• Yes

0 0%
  • No

11 100.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Will Arsene leave at the end of his current contract

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    You can’t base predictions just on spending power and what we’ve seen since 2009. Just look how unstable management positons have been since then. Chelsea and City have switched managers a fair bit and Man Utd had just lost Ronaldo and Fergie was winding down to retirement. He didn’t assemble a better team than that bunch after that period. But saying that, although he never successfully defended a title after 2009, he never went two seasons in a row without the league title.

Anyway, let’s take the word dominant out of the equation because I don’t think it’s hard to understand what is meant. I return to a more competitive level where we’re winning more titles let’s say.
    I can base predictions based on stellar configuration if I want to, it's just a prediction.

There's absolutely no guarantee that Mourinho will be at Chelsea long time, he is quite a nomadic figure....he may well be, and if I were to guess I'd say he will but no guarantee.

There's nothing to suggest City or United won't install a manager for the long term in the next few seasons, City especially don't seem quite as keen on hiring and firing as Abramovich.
    I could be wrong Chelsea may dominate in the short term anyway, I just don't happen to think they will.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 23-07-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    It wasn't a defence of Wenger by saying it would be be difficult to dominate, in fact Wenger was no part of the point I was making.

By the way what would your view be of someone like Usmanov owning the club?
    I'm not sure on the Usmanov issue. On one hand its easy to say "We dont wanna get like Chelsea & City, buy success & say goodbye to all the principles we've stood for" but the problem faced by us & others is that this is the way football is going. The Premier league will become the billionaires plaything & we will have to decide to be part of it or not. If we say no, then we say goodbye to the high life & trophy aspirations. The City situation has proved how quickly big money can change your fortunes, so if Spurs, Everton, Newcastle etc all "do a City", then we'd be competing with what's left.
    I'm proud of the fact most other fans, even those who hate us, say that Arsenal at least try to do things the right way but if others "do a City" & we get left behind - all that will be forgotten.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I pretty much have a firm line on Usmanov if he gets his grubby hands on Arsenal, the club will no longer have my support. I consider myself fairly pragmatic but you have to stand for something and this man is a criminal and human rights abuser.
    The Right and proper ownership test is a joke and I have no doubt that, that fat Rapist would sail through it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can base predictions based on stellar configuration if I want to, it's just a prediction.

There's absolutely no guarantee that Mourinho will be at Chelsea long time, he is quite a nomadic figure....he may well be, and if I were to guess I'd say he will but no guarantee.

There's nothing to suggest City or United won't install a manager for the long term in the next few seasons, City especially don't seem quite as keen on hiring and firing as Abramovich.
    I could be wrong Chelsea may dominate in the short term anyway, I just don't happen to think they will.
    True. I'm just saying it's flawed and there is more to it than just spending. City won their first title on like the last kick of the game in the last game of the season. It came down to goal difference, didn't it? Utd would have had 3 back to back titles if it weren't for that strike and we'd be saying something else. Heck, City were lucky win their last title in fact. Thank Gerrard for that. Money can place you in a better position to be more competitive but you need a skilled manager to dominate. I don't think it's impossible but agree that it's not easy.

Anything can happen in football. UEFA and the FA may grow some balls and tighten the FFP rules, so who knows.

But I'll stand by what I said earlier. If this is the way the league is going we need a better manager that can capitalise on openings when our opponents are weak and react faster.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    I don't think I disagreed with you on your last paragraph, I just stated that the amount of money makes it more competitive to the point where teams as you've evidenced are winning the title on goal difference or the odd point, but that unpredictability that you cite for me only strengthens my belief that it will be difficult to Dominate (a fluid term apparently) and that even for Chelsea and Mourinho it's going to be a big ask to win back to back titles. If Chelsea win it at a canter again next season, feel free to remind me what I've just said.
    The fact that we've not won the title for over ten years despite consistently finishing in the top four, suggests that Wenger doesn't have it to put us into the consistent mix but we've all read the back page headlines this morning so we can only hope that we are wrong.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Well either that or the board comes to its senses and realises that a successful business model is based on winning major titles without having Jabba the Rapist as the owner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pretty much have a firm line on Usmanov if he gets his grubby hands on Arsenal, the club will no longer have my support. I consider myself fairly pragmatic but you have to stand for something and this man is a criminal and human rights abuser.
    The Right and proper ownership test is a joke and I have no doubt that, that fat Rapist would sail through it.
    If we go the route of the multi billionaire I doubt you're gonna get anything other than a guy who should be locked up for various crimes to humanity. But the key thing here is that if we sell to Usmanov ( who I agree is a Fat Russian rapist ) we lose you as an Arsenal fan which would probably mean you wouldn't post anymore - let me give this a bit more thought, I'm still torn on the issue!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I disagreed with you on your last paragraph, I just stated that the amount of money makes it more competitive to the point where teams as you've evidenced are winning the title on goal difference or the odd point, but that unpredictability that you cite for me only strengthens my belief that it will be difficult to Dominate (a fluid term apparently) and that even for Chelsea and Mourinho it's going to be a big ask to win back to back titles. If Chelsea win it at a canter again next season, feel free to remind me what I've just said.
    The fact that we've not won the title for over ten years despite consistently finishing in the top four, suggests that Wenger doesn't have it to put us into the consistent mix but we've all read the back page headlines this morning so we can only hope that we are wrong.
    We see things differently. Why should it be difficult to dominate if your competitors keep switching and changing managers along with players? I believe all the chopping and changing can set a team back and it can take a year or two for a manager to get his team together. This is why I think Jose may have the upper hand.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dein-machine View Post
    If we go the route of the multi billionaire I doubt you're gonna get anything other than a guy who should be locked up for various crimes to humanity. But the key thing here is that if we sell to Usmanov ( who I agree is a Fat Russian rapist ) we lose you as an Arsenal fan which would probably mean you wouldn't post anymore - let me give this a bit more thought, I'm still torn on the issue!
    Ha

Seriously though, of course there is no one in this life who is going to accumulate vast wealth without getting their hands dirty along the way. I don't know what Stan Kroenkes wealth is relative to Usmanovs, but I'm fairly confident he hasn't been involved in organised crime, and isn't an apparatchik for a mobster head of state.

I don't like Kroenke I think he's a greedy old fuck but I can tolerate him being majority share holder despite not caring at all for the "For services rendered" payment of £3 million to KSE.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    We see things differently.
    I come away with that impression every time we have a discussion