User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Denilson better than Ramsey?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was Denilson better than Ramsey?

This is worth considering. I at least remember Denilson having a few good games here or there but I can't say the same for Ramsey this season. He has been that bad and I hate Denilson. But at this point in time, I'd take him over Ramsey. I can't remember our midfield being this open and our possession being this low.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denilson was nowhere near as bad as he was made out to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you're probably right, Ramsey's form in the last 3 months has been worse than anything Denilson produced (although I never rated Denilson at all and thought he was a very mediocre player)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Oh no, he was bad. Ramsey is terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Yes he was worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Yeah you're probably right, Ramsey's form in the last 3 months has been worse than anything Denilson produced (although I never rated Denilson at all and thought he was a very mediocre player)
    Thats just it his form has been bad but Denilson was bad for more then a few seasons. Ramsey has not had a few seasons to prove himself.

I feel sorry for Ramsey because unlike Denilson Ramsey was thrown in at the deep end Denilson never was.

He was not picked every week nor played every week.

Ramsey needs a loan to bolton for a year tbh.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denilson wasn't as bad as Ramsey.

But Ramsey wasn't as bad as Denilson.

Ergo, they are both fucking shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like many of our younger players, Denilson was played completely out of position, he was asked to come in and do what Flamini had done next to Fabrgeas the year before is a 442.

All i remeber of this kid is when he played against Spurs in a Carling Cup game in an attacking role, he was supurb, however like a number of our midfield players a few years ago, they all played second fiddle to a team built around Cesc...eg Diaby on the wing, Rosicky on the wing, Hleb on the wing etc etc etc.

We have all seen how good Rosicky has been now that he has finally been played where he always belonged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never a fan of Denilson's but I can understand how he divided opinion on here. Ramsey....there is no division. He's been shit. He takes it a step further than Denilson. Not only does he offer nothing on attack or defence, he completely screws up our cohesion in the middle. It's disjointed when we play and we can't even play that boring tippy tappy stuff because his positioning is so bad. With Denilson, we lacked creativity and he was bloody lazy. But he never left huge gaping gaps in the middle of the park that left us open this much.

Since Ramsey has come back from injury and been available, our record has been shocking. When we had Song, Arteta and Rosicky in the middle, the creativity was flowing and we looked solid down the middle. We've missed Arteta but even when he's played alongside Ramsey in the middle we have looked disjointed. I am so glad we only have one game left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denilson didn't develop as a player, Ramsey still has a chance to do that. But he has been generally poor since his return from injury. I don't think he brings the midfield down on his own, but when others aren't playing well he doesn't step up. A bit of a passenger. Denilson was different, he actually killed our game, slowed us down, broke up our play rather like the massively overrated Diaby. Fact is, we need better players than any of these full stop. That kid Coquelin was twice as effective as Ramsey today even though he made a few mistakes. Ox was also far more effective even though he didn't have a decisive impact. So Ramsey is a bit anonymous which is not as bad as Denilson who had a negative effect on the whole team.
    Für eure Sicherheit