User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal.com sticking a massive middle finger up at the media

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    This is typical propaganda from the official website. You can't use official figures to make this sort of comparison, you must look at the stadium capacity as well and look at what percentage of the seats have been filled. Here's a revised analysis:

As you can see, when done this way we're only 11th out of 26th out of the matches selected, which doesn't look so good now does it?

I hate it when people use statistics without putting them in their proper context. This is without considering the fact that we're a London club and our supporters tend to come from the Home Counties, where incomes are generally higher relative to the rest of the country, and even then so many people stayed away from the match, despite the cheap tickets.
    Just go with the bottom line, that's all that counts these days anyway. Who banked the most cash? Probably us.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Right so your objection to it now is that someone posted about it, yet otherwise you couldn't care? A couple of posts ago you were saying they shouldn't be posting anything on the website!

Anything they do is going to be treated with cynicism, clearly.
    Yup, I wouldnt have cared to reply if it wasnt posted on GW as if the world was against us...

As for cynicism, look what the club has done to us over the years.. I hate being like this but the club hasnt given the fans much cause for optimism in the last 4-5 seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeYank View Post
    I dont remember you quoting me so my bad about not reading every post on GW religiously! I do not understand why fans would scamper away at rain falling on a summer day but thats not part of the discussion. If I got the facts wrong about the Liverpool game based on watching it on TV and not reading all the messages on GW, I do apologise. I still do stick with the part that attendance are on the lower side and it will only get worse if the performance of this season continues!
    Nobody left, they went under cover, giving the appearance of empty seats, it chucked it down. And I'm just putting you straight on the situation. It is poor, but lets not exaggerate.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeYank View Post
    Yup, I wouldnt have cared to reply if it wasnt posted on GW as if the world was against us...

As for cynicism, look what the club has done to us over the years.. I hate being like this but the club hasnt given the fans much cause for optimism in the last 4-5 seasons.
    Really?

That isn't the impression I'm getting.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Death to Arsenal! Down with Arsenal! A pox on Arsenal! Ha, Ha, Arsenal lost! We're shit and we know we are! And I say that as a true fan!

Lets' not confuse the club we support with the cunts who run it. Chalk and cheese.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    Really?

That isn't the impression I'm getting.
    Nah I was just kidding.. I love being miserable. I mean who doesnt?! Watching your team get humiliated week in week out, falling from being one of the best teams in Europe to losing to all and sundry.. it is partay time!

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I really don't see too much wrong with the club running with this article. The media (and some Arsenal fans) are using anything they can at the moment to put us down and depict a club in crisis, but for me 46,000 against a league 2 team is a fucking good turn out all things considered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How pathetic, the club is really clutching at straws. Whats even more astonishing is that some (the OP) are buying into this crap.

Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we win, I couldn't give a toss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Charlie View Post
    Personally I really don't see too much wrong with the club running with this article. The media (and some Arsenal fans) are using anything they can at the moment to put us down and depict a club in crisis, but for me 46,000 against a league 2 team is a fucking good turn out all things considered.
    Well exactly. All the article really says is 'Thanks for your support'

But yeah, how dare they??