User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Koscielny good enough for the PL?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he can be coached into becoming a top class defender

12 60.00%
  • No, this level is a step too much for him, get rid

8 40.00%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Koscielny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Koscielny

Today he made another calamitous error in the penalty area and from what I've seen his career with us has been littered with these, more often than not these also lead to goals.

IMO he's not good enough for this level as he doesn't seem to be able to concentrate for 90 minutes and makes some horrendous errors (more than a good defender should IMO), just curious as to what the opinion is on him...do people think he's good enough or not?

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did what it took to keep a clean sheet.

Is he good enough, isn't he? No idea, if we're poorly organised by Wenger then it isn't a great environment for any defender. Doing what Kos did lacks match intelligence though which I think is something innate, going down to ten men for 90 minutes (roughly) is mountainous compared to just going 0-1 down.

Having said all that, communication with Szhananay obviouisly wasn't there between the two of them (as was the case in the League Cup final).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think he makes very rash decisions, there's times when he's very good but there's always those moments of madness.

I'm not sure if it can be coached out of him. Today was a shocker, why would anyone do that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We conceded zero goals when Kos was on the pitch. The stats prove he's quality. It was only when he went off things fell apart.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel_Quinn View Post
    We conceded zero goals when Kos was on the pitch. The stats prove he's quality. It was only when he went off things fell apart.
    A point well made, I hadn't considered that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he was warned by the ref before the game that holding would be punished severely then no, he's a fucking liability, if however as I suspect this was just a referee being a **** then he's just been unlucky and been red-carded for something that goes on week in week out seemingly un-noticed by all authorities until now, typically when everything seems to be going against us anyway, we're the ones who get shit on, but that's football for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PGFC View Post
    If he was warned by the ref before the game that holding would be punished severely then no, he's a fucking liability, if however as I suspect this was just a referee being a **** then he's just been unlucky and been red-carded for something that goes on week in week out seemingly un-noticed by all authorities until now, typically when everything seems to be going against us anyway, we're the ones who get shit on, but that's football for you.
    Pretty much.

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucksake. Maybe he shouldn't have made the challenge, but the problem there was caused by letting cuty get in an easy position to get that cross in. We get turned all the time, and it's because we drop off and allow teams to play through us.

Shit fucking defending all round. Singling out players is poor judgement.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's holding and there's Koscielny's version of hold me and never let e go. Deffo pen, deffo red, deffo stupid shit of a player who has cost us this game.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Fucksake. Maybe he shouldn't have made the challenge, but the problem there was caused by letting cuty get in an easy position to get that cross in. We get turned all the time, and it's because we drop off and allow teams to play through us.

Shit fucking defending all round. Singling out players is poor judgement.
    But at least be bit sneaky if you are going to ate the guy out. Don't make it so easy for the ref, especially when it's Dean.
    Für eure Sicherheit