos first and were willing to pay the clause. With this ethical approach, they can talk to anyone - with Neymar's father, with [agent] Wagner Ribeiro, and with the representatives of Neymar."

Chelsea had seen a number of bids rejected for Neymar last summer before the 19-year-old Brazil international signed a new long-term deal with the club.

Ribeiro added: "Last year, Chelsea's attitude was different. Their first action was to seek out the player's representatives."

The news comes just a day after Ribeiro said Neymar wanted to become the best player in the world while remaining in Brazil, and he remains confident that the forward will opt to stay at Santos.

"It is becoming increasingly difficult for him to move on," he said. "These clubs can come and make their offers, but if he wants to stay at Santos then he'll say no and stay at Santos."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930729/santos-confirm-five-clubs-have-agreed-to-pay-neymar-release-clause?cc=4716

Thought Barca had no money :doh:

KSE Comedy Club
28-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Yep I said it on the fabregas thread I think, they seem to be able to make these massive bids for other players without any problems, yet when it comes to Cesc they are poor and come begging in their torn, dirty, brown rags.

Proper cunts, they are.

Flavs
28-06-2011, 09:38 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930729/santos-confirm-five-clubs-have-agreed-to-pay-neymar-release-clause?cc=4716

Thats what they want you to think mate, that way they can offer silly low money for players

Coney
28-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Yep I said it on the fabregas thread I think, they seem to be able to make these massive bids for other players without any problems, yet when it comes to Cesc they are poor and come begging in their torn, dirty, brown rags.

Proper cunts, they are.

Unless, of course, it is all a bluff to keep their fans happy and at the same time, other players being bought can be told they are considered better than Cesc as a way of making them feel important. Ah - whatever - who knows what games Barca are playing? As long as we reject any silly offer for Cesc, or if we sell, we use the dosh to buy some player(s) worthwhile, I can't be arsed to worry about it really. This is all typical Spanish transfer window bollocks that happens every time. Just ignore it.

Elche
28-06-2011, 10:15 AM
By all accounts today Guardiola has told Rossell to stop pissing around ( my choice of words ) and get Cesc because pre season is coming and he wants to prepare.

I get the feeling everyone is tired.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 10:19 AM

They don't, all they did was bid knowing he'd go to madrid anyway

Boss
28-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Valencia starlet Juan Mata has played down rumours he could be on his way out of the club.

Mata, 23, has been linked with a number of clubs in La Liga and the Premier League including Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Reports in the Daily Mail and The Sun on Monday even claimed that Arsenal have already made an £18 million bid for the player, but Valencia have indicated that no written offer has been received and that they are not looking to part with the Spain Under-21 winger.

Given the club's financial position, it remains to be seen whether they would resist a more substantial bid, but Mata has now said that he is keen to stay if needed.

"I want to win a trophy with Valencia next season," Mata told SuperDeporte. "I've not planned anything different as I've a contract until 2015."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930757/valencia-winger-juan-mata-plays-down-exit-talk?cc=4716

Guess that's not happening then.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 10:38 AM
When you have FIFAs, UEFAs and the Spanish FAs money at your disposal, its very likely they have money. They just don't want to pay £40m+ for Cesc cos they believe he's their player already and we stole him from them when he was a kid.

Xhaka Can’t
28-06-2011, 10:49 AM
There clearly is a sense of embitterment and a desire to settle a perceived slight. Quite frankly we should not indulge their behavior. I would certainly support Arsenal if they were prepared to let Cesc sit on our bench rather than theirs if Barca do not stump up reasonable funds for Fabregas.

Niall_Quinn
28-06-2011, 11:02 AM
There clearly is a sense of embitterment and a desire to settle a perceived slight. Quite frankly we should not indulge their behavior. I would certainly support Arsenal if they were prepared to let Cesc sit on our bench rather than theirs if Barca do not stump up reasonable funds for Fabregas.

Agreed, it's a a mile wide, Barca are out to even up a score. This was the season where we were supposed to be cutting the deadwood and bringing in some quality. So far what do we have? A kid comes in and our captain and one of the best players in the world is on the way out. Yeah there's time for things to change, like we could buy a few untested foreigners. That policy worked well last year, didn't it? What's the enduring image of last season? Our untested foreigner getting a slap on the head as a kid who's standing in for the keeper Wenger wouldn't sign for an extra £2M picks the ball out of the next having just disintegrated under the pressure of a cup final. So how does Wenger react? Obvious really, he reduces the quality in the side. Of course Cesc should just be told he has a contract so get on with it. But uncle Wenger doesn't want to upset his children.

He better be buying Cahill and Samba. He better at least get that fucking right.

LDG
28-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Agreed, it's a a mile wide, Barca are out to even up a score. This was the season where we were supposed to be cutting the deadwood and bringing in some quality. So far what do we have? A kid comes in and our captain and one of the best players in the world is on the way out. Yeah there's time for things to change, like we could buy a few untested foreigners. That policy worked well last year, didn't it? What's the enduring image of last season? Our untested foreigner getting a slap on the head as a kid who's standing in for the keeper Wenger wouldn't sign for an extra £2M picks the ball out of the next having just disintegrated under the pressure of a cup final. So how does Wenger react? Obvious really, he reduces the quality in the side. Of course Cesc should just be told he has a contract so get on with it. But uncle Wenger doesn't want to upset his children.

He better be buying Cahill and Samba. He better at least get that fucking right.

Dude, I can see your frustration, I really can. And in certain parts of what you post, I wholeheartedly agree.

But I still disagree that selling Cesc is the worst thing we can do. Far from it. Whilst he's a fucking amazing footballer, there are bigger priorities that just one man. It is a team ethic we are missing. A backbone, a shape and an ability to see a match through.

I understand that you feel that it's a backward step by letting Cesc go. But I see it as a forward step, because we've relied on one player for too long, and built a team around one player for too long....and this clearly hasn't worked.

His replacement / squad additions may not be as good as him (fuck me, not many players are), but they, hopefully, will form the basis of a team. Not a bunch of players who are in positions to suit Fabregas' game style.

This is Wengers problem imho. One which has pissed me off this last year, as I had hope he would build a team, with a team work ethic, that functions as a team all over the pitch....not just in the whole in front of the opposing teams line of ten.

I'm not for one minute suggesting that Wenger will lose the pig-headed idiotic nature he's made himself over the last few years, which is why he should get the boot....but as we're stuck with the cunt, we need to at least consider the possibility that he may make a team out of this lot + addidtions, cesc or no cesc.

Niall_Quinn
28-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Dude, I can see your frustration, I really can. And in certain parts of what you post, I wholeheartedly agree.

But I still disagree that selling Cesc is the worst thing we can do. Far from it. Whilst he's a fucking amazing footballer, there are bigger priorities that just one man. It is a team ethic we are missing. A backbone, a shape and an ability to see a match through.

