User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Barca v Arsenal - Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to focus everything on the league to qualify for the Champions League next season and then get through the group stage but then priority must be getting a top four place in the league next season to ensure that we qualify for the 2017/18 Champions League where we will need to make sure that we get out of the group's but then the focus must switch to making sure that we finish in the Top 4 above all else, to ensure that we qualify for the Champions League 2018/19 and then get through the group stage but the priority will have to be the league rather than the knockout stages, to ensure that we qualify for the Champions League 2019/20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Didn't see it. Predictable enough. I don't think we learned anything new tonight, did we?
    We did. Next year with proper signings, we will win the quadruple.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adzzzbatch View Post
    I think barca get much more credit than they deserve, look over the two legs the chances and goals we gifted them, stupid mistakes, rank amateur defending and then look at our performance at the other end not being able hit a cow's arse with a banjo, things could and should've been different but in the end it was all too predictable, something that only arsenal know how to make things.
    Nah they deserve all their credit mate, they're a truly great side who should really become the first team to retain it. They know we're a pub team and didn't bother to get out of 3rd gear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubby Allen View Post
    We need to focus everything on the league to qualify for the Champions League next season and then get through the group stage but then priority must be getting a top four place in the league next season to ensure that we qualify for the 2017/18 Champions League where we will need to make sure that we get out of the group's but then the focus must switch to making sure that we finish in the Top 4 above all else, to ensure that we qualify for the Champions League 2018/19 and then get through the group stage but the priority will have to be the league rather than the knockout stages, to ensure that we qualify for the Champions League 2019/20.
    I make that £120mill.

Niiiiiiiiice!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Also, I'm not sure Iwobi did too much, not having a go at him, just a little unsure where the praise arises from.
    As I said the other day, you only need to look mildly competent right now to stand out in this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iwobi looked comfortable. It was a good CL debut for the kid but he really shouldn't have been making his debut for that sort of game. Cynical but I think Wenger just wanted to show off a little and pick up some sort of praise this evening by revealing another one of his many 'prodigies' on the world stage.

But a decent performance from the kid. Not bad at all.

Predictable result. Poor defending all night. Poor finishing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't mind the look of the side when it was picked. I like ElNeny, Ospina, Welbeck and Iwobi and all are in form compared to the others.

Flamini or Coquelin isn't much of a choice but the latter has been poor lately.

I'd start with this side against Everton but with Campbell instead of Ozil and to not be tempted to bring Walcott on, regardless of how much anyone says, "His pace may be useful"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF we absolutely have to play Walcott, please let it be down the middle rather than on the flanks. He has barely put in 2.5 good performances on the flanks in his 10 years at Arsenal. Why the fuck will things be different now? Oh wait, the manager believes in doing the same thing over and over again, and expect different results. That makes sense.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    IF we absolutely have to play Walcott, please let it be down the middle rather than on the flanks. He has barely put in 2.5 good performances on the flanks in his 10 years at Arsenal. Why the fuck will things be different now? Oh wait, the manager believes in doing the same thing over and over again, and expect different results. That makes sense.
    He is shite up front, the guy is completely reliant on being able to run into space, space that is never available because of how we keep possession. Maybe in another team he would be utilised properly for the one trick pony that he is but we'll never get that from him here consistently. His most productive spells for us have always come from the right where he doesn't need to be involved in the build up play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)