User Tag List

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Man Utd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    They were booing as soon as they saw Ox walking off. When Ox name was announced they cheered, then went back to booing. Arsahvin didn't do anything wrong in the previous game to get such a reaction. He's had a worst run of games in the past and it has never resulted in sucha reaction. It's shame he had to the player to come on for Ox, but if Yossi came on, there would have been boos as well. Ox just set up the goal and was having a great game. As soon as he sets up a goal he goes off. That was why the reaction was so strong.
    my point was Arshavin heard booing at that point was not sure why. he must have thought why don't they want me on.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    my point was Arshavin heard booing at that point was not sure why. he must have thought why don't they want me on.
    Cos hes a fat fuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must have been hard for Arshavin to hear that and I feel sorry for him. He's being mismanaged. I don't think the goal came from a lack of effort. He tracked back but can't tackle or mark.

But don't fall for the okey doke! the seed of dissent has been planted and some how this thread has been hijacked. Firs post of the thread and the culprit is moaning about the moaners. No comment on the result or match.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worst thing is when Arshavin came on I turned to my mate and said 'they're gonna nick it'. 20 seconds later and guess what happened.. they scored.

Why the f*ck did Wenger take Oxo off? Reports suggest he had cramp but from where I was sitting he never once looked to the bench or made out he had fatigue. Him setting up a goal would have given him extra confidence to play better in the last 15 mins, it probably would have given him that extra oomph to really push on. United couldn't handle him so what does Arsene do.. substitute him. Worst decision he's made in years.

I've yet to see the crowd chant 'you dont know what you're doing' like they did today at Wenger, it suggests there's real ill feeling and most people are fed up.

I think Wenger's losing it, and if he doesn't buck up he'll be gone in the summer. Another trophyless season and potentially dropping out the drop 4 will put too much pressure on him, and the fans will get their way.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    weren't no booing directed at Arshavin from where I was sitting.

We booed when Oxo was taken off, then Arshavins name was called and crowd went silent.

No booing towards him.

Only Wenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    weren't no booing directed at Arshavin from where I was sitting.

We booed when Oxo was taken off, then Arshavins name was called and crowd went silent.

No booing towards him.

Only Wenger.
    I never said people was booing him, i said to him comig on it may have looked like it. I know there no boo's at him but did he.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never said people was booing him, i said to him comig on it may have looked like it. I know there no boo's at him but did he.
    Does it matter? Did it effect his game in a negative way? If everyone was cheering do you think he's have stopped Valencia from making that run into the box?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it matter? Did it effect his game in a negative way? If everyone was cheering do you think he's have stopped Valencia from making that run into the box?
    To be honest, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that the crowd reaction and the change in crowd atmosphere may have affected our team performance negatively. But nevertheless, I agree that I don't think you can blame the fans for that. The fans aren't robots. They saw a ridiculous decision being made at a time when emotions were high and we had all the momentum, and they reacted to it without thinking. It was natural instincts. I think our fans will get some bad press and reputation for it but I'm glad they did it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were pissed off, and rightly so. Only AW is quite so skilled at wrestling a defeat from the clutches of a victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noticed it as well. It was close to being a Gallas moment. I've never seen a player angry about another player coming off the field.
    Probably the same shit going through his head that was going through the fans' heads. Best player hauled off, fucking up a chance of the points which we absolutely required today, the CL most likely gone, the scum 10 points clear of us, the backfiring chavs opening up a gap, the same old shit we've seen time and again. If RvP has been hearing shit behind the scenes about a change in direction or ambition then what happened today would kill that idea. We've been here too many times now. RvP won't stay, why would he? He's good enough to win something, he's spent many years here trying, but we're as far away as ever. He's broken his back this season and the reason we aren't in a deeper hole is down to him. So I guess he wonders when somebody else is going to chip in. Gallas was sulking. RvP looked more incredulous or maybe resigned. If the fans knew Ox would be hooked then I'm pretty damn sure the players could have guessed it. It's not just one substitution, it's the stubbornness and rigidity and fucked up blind faith that goes back years and was encapsulated in this one event. The straw that broke the camels back. Okay, I'm guessing. But he looked like I felt.
    Für eure Sicherheit