I understand that you feel that it's a backward step by letting Cesc go. But I see it as a forward step, because we've relied on one player for too long, and built a team around one player for too long....and this clearly hasn't worked.

His replacement / squad additions may not be as good as him (fuck me, not many players are), but they, hopefully, will form the basis of a team. Not a bunch of players who are in positions to suit Fabregas' game style.

This is Wengers problem imho. One which has pissed me off this last year, as I had hope he would build a team, with a team work ethic, that functions as a team all over the pitch....not just in the whole in front of the opposing teams line of ten.

I'm not for one minute suggesting that Wenger will lose the pig-headed idiotic nature he's made himself over the last few years, which is why he should get the boot....but as we're stuck with the cunt, we need to at least consider the possibility that he may make a team out of this lot + addidtions, cesc or no cesc.

Absolutely agree. When you dig right down Wenger is the problem. If the whole team revolves around Fabregas, that's Wenger's fault. We shouldn't have to sacrifice a top player just because the manager is so shit he can't build a team out of what we have. I accept Wenger is staying, it looks like no amount of failure can shift the guy - no matter how humiliating it all gets. He has a license to fail, a rare thing indeed in football. But he's staying and that's that. It's just very frustrating to watch him do even more damage. Why can't he just go on holiday and stay well clear of the club? At least that way we wouldn't lose out over the summer. In fact why doesn't he go on extended holiday and not come back until next summer? Does anyone else think we'd win more if Wenger WASN'T at the match or on the training ground and we just let the players sort themselves out? I do.

Coney
28-06-2011, 11:32 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930757/valencia-winger-juan-mata-plays-down-exit-talk?cc=4716

Guess that's not happening then.

Valencia starlet Juan Mata has played down rumours he could be on his way out of the club.

Mata, 23, has been linked with a number of clubs in La Liga and the Premier League including Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal and Liverpool.

Reports in the Daily Mail and The Sun on Monday even claimed that Arsenal have already made an £18 million bid for the player, but Valencia have indicated that no written offer has been received and that they are not looking to part with the Spain Under-21 winger.

Given the club's financial position, it remains to be seen whether they would resist a more substantial bid, but Mata has now said that he is keen to stay if needed.

"I want to win a trophy with Valencia next season," Mata told SuperDeporte. "I've not planned anything different as I've a contract until 2015."

And we have Cesc saying he has no plans to move and wants to win a trophy with the Arsenal next season and he has a contract for 4 more years. Does that mean he is not moving either?

Effectively, Mata has said publicly the same things that Cesc is saying. Mata is behaving correctly with his current employers and that is a good thing. If we buy him, I expect he will show the same correct behaviour towards us.

LDG
28-06-2011, 11:37 AM
I know it's embarrassing, but I don't think I can be too critical in terms of the personel he's brought in.

Yes, squillacci wasn't a resounding success. Silvestre was an awful purchase etc. And this was down to penny-pinching, and a risk.

I think Wenger knows what the best players are. Who is world class etc, but is either too frugal, or too restricted to do much about that in competition with your City's and your Chelsea's.

If you look at it properly, we all know that the team we had out last year was capable of winning the league, and most certainly the joke cup. So, to have got to that position, on the edge of winning something, they can't be that fucking awful. And these are players bought from nowhere...lest we forget Cesc was unknown. So we can't criticise him for buying "nobodys" because in a lot of cases they have worked. And were cheap.

What we can criticise him for is:

i) Not coaching a defence properly (sorry by Kos is better than many prem CB's who are all able to defend, we're just not schooled by coaches to position oursleves correctly)
ii) Letting a, sometimes arrogant, sometimes lazy, sometimes fightened, sometimes noncelent attitude manifest itself in the squad
iii) Not taking the extra step to ensure we have the quality when it comes to crunch time. Namely in the Jan transfer window.
iv) Not paying respect to inferior teams and the tactics they will use, and adapting to combat that
v) Not being ruthless enough when it comes to an underperforming player (Almunia, Denilson, Eboue, Diaby etc)

None of this takes money, aside from strengthening in January.

All it is, is being able to stomach, that PART philosophy isn't working. And that, that PART of his philosophy needs to change. And THAT is where we're failing. Not in the transfer market, imho.

Flavs
28-06-2011, 11:44 AM
I know it's embarrassing, but I don't think I can be too critical in terms of the personel he's brought in.

Yes, squillacci wasn't a resounding success. Silvestre was an awful purchase etc. And this was down to penny-pinching, and a risk.

I think Wenger knows what the best players are. Who is world class etc, but is either too frugal, or too restricted to do much about that in competition with your City's and your Chelsea's.

If you look at it properly, we all know that the team we had out last year was capable of winning the league, and most certainly the joke cup. So, to have got to that position, on the edge of winning something, they can't be that fucking awful. And these are players bought from nowhere...lest we forget Cesc was unknown. So we can't criticise him for buying "nobodys" because in a lot of cases they have worked. And were cheap.

What we can criticise him for is:

i) Not coaching a defence properly (sorry by Kos is better than many prem CB's who are all able to defend, we're just not schooled by coaches to position oursleves correctly)
ii) Letting a, sometimes arrogant, sometimes lazy, sometimes fightened, sometimes noncelent attitude manifest itself in the squad
iii) Not taking the extra step to ensure we have the quality when it comes to crunch time. Namely in the Jan transfer window.
iv) Not paying respect to inferior teams and the tactics they will use, and adapting to combat that
v) Not being ruthless enough when it comes to an underperforming player (Almunia, Denilson, Eboue, Diaby etc)

None of this takes money, aside from strengthening in January.

All it is, is being able to stomach, that PART philosophy isn't working. And that, that PART of his philosophy needs to change. And THAT is where we're failing. Not in the transfer market, imho.

awesome post tbf

Also look at the Sylvestre purchase, vastly experienced, multiple trophy winning, fench international who knew the prem and had played at the highest level for years. Why wouldtn we sign him for cheap?

Problem was when he got here we had already chanegd to this non defending tactic and he was 4th choice so is always going to struggle getting used to a new team and new style when he is barely in the team, same for Cygan before him and now the same for Squid

AKBapologist
28-06-2011, 12:13 PM
It'll probably be in the rag's tomorrow.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23965138-lady-bracewell-smith-sack-all-the-arsenal-board.do

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Shes spot on

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 12:22 PM
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23965138-lady-bracewell-smith-sack-all-the-arsenal-board.do

Shows there really is problems with the whole club from top to bottom. And she is not wrong either.

AKBapologist
28-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Shes spot on

How do you know it's really her and not some 14 year old pretending to be a 50 year old, mouthing off after a wank.

Twitter

/Ach

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 12:25 PM
How do you know it's really her and not some 14 year old pretending to be a 50 year old, mouthing off after a wank.

Twitter

/Ach

:blink:

Youre one weird kid

Joker
28-06-2011, 12:31 PM
If that isn't her account, Nina Bracewell Smith would probably have complained by now and have asked the account to be taken down. The fact she hasn't indicates that this is really her and not an imposter.

LDG
28-06-2011, 12:34 PM
@ Darren# from Essex account hasn't been taken down either, so we must assume he's telling the truth too.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Ah i get it now. Didnt read the article.

Just saw the headline and agreed with that.

But reading it, it mentions she said it on Twitter so yeah probably BS

LDG
28-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Arsenal have rejected a £10m bid from a unnamed Turkish club for midfielder Abou Diaby, according to Gunnerblog (http://gunnerblog.com/?p=2860).
It’s unclear why Arsenal would turn down such an amount of money for a player who has spent more time on the treatement table than on the pitch during his Arsenal career, but continued doubts over the futures of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri, as well as want-away Brazilian Denilson, may have played a part in the decision.
Diaby joined Arsenal in January 2006, around the same time as Theo Walcott and Emmanuel Adebayor, but suffered a career threatening injury at the clogging feet of ex-Sunderland player, and now milkman, Dan Smith. Since then he has suffered a litany of injuries and has never been able to put together a sustained period of fitness and/or form.
He made only 17 starts for the club during another injury hit campaign last season, scoring just 2 goals. It remains to be seen if an improved offer will be made but for now a player who seems to be a firm favourite of the manager is staying at the Grove.

http://news.arseblog.com/index.php/2011/06/arsenal-turn-down-10m-for-diaby/

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Wtf?

If thats true and we rejected it then :doh:

LDG
28-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Paris Saint Germain have emerged as a new suitor in the race to sign Gael Clichy, according to Footmercato.net (http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/transferts/psg-15-meur-et-un-salaire-en-or-pour-attirer-clichy_68961).
The Ligue 1 side, who were recently the subject of high-profile investment by The Qatar Investment Authority, are ready to table a bid in the region €15 million for the French international and will sweeten the deal for the player by offering a huge €3 million a year salary (after tax) in an attempt to ward off interest from the likes of Liverpool and AS Roma

http://news.arseblog.com/index.php/2011/06/psg-ready-bumper-deal-for-clichy/

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Straight swap for Sakho would be fine

Flavs
28-06-2011, 12:48 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7008245,00.html

:lol: £40.3million from a random russian side?? Cant see him going to city if all the rest are in for him, interesting to see paupers Barca throwing around silly money yet again :rolleyes:

AKBapologist
28-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Ah i get it now. Didnt read the article.

Just saw the headline and agreed with that.
Ash in a "medium is the message" shock non shocker.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Ash in a "medium is the message" shock non shocker.

I have no idea what youre talking about but yeah ok

Niall_Quinn
28-06-2011, 01:52 PM
http://news.arseblog.com/index.php/2011/06/arsenal-turn-down-10m-for-diaby/

If that's true then Wenger should be sacked. £10m for that piece of shit and we say no? That's un-fucking-believable - if true. Which it can't be can it? Nobody in their right mind is going to say no to a gift like this. On the other hand, nobody in their right mind is going to offer £10mill for Diaby.

But if it is true - on the horrible off-chance the story is correct, that means Wenger's response to the disaster of last season is to promote a completely useless cock like Diaby up the ranks. That would beggar belief. Fuck, I thought Diaby was a certainty to be out the door. Wenger must be mentally ill, that's the only thing that would explain it.

Toronto Gooner
28-06-2011, 02:05 PM
If that's true then Wenger should be sacked. £10m for that piece of shit and we say no? That's un-fucking-believable - if true. Which it can't be can it? Nobody in their right mind is going to say no to a gift like this. On the other hand, nobody in their right mind is going to offer £10mill for Diaby.

But if it is true - on the horrible off-chance the story is correct, that means Wenger's response to the disaster of last season is to promote a completely useless cock like Diaby up the ranks. That would beggar belief. Fuck, I thought Diaby was a certainty to be out the door. Wenger must be mentally ill, that's the only thing that would explain it.
While I agree that Diaby is not even close to the club's best midfielder, this has to be taken into the context of the whole club. Right now, if Diaby leaves, it is not inconceivable that Arsenal will lose 4 of its experienced midfielders: Fabregas; Nasri; Denilson and Diaby. While the loss of the last two might not be a problem footballing wise, losing 4 players from the squad would be. Especially, if players like Bendtner, Rosicky and Clichy also leave.

LDG
28-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Arsenal are expected to push through a deal for bolton's england defender gary cahill, with unsettled denmark striker nicklas bendtner a possible makeweight to help match differing valuations. (press association)

BBC Rumours.

Boss
28-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Bendtner will score 20+ goals next season if he goes there.

LDG
28-06-2011, 02:30 PM
I think Cahill is done and dusted personally.

Oxface Chambermaid is also done.

AKBapologist
28-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Daiby On form... What a player. Last season to prove his worth IMO though I agree that to lose him now would be foolish.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 02:35 PM
BBC Rumours.

Hahaha "the best striker in the world" going to bolton can't see him wanting to go there too arrogant

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
28-06-2011, 02:39 PM

Twitter

/Ach

:haha: :haha:

AKBapologist
28-06-2011, 03:20 PM
http://bit.ly/mRpDXw
Muhaha

Also the BBC have picked up on the bracewell story too
http://bbc.in/jIxdUh

Hacks, the lot of them I tell ya.

Marc Overmars
28-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Daiby On form... What a player. Last season to prove his worth IMO though I agree that to lose him now would be foolish.

Doesn't matter how many seasons this chump is given, he is only available for selection once or twice a month at best.

Get rid.

Japan Shaking All Over
28-06-2011, 03:30 PM

I am definitely in agreement, there are times that Diaby can play like a demon and you jsut wish he did it more consistently.........I would say he is the one to keep from the second string midfield unless we see more in the likes of Frimpong/Coq and the youngsters, the squad could do with him sticking around, but 10mil is not to be sniffed at

Darth Vela
28-06-2011, 03:38 PM
I am definitely in agreement, there are times that Diaby can play like a demon and you jsut wish he did it more consistently.........I would say he is the one to keep from the second string midfield unless we see more in the likes of Frimpong/Coq and the youngsters, the squad could do with him sticking around, but 10mil is not to be sniffed at

I reckon the youngsters will be why he's kept around, one of Frimpong/Coq will be there challenging for that reserve DM spot and, given his performances there last season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bartley get a shot at it too, so having someone with a bit of experience and power there to supplement it would be a smart move. That, along with the ankle surgery I read somewhere he was having has handed him one final chance it seems.

My first choice would probably still be to move him on and get some Frenchican in to do his job whilst our youngsters audition but IF he sorts some consistency out he'd be very useful.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Would rather keep Denilson than Diaby.

The former is better

Darth Vela
28-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Well, he was.

Then he decided that if the rest of the players couldn't live up to his magnificence he wouldn't bother trying any more and go into the sunset and win trophies at whichever of Milan/Real/Barca he would see fit to join, since then, he's not been much cop.

Boss
28-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Diaby is a the one player in our team that truly defines the word mongoloid.

He has to go.

Kaiser
28-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Diaby is a the one player in our team that truly defines the word mongoloid.

He has to go.

Never has a post been so worthy of :bow: and :gp:

Japan Shaking All Over
28-06-2011, 03:49 PM
gotta disgree there mate

at least Diaby has an inkling that the game relies a lot on forward movement

the other one plays the same way as Blackburn and ManU played out the last 20 minutes of their last gme of the season......for that they should have been fined, as should Denilson be every match

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Doesn't matter how many seasons this chump is given, he is only available for selection once or twice a month at best.

Get rid.

This, he is a liabilty as well, lapses too much concentration.

Grebbo
28-06-2011, 05:34 PM
The fact that some Arsenal fans think we should keep Diaby shows how shite this current Arsenal squad is.

Joker
28-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Diaby produces one good performance every 5 months. For the rest of the time, he's either injured or plays in a disinterested way. We're not going to win trophies with cowardly, substandard players like this stinking up the place.

Power n Glory
28-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Diaby is too injury prone but I'd keep him over Denilson. Diaby has it in him to pull off a match winning performance. Denilson hasn't. I think Diaby has potential but we can't wait on anymore. He has to stay fit and fight his way into the team.

selassie
28-06-2011, 07:04 PM
I think Cahill is done and dusted personally.

Oxface Chambermaid is also done.

I'm not sure about Cahill, I think we're still haggling.

I agree re: Oxface, I think that's done & dusted.

Marc Overmars
28-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Diaby is too injury prone but I'd keep him over Denilson. Diaby has it in him to pull off a match winning performance. Denilson hasn't. I think Diaby has potential but we can't wait on anymore. He has to stay fit and fight his way into the team.

All he has to his game is an ability to gallop 20-25 yards in a short space of time because he has a long stride. He'll make up then ground but then a move will completely break down because he is unable to pick a pass. No intelligence, if he doesn't have it now he never will.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 08:00 PM
BRAZILIAN superkid Casimiro wants a move to the Premier League.

The 19-year-old Sao Paolo midfielder has an £11m buy-out clause in his contract.
He has been tracked by Arsenal, Spurs and Aston Villa.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3663206/Casimiro-wants-a-move-to-England.html#ixzz1QbQtJ82d

Hope hes as good as our last wonderkid from Brazil...

Master Splinter
28-06-2011, 08:03 PM

Wellington :bow:

Injury Time
28-06-2011, 08:10 PM

finally some Beef in our squad!

Marc Overmars
28-06-2011, 08:12 PM

Bit of a wet joke there.

Injury Time
28-06-2011, 08:14 PM

Bit of a wet joke there.

It's quite rare that I make a joke!

Master Splinter
28-06-2011, 08:19 PM
It's quite rare that I make a joke!

Offal jokes tbh.

Injury Time
28-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Offal jokes tbh.
Pfft I know you're kidneying really :upset:

Boss
28-06-2011, 08:28 PM
All of you need to FOAD, ffs.

Injury Time
28-06-2011, 08:31 PM
All of you need to FOAD, ffs.
http://www.dizzydots.co.uk/userimages/Chocolate.png
http://thebbarchitects.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/hot-water-bottle.jpg
http://www.manekineko.us/catalog/images/product/tampax_superplus40_enlarge.jpg
:console:

Power n Glory
28-06-2011, 08:35 PM
All he has to his game is an ability to gallop 20-25 yards in a short space of time because he has a long stride. He'll make up then ground but then a move will completely break down because he is unable to pick a pass. No intelligence, if he doesn't have it now he never will.

He has a mean shot on either foot, good technical ability and has managed to pull out one or two decent passes. He's not that bad. Plays well alongside Song but he gets injured far too often. It's too easy to overlook games where he's been solid on defence or won us a game with a goal. When I see such things from a player that doesn't play that often, I reserve judgement.

Niall_Quinn
28-06-2011, 08:37 PM
He has a mean shot on either foot, good technical ability and has managed to pull out one or two decent passes. He's not that bad. Plays well alongside Song but he gets injured far too often. It's too easy to overlook games where he's been solid on defence or won us a game with a goal. When I see such things from a player that doesn't play that often, I reserve judgement.

I agree totally, he's a cunt and needs to be sold.

GP
28-06-2011, 08:38 PM

Are you still talking about Diaby?

Because he's utter garbage and needs to be killed.

Master Splinter
28-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Remember that poster who called himself Diaby Fan?

What a joker.

Marc Overmars
28-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Remember that poster who called himself Diaby Fan?

What a joker.

Boom!

GP
He was utter garbage and needs to be killed.

Power n Glory
Are you still talking about Diaby?

Because he's utter garbage and needs to be killed.

He has a mean shot and quick feet. You can't deny that. His attitude gets on my nerves sometimes and he can put in awful shifts but I also remember the games where he's been really good.

Master Splinter
28-06-2011, 08:47 PM
He was utter garbage and needs to be killed.

Diaby or Diaby Fan?

GP
He has a mean shot and quick feet. You can't deny that. His attitude gets on my nerves sometimes and he can put in awful shifts but I also remember the games where he's been really good.

Quick feet, slow brain.

He's garbage. Get rid.

GP
Diaby or Diaby Fan?

Yes

Darth Vela
28-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Nah PnG, there's never any need for all this reasoned opining and analytical perspective round here. ;)

Power n Glory
28-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I'll leave this one alone.

Injury Time
28-06-2011, 09:09 PM
I remember and yearn for "good" Diaby to turn up, more often than not "shit" Diaby turns up (possibly with his Spurs shirt on underneath), a typically frustrating Arsenal player.

Sirjackofwilshere
28-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Talking of Diaby just reminds me of how uttery frustrating and inconsistent and brain fart prone 90% of our players are. From Clichy to Bendshit to Koscieny to Vela to to to to to...:banghead::banghead:

AKBapologist
28-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Denilson said that he expected to move to Spain or Italy as a better fit for his style of football, but his agent, Santiago Gerardo, admitted that there were no offers forthcoming so far.

“I don’t know anything about Milan, at the moment they are rumours,” Gerardo said. “The only certainty is that if nothing happens in the coming days, Denilson will join Arsenal for pre-season on July 7.

“Spanish and Italian clubs? At the moment there are no talks. I usually speak with Wenger about certain things, but we have not spoken about Denilson.”

What on earth will Wenger do with the Brazilian next season if nobody makes an offer?
Fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

http://www.footylatest.com/agent-no-buyers-for-denilson-he-will-return-to-arsenal-for-pre-season/22974

Joker
28-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Talking of Diaby just reminds me of how uttery frustrating and inconsistent and brain fart prone 90% of our players are. From Clichy to Bendshit to Koscieny to Vela to to to to to...:banghead::banghead:

The brain fart moments are incredibly frustrating to watch. I think last season featured the greatest number of these Fail moments over the last few years, helping make last season the most exasperating for an Arsenal fan in a long time.

Power n Glory
28-06-2011, 10:20 PM
What on earth will Wenger do with the Brazilian next season if nobody makes an offer?

Give him a Gunnersaurus costume and he can earn his keep that way.

In fact, forget that. We need a new mascot. We should get one of those Donkey outfits that require two people. Eboue can be the head, Denilson the ass! They can share the wages as well.

Özim
28-06-2011, 10:22 PM

http://www.footylatest.com/agent-no-buyers-for-denilson-he-will-return-to-arsenal-for-pre-season/22974
A sh*t, we can't even give this guy away.....to think he's managed to stay in Wenger's plans for years.....

Darth Vela
28-06-2011, 10:25 PM

Makes no difference, if his attitude doesn't improve he ain't getting anywhere near the first team anyway, I guess we'll shuffle him out on loan to save on the wages if no-one will take him.

Özim
28-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Makes no difference, if his attitude doesn't improve he ain't getting anywhere near the first team anyway, I guess we'll shuffle him out on loan to save on the wages if no-one will take him.
Noone is going to pay him 40-50k a week when he's not worth 5k a week. With his dum equal pay policy Wenger has really created problems as we're stuck with high earners who offer nothing and we can't get rid of.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 10:33 PM
A sh*t, we can't even give this guy away.....to think he's managed to stay in Wenger's plans for years.....

Don't know why we don't terminate his contract and cut our losses tbh if we can't sell him.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Noone is going to pay him 40-50k a week when he's not worth 5k a week. With his dum equal pay policy Wenger has really created problems as we're stuck with high earners who offer nothing and we can't get rid of.

Bit harsh to say he is not worth 5k a week silly thing to say. He may not be worth 50 or 60k but id say he is worth 20 to 30k at least.

he ain't a bad player just not good enough for us.

Özim
28-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Bit harsh to say he is not worth 5k a week silly thing to say. He may not be worth 50 or 60k but id say he is worth 20 to 30k at least.

he ain't a bad player just not good enough for us.
You can find players with more desire for 20-30k, this guy doesn't give a toss and is happy strolling around like it's a Sunday afternoon in the park, he then has the cheek to say he wants to play for a club who can win stuff.....that's a joke as with him in the team they'll win jack sh*t as attackers will stroll past him and score goals at leisure.

Özim
28-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Don't know why we don't terminate his contract and cut our losses tbh if we can't sell him.
It'd cost us millions, not sure how long he has left but assuming he's on 50k a week that's 2.6 million a year. If he has 3 years left we'd have to cough up the best part of 8 milion.

selassie
28-06-2011, 10:45 PM

He's garbage.

Arsene is a joke, he boasts about the club living within it's resources but pays garbage players like Denilson who nobody wants 50K per week.

Darth Vela
28-06-2011, 10:48 PM

I dunno, look at it from a neutral perspective for a moment. He's young, got plenty of CL experience and has been playing for us (a top 20 team) for a few years, that's got to be worth a punt for some teams especially if it's on loan without any transfer fee.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 10:52 PM
You can find players with more desire for 20-30k, this guy doesn't give a toss and is happy strolling around like it's a Sunday afternoon in the park, he then has the cheek to say he wants to play for a club who can win stuff.....that's a joke as with him in the team they'll win jack sh*t as attackers will stroll past him and score goals at leisure.

Not disputing how lazy he is or how shite he has been these past few season. He has the potential to shine and had he been at UTD or Chavs in the last 5 years he'd be a better player and you know it. He was just used as an expriement which went wrong and aw never new how to correct it.

It'd cost us millions, not sure how long he has left but assuming he's on 50k a week that's 2.6 million a year. If he has 3 years left we'd have to cough up the best part of 8 milion.

Hmm bummer. Well i guess we'd have to lower his price tbh. But i reckon he will be sold come august anyways. He has disrepected the club too much to be there bext season and if he if the manager really has too look at himself and asky why no one wants his players.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 10:52 PM
I dunno, look at it from a neutral perspective for a moment. He's young, got plenty of CL experience and has been playing for us (a top 20 team) for a few years, that's got to be worth a punt for some teams especially if it's on loan without any transfer fee.

This, if he went to bolton or stoke etc he'd be worth his wages.

Özim
28-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Not when it's clear he doesn't work hard enough and doesn't have much talent. Maybe a lower league team might take a punt but can't see a top club being interested, just because players happen to be lucky enough to be at a top club once, doesn't mean they will be again.

He's very much benefitted from Wenger's youth experiment, without it he's be languishing in the Brazilian league with no hope of leaving it.

Özim
28-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Not disputing how lazy he is or how shite he has been these past few season. He has the potential to shine and had he been at UTD or Chavs in the last 5 years he'd be a better player and you know it. He was just used as an expriement which went wrong and aw never new how to correct it.

Hmm bummer. Well i guess we'd have to lower his price tbh. But i reckon he will be sold come august anyways. He has disrepected the club too much to be there bext season and if he if the manager really has too look at himself and asky why no one wants his players.
I don't reckon he'd have stood out at other clubs, I just don't think he's talented enough or indeed wants it enough....he would have never been at UTD in the 1st place but had he been he'd have been out the door quicker than you could say Taibi.

Özim
28-06-2011, 10:58 PM
This, if he went to bolton or stoke etc he'd be worth his wages.
Doesn't work hard enough for them to go for him and doesn't have enough talent that they'd overlook that.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Doesn't work hard enough for them to go for him and doesn't have enough talent that they'd overlook that.

diffrence is he'd be made to work hard unlike at Arsenal.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-06-2011, 11:04 PM
I don't reckon he'd have stood out at other clubs, I just don't think he's talented enough or indeed wants it enough....he would have never been at UTD in the 1st place but had he been he'd have been out the door quicker than you could say Taibi.

Well if he was, he'd be a diffrent player as fergie would not take that shite, but he is no worse the bebe is he.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-06-2011, 11:06 PM
Bebe. :haha:

GP
28-06-2011, 11:08 PM
At least Bebe was really cheap.

Oh wait!

Darth Vela
28-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Not when it's clear he doesn't work hard enough and doesn't have much talent. Maybe a lower league team might take a punt but can't see a top club being interested, just because players happen to be lucky enough to be at a top club once, doesn't mean they will be again.

He's very much benefitted from Wenger's youth experiment, without it he's be languishing in the Brazilian league with no hope of leaving it.

But it's not clear, that's the point. Lots of teams rely on stats to look at players nowadays, he ain't called Statinho for nothing after all, and that's before you look at the fact that he has actually had good games for us. There's enough to convince teams to have a bash at him, he's a bit lazy and inconsistent but he's young and experienced at the highest level.

We're never going to agree though because I feel he has a modicum of talent whereas you think he's a cut below Michael Brown, bear in mind that there's many people out there with many different opinions, some of those go out and buy players for teams...

Marc Overmars
28-06-2011, 11:19 PM
I can't imagine a Prem team being interested in him, he's not suited to this league at all. Nowhere near as dynamic as what's required.

Funny though that no one has appeared to want him.

Cripps_orig
28-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Arsenal are hoping to announce the signing of Lille's Ivory Coast striker Gervinho and that is likely to be followed by a move for Bolton's England centre half Gary Cahill and Blackburn's Chris Samba.

Same 3 cunts we have been after for weeks and still we haven't got any of them.

Wenger :lol:

Awful manager

Niall_Quinn
29-06-2011, 12:15 AM
It makes sense to pay somebody to take him. If he really has 3 years left on his contract and he's earning a stupid amount of money then if we tabled an offer of Statinho + £2mill we'd be saving ourselves money over the years that would otherwise have been spent on a useless player that takes up a place on the roster but gives nothing in return. Surely there would be some club out there that would go for a deal like that? Plus, wouldn't we get a cut of the transfer fee and wouldn't his agent have to pay us?

Master Splinter
29-06-2011, 12:22 AM
Arsenal are hoping to announce the signing of Lille's Ivory Coast striker Gervinho and that is likely to be followed by a move for Bolton's England centre half Gary Cahill and Blackburn's Chris Samba.

John Cross :lol:.

Kaiser
29-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Been reading Bounce by Matthew Syed and he reflects on the ideas of a growth mindset (people who think hard work will achieve results) and those who have a fixed mindset (they think talent alone brings success - so often don't try hard because of fear of failure etc). Interesting stuff. Most of our players are clearly of a fixed mindset, it seems.

Cripps_orig
29-06-2011, 01:00 AM
Aint he that twat who kept making shit up on twitter?

Classic case of what BS it is

Master Splinter
29-06-2011, 01:17 AM
Aint he that twat who kept making shit up on twitter?

Classic case of what BS it is

He's supposed to be someone with a good knowledge of Arsenal goings-on.

But he seems as clueless as any other tabloid 'journalist'.

He got some abuse from a few GW members, GP and Jackthelad I think. It was highly amusing.

Is JTL still alive?

Cripps_orig
29-06-2011, 01:30 AM
Hasn't he signed up to the new board? I haven't seen a post of his since last September

Power n Glory
29-06-2011, 05:56 AM
At least Bebe was really cheap.

Oh wait!

If that kid stays rubbish, Fergie won't hesitate to get rid of him. He's out on loan already. We allowed Denilson to rack up over 150 appearances and at one point started more games than any other Arsenal player. It's taken Wenger a long time to realise that this reserve player from Sao Paulo is garbage.

Marc Overmars
29-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Been reading Bounce by Matthew Syed and he reflects on the ideas of a growth mindset (people who think hard work will achieve results) and those who have a fixed mindset (they think talent alone brings success - so often don't try hard because of fear of failure etc). Interesting stuff. Most of our players are clearly of a fixed mindset, it seems.

You can't achieve anything in life without a bit of graft tbh.

Japan Shaking All Over
29-06-2011, 08:17 AM
You can't achieve anything in life without a bit of graft tbh.

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/06/17/1226076/936324-china-corruption.jpg

LDG
29-06-2011, 08:39 AM

Another awful article from him today saying we'll lose Cesc and Nasri this week to Barca and Utd respectively.

It really is an awful piece of writing.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-fear-they-will-lose-Cesc-Fabregas-AND-Manchester-United-Samir-Nasri-THIS-WEEK-Exclusive-article753708.html

Grebbo
29-06-2011, 08:48 AM
It makes sense to pay somebody to take him. If he really has 3 years left on his contract and he's earning a stupid amount of money then if we tabled an offer of Statinho + £2mill we'd be saving ourselves money over the years that would otherwise have been spent on a useless player that takes up a place on the roster but gives nothing in return. Surely there would be some club out there that would go for a deal like that? Plus, wouldn't we get a cut of the transfer fee and wouldn't his agent have to pay us?

Any normal manager would think like this. But Wenger wants to keep him.

Özim
29-06-2011, 08:49 AM
I can't imagine a Prem team being interested in him, he's not suited to this league at all. Nowhere near as dynamic as what's required.

Funny though that no one has appeared to want him.
Yeah, they're probably like me and can see how rubbish he is and don't want to waste money on a player who doesn't put a shift in.

Grebbo
29-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Arsene's socialist style of paying all the shite in our squad mega wages, like our top players, so they don't feel bad is going to fuck us this summer. Denilson, Diaby, Bendtner, Rosicky, Almunia etc etc won't leave for less wages and we'll be stuck with the lot of them.

LDG
29-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Arsene's socialist style of paying all the shite in our squad mega wages, like our top players, so they don't feel bad is going to fuck us this summer. Denilson, Diaby, Bendtner, Rosicky, Almunia etc etc won't leave for less wages and we'll be stuck with the lot of them.

That's a really good point actually.

selassie
29-06-2011, 08:59 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930965/payet-joins-lille-in-L9m-move-from-st-etienne?cc=5739

Payet signs for Lille

June 29, 2011

Email (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930965/payet-joins-lille-in-L9m-move-from-st-etienne?cc=5739#)
Print (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/print?id=930965&type=story)

France international Dimitri Payet is looking forward to a "new adventure'' after completing his move to Ligue 1 champions Lille from St Etienne.
Payet, 24, put pen to paper on a four-year deal on Tuesday night, ending a four-year association with ASSE.
Payet, who scored 13 goals last season, will now have the chance to play in the Champions League next term and he admits the lure of European football was too much to ignore.
"It's a huge satisfaction to finally be here in Lille,'' he told Lille's official website. "This was primarily a sporting decision. I was attracted by the future project of the club, a competitive team - here, there is everything to succeed.
"With LOSC I get to play in the Champions League and play a leading role in Ligue 1. Although so much happened in my four years at St Etienne, I needed a new adventure. I think Lille are the club that will help me with that.''

Payet has signed for Lille, maybe this paves the way for us to complete the Gervinho deal?

Özim
29-06-2011, 09:01 AM
A completely f*cked up policy by idealistic Wenger.

I never understood this policy, the better players get more money that's how it's always been, if you proe yourself you get an improved contract....for some dum reason we decided players had nothing to prove and handed over wads of cash to players who have never excelled or achieved anything, at the same time we allow our top players (who cost us money) to run doen their contract....the height of stupdity if you ask me.

selassie
29-06-2011, 09:01 AM

The irony behind it all is Arsene & the board preach on about wages and not paying big money to star players when they load the squad with Junk on inflated wages. We can't even get rid of the Junk, nobody wants to touch em.

We could have had a couple of top tier players for the cost of the wages of those aforementioned players.

LDG
29-06-2011, 09:05 AM

I never understood this policy, the better players get more money that's how it's always been, if you proe yourself you get an improved contract....for some dum reason we decided players had nothing to prove and handed over wads of cash to players who have never excelled or achieved anything, at the same time we allow our top players (who cost us money) to run doen their contract....the height of stupdity if you ask me.

I agree regarding the players who have never acheived anything.

I don't get your point about our top players running down their contracts; To my knowledge on Flamini has done that in the past (and BTW, he did it everywhere he went, and has acheieved precisely fuck all elsewhere) and Nasri, who has been offered a MORE THAN REASONABLE 90k per week, which has been on the table for over a year. Tell me exactly where we have allowed our top players to run dwon contracts??

Grebbo
29-06-2011, 09:09 AM
The irony behind it all is Arsene & the board preach on about wages and not paying big money to star players when they load the squad with Junk on inflated wages. We can't even get rid of the Junk, nobody wants to touch em.

We could have had a couple of top tier players for the cost of the wages of those aforementioned players.

It's utter madness. You've got players like Bendtner and Rosicky on the same money as Modric and Bale.

We're just never going to shift the dead wood (even if Wenger wants to). Who in their right mind is going to pay Bendtner, Denilson and Rosicky anything like what they're on at the moment??

Cripps_orig
29-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger wants to bring in Inter Milan's £8m-rated goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano.
Full story: the Sun

But it looks likely that Wenger will fail to lure Juan Mata to the Emirates after the midfielder said he is happy at Valencia.
Full story: the Independent

Gunners midfielder Denilson is attracting interest from AC Milan. Express

Never heard of the keeper, we were never going to get Mata cos he's too well known and I really hope the last line is true.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Never heard of the keeper, we were never going to get Mata cos he's too well known and I really hope the last line is true.

Meh not really bothred about mata anyway i mean he'd only keave us to join barca in 2-3 years anyway.

maybe AW did not want a 23 year old who plays in u21 tournaments

Olivier's xmas twist
29-06-2011, 09:28 AM

Not Wengers fault its the board, i highly doubt the Manger sorts out contracts and lengths of them, well i suppose that was diens job now Ivans.

anyway my point is the board know we have a tight wage structure so why they let this happen is beyond me.

Boss
29-06-2011, 09:30 AM
10.00 SANCHEZ UPDATE Roberto Mancini claims Manchester City have ended their interest in Udinese winger Alexis Sanchez. “I have spoken to Sanchez and he told me that he was available to join us,” Mancini told Sky Sport Italia. “However, we then ended our interest. We pulled out of the race to sign the Chilean after our last offer was tabled.”

http://blogs.soccernet.com/onthemove/

Ironing
29-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Uh, I'm sorry but can someone explain to me how everyone seems to all of a sudden know how much our players are earning, and how everyone also seems to know that we are operating a system where everyone gets paid the same wage?

Thanks.

Özim
29-06-2011, 09:32 AM
I agree regarding the players who have never acheived anything.

I don't get your point about our top players running down their contracts; To my knowledge on Flamini has done that in the past (and BTW, he did it everywhere he went, and has acheieved precisely fuck all elsewhere) and Nasri, who has been offered a MORE THAN REASONABLE 90k per week, which has been on the table for over a year. Tell me exactly where we have allowed our top players to run dwon contracts??
Edu, Nasri, Flamini, Clichy come to mind. I was thinking about players who are actually worth something basically.

I hear us re-signing youngsters on long term contracts etc (and never letting these run down) but there's examples with our top players where this isn't done.

Özim
29-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Not Wengers fault its the board, i highly doubt the Manger sorts out contracts and lengths of them, well i suppose that was diens job now Ivans.

anyway my point is the board know we have a tight wage structure so why they let this happen is beyond me.
Seems to me that AW has his fingers in many pies....too many if you ask me. I still think we never let kids contracts run down and yet with the likes of Nasri we have, it would have been better to keep him under a longer contract even if we did plan to sell.

Özim
29-06-2011, 09:35 AM
and how everyone also seems to know that we are operating a system where everyone gets paid the same wage?

Thanks.
Er let's see, Wenger said as much. Not the same wage but he doesn't want big wage differences amongst most of the squad.

Coney
29-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Er let's see, Wenger said as much. Not the same wage but he doesn't want big wage differences amongst most of the squad.

Bloody commie frog.

Ironing
29-06-2011, 09:42 AM

Right, that's not exactly the same is it

How are you quantifying 'big wage difference' ? What is a 'big difference' in Wenger's eyes? How much is 'most of the squad'

Is there a reliable online footballer's wage reference? I'm also interested in the claim that Bendtner earns the same amount as Modric & Male (Grebbo pg. 23)

LDG
29-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Edu, Nasri, Flamini, Clichy come to mind. I was thinking about players who are actually worth something basically.

I hear us re-signing youngsters on long term contracts etc (and never letting these run down) but there's examples with our top players where this isn't done.

To me, a player can run down a contract if he wishes. The club can offer them a deal, but sometimes that's not what the player wants.

You can either bow to their demands, or you just leave it be. You can't force a player to sign a new deal.

With Nasri, he's demanding parity with Cesc, our captain, and he does not deserve that wage imho. We've offered a good package if you believe what is written, and so why should we do any more for the kid. This was done last year....so wehn exactly were we supposed to renegotiate that contract??? Two years ago?? When he was injured and had done absolutely jack all for us??

With Flamini, he openly admits that he is a business man, and therefore he was always going to piss off. Tbh, it was hardly a sore miss, and he's done nothing since.

Edu, I am actually pissed off we failed to resign him, as I think he was a brilliant player, but then again, he was also far to inconsistent.

Clichy?? Come on. He's been useless for three years now, and has cost us a lot of points. Why should we renew a contract of a player who has not improved?? Or is this soley down to sell on value in your eyes??

The club should not be held to ransom by mercinarys. In all the cases you mention, we have offered improved deals. And those deals are what the club are prepared to offer. Of those players you mention, which ones do you think were deserved of massive wage increases?

Like I said; I agree with you on the youngsters. Special cases like Cesc, probably Wilshire etc deserve it imho, but others?? But as Ironing says, we don't know precisely what they are being paid do we....

Özim
29-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Right, that's not exactly the same is it

How are you quantifying 'big wage difference' ? What is a 'big difference' in Wenger's eyes? How much is 'most of the squad'

Is there a reliable online footballer's wage reference? I'm also interested in the claim that Bendtner earns the same amount as Modric & Male (Grebbo pg. 23)
Well if you believe what you read then Bendtner and Denilson are on 40-50k a week, that suggests the squad members get a lot more than they should. We know what some of the others get too, doesn't Chamakh get 50k I think it was. So you can already see the kind of wages we're talking about.

If you look at our wage bill though, there's no doubt we have a hig average as we don't have many stars and yet our bill is very high.

Özim
29-06-2011, 09:58 AM
To me, a player can run down a contract if he wishes. The club can offer them a deal, but sometimes that's not what the player wants.

You can either bow to their demands, or you just leave it be. You can't force a player to sign a new deal.

With Nasri, he's demanding parity with Cesc, our captain, and he does not deserve that wage imho. We've offered a good package if you believe what is written, and so why should we do any more for the kid. This was done last year....so wehn exactly were we supposed to renegotiate that contract??? Two years ago?? When he was injured and had done absolutely jack all for us??

With Flamini, he openly admits that he is a business man, and therefore he was always going to piss off. Tbh, it was hardly a sore miss, and he's done nothing since.

Edu, I am actually pissed off we failed to resign him, as I think he was a brilliant player, but then again, he was also far to inconsistent.

Clichy?? Come on. He's been useless for three years now, and has cost us a lot of points. Why should we renew a contract of a player who has not improved?? Or is this soley down to sell on value in your eyes??

The club should not be held to ransom by mercinarys. In all the cases you mention, we have offered improved deals. And those deals are what the club are prepared to offer. Of those players you mention, which ones do you think were deserved of massive wage increases?

Like I said; I agree with you on the youngsters. Special cases like Cesc, probably Wilshire etc deserve it imho, but others?? But as Ironing says, we don't know precisely what they are being paid do we....
I'm not saying some of those are great players, but with a longer contract their worth more. I'd say if someone doesn't want to sign, sell them whilst their value is high...you don't have to bow down but you have to protect yourself from losing players cut price.

Nasri IMO should have been signed up last summer, if he wasn't going to we should have got our money back and signed someone else. We should make it clear that we want to extend their contract but that if they don't then we'll be left with no choice but to sell as we don't want to lose them for less than market value.

Joker
29-06-2011, 09:58 AM

That has nothing to do with socialism. If we had geniune socialism, every player who be paid his geniune worth, i.e. the labour theory of value. In that case, lazy bastards like Denilson and Bendtner who free ride off the success of others would be paid jack shit.

It's not Wenger's so called "socialism" that's the problem, it's his free market fundamentalist ideas that has got us into this predicament, combined with the old fashioned ideas of our board members, who are simply old Etonian dinosaurs.

Darth Vela
29-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Well if you believe what you read then Bendtner and Denilson are on 40-50k a week, that suggests the squad members get a lot more than they should. We know what some of the others get too, doesn't Chamakh get 50k I think it was. So you can already see the kind of wages we're talking about.

If you look at our wage bill though, there's no doubt we have a hig average as we don't have many stars and yet our bill is very high.

Chamakh on 50k? After signing him for free? I'd be surprised if it's under 65k at the very least.

I have no doubt our young players are on more than at other clubs, them being first team regulars and all but I'm not entirely sure what your point is. You want us to negotiate contracts earlier just in case players get good later but you don't want us to pay young players more as they haven't proven themselves yet? That seems kinda contradictory to me.

Joker
29-06-2011, 10:09 AM
By the way it's hilarious how players like Denilson and Bendtner are not wanted by other clubs. That should take them down a peg or two. Bendtner especially behaves like a big time Charlie, even though his actual talent is a small fraction of the size of ego. Then there's Denilson, who thinks tracking midfield runners is beneath him. Hope we stick the two in the reserves if we can't flog them, they'd deserve it.

LDG
29-06-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm not saying some of those are great players, but with a longer contract their worth more. I'd say if someone doesn't want to sign, sell them whilst their value is high...you don't have to bow down but you have to protect yourself from losing players cut price.

Nasri IMO should have been signed up last summer, if he wasn't going to we should have got our money back and signed someone else. We should make it clear that we want to extend their contract but that if they don't then we'll be left with no choice but to sell as we don't want to lose them for less than market value.

I'm sorry mate, but you're not making much sense.

On the one hand you're saying we're letting top players contracts run down.

On the other you're saying we're paying out stupid money to players that don't deserve big wage hikes.

Now, out of the players you have mentioned, Nasri seems like the "toppest" player, and surely the player that you were initially thinking of, because this wouldn't have come up otherwise.

Tell me what Nasri had done to deserve an improved deal last summer, that, BTW, we did offer. All 90k of it??

Furthermore, Nasri's value last year would have been nothing compared to now. Especially coming off the back of NIL return, having been injured for much of his SECOND season with us, and many fans on here baying for blood because he wasn't good enough.

Yet. He comes out at the beginning of last year, and proves he is one of our TOP players, and that perhaps AW was right to offer him a new deal, and have faith in his ability.

I don't get where you are coming from. Because for all I can see, you're twisting what is a situation we've tried to resolve with a more than reasonable offer, at the right time, into something you can beat Wenger with.

Elche
29-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Waiting to see who it is having a medical today,for us.

Still not like United...Champions, strengthening, no one leaving..Young, De Gea and Jones in the bag....NO FUSS!

Darth Vela
29-06-2011, 10:14 AM
With Scholes retiring they have an even bigger hole in midfield to fix now though, let them buy in wingers who aren't much better than what they've got, if they don't deal with their ailing midfield their transfer window will be a failure imo.

Joker
29-06-2011, 10:15 AM
I think they're on the lookout for a midfielder next (which explains why they're linked with Nasri) With Ferguson he doesn't waste time, making sure he gets the necessary recruitments in early.

Elche
With Scholes retiring they have an even bigger hole in midfield to fix now though, let them buy in wingers who aren't much better than what they've got, if they don't deal with their ailing midfield their transfer window will be a failure imo.

They have it solved...he's called Samir Nasri

LDG
Waiting to see who it is having a medical today,for us.

Still not like United...Champions, strengthening, no one leaving..Young, De Gea and Jones in the bag....NO FUSS!

Why, is there rumour that someone is?? Or is this press conf. 7pm kthx stuff....?

LDG
29-06-2011, 10:16 AM
They have it solved...he's called Samir Nasri

That's next season though.

Darth Vela
29-06-2011, 10:17 AM
By the way it's hilarious how players like Denilson and Bendtner are not wanted by other clubs. That should take them down a peg or two. Bendtner especially behaves like a big time Charlie, even though his actual talent is a small fraction of the size of ego. Then there's Denilson, who thinks tracking midfield runners is beneath him. Hope we stick the two in the reserves if we can't flog them, they'd deserve it.

It is pretty funny, especially the statement from Shakthar 'they offered us Denilson, we are not interested in him at all', if it forced them to change their attitude it might work out nicely if they don't leave this year, doubt it would though.

Elche
29-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Why, is there rumour that someone is?? Or is this press conf. 7pm kthx stuff....?

At 8am this morning several Journalists,and AST Members all started communicating about a medical today happening as we speak...Player unknown...It's been rife on Twitter all morning.